Umbara

• Clockwork ”“

The chambers unfolded into full panorama; incenses burned black smoke and consumed the room whole which made it hard to make out the diverse intricacies of silver antique text that lined the smooth obsidian surfaces of the walls. In the far back of the wide room, Exodus could be seen with his arms and legs intertwined. Harder inquisition showed that Exodus was in fact unanchored and unaffected from the laws of gravity as he mysteriously hovered a two feet from the floor. He was, at last, dressed in his studious wardrobe””an exquisite white robe trimmed with emerald moss. As Julio entered soon after, Exodus widened his vision in order to pierce the darkness and welcome his apprentice to his most favored place in the universe.

”œ”¦Furion. This is the place that will make or break your spirit. Step inside.”

P3UXctm.gif

Julio walked softly upon the hallow surface of the meditation chamber. His head held low, he offered up every ounce of formality he could to such a room. He took special note of the silver runes covering the wall, the strong presence of the dark side twisting the silver color to an array of different hues, all darker and unforgiving than the last. Ignoring his childish urge to further inspect the runes for their meaning and what power laid behind them, Julio took a seat opposed to his master. He felt somewhat lacking as his robes where old and scarred from battle, while his master wore rather ornate robes, an odd contrast to his form but suiting to the situation none the less. The dark side was strong in this room. The energies in the room flowed about unrestrained and for the first time since his awakening, he didn't have to listen for them, rather they were easy to hear. Even a novice like him could feel the power this room held.

• ”œSit, focus, and reflect. It is this that power will be drawn from; to shut your physical eyes from reality and open your mind to the world around you. You will be blind at first, but like a newborn you will evolve and your mind will fight these limitations in order to transcend the darkness. Sit down and suffer a world anew.”

The chords of dark euphoria immersed themselves around the two and drowned out the scope of the real world. Their minds flooded with past, present and even dared to trespass into the future. It was before and would remain for all times, a marvelous spectacle. Inside of this abstraction, the two would view voices, people, and even death in immeasurable echoes that bounced from the walls of their mind. At first, it could drive one insane and there was no experience in the control one could hear or even understand. Even for Exodus, this practice remained strenuous as he filtered out the chaos of emotions that continued to make an effort on the incursion of his adamant persona. It would be unquestionably harder for the apprentice who had been overrun by the aura that smothered these chambers, but with time he could learn to control this power as his Master.

• ”œDo not be fooled, the emotions that run rampant in your head are sheer allusions to upset focus. Contest them, conquer them, and try to feel the atmosphere around you with your mind alone. Unfasten your raw senses to the scent of the darkness, the elements of this fortress; through your mind, there is no boundary.”

P3UXctm.gif

Echoes, in all their boundless obscurity, ran rampant through the clarity he worked so hard to maintain. History unfolded itself before him, begging to retell its lessons. The concept of now, or what currently is, took off its cowl to express the full extent of its intricacy, and what would be showed itself to be an endless pattern of what ifs and maybes that could never truly be answered. All these and more unfolded themselves at once inside the quickly overheated cranium of the untried, as he was called. He grabbed at particular things as an infant at a mobile, his mind grabbing nothingness with its stubby little fingers. When he finally grasped the ability to focus on particular thing, it was as if he were trying to hold onto sand.

• ”œDo not be fooled, the emotions that run rampant in your head are sheer allusions to upset focus. Contest them, conquer them, and try to feel the atmosphere around you with your mind alone. Unfasten your raw senses to the scent of the darkness, the elements of this fortress; through your mind, there is no boundary.”

Powerful boots pushed themselves into the chambers one at a time; Exodus didn't have to look to know this, he could hear and feel their movements march in ruthlessly and the hum of their brute weapons filled the blank air with racket. He kept his mind focused on the ethereal world and didn't dare peak for this was his practice as well. He stood up, lids still peeled over his irises and with a hand outstretched to summon forth his euphonized companion; Transcendence.

”œDo not dare look upon them, or blood will skin itself from those sockets of yours.”

P3UXctm.gif

The room continued to bear itself to him as the pair entered. Their presence added to the complexity of the chamber, changing the tides of the dark current flowing throughout. Julio felt his heart skip a beat as they entered, but stayed still upon noticing his master hadn't moved. If he remained still, then there was either nothing to fear, or death would be his to deal or meet soon enough. As the pair began to divide between master and apprentice, their auras betrayed them; they're murderous intent worn like banners around their necks. He waited until the man was standing behind him to act. He called Rose to his right hand as he sat in silence, his frame hiding the lightsaber from his would be killer. As he strained his ears to pull out the hum specific to his assailant, he continued to feel the room and everything in it.

As the vibrating blade came crashing down, Julio called the dark currents of the room to his aid. The flow of the room shifted at his command, pushing the descending blade hard to the left. The tight grip didn't break as the dark source persuaded it to the left, twisting his torso with it. The unexpected twist would surely put the man off balance to some degree, so Julio seized the opportunity. He lit his lightsaber, swinging it in a wide backward arc as he rolled back and to the left, closer to his opponent, the blade aiming for the commonly ill armored portion of the left knee.

The creature shuddered as its own enthusiasm bested it, the soulless noticed its weapon shift but with what it learned to be the Force. The scatterbrained instinct that the creature wielded was not to be held in low esteem and mister Furion would soon discover what it meant to fail once more. Nevertheless, the counterattack wasn't utterly predictable and was even reasonable but even so, the act was premature. The colossal assailant fiddled with the impervious current that pushed his blade hard to the left and instead turned it into momentum for his next order of steps. The beast of a brute noticed at once that his target no sooner put a match to his own blade and even had the nerve to roll around as if he could in fact see.

A swift movement unseen to the one who had offered up concentration and opted for a counter offensive was blind to the reason that the wind around him thrashed like mad. It didn't matter; a heavy hand clasped the throat of the man who valiantly assumed his attack was met and squeezed with the fierceness of a snug cobra. Another hand jutted through the air and pinched the loose arm that flailed with effort, Julio was forced to release his weapon whether his willpower commanded against it or not. The creature lifted the helpless apprentice high into the air and stared into his closed sockets, hoping he'd reveal those colorful irises.

”œYour eyes”¦ Treasures you are unworthy of”¦ Give me them.”

P3UXctm.gif

Events continued onwards from this point out and moved with haste no less. The Chameleon that had been docked was now activated and lifted from its disclosed position. In a matter of moments, a lone pilot and an unconcious body loaded onto the craft burst from the terrains and cleared the skies, headed for one specific destination.

P3UXctm.gif

• 1 month later...
  • What is greatness really? Is it the masses raising your name to the heavens, proclaiming your wisdom and superiority for all to hear? Is it fear and obedience from the very same mass, bending to your will for the shear sake of their own survival? Could it even be an idea housed solely within the mind of one's self, your own will and egotistical selfishness imposing your importance upon the world? No. It can not be any of these. If it were so, the kings would outnumber the pawns in the universe. So many powerful deeds go unheard of in the grand ear of the universe. The Jedi with their unwavering devotion towards the preservation of life alone would guarantee their greatness. And the Sith, with their less than humble stance on power would have imposed themselves into the great hall long ago. But in reality, very few are given the title of Great. Those that are are seldom talked of or even heard of, their deeds unnoticed, their wisdom lost from the world. So what does it mean to be great; to be a titan among men? It is this: surpassing the expectations of others, transcending even your own value of self worth, and to become truly knowing. This idea in itself is abstract enough to ween a vast majority of those wishing to become great out of the picture before even knowing their goals were set for it. Have no goals, no aspirations, to simply know. If only it were so easy.

Within the small meditation chamber, Julio's mind had extended far beyond any time or place, and simply was. He had no aim, no direction, and for a moment, he knew what it was to be great. When he became aware of what he was, his baser sides joined him, wishing more greatness. The part of him that was great, if even for the fraction of a second, contested this, wishing only to remain as it was. When greatness, left him, Julio had but one desire. To once again know what it is to become great. A little part of him was saddened by this thought, for he knew the path he aspired to travel was far beyond his abilities. There was but one way to start down the path he chose, and that was to start knowing.

• 3 months later...

Awaken, beast.

I spoke ever so softy, but the power behind such delicate words were enough to draw consciousness back into the mandalorian's body. I stood uncaring against the cold stone wall as his chest rose and fell, slow at first then quicker as his body remembered it's pain. Such a sweet thing, pain. It reminded us that we were still tied to this world, that our chains still bound us to our pathetic moral coil in servitude to the forces hidden scheme. But pain was never as sweet as when it came from another.

I have preserved your life...for now.

Leaning forward, I began encircling the room with Canderous' body at the center. My mind questioned itself as I looked down upon him with nothing but contempt. Where did such hate spawn? Certainly I had reason to be angry with him, the bastard beat me down and took my weapon, but what I felt was something far beyond rational. Even now, as he lay there bloody and broken, I wanted to kill him. It was only my coldness that steadied my hand and reminded me of the greater design in all things. Pebbles grinded under my shoes as I bent low to speak to him, the sound reminding me that there was something else in the room besides the two of us. Something far greater than either of us. I couldn't help but sneer at the thought, but I pushed that thought aside for a later day. Now I had to deal with the broken body laying on my master's floor.

