Yavin IV

Tarrian Skywalker

Darla heart raced and she was filled with joy as she held Skye's child. One day Darla hoped that she could feel the joys of motherhood herslef, but she doubted that she would ever find the right person to have a child with. In a short amount of time her loved-life had gone form non-exsistant to extremely confusing. Holding Amon sated Darla's own longing for a child and until the time when she had a child of her own she was more than happy to help her friend with the care of her son. Looking after a child was a hard task and Darla hoped to help Skye. There were many servants to help, but should harm come their way Darla wanted to be on hand.

For some reason Darla's mind kept coming back to that thought...Harm. There were forces in the galaxy that would seek to harm this child. But Darla wasnt about to let anyone come near her friend and her son.

When Skye asked about Shy Darla didnt know what to say. She paused thinking of the right words, but by the look on her friends face she realised that her silence had spoken for her.

Darla was disturbed from her minds wonderings by the arrival of Fynn.

"...and Darla you are even more beautiful than I would have imagined, its good to see you as well."

Darla blushed. "Thank you Fynn."

She looked at the Padawan, noting the changes in his appearance as well. He looked clean shaven and handsome.But it seemed that something else had changed as well. It was then that she noticed the lightsaber at Fynns side.

Skye took Amon back into her arms and introduced him to Fynn. Darla stood back and smiled, listening as the two talked.

Rannrsig.jpg

Sighing when fynn walked straight past her without even noticing her, morgana stood. Normally by now, someone would have come looking for her, even just a servant asking if she wanted any food, but everyone seemed so caught up with this new baby to even bother with her. And then to have fynn walk right past her without saying a word. He had always been a little cool towards her since she first tried to flirt with him, but then, he had never completely ignored her.

Standing up, morgana began to walk off through the grounds around the castle. Heading out into the forest surrounding the castle, she just kept on walking. She definately needed to have some time alone.

Hours later, morgana noticed it had begun to get darker, and realised just how long she had been walking for. Although she could tell through her bond which way her mother, and thus the castle was, morgana still had to follow the lie of the land. Walking along for a short while, she found she had gone the wrong way, not following the path that had led her here. Turning back, she tried to make her way back to the trail, but it was getting darker and darker.

When she finally came to a cliff she had never seen before, morgana gave up. She had lost the other trail, and it was dark now. She had no hope of finding her way home in this darkness without hurting herself, and she would have to seek shelter soon... Collecting up a massive bundle of wood, she slid her pants off, and tied the wood up with them. The rest of her clothes were far too flimsy, and would give her problems.

Slinging the bundle of wood over her shoulder, she began following the cliff, hoping for a cave. Igniting a small ball of fire in her hand, she managed to find one a few minutes later. She wouldnt be able to keep this fire up much longer, or she would risk being ripped from reality from a demon of chaos. Quickly making sure the cave was unoccupied, she dropped the wood, untied her pants, and lit a fire with the help of her ball of fire.

Tending the fire and banking it up for the night, she curled up on the hard dirt floor, and tried to get some sleep. She had been completely ignored, and now she was sleeping in the dirt, in a cave. Great.

Skye had fed and seen to Amon, placing him in his cradle under the watch of Tzeentch's servants. She moved back to where Fynn and Darla were, noticing how the darkness was setting in. She was beginning to worry about Morgana. She gave alittle thought before speaking to both her companions.

"Darla, I don't suppose you could go and find Morgana for me? I feel she's not too happy about becoming a big sister. I don't want her to feel neglected, I love her just as much as I do Amon but I don't think she sees that. One of the servants mentioned they saw her heading off into the jungle."

She looked at Fynn, knowing her padawan had offered to go and look for her earlier.

"I think it might be best if Darla could speak to her for now, although it might help if she gets more attention when she returns. I don't want her to resent me because I'm spending more time with Amon than with her."

The last thing Skye wanted was for Morgana to resent her or Amon. A new child always caused the elder to feel as if they were no longer wanted or needed and she didn't want her daughter to feel that she wasn't loved. She would make something for Morgana to give to her upon her return.

"While Darla looks for Morgana, I'd like you to help me with something Fynn. While Amon is sleeping."

She looked at both of them, worry for her daughter shining in her eyes.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

"I'll find her, don't you worry about that."

Darla knew full well what it was like to feel lost. it was getting steadily darker and the Jungles of Yavin IV could be a dangerous place at night.

After embracing her friend and giving a nod of her head to Fynn, Darla left.

I dont think it's a good idea to go trapsing through the jungle in this dress...or unarmed.

Back in her room Darla changed out of the dress and put the black jumpsuit that was to be her first choice on instead. She found a thick overcoat to go with it. There was no time to fiddle with her hair so she left it as it was in its eleborate styling. After clipping on her weapons belt and filling a small bag with rations and a blanket she headed into the forest.

