Krayiss II

King Kheldar vos Correlli

When the Mandalorians emerged from their cover seemingly victorious they could still hear guttural sounds of anguish that leaked from the path further down the corridor. The sounds were macabre to say the least, but each Mandalorian stood their ground and offered no sympathy; their condolences rested with the equivalence of their employment and the assurance of future for their clans.

Jaraht held his hands firmly out to restrain the Mandalorians from rushing, but even the older lord could tell that the mercenary squad before them was reeling in anguish before the might of plasma weapons. This was a fairly presumptuous notion, but he felt it was his right to make such judgments when such horrible sounds streaked from forces that were supposedly trained to handle this.

With a small but slighted gesture of humanity Jaraht let the Mandalorians loose and as the smoke cleared the squad of 30 Mandalorians swarmed the pack of mercenaries lying about the floor dead, dying or gravely wounded. Something caught Jaraht's eye though and once the bulk of Jaraht's squad covered the distance, he could see what looked to be a merc captain and two men holding their guns and prepped to fire. The Lord possessed some HUD capabilities void of his other squad members, but he could see the glint of their guns slightly from where he stood...

"Careful" Jaraht said through easy low decibel tones, "hostiles with guns still alive"

Jaraht took this as a sign of good training when some of a force remained regardless of its overall status. It showed excellent attention to certain things that even a Mandalorian hunter could admire, but, as this captain was the only thing standing between Jaraht and settlement in this conflict, the Mandalorian Lord ordered all Mandos to get the energy blasters they had and fire herds of stun blasts at the remaining Captain and his officers. His intentions were to imprison the poor guy not to restructure his entire force out of carved entrails.

"3... 2... -1" labored Jaraht as he cut his counting short for favor of saving face - literally.

It seemed the Captain was packing hard and Jaraht dodged an energy bolt the size of his face. Immediately the hall was lit up with beads of powerful incapacitation, but in the wake of the captain and his officers' knock out, they managed to pick off two Mandos. The loss was nothing significant in figures, but respected nonetheless. Both Mandos got to go out protecting the needs and ideals of their people and that was all that really mattered for them.

When the captain finally fell, he shot nasty glances at the lot of the Mandalorians for their "crimes" and despite how heartfelt they were about his losses, the Mandalorian squad members kicked him several times in the head as they cuffed him for their loss in manpower. Meanwhile, as a group of Mandalorians wailed on the captain, other Mandalorians managed to find and kill a handful of Ysalamari, kill mortally wounded remaining mercs and stun the handi-capable future surviving mercs.

The Officers were cuffed and unconscious and although Jaraht felt at a loss for words as to what to do with the group, spying left and right for a creative outlet, he looked around and within the span of 10 minutes saw an over sized closet that was just nice enough; the walk in space was just large enough to fit three to six bodies and he knew this ship had a strong sense of cleanliness even though the inevitable was doomed to die from the beginning of the battle.

With this, a momentary reprieve in the Mandalorian's reactionary conditions, Jaraht noticed a bit further down the hall another little spat burning the inevitable victory of this war beneath their feet. This one just happened to be with a Sith friendly and although Jaraht felt a little tactical integrity would've been valued, the Mandalorian Clan lord walked up to the man in charge of Fixer's squad with his other Mandalorians in toe and held his large concussion rifle to the man's head and waited for a few moments for the feeling to sink in.

"Call off your dogs or suffer a moment of complete facial restructuring..."

(( I wish to nullify this duel))

b9bOzf7.png

<< Look at the bottom of the Character Sheet >>

((I guess I can go with that Vihk consider it nulled, sorry Fixer but maybe another day we shall have another chance at this right now I just don't totally feel up to it whereas before I was maybe next time as I said.))

Within moments the mandalorian's had breached just as Lucifer finished carving one of the men up. Within moment his sith allies turned up coming up straight through the floor forcing Lucifer to quickly jump through the breach he had created in order to avoid the onslaught...afterall he had no desire to die as a friendly fire incident.

The kiffar just looked as destruction was brought upon any that was not one of them, once the carnage had subsided somewhat he proceeded to jump back inside followed by the rest of his troops, the odds seemed to be against the man who had thought it wise to attack the young sith. As he moved himself inside Lucifer unleashed hell just as much as his sith comrade in arms, taking out another Ylsamari wielding opponent by first rolling up behind him and then impaling him with the vibrosword he held in his other hand before systematically slicing outwards while his sabre across his neck forcing the man to gurgle slightly as his head rolled off before dropping, Lucifer simply stamped on the Yslamari with him once his corpse hit the ground. He could feel the abyss of space about him, it was lucky that he was equipped with a pair of mag boots and a vacuum suit or he would have been torn out with those who were not secured.

Within that moment the kiffar looked to the jedi master who stood at the centre of the carnage...since the mandalorian's had handled the rest. Lucifer called out to him as he set his sabre to stun and placed his vibrosword back in it's sheathe before taking out the baton he had on him but had yet to use, if the man continued to resist despite the presence of two sith masters, an apprentice and several mandalorian's. He may have been a Jedi Master but Lucifer knew he was no fool, if he could place him in a moral dilemma he would have few choices remaining.

Lucifer spoke his point cutting across clear with a hint of malice ot it,

''Give up now Jedi or see your men fall before your very eyes before we make you.''

Lucifer gestured to the Mandalorian Clan Lord to line up those he had captured, he would make the choice simple either he gave up or he would be responsible for many deaths, deaths which Lucifer knew would weigh heavily on the man's soul...that was if he were truly a jedi. Lucifer looked to Dath Arcanus and Torin before looking back to the jedi admiral.

