Onderon

From the research journal of Prof. Van Isel:

My archeological expedition for Headmaster F's special project took an unexpected turn earlier today in the jungle. The histories and artifacts I searched for are being brushed aside for a new and very interesting find. I will record my data on this find for the campus in Iziz, to be reviewed at a later and safer date.

I confirmed findings that a group of Mandalorian warriors are active on Onderon. They have a fairly large encampment. My mining and excavating droid was deactiveated, so I cannot get a proper scan of the area. I since approached a series of Mandalorian warriors and broached the following questions, recorded as follows:

Q 1: Good day, warriors. My name is Prof. Isel, Van Isel of Iziz. I am an archeologist and historian. Your culture interests me. I have a few questions concerning your arrival here. Does your clan trace its ancestry back to the Mandalorian Civil War at about 60 before Yavin? Did any of your clans ally with the Sith Empire during its reign about 3,700 years ago? Revan's time? Or even during the Sith Wars of Exar Kun?

As an ansilary question- would you consider yourselves Neo-Crusaders? Death Watch, or True Mandalorians?

Q 2: How much of your culture and practices have changed since the days of the Old Republic?

Q 3: What is your given reaction to various Mandalorians that have stepped up onto the galactic stage? Moon Knight, Emperor Black, and various others of Mandalorian descent have struck it alone. How are they viewed? Additionally, your reactions to the exploits of Boba Fett and the various Clone Troopers that impacted the galaxy during the Clone Wars.

Q 4: Have you any records of battles with or alongside the Sith here on Onderon or Dxun, and if so, are there battlefields that might be of interest to historians such as myself interested in collecting past relics?

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

The Mandalorians of the camp looked sourly upon the scholar in the camp due to his slender stature and his clearly aimless squalor, but a few Mandalorians were not of angry disposition and chose to answer him truthfully... Or as truthfully as they could...

Q 1: Good day, warriors. My name is Prof. Isel, Van Isel of Iziz. I am an archeologist and historian. Your culture interests me. I have a few questions concerning your arrival here. Does your clan trace its ancestry back to the Mandalorian Civil War at about 60 before Yavin? Did any of your clans ally with the Sith Empire during its reign about 3,700 years ago? Revan's time? Or even during the Sith Wars of Exar Kun?

As an ansilary question- would you consider yourselves Neo-Crusaders? Death Watch, or True Mandalorians?

The only amassed few who even payed the man mind were composed of a rather old Mandalorian of what seemed a death watch squadron and a few younglings. The young ones seemed to have little to no insight on the man's inquiries, but the old fellow took kindly to the man and embraced the scholar with a boastful laugh...

"Well little man I have to say that our ilk sort of drifted here. To me it seems this mismatch of clans has in some way found themselves over the years and that is how this camp built up. I heard from my "parents"... I guess you could call them that, that long ago a few remnants of the many Mandalorian tribes just kind of ended up here; the men and women left to their own devices when the fires of war faded..." The man patted the scholar on the back hard and with his big blue eyes stared directly into the man's own. "Any other questions you have feel free to ask... I would have to say that aside from Vihk I am the oldest one in the village... Therefore I think that let's me get away with saying anything about these people with at least some truth to it" the wizened old man said with a large wink.

Q 2: How much of your culture and practices have changed since the days of the Old Republic?

"Well I gather that nothing much has changed in the long years we've been together especially since everyone here is from different periods. Some kids have sucked onto the teachings of their brothers for so long that they are extremely hard headed and won't except the issues of others, but the other people around here just go their own way and accept the differences. So far we have had no troubles with changers...Uhh... People who want to change the way we live and do things. Anyone who wants to join this camp of people together is going to have a hell of a task on his hands."

Q 3: What is your given reaction to various Mandalorians that have stepped up onto the galactic stage? Moon Knight, Emperor Black, and various others of Mandalorian descent have struck it alone. How are they viewed? Additionally, your reactions to the exploits of Boba Fett and the various Clone Troopers that impacted the galaxy during the Clone Wars.

"Well, judging as how the Mandalorian Boba Fett served as Mandalore for a time, I give the man the utmost respect. However, his deeds can't be excused, and it is with a heavy heart that I join the others in his deeming of the name "the exiled one". The clone troopers though.. Eh!, they're all Mandalorian at heart ain't they?" The man said as he scratched his head lightly... "Now as to Black and all of the other Mandalorians that have made it publicly I say well done. I don't really consider them to be formally with their own clan, but it is their path to choose and that doesn't make them any less of a Mandalorian. Its the feeling behind the Mandalorian people that is important and I think all of them have some semblance of that left. As for Black in particular, I do remember more about him and the Mandalorians as a whole, but my memory is kind of fuzzy right now... I think there was some hostility, but yeah... No luck." The man finished as he tried to work something out of his head. It was around this time that the man introduced himself as Uldin Jigher.

Q 4: Have you any records of battles with or alongside the Sith here on Onderon or Dxun, and if so, are there battlefields that might be of interest to historians such as myself interested in collecting past relics?

"Well I recall the moon Dxun being a big place of importance for the Mandalorian wars and the Jedi Civil War from a decent way back, but I don't recall any specific battlefields on this planet. I figure if you go out around Iziz or something you might find some sort of evidence of Mandalorian presence, but I don't remember anything about that. There were some Basilisks we recovered near the capital city of Iziz that looked somewhat interesting, but we couldn't get anything from em. Also, on Dxun isn't there a Sith tomb? Why don't you go out there huh? And oh!" said Uldin as he pushed his left arm on to the man's back, "By the way there is a Hutt over there..." Uldin said as he pointed with his outstretched right arm, "it carries a decent amount of Mandalorian history... You might find anything else you want to know there. I may not be able to tell you anything and everything you need to know, but you might fill in the blanks there." With those last words the 6 foot tall aging Mandalorian looked at the man once more and took his leave. The gruff man may have looked kind of odd with his hair oddly configured on his head, but Uldin had a peace about him that defied even the stereotypical Mandalorian arrogance...

b9bOzf7.png

<< Look at the bottom of the Character Sheet >>

Kento's ship landed on Onderon, he stepped out of the ship and looked around. He was only about 100 yards away from the campsite. He walked up to the guards and identified himself. When he walked in he smiled, he was finally home. Kento was so happy he almost cried. Almost. He found an empty tent and laid a sleeping bag down and all of his weapons down. Except for his blaster pistol and flame projector. Kento then took off his helmet and laid down.

