Gromas

BLCKCLONE

ShadowFett watched as several more Black Sun agents came to retrieve Piccolo's body. He was unsure of why they needed so many agents to pick up the body, but the fact that they were leveling blaster rifles at his head was somewhat offensive.

He knew full well that they would require Piccolo's body to bring him back--Piccolo had never been cloned and never would be. But did they think so highly of Fett to send three extra operatives just to collect it?

In answer to X7-X9's statement, ShadowFett spoke. "I wasn't aware that there was a bounty on my head unless the Black Sun placed it," he admitted in an emotionless voice. It would be something to keep in mind, but rarely did something like this get past 2277, his droid. "If you want the body, you can have it. I have no intent of guarding it here or keeping it for myself, for I see little reason to do so. I respect Piccolo enough to allow him to be restored as he wishes to rather than being cloned.

"Be gone," he told them. "Tell him when he awakens that I'm letting him keep his eclipse armor despite the fact that it is the only surviving suit of its kind in the known galaxy."

Settling his ship into an orbit around the planet, Angara waited to see if the retrieval was going to need his aid, or if the other agents would be able to take care of business. He was just a short comm away if the need arose.

Beltran narrowed his brow as Fett spoke. He had figured that Fett would react that way. Fett was a practical man. If Mandalore had just stayed out of it, I would have been half way back to Coruscant by now. The prideful part of him felt embarrassed for having called for reinforcements only to have Fett just hand over Piccolo's body. The other part of him, the professional part, didn't care. When he had sent the transmission, it had seemed that he would was going to die.

If I died, and no one knew that Piccolo and myself had been here, it is very possible that they never would have found us. I made a decision, one that I cannot and will not spend time regretting now.

Beltran stood waiting to see what X7, the apparent commander of this group of operatives, was going to do. Blood trickled down from the punctures in his armor and his muscles continued to spasm in response to the large dose of electricity that had jolted through him only moments earlier.

BeltranSig.jpg

It had finally been decided. He was allowing them to leave with Piccolo's body.

As Fett spoke, Mandalore lowered his pistols slightly. The other Black Sun operatives seemed to be acting civil, making no attempts to do harm to Fett or himself.

Across from him stood Beltran Rarr. His facial expression was one of dismay. No words were spoken between them though they both sensed what the other was thinking.

What the hell were we fighting for?

Mandalore replayed the scenario in his head. He had refused Beltran the body of Piccolo. He also remembered saying that it was up to ShadowFett to decide what would happen to body and until such a choice was made, he wouldn't be allowed to to take it. And then Beltran attacked him. In his mind he saw the whole ordeal as self-defense.

He thumbed the indicator switch on his pistols to safety, then lowered them completely. Mandalore gave Beltran a nod, showing respect to his character and fighting ability. Around the same time he was receiving a coded message from HQ, from his commander. He was needed. Looking in Beltran's direction he simply said:

"I'll catch you later."

Mandalore.jpg

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.

--William Tecumseh Sherman--

OOC: The situation seems to be defused, and Piccolo needs to come back, it's been more than three days.

IC: Several Black Sun operatives landed on the surface of Gromas. They were able to retrieve the Black Sun Captain now that the elite operatives had convinced Piccolo's enemies to depart. They headed back for the Citadel, signifying that the officers present should do the same.

pJzctEZ.png

"I'll catch you later."

As Mandalore turned to leave, Beltran couldn't help but feel a pang of regret. His battle with the bounty hunter had turned out to be completely pointless. While he wanted to blame everything on Mandalore, he couldn't. They both had just as much to do with it as the other. Still, after everything that had occured, Mandalore had conducted himself honorably and showed him respect. The least he could do is show the Mandalorian the same.

"Count on it." He responded.

There seemed to be little left to be accomplished. ShadowFett still lived, but Beltran was in no shape to change that. Turning away, he walked over to where the being called X7 - X9 was standing. Following him was a trail of red, made by the blood that continued to seep from his punctured armor.

