Rafa V

Tarrian Skywalker

A cold breeze scattered dust about Armiena and tossed her robes about. She cinched her robe more tightly about her. A chilly desert... interesting contrast, she mused. And the planet had a relatively thin atmosphere, she soon found out. As she watched an E-Wing land relatively near her position, she was already beginning to breathe a bit quickly.

She couldn't resist a feral grin. If anything, Rafa V was a great world to do some hard training on. Speaking of training... With the confusion of the recall and emergency relocation, Armiena didn't have the chance to do as much training with Nadroj as she wanted.

She located his presence on her ship fairly quickly, and sent him a brief message through the Force. Jordan, meet me outside the ship for a bit of training.

drayyy.png

A highly encrypted comm arrives for the Jedi on Rafa V.

----Comm Open----

"This is Master Talon reporting from Nar Shadda. It seems Whyl the Hutt has been assassinated, and the Jedi responsible is on the run." Talon displays an image from the archives of the assassin- a Jedi known as Daz-Ex Ether. "It would be so kind of you to send back-up, as there is any number of beings pursuing him, and taking them alone might prove more than difficult..."

---Comm Closed----

Location courtesy of Hale Akturus.

Character Sheet

-- encrypted and untraceable comm to Ara-Lai Kaipi --

Master Ara,

I have received a further communiqué from Jidai Geki and he is demanding the information of the new Jedi Base. There is no way he will get the information from me for two reasons. The first is I don't know where the base is situated now, I only have your comm frequency and the second is that what remains of the Order should remain safe and protected. Neither Darex or Shy knew the new base location either and I fear that they have now been killed. I cannot sense my old padawan through the Force any longer, it was suddenly cut off, directly after I received the last message. Jidai Geki had tortured them both, their screams were in the background of the message I received.

I strongly recommend that in the future we find another location to harvest crystals as Ilum is now under control of the Empire. By the time you receive this communiqué Helix Station will have moved again to an unspecified location as it's location was compromised as well and as it contains several of the ancient holocrons it must remain safe as well. I will still be contactable on this frequency and intend to depart Helix as soon as it reaches it's new location. I was unable to return for your recall as I was heavily pregnant at the time and not long after, had my daughter. I feel I have failed the Order by not being able to do anything for Darex. I have instructions to seek out another Jedi Master, so unless you require me to report to you I will head to that location.

Skye Out.

-- end comm --

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Scorp listened to the open comm. And then he forgot why he needed to talk to the Jedi leader.

"Hmm ok."

Removing himself from the wall he head for his ship. HE wondered if he should take his padawan. Finnaly he decided against it as he started the ship up. HE wasn't really sure if taking her to where he was going was such a good idea. HE would just have to hurry. After all he had promised his padawan the chance to get a lightsaber crystal.

HE quickly headed off of Rafa V and jumped into hyperspace.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Ara sighed and rubbed at her temples. She quickly sent a heavily encrypted comm back to Skye before looking at Kenobi and Isolder.

"That takes care of that, I guess." She sat down on the ground. "And Whyl the Hutt, assassinated by a Jedi. That does not bode well." Looking up at Isolder, she said, "You can either go and scout out Ilum and report back, if you wish, or round up a group and try and find the Jedi that killed Whyl. I leave it up to you. Just tell me which you choose, so I can assign someone else to the other mission."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Kayla came out of her meditation suddenly, in time to see a ship piloting out of the atmosphere. It was Scorp's ship, she realized and jumped to her feet. Where was he going and why hadn't he taken her?

Dissapointed and a little angry, Kayla left the shady spot she had meditated in and started back towards the ruins. Why did he leave me? She thought.

km35qv.jpg

Aero says:

good lick

Aero says:

*LUCK

Aero says:

I MEANT LUCK

Isolder contemplated the two options for a moment. Saving those two Jedi had been what he'd argued for. But he had a really bad feeling about this assassination.

"I have a feeling this assassination may be more important. But the Jedi must be given aid. Whoever is sent should try to gain the assistance of the Republic."

Isolder stood up to leave.

"I'll leave immediately to find this Jedi assassin, with your permission. Do you know where Wyhl was assassinated?"

moon3.jpg

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good. Nightmare to you!"

