Mechis III

King Kheldar vos Correlli

*A lone modified Delta7 pulled out of hyperspace above Mechis III. As the jedi starfighter approached the planet, a comm was sent to the starfighter.*

"Please send ID immediately."

"Four-two-eight Jedi master over-ride."

*The planet sent its acknowledgement of the jedi master. Kirlocca landed his starfighter on a landing pad reserved for jedi masters. As Kirlocca climbed out of his starfighter, a driod made his way towards the jedi master.*

"I am 2R-3P0, I trust that you ar-"

*The driod got no further, the wookiee had used the force to shut the driod down. Within seconds, Kirlocca felt Nom Anorus' presence and made his way to him.*

"Nom, you requested a meeting with me?"

*Kirlocca said, eyeing both the driod and the young girl in the jedi presence. Kirlocca pushed his dark navy blue robe aside to place his hand closer to his lightsaber.*

"Oh my goodness! Bless the maker, three organics in one day! And two of them are Jedi Masters! So much excitement for an old droid like myself..."

8R-3PO, having concluded the tour, toddered off a ways, allowing the Jedi their private space, yet kept himself close enough in case they needed his assistance. Almost absentmindedly, he turned his eye sensors to his stiff arms, looking at the brown pain that had flecked off over the years. It was a wonder he hadn't been scrapped by now, but had always managed to avoid termination by keeping himself useful in one way or another. When the first Jedi came, 8R made it his personal business to track his every movement, becoming a literal expert on the base and it's construction. As a result, the system wisely had a small explosive installed into his central processing center, instantly slagging him should an enemy attempt to use him to their advantage. Sad, he was more useful now, but also at a higher risk for termination. Such was the life of an outdated model, he supposed.

He looked back up, waiting to see if he was needed yet.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

A voice came in on Nom's speaker suddenly, static erupting from the com link before his voice came through.

[Comm] Master...Pssshhh....Nom Anorus....pshhhh...this is pshhh....I'm on the planet...pshhhh....and I desperatly need your assitance. I am a pshhhhh padawan pshhh....please...pshhhh.....tell me your location [End Comm]

The message just barely played through on the com link just enough to hear the desperate outcry...

Revan1.jpg

The only verdict is vengence; A vendetta, held in votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

Sith Master and Loyal Servant To The Empire

Nom Anorus was somewhat curious to see Kirlocca, considering he was just told the meeting would have to wait until later. But he didn't really see the need to complain. Just as one Jedi Master was about to address the other, his pocket began to vibrate yet again. At first Nom was a bit surprised, but his commlink sure has been busy lately.

He placed the small device to his ear. The message had lots of status, as if the under end was barely working. The pitch he was hearing sounded slightly familiar, but the static offered no help in deciphering the voice. After the message finished, Nom stood momentarily at a loss. This person seemed to be in danger, yet it sounded a bit suspicious. But a Jedi's main job was to save lives, not to get suspicious. The transmitter must have been at a great distance away considering the Force had little to offer the Jedi Master in terms of intention. He would just have to make a judgment call here. If it was trap, he would deal with it later. An attempt like this from the Sith would be met with two Jedi Masters as well as legions of battle droids.

Nom positioned his commlink to his mouth and spoke the following words.

"This is Jedi Master Nom Anorus, I am positioned on the Planet Mechis III." The Jedi Master then proceeded to give the coordinates to the young one, so he would be able to get to the planet without difficulty. "I'll be waiting."

The Jedi shut off his comlink and turned to the council member. "We may have a vistor."

Edited by Guest

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

Revan's ship shuddered as the planet came into view, however it was not in eyesight yet. His radar picked up the large planet immediatly when in range and Revan leaned forwards to get an outline of Mechis III. He smiled as he sat back and awaited further progression. He continously stroked his lightsaber hilt on his belt as he licked his lips. Remembering the times he spent with his old master, it only made him more confused.

However, his dreams of becoming a great Jedi were washed away when Nom left him alone. Shattered into mere oblivion and replaced with the Darkness of the Sith. After continous minutes of waiting impatiently, the planet soon came into view when the large round world appeared in front of them. Revan unhooked his belt around his chest and slid on his black cloak.

