---The Official Fanfic Challenges Thread---

Tiana Calthye

I refuse to use Firefox and my spelling isn't perfect. I acknowledge that. The funny thing is, generally the only thing people can find to crit on me is my spelling.

The sad thing is, I know I can't spell 'Febuary' right and I know I can't spell 'purfume' right and I know I can't spell 'criticism' right without thinking about it. I'm not going to get it right immediately. I have to think to not mix up collage/college. I'm working on it. But I'm not going to spell check my posts. IRL, I'm slightly dyslexic. It's not my fault. Go write the challenges already!

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah yeah, I know... what can I say... Life got real crazy busy. I didn't get far so I'm going to just post what I've got. It's only short but it's better than nothing.

Short's always better than nothing! Edited in. In all THREE PLACES. Impressive. MOST impressive.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

• 4 weeks later...

O_o I swear I already posted something here. I dreamed it, I guess. LOL.

1) Write a challenge response taking more than one challenge. Take as many challenges as you want. Skye did three last month. Can you top that?

The Pincer of Fate, by Darsha Assant (6 responses)

The Stella Pascel Incident by ForceFusion (4 responses)

Break of Dawn by DarthBrendo (4 responses, plus this one.)

Hibernation Sickness by Amidala Skywalker (seven challenges met, plus this one!)

2) Pick a character. Decide what their favorite food is. WRITE A STORY ABOUT THAT CHARACTER AND THEIR FAVORITE FOOD. Yay!

The Pincer of Fate, by Darsha Assant

A and K's Marvellous Adventure by Amidala Skywalker

3) Black, menthol, high, stone, front. (Contain in story)

Forgetting Something? by Anakin T. Skywalker

4) AUs are still fun. But don't just change the outcome of something. Take Star Wars, and start obsessively changing things. But with motives. Motive is the point of this challenge: motive, cause, and response. A battle one thousand years ago wipes out the Jedi Order. (Yeah, we know where that one came from) How does this effect the current time? What if Yoda was killed 500 years ago? What if Padme didn't die? Take a what if, and then rather than writing the immediate effects, write the effects later on in canon. Figure out what would have had to happen to make that AU happen. And then write that AU, a hundred years later, see how things have changed.

5) Write a short story about two enemies forced to work together.

6) "He'd never saw the ocean that way before..." Finish the sentence/thought, carry on.

7) Write from the perspective of an onlooker, someone who can't be seen but still observes the story.

The Stella Pascel Incident by ForceFusion

>.>

8 ) HOLIDAY CHALLENGE TIME! Take any of the below.

-Saint Patrick's Day in the Jedi Temple.

-Easter Egg Hunt in the Jedi Temple.

-A poem about Easter.

-Lots of green.

-A story about someone Irish.

-A story about gold at the end of the rainbow.

-A story about leprechauns.

Edited by Guest

spsig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
mm can i use "He'd never seen the ocean that way before?"

Why ask? Go do it! Have fun... post it... lol.

I need to update this. Oops. (goes to turn on computer) XD

spsig.jpg

Incidentially, old challenges are still there for you guys to do. The 'as many challenges as possible' challenge still holds, and for ALL posted challenges, posted and to come. If you do an old challenge let me know and I'll still add it. =D

And here, a month after my last challenges, but still late. XP I've added a couple new challenges to make up for that.

I'm working on a couple. Maybe.

April Challenges!

1) ScriptFrenzy this month. In honor of that, challenge one is WRITE A SCRIPT.

2) What would your favorite character do on the internet? WRITE UP!

3) Covered, pale, port, remorse, ghost. (Contain within a story/chapter/update)

Wounded: Redux, by Tiana Calthye

4) AUs are REALLY fun. But this time, instead of changing an outcome or examining history to alter a chain of events excessively, I challenge you to forget about the movies and pretend that you've only ever saw either the prequel trilogy, or the old trilogy. If you've only seen the prequel trilogy, what happens next if you didn't really know? If you've only seen the old trilogy, what happens in the past? I remember when AotC came out, there were a lot of 'the missing link' fics. Write a missing link fic. Write what you think should have happened in The Phantom Menace. Write what you think should have happened after RotS if A New Hope never existed. Write what you think would have happened if the Prequels were made first.

5) Write a story about a traitor.

Wounded: Redux, by Tiana Calthye

6) "The door flew open." Story start.

Forgetting Something? by Anakin T. Skywalker

7) Someone dies instead of or in the place of another person. Whether a canonical death, or an original fiction...

8 ) A story from the point of view of someone in hibernation or in carbonite.

9) A story about a soldier who dies.

10) One more for luck. I've been obsessing over setting once more. And Star Wars is a great place for setting. So. Have some setting challenges.

-A story in a desert when it's raining.

-A story in a swamp drying up.

-A story in a space station stranded in outer space.

-A story set in a ship from another galaxy.

-A story in the sewers of a large city.

-A story in a crystal palace.

-A story in a jungle on fire.

-A story in a cyberplace hell.

-A story in a school for geniuses.

Edited by Guest

spsig.jpg

• 1 month later...

I admit it. I have no idea what to post this time. NO RESPONSES AT ALL?!?! Alas, I'll keep going.

1) Hmmm. Songfic time! I have no idea what a songfic is, I guess... pick a song... and write a story inspired or based on it? Sounds fun! Do it!

2) TIS THE SEASON FOR... well... um... bad poetry? Sure. Challenge two is WRITE A BAD POEM.

A Psychoanalysis of a National Symbol by Amidala Skywalker.

