Robin' the hood (A short school assignment.) (Complete)

Bad karma

We were told to rewrite a folktale in an urban setting, had three weeks to do it and as normal I waited to the last minute and came up with this rushed final project. Not that great, but I found it amusing. Comments are welcome. As you might could tell, this is based on Robin hood and I am sure someone has done something similar before.

All was quiet in the city of Nottingham as the stars sparkled in the sky. A lone figure tip toed through a darkened alleyway as stealthily as he could in an attempt to get closer to a dilapidated building that housed a notorious Sheriff. Now normally this man, known only as Robin when on the job, would avoid such places as this and opt to travel with his gang of married men, but the sheriff had assigned one to many traffic tickets to the innocent people that occupied this Ghetto.

He only wished to meet his quota and didn't care who had to pay what in order for him to do so and that was his mistake. Robin was well known for extracting a swift vengeance on those who wronged him and his, taking from the guilty so that the innocent would be better off with the harsh hand of cards they had been dealt in life.

Robin's ears twitched; someone was at the door buzzing an occupant of building. Since one had to know someone who lived in the building or have a key to get in, he considered this his chance and dashed for the corner of the house. The shadows in front of the house were, oddly, considerably deeper then the ones in the alley, perhaps because there was a light just over a door towards the back side of the building.

A roguish smile crept onto his face as he snuck towards the stoop and waited for the delicate, lithe figure of a woman to enter into the building. She stepped inside and left the door to swing closed by itself. In a single swift movement he was over the side of the stairs and holding the bottom edge of the door. He waited for a moment, glancing around suspiciously to see if anyone was watching. Not a soul on this street; that was good. They all knew to avoid it due to the sheriff.

Before entering the building he ran his bony finger down the listing of names near the door. Fifth floor, room two listed the name he sought after. He casually walked into the building and up the stairs that were directly across from the doorway. It wasn't exactly smart or safe to move at a turtles pace, yet he was arrogant and his pride had surged when entrance to the building was gained with such ease.

Hall lights flickered and bugs scurried across the hall as he stepped onto the top floor. There were only five doors up here, one of them being that of the Sheriff. Checking his watch, he noted that it was five past twelve.

”œThe old man should be asleep by now,”

Carnage.jpg

Pretty good. Interesting use of the characters, with your traditional twists and word choice that I find in most of your work.

There are a few spelling and grammatical errors in it, so I hope your grade doesn't get docked too much for those.

But nice work overall.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

A very good piece of work, BK. I certainly enjoyed. The had the characterization of Robin down quite well and did a good job putting him into a modern setting. I actually don't see a reason why you couldn't make it longer, and I honestly wish that you would. It has all the potential to be a longer story...but I get the feeling that we won't be graced with more of this.

But, good job. Post here more frequently, would ya?

Obi-Gones-Award.gif

"The circle is complete! Now I [Obi-here] am the angst Master!"

• 1 year later...