"Skye, if you need me just contact me on this frequency." She spoke into a hand-held comm."I'll contact you as soon as I find Morgana."

With that Darla disappeared into the thick darkness of the trees, the night calls of strange animals the only sound to be heared.

Rannrsig.jpg

Fynn looked inwardly, scanning his memory for Morgana. She had been thier, he had been so intent on finding his master that he had overlooked her presence. He still needed to work to be aware of the moment. As he saw the earnest look in his masters eyes he could sense a note of concern, both for her daughter, and something else, something not so apparent.

"Yes Master, of course" Fynn said with a nod, if his master wished Darla to leave, and for him to saty then that is what would happen. He gave a last smile to Darla, sort of a goodbye for now as she left. Truthfully he wished she could have stayed. He had more than a passing interest in speaking with her.

"The lightsaber was a challenge, it took some careful adjustments and some very difficult manuvers..." With that he reached to his side, snapping the attachment ring and presenting to his master. "but it works well, and I am quite pleased with the result." Fynns' smiled faded as he though of the expierence in the cave, he would have to relate it to his master at a later time. Away from prying ears.

"Some things... are worse then death, being forgotten for example..."

Member Since '05 - The Old Ones | Character Sheet

As Darla descended deeper into the woods she feared that in her search for morgana she would get lost herself. The twilight made the trees seem eerie. Dark shadows where cast and all around she could feel the presence of the lifeforms of this world. There were plenty of predators who would be happy to have Darla for supper.

As the light faded Darla reached for her lightsaber. As she ignited it the crimson blade lit up the forest. The light it gave off was ample to see by but it made everything a sinister red. Darla was glad to have her saber now more than ever. It wasnt that she was afraid of the animals, she knew she could more than hold her own against any hostile wildlife. It was something else. A strange foreboding...

Dark forces are gathering...

Darla got a sense of unease through the force. But what exactly caused it was unclear to her.

Her danger sense flared up wildy and Darla spun round just in time to see talons. Her mind had been wondering and some sort of beast had targeted her. In a fraction of a second she was alert, sweeping her saber around in a clean cut. All she had seen were the creatures claws before it fell to the ground cut in two.

It was some kind of cat...

The pather-like creature lay in smoking ruins and Darla cursed herself for not staying focused.

As she continued onwards, saber in hand, she tried to remain vigilant. Reaching out through the force Darla tried to reach Morgana, hoping the young woman would hear her call.

Morgana? Where are you?

Rannrsig.jpg

Still tossing and turning in the cave, morgana lay awake thinking still. Time seemed to be standing still, and she had no way to tell if it hadnt... Finally she managed to force herself to relax, and after a few minutes even managed to drift off to sleep... Only to be awoken by darla's voice echoing through her mind. The only problem was, no matter how hard she tried, she couldnt reply. The connection she had to her mother was natural, something as ingrained as the one she had with her father. She had never formed a connection to darla, and now she wished she had.

Taking a moment to sit down, she considered the option of sending up a flare... She could quite easily let loose a massive fireball into the sky, giving darla an idea of where she was, the only problem would be that she had been using her powers frequently today, and she wasnt sure at all if she could handle such a large drain on her energy... But she had no choice. Darla could spend the night wandering around without finding her, or be attacked by a pack of the feline creatures that roamed this forest.

Walking outside, steadying herself, and closing her eyes, morgana held her hand in front of herself, slowly building up a fireball. When she was satisfied that the thing would be easily visible in the night sky, she thrust her palm towards the sky, and the fireball was launched high. Collapsing to the ground, she had just enough strength left to extinguish the thing just in time to save the forest from being set on fire. Passing out, she slipped into a nightmare unlike any that could ever be experienced normally... The demons in this nightmare were real.

Skye examined Fynn's lightsaber, noting how he had carefully crafted it. Turning the saber in a safe direction she ignited it, listening to the gentle hum as the green blade sprang forth. She allowed a pleased smile to show on her face at her padawan's good craftmanship of his weapon, shutting down the saber and handing it back to him.

"Very nicely done Fynn."

She motioned for him to come with her as firstly, she checked on Amon, finding him sleeping peacefully, then heading down to where the servants had shown her the work room. She sent a quick comm to I-Nine to bring her bag of crystals to her and got a few items out of the draws of the work bench.

"I'm going to make a couple of items embedded with healing crystals I got from the Ilum caves. One for each of us. Once I've done the first one, you can follow the procedure done and make one for yourself."

She looked up as I-Nine came in with the bag of carefully wrapped crystals she kept in the Destiny's Dream. Thanking her droid she set him off to monitor the comm station on her ship while she sifted through them, explaining what each one was to Fynn and what their healing properties were.

The green adventurine would aid in clearing the body of stress, anxiety and fear. It would help stimulate muscle tissue and strengthen the blood. It would also assist in bringing in feelings of emotional tranquillity and a positive attitude towards life. A balancing stone. In the Chakra it influenced the heart.

