OFFICIAL: "Welcome to JediRP.com" Thread

Well, technically, I was around before. I was 'Syn' but since I haven't been around for several months (more accurately, a really, really long time). So it isn't exactly inaccurate to say that I'm new here, just less-new.

Anyways, thanks for the welcome and I do remember the G's!

Oh and to everyone else who I had commitments too, I will ease my way back into them. I've been gone for a really long time and don't know what is going on around here. So, to Xae, if you see this, when I feel confident enough to resurrect Syn, I will most definitely restart my training.

• 2 weeks later...

Well doesn't this place just look lively? Hello everyone, the name's Artemia, or you can call me Art for short. I see a few familiar screennames . . .

Hope you're happy Aryian . . . I. have. arrived.

Looking forward to getting to know the site. Sooner or later I may hit the roleplay . . . just haven't picked a faction yet. Such a wide spectrum . . . because I can be as calm and collected as the Jedi . . . but I can also be as evil as the Sith. Aryian knows

Random information . . . Stuck in the US, but wish I was in the UK. Crazy when I've had too much coffee, full time honours high school student, love classic literature and long walks on the beach. Kidding of course, on the beach that is. Love literature . . . but too much sand on the beach. Anyways, any other questions, PM or post here!

Toodles!

artemianoborder.jpg

"MEMORYYYYYY! ALLLLLL ALOOONE IN THE MOOOOOONLIIIIIGHT!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello!

That's extremely cool that you were involved with the movies and actually take the time to get online and talk to other people about it.

Welcome to Jedinet.

This is how I met Vader.....

STAR WARS”¦DIRECTOR GEORGE LUCAS”¦

After finishing a couple of Doctor Who's Central Casting sent me to E.M.I.

Studios to work on another space film for seven days.

I did ask them if they had any other work because I was fed up with wearing space outfits and the like”¦ (Little did I know about STAR WARS).

There must have been about fifty Supporting Artists gathered on the first day, some putting on white space type suits, some being fitted out in weird make up and costumes and the rest of us waited around to see what we were going to be.

We had plenty of time to sit around chatting and playing the odd game of cards.

When myself and a chap called Ronnie Conrad got a call to go to the wardrobe dept, They dressed us in black space type suits but without a facemask”¦(Were they telling us we were ugly enough to look like aliens).

When we were dressed we sat at the back of the set and waited to do our bit.

I got talking to a giant of a man (Dave Prowse) from the West Country and he told me he was playing a character called ”˜'Daft Ada''.

I found out later that day he was playing ”˜'DARTH VADER'' (It must have been Dave's strong Bristol accent that made it sound wrong).

Ronnie and I did some odd bits during the week and then the 2nd A.D. called for us to do a bit of business with our old mate ”˜'DARTH''.

We were going to arrest Princess LEIA (Carrie Fisher)”¦

Carrie's parents were Eddie Fisher (singer) and Debbie Reynolds (singer/actress). Debbie starred in the film ”˜'Singing In The Rain'' in 1952 and I, as a twelve year old, was in love with her... (It soon passed).

Anyway lets get back to ”˜'DAFT''.

Darth, Ronnie and I walk along some corridors and then into the cell where The Princess was being held. Darth had all the lines to say while Ronnie and I stood there looking ugly. (Typecast)

In between lighting the set Carrie was very chatty and asked what else we had done in films. (Has she got that much time to spare?)

I also met Harrison Ford and was to work with him again over the next few years.

Star Wars was the highest grossing money film that I ever worked on.

Some say it took a Billion Dollars at the box office and video sales”¦

I earned £11 per day for seven days. Total £77. What's the % ?”¦

Twenty five years later I am held in deep respect for being one of "DAFT ADA'S" men, by my Grandchildren”¦ Thanks Mr Lucas”¦

Aitch,

Hiya guys, I'm still looking round the boards and am going back to Elstree studios where we made Star Wars and back to another reunion of another job I did back in 1971 on the same stage (5).

Nice to meet up with some of the folks again.

Aitch,

Geez, I thought I'd never find this thread.

Anyway... hi! You can call me Kastor, I guess.

I'm 18 and proud to be born on the Universal Day of the Jedi

I come from a really laid-back forum (similarminds.com), so I'll do my best to mind the rules >>

INFP, Gemini

rotj_mq_290-1.jpg

Geez, I thought I'd never find this thread.

Anyway... hi! You can call me Kastor, I guess.

I'm 18 and proud to be born on the Universal Day of the Jedi

I come from a really laid-back forum (similarminds.com), so I'll do my best to mind the rules >>

I lurve your sig art.

My sig and your sig should date. Their babies would be beautiful.

drayyy.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I am Towan Navarr! I decided to join after a friend reffered me and I watched her post a few times in the last month or so! so yeh now I am here!

Gotta Love Star Wars!!!

Hiya all,

I was back to Elstree studios a few weeks back and had a nice pot of tea with my old boss Darth,,,

daveandharry.jpg

Aitch,