System: Rafa System

Orbital Position: 5

Moons: 2

Grid Coordinates: U-11

Physical Information

Class: Terrestrial

Atmosphere: Type 1 Breathable

Primary Terrain: cool desert, tundra

Points of Interest: gigantic ruins, life-orchards (the “fruit” of these crystalline trees extends the lifespan of the individual wearing it, though the harvesting drains a person’s intellect)

Societal Information

Indigenous Species: Sharu

Immigrated Species: humans

Primary Language(s): Galactic Basic

Faction Affiliation: neutral

Defense Rating: level 3

JediRP Canon History: Rafa V has an ancient history. It was the home planet of the Sharu people. The Sharu felt threatened by the Celestials, and used the crystal fruit of the life-orchards to temporarily drain their intelligence. This was reversed around 4 BBY. The Sharu are an ancient and highly advanced people, which drew many scientists to their system to study and learn from them. Though the Sharu did not prevent the scientists from doing their work, neither did they cooperate with what they perceived as "lesser sentients". As a result, little is known on Sharu history and technology. Even Palpatine felt somewhat threatened by their advanced technology, basing a garrison out of the system during the war.

Rafa V was the site of a Jedi Temple. It was never compromised, but lost prominence as a Jedi base when the temple at Haruun Kal was built. Presumably, the temple is still there, although it is no longer being used by the Jedi Order.

((Summary compiled by Amidala Skywalker. Thank you!))

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

Ara landed her ship next to a large ruin pyramid that rose up into the sky. She packed up a few things in her backpack and walked out into the blinding sun. Shielding her gray eyes, she surveyed the structures in front of her.

"Perfect."

She walked inside and began to set everything up, waiting for the others to recieve her comm and meet her.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Hou-Jo's starfigher exited hyperspace above the planet of Rafa V. He performed a very sloppy landing. He gasped as he opened the cockpit to his ship. He didn't get out though, he continued to sit down and rest within his ship. He let his head drop back and he closed his eyes.

Vrean, Following shortly after Master Hou-jo, Set his ship down not far away. He pulled his weapons belts on, but left his cloak. it looked warm enough.

As his feet hit surface of the planet, the rocky surface crunched slightly. he moved about, testing the surface.

He wondered what was holding up Hou-jo, but he was content to mill about until his master saw fit to get out of his ship.

index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=244805

Ara had finished exploring inside the ruins. They were perfect for what she needed--with a few upgrades she'd have to implement, of course, one of which she had already completed in the new "council chambers."

She wandered back outside and saw two ships had landed. Reaching out, she knew one was Hou-Jo, so she ran up to him, intent on welcoming him. However, he looked half-dead when she reached him.

"You all right, Hou-Jo?"

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Scorp looked at the planet below.

"Eh a bit dusty."

He then brought the ship in for a landing. HE noted where some otherships were but he landed his just a bit farther out. THen he swiveled in his seat.

"I think this is where we will be staying."

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Kayla nodded and looked around the planet; she hated desert planets... Oh well.

"I think this is where we will be staying."

"I hope so." Kayla said then glanced over at her master, "Is it time to resume my training yet?" She didn't want to sound too eager...

km35qv.jpg

Aero says:

good lick

Aero says:

*LUCK

Aero says:

I MEANT LUCK

Zane's sleep was more or less restful, his dreams simple and pleasant, his body at peace. Some part of his rest, his dreams bothered him, though; something akin to a voice muttered unintelligibly in the background, details were missing out of his images of himself. The self-image of his eyes in particular were blurred over, and his fingers appeared webbed. As he moved throughout his dreamscape, he saw more and more warped things, the background voice becoming more pronounced, and the events - people being burned alive for instance - were very disturbing.

His characiture of himself turned around, and the blur over his eyes fell from his face, revealing bright white eyes, almost blinding intensity, and he heard his mout move in unison with the background voice.

It said two words in a thunderous, bass voice: "Redeem him."

Zane bolted upright on the cot, and looked around. He was on Kenobi's ship again. Wow...weird dream...He didn't shoot me again did he? He checked himself over for more blaster wounds - noticed he was in Jedi padawan robes, off-white and dark brown, instead of his favorite gambling jacket - and found none. Nice threads, I guess. He got up and went in search of Kenobi.

