Vjun

BLCKCLONE

Piro landed The Black Hawk II not far from Kakuto and Nurgle and got out. Piro noticed his former maser but did not speak. He pulled the bag containing Valoran's head out and jumped out of his ship. Piro waited near Kakuto with the bagged head in his right hand. He would wait until Kakuto and Nurgle's conversation was over.

Nurgle could tell Kakuto enjoyed the strength the Hammer gave him. As long as he remained loyal the Sith that power would remain with Kakuto.

"Have you already made your move for leadership? I haven't had contact with the Sith recently, but I was aware that Lord Ar-Pharazon was still around."

As Nurgle spoke, he noticed the arrival of his former apprentice. They hadn't had any interaction since Piro had become a Sith Lord. He didn't expect Piro was here to see Nurgle.

dartdominusgi2.jpg

"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking."

-Darth Rivan

*Kakuto noted the arrival of Piro as he addressed Nurgle's questions.*

"Indeed. I have gained control of the Sith, and I am planning movements to reorganize them. I'm thinking we need to, as always, unite against the common foe. A good rabble of Sith who find themselves slaughtering Jedi will frequently refind loyalty to the Dark Side. As for Ar-Pharazon, I can feel that he still exists, though his actions leave little resonance with the force. I suspect he might try to retake the throne from me, but I don't find it extremely probable- not yet anyway."

*Kakuto pointed to the waiting Piro.*

"My time is valuable, boy. I can't have people waiting in a line to speak with me. What is your desire?"

krstorm.gif.a46e550419daa19d41d206a1706d1044.gif

*Kakuto's hand goes up as his comm flies from his pocket, landing firmly between his fingeres, the force telling him before hand that he was about to recieve a comm. His sadistic smile spread slowly as the voice of the Apprentice came from the Comm.*

"COME MY MINIONS, TO CORUSCANT, TO ENGAGE IN GLORIOUS BATTLE!"

*Kakuto slung the hammer over his back and turned to run for his ship. He wouldn't waste any time he could be killing. The Dark Lord ran like hell, leaping out of a window to reach the ship he had parked on the roof. Kakuto leapt into his vehicle and took off, heading toward the battle he had lusted so long to join...*

krstorm.gif.a46e550419daa19d41d206a1706d1044.gif

Nurgle watched Kakuto go. His Champion would find success on Coruscant. Nurgle motioned for Hephaestus to follow him. The time to build their army had arrived. He stopped by Piro as he left the castle.

"I can tell my brother Khorne has been training you well. I'm sorry we don't have time to catch up my old apprentice. But I have business to attend to. I wish you luck."

Nurgle and the droid returned to the river where they'd unleashed the virus. Nurgle could already feel the changes beginning in the town below. He withdrew his Scythe, dipping it into the water. It would need to be helped along some. The water turned black as Nurgle's darkness spread. It moved quickly engulfing the liquid, and then the town below. The air was thick with humidity. It was the first time Hephaestus could actually feel how hot this planet was.

"Let's meet the beginning of your new army."

Nurgle and Hephaestus walked down the hill side. The ground and river flowing through the town were still pitch black. Nurgle's General watched as the townspeople emerged from their homes to stand perfectly still in the oppressive night air. Over the night while they slept, they'd changed a great deal. Nurgle's magic had instilled several new elements to their physiology: They had grown stronger, lost all their hair, their eyes shined in the darkness with night vision, their organs had all but dissipated only the brain and a bone encased heart remained. Nurgle and Hephaestus walked to the first one. At this range, Hephaestus could see that each appeared similar to the droid after Nurgle had improved him. Nurgle spoke to Hephaestus,

"They do not move because the changes are still working themselves through. They are independently intelligent, able to learn and carry out any battle plan. But they will have no memories of their lives before and will be completely loyal by dawn. Do not feel too sorry for them, the people of this planet were driven mad by disease long before we arrived. We are giving them the chance to be productive again. I am the only one that has been able to cure that maddening virus after hundreds of years of attempts."

