Wayland

Tarrian Skywalker

"This sure is a peaceful place," Sahv told himself. The two had sat down for a meal inside the Myddrin.

"Cal." The Jedi continued... "Once you are able to achieve a high level of sensory perception, you will be able to actually alter objects. Watch this."

Sahv focused on an apple that was sitting on the table next to him. Concentrating on the apple, he dived into the fruit's being through the Force. He sensed it's shape, mass, weight, and volume, and saw how it existed in the meta realm that allows Force perception and alteration. It slowly began to lift off of the ground."

"Well?" Sahv asked jokingly.

Sending the apple out of the nearby open entrance ramp, it traveled at an astonishing speed outward. Ten seconds later, it splattered against the porthole opposite of where the two sat eating.

"In time, you will do this." He answered Cal, who was noticeably curious about how the act was even remotely possible.

"The reports you've heard about Jedi doing strange things is not exaggerated, my friend. Come, we are departing for Coruscant."

((Post once more here, preparing the ship, then feel free to do a first post in Space.))

SahvYorrUnknown2.jpg

Cal nodded to Sahv and got up from the table. He was still stunned by what he had seen Sahv do with the apple. He had jumped when the fruit hit the window, but he thought it was pretty cool and personally couldn't wait till he too was able to perform such feats.

Cal made his way to the cockpit to prepare the Myddrin for take off. Sahv was right, Wayland was very quiet and peaceful. It almost reminded Cal of his times on Sullon, but now it was time to go. Cal almost dreaded having to go from such a peaceful place to a loud and busy place like Coruscant.

Cal settled into the pilot's seat, punched a few buttons, and the two comrades were off to their next destination.

l_9a9487ff62b14f8ba83cafa13f758c89.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

(Emily-Jade's Perspective)

They had arrived. Back to the place she had complete comfort in. Her mother had brought her back. She didn't understand what was going on. She had met her father, and now she was brought back to Wayland. Tera-Lee had said they probably weren't coming back, yet here they were.

Why did they come back? Where was E-J's dad. Tera seemed more tired and upset lately. Is this my fault? E-J wondered. Could something else have happened that made her bring me here? She walked into her old room and dropped her stuff on the bed. Where was this Talon guy who was supposed to train her? Her uncle....

Sitting on the bed she sat staring out the window. She was home, but she didn't want to be....

guns.jpg

The Rogue Jedi landed outside the housing developments. The planet was once torn by civil war between its two native sentients and later dictated by a crazed Jedi clone, something that to this day, makes them unconfortable around anyone who appears to be, or emits the presence of, a Jedi. The two of them entered the human colony, which was devoid of both the Psadan and Myneyrsh races. The 10 o clock toll had sounded shortly beforehand, signaling the curfew for teenagers, leaving only a few people in the streets of the small town. Dhan-Jaroe turned to Kautra, "I've only been here once myself." He approached what appeared to be a random house and knocked. "And now... we wait."

Kautra peered out the window as they gently decended the new planet

Kautra and his master strooled out amoung the humas, Kautra drawfed them all, the continued on untill they came to a a small hut on the side of the road.

His master rose his hand to knock on the door.

*and now... we wait he said, with a hint of depression in his tone.

*Wait for whom, or what my master?* Kautra looked around the village to see very little, if nothing around, the town was dark, and dessolate.

He disliked waiting, but he had patience, one of the virtues he had aquired from living on a dessolate planet himself.

((gee, I hate making short posts, it takes all the fun out of it. But oh well, I didnt have too much to work with...))

Sitting on her bed reading, Tera-Lee was involved with her book. The night had been busy, with friends dropping in to hear of the outside world. Exhausted, she had finally put Emily-Jade to bed and decided to spend the rest of the evening quietly reading. She laughed to herself. A quiet evening... that's never happened, nor will it ever. Turning the page she heard a knock. Who is it now? It's as if we had never left. Everyone's come back to talk to us. It's late though... they should know Em's in bed....