His mechanical shoulder created a metallic sound as he moved it to slow down the ship. Entering the atmosphere, his ship began to shake violently as the planet's gravity pull engulfed the ship. He now could almost feel his master's prescence inside of him....it was only a matter of time before he would have to endure something he thought he would never do...

Revan1.jpg

The only verdict is vengence; A vendetta, held in votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous.

OOC: Aryian gave me control of the droids for the time being, just so ya'll know.

IC: As Revan's ship appeared in the atmosphere, the emotionless voice of a droid immediately greeted the space vessel. "Please send verification codes immediately."

The silence from Revan's ship was enough to convince the droid that an intruder was trying to impose its way to the surface. "Commence defense procedures,”

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

After minutes of of vigourous shaking of his ship, Revan managed to finally get control of his ship. Proceding to the natural flight plath of the planet, he pin pointed the landing pad and began to shoot for it. Soaring out of the clouds, the ship now became visible to all on the planet, or atleast a good radius. Pulling back, he slowed the ship down as he leveled it preparing to land. He let the landing hatches down, watching below him

The ship slowly began to lower as it finally touched the ground giving off a loud clank into the air. It was almost as things were happening in slow motion. It took Revan nearly 5 minutes just to get out of the cockpit. Stepping on the ground, his lightsaber dangled inside of his cloak. His cloak still only revealed his mouth and eyes. He searched left, then right, eyeing for any security willing to go up against the Sith.

Revan was pretty sure that if Nom was really on this planet, he would of sensed him by now. Revan began to walk forwards in a slow pace, his feelings betraying him once more, clouding his feelings and thoughts. The very thought of Nom made his stomach sink to his feet. His walk now became almost a shuffle, for part of him told him not to go through with this. However, in order to complete his training he had to destroy the very thing that kept him from fulfilling his destiny.

For some reason, he couldn't feel the Jedi Master anywhere. Not even the force was allied with him on his search for Nom, mostly because his thoughts were clouding his connection with the force. A large facility soon came into view, it's building quite massive. He wasn't too far from the landing pad of course, due to his slow pace. Eventually, the air around him became humid, and his mouth became dry. He swallowed in an attempt to cure it, however had no luck in doing so. His bones began to feel fatigued as though battered.

His hands began to shake, catching notice of this he clenched his fists. He could now sense a prescence, a strong prescence. The prescence of a Jedi of course, however it was stronger than most. Instead of continuing his search, he stood there trying to connect more with the force...

Revan1.jpg

Couldn't hurt...

Celes' only way off the planet seemed to be with the miraculously talking wookiee. She didn't question it like she knew she probably should, and instead just gave him a perky smile and a awkward, "Aww... I get to leave with a Giant Teddybear!" then grabbed onto his arm and began to walk...

Nom's boots collided with metal every so often, as he continued to glide towards the starship, now planetside. He kept his Force presence suppressed. He wanted the first thing Revan noticed to be Nom, not his Force signature. As the two inched closer however, it was evident that Revan was making no effort to do the same. The Force extended from him in every direction. It would be blinding if it could be scene by the naked eye. The Jedi within the padawan was tainted by the Dark Side; that much was clear. Yet Revan seemed to have not yet fully given in, Nom could still sense some light, forever in combat with the dark that had entered. Revan might have dropped his defenses, yet the light still within was not about to give up.

A Jedi was not alone in his struggle with the Dark Side.

Revan then stopped walking, as if momentarily stunned. It was then that Nom chose to make contact with his padawan for the first time in years.

"Revan...what have you done?" The message through the Force was of one pitch, seeming to be the most passive form of communication Nom could muster. Yet those five words carried more emotion than any tone of voice could conceive.

After the message was sent, Nom revealed himself to his apprentice. He was now only 10 meters away, his facial features were easily deciphered at that distance.

They bore only pain.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

((Verified, Nom has control over the System and all subordinates (droids) under it's control until the skirmish is over and both parties have left.))

Aryian's ship pulled out of hyperspace, submitting the proper Jedi codes when prompted. Instantly he felt other Jedi on the planet below, and one presence of darkness. Kirlocca, Nom, and a somehow familiar Sith presence. There was also a faint aura of another with Kirlocca, but even at that distance his senses could have fooled him.

