Yehveshi Minor

"The only way we could change was we look like would be to kill each other. That should switch us to someone else, but there is no telling who or where we would end up," Kyle replied on the way to the back exit.

After everything went down, Kyle was lost as to a course of action to take.

"No. I don't think you have any magi powerful enough to blind or hurt all fifty men... but maybe we don't need to do that," Kyle replied as a light went off in his head. "If you could, in essense, cloak us and create a shield of invisiblility around us I imagine we could pass by them undetected! I don't imagine you could hold it long, but you might be able to hold it long enough for us to make our escape!"

Kyle gave Dizzy a huge hug, "You're a genius! My girl's a freak'n genius!"

Finishing with a kiss on her forehead and another big huge, Kyle was obviously excited about the plan, shaking her joyfully. If it worked they could get to the exit and return to the entry room.

Kailsig1.jpg

Dizzy was beginning to get some feeling of needing to return to Thorpe Corporation. She didn't know why though. It was just suddenly in her thoughts. Giving her head a small shake, she gazed back at 'Titis',

"Well that course of action is out. We need to get back... I... just get this feeling... and we need to find Ka still..."

She listened to the type of magi she'd be able to do or not be able to do, beginning to feel dejected when Kyle mentioned that she should be able to cloak them enough to escape. She returned his hug, her eyes raised to his with the first hint of a smile she'd shown since this 'game' began. Diz closed her eyes, focusing on protecting them, making them invisible to those they needed to be hidden from. Her hand went to the pendant, the other went around his waist so that they had body contact. When she felt they were ready, that they were unseen, she gave him a gentle squeeze,

"Lets go"

1cQgV4y.jpg

"Truth be told, though, you are Tandra Qwinn's daughter, heiress to the Qwinn house. There is no mistaking it." Deborma

The two proceeded carefully down the hill. Even though there were a few close calls, it would seemed that it worked. Entering the exit, Kyle and Dizzy entered the group pod and were ushered back to the game entrance in mear seconds.

Kyle was estatic. At least, until the pod doors open. His eyes widened like bulbs. As a group of armed pirates began to turn around, Kyle hit the button to close the door. He nearly gagged.

"Holy... what are we going to do now?! Oh, crap. Holy crap. Damn it! Damn it! Damn it!"

Kyle was freaking out as he ruffled his hair nervously with his hands and frantically paced inside the group pod.

Kailsig1.jpg

Getting past and into the pod with Kyle, Dizzy breathed a sigh of relief... until the doors opened and the Pirates came into view. The words from a familiar voice... "We've been waiting for you Diz" ... were muffled as the door was slammed in their face, the two staring wide eyed at each other in the small room.

"no... No... NO... NOOOO!!"

She fell to her knees, fear making her desperate as she began to weep. She didn't ever want to go back to that life now that she'd had a taste of freedom. Her mind was going round and round, words escaping her lips in amongst her tears...

"How'd they find us... how'd they get here... can't go back... got to get out of here... I can't go back... need help..."

What she wanted desperately was to be in Kyle's arms, for him to tell her that everything would be alright. A shudder went through her as she heard the pounding on the door. She jumped up, going straight into Kyle's arms and holding him tightly.

"Where do we go? Will... will we be the same character if we go back into the game? Is there anyone in there we can trust? Is there a way to get help?!? Please Kyle... I can't go back... I can't..."

1cQgV4y.jpg

"Truth be told, though, you are Tandra Qwinn's daughter, heiress to the Qwinn house. There is no mistaking it." Deborma

Holding Dizzy in his arms gave Kyle a new sense of calm and determination.

"There is no way in hell I'm letting them so much as touch you! No way!"

Raising her chin to look him in the eye, Kail continued, "Diz, you've got to go back. After we take you back, I'll deal with the thugs. Find my brother and let him know the situation. It's the best I can think of with such short notice. I don't have my comm or anything else on me. It's all in my locker. You've got to trust me on this, k?" he finished giving her a quick good-bye kiss on the lips.

Kailsig1.jpg

"Don't let go of me... please Kyle... don't let the pirates get me..."

If she had to go back into the game... it was the lesser of the two evils. They needed help. She clung to him as he kissed her, kissing him back as if it were the last thing she'd be able to do. Diz wiped her damp face, taking a deep breath.

