Yehveshi Minor

Kail looked up from his plate, trying to finish the food before speaking.

Valtros cut him off with joyous laughter, "It's my secret recipe. Everytime we have a feast I make the dish."

"Yeah, and it's the one dish we always look forward to. When he puts his mind to it, Dad isn't that back of a cook."

"You better believe it! So how again did you two meet?"

Kyle glanced at Dizzy, "Well, I'm always bad with stories. And is it ever a long story!"

"I don't seem to be going anywhere at the moment. Do tell."

Kyle was unsure what to say, "Dizzy?"

Meanwhile, Deborma watched them from across the table. He had heard that name before. It was much too familiar. K'lar. Where had he heard that before. Getting up from the table, he moved up to Valtros and whispered in his ear. Valtros nodded "ok," as Deborma headed for the exit. Turning his attention back to the couple, Valtros looked from one to the other waiting for someone to tell him something.

Kailsig1.jpg

"It's very nice Sir."

Dizzy murmured, taking another mouthful. When asked how they met, Dizzy's eyes sought Kyle's. Swallowing, she gathered up her courage. They would find out sooner or later, it looked like now was that time. Her voice was very soft now, only just above a whisper.

"Kyle rescued me Sir. Until only a few days ago... I was a slave. Pirates killed all of my family 12 years ago. I don't even know which planet is my home."

Her voice trailed off, Dizzy concentrating on the plate in front of her.

1cQgV4y.jpg

"Truth be told, though, you are Tandra Qwinn's daughter, heiress to the Qwinn house. There is no mistaking it." Deborma

Valtros frowned, "A slave? I'm so sorry to hear that." Then he raised an eyebrow, "So Kyle was out being a vigilante again, I presume?"

I smirk came across Kail's face, "Yeah. Something like that. It was crazy. Maybe I'll tell you more about it sometime when everyone is not eating."

"That bad, huh? I don't know what to say. I'm happy that you do what you do and it's nice you saved a beautiful young lady like Disra, but you really need to be careful, son. One of these times you're going to get yourself killed."

"Yeah. I know. You always say that, but I haven't died yet."

"Everybody's lucky runs out sometime."

"I guess I'll just have to take my chances."

Valtros sighed, returning to eating his meal. Then, he stopped for a second looking up in thought, "When was it that our colonies were raided on Zaddja, again?"

One of the council members on the other side of the table spoke up, "11... wait no... yeah... it was 12 years ago actually."

Valtros thought about it curiously, "Facinating. I guess you two have more in common than I imagined. Who would have guessed? Two kidnapping victims and both in the same year. That must have been one bad year. There are those, you know. It's a real shame, too. It's a real shame."

Valtros faded, glancing down at his food beginning to eat slowly.

Kyle leaned over to Dizzy and whispered, "Don't worry about, father. My mom was killed in the initial raid of Zaddja from what I'm told. He gets a little distant at times when he talks about it. He'll be alright, though."

Returning it enjoy his meal, Kyle kept to small talk until he was full.

Smiling at his father, Kyle spoke, "Thank you for everything, father. You really didn't have to. I appreciate it, nonetheless. Now if it's ok, do you mind if we head to our room. I would be nice to get settled and have a chance to relax after the long trip."

Father nodded, waving his hand for one of the attendants to come over to the table.

Watching Dizzy, Kyle questioned, "You ready to go?"

Kailsig1.jpg

Dizzy could fully understand the sadness shown in Kyle's fathers eyes. She hadn't been aware that Kyle had been taken captive in the same year as she had either. She had fallen silent, back to concentrating on her food rather than wanting to speak any further. She had lost everyone that had mattered to her in the raid and it was still painful even now. It was one thing that she just couldn't forget. And the Pirates had never let her forget it. Maybe now that she was free, just maybe she could begin to put it all behind her.

She looked back at Kyle when he explained about his mother.

"I'm sorry"

She concentrated again on the food, still enjoying the tastes, even though her own memories had turned sad once more. Once she had finished, she noticed Kyle had already and was speaking to his Father again. At his question to her, Dizzy nodded,

"I'm ready Kyle."

1cQgV4y.jpg

"Truth be told, though, you are Tandra Qwinn's daughter, heiress to the Qwinn house. There is no mistaking it." Deborma

Kyle nodded, rising to helping her out of her seat. Wrapping his arm around her waist, Kyle hugged her tight to him as the two left the banquet hall together and were directed to their room.

Inside, Kyle saw that they each had their bads laying at the foot of their beds. Seeing that they each had a closet to themselves, Kyle began to unpack his luggage and put away his clothes.

