Reaching Through Darkness (Fin)

JediKaren

Warning: this is the second to last chapter and the third to last post to the end of this story. Hope you all are thoroughly enjoying as much as I have.

Ch 41

Karen

”œOk, Karen, I think it is time to start pushing. I am going to need a nice long push from you. Breathe deeply and on a count of three. One”¦two”¦”

Bringing Light into Darkness

Join the Psiworld

OMG I'm done! I've done it. I've finally finished it and I do believe this is a fine ending. Oh by the Force I'm so happy. The only thing left is the FAQ, but the story is over! WHOOT! Do please comment as will. I'm sure you all have questions and comments. So don't hold them back. Anyway here is the LAST chapter:

Ch 42

Mirmo

I had hoped the baby would be a girl. Karen and I had talked about both sexes and decided a girl would be the best one. Girls are less troublesome and frankly cuter than boys, at least that was my opinion. Karen seemed less concerned about the sex than I did. She was the one who refused to know the sex ahead of time, saying she wanted to be surprised. I argued against that, but my argument was backed by a small fear that I would not confront. That fear was that I hoped the child was not a boy so the child could not grow up to be like his father.

I watched Karen peacefully sleep on her bed as I rocked the baby slowly. The baby too, was asleep and both the mother and the child needed it after giving birth some hours ago. I had to admit I was glad to have that nightmare over with. Despite all of our technology, there is still some danger in labor and I was worried for my apprentice and hoped nothing would happen to the baby.

Yet, nothing happened except for a lot of cursing and cries my apprentice gave as the waves of pain rolled through her. I had tried to shield myself from such agony, but our strong bond would not allow me any protection, so I suffered along with her. In the end it was worth it as I saw my apprentice look down at her wiggling, softly crying boy in her arms. Her face was soaked and her sticky hair framed her face, making her look even more tired than I knew. I watched her stick a finger at one of the swinging, tiny hands of her baby. The baby grabbed onto the finger and squeezed. Karen smiled and hushed her baby to silence. She was a natural mother, I reflected to myself.

The baby was given back shortly for tests. Karen gave in to her lack of energy and just lay back, nearly asleep. She was so tired she gave no fuss to the healers who checked on her ever hour. She fell asleep quickly after that. One healer managed to convince me to take a shower and get something to eat while Karen would receive a sponge bath. I was not too happy to be separated from my apprentice, but the healers were having a field day and would not allow a stubborn Jedi to get in their way.

I was stopped by many others on my way to the room, inquiring about the baby and my apprentice. I glowed in pride as I told them the news and then excused myself. They all knew of Karen's story, how she became pregnant, and she was met with sympathy and respect for keeping the baby. Not all the Jedi stuck with the idea that a woman should keep the baby so as to not to commit murder. This resulted in a rather large and heated debate that caused some tension for a good week. It was only until Karen got annoyed with knights and masters and had them sit down and hear her logic. I almost felt sorry for them, getting the hot end of my apprentice's temper, but afterwards there was peace in the temple again.

I showered, forced some food into my empty, growling stomach, and headed back to Karen, hoping she would be awake. She was not, but the healer who was walking out said she needed to sleep as much as Karen could. Rather than mindlessly sit there, I decided to visit the baby again. The baby woke up, blinking his bright blue eyes at me, unsure of who I was. I asked a nearby healer if I could hold the baby. The healer said yes, and showed me how to hold the baby properly. The baby seemed to like my touch and he was quiet. His little nose and suggestion of darkish hair made me think of Karen. I could only hope someone so innocent looking could turn out so well.

With permission, I carried the baby to Karen's room so I could surprise her when she woke up. The baby went back to sleep once I had sat down and gotten comfortable. I could not help but stare at his tiny features. He looked so frail, but he was also strong. He had made it out of an attack, his father, a sith, had tried to kill him, and yet this little boy survived. It would be my job to make sure he stayed alive.

Master Skywalker came into the room. Everyone but me had been banned from Karen until the baby had been delivered and everyone was stable. Apparently Master Skywalker had been granted the first visiting rights. He came in quietly, noting that Karen was asleep and I had the baby in my arms, wrapped tightly in a traditional blue blanket. I saw him gaze intensely at the baby boy and felt the Force grow and narrow onto the child. The baby responded by opening his wonderful blue eyes and turned his little head to the direction of Luke.