Kendo.jpg

Kento Galen in cool letters.

Dr. Isel concludes his research around the camp, gets a small inkling of possible dig sites from a few other commandos, then with all due politeness, heads back to his speeder, his reactivated droid in tow.

The rest of Isel's trip proves dangerous and rather fruitless, though exacavations closer to Iziz do yield something on the Mandalorian side. An encrypted and secure report is filed with the "Coruscant campus"- aka- Sith Temple on Coruscant, addressed to "Headmaster F"- Vladimir Faust aka- Darth Luciferian, or any other ranking Sith:

I'll need to send an expedition to Dxun for further research on those artifacts. Biological sciences also wishes to look around there further as the tampering done to the orbalisks makes them lethal to any sentient, dark sider or not and we do not believe there is any way to make them safe for us to use.

During my research in the jungles of Onderon, I came across an encampment of Mandalorians in the jungle, hiding and holding true to the old tenants. They seem to be Death Watch in nature, though I suspect a Neo-Crusader outlook underneath. They appear to be formidable warrors, though transient in nature.

My recommendations are to set up watchers from the temple in Iziz to watch the closely and keep updates on their movements in case we are threatened somehow. Our own hidden presence on Onderon cannot be jeopardized either, so taking any outward moves could be hazardous- a secret is more potent when no one knows of it. If there is a situation where we need independent muscle and cannot rely on the Empire, we might be able to approach them with a mutual offer of conquest as was done in the old days. Until then, we shall just watch in the shadows mindful of the warriors, and conduct our own research into the Sith's glorious past.

-Van Isel, Adept of Luciferian

In Italy for thirty years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed - but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love, 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock.

• 1 month later...

Joreel's ship came out of hyperspace just as he had finished up sending a comm to one of the most powerful figures in the galaxy. He hoped he could explain his actions and keep the title of Mandalore to his people. Until the Mandalorian Lords came again, and a council was made to aid Mandalore with these decisions, he was a despot. The kind of power there was corruptible, which was why the Mandalores of old created the Council of Lords. Ordo hoped he would not have to bear the burden of all the decisions on his own too much longer, the old system worked, and there was no point to make it different.

He noticed Aschen Skirata had arrived, and Joreel made haste down to the planet below landing on the outskirts of Iziz in the jungles, a few kilometers from the Mandalorian Stronghold. From here, Mandalore awaited Ashcen Skirata, as he did not know the way to the Stronghold, and would need to have a guide or be swallowed alive by the dark creatures of the Onderon Jungles.

Vihk made a rather large scene as he came stepping quietly out of the barracks. He summoned each and ever Mandalorian he could in the base to the very front of the camp and made sure to remove his helmet so he could project his voice across the crowd. The large elder Mandalorian turned to face the people before him as the overcast sky greeted his stern yet unshrinking resolve.

He looked out to the reaches of the audience, even the new Mandalorians were present. Vihk could feel the anticipation welling in the air and without another breath Vihk pushed his voice to the back of the crowd in a hearty, but commanding bellow.

"Su'cuy gar may friends and allies in arms. I bet you are all wondering why I, one of your eldest yet seemingly ageless members, called you out here. Well, it is because we have been blessed with the emergence of a new Mandalore. It may not be the same for some of you who have moved on from Mandalores passed, but our kind respects a man who bears such a title. I know I am not the Mandalore of which I speak, but I am here to tell you that I am taking charge of this village. Not because I am older, not because it is my birthright, but because this village needs leadership if we are to be battle ready." Vihk paused for a moment to let the suggestion sink in, but in moments he spoke again, "Our Mandalore has ordered that I begin to organize our troops and be ready to move out. This may be a difficult task for you to accept me as clan leader, for we all come from different clans, but I will be as accommodating as I can to what people believe. We will not succeed unless we act as a unit and I will not have disloyalty or disobedience in our camp. Anyone who is caught purposefully jumping at or visibly harassing members of different clans will have me to answer to. If anyone would like to challenge me for the position I've been assigned I welcome and would relish the challenge, but until further notice you are under mine and the Mandalore's orders to be battle ready as soon as humanly possible." with the ending of his speech Vihk placed his helmet back on and as loud as he could he yelled through his helmet, "The Mandalorians will rise again.... FOR MANDALORE!!!!"

The reverence of the moment floated above the crowd as they stood mildly shocked, but as Vihk spoke sunlight pierced through the overcast sky and illuminated the crowd. With the ending yell people joined in unity as they too yelled loudly into the air. FOR MANDALORE!

b9bOzf7.png

A New Republic Lambda-class shuttle appeared from hyperspace over the world of Onderon. Aboard was Admiral Onderin Starlisk, also a Jedi Master and with his padawan, Aira Cadan. They were here at the request of Mandalore to discuss the future of Mandalorian interactions with the Republic in a talk that could well determine the future of much of the conflict in the galaxy.

Onderin piloted the shuttle down towards Onderon's primary spaceport, navigating carefully around Dxun, the planet's close-orbiting moon. It was almost unique in that it hung so close that there was actually shared atmosphere between the world and its satellite, and both were capable of sustaining life. That was a fact that had played prominently into Onderon's history.