Nurgle circled the first soldier as he continued,

"Most of their internal functions are gone. Like you, they require no food, air, or water. As a result, they are very difficult to kill short of decapitation. Otherwise, like you, they regenerative. Believe me, they will be relentless. Unfortunetaly, they will still need to be armed. We'll take care of that once our work has spread over the planet."

Sensing something, Nurgle pointed to the ridge at the other end of the town. The droid's vision could detect movement, as a fleshless hand burst free of the ground. Nurgle's dark power had animated town's deceased denizens. Most wore full armor, and carried weapons. Nurgle explained,

"This is the second element to your army. There were great battles all across this planet, as I'm sure you recall. The insane nobles turned their armies loose on each other. These battlefields are full of already trained and armed soldiers."

Thunder and lightning crackled overhead, signaling an approaching storm.

"This is the beginning of your full force. General Hephaestus you will command the living and the dead."

dartdominusgi2.jpg

"Darkness is a friend, an ally. Darkness allows us to understand others, to see what they value when they believe no one else is looking."

-Darth Rivan

Haphaestus surveyed the army rising around him. "I am impressed, Master." Each being would be extremely loyal, powerful, unstoppable, nigh indestructable, and holding extreme efficiency.

It would be the perfect army for the droid to lead, one that was as fearless as he was himself, and one that could triumph over any opponent.

HOWEsON.png

Dawn approached, and the soldiers were ready to begin their training.

"As the virus spreads, more soldiers will come to this location. Your first task is to have them rebuild our ruined castle into a testament of my power."

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

Haphaestus inspected the units a little more closely now that they were ready for molding. They had no previous memories, so he would have to start from scratch. He was up to the task however, determined not to fail his Master's task.

The droid would enjoy it, in fact. This was his chance to make the perfect army, and the perfect army as he saw fit, under his interpretation of the term. No one else would do something to stop him from making them perfect.

Time estimation for completion of castle: two standard weeks, including training and construction. Estimated time of complete military training of army: six additional weeks. ((Not real time)). "Estimated time of the completion of your castle, Master: approximately two standard weeks," Haphaetus reported. "Unless, of course, you require a lesser time?"

He would instruct the army as a group on how to build, including general construction and architechture, though welding and the production of sheet metal was unnecessary, as the castle was made of thick and dense stone.

HOWEsON.png

Nurgle shook his head,

"Two weeks will be plenty. But I'm afraid I will have to take over their training for a time. You will need to go to Maltauros, to request some of my brother Tzeentch's specialized armor. Even with my powers, my General will need additional protection."

As they'd worked over the past few days several more former Vjun citizens had arrived. So while Nurgle told Hephaestus this news, he thought nothing of the group coming over the ridge, until they began to fire blasters at himself and Hephaestus. Nurgle whirled an invisible shield blocking all the shots before they reached him. Any shot hitting Hephaestus was merely absorbed by his elastic skin. With a wave of his hand, the men all crumpled to the ground in pain.

How could anyone resist my virus?

Hephaestus was clearly ready to finish them off, when Nurgle raised his hand to signal him to stop.

"Wait a moment. They may be useful to us. I had forgotten their were others besides the natives that lived here. Offworld merchants, outlaws and mercenaries also make this planet their home. Mostly because people fear the dark energy here. You see, our little infection worked off of the original plague that had driven these people insane. These men never contracted that plague."

Nurgle walked forward observing the groaning humans. They had very advanced weaponry, and were already trained.

"They will be the second unit of our army. Their weaponry is much more advanced than the deceased warriors we were originally using. Combining these men with the infected natives will create a much more powerful army."

Nurgle motioned for Hephaestus to leave.

"Go to Maltauros. By the time you return, they will have given their will to me."

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

Haphaestus nodded, "Yes, Master. What you say will be done." He then turned and headed for his Master's ship, a tiny My'til fighter called the Armeggedon Plague. He assumed that this ship had a hyperdrive, but could hardly imagine anything this small having one.