Getting up, she grabbed a soft cloak and slipped it on. Her feet were cold on the floor but she didn't care. Walking down the hall, she went into the entrance and unlocked the door. It opened into the night. Her eyes weren't adjusted yet and could barely make out the figures in her door way. Blinking, she made out two males. Then it hit her. Her eyes widened in fear.

"Dhan! What are you doing here!?! Why did you come? You know the people here do not like the Jedi, yet you come and bring no doubt an apprentice." Grabbing both males by their sleeves, she pulled them in.

"Wake up Emily, and I'll have your head!" Motioning them into another room she pointed to the covered seats. "Dhan, why....." Her anger washed away as she just stared at him. She couldn't stay mad at him for long... She never could and she probably never would. Looking at the other man she sighed. Some quiet night this has been.

guns.jpg

"The people don't dislike the Jedi, they fear them. People tend to fear what they can't understand." He looked around the dwelling, he had recalled the package they had received on Naboo, and it's dark presence, and he was looking for the same thing here. Every time... something went wrong. Dhan-Jaroe nodded to Kautra who sat down, but DJ remained standing, walking closer to the woman. "Why did I come? Because I wanted to see my wife and daughter... that's not a crime."

"Fear... Dislike... It works hand in hand." She glared, "Don't be so picky." Her anger flared up again. Who did he think he was.... She backed away from him. "You're right it's not a crime to want to see us.... Your apprentice probably doesn't appreciate the detour you took...."

Sighing she moved to sit but decided otherwise. Moving closer to him she placed her hand on his chest. "Dhan, I'm not sure why you're here. You never do anything without a reason. You have an apprentice, so making this detour doesn't make sense...." Looking to DJ's apprentice, she gave a sad smile, then looked back at her husband.

"I know I am tired though, and I am very stressed. Will you two be staying tonight? You can stay however long you wish. For your apprentice, he can have the spare room. Dnia's not around...." Taking a step back, she blinked. "If you aren't staying, well, that's up to you. I will not wake Emily up though. You can see her, but be quiet. She only fell alseep not long ago."

guns.jpg

*Why did I come? Because I wanted to see my wife and daughter... that's not a crime.* His master spoke with a mild tone, one that was full of emotion.

Then things started to make since to Kautra, This explains a lot he thought quietly to him self as he took a seat in a rather comfortable chair.

The ring on his masters finger, the way he acted, and the sadness he carried with him, all made since to Kautra now.

Kautra tried not to pay attention to the conversation the two of them were having, for he felt it was not his business to listen in. He glanced around the room, looking here, then there, but the conversation got the bestof him when he was mentioned in their conversation.

*"You're right it's not a crime to want to see us.... Your apprentice probably doesn't appreciate the detour you took...."* Her voice became angry again.

He watched her move closer to his master, and speak works that he had a hard time making out, for her voice became soft, and silent but he caught most of it.

*Dhan, I'm not sure why you're here. You never do anything without a reason. You have an apprentice, so making this detour doesn't make sense...." * Her voice became sad, almost as if she were about to cry.

She turned he head towards Kautra, and he soft blue eyes locked with his, they broke off a moment later, returning to her husbands. In the moment they had locked eyes, Kautra saw the sadness that was hidden in her voice, she had lived a difficult life, and this didn't seem to be making it any eaiser on her.

*If you aren't staying, well, that's up to you. I will not wake Emily up though. You can see her, but be quiet. She only fell alseep not long ago."* she said quietly.

Kautra did not know what to say, or how to say it, so instead he just stood, and looked to his master. He hadn't a clue as to what was going on. but he allowed him self to just flow with things at the time, what ever his master said would be good enough for him.

Never do anything without a reason... He thought about it. Was there a subconcious reason he wasn't aware of? He shook his head. "I don't want to get caught up with the Jedi Order... we've been seperated before because I wasn't able to see you. I don't want the time between to be years. I have loyalties to the Jedi, I always will. But they came into my life second, and that is the place they will take." He turned his head to Kautra.

"We'll stay in my ship for the night... we'll come back in the morning." He motioned for his apprentice to follow, once they got into the ship he picked up a helmet.