Bringing the shuttle down to the surface, the Jedi Master disembarked with Aira in tow, heading for the spaceport cantina. It was hardly the kind of place where Onderin commonly held peace talks, but it seemed fitting for a talk with Mandalorians, given their cultural identity as he understood it. He kept his senses stretched out in the Force, searching for anything amiss and hoping his natural distrust of Mandos wouldn't affect his judgment in dealing with them.

The Mandalorian Wars were hard to forget, though.

Finally the pair of Jedi entered the cantina. Onderin looked around and didn't see any Mandalorians yet, so he found a seat and motioned for Aira to sit across from him. "Maybe they were expecting an RSVP," he said with a shrug.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

The planet was a bit humid, but other than that, I liked it. The capital city of Iziz seemed clean and, while not exactly welcoming, was friendly enough. I saw little evidence of the Mandalorian's presence here. Although historically a center of Mando activity, I thought I remembered them only recently returning to Onderon and it's moon neighbor Dxun. It was thrilling to think of the history on this planet. I felt that way whenever I traveled to a historically important world or site, and now as we took a seat at a spaceport cantina, I couldn't help but imagine how this place would have looked hundreds or thousands of years ago.

I ordered something cold and nonalcoholic from the waitress who approached us and scanned the room. It wasn't very full, but then, it was also early afternoon, and too early for places like this to attract their major clientele. I was sure that because of Onderon's location, the spaceport wasn't like some of the bustling ones I'd seen on worlds like Corellia.

"I'm sure they'll come, Master," I told Onderin. Ha! Onderin's on Onderon! I laughed silently to myself.

aira%20sig%202016_zpsneqbkyej.jpg

Captain of the Galactic Alliance & Jedi Knight

"Excuse me, are you Admiral Onderin Starlisk?"

Behind Onderin is a man dressed in the garb of a university professor. About 5'5" with dark brown hair and brown eyes, the man appeared harmless, though he wore a sporting blaster openly in a holster at his side. His hand however, extended forward in an open and friendly handshake.

"My name, sir, is Dr. Van Isel. I'm a researcher and archeologist here at the university here in Iziz. It was a most fortunate occurance that I heard word of your appearance here." Isel's eyes seem to glint, recognizing the young woman next to Onderin. "Ah, this would be your padawan learner, would it not? My subject at the university is ancient religions here on Onderon, particularly the religions related to ah..." he coughs, almost looking embarassed, "the ah, Naddists and the Sith as a whole. They were rather powerful here on Onderon and did some great things here in their time." He continues, sensing his enthusiasm was unwelcome, speaking directly to the girl padawan. "Oh, terrible indeed by any standard, but still great and able to do amazing things on the galactic stage. Always a fascinating subject of study, young lady, and one I'd recommend you look into."

Clearing his throat, he turns to Onderin. "Anyhow, your reputation as a Jedi Master is well known, even on a now backwater planet like this. If I am not intruding, I am curious about your purpose here, and if I could interview you for a paper I am presenting on Sith-Jedi relations and origins."

Deep within the jungles of Onderon, where Onderonian iguanas and mosquitoes grow to their largest size, came a large blast of sound that shook the ground below and swayed the tree lines above. The sound, very remnant to that of a sonic boom from the passing of a fighter, was in fact a unfamiliar YT-1300 formerly known as the Blind Scorpion. Exiting hyperspace just seconds after entering the planet's atmosphere was a dangerous move, but Luna had long ago given up on her safety. Guess she wasn't the only Armegedon sibling with a death wish.

Her blood pumped excitedly as her FA-4 Pilot droid leveled out Armegedon's Flight just moments before impact with the trees below, a small drop of sweat rolling down her face and falling to the durasteel floor below. Her destination was no where in particular, but seeing as she was low on fuel and supplies, she wouldn't get too far. And Iziz was a good few hours walk away. She would have to settle for Iziz for now. Finding a clearing near the mountains, she had FA-4 set Armegedon's Flight down.

"N-K 1, N-K 2, guard the ship." She spoke, adorning her brother's beskar'gam armor and gathering her gear as she set forth down the on ramp and out into the surrounding jungles. "Rose, follow me."

To most, it would look as if Twins set off into the jungles of Onderon, Rose's form constructed to mimic Luna in every way. But in reality, only one true being stepped forth as Rose was merely an All-Species Replica Droid. Placing the beskar'gam helmet of her brother's upon her face the two were now separable in looks. While Rose only wore Luna's typical outfit, Luna wore her brother's red and black Beskar'gam armor and adorn a black cloak.

The trek through Onderon's jungles were a harsh trek. Dangerous animals and beasts roamed freely within them, cloaked by the dark underbrush and silenced by the sounds of life. And if the beasts of Onderon did not get you, the humidity would. Many of adventurers had found Onderon to be more than they had bargained for. But for Luna, this was an easy task. The gift of Force Sight was her's to command. And thanks to a few modifications to her armor, she also found the cool breeze of a built in air conditioner to keep her body cool.

After a few hours, they made it into the spaceport. Sending Rose with the salvage ship, Luna decided to wander around for a bit. It would take a few hours for them to gather Armegedon's Flight and return, so she had time to kill. She dared not remove her helm, most Onderonians racial against non-human sentient beings. But for a hybrid, it was worse. Finding her way to a nearby cantina, she entered, and ordered of a tall glass of Tarisian Ale.

But as she looked around, she found herself looking off toward a familiar presence. Who would have guess that a man she once came close to calling Master would be found here of all places. He surely would have recognised her by now, even despite the Beskar'gam armor. She knew she could not hide her force presence from a Jedi Master. Her days as an Alliance Lieutenant died the day she lost her memory. But now that most of it had returned, it wouldn't be a bad idea to say hello to an old friend(Onderin Starlisk).