He chose a highly defended facility to land at, one protected by several shields and turbolaser emplacements. It was one of the large hangars that contained several advanced droid combat fighters ready at a moment's notice to shoot into the sky above and take down incoming forces before they could get close enough to land or perform bombing runs. His ship touched down without incident, and Aryian bounded down the ramp as soon as it extended, eager to make this trip a short one.

One of the maintenance droids approached him, chittering at him. He couldn't understand it, he hadn't ever bothered to learn, but it sliced and transmitted directly into his implant in Basic, emitting thoughts rather than words.

I apologize for that, Jedi Aryian, but the System wishes to convey grave news, two other Jedi have landed, as well as a Darksider, the ones you warned us of. It is odd, for although we cannot experience fear, we are all tense and apprehensive to extinguish this flame before it burns us all. However, the Jedi Nom Anorus has forbidden us to act. We would not question him, yet we still wish to help. What orders should I convey?

Aryian thought about this for only a few seconds before replying. He had known Nom for a while, and Nom would know what he was doing. That he had no doubt in.

"Send in the two nearest assault droid details, keep them on perimiter patrol, unseen. Make sure Nom stays alive, and if that is impossible, and Nom dies, I want you to send all available forces as necessary to rid the filth from the planet. Either make sure he does not survive, or drive him from the planet."

Jedi Aryian, the other has just been identified, his facial structure was stored in our archives, apparently he was formerly Jedi Revan Khanjell.

That took Aryian back a step. Revan, wasn't that Nom's old apprentice? And a damn good Jedi too...well...once, anyways. So that was why Nom had called off the initial assault. He needed to confront his old Padawan...alone. Any other way would be not only dishonorable, but it would ruin any chance for salvation.

Aryian reached out, the tendrils of force spanning out for several miles, touching Nom's mind, giving him strength to do the right thing. No thoughts were given, none were recieved. Words were unnecessary, the only thing that could happen now was the confrontation.

"Belay that last order. Have all units evacuate the area, including the ones working in the factories. I wouldn't want the System to be upset with casualties. But if Nom dies, allow the Sith to leave, and that is all. Do not allow him to do anything more than leave."

Understood, Jedi Aryian.

Aryian sprinted over to the hangar armory, shoving several random weapons into large cargo crates. Thermal detonators, blaster rifles, flechette launchers, mini-rocket launchers, anti-personnel mines, flame projectors, and grenade guns all went into four crates, two more crates filled completely to the brim with class-A high-yield thermal detonators. The first four crates Aryian force lifted into his cargo hold, the other two he carefully placed into the spare parts compartments on the outside of the ship. After his armaments and fuel was replenished, the ship took off into the sky.

Aryian touched Nom's mind one last time, bidding his friend farewell. You have the strength within you to do what is necessary, Nom, what is right. But what is right is not always necessary...

His thought trailed off there as his ship hurled itself at deep space, entering hyperspace.

Blz1mwg.png

It was gust of paralyzation, a chill ran up and down Revan's spine as though it was about to break. His legs and arms tensed within his muscles, contracting them as though he had just seen a ghost. The sight of Nom petrified him, the mere sound of his voice buzzed around his ears in guilt. The shame engulfed his soul, his knees began to shake violently. Mere images and flashbacks of his previous age when he was just a mere padawan shot before him, crippling him temporarily.

He studied Nom, his master's features had aged since the last time he had saw him. Revan could cleary remember every knick and cranny of Nom's appearance, for they haunted him daily. Revan then attempted to speak, to counter his sudden halt of movement. However, nothing came out. He stood back, his fists clenched for dear life, his mind racing. Although he was frozen, he managed to cough up his first words to his Master in years...

"You.......You left me....You left me all alone....How could you d-"

He stopped, his lips trembling as they halted his sentence. He closed his mouth and licked his lips a few times, his eyes stranded on Nom's. Revan's stomach dropped to his feet, the sick feeling running through his body. He moved his hands a few times, getting rid of his paralyzation for the moment. He now could only await and hope that he would be able to react if Nom decided to act upon him first....

Revan1.jpg

Nom stood silently as he watched his apprentice fumble for words. Speaking right now would only deter what he was going to try and accomplish. Right now, the Jedi Master needed only to study the young man with his eyes, the Force would do the rest. The Force however, wasn't needed to tell there was conflict within Revan. The full wrath of the Sith had yet to twist his mind fully. If that had happened, Revan would have wasted no time with why. He would have his lightsaber ignited in a flash.