I am beginning to feel light-headed. I must be loosing a lot of blood

Out of the darkness, several non-descript Black Sun operatives appeared, collecting Piccolo's body. Beltran watched as they respectively hefted the fallen warrior and carried him off into the darkness. There seemed to be nothing left to do except leave. Turning to the agents who had come to his rescue Beltran spoke to them quietly.

"Thank you for answering my transmission. I apologize that there wasn't more for you to do. This battle is finished, and I must return to Coruscant before my injuries render me unable to do so."

Nodding to each agent, Beltran holstered his pistols and began to walk back to his ship. For the first few steps, he moved easily showing little to no effects from his battle with Mandalore. However, as soon as he was out of sight Beltran collapsed to the ground. His heart began to race and his breathing became ragged.

The journey back to the Shadowfax was long, arduous and mostly conducted with Beltran on his knees. After close to an hour of struggling, Beltran finally found himself inside his ship. Removing his weapons, Beltran pulled a medpac from his locker. He went to work stopping the bleeding from his arm and infusing himself with an emergency supply of plasma. Almost instantly, Beltran began to feel more clear-headed. Making his way up to the ship's cockpit, he lifted off. Entering the atmosphere, Beltran programmed the navi-computer with a series of jumps that would eventually lead him back to Coruscant. As he raced off into hyperspace, Beltran couldn't help feeling regret that his first mission had turned out so badly.

BeltranSig.jpg

Rodya saw the Black Sun operatives land and take Piccolo's body. That was all that needed to be done, enough had transpired on Gromas, it was time for things to come to an end.

He hated leaving Fett, but the former Black Sun Agent had defeated Piccolo and deserved the right to go free, for now. He disengaged Laayla's automatic weaponry and piloted the ship back into orbit above the moon. He quickly calculated his destination, and with the push of a lever he entered hyperspace.

rodya2.jpg

ShadowFett shook his head when everyone left. The galaxy had been taken over by the foolish and dominated by imbeciles. The very Black Sun that had once been so potent was populated with inept mercenaries of the most base morality. There had even been a droid among the operatives that had shown up. Now, Fett had nothing against droids in particular, but they were so limited in mental processing that he believed they could never be compared to a living bounty hunter.

Regardless, it was his task in this galaxy to show that not all bounty hunters were of such ilk, and that some that were honorable and moral still existed. He was unlike any of these. Only Mandalore, who had left as well despite not having fulfilled his original goal in starting this whole mess, was of some comparison.

Boarding the Night of Vengeance, ShadowFett headed for deep space, where he soon entered hyperspace en route for Corellia, where he could easily obtain some tydirium and the means to create and put to use phrik alloy.

• 2 weeks later...

A small ship glided across the planet. Angel was heading back to the Anu. After gathering some phrikite. He was planning to make a sword out of it. The small gathering ship neared it destination. Angel pulled on the breaks. Something just came to him. It was a vision of sorts. His Father was on his knees. A gun to his head.

Angel was shaken by this image. Yet it felt so real. The planet looked like Tatooine. Angel's home planet. Then it hit Angel. His Father was dead. He couldn't feel his life force. Angel hit the thrusters. The small ship reached the Anu. It entered in the back, Angel raced to the cockpit. He typed in the coordinates. The Anu lifted off and headed home.

Hail Hutts! Gubernatio of maioribus assassins.

vendetta.jpg

Landing on the planet Drake hopped out of his ship and headed towards the small cavern he had spyed from orbit.

Entering the cavern he saw that he had been correct in his assumption he had found a vien of phrikite. Using one of his vibro knifes Drake carved around the vein. He carved over 20 pounds out of the rock before he had enough. He carried it out towards his ship when suddenly he felt dizzy. Getting to the ship and locking it in place, Drake set his ship on autopilot and headed back to Byss.

On the way he hoped to catch p on the sleep he had been missing lately

((SHNAP))

• 2 months later...

A Heavy Hauler Cargo ship drops out of hyperspace over the planet. The ship itself, and it's one million tons of Cargo space, was to large to land on the planet itself. Though, various transport ships were sent to the surface with workers and crew members. The mining operation was set up, they had a quota to meet for a special project their employer had in mind. They would spend well over a week working on this operation, loading up the ship in the atmosphere. The work was long and hard, but the pay couldn't be rivaled.