"Your reflexes were good for your last test, but lets see if they are good enough. Remember, don't ever rule out the unexpected." He handed Kautra the helmet and instructed him to place it on his head with the blast shield down. "A Jedi doesn't need his eyes... the force will be your guide." He activated a training remote. "One more thing." He took out his green saber and handed it to him. "Be careful... that isn't set on stun." The remote fired a single shot at the blinded Kautra.

Kautra bowed to the lady of the house, as him, and his master left the room.

*Thank you for having us ma'dam* He said quietly, so he didn't wake the youngen.

He slowly strode out of the house with his master, and headed back to the ship. As they entered, his master picked up a helmet and handed it to him.

*Your reflexes were good for your last test, but lets see if they are good enough. Remember, don't ever rule out the unexpected* his master said. A warm feeling entered his heart now, he had done something right so far.

His master instructed him to put the helmet on, with the blast sheild down, so that could not see. He did so, but left the sheild up for a moment.

*A Jedi doesn't need his eyes... the force will be your guide* He said as he turned the traing remote on. The small orb drifted through the air, and began to dart left, and right.

*One more thing.* his master said quickly. His master reached into his robes and pulled out an archaic hitl of sorts. It took Kautra a moment before recognizing what it was that his had. The it hit him... A ligthsaber he thought to him self, as his master activated it. An all to familiar humm began to emmit from the saber, as an erie green glow erupted from the hilt.

His master handed it to Kautra

*Be careful... that isn't set on stun he siad sarcasticly, Kuatra could not help but smile as the saber changed to his hands.

For all that he thought, the lightsaber was occwardly light, for being such a powerful weapon, he felt as if he could snap it in half with just his hands. He refrained form doing so, he was sure his master would not have appreceated it.

Kautra nodded, and then put the blast sheild down over his eyes, blinding him from the world around him.

He turned to where he last saw the traning remote, and rose the saber in defence.

He could heard the remote huvering, and dart from side to side. Then it let out a shot. Kutra barley heard the shot being fired, but he sure did feel it. It hit him in the left shoulder, and it stung like crazy.

*ow* was the only thing that slipped through his lips, but much more wanted to come. He heard the remote dart to the left, and then down, then it let out an other shot.

*Son-of-a...* He caught him self before fininshing his sentance. That time it was in his right side...and again it stung.

He began to have the strange feeling again, something made him move the saber to block his right shoulder, as he heard the remote move again.

An other shot range out of the remote, this time hitting him in the right bicept. He was getting closer, and yet still not close enough...that one really stung.

Almost got it he thought to him self, as the feeling made him move the saber to the left, this time he wasn't thinking about it, he just did it. The saber was blocking his left side. The remote shot, this time being making contact with the saber, and being deflected back at its origin.

He did it, he blocked one. Maybe I should pay more attention to that feeling, it hasn't let me down yet as he thought this, the remote shot again, this time catching Kautra in the right leg...he felt stupid, caught off guard.

This continued for a while, he was able to block 3 more shots, out of almost 20. His body was stinging all over

At least I'm doing something He thought to him self as he continued with the traning. The feeling was becoming stronger in him, and he listened to it more, it sent his hands to where they needed to be, when they needed to be there. he started blocking more and more shots, slipping up occasionaly, only to be reminded to stop thinking, because the shots were really starting to bug him.

Tera-Lee just watched as her husband and his apprentice left. She left like her heart was torn into yet another piece. Waiting a few minutes later, she went and locked the door for the night and went to her room dazed. Entering it, she flopped on to the bed and sighed. Silence filled the air and small tears rolled down her face.

Crawling under the covers, she wiped her cheeks and laid her head down. Several more tears came and she laid there thinking. Getting up again, she crept out of her room and into Emily-Jades. Sneaking onto the bed she crawled in with her daughter. Moving E-J's hair out of her eyes, Tera kissed her forhead. Laying down, she cuddled her daughter and fell asleep.

guns.jpg

Dhan-Jaroe's mind wandered out of the ship and back to the dwelling. Tera-Lee had learned to mask her feelings with the force, but when she was upset she lost what control over the force she had and he could sense her discontent. She wasn't upset that he was there, but rather that he would bring danger. It always seemed that he did, but times were different than. He wasn't in command of a group of Jedi, and he was no longer on the council, there was no reason for the Sith to go out of their way for him.