Luna approached, setting down her glass and taking a seat from a table nearby and turning it around to face him. Opening her lips, her voice hollowed out by the visor that now adorned her face, she spoke. "Admiral."

Hm, Onderin thought as the professor introduced himself. At first he thought it strange that he had drawn this man's attention and the man had immediately recognized him, but he quickly realized that it was probably to be expected, given his role in the galaxy. He hadn't really thought about how spending so much time at the headquarters on Gala had separated him from the public. There, he would never have to deal with interruptions of this kind, but that didn't mean that his face wasn't one of the more recognizable in known space.

A little more surprising was that the man recognized Aira as his padawan instead of his aide or somesuch other person that would be accompanying him, but Onderin didn't moniter the media closely enough to know how much Aira had appeared on the holonet. But it served to remind him under how much scrutiny his actions were on a daily basis.

He listened to the man speak about what he was studying, and the Admiral figured it was a pretty popular subject on a planet with such Sith-related origins. In fact, if he remembered correctly, Freedon Nadd was entombed on Dxun, not far above their heads. But when the man asked for his business here and time for an interview, Onderin frowned internally. Externally he kept his face straight and mild--he wished to have a good public reputation even when he had to brush someone off like this.

"I'm afraid my business is official," he said at last. "I'm waiting for someone to arrive right now. When he does so, it is imperative that I get right down to business, so it's unlikely that I have time for an interview right now."

Then a vaguely familiar presence brushed the back of the Jedi Master's mind. He subconsciously turned to see a Mandalorian enter the cantina and order a glass of ale before moving toward him. He--no, it was a woman beneath that armor--turned a chair to face him, not joining the table at which he and Aira were sitting. At first Onderin thought she was a part of the Mandalorian delegation for the peace talks, but the way she kept her distance suggested otherwise. When she spoke his title, he cocked an eyebrow as a piece slid into place and he realized who she was.

"Miss Armegedon," he said, his surprise not masked but definitely sounding pleasant. "It's been some time. You're... Mandalorian." Last time the two had met, she had most certainly not been Mandalorian, but very nearly his padawan learner.

3C12kbA.png

"No, not Mandalorian..." Luna began to speak, motioning to remove from her face the visor that sat upon her face, revealing the white lidless eyes beneath. "The armor actually belongs to my brother Scorpio, forged after he fell from Ashla."

She knew it would not likely be news to the Jedi Master that Scorpio had fallen, nor of his death upon the sands of Tatooine during it's destruction in the last war. But for her, it was hard to speak of, her dear brother becoming what their parents died trying to keep him from. But such was the way of the Galaxy, and one of the reasons she had never studied the Force despite her natural gifts. Much had changed in her life since she last saw Master Starlisk, but that was not one of them.

"No. Now days, i am but a lonely Merc, living my life contract by contract." She started to speak again, removing from her hands the Crushgaunts which adorned them. "In fact, i was on my way to see a client about such a contract when i stopped in for supplies and fuel."

Taking a sip from her pint of ale, she gazed off into the distance momentarily. She knew most Mercenaries were frowned upon by the Alliance, if not wanted, most notably the outlaw Faust. How she would love to get her hands on that contract. But Luna held honor above glory, something she learnt during her time in the Alliance. She would not kill children, she would cancel any contract she seen fit to cancel, she wouldn't kill unless necessary, and her reasons were with good intent for the most part.

She had just finished a contract on Corellia wiping out bandits for a local farming settlement who had been plagued by the group for months now. Turning back, she noticed the young female sitting next to the Jedi Master, a slow grin encompassing her gorgeous rosey cheeks.

"Is this the new Padawan Learner, Admiral?" She said in her typical soft tone, offering a friendly hand along wth the smile to the young lady(Aira Cadan). " Don't mind the eyes dear. Name's Luna Armegedon."

"I understand sir, and I wish you luck." He turns to the lady. "Again, if you're curious, I do have some journal articles and history books that might interest you greatly. I know by nature that Jedi oppose the Sith, but it never hurts to study the art of one's enemies to better understand them." With that, Isel graciously gives the lady a card, showing his number and room at Iziz's university.

WIth that Dr. Isel nods, quietly backs away and takes a seat across the way from Onderin and his apprentice. He looks at Luna with curious interest, then discretely punches in a small, encrypted comm, as he lounges to enjoy his drink and keep his eyes and ears open.

I was amused at how quickly Onderin drew attention. We hadn't been there five minutes when he had several people approach him. The first introduced himself as a Dr. Isel, a professor studying the ancient Sith that lived in this region. He was easygoing and friendly, and I liked him immediately. He clearly was passionate about his subject, and was eager to interview my master. I was disappointed we didn't have time to speak with him, but it was true that we were here to meet with Mandalore, and I supposed that was more important than debating philosophy. I took the card Dr. Isel offered me with a large smile, thanking him for his offer and promising him to consider visiting his small library of documents.

A Mandalorian approached us then, but she turned out to be merely a woman dressed in traditional beskar'gam, a mercenary, as she introduced herself. I gave her a smile. "It's nice to meet you, Ms. Armagedon. I'm Aira Cadan." I shook her hand. "How do you know Master Starlisk?" It seemed that they had known each other personally at one time, and I was curious to hear the back story.

Everything was moving quickly as the Mandalorians now seemed driven towards the same cause. A few disloyal of the pack blew off their duties and were punished by Vihk until they too decided to break into formation with the rest of them. The buildings weren't really tended to, but with the craziness of the camp it really didn't matter. Armor was being made rapidly, but efficiently and Vihk even repaired a few of the comm system tower's functions.