Luckily, the controls of the craft were similar to the controls of similar ships four thousand years ago, so he knew how to fly the starfighter. He did have a little trouble fitting his frame into the cockpit, but he managed to do so and soon lifted the craft off the ground.

Estimated time of arrival for Malaturos: 2 hours, 16 minutes, thirty two seconds and counting. The droid turned the ship towards space and, soon finding the hyperdrive levers, entered the blue and black patched tunnel of hyperspace.

HOWEsON.png

• 2 weeks later...

Nurgle watched Hephaestus take off in his ship before turning back to the men gathered. They had advanced weaponry, and though Nurgle's power had held them back, they still had their weapons leveled. Nurgle released his influence, and the merchant mercenaries returned from their trance.

"I don't know what you're doing to these villagers freak, but your dead."

The largest of them, seemingly the leader, spoke these empty threats to Nurgle. The men feared whatever plague was taking the natives. This kept them from charging him. But Nurgle did not have much patience for this stalemate. A quick demonstration would make them see the light. The Sith Master stretched out his hand. A powerful stream of lightning stretched out, and through the merchant leader's body. He screamed as the brilliant flash tore him in half. This had not been simple dark side energy, the power of the planet, and Nurgle's special gifts had made the stream a true bolt of lightning.

"Look into your hearts. You are all confused and frightened I know. You are angry that you may die on this backwater world so far from any place that matters. Let me tell you this place does matter. This is where a new galactic order will begin forming. Become part of this, and you will neither end up like the cursed natives, nor your deceased comrade. You will be rewarded with power beyond your imaginations. Just give yourselves over to me."

Nurgle smiled as he felt them begin to surrender their souls.

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

A tiny My'til fighter erupts from hyperspace and heads down to the planet below...towards a very familiar castle and a very familiar life form. Haphaestus, the droid-turned-cybord General encased inside, efficiently and with skill piloted the ship down to touch down lightly on the surface of Vjun.

He then pulls himself out of the too-small cockpit, almost releaved that he had not achieved the purpose of his departure and was still unarmored--that would have made things even more difficult to manage with the cockpit. As much as he desired to be invincible, encased in phrik, he would rather be able to fly the starfighter.

The droid approaches his Master, the great Sith Lord Nurgle, and reports. "The Lord Tzeentch has said that he will send the armor when it is ready 'in exchange for a favor'," the droid stated. Nurgle will not likely be pleased, but there is nothing even he can do about it. Chances of him showing his anger: 36%, if my Sith behavioral systems are in tact.

Not that it mattered. Haphaestus would savor his cruel and heartless combat programming for the battlefield. Until then, his more polite protocol programming would remain dominant.

HOWEsON.png

Most of Nurgle's new force of elite guard were shipping in all their stock of weapons. Being merchants, they had a free supply of everything an army would need. The creatures created from the native people of Vjun were still reconstructing Nurgle's castle into a fortress. They began mounting laser cannons from the merchants and reinforcing the stone with durasteel. Nurgle had been inside the castle when he was notified of Hephaestus's return. He walked to meet the droid.

Nurgle was immediately alarmed by the sight of no armor. He listened to Hephaestus's words, his eyes narrowing.

Why would he not just surrendar the armor to us? Did I request a task from him every time he's asked me to something?

Admittedly Tzeentch had done far more for Nurgle though. That realization lessened his anger some.

"Did he mention what that favor should be?"

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

"Not in my memory, sir. If you wish, I could play back his specific words," Haphaestus answered. Lord Nurgle did slightly show his anger. Adjusting Sith behavior protocols by required three point two percent...done.

The droid stood there, the true potential power of these beings he served surfacing in his droid mind. He had heard both be referred to as "gods", supposedly mysterious entities that held unlimited power at their disposal. They had also been called the gods of a certain area, and he assumed that that was the area they held power over.

An odd sensation came over him, specifically his biological features. I desire power, and these men may be able to make me the single most powerful being in the history of the galaxy.

