Hax (challenge 5, short SW NR fic) (Complete)

Hax

A Star Wars short/challenge response. Luke POV.

Genre: Drama/parody. ^.^

Rating: PG for violence

Trust me, it was VERY difficult figuring out how to work in the words "purple, tapes, wonders, pump, and leaf" in there, but they all are... I had the idea ahead of time and wanted to use it for this... and, man, please don't flame me for this one. x_o

<><><>

I run desperately through the woods, lightsaber clutched in my sweaty palms. The Yavin IV Temple cannot be so far away, can it? But yet it seems that every pounding step I take doesn't draw me near enough, my pursuers gaining monumentum every moment. I cannot spare the time to respect the wonders of the jungle. I've destroyed branches and overhanging vines where I would never have before. I've lept over swamps and ignored the bleating cry of my companions as they are cut down mercilessly by the Sith that pursues us.

A blast of Force Lightning announces the arrival of the Sith, her purple blade ignited and held on guard in one hand. The other she uses to unleash her deadly assault. A few bandages and tapes wrapped around her right arm prove she's not completely immortal, the stains of dried blood seeping through--but here, she certainly acts close enough. I activate my emerald blade and prepare for the worst.

Our blades are about to clash in midair when suddenly a boon from the Force occurs; Kyle appearing behind the Sith from what appears thin air. She whirls, sensing his presence, and extends one hand, hurling him back into the trees. I would stay and fight, but he can defend himself. I must make it back to the Temple and warn the other Jedi!

I hear the beginnings of a duel raging behind me as I leap through the branches and focus on the Force, drawing the energy to run. I cannot permit this Sith to harm the Temple, and she may already have other servants there, destroying the legacy I have built.

My path is intercepted by Fett, floating down from the sky in a jet pack. Cursing to myself, I wing out my lightsaber and stab him in the chest.

He doesn't die.

I stare in horror as he stumbles back a bit, and fires off a few rounds of brilliant red blaster fire at me. My lightsaber snaps back and I deflect, dancing into the inpenetrable defence of a Jedi Master. Finally, I manage to make a few more hits, and he collapsed. A burnt leaf flutters from one of the trees where his dark assault wounded the landscape. I hope none of the jungle has been too wounded. I brush it away from my cheek. I feel weakened, but the places where the blaster darts scarred me leave little more than scars that quickly fade away.

Curious, but I cannot waste time. I deactivate my lightsaber and dash towards the temple, now visible through a wall of foliage. I reach out and clear my path, dashing into the clearing. The sight that awaits me is the most horrific thing that has ever crossed my sight. Battles rage on the grounds of the Temple, Jedi against Sith, stormtroopers and bounty hunters shooting down my apprentices! A tear of grief forms in my eyes at the carnage, but I cannot waste time. Perhaps the Republic can get aid here in time. I speed towards my X-wing where it is still parked in the hanger, leaping over the pump lying on the floor that connects it to the fuel line. If I can just send out a distress signal...

I don't make it in time. My body is hurled across the durecrete by a sudden blast of the Force--the Force turned against me--and I'm barely able to prevent myself from being pinned to the wall. My lightsaber leaps up to my hands and I ignite it, falling into an offensive pattern and leaping out at this new Dark Jedi appearance. This one is male--I recognize the face as Jaden.

Curious, the female Sith back in the forest also reminded me of Jaden.

Our blades meet overhead. His attacks are random, as if not even thought out. It is no great difficulty for me to make successful parries and delve my green blade past his drunken display of movements. If this is a trained Dark Jedi, they've become so lax in their discipline. At his foolish style, a small glimmer of hope rises in my heart, spurring me forward. Yet, it seems as idiotic as his every movement is, none of my attacks--not one of my successful strikes--do a thing to cripple him.

The ray of hope vanishes as I'm forced backwards by his volatile, random attacks. I know my Jedi are being slaughtered on this battleground, soon to be a graveyard.

His blade impales me through the heart, and silently, I fall, my green lightsaber falling from my hands as I crumple to my knees, my head inclined and darkness grasping as my very soul. I try to reach out and find the strength in the Force to carry on, to at least defeat this dark champion, but his red blade slices through me one last time.

The dark folds in.

The last thing I see, before my eyes close for the last time, is alien blue letters, hovering in strange space. I do not know what they mean, and do not have the effort to try decypher them with the Force.

"u godmodder!!!!!!"

And then I fade away.

[fin]

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Lol! Very amusing work, T. Nice job with the "two" Jadens, Luke's feelings on the attack of the Temple, and, of course, the last line. Even though Luke died, I didn't really mind it. The whole thing had the feeling of a dream or training hologram. I don't know if that was deliberate, or if it just turned out that way, but it made me care less about Luke's fate.

One thing--I noticed you fell prey to switching tenses once or twice. Going back, I can't find it to point it out to you, but I noticed it when I was reading. Meh...it wasn't a big deal, it just struck me as odd.

Anyway, not your best work, but definately well-written and amusing.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Oh yeah... I wrote it to be a bit dream-like (and also in about 20 minutes without looking back once) just because of what it was. If you didn't get it, it was from Luke's POV inside of a Jedi Academy multiplayer online game. XD He'll respawn in about five... four... three...

Anyway, I honestly don't care if it's not my best work. Waking Dream was, and I'm not going to be surpassing the incredibleness that was that fic for a long time. If I always had to write better than my last best, I'd never post anything, see? Tense issues... yeah, I looked back and found one. Sorry about that. As I said, I wrote spur of the moment, and posted it like that too. Glad it was amusing. That was the goal.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

• 8 months later...