Things were definitely looking up as more and more Mandalorians were equipped and battle ready. The training of the past years had kept these men in top fighting condition and now that it was needed there seemed to be a renewed hope and confidence amongst the people. There was never more unity in a Mandalorian camp then when they prepared for war.

Something caught Vihk's attention though as he was milling about helping train recruits and repairing mechanical things as they broke. A runner came in with a message for Vihk saying that Mandalore was back on the planet and that it would only be nice to send an envoy to guide him back to the village. "Fair enough," Vihk said as his eyes turned to the runner. "You, take a few more warriors with you and make haste to his position. Give him a message that battle preparations are underway and only guide him here if he wants you to".

Moments later as Joreel waited by the outskirts of Iziz, rustling sounds came from the bushes. The team from before appeared amongst the brush and approached Mandalore with Vihk's message and the invitation.

"He wanted to let you know that battle preparations are underway sir and to ask if you needed assistance getting back to the encampment." said the runner with confidence as he looked upon the new Mandalore with pride and admiration. His beskar'gam was something of a relic as well, but only stretched as far as the era of Jango Fett.

b9bOzf7.png

Dr. Isel smiled as he watched Onderin, trying to keep his easy going and relaxing attitude, though his eyes still carefully watched everything, per his orders. With eyes around the city and trying to keep an eye on their pet Mandos- which was really how Faust's followers thought of them, Onderin's appearance at the spaceport created a buzz, especially since this was nominally a Republic world. Isel was chosen for his role simply because he was in part what he said he was, a scholar, and he survived exploring the Mando camp before.

Van Isel's history started on Iziz as a researcher at the university in his chosen field. As a native, he was proud of his history, and the good and the bad. Later, when shadows moved in over the planet from Dark Jedi, things forced him to study harder and quieter. When that lifted, a new shadow appeared in the form of Vladimir Faust- aka- Darth Luciferian. Isel, already knowledgable, was taught that knowledge was power and learned how to better acquire and wield that power. As an Adept of Luciferian, he was marked, though his curious nature and academic sense still burned brightly.

And ever curious, he would be an excellent spy for the order to guard their temple operations while doing his research. He would like to give the padawan a lecture on the Sith as well. If he could bring her into the fold somehow, and let the master teach her, that would be beautiful.

After his encrypted comm, notifying operations of Onderin's presence, as well the means to relay that back to Headmaster F as had surely been done by, word came back that a handful of the pet Mandalorians were grouping outside the city. The temple were secured, ready to let the storm pass by and weather it through anything short of a complete pogrom. Isel noted it with care, and remained on his guard, absently wondering whether to mention this to the Jedi. Refraining, he just keeps a more vigilent eye, nursing his drink with more measured sips.

"Very nice to meet you, Aira." Luna spoke with a chuckle, flopping back in the chair and taking another sip from the pint of ale she had ordered. "I was once a Lieutenant in the Alliance under the Admiral's command not long ago. In fact, i almost took the very same path you now walk as the Admiral's Padawan Learner. That was until the Sith Trinity..."

Luna paused mid-sentence, the memories of that fateful day quite unclear despite most of her memory having returned. She wasn't quite sure what happened, mere bits and pieces of the attack coming to mind as she thought back. And the next thing she remembered was waking up in the med-bay, her mind as lose as the cannons that attacked Gala that day. Her gaze shifted back to Onderin, a look upon her face as if searching his to see if he remembered that day.

"Anyways. Not long after my memory began to return, i left the Alliance in search of my brother and the rest of my past. Thanks to the Admiral here, i had some good leads." Luna, spoke, only stopping to take another sip before pushing the ale aside. "Then came the Arach'tar Invaders and all of them were destroyed, including my brother. Reports placed him on Tatooine when it was destroyed. That was the last time he was ever seen."

Her face went gloomy for just a moment, even a speckle of tear managed to roll down it. But as quickly as it left, her cheerful face suddenly returned. It was a harsh subject, but Luna was never one to let it get her down. Looking back to the young girl, she chuckled. "And now, here i am."

Onderin listened to the conversation but let his padawan take over for a minute, since she was the one being addressed. There was something in the back of his mind, perhaps some bidding of the Force, but he was having trouble listening to it in this crowded, distracting bar. He felt that it had something to do with the professor, and he turned his gaze on Van Isel and focused on him to try to get a better feeling.

He noticed the man doing something discreetly under the table and, with a touch of the Force, felt the signs of a man doing something he didn't want to be noticed. Onderin's brow creased in a slight frown as he tried to puzzle out what the professor would have done, but it occured to him that the man didn't have to be what he claimed to be, or could be something else on top. Onderin's own presence here was likely to stir up more than locals with idle curiosity as to the arrival of such a man as he.

At any rate, it became clear that there was more to Isel than he let on, and Aira wouldn't be joining him today.

Onderin took his gaze from the professor and returned it to Luna, who he realized was addressing him. He caught the tail of the statement about her brother dying with the destruction of Tatooine. He blinked at her, trying to bring himself out of his musings before he responded. "Are you aware that everyone who died during the destruction of the planets the Arach'tar destroyed are alive again?" he asked. "My parents died on Corellia, but after the war, when Corellia returned, by some miracle of the Force they were alive again. They didn't even remember the planet's destruction. Is is possible that your brother lives again as well?"

3C12kbA.png

Breaking the atmosphere, the starport seemed so far from the ship that HK-52 grew tired of waiting. For some time he began to build trust within the starship by communing with the guests and serving as public mediator to give the captain some break. When it seemed appropriate to shut down though, the droid made his way into the captains quarters. The captain's routine morning regiment seemed pretty cut and dry so HK-52 had no problems tweaking it, but what he did not count on was the change in the captain's habits.