Carnage.jpg

Talon's assault shuttle dropped into hyperspace on the border of the Perkell system. The bright orange disk that was Gromas loomed before him, and Talon wasted little time in descending onto the moon's surface. It was a harsh desert world, but it was necessary for him to be here in order to harvest the precious phrikite ore needed to construct his special weapon. As he had already mined some cortosis from Bal'demnic (a small, ocean like world in the outer-rim), gathered some Mandalorian iron from Dxun, and purchased some tydirium from one of the numerous trading posts throughout the galaxy, it was the last key ingredient he needed before he was ready to start forging.

Once he had safely landed in the outskirts of one of the many small mining towns, he exited his ship incognito- dressed in a rugged mining suit with several drilling tools and toting a small hoversled. He proceeded to one of the lesser used mine shafts, and coolly slipped into the mainstream of miners moving to and from the mine, and began mining a small bit of the precious mineral. Even if they noticed anything unusual about the miner, he would be long gone before they could do anything about it.

-----

EDIT, 6-21

It did not take long for the Jedi Master to mine the necessary amount of ore required for his blade. Talon quietly returned to his ship, bearing the ore in the hoversled, and he stored it with the other materials in the main hold of his assault shuttle. Finally, he was ready for the forging. Just as quickly as he had come to the desert planet, he was gone”¦

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

• 2 weeks later...

The Requiem made its first jump into hyper space, taking its cargo back to the main base. The mining operation below was in full swing. Soon this alloy would be sold just as any other was, at least by Barton Inc it would be sold and that was all that mattered in the end. The operation continued, moving rather slow as it waited for the return of the massive Cargo ship. It only took a few days time for it to return...With the pace on the rise again, everything continued on schedule save for when a few minor mishaps arose.

Carnage.jpg

• 3 months later...

Several days later, the Shadowfax exited hyperspace. On board, Beltran watched as the small moon Gromas entered his view. Just seeing the place, even after all this time, was enough to illicit an uncomfortable number of emotions from him.

As he piloted the vessel closer to the moon's atmosphere, Beltran noticed that there was already a small-scale mining operation in effect. He did not know to whom the operation belonged, neither did he care. While he was here for a fair amount of the moon's phrik ore, he doubted it would be enough for anyone to take issue with.

Even if it does, I don't plan to be anywhere near them, He thought to himself. And in the event someone does seek me out... Well I've had to deal with complications before...

As if to compliment the thought, a muscle within Beltran's leg twinged and he winced as the memory of electric energy filled his mind. A few moments later, the Shadowfax landed.

With a little effort, and a lot of reliance on Shadowfax's sensor suite Beltran quickly found a vein of Phrik that would suit his needs. Replacing his traditional black suit with a generic suit of armor that he had purchased some time ago, Beltran hefted several pieces of mining equipment.

Hoping that he would not require the use of his heavier weapons, Beltran opted for a small accompaniment of sonic detonators, vibro-blades and his DL-48 Blaster Pistol.

Exiting his ship, he easily traversed the distance to the cave where the vein lie. Not one to stand around, he quickly threw himself into his work. While the mining was difficult, Beltran quickly began to make progress, filling much of the repulsorlift he had brought with large chunks of the ore.

EDIT: OCT 12, 2006

After several grueling hours of chopping away at the cave wall, Beltran finally decided that he had had enough. Turning back to his repulsorlift, he nodded in satafaction. He had managed to come away with nearly six hundred pounds of ore, which after the proper refining would translate into more than enough phrinkite alloy to do everything he had planned twice over.

Good, I can always keep the surplus in reserve. He thought to himself.

Carefully, but efficiently, Beltran guided the rupulsorlift back to the Shadowfax. Apparently none of the others on this moon had even noticed his presence, much less wanted to take any action against him. Another half hour of work saw all of the ore loaded into his vessel's cargo hold and his equipment safely stowed.

A few more minutes and Beltran was properly showered and back in the black suit of which he was so fond.

