Dazed & Confiscated (Complete)

Guest Zonoma

Title: Dazed and Confiscated

Author(s): Zonoma

Characters: Jaina, Lowie, Zekk

Timeframe: post DN

Genre: Silly Humor

Author's Note: This challenge was issued by a friend on the JC. I came up the title, she came up with the summary, and we both wrote a vig within the guidelines of the summary. It was an interesting way to see how differently two creative minds work toward the same goal. I hope you enjoy it! If you are interested in seeing the other author's story and comparing them for yourself please just ask for the link! The original title and summary are as follows:

Dazed and Confiscated: After a wild night of partying, Zekk and Jaina wake up in the Coruscant police headquarters to find their hands in binders, their initials tattooed into each other's ankles, and their lightsabers confiscated by the chief of police.

Dazed and Confiscated

Hands are empty and roomie silent

First to wake and last to comment

Behind those doors, freedom calls

Leave your saber and your walls

My eyes are heavy, my tongue is numb

My teeth are fuzzy, my head too sore

I finally see what we've become:

A Drunken Poet and Divine Wh””

”œRodder, Zekk! Shut UP!”

Lol...nice ending punch line. Very Zekk-like.

Overall, good work. Seemed a bit disjointed, and I kinda wondered why Jaina actually spoke whereas Zekk seemed content enough to just think. Not that it mattered, but it was kinda curious. The whole dream bit seemed thrown in there rapidly, too.

*shrugs* Not as good as Set Forth Good Wine, but a very enjoyable read. The tight bond formed between Zekk and Jaina during Dark Nest was always an interesting one to me. While I don't think this situation would ever happen, it was still cool.

Nice work...I was so excited to see that you posted again!

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Amusing, to be sure. I got a kick out of Zekk's "lyrics"...good job with those! While, like Ami, I can't say I fully approve or agree with DN's progression of Zekk and Jaina's joining, you did a good job here of showing how they are still mentally connected, but bringing it down to a more comfortable friendship level that seems more realistic.

Oh...and poor, poor Lowie!

"It's always these little worlds that get you in trouble. Like Tatooine. I'm still living that one down." - Han Solo

Your barnacle has carnivorous salamanders the size of whales.

"Let us hold unswervingly to the faith we profess, for he who promised is faithful." -Heb. 10:23

• 11 months later...