''Make your choice quickly admiral before your choice is made for you.''

Within moment the Jedi Master had made his choice sending the two sith masters into the wall, most unwise in Lucifer's opinion since he choose instead to run. Lucifer looked to the men who remained feeding on their fear before shaking his head and summarily setting his sabre to the kill setting again before removing each of the prisoner's heads the sadistic motions of the kiffar becoming evident as he let another smile stretch across his lip with each cut, the admiral had paid for his escape a heavy price...the question was if the price was worth paying for his freedom.

Edit - The post has been edited to emphasize the points that Onderin pointed out to me in the Battle Discussion thread.

Edited by Guest

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

The fleet battle continued basically in the fashion in which it had proceeded thus far. The two fleets were trading blows, each were losing vessels both large and small, and it was unclear which side would become victorious. The missile ploy the Empire had used turned out to be somewhat more effective than it had first appeared, and soon two of the staunch Mon Calamari Star Cruisers were effectively out of the picture. In the process, however, they had waded through Imperial warships, and the fighter battle, as it always traditionally had, was going generally in the New Republic's favor.

Their tactics having worked thus far, the New Republic stuck with what they knew was effective--the tight dual-reliance of Star Cruiers and Lancers on each other, the back-line Interdictors and Quasar-Fires providing their individual efforts through system interdiction and starfighter support, respectively, and the use of the Imperial warship screen to mitigate the effect the Star Destroyers were having.

The Inevitable was a mess, in short, its part in the battle almost nonexistent. And yet so much was happening aboard that potentially carried the weight of the battle on its shoulders....

---------------

One of the things that was happening aboard was the work of one Montgomery Wresser, one of the best slicers in the New Republic armed forces. He was sitting in a still-intact computer room with armed guards and a support team of other experiences hackers and counterhackers, and he was doing everything he could to hold the Inevitable together a little longer--at least, as far as digital security went.

In short, he was counterslicing an amazing Darkwatch program that had seized the power frame. The program was thankfully somewhat limited--the power frame itself didn't have the ability to take control of cruiser defenses, changing the Inevitable's allegiance in the battle either externally or internally. Wresser was doing everything in his considerable power to keep it from gaining those capabilities while also combating its current hold on systems.

----------------

Meanwhile, on the bridge, Onderin Starlisk had entered a fight for his life. Countless times he had been in battles where his life was at risk, and several times he had lost these battles. One would almost think him masochistic the way he kept throwing himself into the mix. Over the years, he had taken up a variety of weapons from fleets to his lightsaber against Emperor and Dark Lord. There were losses, and there were victories. When there was the latter, there was momentum, and when there was the former, there was learning.

The Jedi Master had learned a lot over the years. He was still a humble, middle-aged man with still-blond hair and a goatee, not impressive in bearing and wearing a simple Jedi robe with an out-of-place rank insignia fixed on his chest and the weight of his experiences pressing down on his demeanor, but with that terrible burden of all these years of responsibility also came wisdom and skill and intuition.

Intuition, the sense that the Force gave him, was what would save him today, if such a feat was possible. He had never before encountered the technique that was now employed against him, but the Force could make improvisation look rehearsed, and as Onderin's lightsaber leapt into his hand and ignited he was also springing toward the back of the bridge, clearing narrowly a spinning Sith Lord and still feeling a wash of electric energy tear through his body.

Over the years, he had learned how to deal with such energy, and with concentration that had been a hallmark of his years he was able to recycle it, pull it into himself without being damaged by it, and convert it into beneficial energy he could use. And use it he did. Stretching out with his expanded senses, the Admiral pushed and sent his whirling assailants spiralling toward the hole in the bridge, where hopefully they would get sucked out into the abyss.

But this was not the chief use he had planned for the energy he had harvested. Expanding his senses even more, he got a brief picture of the entire battlefield, and in a moment that applied his years of perfecting the technique of Battle Meditation, he picked one and latched on.

Putting aside that connection for a moment, he threw open the bridge blast door, working to escape the decompression that the Sith had created by retreating towards the door. Sucked past him were some of the results of the carnage that had been taking place in the hallway, and with Force-enhanced reflexes Onderin snatched with his offhand a sonic pistol that he figured could come in handy in the minutes to come.

Win or lose, the Force is with me. I believe that through me it can accomplish any end, and that good will always triumph over evil when all is said and done. May the Force be with me and choose me as a vessel of that truth right now, he thought, the Force flooding through his body as the situation around him washed away and he became utterly focused on the moment, on what the Force willed to happen, and on the movements his body would need to perform in order to achieve those goals.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

The two Sith didn't travel more than a few feet when they came to a stop and were placed within range for magnetic seal. The light show had worked exactly as predicted, driving the fugitive into a snare he did not see. The best lessons come from family.

One of Dagon's uncles had been an illusionist during good times and con man during bad times, and he had taught Dagon that the eye and the mind always follow the flash, to the exclusion of everything else. That's how a deceiver works, flourish with one had, do the job with the other. The Sith, the Mandalorians, they were all flourish, employed to distract the enemy from the true threat. Flanking from a number of directions, Darkwatch pariahs deactivated their camo fields and unleashed stun blast after stun blast on the unsuspecting admiral, while their unspeakable presence ripped the Force from the room, depriving the admiral of his attachment to the Force and filling him with unnatural dread and nausea. Behind him, the blast doors closed and were frozen shut as Dagon still the air around them.

In the bridge, Darkwatch slicer teams recovered mission critical data and files, along with past logs and anything else that might be of use, before beginning information warfare on the rebel fleet. With access to the rebel command suite, havok amongst the rebel fleet ensued.

OOC((Capture shot requested.))

