Star Wars: Where The Eyes Open (WUT)

Tiana Calthye

She does this all the time, Ani. She doesn't post, we beg and beg for months on end, then we get a post, love it, try to offer helpful reviews, then she gets frustrated at herself and doesn't post again for months even though we apologize and tell her how much we all really really really like the story...and she still doesn't believe we really like it, but gives in to peer pressure and then the cycle begins all over again.

*takes a deep breath*

So...now it's the begging time again. TIANA!!!!! I WANT MORE STORY!!!! PLEEEEEEASE!!!! WITH A CHERRY ON TOP???

Besides, it'll NEVER make sense if you don't finish it. How do you know it won't make sense to us later on?

*starts the old chant* MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!

(that is, once you've finished your costume and had a lovely time as Peter, dearie)

MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE! MORE!

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

• 2 weeks later...

Let's just face it. I suck at updating. Anyway, at least I'm LISTENING to your criticism and trying to amend things in later chapters. And I ALWAYS hate my writing.

Half of this chapter was written today, to give you an idea of how little of a buffer I have. However, I also wrote all of chapter 13 today, which is unfortunately one really long scene, so... well... I have a TINY buffer now. But I DID write a chapter and a half today TOO... so be impressed, okay? Just a tiny bit? I'm TRYING. Really.

Have an entire chapter for your typical struggles with my bad updating skills.

Coruscant-cp12.jpg

-Chapter Twelve-

”œAnd over here we have a replica of the old Palace, before it was destroyed in the Lightspace War...”

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

YES. Someone thinks it's starting to make some SENSE. (dies)

Seriously, I told you, it'll eventually make sense... sure, I do some crap and it's still baffling and you have to be able to... okay, okay, if I say that, it's a spoiler, but still... I am aiming towards something, and it is going somewhere... kinda...

I'm kinda happy I produced another chapter, actually. It moved it past my 'stuck' point and hopefully that'll be enough to keep me moving in that direction.

The next chapter will either make things start making a lot more sense, or they'll start making no sense. (shrugs) I'm really hoping that in this mindset, I'll be able to produce a couple more chapters and update a bit more frequently.

I promised I'd finish. I promise I will. It just might not be soon. XP

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

I echo: It's beginning to make some sense! Yays!

Nice update. Vague with a CLIFFIE ( ) yet good explanations, etc. I love the entrance of the title phrase, and can't wait to find out what it means!

Nice work Tiana! I'm so proud of you that you're writing more!

amipaint2.jpg

• 1 month later...

Yeah, it's been pretty dead. Funny. I was just going to update today. It was on my miiind. Unfortunately the burst in June didn't keep me going, but... guh... so... dizzy... alla time...

Between Places is taking up all my time.

No, not really. More like 5 hours or so every couple days. But still.

I'm posting not the entire chapter so I have one tiny update left.

cp13.jpg

-Chapter Thirteen-

”œBut what does it mean to be a Jedi? We claim to follow this code, yet now we murder and kill to gain our way! Whatever happened to peace? Whatever happened to harmony?! You claim it was destroyed when the New Sith Empire took command, but I say nay! We are chaos, and I refuse to call myself Jedi any longer!”

Edited by Guest

spsig.jpg

Is this what I think it is?

An update! Yay! We must have a party! For the long-lost author has returned from the dead! Let us kill the fatted calf...

Okay, enough nonsense.

Awesome chapter! It seems that whole decoy thing works after all!

One little thing I didn't like:

And if the best could not make it into the Empress' private chambers before her little speech””when surely, all the security would be focused on the outside.

It's a fragment. And I kow that's part of your style. But this particular one, I would have liked better if it ended in an ellipsis instead of a period, to sort of lead the reader to the completion of the thought.

anit.jpg

Thanks, Tiana!

That wasn't stylistic, that was a valid mistake on my part. o_O I think it was supposed to end with "who could" but I used the ellipsis anyway because I was too lazy to rework.

Mm, cow.

spsig.jpg

WOW....an update???

Back to being vague again, though I know that's deliberate. I have no idea what you were saying when you were talking about the conditioning of that brother and sister.

But a very interesting development. I'm glad I went back and re-skimmed the last section before reading this one. Got me back in the flow.

Good...more?

Oh, and give me a cheeseburger.

amipaint2.jpg

You're not supposed to care. He's dead. This is required buildup to carry on with Obi-Wan.

Back to being vague again, though I know that's deliberate. I have no idea what you were saying when you were talking about the conditioning of that brother and sister.

Okay, that's not deliberate, conditioning is... uh... how do I describe it more fluently than that...

Definitions of conditioning:

noun: a learning process in which an organism's behavior becomes dependent on the occurrence of a stimulus in its environment

Trained to respond to certain things automatically. Except, by Jedi. These two are Jedi killing machines. Or they could be. Cheeseburgers for all! (throws cheese around)

spsig.jpg

Actually, I'm stupid, uneducated and will probably have everyone going HUH if I make it to the end before I explode in a giant fireball. Don't trust me. I have no idea what I'm doing.

spsig.jpg

Actually, I'm stupid, uneducated and will probably have everyone going HUH if I make it to the end before I explode in a giant fireball. Don't trust me. I have no idea what I'm doing.

"Why give up? Why give in? It's not enough; it never is, but I will go on until the end."

[/slightlyapplicableawesomesong]

Anyway, I like this chapter's new twist on the Jedi. Like Liam Neeson's character in Batman Begins: "You must do all that is necessary to fight evil."

That's something the Jedi have needed for a long time.Mace Windu had it right. Some people are just too dangerous to be kept alive.

ttfsig14zh2.jpg

"According to this website, you should never trust the source of an online quote." --Abraham Lincoln

• 4 weeks later...