Yavin IV

Tarrian Skywalker

Darex followed Skye and Darla towards the ship, walking alongside Fynn. "It's true, there is always a war. As far as this one goes, it has been worse than some of the others we have seen. Centerpoint Station was taken over and used, and as a result a number of planets have been destroyed." He paused. "I believe however, that the war seems to be in it's final stages. There is a major battle taking place at the remains of Corellia, according to the holoreports."

He paused. "Actually, I don't know too much about what is going on. I only returned from a year's hermitage on the Eternal Vigilence myself a few months ago. And to tell the truth, I haven't felt much inclination to join in on the war."

He stopped there, as the decisions he had made during his seclusion were not light matters, but rather deep philosophical ones, and therefore, ones that were not appropriate to get into over a meal as delicious as Skye always made. It would seem an odd contrast. "There is good news on the galactic scale, however," he said instead. "We've recently spoken with Armiena, who informed us that the new Galactic Republic was recently formed. It's a step in a civilized direction, in my opinion."

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Darla wiped her face as Skye took her by the arm. Her friend always knew what do to do. Without saying anything she had made Darla feel calm and at ease. She had an uncanny way of doing that. Darla leaned into Skye gently as the group made their way aboard the Serenity.

She couldn't be sure if anyone knew that she had briefly felt the Force once more. While the experience was frustrating, she knew that she was moving in the right direction. It seemed that what she needed was more stimulus. Feeling Faust's presence and then Fynn had both been a shock. They were both figures from her past that she had strong feelings for. It was like their very presence had pushed through her mental block and forced her to feel them. With Faust it had been sharp, frightening and brief. With Fynn it had been a feeling of shock and then warmth but it had also been brief.

In time... With Skye's help... I'll get there.

Darla was half listening to Darex and Fynn as they spoke of the war. When Centerpoint station had been mentioned she began to listen more intently. That place meant something to her, but she couldn't quite figure out what. She could remember a meeting with other Jedi talking about going to destroy the place. Had she died trying? Or did the mission never take place?

"I joined the Alliance, the military..." Darla spoke up. "I think that's how I died..."

She realised that she was thinking out loud and that she probably shouldn't be saying such things when they were on their way to a nice meal. Many memories had returned to her, but her death still remained a mystery.

"Sorry... I'm thinking out loud... um..." Her eyes met Fynn's "I was cloned. Skye and Darex brought me back. But it seems that that parts of me were left behind. A lot of my memories are hazy. You'll have to forgive me if there are things I don't remember Fynn."

With that she became silent. She was a little embarrassed. The woman that Fynn had known, the woman that Fynn had loved had been vibrant and alive. This Darla was just a shadow of her. Grasping to recover who she once was.

Or is this who I've alway been? Confused and afraid?

Darla tried to silence the voices of doubt in her mind.

Rannrsig.jpg

So that was it...Darla had been through a trauma, one that Fynn had been through, one that left him in a confused state. He felt an immense empathy for Darla. Her past, as dark as it had been was a heavy burden for a new physical body. Her connection with the force was tenuous, and would need rekindling.

He said nothing for a moment after Darla spoke, not wanting to thrust words into her mind at such a critical moment.

"I...understand. Memories will come back over time. You'll remember...mostly everything." He said simply sighing towards the end realizing that meant more then just moments of happines. Inwardly he dread the moment when her worst memories returned, those of the violence, the savagery, the dark side of her self that lurked deep down. His own actions toward her and her rejection of him.

He turned back to Darex. "Perhaps talk of war is best left for later Darex." He suggested, seeing the effects of bringing up violent things upon Darla's mind. Fynn too stifled under the thought of more fighting. He was much a warrior as any perhaps more now then when arriving on Hoth. However, the 'where', 'when', and 'at what cost' in his mind had shifted his opinions.

"So what are your plans now? Will you travel to train your new padawan?" Fynn asked taking a seat in the small eating area and leaning back to look over at Darex's student.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

Darex nodded. He actually wondered if Darla staying here on Yavin 4 was the best idea. He didn't mean to be cruel, but in a way, it would be better for her to be back in the middle of things if she truly wanted to recover both her memories and the Force; her reactions to meeting Faust and Fynn had proved that. But it was her decision, and he would simply have to support her in however she chose to deal with it.