Before now, you were nothing. Your life revolved around protecting a stigma your people fought so hard millenia ago to create, and what have you gotten for your pride? A life of persecution and judgment. What have you done with your life, really? Some bounties, scrambling to gather wealth you don't want? Fighting for an organization that cares nothing for you?

I stood, removing my mask to allow the half miralukan to see me for what I truly was. I had nothing to hide from a dying man, and perhaps allowing such a weakness would prove to him my intent.

Canderous, let me be frank. I don't care for you either. I actually hate you. But you have certain skills I want, and I have something you want more than anything anyone can offer. Purpose.

I began pacing again, be it from eagerness or boredom, I didn't know, but none the less I walked. I let my words sink in. I used no tricks of the mind or any of my other darker impulses. He had to understand of his own volition, his heart had to hold my desire as if it were his own.

Let's be honest. You're a mandalorian, and as such you are good at only one thing. War. What I offer you is just that. For thousands of years war has been waged between the Jedi and Sith, and it's not likely it will be stopping any time soon. At all, to be honest. Join me in my war against the Jedi and you'll be able to thrive again. You'll be able to bring honor to your clan time and time again with every enemy that falls to your blade, and I promise you there will always be someone to kill.

I leaned against the same spot of wall, now cold in my absence.

-Edit-

Tell you what, I've got some other stuff I need to do, so I'm going to leave you here. My attendant will be just outside the door. When you decide, just let him know.

It wouldn't be a decision to be made lightly. Even facing death, the mandalorian could surprise me and deny my employ just for the sake of good. I left, the echoing slam of the heavy door making my rather plain exit a touch more dramatic to further impress on Canderous the gravity of the situation. I did wish to stay and watch him blossom into my new tool of destruction, but there were more pressing matters at hand.

Darkness....

Darkness consumed his sight as he returned to the land of the living and aware, despite his now fragile body hanging on so loosely. Pain pulsated through-out his body as he motioned to move. The man who stood before him faded in and out just as his words, the mortal weakness of such a fragile body than that of his last opponent weighing heavily upon his mind. He knew when he faced the Mech back at Kashyyyk what could happen. And yet here he laid, alive though barely.

His natural insticts were to ignore the foolish Sith before him. But as the pain tremored through his lungs with every breath, the broken ribs tearing at the soft tissue between the two, he knew his life laid in the hands of this very Sith. And normally he wouldn't have ever cared to listen, but as he coughed, blood erupted from within his mouth before coming to rest in his now red stained silver locks. He knew he didn't have much time, and he really didn't care to become a clone of his own clone just yet. He'd rather do it in battle.

But he was still not without honor nor willpower. Fighting himself, he rose just enough to place his back up against the wall as the man awaited his answer. Silently Canderous thought to himself. He knew the Sith was capable of it, and in truth, it's what he wanted. He would not go down without a fight. As Canderous thought longer and harder, the more he let himself go, letting the disease take over. Just possibly it would give him just enough strength to overcome his capture just enough to escape.

Anger.....

Anger and rage suddenly pulsated through-out his body and mind, the Necrosources disease taking it's symptoms to the next level. Originally, Michael "Reaper" Grimm had been a Stage I Necrosources Carrier. But now, as a Sith Lord, full of hate and the darkside, was on the verge of the final transformation into what the scientists on Necropolis called a Stage III Carrier. But as for Canderous, he still remained a Stage I Carrier. But as his skin shifted to a pale white and his eyes a fluorescent green, it was evident a change had occured. He was in the beginnings of Stage II.

As his captured turned to leave, Canderous went to strike. Acting purely off of adrenaline, he rushed foreward, only to fall short of his target. It was here he tasted the bitterness of defeat once again. Though only this time, it was a defeat of the soul. Slamming his fist into the duracrete flooring, his shot his glowing green glare at his capture closed the door behind him. Canderous had only one chance for survival. He didn't have any other choice but to give in. Truly this was a new beginnings for the Hunter of Shadows, for today, it seems he had chosen to become the Shadow.

Hitting the comm unit he spoke but one sentence. "Tell your Master that i am his to command."

darmanda.png

Formally Known as Hunter Of Shadows/Dark

Within moments of Canderous accepting his fate, several men stormed into the cell, their figures clad in snow white scrubs, a grotesque contrast to the sullen temple. They wasted no time carelessly tossing his broken body on the stretcher and taking him to surgery. Anesthetics were applied to knock Canderous out as the men did their work. Many of his organs were ruptured and degenerated, his bones near crushed to powder. The process to replace his shattered form with cloned pieces took time, but after forty-six hours of surgery Canderous was born anew. His organic heart had been replaced with a stronger, more reliable mechanical heart, shielded by a small EMP shield. His rib cage had been plated with a phrik alloy, an expensive process now that the unanimous enemy had taken the galaxies only supply. Along his spine ran something designed by Julio himself. An implant that connected to the nerves in the spinal column, as well as at the base of the skull. The implant would allow Canderous to plug directly into machinery, allowing him to command them at his whim.

Leave his scars as a reminder. Put him in the tank, tell me when he wakes. And leave him a little pain. He'll need it.

Life.....

And fight for it, he did. But as several beings drenched in white robes rushed in and surrounded him, he was forced to fight them as well. Confusion clouded his mind as his body and consciousness began to slip. Anger and raged filled his heart as his natural primal instincts took over as he was back into death's corner. And finally, as the beings wrestled Canderous to the floor and placed him onto the cart, sedating him heavily, weakness and unconsciousness took hold of his body. Slipping into the dark realm of sleep, he suspected that death had taken him.

Hours passed and light began to shine upon his conscious as he awoke from his deep slumber. Joy set in as the hunter realized that death had spared him once again, but was overcome once his feelings began to set back in. Pain began to consume his once broken form, overbearing aching pulsating even as deep as the marrow of his bones. Tears flowed from his green fluorescent eyes, though quickly joined it's liquid counterparts that Canderous' form had been encased in.

Desperate to free himself, the hunter began to push against the duraglass casing, testing it's strength. And in one well solid placed punch, the front glass shattered and he was free. As water rushed from the tank, more glass found it's self free, and soon, it too drug Canderous out onto the duracrete fllor before it, lines snapping loose from his form as he was yanked outward. Collapsing upon the cold floor, he lifted himself, darting his vision toward the onlooking personel.

With a deep growlish voice, he spoke but one word. "Tell your Master i'm awake."

darmanda.png

Formally Known as Hunter Of Shadows/Dark

Deep in meditation, Julio continued his treacherous path within his own mind in a hope to discover self absolution. Spiraling deeper and deeper, he could feel the cold darkness of his own soul baring down upon him. Like swimming in a vast arctic lake at the moon's zenith, he went ever deeper, the pressure closing in. Frigid and alone, his human side begged him to go back, fear of what lied beneath rising. When he delved as far as he dared to delve, that which hides in the hearts of all men proved itself apparent. What it was, he couldn't begin to describe, for such knowledge of such a thing would haunt the dreams of the innocent for ages to come. It seemed an eternity that Julio stood frozen, staring into the utter darkness. And then, nothing.

• 5 years later...

"Are they ready?"

"That remains to be seen."

"Do you think the Master's apprentices will be able to stand against them? We've spent so long raising them, teaching them. Surely they have become the living shadows He requested."

"That is not for us to judge, Six. We could only do what we were instructed to the best of our abilities. There is no use questioning the work after the fact. Either you have done your utmost, or you haven't."

"Of course. Forget my feeble weakness."

The two cloaked men stood on a balcony overlooking a sea of black. From this height the waves appeared to be composed of ants swaying and crashing against one another, but the Sith Acolytes knew them for their true nature. This was their creation, the Living Shadows of the Seven. A century for each of the Seven stood in the opening of the forest below drilling through daily training like it was their religion. Seven hundred men and women trained for no other purpose than to teach and test the Master's chosen few. Most of them would die, but there was no doubt that these Living Shadows would take life if their opponent was not careful.

"I think he will be pleased. They were trained in his own methods."

"But not by Him."

"Of course, you are right, One. I cannot separate myself from the pride I feel for my work."

"Your work is nothing. These creatures are nothing. They will all fall before the might of our Master's work. But not without a fight."

• 3 months later...

Furion was gone again...

Like a torturous knife, his presence entered and left her soul with every cruel stroke of the steel blade, cold against her back. But she let herself feel it. The weak mortal affections of vulnerability made her something more than what she was. She loved him and that wasn't a crime. She would scream it from the rooftops, the mountaintops and any peak she could find denoting the ever mounting passion in her heart. Jedi didn't understand emotion. They bottled them up, denied them, ignored them or diffused them and for so long, Lallu did the same. She was a tortured orphan with skeletons decaying in her closet, but she worked long and hard to learn that it was okay to let go. Feelings made her who she was.

Her weakness, her strength, her passion, her anger, her hate... Her Rage...

Each feeling shot silently from the synapses in her mind into the tips of each finger; one significant tingle after another. She held Furion's coat closer to her body and gripped the saber he gave her in her right hand. This was where she needed to be. This was where he wanted her to be and as a favor to her former master and her love, she came to this dark planet. A planet that was riddled with the dark of a soul; deceptive, fluid, elusive and destructive. It flowed with his severity and patience. She could feel the faint glimmer of her Master's fire as it flickered in the breeze and she could feel her own inferno burning deep inside. The borrowed time she had, drained from another less deserving, was serving her well. She could feel death clinging to her mind, but it wasn't there. The darkness of death was a very real thing and without the chain of fear that many bore as they lived from day to day - fighting to defy the will of death - she fought with more ferocity. She had seen death. She marked it with her soul and it marred her psyche.