When he got outside the ship and noticed the very red, very dusty, very non-Ithorian Garden scenery, he said under his breath, "(Now where did we have to run off to? And from what?)" Zane started towards his master, who was standing near two other people he imagined were Jedi.

zane35aw.jpg

Sig courtesy of Kayla Mhin, Ex-Jnetter

"I find your lack of pants disturbing"

you're the only one for me, Zane

Zane, ...you blow my...mind

"At the moment my opinion of the order isn't the greatest. It funny you should ask Since just recently I had this same talk with my padawan. However simply we are just a group of rag tag Force users, who do nothing but try and better ourselves when our job is to better the galaxy. Since we have become so self centered. We have become the target of bored Factions who want to take out the legendary Jedi. If we were able to ally ourselves with a military force. Such as the Jedi of old, who had the Old republic. Anyway if we had a military power we could then re take our role in the galaxy as guardians of peace and Justice in the galaxy. Instead of our current situation. We move from planet to planet in the fear of being wiped out. However if we did have military aid then we could rely on them for support and we could show that we aren't some faction that is easy to destroy.

Plus if we start to slove the problems of the military Faction then we would gain more respect then what we have now. The only true respect we have comes from the Jedi of long ago. We seemed to be merly a shadow of what the Jedi should truly be. Sure we uphold the ideals. But we don't really do much of anything.

Naturally there are a few Jedi who seem to forge their own path but what we are missing is unity. If we didn't move around so much we would be able to become a close knit order. However we are always in such disarry due to constant running that I bet there are members of the Jedi order that I have never seen or Jedi who left the order that I never knew.

It does seem like a few Jedi are indeed running things. However the knights don't really do much of anything but assemble for mass battles and die. Or move on with their life.

As for the council it seems like a very workable set up however I see very few results. Since this new council has been formed nothing has really changed. Yet it has only been a short while. I expect in time things might change. So far the best thing to come out of it is that it spread power. While Jedi do not crave power the fact that more people are wielding shows that something good has to be happening.

Then again I might just be glorfying the past too much. Perhaps they had they same problems we had."

Scorp kind of smiled he felt he had talked a bit too much.

"So do you have a opinion of the order?"

((edited for grammer mistakes.))

Edited by Guest

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

As Zane approached, Kenobi took the guy Jedi aside and started to talk, excluding the young female Jedi. He figured they had "grown up talk" to deal with so he left Kenobi alone for the moment.

The tall, thin blonde seemed somewhat off-put by being left behind. "Isn't it great, that feeling of being included?" he said sarcastically, smirking. "Name's Zane Arclyte, the trainee of Master Dhan-Jaroe Kenobi." He extended a hand in greeting.

zane35aw.jpg

Kayla was slightly distracted watching her master and didn't hear the other padawan approach. "Hmmm?" She turned, realizing someone was talking to her. "Oh, yeah, it is somewhat."

Accepting his proffered hand, she shook it. "I'm Kayla Mhin," She motioned towards Scorp with her head, "Scorp Ession's padawan."

Glancing back at her master and Dhan-Jaroe she added, "Have you ever wondered what good we do as Jedi?" Her tone was quiet and serious, she had asked herself the same questions several times since leaving Tempay.

km35qv.jpg

Aero says:

good lick

Aero says:

*LUCK

Aero says:

I MEANT LUCK

Zane had to think of the answer as he went along. He had heard great legends and such, but stories are just that. Some of the time he spent in hyperspace while following Dhan-Jaroe around was spent on reading Jedi teachings. "Well," he started, "as I understand, we're supposed to be helping push back the corruption and such that the galaxy has found itself under the thumb of. We get abilities limited only by faith and imagination, and in turn we spend lifetimes to defend and heal others.

"From what I've seen and heard, though, there's been too much in-fighting, too much politics, too many high emotions among the ranks to really get stuff done, to really help anyone else but ourselves, and we even aren't doing that right. Maybe if we got off our high-horses about being Jedi, didn't worry so much about chain of command and station, and got down to business we'd make the galaxy a better place a little bit at a time.

"I dunno, I'm not about to give up hope just 'cause everything isn't fantastic. I like a little bit of challenge to my life, I get lazy otherwise. And I know that somewhere along the line, the order will get their act together again, and you and I actually get to get trained instead of being dragged across eight star systems on a whim.

"Why, crisis of faith or somethin'?"

zane35aw.jpg

"Yeah, my astral body was seperated from my physical body for too long. I've become weakened by abusing it. I'm better now, though." He got out of his ship and noticed that Ara's comm was turned on, she probably forgot to turn it off. "Who sent you a message?"

"Huh?" Ara looked at her waist, then blushed and switched off the comm.

"This guy named Tzeentch sent me a comm...he offered us refuge on Maltauros, if we couldn't find another place." She gave a lopsided grin. "Lucky for us, I had a mental breakdown on the way here and found this lovely little planet."