He turned back to the conversation to answer Fynn's inquiry. "That was my plan. I've been training Aerec for the past few months now. He's an excellent student and a quick learner, but still has much to learn about the Force. However, that may all be put on hold now." He looked at Darla and Skye as they all sat down in the Serenity's hold, knowing that they hadn't heard about this new development. "Faust offered Aerec a deal. He offered Aerec the chance to train under him; learn his methods, and whatever else Aerec wished to learn. He also promised complete physical safety, though mental damage is of course unavoidable. He actually extended the offer to me as well, since I think Aerec wanted to sweeten the deal a bit." He tossed a smile at his padawan.

"Aerec was going to think about it and let Faust know." Darex stopped there. He himself didn't yet know what Aerec's decision was, though he sensed that the young man wanted to take the offer. He was interested also to see his friends' response. An offer like this didn't happen every day, and it certainly would make for interesting conversation.

FDY9u6P.png

Fynn's words of reassurance touched Darla deeply. She wished that she could touch him through the Force, share her feelings. She wished that she could make a connection and let Fynn know that the past was the past. There was a lot that she did remember about Fynn. She remembered loving him, but not loving him enough. Not loving him enough to forget Kakuto Ryu.

After fetching herself a glass of water, Darla sat with the group in the dining area listening to Darex's speak. Then suddenly she felt herself filled with anger and rose to her feet.

"What?!" Darla's voice boomed. "Let him know? What were you thinking? Let Faust get his claws into Aerec! Are you training a Jedi or mercenary, a cold blooded killer? There won't any undoing the things that Faust's will teach him. It'll be Shy-Ree all over again, but worse! Do you want that? It'll be torture Darex. Do you really think you'll be able to deal with losing another apprentice?"

As Darla spoke the glass of water on the table next to her began to shake ever so slightly. The more shake spoke the faster it shook. The molecules in the glass beginning to heat up the the angrier Darla got. On her final word the glass shattered. Small shards flew in all directions and the water spilled across the table a bubbling mass of steamy fluid.

That was me...

Suddenly Darla wasn't angry anymore. She was filled with a cold sense of dread. Her anger had opened her to something. It was doorway for the Force to enter her once again. Through her emotions, through her feelings. Darla had tapped into the darkside.

There was a stunned silence for a moment. Darla looked down, seeing a small trickle of blood where a fleck of glass and speared her hand.

"I'm... I'm sorry..."

Rannrsig.jpg

Entering Serenity Skye moved through into the galley where she set to peeling vegetables and setting them to cook along with steaks. The Healer always had a well stocked larder, her vegetables fresh from her hydroponic's unit and the meats she gathered locally through either natives or stores depending on where she was. She listened to the conversation as she prepared the meal, putting it in to cook just as Darex dropped his bombshell.

Darla's reaction to his plans, resulting in the glass smashing had Skye evaluating her friend's access of the Force. It seemed strong emotions broke through her barriers. Though she hadn't said anything, she had felt Darla's spike in the Force when she had felt Fynn. Now her anger towards Faust and his offer to Aerec brought the darker energies to her friend. Seeing Darla's shock, Skye was quickly at her side, placing an arm around her friend's shoulders and taking hold of Darla's hand with the other. With a manipulation of the Force she removed the splinter of glass and healed the wound. "It's alright Darla. Reactions like this are to be expected." She gently squeezed her healed hand in comfort before she turned to speak with Darex and Aerec.

"Faust's word cannot be trusted. As it is, I'm going to be leaving Yavin very soon because he knows that we're here. I know he can't do anything to us here but I'm not taking any chances of him returning to attempt something even though he owes us a debt of gratitude for healing him."

The Healer looked closely at Aerec. She was worried that Darex could lose another Padawan to the darkside and had already voiced those concerns. She could see he was curious to learn everything he could but to be under Faust's influence... that would not be a good idea.

Skye hadn't stopped any of her own Padawan's from following their own paths, niether had Tares who had had a padawan question Kakuto Ryu. That had been with two Jedi Masters and a Knight present at the time though so it was in a controlled enviromnent. For it only to be Aerec, Darex and Faust... as much faith as she had in Darex, it would not be a good idea knowing what she did about what Faust had done and would continue to do.

"Faust might make promises not to harm you physically, but mentally he would scar you Aerec. I'm sure Ara would be able to tell you what Faust did to her." Skye sighed, releasing Darla and gliding over to a small room off the side where she kept a supply of vaccines for easy access. Gathering a vial containing two doses and hypospray unit she returned to the others to stand between Darex and Aerec. "If you do decide on that course you will need this vaccine. Both of you will. It will negate the influence of the Sith Poison Faust has used often. This vaccine will give you immunity to it."