The silver hematite was excellent for healing. It is a grounding stone when your mind is ”˜not your own'. It Cleanses and oxygenates the blood, increasing energy and vitality. Chakras are Heart, Solar, Root and Feet.

The red Jasper is another excellent physical healer and can be used for aligning the Chakras and promoting physical well-being. It soothes menstrual pain and helps clear PMS. For men it is an excellent healer for prostrate problems. Another good grounding stone that is beneficial to the reproductive organs, blood and bladder. It is a base Chakra.

The Orange Carnelian is a highly evolved mineral healer. It energises the blood, aids the kidneys, lungs, liver, gall bladder and helps tissue regeneration. It also aids concentration, soothes irritation and can also help to increase physical energy, personal power, creativity and compassion. The Chakras influenced are Sacral, Solar and Heart.

The yellow/honey Calcite is a calming stone. It helps lift energies in different situations. It is helpful during intense periods of change. It alleviates tiredness, burdens or feelings of disillusionment. It aids kidneys, pancreas and spleen and is a balancing agent for calcium within the body. It is a solar chakra.

The blue Sodalite enhances communication and clear vision. Releases and transforms fear and anxiety. It calms and clears the mind bringing clarity. It aids the pancreas and strengthens the metabolism also helping to clear old mental patterns. The chakra influenced are the third eye and throat.

Clear quartz amplifies thought forms. It releases all the colours of the rainbow making it an excellent energy balancer on all levels. It enhances the crystalline properties of blood, body and mind and is beneficial to the whole body, especially the pineal and pituitary glands. It benefits the crown and all of the Chakras.

The pink rose quartz has a dynamic intensity and healing power. It is a healer for internal wounds and aids the kidneys and circulatory system. It increases fertility, helps clear stored anger, resentment, guilt, fear and jealousy. It reduces stress and tension, cooling tempers. It enhances self-confidence and creativity, promoting love, forgiveness and compassion. It is the stone of unconditional love and it's chakra is the heart.

The purple amethyst is soothing and calming to the mind and thought forms. It helps dispel migraines and insomnia, assisting purification and regeneration and cuts through illusion. It is a blood cleanser and energiser. Amethyst has strong protective qualities and will enhance psychic abilities and spiritual awareness. It's chakra influence is the third eye.

She took up a piece of clear quartz, holding it up to the light and seeing a rainbow through it. She smiled, it would suit Morgana perfectly. She had several crystals of each hue so Fynn could chose whichever he felt the most drawn to. She placed the clear quartz to the side and selected other crystals for the other pieces she would make. She would craft these into pendants. Fynn could craft his however he chose to although the healing crystals worked best against the skin. She chose a piece of rose quartz for herself, a piece of green adventurine for Darla, blue Sodalite for Chen and a piece of amethyst for Amon.

She picked up some of the metals, a blow torch to soften the metals with and a few other tools. Using the force to manipulate and craft the metals into an intertwining chain and base for each pendant.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Darla reached out as far as her senses would let her, but she did not feel the touch of Morgana through the force. She wasn't sure why...Perhaps she was going about things the wrong way...

Suddenly the night sky was ablaze with a brilliant fireball. The un-natural flame danced upward, giving Darla a clear indication of where it originated. What was it? Some kind of weapon? Something natural? Darla had heared of creatures who could ignite the volatile fluids inside them and blow fire from their mouths...What where they called? Dragons? But she had never heared of such creatures living on Yavin IV.

So what the hell was that?!

The time between her calling out to Morgana and seeing the fireball was too short to be coincidental. Either Morgana had caused the flames or somebody who had captured her was taunting Darla. As far as Darla knew there were no other settlements on Yavin IV at the moment. If there was a native species dwelling in the forests then Darla was pretty sure that they'd have no means of creating the pyrotechnics she'd just witnessed.

All these thoughts ran through Darla's mind as the short lived flames died down. She didnt wait long before moving towards the strange signal. Fixing the point in her mind, she turned her saber off, plunging the forest into darkness. Her blaster would do much better while she was running, she didnt want to accidentally sever a limb. Blaster drwn, saber safely holstered Darla bounded into the darkness at incredible speeds.

Enhancing her physical strength and stamina had been one of the first uses Darla had found for the force. The ability seemed to come naturally to her. She could feel the force runninmg through her muscles, running through her viens, drawing away the lactic acids that would otherwise have her collapsing in pain. The force cleansed her, keeping fatigue at bay and suppling her legs with vast energies.

There was only so fast that the human body could move, but with the force as her ally Darla reached those limits and held her body at that speed for much longer that would seem possible. Memories of dagobah came back to Darla. Explosions rocking the swampy grounds as she ran for her life. Then she had used this technique to save herself, now she was using it to get someone else and hopefully save them.