She stepped from the shuttle and departed its air conditioned embrace. She let her master's long coat whip in the low wind. She watched as a swarm of acolytes came to greet her and dismissed them. One of them offered to remove the coat and she clung to it dearly. She store down at them with eyes of red fire and they cowered away. She let the coat down as she approached the training complex, but only when she was prepared to do so; not before.

She breathed deeply the suffocated air. She looked upon the forest of dark soldiers fighting around her and nodded her acquiescence. She was hear to learn combat. She was here to learn survival. She was here to re-learn what it was to strive through adversity. She was here to carve and refine the marble of her being to become a being of finesse and effectiveness.

She looked at the nearest Acolyte and nodded silently. She handed him the coat with little argument and handed him the saber as well. When he looked at her with incredulity, she only smiled. "I won't need it."

"Tell them to hide. Tell them to fight. Tell them to kill. Spread them about the planet and let me venture forth alone as a bloody nomad. I will come back in one year's time and by then, I will be ready." Lallu said, a sickening level of indifference plaguing her expression.

For him... I will do anything.

With that, Lallu shot off into the wilderness of the decaying planet and set upon her mission.

((I will try to get someone to post with me, but if I can't, I will edit / post every three days.))

Keenava Two Suns.png

((Ask and ye shall receive))

The acolyte did nothing, his silent, soulless eyes only watching Lallu run off into the wilderness. He knew not who she was, but she carried the whisper of the Master, and that alone let her be present here. The Master had always told the Seven that the Living Shadows were to train his followers, and so if this whelp of a woman wished to test herself, they would not stop her. Once she was out of sight, the lone acolyte turned to find a place to store the objects he had been handed and to spread the word that the Living Shadows of the Seven were about to be used. This was their life's work, and they had very little to even care about besides their work. The word would be spread, and the Living Shadows of the Seven wold be scattered all across the planet in time, each with the singular goal to push Lallu to the limits physically, mentally, and emotionally.

There would be no victory in death, no celebration for the shadow that killed the Sith. No mourning of the deaths that were to come. There was only their purpose.

1fE1uLv.png

I ate a hippo. It was delicious.

May the Forth therve you well...

Day 4...

Her mouth was dry.

• Her tongue was dry.

The water on Umbara was terribly hollow and the beasts that lived on the shadow planet were crippled and not favorable to eat. She would have to find a way to sustain her body on what she had, which was fairly difficult given the shortage of beasts in this part of the planet.

Her fingers were worn and it had only been a few days. She couldn’t tell the passing of time as well in the veil of foggy exhaustion that bore down on her mind, but it was irrelevant. The nights were long, and the 'mornings' were short; although the shift in light could barely show the difference between morning and night. The planet was consumed in a blanket of darkness that stretched on to infinity so it was almost impossible to notice. She hadn’t heard from the shadows since her first day, but she could tell they were out there.

The darkness that welcomed her for so many years became a tool to be used against her. The embrace of black that comforted her weary soul was now a trap for vulnerability, reaching out to her and begging that she let down her guard; but she wouldn't. She ran through the night and sometimes through the morning, taking rest in only moments that were of the purest silence. Before periods of rest she would set traps and snares outside her camp and then endeavor to keep one eye open in the case of a rude awakening. She knew the children of the shadow were after her and she needed to be ready. She needed to keep steady, to keep limber and to maintain and effective pace.

Occasionally, when she was running through the trees, she would catch sight of a shadow fleeting behind her and she would accelerate to lose what she assumed was a shadow. She didn't know for sure, but her suspicion bred caution and she used it to preserve herself.

She was exhausted though. She had been running for two days and could feel it in her arms. She panted as quietly as she could with sweat running violently down her damp linens. Damp linens that were torn apart from repeated abuse in the wilds of Umbara. It was quiet and she rest at the base of a tree that set apart from a large group on top of a hillock. The vague light of what appeared to be day shone down upon her and she could make out dark black blobs in the wilderness. She couldn’t tell if the trees were dancing and playing tricks on her mind, or if these were the living shadows. Either way, the point of their movement was disturbing. Lallu sat perfectly still and watched with eyes slightly popped to get a better view. She counted the traps along the border of her camp and readied her mind and body to fend off any other predators.

The sons and daughters of Living shadow were near. She could feel them.

Keenava Two Suns.png

Silently and skillfully, the shadows of the seven had tracked Lallu for the past four days. Shortly after she had departed the landing area, a group of ten shadows took chance, following her trail better than a keen pack of animals could. She was making no attempts to hide her tracks; it appeared she was simply running to survive. And because of that, the shadows behind were gaining on her, while countless others began dotting the landscape before her.

Twice over the past four days, the shadows in her path had spooked the Sith into altering her course. Lallu was on their territory, their lands, and they knew where to guide her to give them an advantage. When she stopped at the base of a solitary tree, the shadows that had been tailing her knew it was time. Wordlessly they communicated with each other, spreading the news along their ranks. Soon enough, they were joined by eight more. They watched her, sitting there at the base of the tree, her eyes wholly fixated on the trees in the distance, trees that were filled with Shadows of the Seven. Whether from exhaustion or mental strain, the Sith's senses and focus were beginning to dull.

Wordlessly and silently, the Shadows moved in, spread around the tree, from all directions. Those that were in Lallu's immediate line of sight held back slightly, forced to crawl and stalk through the underbrush. The others however, were upon her far quicker. By the time Lallu noticed any of it and broke her gaze from the distant trees, there was a half circle of faceless shadows standing behind her, their weapons drawn, standing like a wall of death. Of course, once they were focused on, the others, the ones who had been forced to crawl, silently rose to their feet and drew their own weapons, completing the circle.

The shadows would pause however, to allow Lallu to see that she was truly and fully surrounded. They would wait until the fear, the exhaustion, and the terror seeped into the corners of her mind. And then all at once, they advanced inward, evenly and together, walking with purpose as they fell into combat stances. There was no clear leader, no single shadow that broke rank from the others.

They had trained together. They would fight together. They would kill together. And they would die together.

All at once, they struck; one of every two made a single jab inward at waist level, while the man next to him would accentuate with an overhead slice downward to prevent the Sith from simple jumping up to avoid the nine jabs.

1fE1uLv.png

• The shadows… Shadows…

• *pant*

• Lallu’s mind was fading in exasperation, but her accelerated heartbeat and the adrenaline pumping through her body primed her. She wasn’t a husk. She was anything but. Her body had seen darkness and made it through. This was nothing… nothing. These shadows were but pale machinations of terror. They stood as nothing more than phantasms to the terrors in Lallu’s life. Death was a paltry sacrifice. Pain was motivation and blood was the least she could shed to rid these shadows of their feeble lives.

Their strike was without pause. She could hear them approach and before she could react, they set upon her with a flurry of light blows. Nine jabs and nine arm attacks toward her head would end her if she didn’t act quickly, but she was at peace in her mania. They may have known the land. They may have known their brethren, but they didn’t know her. Their knowledge extended only so long, to be cut short on the knife of Lallu’s exasperated consciousness as it flickered into her fight or flight response. She cut low in a second and swept a leg all around. The proximity it took for such close maneuvers meant that they all had to be within the reach of her leg. She ducked to the ground and put all the power she could into her leg. She swept them all off of their feet and used her pain to shatter the air in a blood curdling scream.

With their daze apparent, Lallu wanted to take the advantage. She badly wanted to kill them all, but she knew that eighteen was too many for her. She felt nine of them break their legs with her strong kick, but they would get back up. These shadows may have been husks, but they were trained never to give in. That much she knew.

Instead, she figured she would leave. She would hide and hunt. She would sleep in only the most creative places, but first. She had to lose them.

With one more indiscrete bellow, Lallu shot through the woods like a bullet. When she reached the midpoint of the woods, she jumped up the wood and started leaping to leave her trail and take them off of her path. Tree to Tree she went and focused all of her energy on keeping as quiet as possible. She would find a tree and set her camp. She would hunt from that tree and change her home tree every day for fear that the Shadows would catch on. Occasionally she would take concentrated glances from her perch and do what she could to catch a Shadow unawares.

They may know the Shadows more than her, but she would learn… She had to…

____ ____ _____ ____ ___ ___

Day 14

A week… ?

• Had it been a week?

Lallu almost didn’t care anymore. She couldn’t see straight sometimes, but she was fed and managed to sneak a decent night’s rest now and again. She was almost caught again by one or two Shadows, but their number were dwindling the further she went out. She was appreciative for that, but something inside her wouldn’t let her ignore the possibility of a trap. Deception was such an easy skill that she knew a shadow, if nothing else, would be able to perform a simple illusion.

She had managed to kill two though. Whatever these shadows were, they were mortal. She caught them when they started hunting under her home tree. She leveled her breathing, stared at the moving blackness intently and watched as they paced around. One of them pointed off in the direction that Lallu came, but she ignored him… it… her… It didn’t matter. The other almost found her in the branches, but she swept upon him with a powerful double kick to his face, snapping his neck. The other was just a side step and simple crack from his mortal fall, but Lallu was exposed. She didn’t have time to mourn the dead so she left.