"Will we look the same this time? Since we've been out here?"

She didn't care one way or the other, she just didn't want to let him go, holding tightly to his hand. In the back of her mind she knew it wouldn't look right for a 'brother and sister' to be affectionate, though she'd not had a sister since she'd been six. Having siblings and how to act around them had receded from her memory. Gathering her courage, she nodded.

"I trust you Kyle."

1cQgV4y.jpg

Kyle kept his eyes on Dizzy the entire way back. He wasn't sure when he would see her again. Stepping out into the cave, Kyle released his grip on her hand.

"Find my brother if you can. We have this code name thing. I know it's kinda cheating, but yeah. If anyone responds to 'nice to meet you Mr. Mister' it's him. I love you, Disra. I really do. I'm so sorry someone had to ruin our game. Still, I want you to know I love you. I love you so much."

Finishing his final words, Kyle bolted for the exit and closed the door. Locking out the exit for a timed out period of 15 minutes, he wasn't going to be followed. This was personal now.

Returning him to gaming entrance, Kyle keep the doors closed and waited for a good ten minutes. He figured that the goonies might let their guard down a little by then.

Finally openning the doors, the thugs were indeed surprised as he bolted out, colliding with the two of them nearest to the door. Bouncing off them as they fell to the floor, Kyle darted for the corridor entrance. Behind him several blaster bolts slammed the walls sparaticly.

Woah! They aren't even trying to use stun.

Finding his way to the special "elevator" at the end of the hall, Kyle jammed the button hard.

"Come on, come on, come on, come on, come on!"

As the doors openned, Kyle flinched as several beams of red light slammed into the wall and nearly hit him. Jumping in the elevator, Kyle again jammed in the button of his destination. As the doors slowly closed, Kyle was suddenly thrown against the wall.

Ow. My shoulder!

Kail watched from the ground as the pirates charged on his location. Holding one hand on his shoulder, he cringed as the deep burn sizzled a little. Burnt human flesh never did smell good.

Regardless, the pirates were too late. The elevator took off, ushering Kail back to the main section of the building. Walking out pained but triumphant, Kyle hadn't taken more than two steps before he stopped. The pirates had taken over the whole building. He was starting to not like the fact that his amusement park was so seculeded.

But what about security? They took out our entire security force, too?!

Quietly leaving the elevator, Kyle moved into a nearby store just 10 feet from the elevator entrance. Sneaking around, Kyle hid behind shelves of goods as he scoped the area out. There had to be something he could use. Taking in everything in view, Kyle found it strange that he didn't see the store owner or any employees at the counter. He could only figure that the pirates must have rounded everyone up in order make things easier.

Suddenly, Kyle heard a "Psst. Psst." Staying crouched, Kyle headed behind the counter to find a young body hiding under it.

"Ew! What happened?"

"Shoo... shoo... I'm ok, what happen to your parents and everyone?"

"They took all the workers and my parents. My parents hid me in the cabinet back here. What did we do? Who are those people? Kyle, I'm scared."

It was Jermaine and Telli Kail's son, Dru. He couldn't remember if they were his third cousins twice removed or his fifth cousins through his dad's side or what, but he knew the family well. They lived in the capital city and Kyle had often visited this store after a long day at the plex the one year he went plex crazy. He almost lived in the plex that year. That sure brought back memories.

Shaking off the nostalgia, Kyle knew there was no time for it right now.

"Dru, is there anyway to get to the communications room or the security lockers? I obviously can't walk there."

"I don't know. Do you know where they took my mommy and daddy?"

"No. But I'll find them. Don't worry," Kyle said as he could see Dru was about to cry. "Stay strong champ. I need to know if you know where I can get to the ventilation shafts. Like the air vents and stuff. The things that heat and cool the building. Should be like a big metal thing in the ceiling with little line gaps. Any of that make any sense at all?"

Dru paused for a few seconds, then he whispered, "I think I know what you are talking about. Come on."

Kyle followed him into the backroom "wherehouse" where they stored backup supplies and goods, cleaning supplies, and other items. Looking around, it took a second before Kyle spotted it.

"There it is. Now, Dru. Do your parents have a ladder?"

"Yeah. They use it to put up ads above the top shelves sometimes."

"Where is it?"

Dru pointed to a small ladder in the corner.

"Thanks."