When she was born I vowed to protect her with my life...But she grew up so quickly and we all thought she didnt need any help...Everyones been so focused on Amon, we keep forgetting that Morgana is new to this life as well...

It hadnt been long since she had been born in real-time, just over a year? or was it just under? Darla couldnt remember with everything that had happened. There was no blood relation between Darla and Morgana, but that meant little to Darla, she was still Morgana's Aunt. Darla had found that family you gained meant everything...It wasnt blood that made unbreakable bounds between two people...

What bonds people then? Love? Darla asked herself.

With-in ten men minutes, at phenominal speeds Darla's body began to ache. She could no longer keep the fatigue at bay, her grasp on the force weakened and the pain came rushing in. She fell to the ground, breathing heavily, but staying concious. The force always asked a price for its gifts and it was a price that Darla was happy to pay. It was the balance of things. Darla had called upon the force for great strength and now she suffered for it. Pain was something that Darla was accustomed to. It didnt stop her from moving, but now she moved labourously slow.

It didnt matter though, she had reached her destination.

She had reached the mouth of a cave and outside, unconcious on the ground was Morgana. Darla hurried over to her as fast as she could in her weakened state. Kneeling on the ground and stretching out with her senses Darla could tell that Morgana was in a deep and troubled slumber. It was late and Darla was very un-sure if they'd make it back to the temple grounds. For a few moments she caught her breath and when she felt sufficently rest she lifted Morgana off the ground. She didnt call on the force for this, it was wrong to call on the force for a task that one could perform naturally. It took a little effort, but Darla knew she was capable to lift at least her own bodyweight.

Darla carried Morgana into the cave, wrapped her safely in one of the blankets she had brough in her back and went outside to find some twigs. Propping the small branches up on the ground Darla set them a alight by holding her blaster at point blank range and firing a quick shot. The super-heated beam set the branches alight in seconds.

That will do.

Darla sat next to Morgana and gently stroked her hair as she slept. Morgana was fighting her own demons in her troubled sleep. If Darla could have entered her dream she would have, instead she kept watch while she slept. Darla kept her blaster at the ready. For some time she stayed awake, but eventually, she too fell asleep. She slept lightly, her mind still alert to any danger that might come their way.

Rannrsig.jpg

Morgana's unnatural sleep was tearing her appart. Chaotic demons not of this world attemted to claw her mind into their own dimension, and fill her with themselves, allowing them to make their way into this dimension. The only thing that held them at bay was her heritage. Being the daughter of one of the four gods of chaos, she had some sense of immunity to being posessed, although it wouldnt hold out forever. At the moment it was only slowing down the demons, only letting them scar her mind, instead of claw it away from her. Shivering as she tried to control her emotions and her mind, she thought back to what her studies of pyromancy had told her... Her only power was passion, and emotion.

She was already in the realm of these demons, so she couldnt directly use their own powers against them, or they would collectively gain a stronger grasp on her mind. What she could do though, is draw strength from it. Slowly allowing her fear, horror and terror build up in her, she drew strength from these emotions, feeding the energy into herself, and slowly pushing back the demons that were plagueing her.

Finally she awoke, shaking terribly, and clutched at darla, burying her face in the womans shoulder, absolutely exhausted, terrified and scarred mentally.

The blue sodalite crystal was the most intruiging to Fynn. If it did what his master claimed it could be very useful in a pinch. There were many times where Fynn wished he could increase his powers of communication, especially when in danger. "I think that one will do," Fynn said as he grasped the bluish formation of crystals,"I have just the thing..." Fynn pulled out a small thin line of thread. It wasn't anything special, but it would hold the crystal. After tying a knot around the crystal, he hung it around his neck, and put it underneath his jedi robe.

As Fynn watched his master carefully modify several crystal formations, he marveled at her ability to use the force to identify, and adjust crystals. He learned much by watching her actions, and by listening to her technique. Fynn smiled as she prepared Amons' crystal, and sat back awaiting to see what his master would do next. The day of instruction went quickly, and Fynn watched carefully observing his master. The sun began to slowly decsend upon the horizon. Leaving the large red planet the only source of light as it reflected the now sleeping light.

As Fynn turned to ask a question, he suddenly felt sensations, pain, anguish. In his minds eyes he could see someone sitting by a fire, and he could see her face, Darla. He recognized the crystal cave he had been in earlier."Master, I sense Darla may need some assistance, and Morgana as well. Something dark dwells in those caves, I felt the darkside there. If I may be allowed, I'd like to take a small skiff and go find them." He awaited to see if his master would allow him to go.

Darla stroked Morganas' hair gently as she would a small child.

Soothingly she said. "Hey..shhh...It's gonna be alright."

Whatever it was that had happened, whatever the strange fire ahd been, it had affected Morgana deeply. Suddenly Darla remembered that she had told Skye she would let her know as soon as she had found her daughter. Reaching into her pocket, one hand still gently on Morgana Darla pulled out her comm unit.