Now she was following a small pack of Shadows further into the woods, or so she thought. The woods ended in a sea of vague gray nonsense. Deadened live grass stood in an expansive clearing that defied her expectations. Yet the shadows were running across it like nothing else was wrong. There were three that she could see, but that didn’t mean there weren’t more. They were tempting her, but she didn’t want to listen. She sat and lingered in her tree, waiting for their play to continue…

Keenava Two Suns.png

The Shadows were winning.

The Sith whelp didnt know it of course; she was too busy attempting to survive in their home. Spending so much time running, hiding, and sneaking about. The Shadows were trained and bred for living, surviving, and hunting on this planet; She was not. The Nine of course monitored the situation, silently judging her inferior to anything the Master could possibly create. Inferior to their shadows. They stalked her while she stalked them. Every move she made, every breath she took, every single day, they were watching her. Sometimes from afar, sometimes from right under her nose.

Or in this case, right above her. It had been two weeks since her arrival, and two weeks she spent fleeing further into their den. She had paused at the edge of the woods, sitting in the branches of a tree, watching the shadows that were designed to lead her into more traps. Of course she was stalking them, and of course they knew that. For some reason, the whelp seemed to be resistant to killing the shadows; she had only killed four total in her time on the planet, and two were after the attack of the eighteen, succumbing to infection after the fact from their broken bones. Only two shadows had fallen directly to her hands. And now she sat in her perch, watching the shadows that moved so quickly across the terrain.

And in the branches above her, sat three more shadows. They did not stir or show the signs of exhaustion that marked the whelp and made her easier to track. The shadows had made her choose to keep moving, to keep running on little sleep and even less food. And she was becoming careless and predictable. The shadows had learned quickly the sorts of trees the whelp favored; ample support, amble cover and yet a clear vantage point. The shadows knew the land better than she did.

The shadows had been waiting.

From all around the tree Lallu had chosen, animallistic sounds began ringing out, pulling her attention from tree to tree, each where a shadow sat crouched. Whether she saw them or not, it did not matter. They were there to distract her, to pull her attention and perhaps inflict terror or fear into her. And right when she was about to plunge off the cliff of sanity, the three shadows in her tree struck. One landed farther out on the branch from her, landing in a crouch before springing up and planting a kick to Lallu's chest, which fed her into the second shadow that landed behind her. With Lallu in motion, stumbling backwards on the branch, the second shadow grabbed an arm and flung her even harder right into the trunk of the tree. On the other side of the trunk, on a completely different branch, the third shadow sat waiting until Lallu slammed into the trunk before flinging a bola attached to a length of thin yet strong rope around the tree.

The idea was to pin Lallu to the trunk of the tree, preventing an escape and leaving her open to further assault by the Shadows.

1fE1uLv.png

• Her light wouldn’t go out.

• It refused. Like before…

Lallu was waning. There was little doubt that the poor Twi’lek’s sanity was fading, but she had been here before. The texture of branches beneath her hands wasn’t familiar, but the sting was an echo of something in her past. It was her anchor to the world, but in the end it only contributed to her psychosis. She was a light in the dark that had yet learned to fade. She would learn in time. But she hadn’t always been this bright. Lallu’s past was riddled with nightmares. Creatures of unspeakable terror haunted her childhood and horrors that only her imagination could diffuse would visit her without prejudice. These shadows were easy to understand. They had training. They had purpose and their purposes were to kill blindly. They let go of their lives. They let go of their feelings and just… let go. They were lifeless husks, but infinitely easier to understand than the ghosts of Lallu’s past.

The sounds weren’t scary. They merely illuminated the ploy of Lallu’s foolishness. She assumed she had been followed, but their noises were enough to validate her judgment. That was all.

T h e y ’ r e . . . h e r e . . .

When the husks leapt to her tree she could feel the pressure change. The bodyweight of each shadow joined that of the branch and Lallu shifted a little due to the change. Their stealth was excellent, the stuff of legends, but they were empty. They had nothing behind them. They didn’t know hate, they didn’t know anger; they didn’t know rage, frustration, fear, or anything beyond their own callous arrogant purpose. They thought they were the best, but they paled to realize that there was always someone better. Sure, exhaustion and fatigue mired the best warriors or assassins, but the key was to work with exhaustion; to use fatigue and prioritize your strengths. Don’t let your emotions dictate or distract your strikes, but use your passion to ignite the flame. Use your purpose to find the path and use the will to keep going. Free yourself from limitation by allowing yourself to utilize all parts of yourself. Exhaustion and fatigue were in the mind. Weakness or pain… It’s all illusion in the end.

She felt herself slowly running out of breath in her cage. The same cage she was thrown in the morning before. Her slave master, whose form was twisted into an abyssal demon, stood above her with his sadistic smile. The child of Lallu’s heart looked up at him with fear and uncertainty lingering in her nubile eyes. Fresh from her mother, her mind was riddled with anxiety and stress. Their hands knew no decency. She knew no peace and her mind was under constant duress and attack. She was trapped in an infinite loop of hell and insanity playing end on end for years and years. That was… until… He arrived.

Lallu!

His voice shot the twi’lek through the heart. Her eyes shot open and the flame of her pulse, battling against its fragile prison, sprang to violent, crimson, life. Her eyes seared with red and within a moment Lallu recovered from her blow, turned to the tree, pulled from the tree, fell to the branch and into a tumble. The bolo wrapped around the tree with little effect and Lallu’s vision was burning red. Her limbs were beginning to blur and her heart was beating with blinding efficiency. Her mind fed on the world around her. Her muscles began to drain what energy they could from the air until the stale air around Lallu seemed to decay.

Like children swatting a beehive, the shadows pushed Lallu to the brink and she wasn’t going to back down. She would see where her weakness took her and to what extent adversity would push her strength.

She rushed toward the nearest shadow on her branch despite his agile dodge and arrested its momentum. With her speed, everything seemed slower. Her mind was entirely consumed by the overwhelming passion flowing through her. Her hunger and pain was limitless. Her agony was her strength and she wasn’t going to let it go…

A sharp fist met the point between the creature’s chin and neck with enough force to crack its fragile windpipe. One hit, one death.

The next one would be harder and the one after would be harder still. However, the only visible part of the Twi’lek was her eyes blinking in the night. Her entire body was quickened with an unnatural force and voices consumed her mind. The screams of her mind filled her body with an unholy duty; a duty that she took very seriously. She was out for blood…

She looked up at the next one and tilted her head like a predator eying its prey. The half eyes of doom rained down upon the shadow without mercy. She wasn’t playing around anymore.

Keenava Two Suns.png

• 2 weeks later...

Day 50... Day 60? ... Day...

Her fingers were stained with blood; the avatar of a grim assassin with a morbid predatory grin.

Lallu stood breathlessly on the side of a tree, admiring a pile of twenty dead shadows piled one on top of the other. She took note, or seemed to take note, of their shape. Their forms were tossed against one another like filthy slabs of refuse. They smelled worse, but that was the point. She gathered them here to make a stench so horrid that even the husks had to take pause. Their lifeless eyes would see the destruction she had wrought and understand what they were doing. Who cared how many there were, one atom could destroy thousands of people. All it took was the energy to destroy itself. The small life form that was ripped apart to bring chaos and destruction would sacrifice itself to bring total and utter agony. But that was an unrefined art. The cut of that explosive knife was so crude that it became more of a bludgeon than a fine, practiced strike.

Lallu was still the bludgeon, like she always had been. She was learning to understand her powers to a new depth and she couldn’t control them the way he had. His voice was in her ears. This was her second to last step on the journey to letting go and it didn’t come without consequences. Her body was running on nearly empty. She was forced to rely on the hunt to sate her lingering hunger and her body still wilted. She tried to avoid tainting her humanity with wretched gluttony, but was forced to rely on what she could to sustain herself.

Slowly crawling through the Sith code that he chanted in her ear, she could feel the immense power growing in her veins. Every new kill brought her closer and closer to pure mania. She could hear her heartbeat like the sound of war drums beating and every tear of nails against tender flesh drove her into the arms of madness. Her bones and veins were easily seen under her skin and her breaths were shallow, but she was moving like he taught her. He spoke deeply in her ear, whispers that continued to haunt her, but her strength was artificial. His words were dark and powerful, but she couldn’t hold on to them. Her mind was moving further and further away, but her body carried on in a miasma of corruption and decay.

She was beginning to walk away from the site of her gruesome deed when she slowly felt her legs weigh down on her. She could hear the shadows closing in and it was only a matter of time before they would claim her in her vulnerability. But despite her doubt, she felt no attack. She was weakened, battered, bruised, filled with the dead, but hungered for more. Her mind was warring down inside her, but it was free. She was finally free to let herself go. She could feel the soft raindrop as it fell against her cheek, hinting at what the future brought, but she didn’t know if she would see it.

Lallu!

She lifted her head up as if by a string and she could see Furion in a small corner of her blurred vision.

Lallu, get up. I know you have more potential than this. I trained you better.