Making his way to the bridge, Beltran quickly completed the pre-flight checks and lifted off. Guiding his ship out of the atmosphere, he calculated the jump to his next destination. Getting the phrik was the easy part, now he had to begin assembling the rest of the components.

BeltranSig.jpg

• 6 months later...

::Vessels owned by Darkwatch securities land on the surface of Gromas and establish a vast mining facility equipped with the latest technology. It would only be a matter of time before Darkwatch was receiving large shipments of Phrik alloy.::

MGw9G2u.jpg

• 10 months later...

:High above Gromas the bulk of the Arach'tar fleet exited hyperspace. The system was locked down with military precision, the countless ships awaiting the command of a single being. Ikera stepped aboard the bridge of Heratic's Fall. The men stood to attention in unison as the silvery form passed. Ikera stopped before the massive window, the planet a harsh contrast against the black of space.:

"Avatar, your command?"

:With a brief nod, the will of the Machine God signaled the assault. Main ports opened up, the weapons' charges illuminating them with a bright red glow, like hundreds of new stars in the sky.:

The alien mechanism is a perversion of the True Path.

• 1 month later...

Reports of the battle above the now sundered Ilum come in. The second half of the Arach'tar fleet moves to defensive positions for the anticipated attack.

• 3 weeks later...

The huge Alliance fleet popped out of hyperspace on the edge of the Gromas system.

"Sensors," the Admiral commanded, "get me a sitrep. If we can have the Arach'tar figured out before the Empire arrives, this will go far more smoothly."

Sensor crews immediately got to work. "Form up defensively," Onderin ordered. "Launch fighter screens."

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

100 Star Destroyer size ships

300 Warships

1 Eclipse size Flagship - Heretic's Fall

------------------------------------------

Panels sparked alive with a vast array of brilliant lights and screeching sounds, the Rebel's entry into the system less than subtle. The Arach'tar fleet moved from it's derelict rest to full sail Of the hundred star destroyer size ships, forty pulled from the line and just seemed to...phase away, twenty each on the right and left. Of the remaining sixty, forty pushed forward on the same linear line the Rebel ships ran, the other twenty climbing twenty degrees and turned to the Rebel's left. All fighters were, of course, deployed into a defensive positions, kept close to the ships they protected.

Aboard Heretic's Fall, Ikera stood in his silvery metallic brilliance with his arms clasped before him.

"Push the line, aim for the larger ships, these...Star Destroyers. And bring me this blasphemer's head. This...Starlisk"

His orders were followed without question as forward batteries opened fire.

Cadio watched the battle unfold from the command chair of the Nebula. Fighters were launched, ships deployed in their respective positions, and forward batteries opened fire on the Arach'tar fleet stationed at Gromas. All there was left to do now was wait and see how the battle would unfold.

Cadiosig052009.png

This was different.

Oh, the fear was still present. Slaughter had still yet to be tested in combat, like most of the men under his command””none of them had faced the Arach'tar in battle. However, after months of repetitive training and hammering close-combat drills into their muscle memories Bruce and his men were all”¦ anxious, actually, to put their skills to the ultimate test. Ilum hadn't even been a battle””only a handful of shots had been fired, and the Arach'tar hadn't made a single attempt at boarding their ships, the kind of combat that they seemed to prefer so far.

Well, they definitely hadn't met a unit like his Talons. No doubt the tin cans had a deck of cruel tricks up their metallic sleeves, but so did his soldiers. Such as the droids that had been attached to his unit, and a number of the other units Bruce hoped would begin the assault. The quadrupeds, the Urban-class Wolf Spiders that the Jedi Grandmaster had bequeathed to the Alliance, were just as eager to put their unique aptitudes to the test. They had no fear of the Arach'tar, not even their EMP weapons””they had been fortified against such effects in the previous few weeks””and their heavier weaponry and armor had made them singularly deadly in drills.