"Skye Ive found Morgana. Somethings happened, physically shes ok, but she seems traumatised. We've found a cave and we can stay here till morning. I'll try to find out whats happened. Darla out."

After pocketing the comm Darla eases Morgana off her shoulder so that she could look her in the face.

"If you feel ok to talk Id like to hear about whats been going on. If you dont feel up to it though we can just go back to sleep. You were twitching last time and you seemed troubled...If your having bad dreams theres some sedatives in the medipack in my bag. They should do the trick, knock you out till morning. It's up to you. I just want you to know Im here to help."

She put her hand gently on the young womans shoulder and waited for her response.

Rannrsig.jpg

Still shaking, morgana managed to force out one short sentence.

"My fathers sorcery has its price. Im lucky to still be alive right now."

Letting go of darla, morgana shakily got to her feet, and moved outside. She needed some air, and to be near natural things for a while. The only problem was that this entire planet contained traces of chaos energy, a result of tzeentchs original manifestation here, and his alterations to it. No matter how much she tried, she couldnt shake the feeling that the longer she spent on this planet, or any other planet of chaos, the more chance she would have of slipping back into the nightmares. Sitting down outside the cave, she attempted to push these thoughts from her mind.

She would have to hide the deeper troubles of her mind from everyone... Her mother couldnt move far yet, but she would force herself to if she knew the way morgana was reacting to this planet...

Ill just have to learn some sort of control over this...

Placing the finishing touches on Amon's pendant, Skye turned to Fynn. Through the sorcery she could sense her daughter, worry etched upon her face. She was relieved when she heard from Darla though concern warred with common sense. She wanted to send Fynn out after them, though didn't want to put her padawan in danger either. She couldn't go herself, she couldn't leave Amon and she was still regaining her strength. She heard him cry, a hungry cry so gathered the pendants she'd been working on, placed them into her pocket and motioned for Fynn to come back with her as she headed back to see to her son,

"As much as I'd like to send you straight out after them, Darla did say that they would be right until morning." Her face was full of worry, "If you could go at first light to get them?"

Arriving at the crib, she leant down to pick up Amon, holding him close as she reached out through the sorcery to her daughter. I'm here sweetheart... hold my hand and we'll get through this together... She visuallised her outstretched hand...

--edited for tenses--

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Having been so recently scarred by the exact same sorcery that her mother was now using, morgana instantly withdrew into herself, Drawing her knees up close to her chest and trying to shut it all out. The one little voice in her head broke it all...

You cant get away from it... Its a part of you, In your blood since before you were born.

Shuddering, morgana pushed the thin voice of chaos away from herself as hard as she could. Instantly she felt a wave of sickness come over her.

A part of you...

Nahstaa-1.jpg

Reverend of the Lords of Hate sep' 05, Destroyer of armies.

"Yes master, I shall prepare the skiff and leave at dawn." Fynn said with a slight bow. His master was right, the jungles of Yavin were dangerous, and even with a lightsaber. It would be safer in the daylight. Fynn left the room to sort the rest of the crystals Skye had left out away. Afterwards he directed the servants to gather some medical supplies and rations.

He partook of a small meal provided to him by a young female servant of Tzeentch. "Thank you, I was hungry...what is your-" Before he could finish the girl smiled widly at him pointed to his side. Fynn looked to his side, there his lightsaber dangled silently. The young girl made a gesture, playing as if she was herself were a jedi. Smiling, Fynn was about to make a comment, another older servant approached. Quietly the girl bowed and walked away quickly.

The sun on Yavin had set, and soon the red planet would rise above the horizon of its jungle moon. In the darkness far from the temple hundreds of night creatures began thier prowl.

The other servant directed him to his quarters, and left without ceremony, Fynn had barely said thanks by the time the man was down the hallway, and out of sight. Fynn accessed the holonet from a small datapad that was with his other belongings. There he watched the republic reports on the strange growing silence on imperial channels. Several republic analysts believed it to be a sign of a growing threat, while others argued it simply meant the empire was completely dissolved. In quick interview with Onderin Starlisk, the admiral revealed that he was readying the Republic fleet for a threat he felt was imminent on the jedi, he also asked for people to remain calm.

The jedi would be ready, the order had not survived for more then five millenia being illprepared. Fynn wished he could help, but he was still a padawan, if a true sith lord attacked, fynn felt he would only be more wax for the flame. Still even a padawan had a chance, as he had read about the destrction of Darth Maul at the hands of Obi Wan Kenobi. Fynn chuckled to himself. Here he was comparing himself to a legend. "You will learn your place..." His master had told him.

Fynn thought about their strategic postion. While it was true that Skyes' companion was a god, it didn't mean he would intervene if danger happened to be near. If he was a god, he could no more prevent tragedy then he could change the force. Still Yavin wasn't a major, or even minor system, and as yet he hadn't a single piece of chatter from passing vessels.