"Kautra, that's enough of that for tonight." he deactivates the remote and his apprentice removes the helmet and returns the lightsaber. "Use my ship's computers to do some research, I want you to study the Jedi Healing technique and than get some rest, there's a bunk for you so make yourself at home." DJ left the room and went to sleep himself.

*Kautra, that's enough of that for tonight* His master said. his voice was not where his mind was. He seemed to be rather out of it. His master turned the remote off, and set it aside. Kautra was happy for this...his body was stinging all over Darn Training Remote he thought to him self.

Kautra removed the helmet, and handed the lightsaber back to his master. It was fun while it lasted he thought as he did so.

*Use my ship's computers to do some research, I want you to study the Jedi Healing technique and than get some rest, there's a bunk for you so make yourself at home* his master said as he walked out of the room, into his own.

*Yes master* Kautra said quietly, he sensed his master was in deep thought, the look on his face was blank, there was no emotion in him. His master left the room quietly, and Kautra took his seat in the cockpit of the craft.

He touched the computer screen, and brought up the holonet.

*Search for the Jedi Healing Technique* he said to the computer. The computer began its search, and brought up a plethera of information.

Kautra began reading what he could make out of it. Most of which seemed complicated, but he was getting the jist of it.

After about an hour of reading or so, he began to nod off in his chair.

A moment later he fell asleep.

((So whats going on here, not a single post since the 24th??? Oh well.))

Kautra slowly stared to wake, as the sun drifted high in the sky, It was a beautiful mourning, and was sure to be a beautiful day.

Kautra's eyes began to wander from here to there, and he looked out side apon the people as they walked around the city, all with their own agenda, busy bartering, and trading amoungst them selves.

Kautra stood up from his seat, and wandred around the ship, not knowing if his master had woken yet, he didn't want to wake him, if he hadn't. He looked out all the windows in the cockpit, and sat down again at the computer.

He began researching again. He found some info on the subjet at hand.

He read the screen

" - The Jedi Healer uses the Force to accelerate the natural healing process rapidly for a short duration. Initial levels require meditation, but greater aptitude usually grants faster regeneration, without need of meditation. - "

Seems simple enough he thought to him self as he finished reading the screen

He continued his search, only to come up with the same information.

"Did you find a degree of success?" Dhan-Jaroe said, standing right behind his seated padawan, who was startled, to say the least. "One question however, do you feel confident in your ability to use that technique? With practice, you can use it to ignore pain to an extent during a long battle. It helps battle fatigue and even flesh wounds."

*Did you find a degree of success* Came a voice from behind Kautra, that made him jump. He had been in silence for most of the mourning and hearing his master scared him half to death.

His heart was racing, for he had not heard his master come up behind him, which was probly due to his masters abilities to conceal himself.

*I have found some information on the subject, I would like to have more, but from what I found, I'm sure I can try it.* He said quietly to his master

*One question however, do you feel confident in your ability to use that technique? With practice, you can use it to ignore pain to an extent during a long battle. It helps battle fatigue and even flesh wounds.* His master asked with a smile.

*Confident, I am sure I might be able to use this ability if I thought about it enough.* he responded.

The sun was now rising past the window os the ship, and took its place high in the sky. The beings out side seemed less then conserned about what was going on with the world, as they walked around amoungst them selves, conversating, trading, and bartering.

Kautra looked back at the computer screen, and thought he was done with it. He turned it off, and stood up, waiting for his master to continue.

"Confidence is always good" said DJK as he placed his hand on the blaster concealed in his robe. He turned it down to its lowest setting and placed the tip of the weapon on Kautra's shoulderblade, who was still facing the monitor. "Lets just hope you aren't overly confident." He pulled the trigger and from point blank range, the blast entered Kautra's shoulder and burned the skin and outer muscle to his tunic.

Kautra sat back down at the computer screen as his master continued.