She did what she could to sit up slowly, but her body wouldn’t listen anymore. The flames that burned deep inside were going to extinguish like they never had before. Lallu’s will was facing extinction. But his head was swimming in her mind. His body stood before her and his words breathed life into her again.

Lallu, I can’t hold you forever. You must go on your own. I can’t be your catalyst…

Lallu didn’t know if this was actually him or this was her conscience using his form to speak, but his words were so powerful that it didn’t matter either way.

You have to go on from here on your own Lallu. The potential I saw in you is deep. You have to take what you have and fight through it. You’re a fighter Lallu… I know you are.

Lallu swore under her breath, but it was inaudible. His words were sweet, but the bitter taste fell on a hard worn tongue. She couldn’t hear the truth in his voice or the truth in his gaze. Those golden eyes weren’t real. His phantasm was only torture to obsessed ears as she tried to pry herself away from his lidless gaze.

Sometimes the little girl dies. Sometimes the flower wilts and sometimes the light dims across the horizon. The golden sun flicks out of a cold barren sky, leaving nothing behind, but a silken sheet of deep black.

She could feel the sensation of the grass whip away at her cold fingers and the blood that stuck her clothing to her body. She could still taste the forbidden meat she bore the night before and she could hear her heart beat pulling on and on and on and on…

Never waiting, never hesitating, never jumping…

Like a prisoner in her cell she clicked a stick against the cold metal bars one by one….

• One by one…

One by one…

• One by one…

Her body held her to this mortal chain and she couldn’t shake it. The fire hadn’t disappeared, but had taken a different form. It manifest in the lifeblood that beat through her body. It carried through her like a mighty burning river of crimson. The taste of flesh on her tongue mingled with the other flavors that lingered there; dry saliva, stale berries, and horrible gamey meat were few of the rotten tastes that she could not cleanse. But the taste of flesh was sweeter. Trying to avoid being a beast, she avoided the inevitable, but time was merging and she couldn’t tell what day it was anymore.

Her eyes struggled to remain open and she shuddered to her hands and knees.

She could hear the mumbled whispers of the Furion specter once more. It appeared to haunt her even still. The look of anger and disappointment written there was cringe worthy. She felt his discontent in her bones even with him leagues away. She didn’t even wish to fathom the feeling she would have if he were standing right in front of her. She turned her head away, but those spectral gold eyes lingered still. She could hear the drum beats calling… callingcalling…

An image of her father took Furion’s place. Strong, confident, and sure of himself; but he was also a coward, a liar, and a thief. He looked at her with a hard gleam in his familiar red eyes. It was a stare that denied her any sort of affectionate purchase. For most of her life as a slave, she wondered where he had gone. Where was her stalwart protector? Where was the one that would break her from her prison and take her from her misery?

He never came…

Like a wilting flower that was neglected by the sun; a dying stem in the seat of winter’s cold, unyielding bosom, she wore away at her mental acuity until there was nothing left. She couldn’t see beyond the opaque wall of confinement and settled with what she had. She couldn’t stand their treatment, but couldn’t rise up either. Whatever it was, it had to stop, but she was powerless then. She couldn’t do anything, but lay there and squirm as her thoughts began to crumble into bits.

She was never the protected until Furion came. She had to rely on herself, which was difficult with a piecemeal mind, but now she was whole again. Jzora, Furion, and so many others in her past taught her to defy her limitations and build herself up. But here she was, cowering in the vulnerability of the moment; until the moment became her vulnerability…

All her hunger, all her want, all her rage, all her fear, all her pain… It was all in her head. They may feel ferocious like the heart of a burning fire, deep in her heart, but each one could be vanquished in an instant, leaving little behind. Each feeling was only as potent as she made it and she only made it potent through thinking.

Little by little the realization leaked through her fragile hands. Little by little she started pulling herself to her feet. She could feel her enemies closing in, but she was no longer afraid. Her protector wouldn’t come because she was her protector. Her mental prison wouldn’t break without blinding itself to the never ending circle she bound herself to. She stood to her full height and grunted a little. The pain in her body was hard to hear now. The screaming pain in her ears was beginning to fade and her eyes were clearing again. The blood still felt cold on her skin, but she could feel the world around her. Umbara was breathing underneath her and each breath was practiced. The energy churning in the planet was beyond compare to any other in the universe and Lallu soaked in it.

The battle readiness that she felt in each Shadow surged into her. She fed on their energy one bit at a time and she seethed with their intensity. She could see through their eyes, hear through their ears and feel their readiness.

Her feet were a little worn, but the new energy surging through her body was enough to revitalize her corpse and soon she was on the hunt again…

She disappeared into the night and flit from immediate perception. Like a shadowy blade hidden from sight, she made her strike sudden at the shadow’s neck and flittered away…

They will know fear…

Keenava Two Suns.png

• 2 weeks later...

The Correllian Gunship Aegis dropped out of hyperspace above the wild world of Umbara. The ship arrived on the night side of the planet, and Kern ordered them to level off so that he could center himself, and use the force to find what sensors could not. With his hands clasped he stretched out, searching the planet below for something anything, some semblance of a presence. He felt conflict, and emotion, but nothing immediately jumped out. If something was hiding down below, it was superbly trained, and did not want to be found. The place was as powerful a darkside nexus as Merkava, where he had his eyes opened to the truth for the first time. He was thankful for his trip there, it began his true path, towards the power and glory that would eventually be his.

He ordered the ship to land close to the coordinates he specified. There was no way to get an exact location, but his instincts told him what he couldn't derive from the force. The violence and confrontation was palpable, and refreshed his senses.

Mruka entered the bridge breaking his concentration. He turned his head slowly to see her enter. Her thoughts were easy to determine. Her tribal armor stood out against the black sith armor that graced her slight but powerful frame.

"Your fear is quite potent Mruka. The darkside is strong here, it's invigorating, but only to those who can feel it." Kern said as he left the bridge, and began to march down the ramp. His first footfall caused a ripple in the force, he felt it leave him and reverberate in the very air of the place. The darkside was indeed powerful on this small globe, and he was sure that he chosen correctly by coming here. He could feel a world in a constant struggle, between life and death. Here one had to kill to survive, just as on Hoth. Regardless of temperature, they were the same.

Morrigal's words hung in his ears...

The darkside beckons you Kern. I have felt it. But you will not find it alone...

"My lord, I... this place..." Mruka said, shrinking back a bit as she heard a strange sound from the nearby jungle.

"It's paradise is it not? The universe as it is, unmasked, unrepentant, violent, unyielding."He said smiling. As he looked out the view-port ahead of him.

"I do not wish to fail you my lord." Mruka said respectfully, bowing her head slightly.

"But you will against what awaits me out there. You will remain here, there is much work ahead. The galaxy will be at war soon enough, and I have some old friends to visit. Take the ship into orbit and await my signal." Kern said and stripped off his heavier armor, the half cape, and kept only his belt with supplies, and a comm unit tucked in a boot. Exposing the dark sith robes he had acquired from his home on Correllia. They were trophies of some long forgotten war, but they were functional, and much more in agreement with the environment.

Something in the darkness awaited him, something beckoned him, and he would not refuse it's call.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

• Day Unknown..

Dried blood was caked in her fingernails and lay stagnant on the edges of her lips; her smell was bathed in death; her head was cut in multiple places; her clothes were torn; her head was battered much like her body, and her arms and legs were littered with an amalgam of ashen wounds. Dirt was padded into and onto her black tarry skin, filling her wounds with painful camouflage. The edges of each wound were crusted with fiery scars from where she attempted to cauterize them. Infection was held at bay by her will and she was breathing deeply with surprisingly little sound in the hollow of a small tree.

She was being chased by two shadows, but she knew where they were now. She could see them through the veins in the tree; through the sinews of the wood that gathered so little from the barren ground. She could see their effort, their steps, and their struggle. They never vocalized their struggle, but they were mortals. These shadows weren’t immortal and Lallu used every inch of that mortality to her advantage even while her own body threatened to wither beneath the dark strings that clung so desperately to her. She could see their beating hearts with all the fire burning inside of her. Her eyes glowed with a muted red highlight and her mind was a chaos moving forward with a singular goal. The weather was getting colder. Lallu learned to warm herself by finding an alcove and breathing in her hands. She managed to spread the warmth in her hands throughout her entire body little by little with the force and once she managed that, she could move at night when the weather was at its worst and strike hard at shadows when they least expected it.

She followed their habits as they followed hers. She mocked habits of her own to fool them into thinking that she had settled into a pattern, just so she could catch them unaware. Her intelligence and prowess at playing cat and mouse was garnered only from her own practice. She made mistakes and suffered for them. But the darkness of her hunger, coupled with the strength of their boldness and desperation grew with every kill. This was crunch time and Lallu was working through as many techniques as she could to survive. If she failed to sneak, they would stab her. If she failed to dodge, she would be hit. If she failed to kill one and let it go instead, it would return the next day and take advantage of her merciful gesture. There was no time to let anything go, because pain was her teacher. Pain and shadows became her only teacher for weeks unending until she felt a disturbance on the planet’s surface.

The Shadows sensed it too. Their thoughts leaned toward the new comer and a few even made for the ship that landed not too far from where Lallu found herself, but she didn’t go. It wasn’t an energy she recognized right away. It wasn’t something she needed to solve right away and the shadows around her might take advantage of her curiosity and strike while she’s out.