HOWEsON.png

Nurgle looked puzzled. How was he supposed to fulfill the favor if he didn't even know what it was? He supposed it didn't matter. Tzeentch would fill him in when he was ready.

"We'll worry about it later."

Nurgle guided his General to the activities of his troops. The living dead, and the armored mercenaries were spread out to their various tasks.

"I have given you an army, and increased your power to new heights. Is there anything else you will need?"

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

Haphaestus nodded in satisfaction. "I will lead this army well, my lord," he said without emotion, as one accepting a commission or orders.

"I require nothing else," he said. He then proceeded to inspect his troops. They were dangerous, but they would accept orders without question, as obeying as other droids and as powerful as Imperial Sith troopers. They were armed and dangerous.

They would not fall easily, and they were of enough numerically to be a great asset to Nurgle and Haphaestus himself. He would lead them, and they would follow. Together, they would be unstoppable.

Chance of this force beating a mediocre force of equal size under my command: 87%. Sufficient, though not perfect. I can bring this percentage to 100%. I must try. The half-droid general searched his memory banks for leadership techniques. It would be his orders that made the difference, not their skill.

OOC: Check your PMs.

HOWEsON.png

Perhaps Hephaestus didn't think he required anything else, but Nurgle was still thinking of ways to make his General stronger. He had a bold idea. Since Nurgle's flesh was intertwined with Hephaestus's circuitry, there was no doubt the droid had command over the Force. However, awakening Hephaestus to that ability would be extremely difficult, not to mention giving him full training. And then there was the question of whether it was possible at all. Hephaestus didn't have the Force flowing through his whole body, only part of it. Was it possible to train someone who had midichlorians only flowing through part of them? He didn't know.

Well, it would be interesting to find out.

Without warning, Nurgle unclipped one of his lightsabers, and through it to Hephaestus.

"I want to test something. Engage me with that lightsaber now."

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

Haphaestus caught the lightsaber in a firm grip. He stared hard at it, scanning its systems and analyzing its abilities. He had been in close contact with such weapons for as long as he could remember, but never had he attempted to wield one.

The general had never seen a being that was not trained in the ways of the Force wield one, and it had become a sort of symbol of status. The droid experimentally activated the blade, watching the red blade glow in a color as dark as blood. Hilt weight: 40 ounces. Blade weight: zero. The blade is of pure energy and is therefore weightless. This should not reduce my efficiency, only increase it.

Raising the lightsaber in an aggressive melee weapon stance, Haphaestus obediantly attacked his Master, who defended himself with his own blade. The droid attacked with efficiency and skill, first high, then low and to the right. As he did so, he found something strange happening.

An unknown power source of an unknown origin is moving through my biological parts. Shutting down... No! The droid would not shut down. Something was happening, and he would not challenge it. He stopped his attack and backed off a few steps. "Report: Master, an unknown power is influencing my movements. It does not seem to be harming my efficiency, so I will not fight it." He paused and considered. "Inquiry: is this why you had me wield this weapon?"

HOWEsON.png

Nurgle was pleased with Hephaestus's reaction to this discovery. He had been concerned about how a droid would react to a newfound connection to the Force.

"Yes it is. I should have foreseen that giving you a part of my body would leave you with Force ability. This is an unexpected advantage. I offer to train you as a Sith Lord. With droid reflexes and a command of the Force, you would be even more unstoppable."

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

"Decision: I heartily accept, Master," Haphaestus agreed. "It is my intent to gain as much power as is possible in order to serve you with the most efficiency available to me."

Number of times a droid has become a Sith Lord: zero. It seems that I'm making history. Databank file--the Force: Section 3A, paragraph 5, line 10: "It is impossible for a droid to wield the Force." Deleting entry. Haphaestus had no use for lies in his information banks.

"Inquiry: when do we begin, Master, and what does becoming a Sith Lord entail?" he asked with curiosity dominant in his vocabulator-generated voice.