"It appears so."

Isolder gave short bow to Kaipi, and then proceeded to his ship. The X-wing fired up perfectly, R2 having finished all the repairs. Isolder was on his way to Nar Shadda.

moon3.jpg

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good. Nightmare to you!"

((Sorry, been gone again. ))

Jasyn stopped, having finally arrived at his destination. He breathed deeply and looked around, allowing the force to guide him, lead him, and most importantly, show him what he was looking for. Somehow led to a spot in the corner, Jasyn plugged the data pad into a small console there, satisfied with his sucess and hoping that he was correct in assuming that this was the spot.

He had changed, Jasyn realized as he downloaded the data, he wasn't the same person he had been when he arrived on Tempay, carrying years of feelings, hurts, dissapoinments, hate... Although, he figured that that old person wasn't gone forever and he didn't look forward to its reapearance. Maybe he would get lucky and wouldn't ever have to face himself. Somehow Jasyn doubted that that would be the case.

=/\=

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Jesus is the way...

Nom stopped running just as the Jedi enclave came into view. He slowed to a steady pace to allow his padawan time to catch up. He was pleasently surprised to find Bron in front of him in only a few short moments. They walked back to the enclave together at an easy pace, enjoying that brief moment of leisure.

As the two Jedi reached the enclave, Nom immidiatly took off towards his ship while telling Bron to stay put. He reached his vessel in moments and headed on board. The thing looked as if it were about to fall apart at any time; a true reflection of Nom's mechanical skills.

He skimmed his ship with his eyes and found what he was looking for. Brushing a view changes of clothes out of the way, the Jedi Knight grabbed to two vibroblades, both looking too worn to be effective.

He quickly left his ship and ran back towards his padawan, hoping he didn't keep him waiting too long. He tossed one of the two vibroblades at Bron so that the handle was flying towards the man's chest.

"Now the fun begins. Attack me."

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

*The force showed the jedi master things of the future, and things of the past. It gave him insight and a new knowledge of the force. Through Kirlocca's 3 hours of meditating...the force showed the wookiee something beyond what most jedi masters see.*

Star's shine bright...a Planet stands still....The universe waits...A jedi master takes his place...All becomes clear...

*Kirlocca opens his eyes...and the jedi master slowly stands up. BUt something changed in the way he stood. Somehow the jedi wookiee warrior all found a way to merge into one smooth person...one living being...a lone figure in the force.*

((Oh man my last post didn't appear! Sorry for making you wait so long, Lionchilde))

Darsha gave a beatific smile, as she saw the look creep out on Silla's face that denoted that she'd just said something she didn't ought to have said.

" 'sall right, I myself used to have pretty strong views on Jedi too, till I became one. Weird, huh? Anyway, they are pretty dangerous things to have in a collection. Do you know anytrhing about the seven forms lightsaber combat?"

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

What her Padawan was doing, Armiena had no idea, but the offer of training was still outstanding. Until Nadroj left her ship, the Jedi KNight would be meditating on the desert floor, head hunched down to protect her face from the occasional sand-laden breeze.

Armiena went deep into meditation, completely lost in the currents of the Force. The only sign that she was even alive was the gradual rise of her chest as she breathed.

Armiena.

Dad?

There's no time. Ilum has been invaded, and the crystal caverns are in danger. I need to leave now, or risk... you wouldn't understand.

I still need you to help guide--

You never needed me; but you wanted some advice to help center yourself. Nevertheless, listen closely: this will be the last advice I will be here to give you.

Don't leave--

Your mother is returning from the Outer Rim. She is looking for you; find Misal--she will be able to teach you her Sight. Her father's "speech," if it could be described as something as concrete as speech, came urgently, as though her father's time was quickly dwindling.

Remember the account number I told you the last time you were on Ilum. The account on Coruscant contains credits, enough to fund a small war, equipment, contacts, information... Your armor is also waiting for you there.

Armiena instantly knew what he was "speaking" of. Thousands of years ago, one of Armiena's ancestors had designed a unique suit of armor. Since then, it had become tradition for a Draygo to be presented with a customized suit of the House Draygo armor. The basic design had changed little over the years--a testimony to Lachelle Draygo's legendary engineering skills--but it had been repeatedly upgraded to keep pace with modern technology.