Various Poetry by Confusticated (Tiana and Jandalf) by Tiana and Jandalf, obviously.

Ode To Yoda by Skywalker Heir

You Asked for Bad Poems by Anakin T. Skywalker

Emo Tree (bad poem) by Darsha Assent

Responses by Amidala Skywalker

Padme Amidala Fett by Skywalker Heir

Tiana Asked For It by Lhinniell

3) Button, lion, angel, hero, touch

4) I guess it's memorial day in the States in May, sooo... write a story about a patriot in Star Wars or a memorial about the Clone Wars/whatever war you feel like.

5) I still like settings. Write a story in a strange setting, like a very, very small place, or in a house in a tree, or underground or on the rings of a planet. Make this setting crutual to your story.

6) "I saw a figure highlighted by the sun."

Just a Farmboy by Lhinnell

7) Rubber ducks.

A Psychoanalysis of a National Symbol by Amidala Skywalker.

Poetry by Confusticated (Tiana and Jandalf) (see the last poem on the first post””RUBBERDUCKIFICATIONFULNESS) by Tiana and Jandalf, obviously.

What, that's a challenge, isn't it?

Edited by Guest

spsig.jpg

I've been working on April's 9th challenge since... well, since you before you posted the challenge! I suppose I could write a bad poem, but what do you mean by 'bad'? Poorly written or what?

Whatever you think constitutes bad poetry.

And no, Ani, it's not a hint. Considering our eversations, I should be writing a Mary-Sue story right about now...

spsig.jpg

Oh, you asked for it.

BTW--I did some of the challenges for March in A & K's Marvelous Adventure. I did the one about favorite food and the one about lots of green...and maybe another one? I can't remember what they all were ATM.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

And here I am still working on other challenges. by working on I mean started with little or no intention to finish but, hey what can I say.

I'll maybe add a challenge from this time around as well, if only to keep things current.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

I'm still patiently working on a challenge containing every single word I've ever set out for a word challenge. Every month I delay is another set of words... XP... XD

Hey, I like the idea of people doing old challenges. Keep it up! They're all there and most of them unresponded to!

spsig.jpg

7) Write a story, short or not, fanfic or not, with the most horrible, most cliche, most rehashed plot and/or characters you can think of. Write it as a parody, write it serious. Write it well, write it horribly. Most of all--have fun making fun of the writers who do it and mean it.

Ooooh. Me like that one. I'll see if I can come up with something.

I like this idea of going back and writing the old ones too. Somehow it feels like there's not so much pressure.

I wanted so bad to do that challenge, Lhinn. But I didn't think I'd do it bad enough. And I only wanted to try if I could be satisfied with my own horribleness.

So I'll look forward to it if you do it!

amipaint2.jpg

These challenges are up for all eternity, or until Jedi.net crashes forever. Either way. (shrugs) Close enough.

So if it's on here as a challenge, you can respond to it at any time in the future.

Ami... DO IT ANYWAY...

I wanted so badly to do that challenge. I'm just... I don't really want to start another long fic with WTEO still sitting there... see, I'm being relatively good... no long fics til it's done... PROBABLY.

spsig.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I'm pretty tired right now.

1) Remember old noir cliches? The detective, narrating as he sat late at night in his room--and then SHE walked in. Write something like that, based on a cliche or a typical beginning and then throw your own twist onto it.

2) It's summer! Write a summer stories! Beaches, oceans, sun and rain, sand and umbrellas, volleyball...

3) Eternity, mountains, story, creeping, rain

4) Write about another realm, something on the other side, a place beyond...

5) "I see dead people in boats."

6) Take the Star Wars characters... and put them in another story. o_o

7) Head to http://phrontistery.info/ , find an obscure word, make it the title of your story and write the story.

Malism by Amidala Skywalker

Edited by Guest

spsig.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Considering July is almost over and we don't have any challenges, I'm going to post a few that I thought of the other day and hope Tiana doesn't kill me for hijacking her thread.

1) End a story with the line "In his/her heart, he/she began to understand."

2) Begin (or end, I suppose) a story with the line "When time stands still, it's never a good thing."

Hibernation Sickness by Amidala Skywalker

3) Write a songfic using a very popular song.

4) To bring back an oldie but goodie, write a fic in which a main SW character sings.

5) Write a fic entirely in the future tense.

6) Adjectives are our friends! Write a fic using at least 25 different adjectives.

Break of Dawn by DarthBrendo

7) Go look in a dictionary for a new word that you've never heard before. Learn it's meaning, then use it in a fic. http://www.m-w.comis a good site if you want to do it online. A good word to start you off:

anathema: one that is cursed by ecclesiastical authority b: someone or something intensely disliked or loathed —usually used as a predicate nominative

Now, get writing!

amipaint2.jpg

And

8) In honor of the month that was July, write about stars and stripes. It doesn't matter what kind of stars or stripes. If you want to write about a popstar being whipped, be my guest. If you want to write about something in outer space, be my guest... but there you have it.

No worries, Ami. Tiana's been sick in bed and was going to actually update the challenges right now. You just read her mind and beat her to it.

Tiana'll do her best to get something up on August first.

:) Besides, it seems that no one ever does the challenges lately anyway...

spsig.jpg

Whargaburbleburp.

What does number 4 mean? An old fic or an old song?

I find the challenges useful in stimulating brain cells! Though the response may not be as much as for the bad poem one, (:lol:) I look forward to them, actually. I think I might do a songfic soon! As soon as more of Kung Fu Panda is up and I settle my Sithhunter plot.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.