MGw9G2u.jpg

There was no words between Hirolaah and Juryiak when the order came from the bridge to lockdown the entire level of the hanger bay, they knew already that any such orders would be diverted and canceled out. At least the firewall we set up is working. A bark from one of his warriors informed him that they Imperial troopers had begun to cut the door open after they had successfully sealed it shut from their console. While he knew that even with the Imperials forces bottlenecked and his forces with better vantage points, they would only be able to hold them off for so long. They would need to hold an ace in the hole soon.

Working with as much speed as he could, the two had managed to open a patch into the Imperial main system, but the problem was, they didn't know which command function would operate best under the circumstances. Unlike their original plan, the reactor core wouldn't be accessed from the bridge, let alone from any other port that they would attempt to use. That was a location only requirement to bring it down, and they had no such luxury they couldn't afford at the moment. Taking full control over bridge system could easily be done, but it wouldn't serve them at all, as they wouldn't be able to lock out both the bridge and the auxiliary bridge as well. No, they needed something more concrete then sealing them out of control.

A sudden loud noise forced Hirolaah to peek up from his position of cover to see what it was. The Imperial forces managed to finally cut through the door and began to file through to engage them Wookiee forces in combat; However, the way that the Wookiee forces setup their command post in the hanger bay forced the stormtroopers to file through their bottlenecked area one by one in a single file line, making it an easy picking for the Wookiee forces. Hirolaah allowed for a smile to overtake his face as he lowered himself back into his cover position and began to go back to work on hacking through the Star Destroyer's systems.

Edited by Guest

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

...and again with the nulling.

Saberforce, if engineers allowed the ship's self-destruct to be accessed from the hangars, then all boarding actions would be very short indeed. You cannot activate the self-destruct from the hangars, and I have to question the legitimacy of slicing anything of value, besides local doors, from the hangar bay.

Furthermore, just how you managed to fake a comms alert from another ship by slicing the comms- from the hangar again, no less- is beyond me. And this is discounting how seriously Imperial officers would take a warning supposedly broadcast from a brother ship in Shryiwook.

Activating the self-destruct from the hangar is nulled, and although I won't null the message sent to the bridge, I would wager that the bridge officers would have to be very stupid indeed not to identify the origin of the message, and furthermore, not to notice that it was a wookiee sending the message.

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

((Note I am the Sith refered to in the Imperial's post and these are the troops. Had a bit of trouble posting, this is what should have been up like 2 days ago.))

Few words actually needed to be spoken to the bounty hunter. A number of objectives and briefings, were soon uploaded to him. Standing motionless, he scrolled through them all, including the camera feed of the hanger.

He made a mental note of the numbers, speed of the hackers in controlling the hanger bay, and number of wookiees lost. Had control of the hanger not been lost, he would have simply told the Imperial to vent the animals into space again. No matter how well the dug in, the rugs still needed to breathe.

He was given access to all he needed, and he knew immediately he would need a diversion. While the wasting of Imperial lives was no big in his book, having them pin down and confound the wookiees would be useful. Talking to a stormtrooper captain, the task was delegated to regular imperial army men stationed onboard the ship.

With everything set in motion he strode of the bridge, and instantly disappeared from camera, as he crossed into the hallway. Just the briefest of static crossed the screen. One that lasted long enough for him to move out of sight. It was a passive power of his, no longer fearing the need to show up on camera, and creating little to no record of his actually presence in and around an area.

He knew wookiees like the back of his hand. He had spent more time on the god forsaken planet than perhaps even Courscant. He had visited their shadow lands and felled the animals there. Not out of a simple test of his own prowess but, as a way to show his utter disgust with the species. He had captured them, caged them used them for target practice with both weapons and the force. He had watched their bodies twitched as he induced heart attacks inside of them, and felt their spirits break through other means. Naturally he had also been ambushed by the fearsome and quite bothersome animals, and he knew how fast they moved. Their tolerance for pain, suffering, and how to bring down multiple raging wookiees. The only reason why the galaxy feared these creature's rage was because they didn't know it like he did. How to trigger it, deal with it, let it destroy them.

The sad thing was, it was more for sport or hobby than anything on why he tormented these creatures so. His highest point having been to cage a wookiee Jedi Master inside of his own mind, and order his shaving. That was back at a different time.

He was approaching the hanger where the fuzzballs had holed up. His helmet read that Imperial forces were moving to his position. He had beaten them here. Typical. He could see the where the wookiees were thanks to the technological assistance granted to him by his helmet. Yet he knew where they were in the force. He could sense the strong muscular frames that accompanied the five warriors. He marked the one that seemed to be the leader on his battle computer as number one. The other wookiees where given designators that followed suit soon afterward.

Had it been any other man, or the Imperial forces, there was little doubt in his mind the Wookiees would have known of their presence. But for the Bounty Hunter known as Slicer, he knew thew were blissfully unaware he had arrived. After all he had been inside many a wookiee's head. He knew how they worked down to a science, and he knew how to disgusie himself to be undetectable to wookiee senses. They wouldn't even get a whiff of him.

The sounds of boot on durasteel was filtered to his ears, as the Imperial forces arrived. Bending the light around him, the forces moved past him with out even noticing his existence. Instead they immediately filled into the hanger. The first one fell immediately but the other one's quickly learned of the enemy's position and set up accordingly. Carrying riot shields, the one in the front, took the brunt of the wookiee's opening bid, while the other Imperials lobbied EC detanators at the entrenched position of the wookiees.