Just as it came time for Nom to finally speak, he felt a presence within his own mind. It was Aryian Darkfire, a friend he had made not too long ago. He could feel the Force flow between the two Jedi Masters, creating an invisible link. Aryian sent reassurance through the Force, not through words, but by simply sending strength, fueling his focus. Anorus sent a silent thanks to his friend by the same means. He would need all the help he could get.

"My death came as a surprise to me too my friend." Nom paused for a moment, letting the emphasis hang on the word friend. "I was counting on you to finish what I started. I thought you were strong enough." Nom kept his head down, keeping his eyes off his padawan. "I was wrong."

The Jedi Master slowly moved towards Revan, each step bringing him closer to where he didn't want to go. Within moments, he was a few feet from the young one, locking eyes.

"Tell me Revan," Nom kept his eyes locked on his apprentice, keeping the pressure on the young boy, "What makes you think the Sith are what you want?" There was a slight tense of firmness in the last half of his sentence. Revan needed to know that the situation was more serious than anything he had encountered.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Revan could feel his body inplode with the burning sensation that caused him to wince. His heart slowing down drastically as the beats lessened with every breathe Nom unleashed. His body began to heat up vigourously, the pressure overwhelming him greatly. It was like an earthquake, a rumble, every time Nom took a step towards him. Their eyes locked together, never parting. The sith and the jedi stared eachother down until Nom spoke once more.

"They....accepted me. They recognized me for my talent, they wanted me!. Unlike the Jedi....where there was no recognition"

He let that sink into the moment, both of them pondering their thoughts. Once again Revan began to feel the anger arise from within himself, the hatred boiling his blood. Although he let himself fall to the darkside, there was something that was holding him back, something that has been crazing him for a long time now. He hadn't figured out what it is. It could be guilt, remorese, shame. It was the last and only feeling holding him back from unleashing his true potential as a Sith. He now awaited once more, falling silent to the Jedi Master in front of him....

Revan1.jpg

Silence had quickly overtaken the atmosphere presiding over Mechis III. The truth had an odd way of doing that. Nom couldn't bring himself to speak, finally knowing why his apprentice had turned. It was a bit overwhelming to learn that everything you thought you knew about someone was completely false. Apparently, all the oaths Revan had taken to use his power to help others only stayed in effect when people recognized him. The thought of this fact was enough to jab at the anger now beginning to dwell inside the Jedi Master. The more his mind wondered, the large his resentment became. The last thing Nom wanted was for this conversation to turn into a fight.

The thought of what Revan had chosen sickened him. He could feel his stomach swelling up inside, as if a storm was taking place within him. The only thing he could do from displaying said storm was to turn his back on his apprentice, knowing full well the young man wouldn't dare attack now. Nom took a few steps away from Revan, taking in massive breaths of air. He called upon the Force to console him, clear his mind of all else but his next sentence.

"So you would rather murder a child than protect him, just so people will notice you?" His voice shook, being the result of the Jedi Master's attempt to calm himself. His back was still turned on his padawan, facial features no longer readable. Anger was starting to dominate his countenance, regardless of his efforts to stop it. Nom felt more fear in this moment than he had ever felt before. Not for his own life, but the life of that innocent child out there whose destiny would be set, depending on Revan's impending answer.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

It was that very question that stumped him immediatly. It was that question that caused him to stumble upon his emotions, to dwell on the very thought of killing someone. Revan obviously hadn't put much thought into why he had became a sith, he just thought of it as inevitable. He eyed Nom for a short moment after he questioned him, then looked down. Revan knew inside of him that he could not kill an innocent child, however he couldn't turn to the Jedi once more. He didn't want to be left in the dark again.

"No...I couldn't---"

Revan fell short once more, feeling more confused then ever. He had come to this planet confident that he was a true sith and that he would be able to confront of his former master. Now Revan stood in front of him, baffled on whether he could go through with this or not. Revan had to say something, or else Nom would over power him with guilt.

"My place...is not with the Jedi...I am a true sith now....your......."

He breathed heavily, the guilt flowing inside of him as though he was about to collapse.

"Your words mean nothing..."

Truly inside they meant everything, Revan just didn't want to face the truth. He didn't know what to do now, he couldn't go back to the Jedi, however he could never kill an innocent being for nothing...