Hurrying over, Kyle carefully positioned the ladder under the vent and climbed to the very top. It got very unstable, but Kail used the finesse necessary to keep from falling while still powering the vent enough to move the grill up and over into the shaft.

Looking down at Dru, Kyle ordered him, "Dru, stay hidden here until I get back. If anyone finds you, you didn't see me. And move this ladder back to where it was, K?"

"Ok, Kyle. Will you find my parents?"

"You bet I will."

"Thanks so much, Kyle."

"No problem, kiddo."

Struggling to use his arm strength to lift himself into the vent openning while ignoring the intense pain he felt from his shoulder, Kyle quickly placed the grill back over the openning in the ceiling once he was inside. The space was cramped, only enough room to crawl on his hands and knees. That would have to do, however. The only thing Kyle regretted was not knowing how the ventilation system worked. He knew what direction he had to go to get to both the comm station and the security room. He didn't know, however, if the vents led directly to them or not.

Crawling forward, Kyle thought of Dizzy. He felt bad about leaving her by her lonesome, but he knew that if she could find Titus she would be alright. Plus, the only people that had been left were either Dru Wrine, Simon Leet, Jason Kailios so he had to be one of them. Hopefully that made things easy.

As Kyle continued to make his way, he could hear people yelling below him. Undoubtly, the other pirates had returned to notify everyone that Kyle was on the loose. He would have to be even more careful now. There was no telling how many guards would be stationed at his expected destinations.

Kailsig1.jpg

Diz was puzzled as to why he was speaking the way he was, thinking only that they would split up once they got in there.

"I love you too Kyle." Then getting suspicious he was going to do something stupid she added, "What are you up to?"

Concern was in her voice especially as he took off back towards the door where the pirates were, "Kyle NO!!"

A sob caught in her throat as he launched himself out the exit. She was left alone. That's what he meant by 'find his brother'... Mr Mister... Diz stared back towards the way Kyle had gone, very much worried for his safety. How did the Pirates find them? Did they have some tracking device inside of her that she didn't know about? What about the authorities? Did they have Ka-Rith? So many questions haunted her. Dizzy knew she had to go back into the game world though, and didn't want to.

She stepped into the cave, remaining silent as she brushed her tears away. Her hand went to her neck, finding the pendant still there... that meant she was still the same character then... Jazmin Rue. Who were the other's again? She went through the names of the men, Dru Wrine, Simon Leet and Jason Kailios... he'd have to be one of them wouldn't he? He'd hardly be one of the female characters.

Guess I go out the way I came in... Focusing as before, only this time finding it harder to do because of her concern for Kyle, 'Jazmin' made herself unseen to those that would be outside the cave. Silently she made her way outside, the guards all where they were before, none the wiser for the two having gone past them. She crept past them, very careful to keep her cloak intact and very careful not to bump or touch any of them. She had to hold her breath a few times due to close calls, but eventually made it back to where they had left the horses. They were still there.

Making sure no one could see her, she dropped the spell, resting her head against the horses neck, letting herself sob. She knew it wouldn't do any good to do that and she needed to find Titus. Where would he be? She pushed back from the horses neck, moving over to the stream and washing her face. It wouldn't disguise the fact she'd been crying, but hopefully no one would notice by the time she approached them. She'd been used to hiding her emotions, she would now have to go back to doing that. Kyle had changed her outlook, had shared emotions with her and she with him that Diz would never have done with anyone else.

Resolve now in her mind, she leapt up onto the back of the horse, leading the other one as she headed back to the camp they had originated from.

1cQgV4y.jpg

When Dizzy finally reached the camp, she was greated by a Jason Kailios.

"Good day. Ma'lady. As the Queen's personal advisor, I'd like to speak to you in private."

Taking her to a nearby tent, Kailios began, "Where is Kyle? We need to talk. This was suppose to be a private group thing. I didn't say he could invite anyone else. That Duke friend of his is been a complete 'jerk'! He's lucky I haven't socked him in the face by now!"

---------

As it would turn out, the stores and the administration areas must have been on a different ventilation system because Kyle had no success in locating them. Somewhat dismayed, Kyle decided he would have to go it on foot again. Finally coming to the end of the system, Kyle removed the metal girder and looked down into the room below. It looked like the backroom to a replica store.