This was the diversion that he had ordered. Attempting to simply stun the wookiees and fry their gear before he himself moved in. Using the cover of fire of imperial forces, he slipped into the hanger unnoticed. A small beep and the Imperial forces with drew in retreat as if admitting they were unable to break through the enemy's formation. Or at least moving to keep from being ripped apart by an angry wookiee. Having moved in only to lob their grenades, they filed out just as fast and set up a shielded position outside of the hanger door. While they couldn't get at the wookiees, the wookiees couldn't get at them. That is until the moved, and attempted to go through the door. At which point the waiting imperials would tear through wookiee flesh with high powered blasters.

One of the Imperials even taunted the wookiees, once he was safe outside. "You wanted the Hanger so badly, consider it yours and you under house arrest!"

Slicer only smirked. The Imperial would need work on snappy lines to deliver to enemies. Had he done it, he would have simply gone with your under house arrest.

He took note of the precut door way, and teh dead stormtroopers around it. He could have perhaps made short work of the door way himself but it didn't matter. He was in. Like a shadow in the dark he appeared to the Wookiees, as he moved his way toward the vantage spot he was working for. The Imptierals outside kept up with their taunts. Daring one or more of the wookiees to come outside and face them in the open. Instead of the bottle neck position that the Wookiees had given themselves. He could only smile at their massive balls.

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship

((No fleet actions in this post, just Onderin.))

<< Defense Post >>

As Onderin retreated toward the back of the bridge, he took a deep breath, knowing that in all liklihood he would run out of air well before he reached another oxygen-rich environment. However, he was versed in Jedi techniques that would help him considerably, not only to restrict his use of oxygen and thus make it last, but to continue to function without it until he could at least get his hands on a breath mask.

The other thing he did as he retreated quite possibly saved him--he fired his sonic pistol at the Sith and troopers that were entering the bridge through the front viewport. Sonic weapons, of course, fired a spread of energy, and the Admiral had set the weapon for maximum spread even at the loss of damage because, frankly, he was focusing on retreating more than he was on aiming.

What happened was unexpected--he hit a target that he hadn't seen. A Darkwatch trooper of some sort seemed to materialize out of thin air, either dead or incapacitated by the sonic blast. Onderin's confusion was transient as he worked out what happened--the man hadn't been present in the Force, which meant either there was an ysalamir involved or, perhaps, the man was a pariah. What it meant even more importantly was that there could possibly be more of them aboard, and Onderin reflexively reached out with his senses to see if he could find more holes in the Force--just as the holes enveloped him.

All thought consumed by intuition, Onderin Starlisk leapt toward the fallen man, firing again with his sonic weapon to make sure that one was dead. More pariahs appeared as Onderin hit the deck, the dead man the only hole in the otherwise perfect net. Stun bolts leapt around and toward him, and even as he managed to clear the bubbles in which the Force did not exist, his stomach rebelling against him, some of the stun bolts hit him.

But he had the Force again. At times in his past, he had been able to absorb energy from Force lightning to the occasional blaster bolt. He didn't like doing it, but it was useful in a pinch. Regardless, had the bolts striking him been killing bolts, he would not have survived. However, as they were stun bolts, he managed to grab the energy of several bolts even as his lightsaber flashed and batted aside a few more.

And he put that energy to use. Calling again to his mind the link he had previously established with a Republic crewman a ship away, he fed the man a command, performing an acute act with the boost in energy he had received.

The man was a gunner in an adjacent Star Cruiser, and with pinpoint accuracy fed to him by the Force and Onderin's command, he put a pair of turbolaser bolts right where Onderin needed them--on the front viewport.

Onderin's retreat had taken him far enough away from the viewport that, with a little luck, he would be safe from the turbolaser strikes, but due to circumstances and his own efforts to push the spinning Sith down to that end of the bridge, each of them were subject to the devastating salvo.

<< Killshot Requested against all Sith on the bridge >>

((I cite my previous post as extensive setup for this defense post and killshot.))

3C12kbA.png

((If that's how it's got to be))

<>

Lucifer felt good now that the force had returned to him once the Ylsamari had fully been dispatched however something just didn't feel right. Somehow he just knew through either intuition, gut feeling or the force that something bad was about to happen on the bridge and so he instantly set to action once the prisoners were disposed of by running down the corridor in pursuit of the Jedi Master only to be hit back by the sonic blast not that this deterred him.

Although momentarily blown back the kiffar recovered rather quickly and continued on his pursuit motioning the other sith and the mandalorian's to follow suit. If the admiral wanted to play hardball then that's how it was going to be. Moving closer Lucifer saw the admiral with the pariah's dispatching of one of them, the sith kiffar thought of the only thing possible as his robotic eye locked onto the designated points of the rebel scums body...he threw two of his only remaining flashbangs at the admiral landing them at his feet. While he was distracted fighting the pariah's the blinding flash would in affect momentarily stun and disorientate him giving just enough time to allow the sith to close in and subsequantely from that approach him from behind. Lucifer proceeded to roll up in a quick and precise notion behind the man to jab into the base of his spine at the neck with the stun baton he possessed, the aim of course to incapacitate the man by forcing him to his knees, the natural reaction after being stunned in the spine while he was distracted.

Lucifer held the baton pressed down while at the same time using his sabre sliced across the back of his knees and ankles in an attempt to subdue him. With any luck the admiral would drop as the continous flow of electricity flowed directly through his nervous system aided in part by the incapicitation of his legs, this along with the stun darts from the pariah's would cultimate in his capture.

<>

((I cite my first and second posts as extensive setup for my defense post and capture shot))

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

Jaraht's eyes darted about slowly as things happened quickly. In fact the speed at which events happen began to mush together all sense of cognitive chronology, but Jaraht managed to focus on one thing.