As he did so, he figured he'd do a little friendly prying, "So what do you remember of your family, if you don't mind me asking? What was it like to have a mom?"

Kailsig1.jpg

Diz felt comforted as Kyle put his arm around her as they walked to their room. She even rested her head against his shoulder as they walked, liking the way it felt. As they began to unpack, Dizzy turned thoughtful at his question.

"I can't remember my parent's names... only ever as Mum and Dad. My sister was a couple of years older than me. Her name was Leana. My Mum... she was beautiful. Long brown hair and dark eyes, very gentle and loving. We lived in a big house with others around them, making kind of a circle in the center of them for gatherings. I can remember that we were always happy... until that day.

Mum tried to protect us when the Pirates came. So did Dad. My sister... she got dragged outside as I was but she got out of their grip, running towards Mum. They... they shot her as they ran a blade through Mum's back. They shot my father too, then shoved me into a crate."

It was so clear in her mind. The burning buildings, the screaming. Seeing what happened to her parents, to her sister.

"I miss them so much Kyle. Even after all these years. It's still very hard."

Her eyes had a far away look in them, sadness showing through.

"You'd think I would have forgotten it by now... since I was only six when it happened. But I haven't. I don't think it's something I can forget..."

1cQgV4y.jpg

Kyle's eyes glazed a little as they became slightly moistened. Chills ran the length of his spine before accumulating at the peak of his head, making his skull feel tingly. Soon his whole body began to feel tingly as the chills rippled like waves across his soul.

"I know was all that he could manage."

And then she mentioned that she wish she could forget.

"It isn't. But it is something you can repress. But when you lose that it's like you lose a piece of yourself. Like a lost a piece of myself..."

Kyle moved up behind Dizzy, wrapping his arms around her and resting his hands on her stomach. Laying his chin on her shoulder and leaning his hand against her soft brown hair, Kyle closed his eyes. Slowly rocking Dizzy slightly side to side as the stood there, a tear trickled down his cheek and off onto Dizzy's shoulder.

"I wish I remembered my mother so much. I wish..."

Kailsig1.jpg

She turned in his arms so she was now facing him, her arms in turn going around him, clinging to him as she let herself grieve properly. She couldn't stop her tears from falling, her grip tightening around him as her tears dampened his shirt.

"Please... don't let me go..."

Dizzy felt sympathy for Kyle, even as she wept for her own family. She hadn't let anyone see her cry before. Not since the beating she'd gotten from one of the pirates for crying. After that she had hidden all emotions from everyone. Reena was the only other that had seen her weep, and it had been times when they had comforted each other.

1cQgV4y.jpg

Kyle held her tightly, placing his hand softly on her head. He could feel his shirt soaking up her sorrow. Kyle tried to hold his own in, but it was just too much. He couldn't anymore. He had never actually cried with someone else around. It wasn't the manly thing to do. He had always cried by himself. But for some reason, he didn't feel out of place crying with Dizzy around. Letting tears of his own flow, Kyle keep mostly silent trying to console Dizzy, patting her head softly.

After several moments, Kyle finally uttered, "Dizzy, I love you so much. More than anything or anyone I've ever met, known, or loved. Please don't ever leave me... I love you so much," Kyle finished choking out the final sentence.

Kailsig1.jpg

It seemed in that moment the two became closer than before. Dizzy held tightly to him, feeling his body shudder along with her own. As the moments stretched out, her tears stemmed to a trickle, the girl becoming very aware of being in his arms. Kyle's words touched her in a way that she had never thought possible.

"Oh Kyle... I... I... love you too..."

Her voice was soft, her arms not letting him go. She did raise her head from his shoulder to look at his face though, both of them showing signs of the moisture that had run down both their faces.

1cQgV4y.jpg

Kyle smiled as he sniffled a little. Somehow, he felt much better now. In fact, holding Dizzy in his arms, he was happier than he had ever remembered being before.

Still holding her tightly, Kyle leaned in, kissing her soft warm lips. Time almost stood still has he paused, not wanting to pull away. The rush of life, love, and passion was unlike anything he had ever felt before. He didn't have words for it. He just knew that he never wanted this feeling to go away. He never wanted Dizzy to go away. He did love her. He loved her with all his heart.

Kailsig1.jpg

As his lips met with hers, Dizzy felt so different. Her whole body felt all tingly and she forgot all about the tears they'd just shed. The only thing she now thought about was how it felt with his arms around her, his lips on hers. Dizzy had never felt like this before. Her first kiss. She felt like her body was on fire, about to explode.