He knocked upon the open door of Skyes quarters seeing her with Amon.

"I must say master Yavin seems to be quite safe, at least from unwanted guests, I haven't recieved a signal from a single ship in several sectors in all directions. Besides I suppose being in the temple of a god who happens to be the father to your children is about as safe as one can be" Fynn said with a smile as he watched his master play with her son in his crib. "I've heard news that the republic expects and attack upon the jedi soon. The reports are mixed, but most agree the empire and the Sith are on the move..." he trailed off as he saw the baby had fallen asleep.

"I will retire master, and report to you at first light, unless there was something else. " Fynn said wondering if his master needed anything more.

Edited by Guest

"Thankyou Fynn."

Skye glanced up at him, smiling through her worry. For some reason Morgana had cut her off, shut her out of even the slightest contact she'd had with her through the sorcery. This caused her more concern. She cuddled Amon as she moved over to the nursery table to change him. That completed, she took out the protection pendant she'd made for her son. She would place it over his crib. He would enjoy the lights shining from it as the light caught it. She took him over to feed him, rocking him gently as she settled herself to the task.

By the time Fynn returned, she had finished feeding Amon and was just nursing him. She listened to what he said about the Jedi and the news broadcasts, nodding as she had surmised something was going on. This could also explain why Tzeentch had left them again so soon. She let Fynn go for the night, while she spent more time with her son. When she finally placed Amon back in his crib with the servants watching over him, she had made a decision. She moved outside onto one of the far side balconies, dismissing the pariah from her presence so that she could access the force again. As they removed themselves far enough away from her, Skye welcomed the warm flow of the force as embraced her once more.

She sat quietly, focusing her thoughts, calming them before she reached out to both Morgana and Darla, locating them by the caves, Fynn will collect you in the morning. Then added for her daughter Please Morgana... don't shut me out... She was concerned for her young daughter. For all that she was 18 after Tzeentch sped up her growth, it had only been slightly over a year between Morgana and Amon. She held the crystal pendant she had made for Morgana in her hand, feeling the warmth of the crystal against her skin as she infused it with the love she felt for her daughter. She sat out there for a few hours before retiring for the night, losing the sensations of the force again once back in the presense of the pariah's.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Now that Skye knew that her daughter was safely in the protection of Darla, she hoped that her friend could rest easy. Darla was exhausted as well, the sooner the sun rose the better. It would be reckless to head back to the temple in the darkness. It would only be a few hours until sunrise, so all they had to do was rest a while and everything would be fine.

Morgana's words confused Darla. she knew very little of Morgana's father. Her meetings with him had been brief. As for his sorcery...she knew even less. she had witnessed his powers. The very ground the stood on was there by his decree. But the inner workings of his godliness were a complete mystery to her.

How much of his power did she inherit and why is it hurtin g her so much?

Morgana was shuddering outside. Darla took one of the blankets and wrapped it around her shoulders.

"When you feel ready come back into the cave and get some rest. Morning will come much quicker if we get some sleep."

Rannrsig.jpg

Fynn awoke before dawn, as was his custom. Going through his morning excercise, Fynn stretched on a balcony overlooking the coming sunrise. He practiced his fencing, and balance skills, and then after an hour he meditated. The sun lazily peaked over the horizon, finding Fynn sitting with ledgs folded.

As he finished he returned to his room to clean himself, and prepare for the day ahead. Considering the warm jungle enviroment, Fynn decided to dress differently. He removed his thick upper tunic, prefering instead to go with light battle armor, the same type his father wore on Dantooine. It was heavier, but was made from a very breathable material. It was the first time Fynn had worn other garments then his robes, and it took Fynn a moment to relax and get used to it. The garment contained several cool packs, including a days supply of water if needed. Its mesh, while not completely blaster proof, provided some protection from sharp edged weapons and blades. Fynn was sure his master would be safe, but he decided to air on the side of caution.

He snapped his lightsaber to his belt, and moved with haste to see his master. The servants explained she was still sleeping. Fynn grinned slightly his master had been exhuasted from childbirth, and needed a rest. "Please inform her that I left to find Darla and her daughter." Fynn said plainly.

He boarded the small skiff that had been stocked with supplies, water and medical kits just in case. Lifting off Fynn plunged into the Jungle, using his piloting skills to find his way. The skiff, about 9 feet long, was a model similiar to a land speeder. It had room for about 5 people or space for cargo if so needed. Fynn snapped on the comm system and sent out a general call. "Darla...come in Darla, answer if you can hear me...." There was only silence on the comm which made Fynn worried.