There was only one such store he know of in the plex. It specialized in replica swords and daggers from the different game worlds. Kyle grinned as he realized how he could use this to his advantage. Replicas had one important aspect to them. They were in essense the "real thing" and therefore could be used like the "real thing." A few sharp swords or daggers much come in handy in close combat.

Trying to slide himself slowly out of the openning feet first, Kyle panicked as his grip on the slippy metal surface failed. As he hit the ground there was a definite thud sound to be heard. Quickly falling from a height of probably 10 feet, Kyle's air was completely knocked out of him when he landed on his back. Gasping for air, any air, Kyle rocked back and forth on the floor holding his chest.

Kailsig1.jpg

Dizzy followed Jason into the tent, hearing him ask about Kyle as soon as they were alone.

"Titus?... Mr Mister?"

She wasn't sure yet if it was him, needing to confirm it first... Jason was one of the names on the list. Seeing him nod as he murmured 'nice to meet you'. Dizzy sighed in relief, so relieved she actually embraced him.

"Thank the Force it's you!"

She had to struggle to compose herself a moment, stepping back, embarrassed at her reaction but she was so glad to find someone else she actually knew she could trust.

"Kyle didn't bring anyone else. We need to get out of here Titus. Who else is in your group? The Pirates are here. The ones that Kyle rescued me from. The Duke is probably one of the pirates in disguise. We're all in danger. Kyle's gone out to get help or to face them or something. We tried to get past them at the exit near the cave. We got out there and the Pirates were outside, in the building. They've taken control of the place. I'm worried about Kyle. They'll kill him. The old hermit... he said he was Kyle's Father ... he wasn't. Kyle caught him out... he had to be one of them..."

The memories of voices just before she woke had come to her, realising that it was Kyle finding out that it wasn't who he was pretending to be. Dizzy didn't know if Titus had heard any rumours of her past or not, or if he would actually take her seriously now. If he would think she was playing another game with him. She hoped he would take her seriously, that they could gather his friends and take out the pirates inside as well as out. They needed to get to Kyle, before the Pirates killed him. Dizzy had no doubts that they would kill anyone to get her back. They'd killed her whole family before and now she had someone else that she loved she had no doubt at all that they would take him from her too.

Her fear was as obvious as it was real.

1cQgV4y.jpg

Kyle could hear talking from outside. Someone was coming. Trying to gather himself, Kyle crawled to the wall.

From outside, a pirate guard reached for the doorknob, turning it slowly. Gradually openning the door, it creeked as the guard stopped it halfway and peeked in. No seeing anything, the guard carefully entered the empty room. Suddenly the man realized there was a hole in the ceiling where the vent should have been.

It was too late. The door quickly slammed shut as Kyle kicked it closed. The guard only had enough time to turn and see a wrapped up piece of memorabilia smack him upside the head. Out cold, Kyle quickly removed the man's ammo vest and weapons.

As the door openned again, Kyle quickly dove into a roll as he set off a few rounds into the entering guard. Slug throwers weren't always the best weapons, but he found he liked them at times. Especially when he was feeling pissed off, the sight of his enemies blood was never a bad thing. Taking the other dead man's ammo, Kyle crouched and moved slowly and carefully out of the backroom door. They knew he was here now. It wasn't going to be easy to get where he had to go.

---------

Titus could tell Disra wasn't joking.

"What?! You've got to be kidding me! Why would pirates be after you, again? Enlighten me, please?"

Titus began to pace the room.

"Kyle bringing a hot normal chick home. I knew that was too good to be true. No, he brings a freakin fugitive! Oh my Valtros! I can't believe this! Why me, Valtros? Why me? That's why you agreed to come, didn't you? Kyle probably promised you safe passage and life would be great and all that. Never trust, Kyle. He's got a few screws loose.........Obviously!"

Rubbing his face nerviously with his hands, Titus continued to pace frantically, "I can't believe this. We are infested by pirates and my clothes and my comm and everything is in the lockers outside of the game world. Best of all, they are outside! I can't believe this! This is ridiculous. Freakin ridiculous! Valtros! What are we going to do?! I'm at a loss. If we can't leave then how are we suppose to get out of here! You've got to be kidding. Please tell me this is all a big, evil, funny joke. Please..."

Kailsig1.jpg

Diz was having a hard enough time calming down herself without having to calm Titus as well.