To begin with she had been hesitant, stunned at the emotions surging through her at the touch of his lips on hers. Slowly she had begun to respond to him, letting her lips part as she felt his pressing harder against hers. She was trembling from the emotion, her eyes having closed the instant before his lips touched hers.

1cQgV4y.jpg

Surprisingly, it was Kyle's first kiss as well. He could feel Dizzy trembling in his arms. It excited him more, as their lips meet for a second time and then a third. Then moving from her lips, Kyle softly kissed her neck.

Then suddenly, a knock came from the door. It startled Kyle as he bounced bounced backwards, still holding on tightly Dizzy.

"Oh, sorry. It startled me."

The knock came again.

Staring into Dizzy's eyes, Kail grinned, "I think I should get that. If you don't mind letting go of me for a second, I'll see who it is."

Kailsig1.jpg

It startled Dizzy to, the knock on the door making them break apart their kiss. She found herself blushing, and though reluctant to release him, she did, moving from him with an embarrassed smile to let him get the door. She moved back to her bag to hang up the final item and place the bag in the bottom of the wardrobe as well.

She turned around to see who it was at the door now, also still embarrassed.

1cQgV4y.jpg

Kyle kissed her one last time before they both let go. Wiping the tears off his face, Kail took of his shirt and jogged over to the sink. Splashing some water on his face and wetting his hair, Kyle placed a towel on his shoulders. He figured he might as well try and make it look like he had been shaving or something.

Openning the door, Kyle was greeted by an attendant, "I hope I'm not interrupting anything, but I have a letter for Ms. Disra K'lar."

"A letter? What kind of letter?"

"I don't know. I'm just here to deliver it."

"Ok, give it to me and I'll give it to her."

"I'm sorry. I need to give it to her personally to assure she gets it."

Kail frowned, "I'm Valtros's son. If I say I'm going to do something I do it. Here, how about I open this door all the way and you watch me give it to her."

The messanger shrugged, "Very well."

Taking the sealed letter, Kyle walked over and handed it to Dizzy.

Afterwards he walked back to the messanger, "You happy? Bye, now."

The messanger looked like he might have expected a tip or maybe he just wanted to add something, but Kyle shut the door anyways.

Walking over to Dizzy, he asked, "So what is it about? Who is it from?" Then he added teasingly, "Is there someone else you're not telling me about that I need to know about?"

Kyle then hopped onto the bed, sitting down to relax for a moment while he awaited Dizzy's response.

((FYI, The letter reads:

Dear Ms. K'lar,

You may not remember me from the banquet, but I am known by most as Deborma. I am currently the head of the Deborma house. I am contacting you because of your last name. I believe it may have greater significance than even you are aware of.

I have been called away on political business, but would like to speak with you as soon as possible. I will be back in town tomorrow. If you have time, meet me at noon in Rosashi Square gardens.

Your friend,

Mr. Deborma ))

Kailsig1.jpg

As Kyle answered the door, Dizzy tried to control her embarrassment, though she wanted to be back into his arms again. When the messenger delivered the letter, saying it was for her, Dizzy was very curious, coming closer to the door to find out what was happening. She took the letter from Kyle, looking at him rather bewildered as she turned it over in her hands.

"I've no idea who it's from."

She carefully unsealed the letter, moving over to sit beside him while she read it, letting him see it as well.

"He was the man you greeted warmly wasn't he? Any idea what he's referring to here?"

1cQgV4y.jpg

Kail frowned a bit, "Nope. I know just about as much as you on this one. I guess we should meet him there tomorrow." Kyle chuckled, "I wonder what old Deborma is up to."

Tickling Dizzy until she was laying on her back, Kyle resumed smooching her. He could really get used to the kissing part. Even though her lips and face had been a little salty from her tears, it was still delicious to kiss her. Looming over her body, Kyle passionately kissed her all over her neck and lips. Then once again, there was a knock at the door.

Somewhat frustrated, Kyle rolled over onto his back.

Looking at Dizzy next to him, Kyle questioned, "You want to get that? I got the last one."

Kailsig1.jpg

She giggled as he tickled her, falling backwards and squirming as he moved to kiss her again. She returned the kisses, thinking she could get used to this when there was another knock at the door. Again she burst into laughter, something that was very rare for her. It seemed that they weren't destined to have time alone for the time being.

"Ok, I'll get it this time..."

She relented, steeling one more kiss before pushing herself up, finding that she had to straighten her clothing abit before she went to the door, catching sight of her flushed face in the mirror before reaching it. Still smiling, she opened the door, speaking as she did so,

"Yes?"