She took in a deep breath. "Either way, this place will give us refuge until we can successfully fix our image and perhaps even move back to Coruscant to help the Republic more...like in days of old, I guess."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

"Actually, relocating the Jedi's base of operations back to Coruscant has been a goal of mine for sometime now. In order to do that, though, I believe we need to have a knowledge of where all the Jedi are at any one time. I suggest we place trackers in each Jedi, that way we can find them if they either go renegade, get lost, et cetera. What do you think?"

Dhan-Jaroe frowned at Scorp, this was a knight of the order, who should've known better.

"Patience is a virtue, it is a tool of the Jedi. Since you seem to be devoid of patience, you must not be worthy of a Jedi Knight. We have been trying, more now than ever, to fix things. You can't expect a reform to go straight to work in a matter of days. Military strength doesn't grow in a day either; we are branded as terrorists in the Republic right now. We moved because after a political revolution, we are in no place to fight a major war. You complain about knights getting killed, and than critisize us for fleeing Tempay. You whine about not getting things done, than I will get things done. Unless the High Council over rules me, you LOSE your rank of Jedi Knight. My opinion is to wait more than a week before judging a new system as a failure. Good day Ession."

Dhan-Jaroe approached Ara.

"My work is not done yet, if you'll have me back."

Isolder burst free from hyperspace. He piloted his X-wing down towards the surface. As he descended, he was more than a little disappointed at what he saw.

This place is a wasteland. I think it's actually worse than Acrid.

But he supposed they should be grateful they even had a place to stay. Isolder exited the ship, and found his Jedi companions.

moon3.jpg

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good. Nightmare to you!"

Ara smiled at Dhan-Jaroe.

"Gladly, my friend, gladly."

She looked back at Hou-Jo. "I don't know if trackers are a good idea. Bounty hunters might use them to trace us back here, and I think future and current Jedi might think it a sort of invasion of privacy. I know that it would bother me." Ara frowned. "That said...if they did go renegade, they could just rip it off, or use it to lure us in a trap."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Ara raised an eyebrow at Dhan-Jaroe.

"Lie or withhold information from the others? That...that doesn't sound like a good idea to me. If they found out, which they probably would, the backlash would be something awful."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Vrean managed to wander back inside to hear his master's proposal of tracking each Jedi, surely he was jesting such a proposal was incomprehensible and, no matter how it was looked upon, violated each member of the order's buisness.

"Hey, uh, master? If I may interject; such a thing would be more of a danger, provided that someone who could access the system turned, every Jedi in the galaxy would be compromised. The best way to assure against them turning is proper training and giving everyone a voice in the order. If they turn, and we persue them, what would we do with them? Kill them, for turning? Turn them back? If they turned, they had a reason, to them, a good one. They think what they did was right. Given proper training, they will know better, and eliminate that need for tracking devices. As for knowing the location, What is wrong with having them check in once in a while?"

He turned his head and shrugged, then faced away.

"I'm just a lowly apprentice, but that does not change the problem, or what it is going to take to fix it..."

"I had known, but figured that others knew as well." Ara smirked. "I guess I was wrong." She paced. "Either way, I still don't like the idea of tracking people. Maybe the ships, yes, for ownership purposes, but other than that, not on their person or anything."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

Nom's ship exited hyperspace and he was immidiatly relieved to see no asteriods trying to block his passage. Landing his ship was much easier this time.

Nom exited his vessel rather quickly, it was starting to smell. He would have to fix that whenever the Jedi gained a stable base.

The Jedi Knight only walked a couple meters away from his ship. His padawan should be arriving any time.

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

Bron set his ship down and exited, approaching Nom.

"Is your ship alright? Looks like it could use some repairs, Ive got a droid that can handle it if you'd like, if youre needing parts, he wont be much help..."

Bron looked over at the gleaming YT-2400. He felt a quick flush of pride. He quickly pushed it out, such things were unimportant.

There is no emotion; There is peace.

There is no ignorance; There is knowledge.

There is no passion; There is serenity.

There is no death; There is the Force.

Everything the Jedi live and strive for is included herein.

Vrean faced his master again.

"She is an upstanding member of the order, probably one of the most loyal. The fact that she hid her membership is trivial. She was otherwise occupied in the Rebellon and neednt be a greater target than she already was. The sith don't know about her; She could be a great asset to us, because of the choices she has made. We are in sore need of advantages, as far as I can tell."

Vrean hoped he wasnt out of line, spouting off his opinion to superiors, but he felt it needed to be said.