The 4th Battle for Lechi Town (challenge response) (Fin)

Executioner

((Ok, this is my little retelling of a real training exercise that I was in, told from my point of veiw. I figured that it would be perfect for the challenge, once I tweeked it a little bit. I put it in the present tense, just so you all can get a picture of what a blank fight is like.))

The heavy machine gun in the top floor of the building thunders as we raced through the street, lighting up the night. The even bigger gun attached to the top of White Four fires back with revenge, almost deafening me, making the small pops of my carbine seem like piss in the ocean. My heart pounds, my lungs burn, adrenaline making me sick to my stomach, it feels like my entire chest has been cut open and flogged. It's just a game, I remind myself. Despite the thunderous fire, there are no bullets flying. Casualties are determined by some guy in with an armband, not by a hail of hot lead. No, this not a real battle. It's just a game. The carnage will be a bunch of guys lazing around in the back of a truck, or trying to shut off that damned buzzer on their shoulder. They cries of the wounded will only be complaints of how the OCs are stupid, or how the OPFOR”˜s cheating. No, today is far cry form Omaha Beach. But still, it's damn exciting.

We charge on, ducking behind barriers, stumbling over piles of rubble, finally reaching the wall. Our first ”œcasualty”

Edited by Guest

That was pretty good! Excellent use of the words...I had to go back and look for them, and I still didn't find "flogging". Sounds like an interesting war game. I could have done without the swearing, but it did give the fic a more realistic feeling.

Good to see you writing around here again. I hope the widespread writer's block affecting most of the forum leaves you quickly!

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Well, I used flogged... I figured that a differnet tense of the same word would be acceptable.

My heart pounds, my lungs burn, adrenaline making me sick to my stomach, it feels like my entire chest has been cut open and flogged.

As for the writers block, well, work has been complete chaos lately, I've been working late, and spending my time off trying to fit two tons of gear in a half ton bag. I just hadn't had the time.

Good work! Yeah, another tense of the word is acceptable if you really can't think of a way to use it. At least, in my opinion, though I always work them in... just like in the normal challenges, I consider he/she to be variable...

Good work, though! It had a nice, gritty feel to it. Cut off a bit soon, to me... I thought you could've added more... but it was a nicely done bit of work, and you worked the words in flawlessly.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

• 1 year later...