Skye had created this vaccine after what had happened to Ara. Armiena had brought her a vial of the sith poison and had asked to have it identified. The Healer had known what it was before she'd performed all of the tests and had used that as a base for her vaccine. She had also broadened it in case the poison had different strains. She drew up the hypospray and looked from one to the other to see who would be first to have it. It would be useful even if they didn't take Faust up on his offer and she would see if Fynn and Darla wanted the vaccine as well.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Train with Faust....was the man serious. How could any jedi even contemplate such a thing? Fynn's felt a deep seated pang of anger at the very thought. Had Darex learned nothing from the horrors they had both witnessed the man inflict, and now he was considering just giving Aerec up!?

Before he could speak Fynn felt a tremor in the force erupt from Darla. A return to the raging power he had once felt from her for the briefest of moments. He was lost in that second, feeling the raw power that her negative emotions conjured. The power was seductive, elusive...the darkside. An explosion of the glass on the table shocked Fynn into defense, and he used the force to stop the fragments from hitting his face, but just barely. Then it was gone, and Darla was injured.

Fynn came to Darla's side, as did Skye. "It's alright Darla, you have great power within you...as you recover you'll re-learn to control your abilities, I know that Master Skye will help you to bridle them, and when she's tired I'll be here as well. We won't let you face this alone." Fynn said as he began to clean up the glass shards.

As she healed Darla's hand, Fynn exuded calm, and listened carefully to her breakthrough. "I know what it is to be poisoned by the Sith, at least fatally." Fynn said reminding himself of his own painful passing and rebirth. "I would have the vaccine, not that I planned to be poisoned..." He said trying to break a smile.

A question in his mind formed at that instant. He'd felt a surge of anger just before Darla erupted. Could he be to blame for Darla's burst? No. Yet something had happened...he could feel it. Darla had tapped into something, but the question was what.

Darla's reaction was exactly how he had felt, deep down, when Faust had made his offer. He had buried it, bled it off into the Force, but now as the dark side crashed over him and his friends took in the news, it came smashing back with intensity.

"Don't you think I know that?" he snapped at Darla, his voice harder than he intended. "What that would do to me? Do you really think I would want to lose him like I did with her?"

He took a deep breath and centered himself. "I...I'm sorry, Darla. I didn't mean to yell." He took another breath, and his tone turned almost pleading. "But what am I to do? Choose Aerec's path for him? Forbid him from following his feelings just because those feelings might betray him? I have no right to do that. He must be allowed to make his own choice...he must be allowed..."

His voice trailed off. Instictively, he drew comfort and peace from the Force. Taking another deep breath, he turned it into a Jedi breathing excercise. He knew better than to let his emotions get the better of him; the last time that had happened, it had nearly destroyed him. It wasn't until he was calm and centered again that he belatedly remembered that Aerec was right here in the room. Well, what was said was said.

FDY9u6P.png

Aerec felt as though he'd been slammed against a wall. In the Force, perhaps he was. Physically, though, there were only two visible effects: his jaw was slightly slack, and his eyes glossed over, tears threatening. I've brought out these emotions. Just my interest in Faust.

Suddenly his playful curiosity seemed...juvenile. He felt stupid for entertaining the notion of training under a man like Faust, a man who had hurt Darla and was, apparently, and infamous killer.

Aerec had thought he'd made up his mind...but now he wasn't sure if he could go through with it.

He wanted to run, to flee all the Jedi around him. Even the ones who didn't know him well seemed to react to his curiosity with disgust. Master Darex had even snapped!

What am I doing?

He blinked and a tear escaped. Quickly he wiped it away, hoping it had gone unnoticed by the others. Doubtful, he knew. Jedi noticed everything.

The thought came with bitterness Aerec had not previously known.

He was alone once again. Though he'd come close to Darex and Darla, and had felt a sense of camaraderie with every Jedi he'd met, it had flashed away. He was scared and lonely and cold. He desperately wanted to escape the ship and be by himself, but knew that running would only make him look foolish.

He clamped down and stood, trying to make himself feel as little as possible. Impossible with Jedi, he knew.

"It's alright Darla. Reactions like this are to be expected."

Skye's voice came into Darla's head as if from a far away place. He friend hand rushed over to heal her hand before she could even register what had happened.

I did it... I touched the Force... But... The darkside...

Darla shuddered. It was more that the darkside used her than she used it. It crept into her using her feelings as an outlet. It Dawned on Darla that the darkside hadn't crept into her, it had always been in her. Waiting. Dormant. That's why her mental blocks were there. They were to keep the terrible darkness that was inside her at bay.

