The Road Less Traveled - a Kotor Vignette (Fin)

Obi-here

Hey guys...I put this together, basing the philosophy off of Robert Frost's famous poem. Enjoy it.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I ”“

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference

From The Road Not Taken ”“ by Robert Frost

The Ebon Hawk was a fairly spacious ship, equipped with enough room to easily house ten or more people. Kyle Sezor couldn't help but wonder, then, why he had been the one given the bunk below one of the loudest snorers in the galaxy. He had managed to ignore the sound for the first few nights, but this was, without doubt, the nosiest that it had ever been. Sleep, Kyle knew, was an impossibility.

He thought for a moment about kicking the bed above his own roughly, or to grab his pillow and smack Carth repeatedly across the head with it in order to cease the snores, or, if he had enough control over the Force, to clear the Republic soldier's nasal passages just enough to make the room quiet. But he had only been a Jedi for a number of weeks, and his abilities weren't exactly as impressive as the Council made him out to be.

In a brief moment of dark humor, Kyle considered choking Carth with the Force to permanently end the problem, but already he could hear Master Vandar's voice in his head reprimanding of such thoughts. But Master Vandar wasn't an immediate threat. The true issue was his fellow padawan, Bastila (though she acted more like his mentor). Killing Carth would mean another long lecture, which was even worse than being forced to sit below a snoring soldier.

Not able to take it anymore, Kyle finally climbed out of the lower bunk. There was no need to put something on, as this was the third night in a row that he had slept in his day clothes. He had always been either too lazy or simply too tired to put on night clothes, and tonight had been no exception to the rule. Yawning, he grabbed his pillow and blanket and tip-toed carefully out of the room so as not to wake the rest of the sleepers.

His exit, however, had not been as stealthy as he had thought. As he walked slowly out into the lounge area of the ship, he could hear a soft humming noise coming from behind him, like that of an astromach droid trying its best not to be noticed. Rolling his eyes, Kyle turned around to see his pursuer.

”œAren't you supposed to be powered down, T3?”

Obi-Gones-Award.gif

"The circle is complete! Now I [Obi-here] am the angst Master!"

I haven't played through the game as a guy (or as a girl, for that matter) so I don't know if this is dialogue straight from there or not. If it's not, you captured the feel quite well. I like the 'we know when to kill him' line... yeah. Welcome back, even if you're not back.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Hey, thanks for the warm welcome, guys.

And I'm happy to announce that I entered this story in the county fair for 4H, and I got a blue ribbon and it's being considered for a merit award. I'm pleased.

Obi-Gones-Award.gif

"The circle is complete! Now I [Obi-here] am the angst Master!"

Nice viggie, Obi-Here! Well written. I hate Bastila, but you showed a nice side of her. I like how much character you gave Kyle, too.

Nicely done. I take it you don't care much for Carth?

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

• 9 months later...
Nice viggie, Obi-Here! Well written. I hate Bastila, but you showed a nice side of her. I like how much character you gave Kyle, too.

Nicely done. I take it you don't care much for Carth?

I hate Bastila too... lol.

Nice to see this bumped... I liked the story.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.