Revan1.jpg

The anger within the Jedi Master dissipated as quickly as it came. His apprentice was not as heartless as he seemed. That boy he trained was still there, making it evident he wasn't going anywhere. The Jedi Master was relieved to find out that his apprentice was still not wholly destroyed. Death is better than becoming its puppeteer.

Nom realized he must continue the conversation. A silence now would be a deadly one in every sense of the word. As soon as his apprentice finished speaking, Nom opened his own mouth, raising his voice to an uncomfortable level.

"My words may mean nothing Revan, but your actions will. You may not be ready to end the life of a child now, but once you progress down the dark path...you will be..."

Nom finally chose to invoke the silence, letting his words merge into the air around him. He could tell Revan was fighting inside; his facial expressions were enough to exhibit that. He just hoped the Jedi within still remembered how to fight.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Revan was speechless, and when he wasn't able to speak, thats when the passage for guilt to enter was opened. His only option of salvation was to end his Master's life, to end the last remaining person that could stop him from completing his training. However, he could barely look him in the eye, and killing him wouldn't end the pain that dwelled inside of him. He looked up to Nom once more, trying with immense effort to reach for his lightsaber. However it seems as though the Jedi still inside of him restricted him from doing so.

"What.....What have I done?.....What have I become?....I've molded myself into the very thing I swore to destroy....."

He paused for a moment before relaxing his body. He collapsed to his knees, his hands upon his face, slow tears streamed from his eyes. He kept his eyes on the ground, the guilt and shame engulfing him.

"I....I have failed.....as a Jedi........I have failed as a Sith....there is no place for me any longer..."

He remaine silent, expecting Nom to end him there...

Revan1.jpg

Nom edged closer to his padawan, his steps more controlled this time. The Jedi within seemed to have defeated the Sith for the time being. He was always quite the duelist. The Jedi Master knelt down towards his padawan, locking eyes once again. This time however, Nom's countinence was free from anger all together. For the first time since he died, the elder Jedi was looking on his padawan like the apprentice and friend he was.

"By turning away from the dark, you have proven yourself a Jedi in every sense of the word."

Nom stayed where he was, knowing full well that his job was not over. The slightest mishap in speech woud push Revan over the edge again. The Jedi Master only hoped he could continue leading his friend down the path he once followed.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

*Kirlocca picked up Celes and put her in the small passenger seat in his starfighter.*

"You are going to want to hold on, This ride will get rough."

*Kirlocca quickly lifted the starfighter off the ground, and blasted into hyperspace as soon as they hit space.*

((Sorry to post for you, but we need to get things moving along. Next post, Upper levels of Coruscant.))

The System recieved the comm over encrypted comm channels, and reacted accordingly, coordinating several teams on the surface of Mechis III to load up on large transport ships, including one division of assault droids, three divisions of repair droids, and two of the planet's small squadrons of driod fighters to help defend the other ships.

The Server ship, still in orbit, finally activated it's engine core, and as the other ships left the atmosphere to join with it the whole miniatue fleet shot off into hyperspace leaving nothing but starlines behind.

EDIT (seeing nobody has posted...):

Several more ships took off from Mechis III on the far side of the planet from where Nom was dueling, carrying four more divisions of assault droids (Leaving only two divisions left on the planet), and two whole divisions of droid starfighters, bringing the number (once rendezvous has been made) to near 150 droid fighters in all, again the majority of what was guarding the planet. With these went two more divisions of crew droids, for a special purpose.

And like the other ships, as soon as they reached formation outside of the gravity well, they jumped to hyperspace.

EDIT (Again...God I tire of nobody posting...):

The Server ship had successfully relayed all information on the battle back to the original System at home, notifying it that more droids needed to be produced to adequately maintain the defenses necessary to repel attacks on the planet. Old production lines kicked up again, mass producing assault droids in large quantity, as well as droid starfighters to replenish the ranks on Mechis III.

Plans were also taken from a variety of Holonet broadcasts, the System had been dabbling in warfare reasearch, and found it beneficial to begin construction of three orbital defense platforms, armed with the latest in computerized weaponry from missiles to coordinated deployment of smart mines/bombs, as well as turbolaser banks and ion cannon emplacements. It would be the final crowning piece to the fortress that was Mechis III.