Or at least that how it seemed to Darla.

But I turned away from the darkside. I became a Jedi. I was knighted...

She knew that she had left the Jedi, joined the Alliance and then died somehow. But something was missing. The piece to the puzzle. The piece that would explain why she was almost blind to the lightside of the Force and why the darkside has risen with-in her.

"It's alright Darla, you have great power within you...as you recover you'll re-learn to control your abilities, I know that Master Skye will help you to bridle them, and when she's tired I'll be here as well. We won't let you face this alone."

Darla turned to see Fynn. He had rushed to her other side. She felt stupid, not wanting to be the centre of attention. She hadn't meant to brake the glass.

This is why I could never be with him... She thought about Fynn. The darkside is within in me. I'd taint him...

"I hope you're right Fynn." Darla's voice was strangely calm.

The anger had left her... For now.

Darla's words to Darex had been callous. She couldn't help telling him how she felt. The words had come out in a torrent of anger. For the first time in all the years that she had known him, Darla saw Darex loose his composure. She felt loathsome. As quickly as he had lost is he regained it and apologised.

"Darex don't be sorry... It was me that was out of line..."

"But what am I to do? Choose Aerec's path for him? Forbid him from following his feelings just because those feelings might betray him? I have no right to do that. He must be allowed to make his own choice...he must be allowed..."

Darex's words rang through her head. He was right. Nobody could choose for him. Darla certainly wouldn't have let anyone choose her path for her. She had been pushed and pulled by various people, but had eventually found a path of her own. Even if that path was sometimes unclear to her. If Aerec wanted to learn about the darkside it was his own choice to. His right to.

Darla had steered clear from teaching her own apprentice anything about the darkside. It had been the one piece of knowledge that she own that she refused to pass on. It had been more out for Fynn than anything. Nivana had been his apprentice before Darla had taken her on.

As everyone spoke about him. Aerec remained silent. There was a great sadness radiating from him. Darla could tell that without the use of the Force. He was still very sensitive to the Force with his new senses and probably felt assaulted by all the confusion and anger.

She noticed a tear escape running down his face that was trying to remain brave. Soon Darla was at his side, wrapping her arms around him tightly.

She spoke quietly into his ear.

"I'm sorry... If this is your choice... Well, it's yours to make. I won't be angry with you."

That was all she could manage. She held on tightly for a few moments more, hoping that Aerec could gain some strength from knowing that he was cared for.

Rannrsig.jpg

Aerec accepted Darla's embrace and let a few more tears drip into her shoulder. But as much as she might have meant her words to be mending, she had still raised some major questions. And there was nothing that could take back the massive emotional wall that had just slammed into Aerec from those he cared about, loved, and respected. The decision he had thought he'd once made would never be so sure in his mind again.

Impulsively Aerec broke the embrace and pulled Darla by the hand around a corner, into partial privacy. For a moment, there they stood, Aerec gazing through tear-filled eyes and clenching onto Darla's hand.

"Did you mean it? Do you believe it? Could Faust really turn me into all those awful things you said? Just by taking combat training?"

Aerec had never questioned that the decision had been his. Darex and Faust had made that clear, and had even been able to work with him to make the situation ever slightly more comfortable. Plus, Aerec was too strong-willed to believe that the choice had ever been out of his hands.

But he wasn't sure he could make that choice seeing Darla's reaction, hearing her warnings. Watching how momentarily dark it had made her. In a past life, the one person whom Aerec might defer to was Dante. He couldn't do anything to intentionally hurt Dante, and his older brother's wisdom always seemed a guiding light. Though Aerec's bond with Darla and the Jedi wasn't that strong yet, he didn't want to let his own curiosity to hurt the ones he was coming to love.

He felt immediately guilty when he noticed Aerec's reaction to what was going on. This is what you get, Darex, for letting your emotions get the best of you. You know people get hurt every time that happens...

He was about to say something, when Aerec pulled Darla off to the side to talk to her. He was slightly surprised that he chose to confide in her, but accepted it. He simply reached out and brushed Aerec mind affectionately, trying to let him know in the best way that he wasn't mad at the apprentice, just a bit worried. There was certainly a chance that it would all work out for Aerec, that he'd become a better Jedi because of his experiences, but he wanted to impress on the boy that being a Jedi meant that you never act out of selfishness. If he was thinking about taking this step because he wanted to, not because he thought it would be the best way to serve the greatest amount of people, he would be taking the first step down the slippery slope to the dark side. Darex tried to communicate that through their master-padawan bond, and hoped that Aerec understood how they were all simply concerned for his well-being.

FDY9u6P.png

"Darex, cannot interfere padawan Aerec, as he is a stalwart jedi master. I however, am not in the good graces of the jedi, and have no qualms about telling you exactly what I think." Fynn said in a break from what a 'good' jedi might say.

"Faust, young Aerec, is a master of manipulation. A butcher and sociopath, is what he would train you to become. Using the darkside as his ally, he would undoubtedly try to turn you against the ways of the jedi. If you should decide to train alongside him, Darex would have to honor your wishes. However what Faust would show you would be an 'easy' path, a path full of pain and anger, entwined with the emotions of hate. If by some chance you should be strong enough to not be turned young one, then Faust would without fail kill you, in a manner most unspeakable just to inflict more pain upon us who would see you come to no harm." Fynn said as he stood and walked over to the nearby window and caught his features in the reflection.

"I have seen many jedi fall at the hands of the sith Aerec...some by force, by will, by thier own secret desires for power and fame. The darkside exists within all force users, it is the flipside of our nature. To deny it, or to ignore it is dangerous..." Fynn said looking over at Darla with a careful glance, as he knew she was well aware of what he spoke.

"Now...Darex cannot forbid you to do that which you want, but beware, if you choose to train with Faust, you could be used against him, and ultimately destroy not just yourself, but him as well." Fynn's voice had the quality of a jedi, who'd seen his share of disappointment and regret. He was a jedi who had learned the hard way the darkside's ability to tarnish that which was good and right. He could say what Darex dared not.

Fynn turned to Darla, saw her beautiful eyes looking back at him...or through him...and realized that even now, there was a part of Darla he would never see. For as much as he cared for her, there were still things she could never tell him, places that she would not allow him to go...

yavinnight.jpg

The sun now began to set on the forest in the distance casting an orange glow everywhere, that signaled the onset of the evening.

"Now that's enough talk of these matters, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm starved, and something smells great. How about we eat some supper and 'enjoy' this evening of reunion?", Fynn asked tired of all the talk of the darkside and evil things.

After Darla had left her side to speak with Aerec, Skye returned to preparing her meal, though kept a close watch on her companions. Emotions were running high, the Healer deciding that things needed to be calmed down. She began to radiate an empathy to the others, a soothing, emotion healing sensation washing over those within the room.

She wanted Aerec to know that she was concerned for his well being, that they all wanted him to remain safe from Faust's influence. She also knew that it would have other effects to deny him any opportunity. As Fynn finished speaking she added another comment before she would serve up plates for them all.

"We all care about you. If you must do this Aerec, allow Darex to complete your training before you take Faust up on his offer. You are at an influential part of your training. Faust would take advantage of that and the consequences would be dire for all except him. Once you have more of your training completed you will be stronger in the Force and be able to better protect yourself from him. I'm not telling you not to do this, just to delay it until you have progressed further within the Jedi Order. I'm sure Darex has other things he wants to teach you before you face something like what Faust is offering.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

"Yes... I meant every word. He wouldn't just train you in combat. He'd make you a cold hearted killer, he'd warp you..."

Darla held Aerec's hand tightly and spoke softly to him. In a moment Fynn was there. He said everything that she was sure Darex would've wanted to say. All the things that she was sure Darex was feeling and more likely trying not to feel.

It was a horrible situation for all of them to be in.

Fynn's words seemed to make a lot of sense. Even though he seemed to have changed an awful lot, deep down Fynn still had the strong, true heart of a Jedi. Darla had missed him. How long had it been since they had parted ways?

"Fynn's right. Listen to him." Darla said softly, gently coaxing Aerec back to the table.

Being the caretaker that she was Skye had continue preparing one of her delicious meals while the group spoke. If there was one thing that could make all of the badness of the Galaxy seem to melt away, it was dinner with Skye.

"You should eat up. Then get some rest and think about... all this. Maybe things will be clearer for you in the morning."

Darla needed to think about some things herself. She had suddenly felt the Force twice in one day after all this time of being blind to it. It had been a very strange day.

She took a seat and began to eat her food silently, savouring all the delicious flavours and trying not to dwell on all that had been brought up. at least for the time being.

Rannrsig.jpg

Overwhelmed was a word that could have described Aerec's feelings at many times over the past couple days. This was no exception. However, as emotions began to settle and Darla's words rang clearly in his ears, he was not only overwhelmed with negativity and confusion. Rather, through the mental trial, he felt comfort radiating from all the Jedi present. Though still recovering from the emotional onslaught, and still processing all of the pieces of advice that had been thrown at him, he was...coping.

"Yes, food sounds good," Aerec said, attempting a smile, though the exhaustion within caused it to be half the wide smile he usually gave. "And when are we going to leave this place? I feel like I could grow tentacles or something."

Despite his half-hearted attempt at humor, Aerec really did want to leave Yavin. Though upon arrival, it had been a planet of life and excitement, now it represented confusion and emotion. No deep sigh could wash away the new weight on his shoulder, though he exhaled many as they ate.

And once again, he longed to be at his brother's side, in times that, though tough, were simple.

But he could still remember how hard Darla had squeezed his hand. That, more than anyone else's words, spoke volumes.

Darex knew that he would not get out of talking to Aerec about this, but he also knew that now was no longer the time. He breathed an inward sigh of relief. Sometimes he hated talking about dark and dangerous subjects all the time. Sometimes it was just time to sit down and enjoy the company of old friends and new ones, and forget about the darkness in the galaxy for a few minutes.

He took a seat beside Aerec and filled his plate with a generous helping. "Well, we were going to leave before Fynn here showed up, but now I think we'll leave after dinner. We have an appointment on Ilum." He was starving, and Skye's meals were fit for the top restaurants on Coruscant. "The best thing," he told Skye, trying to lighten the mood, "about being your padawan, Master Skye, was the food."

He cracked a smile and turned to Aerec. "Although I did have fun learning about Jedi mind tricks. I remember convincing a teenager on Ithor I was the famous Corellian singer Hanast Unglas."

FDY9u6P.png

Skye laughed at Darex's comment about the food."You were always a bottomless pit" she joked back with him. One thing she loved doing was preparing meals for others, be them family, padawan's or friends. A good meal always made everyone feel better, especially in good company.

"I was about to leave also actually. I've something that I wish to do and have stayed here long enough for now. Once I've finished my task I might return here but until then I feel it's about time that Helix Station was rebuilt. I'm going to seek out a builder that will do this secretly."

Skye glanced around the table, wondering what Fynn would do, if he would come with her or if he would go his separate way along with the others. She also wondered if Darla wanted her near for when her memories resurfaced or if she wanted to get through it on her own.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

There seemed little reason to stay on Yavin with everybody getting ready to disperse. Or so it seemed. Darla didn't know where to go or what to do. She still had a long way to go before she regained her Force powers and didn't want to be alone.

"Whatever you decide to do in the morning,' She said turning to face Aerec and Darex. "the two of you are still welcome on my ship. I'll take you wherever you need to go."

Darla didn't like the idea of parting ways with Darex or Aerec one bit. But she couldn't stand in there way. She was sure that it wouldn't be the last time she saw them if they chose to leave. If Aerec did chose to take Faust up on his offer she prayed that he had the will to make it through the training.

"Skye, if you don't mind the company I'd like to help you with Helix station." Darla hadn't thought it through very well at all, but one thing that she was sure of was that she wanted to remain with her friend. "Do you have any idea where you'll be going Fynn?"

Rannrsig.jpg

Darex nodded his thanks at Darla. "I'd appreciate it, Darla." He didn't really want to part from his friends, but it didn't bother him that he was soon going to. Skye and Darla would go work on Helix Station, and Fynn would follow his own path.

And Darex had a duty to fulfill. When your life path crossed with one of your friends', you could enjoy the time together, but the Jedi understood that soon the paths would continue in their own ways. It was actually amazing how much time Darex and Darla had spent together. Their paths had been wound together for so long, that it felt strange that they were finally seperating.

He smiled at the dark-haired woman sitting across from him. They had been through much together. She had always been there for him when he needed someone, and he hoped she knew how much he appreciated that.

He finished up his food and pushed back his chair. "Delicious, Skye. Thank you. Perhaps Aerec and I can visit Helix Station when it's rebuilt. May the Force be with you on that project."

He glanced at his chrono. It was getting late. They had been up talking well into the evening, and Darex knew they would have to get an early start in the morning. He gave a mental nudge to his apprentice, letting him know that if he needed some sleep now would be a good time to get it.

FDY9u6P.png

Aerec was stuffed with the wonderful food and was feeling the blood running from his head to his stomach. That was a new sensation in the Force. Previously, he'd just felt tired, but now, thanks to the Force, he could feel hints of his body's motions. Yup, it was time for a food coma. Darex's prodding through the Force synced up perfectly with that.

He knew he should thank Skye for the food, but he wasn't entirely sure he had the energy to open his mouth and produce the words.

Hey! I'll just do it through the Force! he decided excitedly.

Skye, he said, concentrating on her. Awesome meal! Really, thanks. I think I'm gonna pass out it was so good.

With that, he heaved himself out of his seat and nodded to Darex. "Well, I'm gonna go unconscious now. It was nice meeting you, Fynn. Darla, thanks for everything. Master, well...we'll talk tomorrow. Skye, beauty, healing abilities, and can cook. I think I have a crush. Goodnight, everyone."

He walked, well stumbled, out of the room and crashed on the nearest couch he could fine.

((And woke up in the space thread or somewhere else...hopefully. ))

Darex watched as Aerec crashed on the sofa. He smiled. Skye's good cooking sometimes had that effect. He turned to his friends. "Thank you. For everything."

He wanted to let them know that their advice to Aerec had been very much appreciated by the young man's Jedi master. He hoped they would be able to work things out in a way that Aerec was comfortable and confident with any decision he made. Perhaps on Ilum, his path would become clear to him.

Darex rose to his impressive height. "I should get some sleep too. Intergalactic traveling always throws off one's sleep cycle."

He lifted a sound-asleep Aerec over his shoulder, and with a wave at Darla, Skye, and Fynn, headed out of the Serenity to the nearby Persephone. Heading to the quarters they had used in past trips, he gently set Aerec down on a bunk, then lay himself down on another.

As he lowered himself into a meditative state, he found it easy to slip off to sleep, although a part of his mind was always alert in case someone needed him.

FDY9u6P.png

"Thanks Skye." Darla said getting up. "It really was delicious. It's been quite a day. I think I could do with some rest myself. I've got a lot to think about. I'll be leaving in the morning to go... Well, whereever Darex and Aerec decide they want to go."

So much had come up in such a small amount of time and Darla felt very conflicted. It was so peaceful on Yavin, but she knew that they couldn't hide there forever. It was time to face the Galaxy once again. She had come to Yavin feeling quite fragile and lost. Something had changed. Darla didn't quite feel whole again, but she had gained a new resolve and something else. Hope. She had hope for the future.

"If you send me your co-ordinates, I'll ronde vouz with you after I drop off Darex and Aerec." She walked over to Skye. "I'll be good to be out there doing something again and hopefully we'll get some time to pick up where we left off with the memories."

Darla smiled and embraced her friend. She knew that she was only saying goodbye for a short time and felt no sadness.

"I hope you decide to come with us Fynn. It'd be nice." Darla didn't know what else to say.

She cared deeply for Fynn and wanted to spend more time with him. He had been absent from her life for so long. It wasn't until his recent resurfacing that she realised just how much she had missed him. She really did hope that she would see him again and that he wouldn't vanish from her life once more.

Darla said her goodbyes, explaining that she would be gone in the morning.

After only a little rest Darla awoke early. Without waking up her passengers she took off, saying a silent goodbye to the beautiful world that she was leaving behind.

((OOC: continued in the space thread))

Rannrsig.jpg

Skye farewelled Darex and Aerec, then Darla, seeing her friends out of Serenity before she turned towards Fynn. "Do you want to come along with me and come back for your ship later, or have you something else you wish to do? I'm going to head to Coruscant to discuss the rebuilding of Helix Station, then find a location to have it completed at. And hopefully it will remain in one piece this time instead of being blasted into minute pieces..." The healer rolled her eyes then sighed, regretting the destruction of the former Helix Station intimately.

Changing the topic she added, "I'm sure Amon is around here somewhere also."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Fynn bid the others farewell quietly not wanting to make too much fuss. It was pretty clear that Darex had plans for his student and that Darla didn't desire to be around things or places that conjured such strong feelings. He wanted to travel with them, but four was a crowd when training a student, and Fynn was hardly the sort of teacher or counselor he once was. He felt that there was a strong connection between Darla and Darex, even though this was a 'new' Darla, it was somehow comforting to see her getting on with her affairs even if they didn't involve him.

"I'll accompany you, if you don't mind the escort. I'm curious to see the condition of Coruscant, it's been quite a while since I last saw the place." Fynn remembered his last brutal memory of the city planet, and yet remained confident of seeing it again. By the side of his former teacher and mentor, he felt at ease in away he'd long forgotten.

