Fan Fic Cast - January 2007

Obi-here

This is our first fan fic cast...it's not as professional as the JCast you're used to...we don't have music or anything in the background, but Ethro and I hope that you enjoy it nonetheless.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c22ecd/

Also, if interested, here's a blooper we had when we weren't on the same page.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/c53f9e/

EDIT: Okay...the file site I used isn't working for some reason. It requests people to log in and register in order to download the file. If anyone has a site that I can upload this at please tell me. I hope to have this all straightened out soon. Just hang in there.

Edited by Guest

Obi-Gones-Award.gif

"The circle is complete! Now I [Obi-here] am the angst Master!"

Scroll down the page a bit where they'll have two options for download - Premium (ignore) and below that is the basic download. Click that. It will then ask you to type down letters they have on the screen to show you're not a bot or something...then you should be on your way. I apologize if it's confusing...this is our first one and we're still filling everything out.

Obi-Gones-Award.gif

Strange. Right after entering the Verification Code it should say "Click here to begin download." It'll start downloading right away once you click it...It's towards the bottom of the page, past all those darned adervtisements on top.

Obi-Gones-Award.gif

I managed to get it to download, but I had a lot of difficulties. Get a different file host. I'm listening to the podcast now. Heh.

EDIT:

Tee-ANN-AH Cal-THAY. <--that's a long a. You nearly got it right. Mostly, you did the standard mispronounciation of my first name. I'll be sure to get on the next podcast and tell everyone how to prounounce it. XD

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

I plead no for YouTube, I want to be able to listen to these. Try http://www.sendspace.com/

I've never had any difficulties downloading from it, anyway. Heh.

Oh, yes, and I might as well answer one other question sort of directed to me here.

Jarsen's hat is an embodiment of his soul and an extension of the universe. That is all. Now stop worrying about it!

Seriously, it might be. It's not a huge plot device. It's simply a strong character trait inserted for word filler up at the beginning. I mean, yeah, it later does become a minor plot device of a sort, but... eh. Heh.

Good podcast, by the way. I'd like if you could work in music and stuff, and more voices... interview people about their fics and stuff. I'd cooperate. XD

Oh, yes, and the book covers thread should be resurrected... heh. I have a couple mini ones I never did post. Bleh.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Yeah... second thoughts on youtube... either continue with the one you're using or another where it can be downloaded to a PC... I could actually download this one...

Oh... It was a good job you did but you'll have to be PATIENT when it comes to the Awards... oh... I hope that chopper comes with a water tank... you can put out some bushfires while you're trying to chase me down...

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Then post em. That'll bring it back to the top.

Yeah re-host it somewhere, or email it to me.

I'm going to, today after church. But it's a bit late (very), so I'm not going to go through the pains of uploading on Photobucket right now. I want to finish the cover for LoS too, since when I say mini, I mean MINI. XD

We've be being patient for a month now!

But, yes, it was really good. I enjoyed it. It's fun hearing you guys blathering about fanfic. Heh heh.

spsig.jpg

Obi-gone...you sound at least 10x the age of Ethro.

Nokrt, I'm going to kill you.

He's 2 years older than me, so shut up.

ttfsig14zh2.jpg

"According to this website, you should never trust the source of an online quote." --Abraham Lincoln

Nah... Obi-Gone doesn't sound so much older as Ethro sounds... geekier. No offense. I thought you guys had cool voices. And at any rate, I sound like Jen Kenobi should in real life.

spsig.jpg

Ethro, I may only be two years older than you, but that doesn't change the fact that my voice is much lower and older sounding than yours. So deal with it.

Well, I added music, and by doing so, the file has become 113 mb...much bigger than anyone here wants to download, I'm sure. This proves how much I know about podcasts. I wish there was some way to trim it down in file size, but I'm afraid I don't know how. Anyone have any suggestions?

And thanks, Tiana, for the link. I'll be using that from now on.

Obi-Gones-Award.gif

I think that would be an awesome idea. Do an in-depth interview with one ficcer a month looking at inspirations, techniques they use, current stories, ideas in the works etc....start with some of the older ones who have been around for a while...HJP, Skye, myself, Kiara if you happen to be able to get her, Mythie maybe if she ever pokes her head again.

Member of Jnet Addict Club 12/05

Order of the Nocturnal

thunderpie.png

Downloading now, this is an interesting idea guys.

First Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I've got about 3 minutes into it, and with Ethro you sound like Igor with Obi-Gone as the like evil master dude.

"Yes, master."

Second Edit: Okay, it was interesting guys, and I enjoyed it, but Ethro I still can't get over your voice.

silassig-1.jpg

Proud member of the JNET Addicts Club since November '05

Lol at Ethro's voice comments...the biggest thing, I think, is the comparison with Obi-Gone's. But we love you anyway.

As for the idea of interviews...I agree that it sounds like an awesome idea. It'd be really cool to hear other ficcers and see what they have to say about writing, SW, fanfic, and inspiration in general.

*must get a mic and see if her computer still has Skype...*

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.