The One-Sentence Story Thread!

"A world filled with forgotten hopes and hidden perils, a place where nothing is as it seems, and the "good guys" don't always win."

GaladrielKenobi3.jpg

"Freedom is not the right to do what we want, but what we ought." --- Abraham Lincoln

"We must all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang seperately." --- Benjamin Franklin in the movie, 1776

As a suggestion, I've seen some people that copy and paste the story to each post, so if someone wants to read up on it they can just read the latest post instead of the entire thread. I really like that idea, think we could do it here?

It'd look like...'

In dreams we enter a strange world. A world filled with forgotten hopes and hidden perils, a place where nothing is as it seems, and the "good guys" don't always win. It is a place where our darker nature is revealed to us, a nature we aren't always ready to accept.

Carnage.jpg

I agree with that. Also, I like the surreal tone we've set. >.> I've only ever played this game with randomness.

--

In dreams we enter a strange world. A world filled with forgotten hopes and hidden perils, a place where nothing is as it seems, and the "good guys" don't always win. It is a place where our darker nature is revealed to us, a nature we aren't always ready to accept.

This place is the forgotten world.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

This place is the forgotten world. Forsaken by the gods we have lost many of our morals in order to survive.

This place is the forgotten world. Forsaken by the gods we have lost many of our morals in order to survive. And now, in order to survive, we must forsake more.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

This place is the forgotten world. Forsaken by the gods we have lost many of our morals in order to survive. And now, in order to survive, we must forsake more.

We must forsake that which we hold most dear in order to wake from our dreams.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

What we forsake will never return, we must choose carefully.

In like seven posts, this has become Jnet's most depressing thread, lol

---

What we forsake will never return, we must choose carefully. To live in sin or to die in hope, what a terrible place waits for us when the fantasy ceases to be; what horrible things we do when dreams can only breath in slumber.

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

What we forsake will never return, we must choose carefully. To live in sin or to die in hope, what a terrible place waits for us when the fantasy ceases to be; what horrible things we do when dreams can only breath in slumber. There are only seven of us left now and our sole objective is to survive the winter.

What we forsake will never return, we must choose carefully. To live in sin or to die in hope, what a terrible place waits for us when the fantasy ceases to be; what horrible things we do when dreams can only breath in slumber. There are only seven of us left now and our sole objective is to survive the winter.

"Which did you like better, Empire or Return of the Jedi?"

Once I recoiled from the sheer stupidity of the question, I gathered myself and replied, "Empire, I'd rather have a dysentaric yak crap in my eye sockets than believe that a universal super power could be taken down by muppets."

Once I recoiled from the sheer stupidity of the question, I gathered myself and replied, "Empire, I'd rather have a dysentaric yak crap in my eye sockets than believe that a universal super power could be taken down by muppets." Said Ezekiel, while he huddled for warmth, waiting for my inevitable defense of Return.

Once I recoiled from the sheer stupidity of the question, I gathered myself and replied, "Empire, I'd rather have a dysentaric yak crap in my eye sockets than believe that a universal super power could be taken down by muppets." Said Ezekiel, while he huddled for warmth, waiting for my inevitable defense of Return.

"But Return is the ultimate conclusion of the series and reunion of the characters; surely for the sheer value of its happy ending, it must be the better movie," comes the anticipated parry.

spsig.jpg

"But Return is the ultimate conclusion of the series and reunion of the characters; surely for the sheer value of its happy ending, it must be the better movie," comes the anticipated parry.

"Yes, but what of the sheer idiocy of the 'Yub-Yub' song?" chimed a third party.

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

"Yes, but what of the sheer idiocy of the 'Yub-Yub' song?" chimed a third party.

It took me a moment to take in the other's responses before I quickly added, "It may be the summation of the series, but when that summation includes the death star being blown up not by the main character but instead by a space pimp and a chemically altered monkey, it still makes for a totally crap movie."

It took me a moment to take in the other's responses before I quickly added, "It may be the summation of the series, but when that summation includes the death star being blown up not by the main character but instead by a space pimp and a chemically altered monkey, it still makes for a totally crap movie."

"Leia has a bikini, that obviously fixes it all, now go start the damn fire!"

spsig.jpg

((Tiana likes the bikini!))

Ezekiel sighed, as it was his turn to tend the fire, he put another log into the 'furnace' and suggested "Where does a New Hope come in then?"

Ezekiel sighed, as it was his turn to tend the fire, he put another log into the 'furnace' and suggested "Where does a New Hope come in then?"

Willam stood up to state his opinion, with a sly smark, "I'll tell you where A New Hope comes in at: it comes in at IT'S BLOODY COLD!"

Willam stood up to state his opinion, with a sly smark, "I'll tell you where A New Hope comes in at: it comes in at IT'S BLOODY COLD!"

Everyone mumbled an agreement at the last statement, and Ezekiel quickly stoked the fire while everyone gathered around.

((P.S. If you post a run-on sentence that should be two, it should count as one... *cough* DeltaSnake *cough* ))

amipaint2.jpg

Everyone mumbled an agreement at the last statement, and Ezekiel quickly stoked the fire while everyone gathered around. But as everyone gathered close to the warmth, no one noticed in the swirling snow beyond them: a pair of glowing red eyes.

spsig.jpg

Everyone mumbled an agreement at the last statement, and Ezekiel quickly stoked the fire while everyone gathered around. But as everyone gathered close to the warmth, no one noticed in the swirling snow beyond them: a pair of glowing red eyes. Suddenly the swirling snow began to take shape, rising up to form a snowman with glowing red eyes and a charcoal frown.

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

Everyone mumbled an agreement at the last statement, and Ezekiel quickly stoked the fire while everyone gathered around. But as everyone gathered close to the warmth, no one noticed in the swirling snow beyond them: a pair of glowing red eyes. Suddenly the swirling snow began to take shape, rising up to form a snowman with glowing red eyes and a charcoal frown.

The banter continued, obvlious to the present danger lurking just beyond the group.

... Against All Odds ... Against All Instincts ... We Evolve ...

The banter continued, obvlious to the present danger lurking just beyond the group. After Ezekiel tended to the fire and responded, "Doesn't being in the cold remind you of the Hoth Scene with that scary Yeti thing?"

The banter continued, obvlious to the present danger lurking just beyond the group. After Ezekiel tended to the fire and responded, "Doesn't being in the cold remind you of the Hoth Scene with that scary Yeti thing?"

"It's a wampa...get it right," Phillip sighed.

amipaint2.jpg

"Wampa, scary yeti thing... what's the difference? They both eat meat..." Edward retorted.

... Against All Odds ... Against All Instincts ... We Evolve ...

"Wampa, scary yeti thing... what's the difference? They both eat meat..." Edward retorted.

Then, when no one expected, the snow man attacked.

One of the fire-mongers, thinking fast, pulled a piece of wood out of the fire, and said, "If you want to kill us, you'll have to get past this fire!"

V4yWwXl.png

Generally, hitting someone in the head with your weapon kills them regardless of whether they're wearing a life-sustaining mask. I'm pretty sure this is general combat strategy whether your target is Darth Vader or some thug on the street.

One of the fire-mongers, thinking fast, pulled a piece of wood out of the fire, and said, "If you want to kill us, you'll have to get past this fire!" He swung around the flaming stick with a furious, deadly expression leaping onto his face.

spsig.jpg

One of the fire-mongers, thinking fast, pulled a piece of wood out of the fire, and said, "If you want to kill us, you'll have to get past this fire!" He swung around the flaming stick with a furious, deadly expression leaping onto his face.

The snow man paused, as this obviously presented a melting dilemna.

amipaint2.jpg