No, I’ll stay here and make the energy find me… After all, it might be a trap…

I am the shadow… They are the husk…

Lallu stood her ground in the hollow of the tree and stilled the power swimming deep inside of her. She pushed herself down and allowed her breathing to melt into a field of whispers. Her thoughts coalesced into one entity and hummed lightly with the breeze all around her. She listened to the planet around her. She listened to the ground, the plants, the animals and everything else as it beat in unison. The methodical string of life was what she had to cling onto for days… For months…

She couldn’t stand the unending silence; the lack of physical touch; the cold that bit at her fingertips; the desperation that clung to her and all of the volatile feelings that mounted up inside her. She needed something else to cling onto and found the heartbeat of the planet deep beneath her. In the silence there stood a single sound that everything shared. Once she finally understood that, the last bit of her force understanding clicked into place and years of training cascaded on her like a freight train. All of their words, all of their teachings, all of their beatings made sense. Every word that Furion told her was starting to even out and become so much more than what it was when she heard it the first time. Now she was ready to call herself Sith. She was ready to call herself something beyond an apprentice.

Like an uncut diamond she felt strong, but dull. Her abilities excelled that of the inferior shadows, but they were still blunt. She was working through her skills but she was still struggling…

• The infinite struggle…

You must always work to put yourself above others…

• Don’t let weakness consume you... but don’t let arrogance betray you…

Dare to be something more than what you are…

• One day we will meet on the field of battle and only one will be the victor…

This energy that approached was vaguely familiar.

• Lallu’s addled mind was unable to put all of the pieces together immediately, but as Fynn neared her nest, she could feel him working his way through the woods.

The prodigal son of Furion’s teachings finds himself lost in the woods. Let’s see what he can handle.

BEGIN FYNN!! Lallu projected through the force.

Lallu disappeared from sight, leaving a corona of shadowy darkness behind her. She felt her heartbeat fall into sync with the beat of the planet like a bead of rainfall rejoining a mighty river. She swiveled her head and caught the dimming red energy of Fynn jogging through a small clearing nearby. The trees around him bent in his procession, breathing in his essence. Lallu could hear their whispers. There was a small circle of trees around the clearing that were all five times the height of an average man with high branches, but she wasn’t going to climb a tree. Climbing a tree only made you an easier target if you fell and you had to commit to any aerial attacks you made, thus negating the need for climbing. This planet was always dark. It gave the benefit of shadow wherever you moved which graced Lallu with an advantage that she didn’t have before. She slowed her footfalls like she did in the woods to avoid capture and death. She slowed her breaths to mask her presence and she used every shadow amplified by tiny fluctuations in the force to maneuver through the woods. Breath by breath, beat by beat and moment after moment she moved. She darted her way through the trees like a small primate and found a tree near Fynn with little difficulty.

He was familiar in the way he moved, but he fell hard and fast. Like a fool climbing a tree, Fynn fell and cracked his head in order to realize he wasn’t really in a tree in the first place. It may have been her involvement that caused his caustic transformation, but no matter his disposition, the shadows around him seemed tentative…

Lallu cocked her head lightly and settled herself behind a nearby tree. When Fynn’s form passed by her body, hidden by the shadow of a large tree, she attacked him quickly with nimble hands. The energy of her hunger quickened her movements and intensified her strike. She moved her right arm out and aimed for the exposed flesh on the side of his head, right behind his ear. She went for a knockout and then she’d finish him off, but readied her body in case he reacted violently. She could see his entire form and was prepared to use her momentum to carry herself past him if she needed to.

((1)) ((3 post duel okay?))

Keenava Two Suns.png

Kern moved with an alacrity of purpose. Something of Furion was near, his masters voice crackled somewhere in the foreign fauna. At last he would kneel at his masters visage, and tell him of his new journey, his conquest on Kesh, and await whatever task he would be deemed worthy of. Perhaps he would be given the task of killing a former friend, or torturing someone for no other reason but the unadulterated joy off it all. Yet something felt off, this was not the unknowable of power of his master, no this was different. It was sharp, jagged, an unceasing pulsating mass of the darkside, and it gave him pause mentally.

He could feel the dark jungle surrounding him, enveloping his thoughts, masking the approach off the dawn. Here it was always night, a permanent midnight of the force. Wild, uncontrolled emotions were brought to his mind, a pleasure filled surge of near madness. Kern reveled in it, the unbridled hate of the place, and wondered silently at what it would feel like to battle in such an abyss, unbound by the stifling restrictions of morality and respectability. To face a beast, a creature, of equal ambition to survive, to conquer, was what he desired now. The attack came as if he had wished it would be so...

BEGIN FYNN!!

Kern felt her voice rippled through his nervous system like a fiery blast of magma, igniting his senses as she set upon him. He felt her coming, but the problem was what to do about it. His spatial awareness was once of his most powerful abilities, and long ago, the man who was Fynn would have ducked rolled, and activated his saber in a classic Soresu stance. But Kern... Kern was not that man. He wanted blood, carnage, to inflict pain and extract every exquisite moment of it. He would meet this threat with all the rapacious rage of an elite predator, one that wasn't about to back away to resolve their differences. Kern turned his head slightly and launched towards Lallu, with a speed and force that was equal to her dive. He blocked the strike with a combination of an elbow and a powerful the application of the force blunting her strike with a stunning reversal. The resulting collision sent his body backwards, but only bruised. He landed aside her in the dirt, and quickly got to his knees. He grabbed her locking his arms and hand around her upper body and neck, feeling her supine form against his own, but this was no lustful embrace.

This... this...this was joy, he felt a surge of adrenaline, and licked his lip which had been bloodied by Lallu's strike. He could tell by the intensity of the collision that she meant this fight to be over quickly. That was insulting, he had strode with giants, been killed by titans, and faced death and dismemberment by those who counted their powers with the stars. "Fynn...?" He chuckled lightly, "Fynn is dead. He was drowning when he met you on Ilum, you ended him there." He said in her ear in a low rumbling whisper. She struggled, and he considered strangling her right there if it were possible, but it lacked...something, it wasn't worthy of Furion, he would need to defeat her on her feet, force her to admit his superiority. Then maybe if she was worthy, her would give her the sweet release of death.

Still her affinity with the darkside was not in doubt, she had masked her location until the last possible second, a skill which for all his years, was beyond him. Could she be... more...!

"You shouldn't have given me a warning... I know what it is to be hunter and hunted, and I will never be your prey." He released her as he could no longer contain her fury within his physical strength, and backed away a few meters. Watching her with eyes emblazoned by a mixture of contempt and jealously. This was Furion's right hand? Her? She would have to prove it, Kern would not yield to her, not yet, perhaps not ever.

"You want this? To fight me until one of us dies or submits? Excellent, I have hungered for nothing less." He said matter of factly, with a masochistic smile that seemed to belie his seething internal mind.

He located Lallu's form and approached. At full speed, she hadn't used a saber in her assault, and Kern relished the barbarity of unarmed combat, so he returned her attack in kind. Accelerating his own form with the power of the force, he planted himself and sprung forward and unleashed a volley of angry blurry strikes with his fists at the female Twilek's body. He struck in a random non-repeating barrage that targeted her midsection, and then her upper torso with the strength of a beast hungry for violence.

((1)) ((Bring it!))

The absence of light filled the moment of her swift strike with a murky clarity. Her blow toward the fallen Jedi missed by a small margin, but collided with him all the same, sending the pair sprawling into the small clearing. She could feel a sharp pain in her back where it met the ground and the force of his body against hers was rough, but she wasn’t gone. She wasn’t going to black out again. There, surrounded by a halo of gnarled and desiccated, black trees, they grappled. He straddled her in the dirt and held down her body much akin to her nightmares. His bare callused fingers clasped harshly on her throat and his metal arms held her down with a righteous fury that felt out of place. Lallu’s depravity, the tarry black that filled her mind, fed on her painful flashbacks that circled around such movements. Rapists, Murderers, Criminals, Slave masters… Owners, monsters, and demons… They were unworthy of life and unworthy of any peace or justice. Shadows of her past took the place of Kern’s adamant and bloodthirsty gaze. He was an animal. He was unrefined, like her. But he was poisoned…

She looked into Kern’s eyes and saw the remnants of the Jedi that still remained. It was a fallacy to see as it played behind his eyes and one that, considering the predicament, was pleasantly ironic. Lallu’s eyes burst into red fire when his hand met her neck. Each sensation from each finger melted into her already magma psychosis. She fed off of his rage and her emaciated body hungered for so much more. The shadows were sport, but they weren’t substance. This was living breathing tissue, they were dried and cracked. They had no soul, no heart or anything else, but this… This was different. He had so much more in him than they did. Their absence of feeling had deprived her flame of oxygen. She hadn’t seen a spark other than the stifling and usurpation of her own hunger. The feelings in his mind were potent. They swarmed into her like gasoline to a flame. It was wildfire.

She cackled madly under his fingers and her eyes deepened even more behind a shroud of crimson fire. She released her emotions and allowed them to explode from their clouded state. Her body tensed and she sprung up with deceptive quickness when the Jedi’s weakness resurfaced.