After Lucifer managed to wrap up loose ends with Fixer, Jaraht managed to move back into the hall he was in previously; the one in which he dispatched Captain Erahei's men. It seemed though that something didn't sit right. There was an uneasy feeling around the Mandalorian Clan Lord that made him feel... Well, queasy...

The images in his HUD began to blur slightly as his vision hazed, but as he backed up, his vision felt as if it were getting better. It was like there was a field of sickness radiating from some end of the bridge corridor. Strangely enough, when the admiral managed to penetrate the bridge's blast door a herd of people lit up from no where and began raining down a fury of stun blasts like crazy.

Seeing as how the pariahs were in the hall the whole time and hadn't fired on the Mandalorians milling about, Jaraht made the conclusion that they were on the same side. So, ordering all the Mandalorians to imitate their actions, Jaraht pulled out a small blaster pistol and started firing at the admiral with the same stun-like intention. I know it isn't much but it is going to take a great deal to bring this sucker down...

<< Capture Shot Assist >>

b9bOzf7.png

((Capture shot assist of Onderin ))

Draken spun through the air, his path guided by the force as he latched onto an overhead bar and moved around the pillar as he saw Onderin moving so that he was behind Onderin. Quickly he activated one of the of the countermeasures that he carried. The countermeasure unleashed several score of tiny needles towards Onderin, each contained a paralyzing agent strong enough to down a three full grown wookiees if they had not taken the antidote to it which the sith had been given by Draken on Serenno.

This poison had already been tested on both a wookiee and a Jedi during the battle of Gala. Reaching out with the force, he directed several needles into Onderin's body, two his left side under his arm and placed two more in the back of his neck on with side of his spine. Landing easily on the ground with a console between him and Onderin, he held his crystal staff with its cortosis strand woven through it at the ready, the spear tip of the staff laced with yet more of the paralyzing agent.

E nomini patri, et Fili e spiritu sancti.

Hirolaah then got an idea that could force some breathing room, or if it failed, massive amounts of death. Using his slicing abilities, he programed the shield and doors around the hanger bay to open, and once opened, to remain open, as he would lock out the ability to close it instantly. True, it would kill himself and his crew, but it would also take away the Pet known as Slicer and the troops within the area.

<>

(Short, but to the point.)

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

It was sudden and it was vicious. It didn't start with a whitle but instead with a mighty roar. The Imperial troops outside of the hanger had no idea what was coming. With the door wide open, when the hanger began to vent, they were almost surely doomed.

Air sucked at them and quickly began pulling them back toward the door upon which they had exited from after lobbying their grenades. How their grenades had had no effect on the wookiees was a debate for another time. Even the computer systems had been unaffected by the grenades, which only meant the Imperials must have top notch computer systems, even in their hanger bays.

Using each other as braces, they stopped themselves at the door, while the air was being brutally ripped from their lungs. Meanwhile for Slicer.... well all was pretty peachy actually.

Did the blasted wookiee just vent himself and his men into space? Either he is a terrible slicer, or that is a massive waste. Seven dead animals all the same.

Slicer, was fully prepared for the effects of a total vacuum. With out even pausing he sealed his suit up, and he was an in instant space suit. He quickly braced himself, to weather the sudden roar and loss of air. As he felt his feet leave the deck he knew he was in trouble. Activating his jet pack, he canceled out the momentum and fluttered back down to the deck, just as the secondlast of the wookiees sped past him toward a cold icy grave.

Seeing his potential paycheck fly right before his eyes, he reached out with the force. Bending the force to his will to do his bidding, and created a pull that brought the leader of the wookiees crashing to the deck. The wookiee, suffering the effects of lack of air, and sudden intense cold, with out having been out in space yet, was momentarily subdued.

Whatever caused the wookiees to vent themselves would remain a mystery. After all, they couldn't possibly have known the master assassin was moving into position to strike. He had hid from all of their senses. The only beings they could have been trying to kill besides themselves would have been the Imperials that had been waiting outside of the door. Even those were more or less unaffected. Or would be if he could get to the now vacant console left by the wookiees.

Using his jetpack to now move in the airless zone, he reached the console and quickly jacked in. The wookiee had done a fine job, but with in moments, Slicer had rewritten what the wookiee had accomplished and gave control of the hanger back to the bridge. Well right after he closed the bloody door.

"I'd better still get paid." he said to no one in particular, still shocked that most of the wookiees had killed themselves. Retrieving his prize, he pumped two darts into the wookiee to keep it sleeping, as air was restored back to the creature and to the hanger.

<>

Slicer.jpgMy sig is my profile...

ship

It had taken time, but the freighter had finally arrived at Krayiss II in response to the Republic's call for help. Gavin sat in the cockpit, amazed at the amount of destruction in front of him. The Empire and Republic had certainly made a mess of things. Gavin activated the comm system and sent a message to the Republic Forces.

--Comm--

Republic Fleet, this is Jedi Knight Gavin Ryaro. My apprentice and I recieved your distress signal. Where do you need us?

--End Comm--

gavinryaro1.jpg

"All that is nessacary for evil to succeed is for the good men to do nothing." -Lt. Roy Sanders

A swirling black cloud enveloped the small padawan, carrying his thoughts and feelings far beyond the metallic realm of the freighter. Visions of past, present, and future appeared to Ulan in blurry forms. Some were easily translated messages from the Force, while others remained cryptic as if the great energy liked keeping some things secret and hidden.

Most notably, Ulan's feelings carried him to a reflection on the events at Bespin.

What is good and evil, Ulan? It was a good question asked by the Dark Lord. I gave you a very specific task, but without answering the Dark one's question you will never fulfill your destiny. Awaken, find yourself rejuvinated, and go to your master. He will lead you down the right path even if it is not the same path as his.