HOWEsON.png

That was an interesting question. Nurgle had trained two other apprentices successfully, so it wasn't like this was new territory. But in those cases, each were human, and designed to use the Force. Hephaestus did not. These powers were given to him, a droid wasn't meant to be a Force-user. It was an unusual situation. In some ways, Hephaestus was more advanced. Physically and mentally he was as strong as any Sith Lord. The most difficult part would be getting him to feel with the Force. If Hephaestus couldn't learn to feel, he could never control his power. The droid needed to use the emotions Nurgle had accidentally given him. Hephaestus had made it clear he felt these emotions would be a disadvantage, and Nurgle could sense the droid's repression of every feeling that cropped up. It would be a fierce challenge. But perhaps with the help of Vjun's darkside power, it could be done.

"A great deal will be required of you to become a Sith Lord. But you will find out what you need to do as we progress. For now, just know that a Sith Lord is a being that uses emotion to unleash awesome power. You are a being that had no emotion, and the emotion I've given you is something you repress because you feel it is a weakness. And because you are unable to understand your emotions. That's understandable, you aren't used to them. But you will have to evolve beyond yourself, and learn to feel. The membranes that are inside your brain circuitry give you the potential to feel emotion, but you have to make it a reality."

Nurgle and Hephaestus walked away from the construction area. They walked alone following the stream where they had unleashed their virus. The Master and the Apprentice entered a deep wooded valley. The sounds of the gathering army had long since faded. The darkness was profound here. The trees were thick and it was still night, though the time said dawn should have come long ago. Nurgle had twisted the planet. Light would never penetrate Vjun's surface again. All the animals and plant life now fed off the darkside energy the planet emitted. Pushing all that from his mind, Nurgle stood a few feet away from the droid, his saber humming to life.

"Though we will be battling with sabers to begin, know that saber technique is not the point of this exercise. In fact, we will not focus on combat at all, it is not important for you. You already know the ins and outs of fighting, and I don't expect wielding a saber to be challenge for a droid like you. However, if you want to wield it with the skill of a Force-user, you will have to listen to me. We will start with a saber battle, but once again, remember that your true power will summoning the proper emotions to get in touch with the Force."

Nurgle breathed deeply. The rush of power from inside himself, and from the planet was much easier to command now. The Sith Master smiled. Even after the long period on Vjun, he was still continually delighted by the complete lack of pain from his scarred lungs.

"Come at me. But be forewarned, even from our last battle only a few weeks ago, my power has nearly tripled. This will not be easy. Just focus on attacking me, don't try to feel for the Force just yet, it will come naturally as we fight."

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

Haphaestus absorbed and recorded all of Nurgle's words as they were said. As much as he detested emotion, he understood that in order to lock in his full potential, he would have to accept it for what it was, at base value.

"Valid assurance: Master, I am willing to do anything you say," the general said aloud. "I will not go easy on you, though, so be prepared to defend yourself for your life."

The half-droid then attacked, his own lightsaber erupting to life and moving as he guided it. It was like an extension of his own invisibly-metallic arm, gripped firmly in his rubbery-skinned hand. He guided the lightsaber to strike three times in rapid succession, each at a different target area, each specifically placed to be hard to block.

Still, his Master parried each blow with ease. Lord Nurgle was correct. Approximate increase in ability: 204% above past power, judged solely on first impression. My own increase in ability since: 132%. Insufficient. Chances of victory: 23%. It didn't matter, though--Haphaestus would try, and the results would be favorable whether in victory or defeat.

HOWEsON.png

Nurgle felt the droid's movements just before they occured. The blows were well placed, as Nurgle had hypothesized the droid was already a master swordsman. But he was still flawed. The planet, the very air around Hephaestus was working against him, slowing him down. It was responding to Nurgle's every emotion. Nurgle did not move anything except his arm as he blocked each blow. The droid wisely tried locking sabers, attempting to use his superior strength. Hephaestus's feet dug into the ground, but Nurgle did not budge an inch. With a single blink of his eyes, Nurgle sent the unseen Force into Hephaestus knocking him onto his back.