1cQgV4y.jpg

It was Titus.

Looking up when Dizzy openned the door, he stuttered a bit, "Uh..I... I am sorry to bother you two. I just wanted to appologize for earlier. It's just that Kyle like never brings a hot...lady home. He's always been such a loner. Me and Luke figured he was trying to pull as fast one on us and decided to give him a hard time. I talked to dad, though, and I guess you two are legit."

At the point Kyle had joined Dizzy at the door, standing behind her with his hands resting on the sides of her waist.

Titus continued, "I want to make it up to you lovebirds. There is a sweet movie tonight at the plex! And dude, we got a huge group going. I wanted to invite you two as well. Do you guys think you can make it?"

Kyle looked up at Titus and then down at Dizzy, "Heh heh. I haven't seen one of those at the plex in ages. I'm game. What do you think, Diz?"

Kailsig1.jpg

Diz looked up at Kyle's brother, her laughter now contained, the girl now with a straight face. Well at least until he started to refer to them as lovebirds, making her face tinge with pink once again. Diz turned her body slightly so she could see Kyle's face as he come up behind her, leaning into his hands as he placed them on her waist. When asked if they would like to see a movie, her eyes sought Kyle's. Diz had never seen a movie before. She hadn't even been allowed to watch holonet, only catching glimpses of the monitors from time to time when she'd been 'entertaining' the pirates, or when she looked at the security monitors secretly.

"I'd like that... "

That she hadn't seen one before would be guessed by Kyle, though possibly not by Titus, not knowing anything about her.

1cQgV4y.jpg

Kyle did wonder if she had seen a movie before. He imagined they might have at least been giving that much, being that they were in the entertainment industry after all. Regardless, he hadn't seen one in a while and wanted to go.

Seeing they were in agreement, Kyle nodded, "We'll go, then. Thanks for the invite, Titus. It's not so bad having you as a brother after all," he teased.

Titus laughed.

Suddenly raising an eyebrow, Kyle asked, "VP or VR?"

"VR, dude!"

"Sweet! We'll see you there."

"Sweet, I'll see you two there!"

Kyle paused for a second as Titus turned happily to leave.

"Uh, Titus. When is it starting?"

Titus laughed, "Dude, my fault. I completely forgot. It starts in like a little over an hour from now, but everyone is showing up at the plex in an hour."

"Alright, cool. I'll see you then, bro."

"Yeah. See you then!"

Kyle closed the door.

Kailsig1.jpg

Once Titus had gone, Dizzy turned in Kyles arms again, slipping her own around his back and looking up at him.

"What's VR? I've never seen a movie before. What are they like?"

Dizzy tried not to let her ignorance in the matter effect her too much, though she was far from knowledgable about so much, even if she was a quick learner.

1cQgV4y.jpg

Kail grinned, "Well, it's hard to exactly explain unless you see it. You see, before the last Valtros passed on his power to my father he wanted to leave a something for the people, a gift. So he set to funding the plex. Taking an area of pretty uninhabitable land that was useless for anything worthwhile farming, mining, or otherwise, he commission the building of the plex. It's wow! The thing spans a distance of 50 square miles! you have definitely never seen anything like it. There are almost a never ending supply of things to do there. Plus, it's open to the public so for a reasonable fee anybody can enjoy the amusements there. Knowing my brother, though, he probably reserved it especially for our group."

Trying to hype it up for Dizzy and getting excited about it himself in the process, Kyle added, "Best of all, five square miles is dedicated solely to VR. And they change it every month. What you do is put in special contacts and a poly-synthetic headband. Don't worry, both of made for utmost comfort. The contact control what you see. Basically, objects, buildings, and the like are arranged specifically for that months VR. The contacts then are programmed to translate them as things. For example, a plastic tree might look like a real one or a stick might translate as a sword. Or, if you 'cut' yourself you would see yourself bleed. But how it really works is in conjunction with the headband. It seamlessly 'taps' your brain to manipulate your sense of touch and smell and feeling. It sends brain signals so that you brain registers them as different things. For instance, I might react out to touch a sticker bush. In actuality, it doesn't even exist. However, with the contacts it looks like it does. The beauty is that the headband finishes the illusion. If I touch the bush I will 'feel' the poke, and the contacts will intuatively associate blood with the injury as needed."