((A note regarding a previous post, what I referred to as ysalamiri syrum was a mistake, there is no such thing, it was an EU concept I had come up with previously for something else and got banned. What it actually is and does is a midichlorian serum, designed to allow the droids to see the force and utilize the danger sense that force users exhibit in battle, allowing them to see which way to move exactly to be successful. These droids are designed to make it very difficult for Force users to battle, but Knights/Lords and above can handle one or two in an extended battle sequence without extreme difficulty. They shouldn't be gone through like swiss chese, like Obi-Wan and Anakin did in AOTC and ROTS, but shouldn't be viewed nearly as difficult as a PC player can be to battle.))

Blz1mwg.png

"Oh, C'mon!"

Kakuto bitterly shouted, pitching the remains of a dismantled security alarm at the spine of his crying apprentice. A painful blow, but clearly not meant to be devastating. From where he'd came appeared a mystery, and while it was not through extraordinary means, the revelation of his presence still hit as a surprise.

"Nom says some crap about you having to kill children and you just break down and bawl your eyes out? There is no crying in war! If you're going to renounce all that you once believed in shy of hour, the least you could do is be a man about it."

The force bond he had personally carved into Revan's mind was once again wide open, now brutally attacking the weak, scarcely conclusive thoughts Nom had imprinted in Revan's mind.

"Way to make a mess of my apprentice. I see you've been telling him he'll be forced to kill children, or some such nonsense. The Path of the Darkside is learning to use your emotions to your own end. How often does completing anything important require the elimination of children? Worthless, sniveling snot boxes--a waste of everyone's time. The fact that either of you take them into consideration in any matter is well beyond my comprehension. I assume not waste my time on children, but I do not claim to be above pitching them into the meat grinder--if it is necessary... Not that it really ever is."

Kakuto raised up his fist, which was covered in large black plate armor-- thick ship plating yet worn lightly with the help of its own motivation. He clenched his gauntleted fingers, his scowl growing harsher as he looked at the Jedi master.

"You're really getting on my nerves. A secret temple on a world known for its world-wide genocide. You presume to hide in a zone with a rich darkside aura. Typical. To worsen this outrage you shame me by breaking down my apprentice. This bulls@%$--I cannot allow."

krstorm.gif.a46e550419daa19d41d206a1706d1044.gif

Things were beginning to calm down as Revan continued to struggle internally. The presence of evil was still within the young man, as was the light. Their competition was more intense than ever, but that was something that remained in Revan alone. There was nothing else Nom could really do. Just as he was getting used to the calmness of the atmosphere on Mechis, that particular aspect was driven away trough the presence of a space craft descending to the surface of the planet.

Just as the vessel came into view, the Force practically smacked Nom upside the head, as if a dam of incredible power had been broken. The Jedi Master had no way of knowing who was inside, but something told him he already did.

There was nothing Nom could do as the ship approached, finally resting on the smooth metal that made up the Mechis landing strip. The landing ramp extended, revealing what Nom already knew was there. That knowledge however was thrown out the window once the man emerged from his craft. The art of seeing the Dark Lord of the Sith was completely different than picturing him.

Kakuto began to speak immediately, as if he were present since the whole conflict began. One thing Nom admired about the man was that he wasn't one for formalities either. There was nothing worse than a long pointless conversation before a duel.

After the Dark finished his speech, Nom looked up. They met eyes for the first time ever. Nom Anorus was getting on the Dark Lord of the Sith's nerves. That was a situation he never thought he would be in. He gave himself a silent chuckle at the circumstances, knowing full well how said circumstances would unfold.

"You cannot allow?" Nom asked quizzically, almost defiant in his tone. "There are some things that even you Kakuto, Dark Lord of the Sith, cannot control." The Jedi looked to his old apprentice, now obviously torn between two Masters. Who he would follow was entirely up to him. Kakuto could threaten all he wanted, but Nom knew Revan was stronger than that.

The Jedi Master got to his feet, standing almost a foot closer to the ground than Kakuto. "Revan," Nom said in a soft almost foreboding voice, "I believe he's made my point for me. You might never meet a child, but if you do, you won't hesitate to kill it if it gets in your way." The Jedi Master moved his hand closer to his lightsaber, knowing the thought of not having to use it was a distant memory. "Does that sound like true power to you?"