”œHe is strong in the Force.”

Join the Psiworld

FAQ

1. Will there be a sequel to this story?

Yes, this will be a trilogy. I have been sort of planning the third story as I wrote this one.

2. Did you have this all planned out or did you make it up as you went along?

For this story I actually sat down before I wrote a word and thought out most of what was going to happen in the story. A few places I had to make up as I went along, but that turned out fine.

3. Will you publish this?

As said in the last story, no for the same reason. This story is not being written to make money, but to have fun with it and to heal myself of fears and problems of the past. I'm just glad you all enjoyed it too.

4. How long did this story take you to write?

Ten long months. My mother sadly died in the middle of this story and I mostly stopped writing for about four months. I had to mourn for my mother and come back to college before I could make myself finish this story. Believe me, it was hurting me a lot to not be able to write and it was a great joy to finally end it.

5. How much of this story relates to you?

Some of it does, but this was much more of a daydream story than the last one. This story was meant to be a break from the serious thought and healing of the last story. It was a way to let me be creative and have a lot of fun with jokes and minor points about society, relationships, and other things that I can't draw up. But there were a few things in this story that came directly from real life.

6. Why did you have your character raped?

Honestly, there was no really good reason other than it just worked out well in the story. I know it was a cruel thing to do to her and maybe it wasn't very realistic, but do understand Karen was not a fully trained Jedi, mostly a normal young woman with half developed Force skills and very little physical fighting skills. Placed under the circumstances, I think it was believable enough.

7. Is it true that your mother was raped?

I will never really know the true answer to that, but there is some strong proof that she was, and I possibly could have been the result of that rape, but that is not why I put it in. It was strange, but right before I wrote about the rape scene; my sister came out and told me she had been raped six months before. So her story convinced me what I was doing was right and that people need to be aware of how bad it really is and what the mother faces if she is pregnant.

8. What about the astral projection scenes?

All information given in those scenes is true. They were based on my real, personal experiences, though I have not met Luke or actually taught someone like that. If you do more research, you will be able to follow my steps and tips to be able to project.

9. Are you pro choice or life?

I am pro choice. I admit it was hard for me to logically explain in a believable way to my readers the turn in her decision. Had that actually happen to me, I probably would have not kept the kid, but my character is not always me. I feel women should always have the choice to have the kid or not. If they don't want the kid, that kid may live a horrible life if the mother tried to raise it. There is no point in having another miserable person in the world. Yet I do not support the idea of using abortion to fix stupid mistakes and people who are just insensitivity. If you were raped, do not have the means to support the child, or really hate or don't really, really want to raise the kid, then I will agree to an abortion.

10. Was this trip based on any trip you've been on?

Yes, but not directly. I have traveled a lot since I was 9. I have been to a lot of places like all the way from Key West to Maine, The Four Corner states, Mexico, Washington State, and other places in the United States. I have learned a lot about travel and in the first chapter, what I say about travel is true.

11. Any hints on what the next story will be on?

Yes and no. This next story will take the same format as this one, but a different point of view will be used. This will also go back to being a very serious and emotional story now that I have had my fun with writing adventures. This story, I hope, will help me deal with my mom's death, but I will not go further than that in details.

I would also like to personally thank Paul, known as OldSoul, and Christine who both edited this story and the other one. Christine did the first edit and Paul did the fine point, fussy things that polished this story until it shined. (Though depending on what site you read the story, you may have read the unedited version) Both were hard on grammar and spelling, making sure I actually made sense, but both gave me the support that I needed to keep writing. I would also like to thank those who commented me privately or publicly about my story. Those comments let me know that people are reading it and make me want to post more and faster. And I haven't forgotten the nameless readers who have stuck through the end. I realize this was a long, action packed story with a very unhappy twist, but you have to admit it was worth the read. Thank you so much and I hope you look forward to the continuing story of Karen Nightingstar's journey.

please please please comment! PLEASE!

Join the Psiworld