*Confidence is always good* his master said quietly

Kautra agreed with him

*Lets just hope you aren't overly confident.* his master said, but this time there was more to it. There was a shot fired, and a pain shot through Kautra like none he had felt before. His master just shot him, and for some reason he knew it was going to happen.

He layed there on the computer screen holding what he could reach of his shoulder, as the pain continued to throb. With agony displayed on his face for all to see.

He slowly can to terms with the pain, as he sat up. He could feel the blood run from the wound, staining his cloak. He stopped concentrating on the blood, and started conentrating on the wound.

The pain kept him from thinking straight, or concentrating. He had to calm him self,or else he would not be able to heal. The computer said he had to meditate, but on what, the pain, or the wound.

He stumbled on to the floor, and made him self as comfortable as possible.

*Master, how do I do this* He asked painfully.

He could not stop thinking about the pain or the wound, so he had no idea how to meditate on either of them. He tried to force himself to stop feeling the pain, but he was unsuccesful. Even though it was not too bad of a wound, the pain was intense, barable, but intense.

(( 3 day rule))

Before his master could answer, it came to him. Stop your mind from focusing on every thing. This was harder then it sounded, the computer only said how it was done, not how to do it.

Slowly the pain subsided, and all that was left was a very calm Kautra, with a pretty bad wound on his shoulder. He had stopped his mind from focusing on the pain, and the wound.

He could feel his body becomming less tence, and more relaxed

I can, no I will do this. he thought to him self as he focused harder on the task at hand.

He felt a strange tingle in his shoulder as he focused more, and more on healing he wound.

With his head bent low, and mind more then blank, with the exception of healing. he continued with his meditation.

OOC: Sorry I haven't been too active, I have exams coming up and have been realy busy lately.

IC: Kautra asked for assistance, but appeared to be able to handle it on his own, and sensed that his apprentice was meditating to help ignore the wound as it took its time to heal.

"Keep in mind that this maneuver is not much, it dulls the mental pain, so if you find yourself in battle with a broken arm, the Force alone cannot repair that. Remember that. Once you're fully healed, we'll be moving out."

(( Okay that explains a lot,i have exams week after next so i now how you feel))

Keep in mind that this maneuver is not much, it dulls the mental pain, so if you find yourself in battle with a broken arm, the Force alone cannot repair that. Remember that. Once you're fully healed, we'll be moving out." His masters words distracted Kaurta momentarily from his meditation.

* Yes master, understandable* he replied to his master

He returned back to his meditation, focusing on healing the wound rather then the pain it was emmiting. The tingle was growing stronger in his shoulder, and it felt as if his skin was stretching.

The tingle developed a warm sensation around the wound.

With his mind focused, the wound slowly started to heal it self. It was not long before the gaping wound in his shoulder became a mild wound, ever so slowly it continued to heal.

An other half an hour passed, and the wound was nothing more then a deep scratch. Kautra was becomming ever so tired, it was barley 3 in the afternoon, and he was ready to pass out.

15 minutes passed, and the wound had all but vanished, only leaving a small scar on his right shoulder. Kautra even more tired, tried to stand up, but found that he was unable to do so. He looked to his master.

*Am I finished master?* he asked lightly, the tiredness becomming very noticable in his voice.

"Now keep in mind that your wound was merely a deep bruise and burned skin, the healing technique will not reduce a laser wound or lightsabaer slash to a wound. Now get some rest, tomorrow will not be easy. Once your awake, find me." He left the ship and entered the nearby house. It was during the waking hours so he got to see his daughter. She wasn't very talkative and eventually wandered off.

"She's still uneasy around me." he looked out the window to his ship, it had been with through nearly everything: The IJA, you name it, it was there, and this is where it's final journey would end. "After I'm done training Kautra, i'm coming back here and i'm staying. My time with the Jedi is nearing its close, and I want to be here to raise Emily-Jade."

((( sry, but I'm posting with this account for Tera-Lee... can't get into my account. )))

Tera had allowed her husband in, and had left her daughter with him. She cleaned and conducted her business as usual, as she had before leaving Wayland.