This was a different enemy that the Arach'tar would have to face. For now, however, it was the same drill that had been followed in their training””stay near the hangars so they could be rapidly deployed on the offensive or repulse an attack at the easiest point of egress, but not so close that an EMP weapon could knock out the magcon fields of the hangars and suck his men out into the vacuum. Until then, all Slaughter and his men could do was wait for orders on board the Crusader, and try not to fidget with their weapons.

ayFLmkV.png

300 warships 100 containing cargo

60 regular Star Destroyers (EMP shielding equipped)

20 Titanium-reinforced alusteel star destroyers with cloaking tech and MCPS

40 regular Star destroyers with cloaking tech and MCPS (EMP Shielded)

15 anakin solo type Star destroyer (EMP Shielded)

3 Executor class Star destroyers with cloaking teck and MCPS

1 eclipse Star destroyer

----------------------

Deep into hyperspace the final preparations were made. The Alliance had been given time to set up a position, in order to make the imperial's ride in all the smoother.

Given current rebel assistance, he was able to ascertain the Alliance's position and deployed accordingly. Along the The Perlemian Trade Route a number of probe droids suddenly appeared in system, shockingly close to the Enemy fleet. Only the utter lock down of the system kept them from penetrating the enemy's lines.

It was in a way the Alliance's forewarning that help was indeed on the way. Sixty three ships entered stealth more and deployed in prearranged positions with the Alliance fleet as a reference point.

Near the Gromas Astroid belt a special deployment of 100 warships each carrying a load of their cargo emerged. Their smaller size allowed them to form a defensive screen facing the 16th moon of gromas with their backs to the asteroid belt. Following the deployment of those special 100 ships dropped from hyper space the fifteen or so anakin solo style Star destroyers deployed inside of the asteroid field. Making their drop shortly before and entering the imperially charted asteroid field. This wasn't hoth's Asteroid field after all and Deton knew it.

releasing a protective screen of both fighters and bombers, it was still sort of slow going with the massive ships inside of the asteroid field. However, the charts had been predicted and placed inside of all of their databanks, so it would be child's play to avoid any undue losses.

As these Ships took their positions the rest of the imperial fleet dropped in on two separate flanks.

The first flank consisted of thirty five of the regular Star Destroyers with emp shielding equipped. In front of them dropped one hundred warships even. Forming up on the Alliance's left the rose a full thirty five degrees higher than the rebel position. Giving them the high ground if you will. Deployed at a forty five degree angle from the edge of the alliance's defense screen the immediately began to trade fire with the incoming enemy fleet on the rebel's left. A deployment of fighters and bombers formed a screen around the bigger ships in order to help the warships keep the enemy at bay so the larger capital ships could hammer away at the enemy fleet.

The second flank Added an additional one hundred warships to the battle along with twenty five regular Star Destroyers Emp shielded of course, and then the heart stopping beast known as the eclipse Star destroyer.

An Admiral seemed almost to glare at him as he began to bark out orders in order to make the most of this situation.

"Stagger this line; bring the eclipse and ten of the Star destroyers upward fifteen degrees. All the better to make sue of the weapons this particular ship has. Force the other fifteen Star destroyers down ward ten degrees so we can easily catch an enemy ship in a cros fire if need be. Beyond that deploy the fighters and bombers into a defensive screen to supplement the warships and move in on the right of the Alliance's defensive screen.

I want a reading on the enemy fleet and what they have ground side. And I want it ten minutes ago! Also alert all personnel to prepare for boarding. I don't want us caught with out pants down. If any one so much as sees a glowing blue ship make it a priority target."

He paused as lights began flashing and reports began to stream in from his other flank.

"Tell the Belters to opened up fire with their long range turbo lasers. I want three volleys each preformed by five ships so that way at least a third of ships can always fire."

He switched to a broader comm for all of the ships under his command. "Everyone knows their priorities and their goals. Today we save Imperial live."

Turning to his right hand admiral he clasped his hands behind his back as he gazed out from the bridge.

"Now then patch me through to the rebe.... Alliance Adrmial. Perhaps he can shed some more light on this situation."

In the distance, lances of light tore through blacked space as the Solo models began their firing patterns.

detonsigoq4.png

Two months later I hit the control room of CPS. Talk about a slog fest.