She had no idea that her father had ordered that a suit be prepared for her use.

Dark times are descending upon the galaxy. Dearest daughter, show the galaxy the true face of honor. Show them what it means to be a Draygo, what it means to fight. Shine like a nova.

Despite her meditation, Armiena was now crying openly through lidded eyes. For the second time in her life, her father was leaving her... and this time, it would be permanent.

As your father, I couldn't be more proud. A Jedi Knight, an intelligent, capable young woman... For a second, Armiena could have sworn she felt his hand caress her cheek. I will always love you. Farewell, and the Force will be with you.

Without another word, the Jedi Knight felt her father's presence slip away.

drayyy.png

OOC: I hope no one minds too much if I post in elapsed time. It appears I've missed some things since my last post...

---

Silently he walked, his footsteps leaving slight depressions in the loose ground underneath of him...the whipping winds causing him to draw his cloak closer around him.

The sun is high yet the desert is cold...strange.

His thoughts were wrapped around him tighter then the fabric of his cloak, something was different. He felt fractured, like he was being drawn somewhere else...someplace far from here; his bones warming to an ache as if something ominous was about to happen. It was an empty feeling, one that matched the hallowed ruins in which he walked through...this whole place was unsettling. He followed the path of the strongest Force signatures, his presence felt by the others as he arrived in time to catch a transmission from a fellow Jedi.

It's unmistakable...the Jedi in question is Daz-Ex. What mess has he gotten himself into this time...or should I say what mess do I have to get him out of this time?

In reality he wouldn't be bailing him out, moreso he would be pointing him on a path to find his own escape...his apprentice was young but he was resourceful. With a nod to his superiors, the Jedi Knight turned on his heel and headed back towards his ship, his hazel eyes catching the confused expression on Jurha's face for his sudden turn around. The subtle aching in his bones had turned into a glass shattering cry of agony in the pit of his stomach and it clearly showed in his face.

"My apprentice has found himself in a bit of a situation, well if you could call killing Whyl the Hutt a mere situation. Currents in the Force have shifted, the Jedi could pay a heavy price for the crimelord's death. I'm leaving for Nar Shaddaa, you can join me if you like, but if not I'll return to you shortly."

As he boarded his ship he turned around to give Jurha one last look.

"Don't worry, I fly deep into enemy territory all the time, what's the worst that could happen," he said with a wink.

With a roar the E-Wing's engines leapt to live and pouring full power into his sub-lights, the small fighter rocketed away into the upper atmosphere. As he broke into the lower reaches of space he set the course on his NavComp, programming the ship to make several small jumps before reaching his final destination as to keep the Jedi base hidden. With the pull of a lever the Renegade Night winked out of existence. Destination: Nar Shaddaa.

unnamed.jpg

s.png s.png

Strangely, Armiena felt little grief at her father's departure from this plane of existance, only a horrible emptiness in her soul. She felt as though she had been physically severed from something.

Force Bond... She eventually realized the cause of the sensation. She had always been very close to her father, so there was little doubt that a bond could have formed between them... and perhaps it was possible that such a bond would even endure in the light of his death. But now, as he had left the galaxy to whatever lay beyond death, the bond had finally been severed.

The feeling will fade with time. All you can do is try to stay focused.

Armiena rose from her meditative stance, paused to wipe red-rimmed eyes, and headed for the nearby ruins. She eventually found Master Ara.

"Ara, is there anything that needs to be done?"

drayyy.png

*Bron reached out, attempting to pluck the sword from the air, but missed. The blade stuck into the ground, where he took it into his hand. He held it up and swung it at Nom, Its blade falling a good foot short and dragging him around with it, leaving his back completely open to attack. He quickly scrambled foreward, tripped over his blade and faceplanted. He quckly came to his feet and lifted his sword into an en' guard position he had seen on several holoflicks.*

There is no emotion; There is peace.

There is no ignorance; There is knowledge.

There is no passion; There is serenity.

There is no death; There is the Force.

Everything the Jedi live and strive for is included herein.

"Somewhat. I have a feeling the situation on Ilum is going to escalate to massive proportions." Ara frowned. "We'll need to be ready to battle, but we need to know what's going on there."

"Even if you could just research what's going on there, even without going there, that would help. Battle plans." She smirked. "Ironically, the Jedi may have to go to battle."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Without pause or warning a comm arrives for the Jedi from Malin, reporting in after doing his usual rounds of snooping about the Galaxy.

I've heard of a grevious rebel loss over at Ilum. The Imperials have a new super weapon they are using with deadly results. I don't know if the Alliance has enough fire power to match it. I believe there might be a way to defeat it the next time it surfaces in combat...

((Ara, check your PM box))

Malin.jpg

What drew out such power from your machine was truly the drive of your soul... It was your 'Id'. The sign of the purpose you've been seeking... The mark of a natural born assassin!

((No problem, Darsha. ))

Silla smiled a little herself at Darsha's response. If a couple of lightsabers were the only "dangerous" things in her grandfather's collection...

Quickly, she cut off the thought, focusing on the question at hand. "Um...not really..." she said, feeling suddenly as if there had been some huge gap in her education.

silla45lf.jpg

Armiena bowed almost casually before she left the ruins.

Sure... infiltrate a planet that has been invaded and occupied by SEED and the Empire, gather intelligence, find out what's happened to the crystal caverns... and get out undetected. No problem. Armiena had the feeling that she was going to need to be very subtle about this... which was no problem for her.

But she was very concerned about her Padawan. She wasn't sure if Nadroj was capable of looking after himself in a battle. If anything happened to him on her watch, she would be directly responsible. Leaving Nadroj to Geki's tender mercies was a risk she wasn't willing to take, but she knew he wouldn't be happy being left behind.

Somehow, lost in her thoughts and fears, Armiena arrived at the Avenging Angel without knowing it. She took Nadroj into the main cabin to have a few words with him.

"Padawan, I need to go on a short mission for the Jedi. Ilum has been attacked, and Ara wants me to investigate the situation--gather intelligence, I guess. I need to make a quick stop on Coruscant to prepare." Armiena's voice caught in her throat. It was only inevitable that she would have to voice her worries.

drayyy.png

(( You were supposed to say yes and go the internet to find out but nevermind now))

Darsha grinned. "Well, no one really pays attention to them nowadays, anyway." She looked around. "Do you think they have a library here?"

When no answer was forthcoming, she shrugged. "Ah well, then let's go to my ship then. I .. er... managed to ... have a few books coming into my possession recently."

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

Kayla glanced around, hoping she was wrong about her master being gone. But she wasn't, not only was his ship not there, but neither was his force presence. Well, she could practice her lightsaber skills, she decided. But she really didn't want to. She hadn't practiced levitation in a while...

Sighing, she grasped the hilt of her training lightsaber then unclipped it from her belt and threw it the the ground. A small puff of dust rose up around it when it hit the dry dirt. She stared at the shiny cylinder for several minutes, merely thinking. It seemed she did a lot of that recently; just thinking. "I think to much," She said and chuckled.

Now, finally through with her mental debate, she took a deep breath and gained her concentration, breathing in deeply and briefly closing her eyes.

km35qv.jpg

Aero says:

good lick

Aero says:

*LUCK

Aero says:

I MEANT LUCK

Ara looked over Malin's proposal, and her a grin widened to frightening proportions on her face. She pulled out her comm and began making untraceable, yet rather frantic, comms to some of her "agents in the field." She looked at Kenobi with her scary smile.

"Dhan, we just may have the upper hand...for once."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

While R5-D9 dutifully began the Avenging Angel's preflight checklist, Armiena searched for a way to tell Nadroj that she didn't want him following her to Ilum.

Oh, hell, just be blunt and devastating. Dancing around the issue won't help any.

"Nadroj, Ilum is currently occupied by the Imperials. I plan to go to Coruscant first to prepare, but the second we set foot on Ilum, we will be hunted." Armiena finally let the fear she felt become apparent as she looked into her Padawan's eyes. "If we are forced to go directly to Ilum... please, be careful. I don't want to lose you."

As Armiena spoke, the Avenging Angel lifted off of Rafa V's arid surface, throwing sand everywhere.

drayyy.png