The whole thing, Kyle grinned to himself, "All the Debormas are pure genius. The whole idea of brainwave manipulation and synthetic optical illusions were invented by one of the past Deborma house heads. They are required to have indepth medical and scientific knowledge before taking their place and head of the family. Finally, one of them had a stroke of genius and thought, 'why not create the ultimate simulator.' It was a huge undertaking, though. It took him well over 200 years of research and study to develop and perfect. He finally did it, though, and while it was originally intended for military and medical training purposes, my grandfather decided that it should be used for our entertainment as well."

Kyle sighed, realizing he had been extremely long winded, "I'm sorry to talk so much, but I imagine this is the first time you've heard of anything like it and I figured you should have all the information. Knowledge of things like this don't go outside of our atmosphere. It could be a powerful weapon if any of our enemies got ahold of much of our technology."

Leaning in, Kyle tenderly kissed Dizzy on the lips, "How about we get dressed and we'll chat more afterwards. Heh Heh. I don't even have a shirt on. So do you want to bathroom or the bed?"

((OOC: For size, think Walt Disney World Resort is 47sq. miles, 121 sq. KM.))

Kailsig1.jpg

Dizzy smiled at his enthusiasm, finding it catching her up in it. Even in her wildest dreams she didn't think she could imagine such a place.

"So it's something like a pretend world?"

She was curious now. She thought that movies were something you watched, not something you participated in. Her confusion showed on her face. When he said about getting changed, Dizzy looked up into his eyes, wondering what sort of thing would be appropriate to wear to something like that. She did enjoy the kiss after his explaination though, finding that it was rather addictive to her.

"Bathroom... but... what sort of thing..."

She trailed off again, thinking that a pant suit might be the obvious thing to wear rather than a dress or skirt.

1cQgV4y.jpg

Kyle nodded at Dizzy's comment of a pretend world. That was one way to put it.

Starting her next sentence, Kyle finished her sentence,"Should you wear? Good question. We'll have to get you VR suit. I usually put one of those skin suits on under some regular clothes. You wear those inside the VR world. Clothes are visually imposed over the suits. We'll get you one when we get to the plex. For the moment, how about you just dress is something nice. Whatever is fine with me."

Kailsig1.jpg

Diz nodded to him, moving out of his grasp to look at the clothes she had unpacked. If she was going to have to get some other clothing anyway, she'd just dress simply and take a carry bag with her. She was curious about these suits, also wondering how much they cost. She didn't have much left in the way of credits. That was another point. How would she make any credit's? She would need to live on something.

She pulled out a set of black pants and a black top with a colourful embroided pattern across the front, and headed into the bathroom to get changed. She tied her hair up into a ponytail, putting a black band into it to hold it back from her face and dressed into the outfit she had selected. Checking herself over, she applied only minimal makeup before knocking on the bathroom door, asking if Kyle was decent yet.

1cQgV4y.jpg

"Come in," Kyle yelled from the other room.

When she openned the door, he grinned, "You seem to love wearing black so I figured I'd match with ya for once."

Kyle had also dressed himself in black wearing a pair of black slacks, and a black button down shirt, and black dress shoes.

Walking up to her, Kyle looped his arm, elbow extended towards Dizzy, "Shall we, beautiful?"

Kailsig1.jpg

"Certainly Sir"

Dizzy responded as she came in, moving over to the wardrobe and pulling on her boots. She grinned at him,

"Black goes with everything. At least I've got abit of colour on this time though"

She indicated the embroided piping that covered the front of her shirt. She linked her arm through Kyle's ready to go.

1cQgV4y.jpg

Nuzzling his head against hers for a second and laughing, the two walked out the doors. Following the corridors to one of the shuttle pads, Kyle informed one of the attendants of his plans. The man nodded, saying that Titus had told him to expect them.

Entering the shuttle, Kyle buckled himself in and then helped Dizzy with hers. The pilots cockpit was separated from the cabin by walls and a door. Glancing out his window, Kyle grabbed hold of Dizzy's hand.

"The take off on these shuttles can get a little crazy."

A thrill rushed through his body as the shuttle fired off straight up into the air. It felt like an extended elevator raising rush. Leveling out, the vessel began to head forward, destination the "plex." It was a good ten minutes away by shuttle. Overall, though, that wasn't too bad.

Kailsig1.jpg

Dizzy clutched onto Kyle abit more as the shuttle went straight up. A small surprised cry escaped her lips before she began to quietly laugh. The scenery that flashed by of the darkening sky caught her attention, Dizzy now staring out the window at the images flashing by, her eyes drinking it all in.

As they neared their destination, Dizzy gasped, her arm again tightening around Kyle's arm as it looked closer.

"Wow. That's... not what I was expecting. But then I didn't know what I was expecting..."

She gave another small laugh.

1cQgV4y.jpg