Ulan's body drifted down, out of the air, and when he opened his eyes, the padawan found himself sitting upright with legs crossed on a soft bed.

Gavin, what is going on?

He felt Gavin's anxiety surge at the same moment the ship's engines had settled out of hyperspace. Something was amiss, and with a new challenge the past had to be put in it's proper place. Ulan left his place of isolation and went to the cockpit to be near Gavin, walking into the ship's control room only moments later.

Ulancopy.jpg

There are rules here, after all. This isn't Vietnam.

OOC((Since regardless of the ruling, Onderin's killshot attempt happened, I'm going to go ahead and do my defense post and respond to other events in the thread. When that matter is resolved, I'll make another post specific to those events. Dagon's ability to sense incoming "sniper" attacks is documented on his character sheet.))

Sensing the intent of the gunner, Dagon and his escort ducked into the bridge, where the Mon Calamari's newly refreshed shields would protect them from the two paltry blasts. It was unlikely that any more would be coming, given that the gunner would likely be restrained for firing on a friendly ship because "The voices in his head told him to". The Inevitable bridge team notified their sister ship that they had a rogue gunner firing on friendlies.

Meanwhile, a comm came in from a ship identifying itself as a Jedi transport. The bridge relayed coordinates suggesting a microjump to get into position for a tactical shift the fleet was about to coordinate.

MGw9G2u.jpg

((Holy cow, so my duel got cancel so I stopped paying attention, and got lost.))

"JOOOHNSON!"

It was over in an instant, the Sith had leapt across the expanse, and had caught Johnson right across the chest. He had practically flown over and damn near killed one of his men an an instant.... and he had froze. The muslces tensing, the bloodlust in the eyes, he had seen it all, in that split second.

Then the second was over, as the Sith dived out of the way of an incoming assault of epic proportions. Bewildered and confused, he dropped his sonic pistol that a moment ago he couldn't even get out of the holster.

Sith Spit!

Was the only thing he could think of, as he instantly moved, seeing a threat in his general vicinity. It took him further from the Sith to be sure, but that was the least of his problems.

THE ADMIRAL! He was under attack. This much was evident. His eyes dart,ed and with a quickness he nabbed his lost pistol. The sit retreating from him, was going after the admiral. There was no way in Hell he was gonna let that happen. He let lose a sonic bolt, and watched as the Sith kept going.

Sith spit. He hadn't checked his weapon before firing, and the blast had been considerable weakened toward stun.

"Today is not my day." he mutter under his breath.

He glanced around. His team was still alright for the most part. "HCAER! TEND TO JOHNSON"

As the only man with any real medic experience it was better for him to go near the saber wound. It would also let him focus on the aspect of revenge. Something along the line of blowing that Sith bloody head off!

The doors opened, as he scrambled to grab his weapons. Rifle in hand, pistol checked and on his side, he made the motion to move out, just as some one else ducked into the bridge.

"Not a friendly! TAKE EM DOWN."

One sith or another, he was taking some one's saber. Upon which he would then preferably bludgeon the Sith to death with it.

fixer.png

"Blast! Get that Wookiee out of the firing area!" (Scorch: Okay, you tell him to retreat, Fixer.) "Uh...negative on that."

((Ditto to Dagon's OOC comment - except for the whole sniper part))

<>

To the best of Jaraht's ability he sought a fairly determined, nonlethal solution to this tribulation and as such his troops continued their barrage of stun bolts on the Admiral where he lay. It was paltry compared to the other countermeasures leveled against Onderin, but it was just a precaution.

Just as Jaraht was comfortable with the turnout however, their allies shot back toward the bridge as if shocked by a massive wave of electricity. If the Mandalorian Clan Lord guessed right, he could hear the Inevitable's fragmented shields rearing up again, and although he felt secure in his stance, something about the other group's retreat didn't sit well.

The Clan Lord pointed to a few of the Mandalorians that were busy firing upon the Admiral and gestured rapidly down the hall, asking them to follow. He didn't know exactly what he was running from, but something told him that if he didn't there would be hell to pay. However, in Jaraht's wake, he left one grenade, which he pilfered off of his grenadier officer (one of the ones that threw concussion grenades earlier) that would make sure anything left in the area would remain there, including the hopefully prone admiral.

It wasn't a very long lasting solution, but he hoped the adhesive grenade would last long enough to both simultaneously keep the admiral safe from whatever the peril was and keep him in one spot for further detainment...

b9bOzf7.png

((Since I'm not out yet, fleet stuff in this one.))

The man who took charge, one General Ytell, was directed the comm from the incoming Jedi. "The flagship, Master Jedi. I'm not sure how much longer it's going to last, but all the Sith are on board and I'm sure the Admiral's fighting for his life on there," he said.

"Looks like the Empire's going to try to stop you from getting in there. We'll cover you." He then ordered several squads of A-wings to jet out there. Of course, they weren't as fast as the actual weapons fire that was heading out to meet the Jedi, but they began intercepting missiles as they covered the distance. And besides, Jedi were supposed to be incredible pilots.

Meanwhile, the battle out in the red zone was almost over, and everyone knew it. Although the percentages of forces that still persisted of what had come in was still high, shields were low, pilots were fatigued, and vessels were limping. It was the MC90a's, however, that had the advantage in protracted bouts like this, however, because even now some were putting up new arrays of shields.

((Just wanted to point this out: ))

Aboard the Inevitable, of course, since Dagon had nuked pretty much everything outside the path he had been taking to the bridge and turbolifts were shut down, crews weren't able to get in place to replace burned out shield generators, and thus the bridge's shileds weren't able to be restored for the incoming turbolaser salvo.