"If you wish to serve a higher being such as myself, you must rise, and continue the fight."

Nurgle knew Hephaestus would be obedient. Indeed, the droid calmly began to rise to continue the fight. But as he did so, he found himself pinned to the ground, held their by the Force.

"Think back to when you were alone in that castle. Your programming dictated that you were to protect your masters. But when they turned on each other, you did not know who to protect. The virus infected their minds and your strength was unable to help them. You failed to carry out your mission."

Nurgle could see all of Hephaestus's thoughts. He manipulated the membranes covering the droids brain. The sight of his masters murdering each other was displayed before the droid. Nurgle knew he did not actually care for them. That was not his point.

"Right now you are unable to move despite the fact that I have ordered you to. You are again disobeying your orders. But this time you can do something about it. You have the power. Surely, even an emotionless droid, cannot enjoy feeling helpless. Failing their primary duty, their purpose. To obey. Are you unphased by being weak.?"

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

Haphaestus felt something happening within himself. He was being humiliated, insulted, and called a failure. He would not put up with this. He would not allow his Master to continue. He had too much to lose--then again, what did he have to lose?

It didn't matter. No biological meatbag had the right to insult him. He was superior. He was more than a human could ever hope to be. But still this man had the nerve to insult him as if he were a lesser being. Haphaestus again tried to stand, but could not.

The General then desperately pulled on every last ounce of power that he had at his disposal, including the strange current that was running through his biological parts. Most of all, he called upon the strange emotion that he identified as anger. With a near scream, the no-longer-droid unleashed all of this power, a strangely visible wave of pure energy eminating from his chassis and moving at incredible speed.

Everything caught in the blast was leveled to the ground, including trees, stones, and Nurgle. Haphaestus then leapt to his feet and jumped at his Master, the power he had harnessed through anger carrying him an incredible distance until he stood next to his fallen Master, lightsaber lowered to his throat.

Systems overriding. Shutting down all systems unnecessary to survival. Laws of gravity, physics, friction, force, energy, and mechanics defied using emotion to gain power. Databank entries on Sith reinforced and added to. I now understand. "Anger-affected clarification: Master, I understand the Force," he said. "I understand the Dark Side. I understand the Sith. Promise to teach me other ways to harness this power, or I will break my oath and strike you dead."

Logic circuits defied, but not shut down. Programming violated, but not shut down. In four thousand long years, Haphaestus had never felt better.

HOWEsON.png

Nurgle laughed, his rough voice echoing harshly in the dark valley. Hephaestus was progressing more quickly than he had anticipated. He was even picking up a few human tendencies. Nurgle stood, making no motion to for his weapon, his hands raised. The blast had been devastatingly powerful. Even he had been taken off guard. When he spoke he was still a bit winded.

"Don't be foolish my General. You will be given the teaching you require. One thing you need to learn is to control your emotion. Don't sacrifice your intelligence. The dark side is powerful, and it will control you if you let it."

In an instant, even too fast for Hephaestus's photoreceptors to pick up, Nurgle's saber had returned to his hand, and it clashed with the General's.

"Now you must begin applying what you've just felt. I will move faster than a droid can pick up. Learn to feel the Force, summon the anger you felt before. But control yourself, or you will be cut down."

Nurgle held little back as they began fighting. He had full confidence Hephaestus could call on the anger he felt before. Nurgle attempted to rattle his concentration. He spoke into the droid's mind, a forceful invasion.

Know this my apprentice. I made you, and without me, you cannot exist. Even if you could strike me down, you would lose all the power I've granted you. Your will is bound to me for eternity.

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

Letting his anger fade, Haphaestus accepted Nurgle's words. He would need control, and he would not strike his Master down. He understood that he shared the flesh of the Sith god, and the powers that had been granted to him relied on Nurgle's own power and life.