The next morning, instead of ordering his normal meal he ordered something completely different and even the poison HK-52 poured into the captains water supply had no effect, because the captain skipped out on his shower that day. Instead of taking matters into his own hands though, the droid stood back, continuing his schmoozing, waiting for the moment the captain would fall into old habitual patterns.

Oh how HK-52 hated the organics and their undue arrogance over droids. Yes he did nothing to refute their supposed superiority by calling them master, but even his corrupt programming could see beyond the "meatbags'" feeble attempt at living. After a few days the HK droid began to slowly give up his plan and thought about taking a bit more extreme measures, but just as the droid assumed, the captain fell into a coma after two days time.

Being his close personal assistant and a droid of many talents HK was charged with assigning a new captain in his stead, but before his responsibility was fulfilled, HK-52 cut the life support on the ship and watched as each and every patron that he had come to put up with die in front of him. The sight was joyous to behold as the ship's crew and remaining technicians tried to rush the system and repair it, but the electronic charges that HK stole from an on board Bounty Hunter blew as the men came too close and thrashed the engineers to the ground, thus cutting the ship off from its remaining assistance.

HK-52 worked his way toward the cockpit as he rejoiced in the end of his rather crucial endeavor, but failed to account for the last living sentient on board. His sensors indicated him as the droid rounded a corner and shot by a hard blaster bolt to the chassis. HK was slightly damaged, falling down to a "knee", but the armor had brushed most of the bolt off and it hadn't even scratched his vital systems. A good buffing and that will come right out, the HK unit said to himself as the organic quarry was repeating his barrage. The HK unit backed up into the hall behind him and without thinking ran back in deploying one of his built in stun guns. The droid's accuracy didn't seem to be good as the first blast missed, but the second blast caught the man in the chest as he went down.

HK-52 got one more shot from the man, this time in the arm, before the sentient went down and although this shot seemed a bit more extreme, HK-52 needed a chassis buffing anyway.

With the last sentient of the ship suffering under the cruel life support drain and his now paralyzed body, HK-52 made his way to the cockpit and steered the ship toward the Onderon star port main building. Based upon the droid's calculations, a higher probability of killing more sentients came when the ship was aimed at a more central hub of the starport building, not the hangar itself. Not knowing that his mark was in the cantina at this moment, HK-52 made his way to an escape pod and fled the Star ship as it made its way toward the ground.

It became apparent once the droid got there, that some sentients managed to escape through other pods. Noticing their times of departure however, they put the passengers slightly outside the atmosphere but in the middle of the jungle otherwise. His mark would not know of the droid's involvement in this because the evidence would be effectively erased once the ship hit the ground.

With that, HK-52 ejected from the ship and landed safely meters from Iziz. The droid casually made his way in to town, avoiding the local jungle beasts, looking for a droid engineer to repair his parts. He had sufficient materials now for his plan, due to the bounty of passenger materials on the ship, but he still needed to cover up the physical evidence that something happened to his body.

[[Killshot against everyone in the Starport]]

Edited by Guest
HK23.png

Isel knew that some Force users developed an inate sixth sense of danger and suspicion, able to sense moods of those around them- like Onderin's suspicion of him, or the impending doom about to fall on the spaceport and everyone inside.

Despite his initiation as a low level acolyte and the thought he might have touched on the Force once, maybe twice durin ghis research, Isel had no sixth sense and no precognitative warning of danger.

Thus, when the news comes of a ship rapidly dropping through the atmosphere, punctuated by an emergency comm from friends of the dark at the starport, coupled with instant warning sirens, his surprise is great, even numbing from terror.

"What the ****?"

Covering from his split second shock, as the historian/archeologist/acolyte of the Sith, quickly stumbles out of the cantina in a dash. Rather than seek shelter, he hops into his near-by speeder and fires it up, glancing overhead at doom spiraling down from above, ready to crash in about a minute. While he stood his ground bravely which marching into a camp full of Mandalorians, the shock and completely unexpected nature of this incident unnerved him.

Refraining from a last minute escape, he pulls up near the entrance of the cantina, watching as others, panicked try to flee, or futiley in his opinion, duck and cover. Still reved up, he gives a shout to the Jedi, motioning to the back seat, sweat pouring down his face, his heart facing in absolutely terror.

"GET IN!"

His bravery and regard for the Jedi had nothing to do with any sense of loyalty, but duty- duty to discover why they were here, duty to try and sow a few seeds with the padawan, and saving their lives and the good graces of his guests couldn't hurt. With that said though, anger most terrible clouds his face.

The shuttle drop was too timely with Onderin's arrival to be a coincidence. Isel wondered if it was some act ordered by Headmaster F to kill the Admiral, where the master moved to sacrifice him like a pawn. At the same time, the secrecy and research of the temple, going into the Sith's ancient art and its alchemical and sorcerous research was too important even for that, right? Either way there would be hell to pay.

((If the Jedi and company wish to hitch a ride and post Isel spiriting away to safety- or even taking the wheel themselves, they can post my actions here. If the PCs take some other option, assume Isel let them go and left on his own at top speed))

"I had heard of the phenomenon..." Luna spoke in return to Onderin's questions. "So i went to Tatooine myself to see. Indeed the planet held life again, but i couldn't feel Scorpio anymore. If he is alive somewhere out there, he's no longer connected to the Force."

Suddenly alarms began to blare through out the Spaceport and Cantina, voices echoing over the intercoms and panic running a muck. While t was true that Miralukian blood ran through Luna's veins, her emotions over the loss of hr brother and speaking of such thins had clouded her vision beyond noticing the loss of lives above and the impended doom that was about plague the Spaceport and them if they didn't reach safety, and soon.

"Damn it." She blurted out, grabbing her gear and making a quick exit, motioning toward the door and looking toward the skies. "Just my luck."