Skye had been up a few times through the night to her son and didn't surface when Fynn had left his message for her that he had gone to find Darla and Morgana. When she did rise, she bathed and fed Amon, getting the servants to watch him again as she showered and dressed. She selected a flowing midnight blue skirt and a silver blouse, lined with midnight blue buttons. She tied the front of her long auburn hair back from her face, leaving the rest to hang down the middle of her back. She wasn't as sore today and spent more of her morning doing some simple stretches and then meditating while Amon slept. She kept the comm channel open to hear when Fynn picked up the girls.

She had the pendants she had made for Morgana and Darla in her pocket, though felt that she should have something else for her daughter. She rose from where she had been meditating and checked on Amon again before heading back to the work room. She got out all the instruments again, dismissing the pariah again so she could feel the force while she worked. She now focused on making Morgana a special hair piece. She chose slithers of all of the crystals in this one, carefully crafting it and infusing the hairpiece with the love that she felt for her daughter. By the time she had finished it was mid morning. Skye turned the hairpiece over in her hands, checking over the butterfly shaped piece. She was pleased with the result, having embedded the crystals in such a pattern that would serve to protect her daughter from bad dreams and illnesses. Being that Morgana was half mortal, Skye didn't want her daughter to fall ill.

She placed away all the work utensils and gathered up the bag of remaining crystals. She would have to find more before too long. Her collection was diminishing. She went back to check on Amon, slipping the other gift into her pocket as well while she spent time with her son and waited for the others to arrive back.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

After an hour of no contacts. Fynn called in a reprt to his master. "Nothing yet master, They must be sleeping in. I'll intesify my sweep, and do an exhuastive search near the mouth of the Ilum caves. Fynn out." With that he turned the skiff about, slowing down to about 80 kph. Using a few technical tricks he turned up the scan radius. With any luck it would return a signal.

Fynn sat back and enjoyed piloting the skiff for a while letting his mind wander. If the reports he heard were true, it would mean the end to fragile peace he had felt when joining the order. He tought back to his confrontation with Kakuto, his master had spared Kakuto and even helped the Sith Lord. H e was sure that thier must have been some sort of arranged truce between the jedi and the sith. For even with the oath that Skye had taken, she must have felt the mans' intentions. Still she had done what she had done to honor her companion, and what she felt was right.

Fynn wondered though, if Kakuto had a jedi at his mercy, would he have extended the same kindness? Fynn scoffed, that was the difference between the jedi and the sith. The Sith were always on the offensive, and jedi defensive. Someday Fynn thought to himself the roles had to be reversed for the jedi to survive. But Fynn thought inwardly that that day was far off...

Darla awoke to the beeping of her comm unit. It had recieved a signal and she must have slept through it. The device must have been beeping for some time,but in her deep slumber she hadnt heard it. She yawn, stretched out her arms and then picked up the comm.

Fynn's voice came through the unit and Darla replied.

"Sorry I didnt get back to you earlier, it's been a rough night. Tell Skye we're ok and as soon as Morgana feel up to it we'll start walking back. It might take us a little while."

Leaving the comm switched on Darla gathered up her things while she waited to see if Fynn would reply. She wasnt sure how long ago he'd sent the signal.

Rannrsig.jpg

The comm jumped to life with Darla's voice. It suprised Fynn, who had been daydreaming. "Darla! Good to hear from you is Morgana alright?, Master Skye had been worried, she dispatched me to find you two. No need to walk back, I'll be at your location a few minutes." Fynn smiled, so the wild Yavin night hadn't claimed them. He sat back and turned the skiff in the direction of the signal.

He opened his com to Master Skye. "Master, I've found them, repeat I've located Darla and Morgana!" Fynn said giving his master the good news would certainly encourage her. Fynn sat back and felt relieved, since he had left Dantooine, his master, her freinds and children were all the family he had. While he was sure forming attachments could be dangerous, he couldn't deny that he did long to see Darla and Morgana again.

"Morgana seems alright...Though im worried about her. She seems traumatised..."

Darla was about to mention what she had said about her fathers sorcery, then decided against it. She knew that Fynn was less than comfortable about Tzeentch, plus she wasnt sure if Morgana would want him to know about her problems.

Darla continued.

"Im not sure exactly what happened...It's probably best if she talks to Skye about it." Darla hoped she was handling the situation tactfully. "Lock into this comm signal as a beacon and head our way. See you soon, Darla out."

Darla shut off her comm and waited for Fynn to arrive. She went back into the cave to check on Morgana.

"Are you ok? Our ride home is on its way."

Suddenly Darla was very unsure how she could help Morgana and hoped that things would get sorted out when they got back to Skye at the temple.

Rannrsig.jpg

"I copy Darla, should just be a couple of minutes..." Fynn said, pleased to hear Darlas' calm soothing voice. As he directed the skiff towards thier location. Fynn's datapad began buzzing. Snapping on the automatic pilot Fynn checked the information coming in. A large headline flashed on the lcd screen. Fynn gasped as he read it.

REPUBLIC AND JEDI ATTACK MIMBAN!