Former Emperor Rustic <--

((Ah, yes. Numbers. Here's what the Alliance brought:

The flagship Paragon.

The Star Defenders Prometheus, Cronus, and Atlas.

130 capital ships--105 MC90a Star Cruisers and 25 Star Destroyers.

300 warships--90 Lancer frigates, 60 Nebulon-B frigates, 20 Carrack cruisers, 60 Corellian Gunships, 40 Marauder Corvettes, and 30 specialized ships (mostly Interdictor cruisers).))

IC:

Onderin watched the early stages of the battle unfold, feeling the collective malice of the Arach'tar in the Force. It was strange to feel such emotion on so grand a scale in the Force at once. Even the Empire fought largely without emotion except from their typically-insane commander. It was funny how the Empire featured the most mentally-unstable officers they could find like Geki and Faust....

At any rate, the battle opened with a concerted effort coming from the Alliance and Empire, which greatly outnumbered the Arach'tar forces. Onderin knew better than to underestimate them, of course, especially since this was his first real combat against them....

"Sir, incoming comm from the Imperial flagship."

Onderin nodded. "I'll take it here," he said. "What can I do for you, Admiral...?" He didn't know who was in charge of the Imperial fleet right now, and he didn't assume it would be the Emperor. However, he knew the Empire threw around the rank 'Admiral', so it was a safe bet.

3C12kbA.png

"Hmph..."

This was...unexpected. It was thought these two separate groups would spread their forces between Gromas and Pestilins, but apparently they felt the 'zerg' technique held more precedence. No matter.

"I want the rest. There's more here than we're seeing. I can feel it."

He remained standing still, feeding off the information the sensors poured in. His silver form quaked as the Imperial fleets came into the system, prepositioned and ready. There were hidden ships, but the large amount of ships surrounding prevented him from pinpointing their exact location. A basic scan told of the massive amounts of EMP shielding, the energy spikes more than foreboding to the Avatar. Twenty SD's and their escorting warships moved toward the asteroid field, anxious to take out the long battery before they caused too much damage.

The remainder of the fleet continued on their paths, maneuvering to evade particular ship's firing rates while keeping their own firing up. Warships pressed forward, driving dangerously close to the enemy lines, showing no concern over their own safety. When they got in range, the warships and fighters unloaded their payload, sending a cloud of deadly diamond boron missiles out in a blanketing fashion. Rebel and Imperial warships and fighters alike were cut to ribbons. The path clear, Arach'tar SD's opened fire on the now exposed enemy.

”œPrepare to space them. You know what must be done, I'll be in my chamber."

Ikera excused himself from the bridge, the crew unhindered in his absence. He moved through the halls casting a solemn reverence, stopping at his private room. He took his accustomed seat, quickly clearing his mind while at the same time allowing everything in. Within moments his daunting presence could be felt by all, reaffirming his troops and casting fear and unease on the enemy. He would be with them all.

Standing on the Crusader among others of the Alliance and the Jedi, Damon felt the presence of what he assumed was the leader of the Arach'tar. The sheer force he emitted was more than expected. Even the Sith rarely exhibited this size of fear over all. At the moment none of the crew showed the signs, but though the force they were beginning to ware down to its effects.

The admiral, a man of great ability in the force was occupied with the battle at hand. The battle of the spirt though that was being fought, Damon would take on. Taking a place near the back of the bridge Damon placed himself on a wall and fell to the floor. Entering his own mind he pushed aside the presence of the Arach'tar commander and allowed the force to flow into and out of his body. Entering a state of solid and lucid thought his battle mediation took form. While the Arach'tar sent fear and doubt Damon instead sent justice and confidence into the force. All within the fleet could feel an inner strength that reinforced their mind, body, and soul.

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

To say he was uneasy would be the understatement of the year. Even though he was a stormtrooper, even he knew you don't rush an enemy that looks like they have you outnumbered, unless you have a helluva good plan in mind.

Suddenly one of his new found aides was requesting his attention.

"Sir, the rebel commander his established contact."

"Good. Let me see him."

"No can do sir, the rebels aren't operating on that kind of tech yet, all we seem to have is audio."

