This is my first post

I post in haiku format

Thank you for reading

Somehow I think this

Will get old very quickly.

Welcome to the site.

rock on!!! you're totally perfect

Dagon: Keerow is our muse.

Hou-Jo Poleb: I feel super inspired now that she's back. It's true.

Vaderman: I agree. She's my favorite poster on this site now.

This is my first post

I post in haiku format

Thank you for reading

What happens if you have more to say than fits in the proper format for a haiku? I can't remember if that particular type of poem can have stanzas or anything like that.....

xDS3U7I.jpg

Continuing the J.Net Revival in 2017

Pittsburgh Champions

Steelers: 6 Time Super Bowl Champs

Penguins: 5 Time Stanley Cup Champs

Someday the Pirates will REALLY get their act together...

• 3 weeks later...
This is my first post

I post in haiku format

Thank you for reading

What happens if you have more to say than fits in the proper format for a haiku? I can't remember if that particular type of poem can have stanzas or anything like that.....

Actually the haiku emerged from a longer poetic format the tanka a form of waka (broad term for Japanese poem, encompasses the tanka (5-7-5 / 7-7, with the haiku part dropping the last 7-7)and the Chōka (Chōka consists of 5-7 Japanese sound units phrases repeated at least twice, and concludes with a 5-7-7 ending.)

The main use of the haiku originated during the mid-Heian era (10th Century), when aristocrats would play poetry games where they said the first few lines of a poem and the other person had to complete the poem.

So in a way it can have stanzas, but it technically won't be a haiku, just one of the longer versions. Though often poetry was composed following a general theme and you could have a long poem broken up with envoys (shorter poems, that often summarized the longer lines that preceded them) and then more lines (a new poem technically) that flowed along the same theme. You could do that too.[/i]

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...