3C12kbA.png

From the viewport of the StarSword, the stars looked like nothing but white and blue streaks that formed a tunnel. But when he pulled out of hyperspace, they instantly transformed back to their original dot forms; However, the stars were not the first thing that Kitt had the ability to look at as he instantly had to pull on the yoke to alter the course of his StarSword to avoid colliding into a damaged cruiser of some sort. Had another fighter been present next to him, they would have been destroyed. Clearly the Force knew what it was doing when it guided me to leave Roene and Tirius behind.

Quickly pulling the yoke, he directed his fighter towards the main engagement with a cautious speed. All across his cockpit's view was amassed with massive loss on both sides, and through the Force, Kitt was able to feel death and injury. Most ships were either broken, or held a good amount of damage to them. Reaching out with his perceptions, the Jedi Master could feel the presence of Sith somewhere near. One, a very strong presence in the Force. Opening a channel to a ship that had identified itself as the Pellaeon. While an open channel, he had hoped that such a risk would be worth it in the end.

"This is Jedi Master Kitt Fitt of the Jedi Council. I request a temporary seize fire so that a diplomatic solution could be brought forth to the table. Lets not carry out more bloodshed."

Kitt left his channel open, but prepared himself for a possible need to engage himself in combat. But he felt a good push within the Force to appeal to the loss in this combat first.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

Finally reissuing my ruling on the killshot attempt on Onderin by Dagon.

As noted prior, at issue was the appearance of several camo-Pariahs in ambush for Onderin, who was very hard set on his escape.

At issue in particular is the status of the Pariahs and their Force nulling abilities. As noted elsewhere, there is a problem with their deployment that puts into question the validity of the killshot- either they'd "bubble" like ysalmari and be detectable, or they would inhibit the actions of other Sith whom they traveled with. As such, while there are components to "limit" this effect almost at will, it's still a bit much that their presense was taken for granted without prior set up, particularly with other Sith such as Lucifer only posting problems in proximity to Rebel troops with ysalmari. While the rebel deployment of them can also fall into the realm of "ass-pull" for lack of prior set up, they were not used in set up for a killshot. The pariah's impact on the killshot is voided due to lack of specification, setup, and consistancy due to effects on other Sith- not sufficient to use them as a set in that regard against Onderin.

That said, the next question is if Onderin is out of the woods- having to flee down a narrow hall, Sith at his heels, and into a barrage of troops using stunblasts was able to escape. A very dangerous attempt- it is noted that he's doing energy absorbtion of the stun blasts as opposed to Force deflection with a lightsaber (not unlike what Vader did in Ep V) which would have different results- though the batting with the lightsaber is still questionable. If he would not be out and out incapacitated, he would be severely hampered and still have to make a response to at least two more capture shots aimed at him- additional stun blasts aimed by a PC Mando and a PC Sith. Against that combined salvo, I think escape unlikely, even if the attacks of latter were written after Onderin's defense post. Capture Shot Successful

Regarding the defense posts to Onderin's killshot, ruling is withheld until Draken & Fixer post defense shots as Dagon, Lucifer, and Vihk have already posted a defense.

Saberforce's killshot ruling pending.

KVCsig.jpg

The monarch of madness has returned!

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

[2nd in Command of the Lords of Hate since March 2002.]

Draken looked over the console in time to see a rebel ship opposite of them firing on them. He swore then looked at the console in front of him, it seemed that the rebel engineers had gotten the shields up in time to catch the blast that was headed their way. Just to be safer, he moved behind a pillar away from both the viewports and also the doorway to the bridge. It was here he would wait till things were secure then it would be his turn to dish out the attack.

((Defensive post))

E nomini patri, et Fili e spiritu sancti.

<>

Strong powers were at work aboard the Inevitable, some much more powerful than Torin. It was a simple, humbling fact that he acknowledged, respected, but fought against; his only path to power being conflict.

When he was picked up and sped to the bridge, he was not surprised that the dark side power infiltrating his body was greater than nearly any other feeling he had ever felt. His mind was over taken with the thought of killing Onderin Starlisk, and as his lethal body whirled aboard the bridge he took several swipes at the Jedi Master; however, the Jedi proved agile enough to dodge Torin's attacks.

The surge of power only lasted for a moment though, soon dwindling and leaving Torin thirsty. Dagon's touch would become something the Sith would crave, desiring more than anything else in the universe. Dagon was at the pinnacle. He had achieved perfection.

I will have it.

All of these thoughts flashed across Torin's mind in less than a second because as soon as he had landed his body was being pushed and pulled toward the broken viewport. Naturally, he attempted to resist the Jedi's futile attempts at survival, but caught a glance from a sonic wave that threw him off his balance, sending him hurdling backwards towards the vacuum of space. It was at this moment that he felt it. The collective conciousness of the Sith aboard the bridge, and the attunement Torin's warrior instinct had created with their minds sent his danger sense into a rage.

He's suicidal.

Understanding that the Republic leader had lost his mind and sensing the approaching danger, Torin allowed the suction of space to rip him from the jaws of death, pulling the hood to his vac suit over his head as he flipped out of the viewport and into the raging space battle. It was a risky move, but with approaching turbolaser fire Torin would take his chances with the elements instead of the Jedi's crazed plans.

((Referencing Dagon's post ordering all troops to have vac suits and mag boots. Torin was a part of that attack force and since he followed Dagon's orders would also have geared up. If there is a dispute I can change but will still take the same action of fleeing to space.))

Torin.jpg

Saberforce vs. Slicer:

Slicer has vacuum-sealed armour and a jetpack, so the attempt at spacing him has no effect.