"Well it will have to do, lets hear him then."

"What can I do for you, Admiral...?"

Deton raised an eyebrow. He wasn't an admiral, or actually anywhere close to such a rank. He briefly thought on using the admiral next to him as an interface between himself and the rebel Admiral. However, he decided to instead give out a slap in the face.

"Stormtrooper commander Rustic operating as Supreme Commander of the Imperial Fleet." He paused looking over at the admiral who had suddenly stopped glaring at him.

About bloody time damn it.

Suddenly a ripple seemed to tear itself in Deton's head. Instead, on focusing on it however, he looked to his tactical officers who quickly began to throw bits of information at him. However, he got the message rather clearly by simply looking out from the bridge. Where there had once been a defensive screen of Warships and fighters, there was now space debris.

Doesn't look like there are any bodies. Damn it!

He put the Alliance commander on hold.

"Regroup remaining warships that we have. Tell them to engage enemy warships at point blank range. Also, release a full squadron of fighters per capital ship. I want their warships nothing more than a pile of scrap metal."

At point blank range, those missiles should do equal harm to their numbers. Granted my own Warships are a bit out numbered in such combat, though I can double the out put of fighters and... No in such situations it is far better to give my men more targets than the enemy. We do have Reb... Alliance support after all.

He put the Alliance commander back on the line.

"I'll tell you what you can do. Your Mon calamari cruisers have shields that recharge a bit faster than ours do. I want to throw you into the middle of this particular conflict. Your ship specs should allow you to do quite well when th enemy is all around you. Keep your Star destroyers out of it, instead use them as mop up for their warships. That is all for now, I'll get back to you in a bit."

He cut the line and looked at the battle beginning to rage before him. He could feel a loss in morale. He attributed such thoughts to the devastating loss of the picket line if you will.

He refused however to let his own sprits be crushed by such a tragic loss. Clearing his mind of momentary distractions, he decided it was time to plan out his next move.

"Tell our ghosts to fan out. We don't want the same thing happening to them that just happened to our defensive line. Then push forward behind and above the rebels. If we force the enemy to rise up and meet us the rebels should be able to hammer at them, plus our weapons should be fine at wiping them out before they reach this higher plane."

He paused his eyes shifted around the bridge. None of his officers seems particularly happy to be there.

"Need I remind you all that we are attempting to save a galaxy here? Hustle this up people, these things should have been done thirty seconds ago!"

The belters however had a slightly different problem on their hands. Twenty enemy capital ships were head their way along with their escorts. That meant in a straight up fight they would be outnumbered. Luckily, their anxious behavior would prove to be the undoing of them.

The defensive screen of fighters sudden charged forth attacking the enemy warships. With no escort fighters to fend them off, the warships were forced into combat against numerous bombers and fighter pilots anxious to get their first kill of the enemy. In the ensuing carnage, the long range turbo lasers sputtered forth in one more volley before the Enemy ships were deemed in range. As they closed in for the kill, the order was given and the warships released their payload into the enemy fleet.

Missiles fired yet instead of exploding amidst the enemy fleet a rather spectacular event happened. The missiles unfurled into a number of wide swaths of highly charged gossamer material. There were more than enough nets fired forth from the one hundred capital ships to give an acceptable result.

The nets crashed into the twenty Enemy capital ships and multiple warships. Shorting out any operative systems leaving the enemy stranded in space. A cheer went out along the bridges of the ships code named the belters. Only a quick issuing of commands kept the wine glasses at bay.

Tractor beams lanced out from the fifteen capital ships hidden with in the asteroid field.

"Ok gentlemen it is time to clear a little space." Was the voice that came over all of their comms as Deton injected a little humor into their next task.

Small asteroids were suddenly and violently launched out of the field through the use of tractor beams toward the stranded enemy vessels. Deton planned to leave at least one capital ship heavily damaged yet capture able. The rest of the enemy ships however, were fair game and soon found themselves in the paths of altered asteroid trajectories. As the rocks crashed into the enemy capitals Deton allowed himself a small smile.

A roar went out amongst the Imperial fleet as all but five of the enemy's capital ships remained from the first volley.