There were reports of massive firefights and even ground battles beggining on the planets surface. Reporters embedded with Republic troops reported high casualties but at least initial success. Fynn frowned. He was as far away from the fighting as one could get, it felt downright irresponsible, not being there to assist his fellow jedi.

But his master needed him now, and it was his duty to follow her commands. As much as he wished to join the fight, he had a responsibility to his master. He was also unsure what actions had provoked such drastic action. The jedi hadnt fought a offensive campaign since the clone wars, action that devestated the old order.

Fynns' skiff zommed over a small cliff, and below between a patch of jungle and a small cave, stood Darla waving. Behind her Morgana sat apparently alright. Fynn took off the autopilot and piloted the skiff to just a few yards from Darla. Seeing her at the temple was a shock, and now Fynn was convinced he felt something for her. He couldn't pinpoint it, but there was something about her that attracted him more then mere words could say. Wether he should act on his feelings were another matter entirely for Darla surely wouldn't be impressed by the infatuation of an inexpierenced padawan. He shrugged the thought off as he put the craft down.

"I say did anyone call for a taxi?" Fynn said with a sarcastic grin. 'Darla is simply too...beautiful...' Fynn was lost in her smile for a second, he then looked away to avoid staring. He lowered the landing ramp and put his hands on his hips waiting to see if the women were ready to go. "Mistress Skye was might worried about Morgana...is she alright?" Fynn said as he looked off in the girls direction. "I just got word...the Republic has attacked the Sith stronghold Mimban, the reports are skecthy, but appears the Jedi have also joined the fighting. This changes everything."

Skye was restless, she was worried about her daughter. She picked up Amon and wandered around their home. He was growing quickly, though not as fast as his sister for which she was grateful. She took him out onto the balcony again, having the servants lay out a blanket and some toys to entertain the young Master Chi-en. Skye sat down on the blanket holding her son so that he was standing on his feet, bouncing up and down gurgling and giggling at his mother, causing her to smile fondly upon him.

"My little scallywag, arn't you Amon Saulot... you're such a handsome little lad arn't you."

He had red hair and green eyes just like his father. She brought him further into her arms, resting him against her shoulder while she cuddled him close. She missed his father as well, wondering what he was up to. Kissing Amon's cheek she placed him back on the blanket, playing with him by dangling his toys over him so Amon had to reach up to grab them. She was exercising him by gentle means, rewarding him with the toys as he mastered each motion she taught.

Skye did hope that Fynn would return soon with the girls. She felt the time for his trials were near. She would send him to the Jedi Academy for them.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Darla smiled at Fynn's joke. It was nice to hear after the night she'd had. she still wasnt sure what had gone on with Morgana, but she knew it was something deep.

"Thank you Fynn, I wasnt looking forward to the trek home."Fynn's words that followed worried her. "The jedi are attacking?! How very jedi of them." Sarcasm and a small tinge of rage ran through her words.

The jedi code forbid attack...Yet again and again the Jedi council found reasons to brake it.

"Im sorry Fynn...I just cant condome the Jedi making any form of attack when it goes agains their code so strongly." She looked at him,her eyes showing that she meant no offense with her earlier comment. " Let's head back to the temple and see if we can tap into the holo-net and find out whats really happening out there."

For once Darla was glad to be away from the action. She wanted no part of this war at all. All she wanted was to keep her friends safe.

Rannrsig.jpg

As Morgana entered the skiff without words.She was very upset and Fynn noticed. "Well, hello to you too...I am sorry i missed you at the temple Morgana, I still have much to learn to be aware of my surroundings. I humbly apologize. I was taught a man who is willing to admit his mistakes is better then a man who cannot." Fynn said these words and boarded himself.

She seemed scarred, like a shadow ready to dissappear. Fynn moved towards her and got down to her level. Resting upon one knee. "If you'ld like I could teach you a meditation technique that could help you to calm yourself when your upset, it isn't much, but it can help. I'm sure your mother loves you dearly, as does your father, even though they don't always show it." After saying this Fynn invited Darla aboard.

As they were all ready Fynn lifted off, spinning the skiff around, and launching forward into the jungle again. As they moved at almost 100 kph, Fynn decided he would make the return trip without silence. "I don't know what transpired for the Jedi to attack Mimban so directly. It has been said that a Jedis' skills are to be used for knowledge and defense. Actions such as these are highly dangerous, both for the people and for the Jedi. Whatever my personal feeling may be however, I am bound to serve the force regardless of others actions. I serve it, not the fallible users of it." Fynn said as manuvered to avoid a small embankment.

"You fought me Darla, you know how I feel about such attacks. Jedi always suffer when they begin such idealistic crusades, as good as thier intentions may be." Fynn sighed, "Now it will be left to jedi such as Mistress Skye to weather the coming storm." Fynn said the last words in a guarded fashion. As they came over a rolling hill and saw the temple in the distance, Fynn had a feeling that things were about to change.