Five-Word Challenge v. 3.0 (at least!)

Alright....so I can't for the life of me find the old five-word story thread, so I'm making a new one!

As by request, I will put up five words that you have to use in a short story. I'd recommend posting it out in the forum, unless it's really short/pointless and you'd like to post it here. This is kind of a branch off the regular challenge thread, but it seemed there would be some renewed interest in this.

So without further ado...the first five words!

flogging

revenge

beach

cinnamon

plucked

Have fun and good luck!

EDIT:

All right, I came up with my entry...

Dancer's Payment

In a galaxy full of murderers, everyone is seeking revenge on someone”¦

Lahara twirled and spun, her lekku spinning out behind her as she did so. It looked easy, but inside, her mind was reeling. She was engrossed in the music, carefully counting the beats, thinking about which steps came next, how many repeats they did, and what happened after that. She was aware that if Jabba wasn't pleased, she'd get a nasty flogging”¦or worse.

The thought distracted her for a moment, and she almost fell, but turned it into an improvised splits move. Quickly rising again, she found her way quickly back into the correct steps, and scanned the crowd, hoping no one had noticed that it hadn't been planned.

No one had, it seemed, and Lahara breathed a silent sigh of relief. No one was even really paying attention”¦except for one woman, standing off in the corner. The woman had a dancer's slender body and long cinnamon-colored hair, but her eyes were like molten lava. She had been watching the whole dance closely, Lahara realized. It made her uneasy, but she put it out of her mind. She had to finish the dance.

She made her way quickly through the final complicated steps, sinking low to the ground at the finale. A few cheers and claps punctuated through the general noise of the crowd, but Lahara's eyes were on the woman. The Twi'lek slipped back into her spot at the base of Jabba's tail, ignoring the Hutt's brief caress.

Suddenly, the woman came striding forward to the center area right in front of Jabba. ”œMy lord,”

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

I know, I know...I'm a horrible double-poster...

UP!!!

This is an easy thing to do...you all should do it.

Tiana!!! Why haven't you done anything yet? I made this especially for you, you know.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Because I'm trying to find where I put the last couple chapters of Autumn's Game to carry on with that through this! Gah.

Okay, fine, I'll go write something different to match this, since I did demand you bring it back and because I want so deperately to get rid of my writer's block.

EDIT:

HAH!

Challenge response.

XD

Hitting control-b is very annoying, by the way. /random

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Ok, time for the next challenge. Here are your next set of words...

Instincts

dragged

Houses

madman

killed

Have fun with it! I know I did

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Failed Instincts

She should have known better, should have trusted her instincts, but no, that wasn't to be. How could one night turn around so quickly? And it hadn't even been half an hour into her shift at the nightclub. One minute she was serving a drink to a customer, the next her life was in danger, literally turned up-side-down by events that same customer caused. Being pulled by her wrist over the bar in a smooth movement to become the body-shield of some madman trying to escape pursuit. The strength of this man amazing as he threw her around like a rag doll. There was nothing she was able to do to stop him or to get away from him as he fired his pistol into the crowded club. That was until he dragged her out into the alley to make good his escape.

The other man came to her rescue, shooting the man who had taken her hostage, Alana dropping to the ground with a bullet graze to her leg. And then, when she thought she was safe, to have that safety taken from her too. All because she'd witnessed something she shouldn't have... witnessed a murder. No ordinary murder either, the murder of one vampire by another. The moment he held the silver blade aloft, the glint of it before he drove it into the heart of his prey... before she knew it his pistol was held to her forehead. She had froze, unable to look away from his eyes. She had flinched, her ears ringing as he fired at the wall instead of her head. That he hadn't killed her in that alley had given her some relief... relief short lived with the choice she ended up being given. He offered her the protection of both himself and his House, that she would be safe only then. The only thing was... it came with a price.

The time it took for him to get her to his car, and then for him to speed away from the sirens, headed towards the docks where he had a secret warehouse, she had relaxed only somewhat, more questions circling her mind than answers. The times he had glanced at her, now that she thought back on it, should have given her some indication that something was wrong. Trust me to override my better judgment because of a good looking guy... Then when they were in his safe-house, he told her what he was, told her about the Houses. Alana listened with disbelief. All through Christian telling her about the Houses ruling the world, about how common the vampires were and his offer to protect her... the only thing she had to do was agree to become a vampire. She'd never thought they actually existed, thought that they were the figment of someone's imagination for movies or books. How wrong could she be... and now... she was one of them... Alana had become his childe.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

She's asking if she can use the words in the tense provided. Plucks instead of plucked, you know? I think using them in the specific tense provides a challenge, though personally I think it's okay if you alter the tense of one word if you really can't fit it in. I've never done it myself. I'm a genius at forcing characters around.

These words are good. I have a couple ideas. One's humorous and would probably suit Autumn's Game... must resurrect... the other one fits a bit more logically into the set of words... lol.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.