Sure enough, a ship was plummeting toward their location, gaining speed and almost purposely directed toward Onderin's location. How someone of her heritage could have missed such a thing, she couldn't understand. Guess the Jedi had it right when they said emotion clouds one's judgement. Turning back, she entered the Cantina once more, giving a certain nod toward Onderin that they would need to act fast. Whatever his reasons were for being here, someone certainly did not want him to survive long enough to conclude.

"We have no choice..." Luna spoke, approaching Onderin and Aira after Isel's arrival, long having noticed the Admiral's distrust in the professor. "I do not trust him either, but if we don't go right now, we may not survive this attack. I'll have my ship waiting just outside the city. We need to get to it."

Luckily, Armegedon's Flight had yet to arrive to the Spaceport, and despite the absence of a full tank, might provide just enough until they could locate enough to get off the planet. Or perhaps, to get the Admiral to whatever his reasons for coming here were. Calling ahead, Luna had the salvage crew leave her ship just outside the city, their payment in full as promised once she arrived. Replacing the mask upon her face, as well as the rest of her gear, she piled into the back of the professor's speeder, making sure to unsheathe her blastsword in case of an dire emergency.

"Take us to these coordinates" Luna spoke to Isel, grabbing the professor by the shoulder and giving him his heading. "Once there, i'll reimburse you for your troubles."

Onderin's danger sense triggered in his mind just before the alarm sirens went off, and he was on his feet in less than a second. What the kriff... he thought as he moved out into the street with Van Isel, who seemed to have a speeder nearby. It was convenient, since Onderin and Aira had walked from the hangar to get here and would be hard-pressed to get out in time on foot.

For the moment, Onderin swallowed his misgivings as Van Isel offered them a ride. It really was the best way out and the fact that the professor had offered to pick them up instead of making a dash for it could very well mean that the Jedi Master's perception of the man was skewed. There was still the matter of the deception to sort out, but Onderin was willing to put that aside for the moment.

Without even pausing he left into the speeder and Aira with him. Luna also jumped in and gave Isel the coordinates of her ship, outside the city and a safe distance from the likely explosion. "Do it," he agreed, and the speeder shot off in the right direction.

They would be well out of range before the ship hit, if the ship hit. Iziz had advanced anti-air weaponry that could be used to prevent such accidents, and, like any city, it had other defenses to prevent such collisions, such as tractor beams. Otherwise huge accidents like this would happen all the time.

3C12kbA.png

First I was listening to Luna tell about her brother, and then suddenly the alarms were going off in the spaceport. I could feel the sudden panic in the Force, and as Dr. Isel dashed for his speeder and yelled for us to follow, I was just glad we had a safe way out of there.

I followed Onderin and Luna to Isel's speeder, and climbed in as quickly as I could. As we sped away from the spaceport, I looked back. A large passenger ship was falling, but it wasn't on flames. In fact, the crash looked almost deliberate. I glanced at my master. Could it possibly have been an attempt on his life?

As I watched and thought, Iziz's anti-air turrets began to fire, hoping to destroy the ship and limit the damage.

Dr. Isel speeds on, glancing over his shoulder nervously a few times at the sounds of massive explosions, made in part by the planetary defenses blowing the ship up and holding the debris aloft with tractor beams to keep the worst from rainig down. There was some damage, but mostly superficial? He would need to inquire with his contacts later.

Isel however, did not stop, instead using his knowledge of the city to follow Luna's coordinates, taking a few lesser known backstreets to get there, moving at top speed at first, then slowing to a more non-descript change of gear to blend in with the city. Doing that, he still glances behind him cautiously, feeling a growing sense of paranoia.

Now calm, anger coursed through him. This was not a coincidence, he guessed that much. The question of who raised several possibilities. There were the Mandos, but it wasn't there style based on what he sensed. The Empire doing sabotage? A bounty hunter? Or, he grimly considered, something from above that wrote him off as expendable? Either way, he would find out. He silently repeated a few mantras in his mind, turning fear into anger and into strength, channeling it onto his current task, driving to safety, then getting more intel.

Pulling the speeder to a stop at Luna's ship, he breathes a sigh of relief, giving one last glance behind him. He gives the trio a very direct look, one eyebrow raised.

"So tell me, does that kind of thing happen around you all the time? I cannot think of the last time something like that happened around here."

The droid HK-52 managed to find a repairman with minimal squabble and was able to pay the man off quite nicely. It killed the droid inside to show kindness to such feeble beings, but he hadn't the room to talk as he'd come in for repairs himself. The droid calculated the vessel's crash point at a mere 5 minutes after his departure from the shop, but as he looked upon what surely would've been a beautiful slaughter, he was disappointed to find that the security of the planet had managed to push the explosion down to a small destructive force. Sure the power seemed quite formidable when taking out a few straggling tourists, but the outcome of the droid's design seemed too small to please the robot as he stood upon the ground.

Inside his circuitry the droid mused to himself.

Query: Where's the Kaboom?

Irritated statement: There was supposed to be an Onderon-shattering Kaboom!

HK-52 could see as the fleeing tourists screamed in fear, but he did nothing to interrupt them. Instead, HK-52 helped people off of the street in an orderly manner and gave each of them a friendly remark as he passed by the individuals, swearing within his cybernetic mind. The meager acts of kindness gained him regard amongst the populace, but as the crisis continued in only killing a meager few, the people seemed to ignore the droid as he continued doing helpful things around the spaceport to see if he could assist any remaining life forms.

It seemed his actions had not gone wholly unnoticed however as a few nearby security agents noticed the droid helping a young girl out from underneath a pile of rubble.

Compassionate Statement: "Don't worry little Master, everything will be alright."

HK-52 said as he was all too prepared to hack his cybernetic guts out. The girl seemed overjoyed at the assistance though and rewarded the "kind" droid with a big hug, which only invited more due droid nauseousness.