The general would need to be weary of the emotion of anger. He would need to wield it, a biological emotion, as only a droid could. Only then would he reach his full potential in power--at least as far as the Force could take him.

Even with his caution, he would have to wield anger. He called upon the emotion, fixating himself on his passion and lust for power, then accepting the anger as the Force flooded through his biological skin and other inherited systems. The Force took some concentration, but his droid mind could hold the required concentration for as long as necessary without hindering any of his other functions, unlike the limitations of a biological.

My anger and emotion have unlocked power. I must learn to wield this power, or I will have failed my Master. Haphaestus realized that there were passive traits granted by the power as well, including many enhancements and a sort of precognition. The ability to see the immediate future can be used to counter attacks before they occur.

Using this knowledge, the half-droid parried his Master's attacks with his own lightsaber, moving using precognition combined with the advanced speed of his battle-tested and designed servomotors and strength. He even took a few offensive strikes, finding that the Force could also enhance the power and accuracy of his strikes.

OOC: Because of Haphaestus' droid capabilities, he will learn extremely fast, the way I take it. If you're going to do a formal training, then you'll have to be pretty creative to come up with a month full of exercises...or else we could just not post that frequently...

HOWEsON.png

OOC: I understand. We won't need to do a full month's worth.

IC: Hephaestus was parrying each blow just as Nurgle desired. It was impressive to see how quickly his apprentice was progressing. But the droid's previous insolence was not forgotten. Nurgle needed to give him a demonstration. Concentrating as they fought, Nurgle focused on the droid's mind. It was a forceful invasion, and it shook the droid's concentration. Nurgle knew the droid was not afraid of anything. But now, Nurgle twisted Hephaestus's mind, washing him over with overwhelming fear. The droid was paralyzed, collapsing to his knees in confusion. Nurgle relented his control.

"There is an emotion that has the potential to release far more power than anger. Fear is a more potent weapon. That was the first time you've felt it, so I expect it to be quite overwhelming. Some have the power, as I do, to force people to feel certain emotions. I will show you how to block such efforts. When you have recovered, return to the castle."

Nurgle called his lightsaber from Hephaestus's hand, and left the shaken droid.

dartdominusgi2.jpg

-Darth Rivan

Haphaestus remained on the ground, not visibly moving, but within his mechanical body everything amuck. Databank: Biologicals: Emotions: Fear--Fear is an extent of self-preservation and extreme dislike of being injured or killed. Fear is felt by all until they learn to be completely careless of death or, in some races, look forward to it.

The half-droid searched deeper into his databanks, looking for some key to overcoming fear. It was debilitating, and he would have to find a way to achieve fearlessness. He chose to examine the conduct of the Mandalorians, an apparently fearless warrior race that played a major role in the galaxy during his time. Databank: Biologicals: Races: Mandalorians: Fear--one match found. Mandalorian proverb: "One must feel fear to learn how to conquer it."

The general had felt fear for the first time, and he did not entirely know what had caused it. His systems remained intact, though his combat scanners and other combat functions had threatened to overload and deactivate--apparently linking this self-preserving fear with combat and attempting to end combat and hence protect the droid.

By rerouting the combat systems to be controlled by his auxilliary control system, which was apparently not affected by emotion, Haphaestus could eliminate the debilitation to his systems, though his mind itself would need time to overcome fear. The general and future Sith Lord realized that, once his armor arrived, a large step towards being fearless would be taken--if one did not need self-preservation, being invincible instead, then one had nothing to fear.

The system rerouting allowed Haphaestus to stand and he did so, powerfully treading up the hill. He called on the Force again, trying to be accustomed to it. He found that he could call it without the aid of anger, but it's true power was in the emotion. The old HK-51 felt the Force flowing through him and felt he needed to wield it, but knew that this was not the time.

He approached Lord Nergal, his Master, who was waiting for him. "Synopsis/Resolution: I have recovered from the strange emotion called fear and have determined a process in which I can eliminate its effects on me. Soon I will be fearless."

HOWEsON.png