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

((Kakuto, you should have been shot from the skies by now, seeing as there are several detachments of droid fighters that swarmed your ship barely a few minutes after you popped into realspace. Since this is plotted, I'm going to act as if you somehow ran the gauntlet, and are now in the ring of battle that the droids were ordered not to enter.

People (Not the ones here necessarily), there are orbital defenses for a reason, if attackers are going to land, please find an excuse, or battle the defenses.))

The server ship pulled out of hyperspace, flying back to orbit and to get minor repair work done.

Down at the battle scene, ten specialized hoverdroids moved in, freshly manufactured, whose whole job was to record the impending battle, yet not be a part of it. The video would be recorded from multiple angles so as to capture exact movements in an attempt to better understand how a force user moved, and to approximate the new battle droids along those lines.

((I was toying with broadcasting it over the holonet, that's up to you guys.))

First, I am going to invoke a three day rule here... these people landed here more then 3 days prior to the Aryian post... and one user doesn't get his own planet... sorry... and "The System" is not going to be able to just come in and post that people should be dead... and I need to check into this fleet stuff... as unless it is a faction that is sanctioned by the mods... it doesn't get its own fleet, or a droid army... yadda yadda yadda... you get my meaning though don't you...

What I mean if you haven't gotten it... is that you can't come in on the 21st and 29th... after they have landed and been posting from the 15th... which is 6 days from the 21st... and then let another 8 days go by before you give another post under the user name system...

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

((OOC: We'll just assume that Kakuto got through the same way Revan did, since you didn't give him any trouble, and Kakuto is marginally more difficult to kill. If push came to shove, let's just say that I think Kakuto would take your droids apart. In fact, I'd go so far as to say I'd gladly embrace droid interference in this duel I'm about to start with Nom. BTW Nom, I'm making this the first duel post. It's decidedly weak for an intro, but I figured the first post usually is.))

Kakuto rolled his neck in disgust, already bored with Nom's argument.

”œTry to pay attention, Jedi, we're talking about motives not power. Anyone can kill a child. You breathe on one two hard and it'll die. It doesn't matter if you're a Jedi or a Sith or an irate citizen with a club and a purpose. So no, I wouldn't call killing a child power either. It's all about boring crap like morality or ethics or something else I don't give a damn about. The fact of the matter is nobody cares about children.”

krstorm.gif.a46e550419daa19d41d206a1706d1044.gif

Nom wasn't too surprised to find that Kakuto was arrogant enough to believe he could control whatever he wanted. But such arrogance comes with the job description. A little coincidence however, completely on its own whim, was enough to topple an empire. Nom was curious if Kakuto knew that.

Kakuto didn't seem to want to talk about it however. His form was already leaping into the wall and the ground, apparently building energy for something. If there ever was a warning for an impending attack, this was it; and Nom took it as such.

The Force flew into him, possessing him with its power almost on its own accord. He could feel it fuse itself into his own senses, attuning his perceptions tenfold. Time seemed to slow as Ryu reached the air, poised to srike with his lightsaber brandished. As soon as Kakuto's direction changed into Nom's path, the Jedi Master reacted. His Jedi reflexes were up and running in no time.

Each passing moment brought Nom closer to death, as Kakuto closed the gap between the two Force users. In the last possible moment, Nom jumped to his right, powered by the Force. Kakuto's blade was about an inch away from brushing against Nom's tunic. Unfortunately almost hitting Nom was not enough to stop his momentum.

The impact with the metal that composed the floor sounded particularly painful. The Sith Master crashed into the ground, converting all his energy so carefully built up into a crater five meters in diameter. Nom was not naive enough to believe that the impact had hurt the Dark Lord. The possibility of an easy victory was just another thing sacrificed in order to live the life of a Jedi.

Nom's lightsaber finally broke the plain of silence after the impact, the snap-hiss echoing throughout complex. The jade green blade illuminated the darkness that had just enveloped the horizon, due to the setting son.

Nom stood at the ready, breathing at a normal rate. He had the sneaking suspicion that this would be the last time he would be breathing this comfortably. But Kakuto had to learn that there were things out there than were more important that his own ambitions. Nom would do everything in his power to protect those things. In order for this to happen, Kakuto Ryu was going to have to learn his lesson the hard way.

((1))

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal