Yavin IV

Tarrian Skywalker

I colored attractively at Aryian's suggestion, reminded of my previous desire to join him for his shower. The prospect of sharing his company, especially while clothed only in a translucent sheet of steam, was definitely an attractive one. My grip around his neck tightened so I could pull myself closer to his face, and I whispered to him, a smile audible in my every word. "It's a date. Let's see what we can do to get some of these Jedi out of our way."

That had to have hurt. I was confident that while Ara and Skye would have understood that I was very much in love and in lust with my husband--or at least tolerated the latter--but I was far less certain about some of the others. The good Master Healer was in fact leading another from the precipice of Oblivion no more than twenty meters from us, though I was more concerned about her son.

"Come on." I seized Aryian's hand and walked with a cheerful swing in that arm, delaying only to turn on a one-way microphone and setting it to my comlink's signal. The simulation was still running, after all. Then we were away.

knew that Ara had just left us to assist Master Organa with her Healing, and now the chances of Damon losing his battle rivaled those of an ordinary man successfully navigating the Hoth asteroid belt. Half dragging my husband behind me, we dashed from the interior of Skye's Serenity and into the Jedi facility. Aryian knew the way to the showers, so that partly explained why he seemed to get tired of trailing behind me and lifted me up to carry me the rest of the distance. There was something to be said for the risk of being caught, I decided, regardless of how minute that danger was. This was fun.

drayyy.png

When they reached the showers, Aryian told Armiena to wait for a moment while he went and got something. A few minutes later, he came back, dressed in a loose black suit and a tan trenchcoat.

"We're no strangers to loooove...you know the rules, and so do I...A full commitment's what I'm - thinkin oooof...you wouldn't get this from any other guy."

He danced up to her, the grin on his face absolutely humongous.

"IIIIIIIIIIII just wanna tell you how I'm feeeeling. Gotta make you - understand...Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you dooooown, never gonna run around and desert youuu. Never gonna make you cry, never gonna saaaay good byyyee, never gonna tell a liiieee, and hurt you..."

Her response was highly entertaining.

-----A few Hours later-----

Somehow they had found themselves in the meditation rooms of the Temple, sitting on a couch, her head rested on his chest as his hands lazily picked through her hair as he stared off into nothingness.

"What would happen if we were to become normal people? Just...plain citizens. Do you think we could do it? Do you think nobody would come after us?"

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

((........

............))

I couldn't help but smile, thinking about the events of the last few hours. Aryian's dance routine--I suspected he'd actually been planning that and waiting for a convenient moment to surprise me with it--was utterly ridiculous, but I'd put an end to it by stripping off my white cloak and bind his arms as though it was an extremely unwieldy rope. With his hands bound behind his back, it was impossible for him to continue flailing... and with my mouth over his, singing became equally impossible... And when the clothes started flying and I dragged him under the water, who really even cared?

That cloak was still soaked, though.

But I took my time answering, remembering his previous reference to the Emperor, even if I didn't really care about it at the time. It was a subject that I occasionally thought about, though. I'd always wanted to return to school and finally get my degree after my decade-long excursion "abroad." Perhaps teach after that--our children about the Force, and maybe engineering at some planetary university. Someplace quiet.

"I've thought about it. Does this have anything to do with the Emperor?"

drayyy.png

((Wow, Rickroll'd in RP. Ouch ))

Ara assisted in the disease removal and healing process, lending both her power and Sanare's to the cause. The room was quiet with both Masters concentrating.

The disease on the young Jedi was strange, to say the least, and Ara couldn't recall seeing anything like it before. Granted, she was still doing fairly well in healing the poor young man, but she was curious as to the origin of the sickness.

"What did you call this affliction? I've never seen it before."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

"Yeah. It does. I'm going to go secure a meeting with him. If we're just normal citizens, then he won't touch us. I've met him in person...it's this feeling I had about him. He's different from the normal tyrants that have filled the office, he's intelligent, and listens to reason. Not to mention, he's interested only in peace for his people, he'd just do anything to get it. Think about it...we have friends amongst the Jedi and the Alliance, they have no reason to come after us. If we secure an Imperial citizenship, then the Imperials are quieted, and they would keep the Sith off of us. It's not the first thing I'd want to do...but I think it's one of our only options left. For Aidan, anyways. I know you and I could take any army on any day."

He kept staring into the distance, thinking about it. He was obviously nervous, but it wouldn't show when he met with Black.

Blz1mwg.png

The moment that sigh escaped from my lips, Aryian had to know that I was going to disagree with this possibility. It was more than my prejudice against the depraved bastards that came before him; my knowledge of how such a government worked was practically screaming at me to keep well away from this course of action. The empire was a fundamentally unstable government””oh, sure, perhaps this guy was as wise and just as Aryian hoped, but what happened when he died? Palpatine's Empire fractured after his death, and the instability created by the power vacuum provided the perfect opportunity for the Rebel Alliance to advance into the Core.

No mortal man could hope to rule the galaxy. Maybe this Emperor really could pull it off and lead a glorious reign”¦ but that would end with his death. And how loyal were his servants? Geki had disappeared with a proverbial blink of an eye””what had happened that caused this guy's ascent to power? His policies could end with his death, which could be scores of years from now”¦ or in just a few years, more likely.

And that was if the Sith obeyed his commands.

”œA Sith once told me that all they wanted was the ultimate freedom””the power to do whatever they wanted. They have no qualms preying on citizens, and the Emperor”¦ no, the Emperor wouldn't be able to stop them. The Empire can't afford to lose the support of the Sith, and some of the Sith wouldn't care. Would you actually expect someone like”¦ Ryu or Geki to obey an order to leave us in peace?”

drayyy.png

"Black isn't like Ryu or Geki. Geki...was insane. This man is a thinker, he wouldn't go back on his word, neither would he blindly betray someone to use them for his advantage. I know it's a long shot, but if I never try, how will we know? I have to try, Armiena. I have to try everything. Until something works. Just trust me on this, please..."

He hugged her tightly to him, holding her for what seemed like an eternity. And then the squealing cries of an infant pulled him from his reverie.

"If you need an EMP grenade, I have a few spares. Otherwise...I should probably be going. I don't think I have much time left in the window i would be able to see Black."

He rose, kissing her, turning only once to stare at her as he exited the door to the room, her look clearly pleading him not to go. But, in his conscience...he had no choice. So he left.

Blz1mwg.png

((Poor Amon's feeling left out... ))

"This affliction is caused by Nurgle. It's a disease that rots away the flesh. If not seen to it can be deadly. When I was carrying Morgana, Nurgle blessed my daughter. I had to have a special injection so that the disease wouldn't harm me. That immunity would long have worn off though I've kept my knowlege of it up to date and have a few means of erradicating it."

Skye paused, glancing up to look at the monitors to see Damon's vital statistics. "I-Nine, please inject Damon with a vial from the contageous disease antidotes cabinet." The droid gave his approximation of a nod and turned towards the cabinet freezer where the broad spectrum antidotes were kept. This would help boost his immune system while the two women kept up their use of the Force to push back the disease from Damon's body. I-Nine approached the patient, injecting the syrum into his arm.

"We should start to see some results very soon now."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

The silence was horrible. I glared around at the meditation room when I felt Aryian leave the planet, disgusted with the engineered tranquility of the space. Lights, dimmed so as to produce a lethargic atmosphere in its users, but bright enough to produce useful light; chairs, comfortably plush and firm, but lacking backs to force the users of the room to concentrate somewhat; walls, neutrally earthen; air, calmly circulating”¦ This was not my place.

Of all the months of our marriage, how often had Aryian been around? I was now approaching the seventh month of my pregnancy, and how many days””no, how many hours had Aryian been with me? This was not working””hell, these circumstances could scarcely be described as a marriage.

I could feel the rage, the boiling frustration within. I didn't push it away as a Jedi or embrace it as one more depraved, but I understood the causes of it. Aryian and I had practically eloped, taking almost no time for something resembling a normal courtship. The state of the galaxy prevented us from getting to know each other much better””I knew almost nothing about his past before he became a Jedi. All he knew about mine was common knowledge. Worse, I was paralyzed by staying in hiding for the duration of my pregnancy””most of the Jedi had no idea where I was, and it was a wonder that no one had demanded my resignation.

So, would I take the risk of accepting the futility of this sad affair, but live what I thought would be a happier life, giving my loyalty to the only government that was worthy of it? The Empire couldn't hope to control the Sith””if it fell, the Sith could fight the same kind of war that had been waged millennia ago, gradually working their way to overt power again. The Empire needed the cooperation of the Sith far more than the other way around.

My feet began to fly. In moments, I was at the simulation room on Skye's Serenity. I immediately shut off the scenario and the droid's tears. There was nothing left for me to prove to myself. Immediately after that, I sent a transmission to my mother””I knew that she was more involved with the conception of the Republic than she let on””and ducked out to find Skye's son.

He wanted to see this Republic grow to legitimacy and power even more than I did. I wanted someone around to watch my back, objectively critique the choices I was about to make”¦ and if necessary, inform me that I simply had a few screws loose.

I performed a double take upon departing the simulation room, remembering a rather loud thud that had resounded over the deckplates of Skye's ship in the seconds after Amon's arrival. He couldn't be... No, he was still collapsed on the floor. I nudged his shoulder gently with the toe of my boots.

"I really hope you're still alive, Amon." I began to mentally count through a number of methods through which I could rejuvenate him: mild mind tricks to fool him into thinking that his level of fatigue mirrored that of waking from a long nap; manipulations of his body to introduce a small amount of adrenaline into his blood--or otherwise spark his metabolism into helping him recover more quickly.

Oh, of course. An impatient piping near my kidneys reminded me of my knife's presence, and I placed the sheathed Kad'ika by his side, where it could... to be honest, I had no idea how that little blade worked, but I knew it could work wonders in helping wounds to knit themselves--it had literally served as my heart for a short time--and refreshing a weary mind.

drayyy.png

Once entered into the trance of Skye the infected Damon turned with in.

Damon should have been effected by the rot of the god of plagues more than he was but there was two factors that kept it at bay. First was the fire of the light that the force represented that ignited the power of the exorcist that resided within. The second factor was a the complete opposite from the righteousness that defined him. What few knew was that Damon was not born the man he was now. What fewer knew was that the jedi master of 30 was only nine years old. On the corrupted and tainted world of Vjunn, it was there that an ancient god resided. One of four beings of chaos had made it his throne and home. The god of plagues known as Nurgle had made a dark contract with a young jedi known as Yue. Born into a line where both sides of the force had laid claim to him. While on the outside he was a man who stood as a jedI, it was a sith that was controlling him. It was a Vjunn where Nurgle upheld his part of the contract and ripped the darkness and the light a sunder. At that moment two beings of equal power were created. The first was Yue. The sith servant that Nurgle would claim as his own and the jedi cast away that he deemed useless and of no use. It was during this creation that Damon had been granted with new abilities that steamed from side effects of the separation of his soul. The first was his ability to use similarly the soul magic that lady Ara had created and was considered the equivalent to sith alchemy. The next was his lack of the taint of the dark side. All but the most intense and powerful beings of the dark side could hold sway over him. The last was a pair of marks that were imprinted on his soul. The first was the mark of where the now void of evil was cast forth from his body. The other was the signature and proof that Nurgle had done this deed. It was that mark had protected the jedi from the very rot that should have consumed him quickly.

It was near that mark of the plague lord that Damon had retreated. He found that the mark was the catalyst for many things that gave the jedi power. In addition it was proof that he had suffered at the hands of the dark side that he attempted so much to rid himself. As the rot ate his mind, body, and soul the powers of the master healer interacted with the rot as well as the exorcist. Touching the seal of Nurgle a surge of the rot reached deep but the answer reached quicker.

Bright white flames danced with in the windows of the man who had been stricken with a plague of plagues. It poured down like water covering the entry point of the attack from the avatar. The medicine seemed to allow the flames to burn hotter and shimmer brighter. A phrase left the mouth of the what was silent master in the form of a whisper that echoed in the healing chamber.

Flames of life and justice burn. Cleanse the land

The room flooded with a white luminescent flicker. The chamber was not hollowed and sacred by fire and life. What occurred next was a true sight to be seen. The flicker blinked slowly increasing in speed blink by blink. The next words that came forth turned the body of the infected master into a pyre of light.

Light of truth shine bright. Dispel and cast down the deceiver stripping him of his crutch. The flicker blinked once more and was done. The flames vanished and the storm with in Damon's eyes had resided. They had closed and showed no sign of life.

The machines indicated that the rot had been treated and removed. It was minutes after as the brutality of silence had set in till the sleep left and what remained was a healed and fully recovered jedi master.

Bringing himself to a sitting position a smile appeared on the lips of the white haired man. While he could not see he could tell master Ara was in the room. Speaking softly he expressed himself.

”œThank you both. Nurgle rot was not something I expected to ever contract. Master Skye I yet again owe you my life. Yet I am slightly confused. How did I get here and where am ?”

Its a blast from the not so distant past.

Skye watched as her patient healed from means of his own as well as what she had activated. The Force was a wonderous thing to behold in any manifestation. As he sat up, she answered,

"My son, Amon, brought you here. You're on Yavin IV. I dare say you didn't expect to contract that, though know that you have the means to repell it should you contract it in the future. That I hope won't happen."

The Healer looked around, discovering that somehow Amon hadn't come into the surgery by his own means or by the assistance by I-Nine. "Please excuse me, I-Nine can get you something to eat if you feel like it. I must see what's happened with Amon."

Skye took only a moment to arrive at his side, glancing at Armiena, noticing that she'd already aided her son. Still, she sent another healing probe over her son, as she had done when he first arrived and before she had seen to Damon.

"Are you alright Armiena? Something happened..." She stated the obvious to the other woman, having felt a twinge through the Force when Aryian had left. She sat down beside Amon, lending him strength so he would recover quicker. She figured that Armiena, being the Grand Master, would want to talk with Amon and find out what had been going on with the war and all, though she wanted to reassure herself that he was alright first.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

"Aryian is making a big mistake." Scorn fairly oozed from my voice. "He left to get an audience with our esteemed Emperor--he thinks that if we become Imperial citizens..." I snorted bitterly at that prospect. "We'll be safe from the Empire and Sith when this damned war starts again."

I had no idea what inspired this unbelievable logic, having no faith in the Empire's concern for its citizens and even less in the willingness of the Sith to abide by the Emperor's restraining order. Illegal targets were targets nonetheless, and it was fairly simple to disguise assassination as a freak accident or an interesting puzzle for a pathologist to solve. And what could He do to stop them? The Empire needed the Sith more than the reverse, and my death--and Aryian's death, and Aidan's death or capture--would be a small tragedy for any Imperial officer.

And depending on how long this negotiation took, Aidan reminded me with a salvo of kicks, Aryian might not even return in time to help me through labor. I was getting close to that expected day.

The whine of repulsorlifts announced the arrival of another ship: my mother's shuttle, reminding me of the chore I had requested of her. "My mother's bringing a few ambassadorial passes for the Aequitas at Bilbringi--the ship that's going to serve as the Republic's capitol. It's ready, and I'm not accomplishing anything by hiding, am I?" The realization had come nearly eight months too late, but all I had accomplished in my absence was compromising a base that should have been our ultimate fall-back point. All the Republic needed was for its capitol to make its maiden voyage... and, of course, its first elections.

drayyy.png

I nine had brought food just as skye said and Damon ate slowly enjoying his first meal in what felt like centuries. During his meal thoughts came though his mind. Where the war laid as well as how he would leave Yavin 4. Amon was not a normal jedi by any means however maybe he would be willing to teach a master a new trick. A memory of entering a ring of fire that brought them here came to the jedi and the idea of finding out if he could do the same Amon was in his head.

Finishing his meal in silence and no other thougts came to mind as the renewed and refreshed jedi left the medical bay. Finding the small gathering of some of the most well known jedi in the universe Damon spoke quitely to the man who had saved him.

"I hope you are well Amon. I thankyou for bringing me here to this traniqual place. That hellish battle you and the others had to take place in was beyond imagination. I have one request of you if you think you can grant that is of course. You brought us both here by some means that normally isn't done with the force. I was hoping you would be able to teach me how you performed such a task and what I would need to know to do the same."

Not sure if Amon would be able to give Damon what he was wanting but still he tried.

The Persephone appeared in space over Yavin 4 with a flicker of motion, and a second later, the empty shuttle appeared beside it. Together, the connected ships made their way down to the surface of the moon.

As they descended, Darex grinned. He could feel the presence of several Jedi on Yavin 4. Not only Skye, but also Armiena and several others. He looked forward to seeing Armiena again. It had been a long time since he had attended her brief wedding to Aryian. He looked forward to catching up with her. It was also good, Darex reflected, that Skye wasn't alone. Sometimes he worried about her here by herself, with only I-Nine for company.

"Can you feel the life on Yavin 4?" he asked, turning to Aerec. Yavin 4 was so covered in jungle that it practically screamed in the Force; it almost seemed to Darex at times to be a living entity in itself.

He nodded to Darla. "Well, what are you waiting for? Take us down." He gave her a wink.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

((This will probably be my last post for about 10 days. I'm going on a cruise.))

Aerec had never actually seen hyperspace. He'd jumped through it once but that had been in the belly of a transport as a stowaway. Here on the Persephone, the twisting of the stars into a mass of insane colors almost made him sick. But he pressed on until they arrived in the Yavin system.

At which point he immediately felt better. Not only was the system intriguing: a gas giant dominating his view, but he could feel more than he could in hyperspace. So, when Darex prompted him, Aerec was quick to respond. "Yes! I sure can! Wow! Is there some sort of party going on down there?"

They got closer and closer to the moon, and the feelings grew more and more intense, like a dance confined to his guts, subtle, slow, but elegant and beautiful. "What kind of place is Yavin IV?"

Ara pursed her lips. "Aryian means well, but I'm dubious that talking with the emperor will change anything." She gave Armiena a serious look. "I can promise you that, if you would tolerate my further presence, I will guard you and your family with my life."

The Jedi blushed. "I feel...responsible for the three of you, somehow. Like you're family." She tugged at a lock of her hair, eyes avoiding looking any longer at Armiena. "I know that sounds ridiculous, but I am being absolutely serious. I will help you in any way I can. I know you're not the type to really ever need 'guarding,' but..."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

"Party? I'm not sure about that. How about we head down and see." Darla was in particularly good spirits. "Yavin IV is mostly uninhabited now. A lot of people think that it was destroyed, but it's been... restored. It has a long history, there are ancient temples here dating back to eons ago. It was once a secret hideout for the Rebellion back when Emperor Palpatine was till in power. After that Luke Skywalker used this planet to begin his Jedi Academy. It it wasn't or him we wouldn't have the Jedi Order that exists today."

Apparently the one thing that Darla did remember was the history of Yavin IV. she could remember quite vividly the holovid adventures she watched over and over as a child. Dreaming that one day she could become just like Luke Skywalker. It was strange the things a person remembered. After all the memories lost she could still remember those childish fantasises. Sometimes Darla wondered what would have become of her if she hadn't let home in search for adventure.

I'd be dead. Probably crushed to death by a crumbling building during on of the many attacks on Coruscant. Or worse, some Imperials commanders wife...

Darla didn't regret leaving her homeworld for the life she had chosen.

"There's just something about this planet. It's so full of life and beauty. You're gona love it here. It'll really give you a chance to feel the full extent of the living force with the new abilities you've gained."

The Persephone touched down near the Serenity. Darla noticed several other ships and wondered if Skye had company. Who else would have joined her in her seclusion?

Darla made her way onto Skye ship, inviting Darex, Aerec and Aimee to follow. When they had found their friend they saw that she was with two other women, one pregnant. Darla knew that she knew these people, but couldn't remember how. She focused on trying to remember. If these women were friends of Skye's then perhaps they were friends of Darla's as well.

Suddenly Darla felt like she had been pistol-whipped. She clutched a hand to her head, closing her eyes tightly. Her brain was filled with flashing images. The pregnant woman, some time before. Wounded in pain. Darla could feel her pain. She saw thick black venom expel itself from her pores, splattering against the ceiling above them.

The other woman she saw in a blood mess, her eyes two bloody holes as Darla tried to help her... Then another image. A ruined man, a man she'd loved. Darla covering his broken body with her own. The eyeless woman, whole again standing over them. Darla begging her not to slay her beloved. Telling the woman she can save him. The other woman backing down. Letting them go...

What is this? What does it all mean?

Before she could say a word to anyone Darla collapsed on the ground. Her body shutting down, not wanting her to remember, not wanting her to know of her past.

Rannrsig.jpg

Skye listened silently as Armiena spoke of Aryian's plans. She shook her head, her eyes showing sympathy for the pregnant woman. She hoped that Aryian would be back for Aiden's birth. Not only for Armiena, but for Aryian himself. The birth of a child was such a special moment for both parents and Skye had been lucky enough that Tzeentch had been with her for all three of her children.

Her gaze shifted to Ara as she answered Armiena. "I too will do everything for you and your family. You know that without having to ask." She felt that these two women were part of her extended family. The Jedi were her family... these women were her sisters.

The sound of another ship arriving had Skye wondering who had joined them now. There weren't many that knew of this location. Hearing that it was Armiena's mother relieved her in more ways that one. Armiena would need her mother with her for support. Especially since Aryian was absent. Armiena's hormones would run rampant.

Her head turned towards the doorway as Damon came in to join them. She didn't think he would be able to learn how Amon could travel like he did. Amon was the child of a god and had powers other than the Force. Skye'd had a brief time when she had some of those powers, missing them from time to time.

The whine of another ships repulsers sounded, disrupting the silence that had fallen on the small group of Jedi. The familiar presence of Darex and Darla accompanying it. As Darla came into sight, Skye rushed to her side, seeing her clutch her head before she collapsed. The sense she had gotten, as well as the look upon Darla's face, told her that she'd had some form of memory recall and that it hadn't been pleasant. Her vital signs were normal, her pulse on the rapid side though not abnormal in a case like this. She called to I-Nine to get the hover stretcher. All she could do for now was to make her friend as comfortable as possible. She would come around in her own time. Skye felt her friend's shock, concern on her face as she let soothing waves of the Force flow over Darla.

Darla was lifted onto the stretcher and taken in to Skye's surgery, Skye shifting her across to a more comfortable bunk, a monitor turned on to watch her vital signs. Flitter updated Aimee, the three droids would watch over her. Skye returned to the group, "Darla's had a huge shock. I'd say she's had some memory recall and it has sent her into shock. I'll monitor her. The droids will tell us when she comes to."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Darex nodded. "And Yavin 4 is a jungle moon, which is why it feels so alive in the Force."

They landed smoothly and Darex followed a step behind Darla down the ramp. As they approached, Darex saw Skye, Ara, a Jedi that looked vaguely familiar, and--he did a double take--a very pregnant Armiena. Well, that's a surprise, he thought.

He was about to greet everyone when Darla collapsed. Momentary concern for his friend pushed out other thoughts. He walked alongside the stretcher as Skye took Darla into the sickbay, then hung out at the doorway until Skye reappeared with reassurance.

"I hoped coming back here would trigger more memories," Darex said. "But I wasn't expecting that. Thanks Skye." He flashed a quick smile of thanks and greeting at his former master.

He quickly recentered himself in the Force, bleeding his concern into the Force. He knew Skye would take excellent care of her. For a moment, he was surprised at the strength with which his emotions had suddenly hit him with. Looks like your attachment to her is pretty strong, he thought. He made a mental note to meditate on it later, then turned back the party.

"Armiena," he smiled at his long-time friend. "You look...well, forgive the cliche, but you seem to be glowing. You look wonderful. It's been a long time."

He didn't know the other Jedi that well. He couldn't remember ever speaking to Ara--at least, not at length--though he did remember helping rescue her after a battle, and had seen her several other times.

FDY9u6P.png

It was clear that Armiena had a lot on her mind, as usual. Darex could scarcely remember her as he had first met her--eager, confident, cheerful, concerned only with doing her best to please her Jedi Master.

The news that the Republic was being reformed was a definate good point in this galaxy full of turmoil. He felt that that was exactly what this galaxy needed, and said so. "We really need the unity that the Republic will hopefully bring," he added. "I'm glad to see that the Alliance is taking the steps to bring it to life again. You're right though, in that the first few months will be...how did you put it? Tumultuous. I have a feeling the Sith, the Empire, and Black Sun will all dislike the idea of this reformation."

He frowned as she told him of Aryian's plan. "He thinks becoming citizens will help keep you safe?" His voice was incredulous. "I suppose he's just doing everything he can to protect you, and I give him credit for that, but he has to know that it won't do any good, even if his petition is successful and you do become citizens. Especially as Jedi. The Empire has been historically and in the modern times very anti-Jedi. In a way though," Darex paused, thinking how to put the thought into words, "I don't really blame him for trying. If I had a wife and soon-to-be-born child, I would do everything I could think of that would possibly keep them safe. If that meant going against my convictions and having no other option but to side with the enemy, so-to-speak, I think I would try. If only to say that I tried."

Darex was still skeptical of the plan, and he knew how much it would go against Armiena's morals to become an Imperial citizen. The Empire was responsible for much of the evil in her life, and certainly in the lives of her people. It had blown Alderaan to a graveyard of rubble, and Darex knew that Armiena had spent much of her life fighting back.

FDY9u6P.png

My frustration flared again and I lifted my hands to curl them into extremely blunt claws, but Darex”¦ also didn't need to know about the sorry state of my marriage. It was enough to say””and I didn't””that over the course of the last eight months, Aryian had fouled up, badly. He had been present for approximately two or three months of my pregnancy. He was going to hear about it when we next met.

”œI know, but”¦”

drayyy.png

"Invited where?"

Darla had entered just to catch the last of what Armiena had said. She stood in the doorway looking small and pale, a blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Her new body was a little younger than when she had last met Armiena and her hair had been cut severely short, but other than that she looked the same. Armiena has called her by name, but Darla couldn't quite remember hers. Or the other woman that she had seen in her visions.

"Sorry if I scared anyone. I'm alright, I just blacked out I guess. I know you people don't I?" Darla said indicating Armiena and Ara. "I just can't quite put it all together right now."

Rannrsig.jpg

Silent since his question to Amon much had taken place. The arrival of old jedi masters that Damon himself had not seen for some time. He felt as if he was no more than a mere padawan once again. It had been some time since he was so taken back by the presence of simply a few old allies and mentors.

Knowing he was out of place and knowing that he could of more help else where he rose. The effects of the operation done and the rot no long present in his system he was able to move as if he was never ill. Bowing his head to the group he did not want to appear rude as he left. Speaking to where Skye and Amon could hear him.

"Thank you for everything you have done for me. If I can ever repay the favor I think you would be able to find me with no problem. I will return to Gala where I might be able to be more of use may the force be with you. "

Leaving the room and heading to a make shift hangar where a collection of small ships had bee located Damon boarded a small craft and left the thriving and peaceful world that the force had seemed to turn into a beacon of peace and light for the force.

As Armiena spoke everything became a lot clearer in Darla's mind. She remember healing Armiena in battle, that had been the memory that had resurfaced when she'd seen her. But that hadn't been what had made Darla faint. It was the other woman, Darla's memory of her was somehow linked to her memory of Kakuto Ryu. He was something she'd really not rather remember. Her memories of him were surely tightly linked to the mental block that stopped her from touching the Force.

"I remember you." Darla smiled at Armiena. "You'll have to forgive me, things are still coming back to me, but I'm getting there slowly. Congratulations by the way. I take it Darkfire came from... Aryian?"

Darla hoped that she had gotten Armiena's husband's name correct.

Looking at the pregnant woman Darla wondered if she would ever have a child herself. The thought had crossed her mind several times, but her life had always been so messed up that she was sure that she'd never get the opportunity.

"All sounds pretty exciting." Darla exclaimed, referring to the elections. "It makes it all seem worthwhile, knowing that the Republic has returned. All the fighting, all the heartache. I really would be honored to come along."

The other woman...Ara! That was her name. Darla didn't push her for any information as to how they'd met. If the other woman wanted to volunteer it that was her choice...

A beautiful angel encased in white light descended from above. Ethereal, graceful, sword of burning light extended from her hand. She burned so brightly to hurt to look upon her. Where her eyes should have been there were wounds. Wounds that wept, tears of blood running down her splendid face.

Her foe was a man. Clad in white armor, he looked to be some great knight. But a wretched darkness festered in his soul, a darkness that emanated from him in waves. Where his armor was cracked Darla could see wisps of a dark cloud escaping. The vapor coiled around him forming hideous faces. Faces that screamed out in pain and anguish.

The Demon and the Angel faced one another. Awesome amounts of energy boiling inside each of them. Propelling them forward, towards one another. Opposites so extreme that all they could do was collide, annihilate one another.

When the memory resurfaced Darla fought the urge to suppress it. She needed to remember, she need to know who she was.

This memory or Ara was linked to another man that she felt strongly about. A man that she had hated with all her being. It seemed so strange to Darla that she had hated somebody so much...

Faust..

Darla felt that she was getting somewhere. She still wasn't ready to face her memories about Kakuto Ryu. She remembered his name, his face and that she had loved him. That was horror enough. She knew that she had other memories of Ara, one linked to Kakuto Ryu. But that was a memory that Darla didn't feel strong enough to face just yet.

"Ara? You were the leader of the Jedi once... I remember you being in a terrible battle where you lost your eyes. I was lucky enough to be close by and to be of some help to you... Sorry for fainting on you, but this is a lot for me to take in."

Rannrsig.jpg

Ara bowed to Darla, and Sanare hummed softly in its sheath. "You saved my life in that battle against Vladimir. And my eyes as well. Had you not come upon me when you did, I probably would have died on the rooftops." She smiled. "Don't worry about fainting. Memories resurfacing can do odd things to a person. I have unfortunate personal experience with that, so I understand." She was, of course, referring to the time Faust had kidnapped her and drove her mad to the point of becoming a drooling, comatose being, but she wasn't sure if Darla knew that.

She looked at Armiena, an eyebrow raised. "A capitol ship? Interesting idea, and it just might work to keep things stable." Ara laughed, a combination of a snort and a giggle. "Despite the ever-changing location. As for a Chief of State, I feel for whoever manages to get that position. I wouldn't want it, myself."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Darex agreed with Ara's statement. "Indeed. The new Chief of State will have a difficult time of it. It will have to be someone strong and dedicated to the cause, for I doubt anyone else will be able to do what will need to be done in the first few months or years of the Republic's existance."

He turned back to Armiena. "Thanks for the invite, too. I'd love to be there. Plus, there's nothing like seeing the formation of a new government to make an impression--and several lessons--on my apprentice." He said the last line light-heartedly. He firmly believed that without a sense of humor, the injustices and cruelties and pain of the galaxy would be overwheleming to more than a few people.

Glancing over at Darla, he knew that to be true for her as well. When brushing the dark side, she would often simply force herself to smile, and the temptation would be easier to resist, if that was the way she chose to go. He had seen it time and time again.

However, he had heard that it was never more true for anyone than for Ara-Lai. She was considered eccentric, and even a bit kooky at times, but she was full of knowledge and wisdom, and was a tough warrior when she had to be.

"Your focus determines your reality," was a quote from a Jedi Master of old, and Darex agreed with it. A lot of what happened in ones life resulted from or was directly affected by that person's outlook and perspective.

FDY9u6P.png

Skye stood silently by as Darex and Armiena conversed, pleased to see the latter's mother arrive when she did. The Healer smiled in welcome and inclined her head in greeting to the Miraluka and her companion. The bow given surprised her greatly, though Skye hid it well, keeping her demeanor welcoming and serene.

Noticing her friend rejoin them right after the invitation had been given, Skye searched Darla's face, noting that other than being slightly on the pale side, she was alright. She gave her a gentle smile, turning back to the others,

"Thank you. I might take you up on that. If I recall, Kirana Sunrider also held the position of Chief of State as well. A very stressful position. I don't envy the person that takes it up. I certainly wouldn't volunteer for it."

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Darla was glad that her memories, at least for now were becoming clearer. Both of these women were figure from her past, both were people that she had helped. It saddened Darla a little to think that she could no longer heal another through the Force. However she took pleasure in the memories she had of helping out her comrades.

Darla couldn't help but wonder what Ara's own experience of memories resurfacing had been about. She did want to pry, but sh did wonder just what had happened to Ara. Maybe she'd find out one day.

"Please do come Skye." Darla asked her dear friend, hoping that she wouldn't remain in seclusion on Yavin IV. "So who are the candidates for chief of state? I mean it is such a huge undertaking, is there anyone up to it?"

Terrible ideas of the Republic falling to pieces before it had even gotten off the ground filled Darla's mind. She tried her best to push them away. It was such a momentous event, she had to have faith that it would succeed.

So many people had fought for it for so long...

Rannrsig.jpg