The security agents were closing in and closing fast to the droid after this spectacle and they seemed to carry puzzled looks with them. One seemed to be glaring at the droid even more closely as if there weren't flowers beneath HK's cold black chassis. They were treating him as if something he'd done was wrong, but there was no evidence of that. They would have no proof of his malfeasance because to them his motives would inherently seem completely insipid. However, they eyed him like a fish on a hook; it was unnerving to bear their eyes as HK stood their taking their stares in for moments, but after a while one spoke in a rather gruff but somber tone.

"Excuse me... Droid, what is it you have business here for? What is your model name and number?" The security man seemed a little unnerved, but HK-52 approached the situation in a very calm manner.

Respectful statement: "Master, I am only here, because my previous master was on route from Corellia in that very star ship. You see, it is quite tragic that his trip should end in such a way, but it did. So, as of right now I appear owner less and feel I must help those who need it. As to your latter question, my model name is HK and my number is 52."

The security officer hesitated for a moment, somewhat remembering the model name, as he looked straight at the droid, analyzing his every syllable. There was something odd about this droid, but during HK's oration the droid didn't move or twitch in a way that would indicate abnormalities. After a bit more scrutinizing, the security officer decided there was nothing really more to worry about that was of a bigger concern than the people and left the droid alone as he continued further into the wreckage to make sure everything was ok.

HK-52 smiled a little inside as he witnessed firsthand the feeble mercy the meat bag offered to the very culprit of the catastrophe around him. It was really very ironic as the droid seemingly went about its way picking up the fallen. While he carried on about his charitable work though, HK-52 never failed to make inquiries to any stranger about strange or important occurrences on Onderon lately; for instance, the entrance of a fairly memorable person on its surface.

At first his interrogations were met with little reply as the people he helped walked away with brimming smiles on their faces, but after a few hours of arduous labor, HK's questions were answered. He was very polite when he voiced his inquiries and received a polite answer from the local cantina owner. The star port Cantina had evacuated yes, but the manager stood by to make sure his patrons made it through safely. Not seeing the harm in revealing the information due to the fact it was relatively widespread news on Onderon, the Cantina owner mentioned that HK's mark was present on the surface.

HK-52 was gleeful in repose, but the Cantina owner only knew half of what came of this disclosure. HK-52 thanked the owner and set about his quest to find his victim. He wasn't about to disclose his real intentions to anyone and those who would find his actions faulty would be greeted with a well executed and thought of lie. In preparation for more news, HK-52 hid himself as an aid robot for hire around the city.

HK23.png

Onderin's look was grim. His very presence was causing problems for Iziz, unless this was simply a coincidence, which was probably unlikely. "I spend most of my time at headquarters," he said. "We are attacked frequently by terrorists, Sith, and Imperials, but we're very efficient at dealing with these threats from a long way off. I guess the answer is yes."

But what really could he do about it? He couldn't stay locked up behind layers of military defenses at all times because half the galaxy wanted him dead. Well, he amended, perhaps not half the galaxy but at least one very important enemy--Vladimir Faust. Somehow, Onderin wouldn't be surprised if Faust was behind this somehow--it smacked of his style except that it didn't really have any chance of succeeding.

Unless the point wasn't really to kill him. Again Onderin looked at Van Isel, a bit of suspicion hidden deep within him. Was he really getting paranoid?

3C12kbA.png

Joreel could not wait any longer for Aschen to land, and he sent a signal from his datapad to him giving him encrypted coordinates to the Mandalorian base residing in the midst of this Jungle. Ordo could already feel the Admiral's presence and he had little time to waste when it came to being a good host. Summoning the Force to him, Joreel ran toward Iziz at a blazing fast speed. He used his knowledge of the jungle to leap from tree to tree keeping him from the dangers on the ground until eventually he found himself on the outskirts of the city.

He looked up to see the cities batteries blazing shooting something in the sky. At first Ordo thought it to be a Drexl attack, but it seemed to be something most treacherous in the end, a shuttle, suicide bombing, a terrible crime, but a stupid one at that. When the ship was destroyed and the alarm's of Iziz ceased, Ordo made his way to the front gate, using his ability in the Force to trick the minds of the men who were on guard duty and entered the city heading immediately to the Cantina.

However, upon arrival, he found Onderin not in sight, Ordo used the Force to trace him and found him elsewhere within the city. As soon as he could, Mandalore got into a speeder and hurried to the location of his contact and soon enough he caught up with them, in the company of the man who he had seen at the Mandalorian base a while before.

”œOnderin Starlisk, I apologize for my lateness, rest assured it looks as if some do not want this meeting between us to come to fruition.”

I was relieved when the danger had passed. I relaxed back in my seat while Dr. Isel drove us the rest of the way to Luna's ship. Suddenly, I frowned. I was the only one who appeared relaxed. Isel seemed to simmer with anger, though towards whom or what I couldn't place. Luna seemed irritated at the whole thing, and Onderin had an air of suspicion fringing on paranoia. My frown deepened. I sensed nothing wrong, but Onderin at least was much more in tune with the Force than I was. If he thought something suspicious was going on, I'd best pay attention.

When we arrived at the ships, I climbed out of the speeder and thanked Isel for the quick ride. "Without you, we could have been in serious danger." I fell silent as Isel and Onderin spoke, but soon my attention was drawn to a new man approaching us, dressed in traditional beskar'gam. As he spoke, I realized this was Mandalore, the man we had come to meet. Curious, I brushed his presence with the Force, and was shocked to discover that he was not only Force-sensitive, but highly trained in his powers. Mandalore? A Jedi?

I was too surprised to say anything, which was probably just as well, since I was not being spoken to and was doing my best to curb my habit of speaking out of turn.