However, Slicer, you seem to have misunderstood the scope of what you can accomplish in a killshot defence post: you post a defence; you do not post the consequences of your defence (in this case, repressurising the hangar and incapacitating Hirolaah). That's the job of the ruling mod.

In this particular case it's something of a moot point, since your defence is successful, but please refrain from posting as if your defence is a fait accompli in future.

Sealing the hangar against the vacuum would be easily accomplished, however, and you wouldn't have to slice the console in order to repressurise the hangar, as Hirolaah was using the very console moments earlier, and I doubt he had time to lock it before the vacuum pulled him away.

KILLSHOT COUNTERED. ALL STORMTROOPER AND WOOKIEE NPC's ARE DEAD, HIROLAAH IS UNCONSCIOUS AND TRANQUILISED, AND THE HANGAR IS REPRESSURISED.

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

The bridge was a vacuum, and Johnson was no doubt dead. Saber jockey having offed him and breached the suit. (Gonna have to assume these guys are vacuum capable.) As these newcomers dropped in on the bridge, he and his remaining men had set up positions in and around the bridge, ready and willing to fire on the Sith intruders. Having been fighting on the same bridge everyone was retreating too. They had no indication as to why they were retreating. As a result it was the cover that they took against the enemy that would have given them any safety on the matter.

<>

fixer.png

"Blast! Get that Wookiee out of the firing area!" (Scorch: Okay, you tell him to retreat, Fixer.) "Uh...negative on that."

Admiral Reilly watched as the battle continued to rage around the Krayiss system. As another ship blasted into the area, he heard a beep on the com console behind him. Nodding to his com officer, he waited for the message to play.

"This is Jedi Master Kitt Fitt of the Jedi Council. I request a temporary seize fire so that a diplomatic solution could be brought forth to the table. Lets not carry out more bloodshed."

Nodding silently, Marcus walked to the com officer and sent his own reply.

"Master Jedi, I will grant you your seize fire for as long as the Republic does the same. Please dock your ship in my private hangar and make your way to the bridge. Of course I ask that you surrender your lightsaber to my security team which will greet you. You have my word, noone will harm you on this ship."

Marcus turned once more and gave the orders for his warships to return back to the line. He ordered his Venators to stop firing on the Apolloy and Journey.

"Return gravity to the ship and sent 2 security squads to my private hangar."

reilly1.jpg

Kitt acknowledged to response and opened a channel to the Republic Forces.

"This is Jedi Master Kitt Fitt of the Jedi Council. You are ordered to stand down for a seize fire. Only fire if fired upon. Until you hear from me again, stand down."

Kitt then directed his StarSword towards the Pellaeon. It wasn't a very long ride to reach the hanger bay of the Star Destroyer, to which there was some slight surprise at seeing a security team actually present. He said he would, but I really didn't think he would. Kitt landed the fighter softly on the surface floor of the hanger and climbed out slowly. Usually, he would have pulled his robe around him, but instead this time, he withdrew his lightsaber and handed it over to the security force that greeted him. Once they held possession of it, then he pulled his Jedi robe closer to his body. He opted to leave his hood down though. It was a respectful thing, to which he was sure he would be granted the same courtesy and respect.

Even as he was lead slowly through the halls of the Star destroyer, Kitt couldn't help but take notice of the beautiful craftsmanship of the craft, and the well detailed work the Empire put in to maintain such a craft. Have to give them that much. They know how to build a beautiful ship. Taking what time he had, he stretched himself out in the Force to see what he could feel. Not much of a surprise that he could feel the presence of two or more Force presences upon the ship. One feels really whacked out, the other... a soft quiet thing. Almost as if the user isn't aware... Kitt shook his head. He had to keep his head in the here and now for any form of negotiation was to be successful.

The security team finally brought him up to the bridge to where he saw a young Admiral standing before him in his regal uniform. Kitt lowered his head in a respectful bow before the Admiral. Stretching himself again through the Force, he felt an echo through the Force come off of the young Admiral. To the Jedi Master's surprise, it was the same soft quiet presence that he had felt before. Keeping himself in check for the moment, Kitt decided to remain quiet until the Admiral spoke. He knew enough that during negotiations between fleets, the higher rank always spoke first, to which as a Jedi, he held none.

KittFittSig_zpsec666279.jpg

Jedi Masters never die, they just fade away.

Marcus watched as the ship registered as Starsword made its approach toward Reilly's own flagship. His weapons officer had been instructed to keep a target lock on the ship until it had docked in the hangar. He had long heard of the Jedi's skills in a fighter and was unwilling to put not only his own life, but his crews, in the hands of such a Jedi without precautions. The Christophian watched through several cams as the Jedi turned his lightsaber over to his security team and was escorted to the bridge.

As the Jedi Master entered the bridge, Marcus had the security teams stand back and allow both Jedi and Admiral to move freely. Marcus was impressed when Kitt bowed before him, showing a humility and humbleness that surprised him. He had thought he would be met with hostility and a show of disrespect by this Jedi, but he had so far seen none. Marcus hoped that the rest of these negotiations would go so well. The Admiral gave a slight bow himself, showing respect in turn towards the Jedi Master.

”œIt seems you are at a disadvantage. I know who you are, but you do not yet know me. I am Admiral Marcus Reilly, captain of the Pellaeon and commander of this battle-group. I know you probably believe my intentions of having you here are hostile in nature, but I assure you this is not the case. As for your lightsaber, it will be returned to you upon the end of these negotiations. And my standing order aboard this ship is that you are not to be harmed unless you yourself engage in a hostile activity.”

reilly1.jpg