"Feel free to leave on of the enemy's ships alive for capture reasons. Have two of the Solo models escort it off the field of battle via tractor beam. As for the rest”¦ Wipe them out all of them and move away from the asteroid field I doubt the enemy will fall for the same trick again."

The solo models moved to comply, launching another volley of rocks at the stranded vessels before moving from the cover of the asteroid field to help pick off remaining escort warships. Only two of the solo's hung back in order to latch on and move a heavily damaged though intact enemy Capital ship away from the scrimmage line.

Ah our first blood what a spectacular display it was.

The admiral next to him simply looked at him nothing seemed to pass over the man's features. A shame really in Deton's opinion. He would like to see what the good old admiral had thought of some good old fashion rock throwing before the actual battle started.

detonsigoq4.png

Onderin sighed. When would the Empire ever learn that this wasn't a game? First, they had a stormtrooper commanding the fleet. Second, the stormtrooper was asking him to sacrifice his fleet. He was right that MC90a's could take a heck of a beating before going down, however, so Onderin would, in fact, put them to use in a useful fashion.

His brow was creased and his heart pounding because of the huge number of lives being extinguished every second, but he forced himself to concentrate. He couldn't lead this fleet if he couldn't handle combat on a large scale. At least this is nothing compared to when Faust leveled Coruscant, he thought. Now that was a disturbance in the Force he would never forget--and, hopefully, never again have to endure.

"Let's spearhead the Arach'tar defense," the Admiral ordered. "Put the Star Defenders in front, and we'll bring up the rear. Star Cruisers only, of course."

And with that it was more than solid orders that would be necessary to bring them through the battle. Onderin dropped into his command chair and brought his feet up onto it to sit in a meditation position. With his hands on his knees, he opened his mind to the tangle of chaotic life forces around him. He shuddered at the massive amounts of death in the system, but reaching into the minds around him to get and give strength. He connected the minds of officers, Alliance and Imperial alike. And, more importantly, he looked into the future, saw the Arach'tar strategies, and instructed his allies to move before them, counteracting their tactics before they even came to fruition.

He was pretty sure the Arach'tar had never seen anything quite like Battle Meditation before.

3C12kbA.png

The Imperial Inquisitor Haphaestus stepped onto the bridge behind Deton. He was clad in black armor with a black cloak, all-encompassing so that none of his skin was showing. He was a complete enigma, a being of immeasurable complexity behind a dark, intimidating facade. And he didn't carry lightsabers, but a six-foot staff of the same dark metal as his armor. It was solid and heavy, and the Sith Master had choosen it over lightsabers simply because it was more effective.

He stood off to the side and reached out in the Force to gauge the battle going on around him. He opened his mind to the death and destruction that formed a typhoon around Gromas, and basked in it. Turbolaser and ion beams were everywhere, and he recognized them as a source of power as he had been instructed by Dominus. Such a horrible tide was an unlimited power source to him.

As he stood he became as still as stone, waiting; biding his time. He looked forward to meeting these Arach'tar face-to-face and killing them. They believed themselves to have vastly superior technology, but they had never encountered something like Haphaestus. In some ways, he was like them. Only better.

HOWEsON.png

Deton turned to face the being behind him. It was difficult to describe what he deemed to be a monstrosity. However, such things were always necessary during war time, and he wasn't about to let anything go to waste.

Still he felt an undue chill run along his spine in the face of such a being. He had heard stories of course of such people actually existing. It was however very different, from hearing a story and standing in front of one.

This guy is on a whole other level.

He turned to face the Imperial Inquisitor.

"Ah, I have been... expecting you."

He handed the Imperial Inquisitor a datapad, which gave him detailed orders.

"That is your mission. You are free to use an entire battalion of stormtroopers or other Imperial Personnel. I will leave the matter up to you. I will also be inserting a commando team for a secondary purpose. Feel free to coordinate with them, their comm frequency is on that datapad."

He paused since he hadn't summoned the man per say he had no actual ground to dismiss the man. So instead, he simply turned away to go back to facing the battle.

detonsigoq4.png