He blamed her of warnings when she had no use for words. The warning wasn’t a warning. It was an insult to the Sith he was pretending to be, and a joyful cry for the first real fight she’d had in days. There was no mercy in her eyes. There was no mercy in her reply and there was no mercy in her body.

She stood opposite him in the clearing to quickly seize the area. There wasn’t much to see, but it was something and every second was valuable. Then she tested the dirt beneath her feet with small pulses and went to work. She crouched slightly while the ‘Jedi’ was preoccupied with his monologue and prepared herself for his onslaught. She could feel the beating of his heart pounding against the inside of its fleshy prison and was close to mania in her lust for the meaty taste of his conflicted soul.

He continued to waste time with words, while Lallu saw action. Large men tended to fly blindly into combat; she drew from a history of abuse from men that needed to destroy vulnerability to prove they had strength. The fallen Jedi was filled with rage and anger, jealousy and revenge. They were juicy emotions and Lallu cherished and understood them now, but in Kern’s hands they were clubs. Lallu was still learning, but she knew that emotions needed an edge. They could be harnessed to do so much more and Kern was flying blindly. It took her a while before she understood the signs; before she saw the signs in herself years ago. Once she knew the signs though, she worked and trained her body in the art of finesse. Whether it was combat, dance, or any level of acrobatic and mental work, Lallu did what she could to restrict the beast inside. Only now, in these woods, did that training bear any fruit.

He saw her eagerness to snuff him out as a weakness. He didn't understand. She could hear his thoughts like echoes in the trees, voices in her head, but her rebuttals were never heard. Do not put in more energy than you need, or you’ll get stabbed in the back without a defense to cover it. She learned that a month or two ago when she was being hunted in the forest. She let her feelings free and engulfed herself in raw emotion, but it wasn’t enough. She felt the cold hand of death creeping to reclaim her soul, but she wouldn’t have it. It wouldn’t have her.

She wanted to hit him with enough force to end it, because every blow was meant to kill him; Fight to win, strike to kill…

She harnessed and pulled in her energy. She hogged it like a miser and used it only when necessary. For the last month she did what she could to sustain herself on cannibalistic methods of various kinds and fed off of the energy she could drain from her prey, but they were mealy and coarse. This one was full of potential and she would enjoy every last bit of it.

He came in like a beast, ferocious and wild; Lallu took his anger and used the energy to move herself quickly to the right of his barrage. Two blows grazed her as she slid past, but she didn’t let it faze her. She used her lithe form to dodge his furious blows and moved around to his back. Like lightning, her arms and legs struck out with force enhanced precision and strength: one blow with her index knuckle to the back center of his exposed neck, then another blow with her fist to the center seam of his back armor piece and then a double kick to the backs of his knees. She used the motion and momentum of her double kick to roll backwards on the dirt. The impact was harsh, but her fall was softened by the limpness of her cold body and the moisture on the ground. The entire move took seconds to execute and she was away from him, ready for another bout regardless if he fell or not.

She could feel her hands and her side pumping with the beat of her heart. Her right hand was a little red from punching him in the armor, but she wasn’t concerned about it. Her legs felt a little strained, but she was ready. She bent into another crouching stance and waited for his next move.

This was not a game… It was an art form. If the young Baron could see with his naive indulgent eyes, then he would know. Each stroke had its purpose and came together to form the entire piece in the end; a bloody, tainted masterpiece.

((2))

Keenava Two Suns.png

It took Kern a moment to realize that Lallu's speed was more than a match a for his own, to late however to counter her swift moves. He felt the impact as it jarred his ribcage, but instead of resisting the physical blows, he yielded to them. Each moment of pain a instant of reinforcement of his own resolve. Her kick send him hurdling forwards into the dirt, and he landed with an unceremonious thud in the thick muck of the forest floor. He slid a meter, then rolled to his side carefully, and stopped himself. Coming to his knees he stayed in staunch silence, looking back at Lallu with a mixture of amusement and eagerness. He pined for more, and as he stripped of the ineffective armor that had slowed his movements, he considered his next move while keeping her in sight. The pain from the strike was annoying at first, but then he found it reassuring, in fact it was invigorating. He would use it to fuel his own fury. Always there had been someone standing in his way, very soon now, he would have the power to end them all.

His chest was bare now, exposing a scared body, showcasing the years of wounds he had recieved as a jedi and before that as a soldier. Each scar told a tale, a blaster here, and lightsaber wound there, each had added to the tapestry of his combat experience. Now the fuel that had been his former life was being consumed to create something and someone new, and it would burn eternally as long as he drew breath. He looked up at her, gauging her stamina and her conditioning. He felt her connection with Darkside, and for more then a moment, envied her location so close to real power. To sit at Furion's right side, she had to have ability surpassing that which she had shown so far.

"You fight like someone who has anger and hate, but doesn't wish to show them. Where is that fire Lallu? Where is that tempest who ruined Fynn?

Why are you keeping her from me!?" Kern nearly screamed as he took a moment to study the jungle surroundings. Furion had to be near, waiting to see who the victor would be, he had heard tales of the rule of two as a youth, that a Sith Lord would only take one true apprentice, and the other would be cast out, killed, or horrifically maimed.

Still he feared he was inadequate, Lallu had resided in the darkside longer, and she knew things that he was only now learning. He dared not lose, not now, not here, not to...her. He could feel her hunger, how long had it been since she had eaten? Why? Why the torment unless she had been testing herself? It seemed he was not the only one stretching his limits. It mattered little, he would break her, and in so doing grow stronger from her suffering.

Much was learned when engaging someone for the first time in combat. Things that would escape notice on a tertiary meeting were exposed in the complex dance that was conflict. Lallu he had now learned, had been taught by a master of the darkside to fight jedi. The way she moved wasn't the most elegant or precise, but rather cold, effective, and efficient. She was fueled by the darkside, and Kern now realized that his raw strength and rage was not the only way to defeat her. He had anger enough to last three lifetimes, having the pent up emotions of a lifetime of enforced self control. With those barriers now gone, he was still grasping for his limits. He considered the large trees around them, and reached out. On Kesh he had used his new affinity with the darkside to monitor threats to his burgeoning power, and now here that sense of his surroundings was about to bare fruit. An idea sprung to mind. He would show her the folly of fighting Fynn, when it Baron Kern was who she truly facing. Destruction was what he desired, havoc ran now in his veins, and he would show her why Furion had chosen him. The smile from his face faded at the last moment before chaos reigned.

He took a step towards Lallu, but stopped stretching his hand out in her direction. Concentrating with the force, the trees around Lallu began to shiver and shake, as if an unbelievably powerful yet invisible gale was about to uproot them. The ground shook beneath her feet, and split apart as the root systems of both nearby trees sprung from the ground like deadly staves. Then the trees to her left and right snapped in half and several heavy trunks began hurtling towards her with what appeared to be deadly accuracy. The ashen wood, which represented centuries of hardened growth, threatened to pulverize Lallu's small frame. But just as the limbs threatened to slam into her with impunity, they missed, whizzing by her head as they accelerated into the woods behind her.

Now the true attack came, for in the moment of distraction, Kern had closed the gap between them, using the environment as a distraction to get closer to her. He had no intention of crushing her with flora, and for an instant as she realized his trick, he thought he tasted fear from her. His open palm connected upwards into her jaw, slamming her head backwards. As her brain sloshed to and fro in her skull from the strike, the quick application of pain made him eager for more. The strike was quickly followed by the slicing movement of his knee being brought into a collision with her exposed abdomen. Finally a powerful combination of a backhand, and a powerful application of a force shove that would propel even a prepared opponent backwards, surely sending her to the ground.

"When I become Sith... I will tell my master how I broke you..." He said hauntingly as if the prediction was nothing except assured reality.

Reaching out with the force, his dark eyes widened and glowed orange. He intended to he pull the woman to her feet, and use the darkside technique of a force choke to wrench the life from her form, as a vice squeezed juice from a ripened fruit. Her power would become his, another step on his path. He would never let anything rob him of the joy destroying an object of beauty with his own bare hands.

Edited by Guest

• Silence was the inferno that burned deep inside…

Hotter was the fire that steeped beneath, than the one that blew into a great flame. She silently watched as Kern toppled and burned like a flash in a pan with his tense frustrations. She waited on the balls of her feet listening to his depravity, mocking hers. She knew and considered that death was a possibility with every blow. It took a fool to assume victory was a given, but it also took a fool to give up so easily. She didn’t think he was giving up though. This broken Sith had a great deal to prove. He wanted to hit her head on, so the menagerie bull shit that he was thinking of with the surrounding fauna was extremely entertaining. It was predictable, but Lallu did as she was told. She stood in the path of the stumps and didn’t flinch. Deception was a common nature here in the Umbaran wood. Shadows taught her that lesson the first day she was here. Not that she needed teaching. Nightmares in her past taught her that lesson with every passing misfortune.

Deception was a keen art, but one that required an understanding of your opponent. Kern underestimated her. He had since the start. It was insulting. The pompous Baron was just as arrogant as a Sith as he was as a Jedi. He assumed the sun when he was but a starved flower, aching for the power to grow. Like a bloody wound, he refused to scab and as such was broken. His methods showed this. His speech showed this.