"Just let me grab a few things from the Templar..." He said with a grin and ambled off to retrieve his belongings. A minute or so later he returned with a small rucksack of weapons, clothing, and other necessities. Sliding it into a storage area, he made his way to the cockpit, awaiting his former master.

Skye inclined her head towards Fynn as he mentioned grabbing a few things from the Templar. While he was getting his gear, Skye had I-Nine and Flitter prep the ship while she got the guest room ready for her former padawan. By the time she had finished that and made her way to the cockpit, Fynn was already there. She gave him a smile as she took the pilot's seat.

"I figure I'll go and see Kheldar vos Correlli to build the new Helix Station. I've set the guest room up for you so once we're in hyperspace we can rest while the droids monitor the controls."

She went through the rest of the pre-flight checks that the droids hadn't already performed, then started Serenity. The modified CEC freighter lifted off, leaving the atmosphere soon after, disappearing into streaks of light as they dove into hyperspace...

[space thread]

SkyeOrgana.jpg

• 10 months later...

The Silver Eagle landed on the beautiful forest planet of Yavin IV. Sanj walked out and stepped on the dew glazed grass. It was early in the morning there and the air was thick. There were no real cities to destroy the nature and wildlife of the planet and he could feel how strong it was in the force. Definatly a good place for a padawan to first use the force. The Aruzan took off the mask and turned to Raiin and said, "Raiin, you are going to learn how to use the force. I'm going to save the long lecture on the force for now and just say it's a cool thing you are strong with that lets you use cool powers." Sanj tossed her a small rock the size of her fist and said, "Your task is simple. Use the force to lift the rock and move it around. To do so, focus on the rock with the force and try to move it. You can then move up to heavier things when you get used to it. I'm gonna set up a nice camp while you work." Sanj then smiled at his new padawan and let to make a camp.

Sanj made his way to two large trees that were near each other and began to get to work. He first sliced down another tree with his lightsaber and began to cut it into boards. He then used the force to lift them up about 50 feet and used them to make the base's of the two huts. He sliced another tree down and used the wood to make the walls of the camp. Sanj Gathered all of the branches from the trees and places them on top of the huts so they'd have a roof. Sanj then used the force to manipulate some wood into different objects that would be needed such as bed frames and tables which he put inside of the hutts. The Aruzan Jedi Knight then ran to his ship and grabbed two matress's, pillows, and blankets and rand back to the site and put them in the bed. He then made two small fires in each hut that would work to heat the houses. He Then made a bridge of wood that would connect the two huts together.

He walked back to his apprentice and waited to see if she was done with the task he had given her.

((Yeah, learn to use basic force PK. You can lift heavier things too. If you decide to lift my ship, don't scratch the paint ))

Sanjanimsig.gif

That's Fernando, I found him in a Cambodian sewage pipe. His is a tragic tale of imaginary sea creatures and crack abuse.

• 9 months later...

Coming out of hyperspace near the gas giant of Yavin, Draken guided his ship into orbit around the planet as he removed his hands from the controls and cast his senses into the swirling gases of the planet. He was searching for something small and very hard to notice. Others had found these things before however; they had been within the planet's seething gases. For more then a day he searched through the planet, the force guiding him slowly towards what he was seeking till something flashed by his force tendril.

Quickly he redirected the tendril so that it began following the tiny object that had caught his attention but it slipped from his grasp before he could grasp it. So he guided his ship to another area of the planet and began his search anew. Extending his senses once more scoured the upper level of the methane gases for the small valuable gems that were so sought after. Several hours passed with little if any luck finding anything, so he extended his senses deeper into the layers of gas. After several more hours the tendril finally closed upon a small object. He let his senses travel along the tendril and discovered that it was a small gem that was about the same size in diameter as a pen would be.

He pulled the gem into the outer airlock of his ship then closed the airlock and re-pressurized the airlock before he opened the inner door and walked over and picked up the gem. The gem was clear throughout and sparkled like it was filled with light that was trying to escape. Draken smiled to himself as he decided that this gem would do nicely for what he needed it for. He set the gem in a vice and began to work on it using the force, shaving several edges off it and polishing other edges to shape the gem into the perfect shape. When it was ready, he took the ring that he had for the gem and began to manipulate the metal within the ring so that the anchors for the gem slid open so he could insert the gem then closed it around the gem. The gem and ring matched each other perfect and would suit its owner well. With that thought, Draken launched the ship back into hyperspace and headed for Courscant.

E nomini patri, et Fili e spiritu sancti.