"Why do you think they're after me?! What would you do if your best dancer escaped?"

She turned away from him, worried sick about Kyle. How much she cared about him was becoming very obvious to her. She did love him more than she'd realised. Titus's rant was getting on her nerves, Diz spinning back around to face him again,

"Why you? WHY YOU!! You're not the one being hunted! Do you even know what that is like? To have your whole family killed?!"

Her face went pale as she again turned her back on him. She had come with Kyle because he'd asked her to... because he loved her... and she loved him.

"Oh no... love would never have entered your mind would it?"

Dizzy had a hard time stopping the tears from falling again. One thing that she did know though. She wasn't staying here in this force forsaken game while Kyle was out there on his own against the Pirates. She went back into their lair once before and faced them, now she needed to get a hold of some form of weapon to use against them. Nothing in here was real, she knew that now. What she did need to do was to take out this Duke. He was obviously one of them. She wished she knew someone else, anyone else that would be able to help her.

Well there was one thing she could do. It would mean going back to a life of misery though, but it might save Kyle. She'd go back out there. They were after her. If she gave herself up... they'd have what they wanted. They'd leave and no one else would be killed. More tears followed the first as she resigned herself to losing her freedom.

Without looking back at Titus, she spoke

"Where's this Duke? They'll keep killing until they have me. You're right about one thing Titus. For a while life was great. The time I was with Kyle. Tell him... just tell him I love him... I'll always love him."

It should be easy enough for her to find the Duke, any one of the soldiers outside would know where he was. She would give herself up and stop any other bloodshed. Without another word, Dizzy walked out of the tent intending to find whichever of her captors the Duke was.

1cQgV4y.jpg

"Pheeft... best dancer? Get out of here. You serious? Seems like a lot of trouble to go through just for a dancer."

As Dizzy continued, Titus felt bad. He could hear it in her voice that she wanted to cry. He didn't like to make people cry.

"I...I... didn't mean it like that... I mean... I'm sorry. I've... I've just never heard of anything like this happening on Yehveshi Minor. It's just... wow..." Titus stopped, sitting on the tent bed.

Titus was interrupted by Dizzy's plan. He listened very skeptically, but by the time she finished he didn't even know how to respond.

"I don't know about all that. I mean, do you really think that if they went through all this trouble they are going to stop if they have you. I mean, why wouldn't they still kill Kyle? Wouldn't they fear he would break you out again? And even if your plan did work, how do we even know if he's still alive? We should at least make sure of that first, shouldn't we?"

Kailsig1.jpg

"I'll find a way to break free again. I did last time, I will again. Kyle found me after I'd gotten away from them the first time. We went back and killed the Pirate Boss and his second. One way or another I'll get back to Kyle. If I've got to give myself up to do so I will."

She wasn't all that confident about being able to escape a second time, and she did fear for Kyle's life. That was why she wanted to give herself up. She would rather die than live without him now. He'd shown her a taste of freedom. Dizzy knew for a fact that once they had her, she'd be black and blue in no time flat. They wouldn't do anything to marr her looks of course, but there were ways of beating someone that didn't leave permanant damage. They'd done it to her before and she had no doubt under the suns that they'd do it again. This she was all resigned to.

"How better to see if he is alive than to give myself up? They might be good with their fists, but they won't kill me. I was too valuable for that."

She said the last in past tense. Truth was, she didn't know if they'd kill her now or not for what she did when she went back there with Kyle and Ka-Rith. Her head went down, looking at the ground.

"At least then you in here will be safe. They get what they came for and leave."

It was possible that they would keep Kyle alive too, he was a former slave as well. To have two former slaves back in their grasp again... she hated to think of what the Pirates might do to them both. She didn't want to think about it at all. She seemed to be grieving already for freedome lost, but it wasn't quite lost yet...

There had to be another way... some way of beating the Pirates and coming out of all this both alive and free.

"There's no other way out of the complex? No hidden back doors that don't lead inside the plex?"

1cQgV4y.jpg

Titus resumed pacing, although more controlled and slowly this time, "No. No, I don't think so. I mean, this game is contained inside a solid metal wall boundaries as far as I know. There isn't much else we can do. We could go back to the exit and see if the pirates are still there, I guess. I don't know. I'm not good at these things. Where is Kyle when you need him!"

Titus threw up his hands.

Kailsig1.jpg

"Kyle is out there facing those... those monsters and every moment we stand around here makes it that much closer to him being killed!"

Dizzy whirled around from Titus again, beginning to pace herself.

"You're the one who lives here! You're the one who knows this place. Surely you know of some way to get out of here without them knowing?!? What about your friends dammit! Someone has to know!!"

Dizzy was in a mix of emotions. She wanted to cry, she wanted to throw things, she wanted to kill the Pirates that were doing this to her... to Kyle.

1cQgV4y.jpg

"I don't know any more about this kind of thing than you! Do you think I plan for this sort of thing?!"

Titus went silent for a few seconds, continuing to pace. Suddenly, he paused.

"Wait! What time is it? I... I need the real-time. The late night shift should be coming on duty soon. And... and if they see what is going on... maybe... maybe the word will get out!"

Suddenly, the tent curtains parted as the Duke entered, "And what word might that be?"

Kailsig1.jpg

Dizzy whirled on the Duke, her eyes cold as ice.

"The word of a traitor... Duke. The Queen must be informed."

She continued, her eyes never leaving the one she had figured was a Pirate.

"The next shift of guards should be on the alert for this traitor."

Her eyes narrowed as she waited for this so called 'Duke's' response. Dizzy had fallen easily into her self protection mode, used to having to think quickly over the years to avoid beatings whenever she could.

1cQgV4y.jpg

"We have your boytoy. You know that, don't you? Every second you waste here, we torture him a little more. I would hate to have to inform him that it was your insolence that cost him a few limbs," he replied with a smug smirk and devious eyes.

"Why you..." Titus began as he moved towards the Duke angrily.

"Silence, boy! This matter does not concern you any more than what you do to me might have repercussions on your precious brother."

---------

Kyle found himself in a fire fight as he blindly stuck his gun over the counter and set off rounds at random intervals. After some time and a few dead pirates, the shootout stopped. Peaking his head out a little, Kyle looked around. At first he saw nothing. Then suddenly, he realized what was about to happen.

"Oh shi...!" Kyle muttered to himself as his crawl broke to a fast crouch in the direction anything he could use to take cover behind.

Suddenly what sounded like hundreds of rounds of ammunition when off as the room was flooded with bullets. Wood chips flew, metal clanged, memorabilia fell, shelves collapsed, glass cracked, splintered, and shattered, dust slowly began to envelop the room as pieces of ceiling and wall crashed to the ground, and everything was left completely torn up.

Kyle found himself flat on the ground with him hands covering his ears. As items and garbage fell on him, Kyle began to cough. All the dust from the destruction was starting to evade his lungs. Reaching and stretching his bodysuit as best he could, Kyle attempted to screen his nose and mouth from the particles. The ceiling and everything else was now filled with holes and the only reason he wasn't was because he had managed to get himself behind on of the metal display cases. Still, he wasn't sure how long it would protect him. Finally, though, they stopped. He could hear laughter in the distance.

"I think that should take care of him, whereever he was. I hear the boss has located the girl, anyways. We should be outta here in no time."

Kailsig1.jpg

Her eyes narrowed once more, all thoughts of giving herself in to save everyone else totally gone from her mind as she glared at the Pirate.

"You bastard! I've had enough of the lot of you. I enjoyed slitting the manhood from your boss and I'll enjoy doing the same to you."

Before he could move to defend himself, Dizzy was running towards the Duke, dipping her shoulder and ramming it into the pirate's gut.

"Titus, RUN!!"

She grabbed for the sword on the Duke's sheathe, drawing it as she moved back from him, moving to slice between his legs.

1cQgV4y.jpg

"I'm not letting you have all the fun," Titus quickly replied.

"Wait!" the Duke yelled from the ground putting his palm between him and Dizzy. "I'm the only one that can keep Kyle alive. Plus, you can't really hurt me in this game world. I'll just become someone else. Let's think this through, why don't we?"

Meanwhile, Titus drew his own sword and was right behind Dizzy.

Kailsig1.jpg

"Who said anything about killing you right now? I'm gunna slice you and cause you a hell of a lot of pain and you're gunna feel it game or not."

She didn't heed the Duke, instead dancing around so her boot could connect with his groin as hard as she could manage.

"You lie! Don't you think I know your ways by now? You think I'm that stupid?"

A feral growl sound came from the back of her throat, hate showing in her eyes.

1cQgV4y.jpg

The Duke suddenly showed a devilish smile as he dropped the charade, his dark laughter filling the room.

"Stupid slave. You slaves are all alike. You always think with a one-track mind. We hacked the game. I see you as you really are. I feel no pain. I'm not here to play games. I'm here to dish out your punishment and return you to your rightful place. Heh. We really should see about aquiring this technology. It would work handsomely for punishing our dancers without actually harming them."

As he began to rise to his feet, Titus slashed at the Duke. His sword went "right through" him. It looked almost as if it was out phase with the game reality. It was almost like he had swung at a ghost.

Titus stumbled backwards, "What the..."

Dusting off his shoulders, the Duke flashed him a grin, "That's right, my boy. We hacked the game. How many times do I need to say that before it sinks in, eh? We hacked the game. I'm a god."

With lightning quick speed, the Duke drew and tossed two small knives, one entering Dizzy's sword wielding shoulder and the other taking out Titus's.

"Enough with your games, children. I've seen enough. You have five seconds. We go now or Kyle dies."

Pulling the knife out of his shoulder, Titus rushed the Duke in a fit of rage. Very calmly, the Duke caught his blow. Counterstriking with another small knife, the Duke sent Titus to the dirt clenching his stomach.

"As I was saying, what shall it be?"

Kailsig1.jpg

Dizzy was so angry, she was seeing red. Hearing that he hacked the game shouldn't have surprised her, but it did anger her further. She couldn't hurt the bastard. His commenting on using the technology to punish the dancers in such a manner had her trembling with her fury.

Being hit with the knife into the shoulder did nothing to dull her rage, the girl pulling it from her shoulder as Titus did the same with his. Her arm was useless. If he was cheating, having hacked the game, there was nothing they could do to him. A sob caught her throat as she saw Titus getting mauled with more knives. She couldn't stand back, launching herself back at the Pirate, jumping onto his back as he attacked Titus and clawing at his eyes, punching his head as she flung her legs around him to whack him in the groin as much as she could.

1cQgV4y.jpg

The Duke closed his eyes as he tried to shake her off. As she continued to attack him, the Duke took his elbow and repeatedly thrust it into her side. Powerfully wedging it, he continued to do so until she released her grip and fell off of him.

Turning to her, he laughed evilly and shook his head trying to ignore the pain she had inflicted to his head just moments ago, "You pitiful slave. I fail to see how you were even worth all the trouble. I'd just as well kill you, but you are wanted alive. I grow tired of this.

Reaching for a small device on his shoulder, the Duke questioned, "Should I tell the firing squad to proceed my dear?"

Kailsig1.jpg

For all she knew Kyle could be dead already, knowing the Pirate's tactics. As far as she was concerned she had nothing else to live for so she had nothing more to lose by attacking as much as she could until her life was ended... only ... A thought hit her... here she couldn't die... she'd appear as someone else and be some where else from here. She panted, drawing her breath painfully from the wounds that the Pirate had inflicted as she caught the eye of Titus. She still had the knife in which he had hit her with, and also other weapons on herself too, including the magic token. The 'Duke' wasn't close enough to either of them to stop them.

The look she gave Titus was that she knew exactly what she was doing and for him to do the same... She saw his comprehension as the duke looked at her, thinking she was looking to Titus for reassurance or something. She drew the knife, seeing Titus do the same thing, plunging it into herself through her heart to kill herself. She'd appear elsewhere as someone else now. The pain was unbearable as she felt the blackness close in... then nothing... Jazmin Rue was no more, neither was Jason Kailios...

1cQgV4y.jpg

The Duke cursed, "Why does she have to be so stubborn!"

Then contacting his men, the Duke ordered, "I want everyone we can spare in the game world. Leave a few guards outside but I want everyone else in her. It's time for an endgame."

--------

Titus regained consciousness to find that he was on top of a beautiful rogue as she sat on the ground, pinned against a tree. They were in the middle of kissing as Titus came to and pulled away. Feeling his clothes for holes, Titus realized to his joy that the pain and death he had just endured was over. He had now become some dude in the middle of making out with a drop-dead gorgeous babe.

"Haha! I must have died and gone to heaven! If this is a dream, someone please don't wake me up."

Forgetting about everything else for the moment, Titus leaned back in for another kiss. Little did he realize that he had become Dru Wrine, mercenary and close associate of Rina Tie, the person Dizzy had just become when she died. It was a weird point to jump into characters mid-kiss, but things could be random like that. It was one of the drawbacks of having character jumps after death when the characters were game controlled until someone died and jump.

Kailsig1.jpg

(( ))

The pain of that last moment before 'death' had been very intense, though as she woke up, Dizzy felt she was dreaming. A smile crossed her face as she dreamt of Kyle, of the two of them kissing. The kiss deepened, Dizzy wondering what was different about the kiss as she became more aware of her surroundings. It was slow for her to comprehend that she was kissing someone, and it wasn't Kyle.

As he drew back from her, Dizzy's eyes widened, seeing his hands go to his clothing and hearing his comment. With him leaning forward for another kiss, Diz pushed herself away from him, ashamed that she'd actually been kissing him, not his brother Kyle.

"Titus... no..."

It could only have been him from the reaction, Dizzy had the same need to look herself over to make sure there were no more holes, no more pain. She was quick to her feet, feeling guilty over having been thrown into someone else's arms. She did know one thing, she much prefered the feel of Kyle's lips to anyone elses. She felt her face flush with embarrassment and mortification. How could she have been put into a position where she was kissing someone else apart from her true love?

She took several steps away from Titus, turning away from him with her hand resting on a branch of a tree while her other hand wiped away the moisture that threatened to prick her eyes. She felt as if she'd been unfaithful towards Kyle. She'd had no idea what was happening, or what could happen with this stupid game. ... please forgive me Kyle... I do love you... and only you...

Their predicament came back to her in a rush as she saw out on the open plain, soldiers riding along the road. She hurried back to Titus's side, pulling him down under the follage so they couldn't be seen. Again her anger towards the pirates rose, making her wonder what sort of skills she was likely to have now with this new character.

1cQgV4y.jpg

Realizing he had just kissed Disra, Titus slapped his hand on his forehead and fell backwards. Resting his head in the soft grass, Titus lay there stunned. There was just something very wrong about that and the fact that he had enjoyed it was ever worse.

Wow... that was just wrong...

She does have nice lips, though.

The silence that ensued was more than awkward.

"Hey...well...uh... if it is any consolation, you have nice lips."

Before Dizzy could respond to his comment, though, he heard the sound of horses coming their way. Dizzy was quick to respond, yanking him to his feet and over to some nearby folliage where they hid. As the soldiers galloped past full speed, Titus waited.

When their hoof sounds had finally abated, Titus turned to Dizzy who was crouched closely next to him.

He whispered, "I know who we are. We'd have to be the rogues, Rina Tie and Dru Wrine. It would explain the clothes and what just happened. I think Dru proposes to Rina in scenario."

He nodded at her hand with a coy smile, "Looks like I..er...Dru made the proposition and you accepted. A shame we had to cut short such a blessed occasion."

Then from behind someone rested their hand on Titus's shoulder. Titus bounced back as the figure placed their finger over their mouth.

"Mr. Wrine, the knights are moving on the castle. We must get back there. We are going to need everyone we can muster."

Titus paused for a second, before muttering under his breath, "Oh Valtros. He's going for an endgame."

"Come on. We need to get ready for a big battle. I'll explain on the way," Titus ordered hastily.

Grabbing Dizzy's hand, Titus pulled her with them as they ran full speed back to towards the castle.

Kailsig1.jpg

"End game?"

Diz still didn't have a clue on how these things worked.

"But if they're cheating... and he did say they've hacked the game... how can we get round it?"

She followed on, her embarrassment momentarily forgotten in the face of the threat. Dizzy had flushed crimson when Titus had said she had great lips. The colour began to receed when they focused on the horses going past, though was short lived as Titus said who he thought they were... Rina Tie and Dru Wrine... the rogues. She felt so disappointed that Kyle and her hadn't had that senario together as Titus told her what it was. She'd jumped when someone approached them, feeling very much on edge for two reasons now.

As she followed along with Dru to the castle, she kept pace with him, her dancer's grace a mixed blessing in this situation. Rina wasn't even out of breath when she spoke as they hurried along...

"Ok, start explaining... what's happening... remember I've never done this before..."

1cQgV4y.jpg