He expected Lallu to be something she was, almost two years ago. She had seen death, tasted defeat, and taken so many shots to her pride since then. Her body was an outward expression of her evident struggle. This is exactly what Furion wanted. Her master wanted her to learn what it was to feel this inevitable and continuous struggle. He wanted her to deny her ignorance; her meek and frail vulnerability was no longer an excuse. She jumped from a moving speeder to the ground and with a few hours of added misery churning in immense pain, she died. She was back from the infinite black and was here for a reason. She had potential and it was only now that she truly realized it.

When his crude deception ended, she could feel the real attack coming. Her head slung back with violent accuracy when her chin met contact with the palm of his hand. She could feel the pressure of his hand bruising her flesh, and felt her neck threaten to snap against her back, but she was limp. Her neck and body responded like gelatin. The pain in her head was immense, but her neck didn’t snap. Her brain was already a mess of inconsolable impulses from days of relying on instinct; her emotions, her passions, surpassed even the smallest thought. She felt a few ribs break with the swipe of his knee, and stab her internally, causing her to cough blood. But she didn’t twitch. Her blood dribbled down the edge of her lips and met at the curve of her chin. The cracks were just more fractures in her petty painting of pain. When he lifted his hand to slap her back and push her through the force, she let it go. She felt the biting sting of his backhand and used the momentum provided by his offered energy to stick her landing on a tree on the edge of the small clearing. Her legs absorbed the impact and were squeezed a little too hard against the wood, but she fell to the soft ground with little trouble. She absorbed the excess energy in Kern's force technique, and added it to her own. She could feel his jealousy, his anger and rage, beating like a war drum in her heart. Her landing cost another bite at her abdomen, but she used the energy that he gave her, to numb her body.

Eager ignorance is not tolerable. Lallu wasn’t arrogant. At least she did what she could to avoid it. She was heaving lightly in the pale fog. Her frail body was indicative of her months spent in this cursed wood. But the strings pulling her will weren’t arrogance, power, hate or anger. Pain, hunger, determination, and resilience were the only things keeping the Twi’lek on her feet. Like a specter she learned to hunt without mercy. No hunger was too great. No action was too irrational or absurd, in a world of darkness...

Kern tried to pull her from the ground to her feet, but she absorbed his attempt and stood of her own accord, making it seem like the fledgling Sith had achieved the desired effect. A corona of energy surrounded her, sucking everything around her into her insatiable body. The gnarled trees continued to shrivel; the grass seemed to wither; and the air was stale. She looked at Kern with a broken smile and eyes that glowed a faint red. He tried to stick his hand out and grab her throat, but he was preoccupied with his monotonous Sith mantra. She played along, but kept her back to the tree she landed on. And when she was ready, a slow silence surrounded the entire clearing.

• He wants to see the beast? HE WANTS TO SEE THE RAGE!?? FINE!!!

Silence erupted into a broiling, furious explosion. The only difference this time was that Lallu was in control, and she was letting it all out. Lallu’s hate, anger, passion, hunger, and pain over the past year coalesced almost immediately into red hot coals burning in her eyes and her body was consumed by crimson light. She used the power she hoarded and let it all out, becoming a living star of burning fury. She saw the entire world around her. An audience of shadows was in the trees; more stood a mile or so away, reading the energies; more loitered in the flora, taking a good look at their former prey lighting on fire. Under his phantom finger tips, she looked at him and laughed maniacally once more. Fireworks played in the mania of her feeble body, hanging like a demonic manikin on corrupted strings. The pain of her broken ribs melted into nothingness as did everything else. Her mind was of liquid hot clarity. Her body was so powerful and extreme that her entire searing world burned mercilessly. Her limbs tingled like crazy and she could feel every dissected neuron as they moved throughout her body.

Using all of that energy; the energy she took the entire fight to build behind her, she shot like a bullet from the tree and toppled Kern to the ground with a ruthless and unforgiving thud. She slammed her knees to the sides of his hips and used her dancer’s legs to pin him down. They were bruised and battered; they were weak from days of travel, but the power flowing in her body rejuvenated her crippled limbs. With a vindictive paw she slammed her hand into his bare chest and ripped him open, exposing him to the elements of Umbara’s cruelty. Her body in proximity to the fallen Jedi was a deep and unyielding chasm of hunger that fed off of all of his energy. Every force technique he readied in his hands, his head, his legs, his eyes… The energy was hers. She used his energy to keep him on the ground and every struggle was met with harsh and cruel punishment.

In a guttural almost demonic sound, Lallu finally spoke. "You can't break what is already broken. You wanted pain, you wanted anger… Now what has it gotten you? I own you… Now DIE!"

With both of her palms together, she used all of the strength she could muster and smashed at his sternum, pushing all the way through his torso and into the ground.

((3))

Keenava Two Suns.png

Pain... excruciating pain... agonizing, remorseless, it shot through his form as he lay broken on the ground underneath Lallu's hands. Somehow she had managed to sap his powers, to syphon them into herself, and use his own connection with the force against him. Her powerful strike had hollowed out a massive crater at least 5 meters wide in the surrounding soil. His torso and most of his body was now submerged in the bog, with her on top still. His chest and head and arms were free, but lay limp, his body layed low by a blow that he didn't imagine her capable of. For a brief moment, Kern felt his mind slip away from his body, the normal reaction to traumatic injury. He saw a dark mass above Lallu's form, waiting a few meters above her. He wondered for a moment if this was Death, or some darkened sentinel at the entrance to whatever lay beyond the mortal coil. It was his own ghost he realized, he wasn't fighting Lallu, he had been fighting his own former weak nature. Now it stood there, mocking him with haunting eyes.

Die... perish... end it here... give in to the inevitable.

"...no..." Kern's voice was muted by his lack of breath. The sky above reacted to the creation of this vortex by the two of them. A driving rain now began to flood the battlefield.

Lallu would probably assume he was talking to her. In fact, his mind was regaining focus. It began at first as a trickle of the force from a place she could not ever touch, a connection that Lallu could not sever. The Darkside was not a liquid commodity that could be stolen away, not by her, and certainly not here. Kern was a magnet for it's never ending flow. The blow she had inflicted had dislocated his leg at the hip, and broken several ribs, possibly even ruptured a kidney. However he still lived, and death would await him a bit longer. In her desire to end him, Lallu had exposed herself, he would never be closer then the intimate straddling she had perpetrated. Her physical legs were strong, and unyielding, but his own desire for revenge, for power, for victory was stronger. He had 'old friends' to visit, planets to subjugate, systems to enslave, he would not be ended here, before his true destiny had been fulfilled.

There was one technique, dangerous and disastrous if it failed, but now there was nothing left but desperation, and so he made certain before he struck. The warriors of Kesh had reminded him of an important lesson, that knowing the anatomy of your prey or enemy was crucial to victory, an injury to the leg, or non-vital area would only wound your prey, but in order to end the hunt, one had to strike for something much more vital. He had learned that the heart... the heart was where the power lay, even in creatures that denied they had one. He had used this power once before, on Kesh, when his rule had been challenged, when he had been nearly mortally wounded, and when his attacker did not know of the extent of his abilities.

"...You...will...never...own...me.",Kern said with a disdainful tone as he took a breath, and felt a surge of power come back to his control. She had broken through his defenses, and attempted to end him with one powerful strike. Now he would return the favor. Before she could retreat, and recover from her vast expenditure of energy, he reached upwards and grabbed her arm and clamping down with all the grip his hands and the force could muster. His other reached to her exposed breast, and as he did so, he imagined Lallu was someone else, someone who he hated more then anyone, someone who had once betrayed him, and had crushed him beyond what he believed was possible for a soul to be crushed. He wanted her to die... to suffer, to be burned in the fires of his hatred, and for everything and everyone who had ever known her or her love to taste ash, and themselves be consumed. Darla...... the name itself brought his subconscious mind to a gateway of power that Kern had never gone. It was here that he found a new rage, a new fault line that became exposed. Out of it poured his malice, his will for ultimate domination, and here he found power howling to be pulled forth on an unsuspecting victim. Kern's hand sparked and crackled to life with power of the force itself... he couldn't project it or target her, but at this close range there was no need.

"Suffer!!"He screamed at her, reveling at knowing what she didn't, at the joy of inflicting a blow that she truly would never see coming.

The power shot through his body, through his shoulder, to his elbow, then down through his hand in an instant, and reacted with the rain as it contacted Lallu's skin. The electrical fireworks lit up the surrounding forest, as streams of dark electrical energy poured through his hands and directly into her heart. It was as if the two of them had completed a circuit of the force, unleashed now at the utmost of Kern's need. Hate filled his his eyes, the concentrated hate that gave one unfathomable power. He could feel the ventricle's fluttering wildly, as they reacted randomly to the wild impulses of the micro electricity. The more Lallu struggled, the harder his vice like grip became. Now he understood, he saw why he had failed at first, he had denied his true nature. He had done nothing to truly surprise her. Now he had shown her, a taste of concentrated power of the force itself. This was Kern, his raw power fueled by desires and impulses that Lallu could not fully understand, for what did she know of the lifetime of betrayal, the pain, the loss, the anger, the rage at his former futility? The crude lightning curled along both of there forms now for a few seconds. But at this close range there was no resisting the out flow of such power, so as he felt his own skin begin to singe, he finally, and totally collapsed, having spent everything he had attempting a deadly final blow.

((3))