"She's still uneasy around me. After I'm done training Kautra, I'm coming back here and I'm staying. My time with the Jedi is nearing its close, and I want to be here to raise Emily-Jade."

She looked at Dhan and sighed. She was sick of her world being turned upside down. Wonder what's going on in my baby's mind... "Dhan, give her some time. She's only known you for a short while. Don't expect her to love you right away. Just think of her being another me. It took awhile...."

... Against All Odds ... Against All Instincts ... We Evolve ...

"I understand that, I don't expect her to be welcoming to me, that's why I need to stay here. Once Kautra has become a Jedi, I have no reason to stay within the order. They have stabilized themselves, they'll thrive and continue into future generations. They don't need me anymore, so I can now address my needs. When I leave, it will be the last time I leave."

Dhan-Jaroe kissed her, a pleasure he hadn't had in far too long. It was the seal for his promise. He didn't want to spend the rest of his life visiting his family while he tended to the Jedi.

Tera was surprised as he pressed his lips against hers. At first she tried to resist, but gave up and melted in his arms. She never could stay mad at him. "Dhan, how do you know you'll come back? Plans don't always go perfectly..." She snuggled up to him and laid her head on his shoulder and placed her hand on his chest.

"You've said that before. You've said you were going to give up the order. But, Dhan.... You're Dhan-Jaroe Kenobi. Chosen by the Force, your life is the Order. You were a Jedi before a husband. You'll stay for a while, then you'll end up being called back to them. Why fight something you know you can't win? Do what you're destined to do...."

... Against All Odds ... Against All Instincts ... We Evolve ...

(( sorry this took so long to respond ))

Kautra nodded to his master as he finished speaking, and watched as he left the ship. Kautra was told to find his master after being rested. This was welcome, to every degree Kautra could think of, for he was worn out completely, he had never used the force before, and he found it to be rather draining, but he knew he would get used to it.

Kautra walked over to the sleeping quarters and layed on one of the cots, he layed there for a moment or two, thinking about what was to come next, the possibilities were endless. He slowly began to drift off, into a deep slumber, one of which he had only accevied after a hard days work on his home planet of Mustifar.

The Mustifarians rarely dreamed, and Kautra was no exception. When a Mustifarian did dream, it was of the future, and very few had accheived that in the past.

He woke close to 3 hours later, and sat up. He looked about the room, and decided he was rested enough to walk around. He stood up, finding that his shoulder was still in minor pain, and was irritating him. He walked about the ship, and snacked awhile, untill he felt it was time to leave.

He stepped out on the tree covered ground, and took in his barrings. People were still walking around the village, and the sun still hung high in the sky, he must not have slept as long as he thought, he began walking in the dircetion his master had taken him the night before.

"Husband is a meaningless word. Regardless of contracts or commitments, my heart belonged to you before my loyalty belonged to the Jedi. I'm not the teacher I once was. I'm not sure if I can succeed in finishing Kautra's training. The will of the force has brought me here; this is the end of my path... one way or another." He turned and made his way for the door, and just as Tera was about to argue further, a knock was heard.

Kautra had just reached the house. "Ah... Kautra, you didn't get much rest did you? Suit yourself, be sure to put some extra clothes on once we return to the ship... it will be rather cold at our next destination."

He faced the dwelling again and stood in the doorway with Tera-Lee. "Without you, I'm nothing." He handed her his lightsaber and left with his apprentice.

((Continue in the Space thread))

Kautra nonchalantly walked up to the house where he and his master stood the night before.

His master came out of the house as he was about to knock on the door.

*Ah... Kautra, you didn't get much rest did you? Suit yourself, be sure to put some extra clothes on once we return to the ship... it will be rather cold at our next destination.* His master said with a smile. He looked distressed, but Kautra thought nothing of it.

*Yes master. I feel revitalized enough.* He said quickly. He saw His master turn around and speak to his wife quietly, as he handed her his lightsaber.

His master tunernd back to him, and began walking towards the ship.

Kautra sun around and caught up with his master. They got back on the ship, and left the beautiful planet.