Nar Shaddaa

BLCKCLONE

Mjan thought back to when he first arrived at Borleias, his nervousness upon first entering the Jedi Temple there, his ecstatically notion at what he could learn and behold from their vast collection of knowledge and wisdom. But as he talked, he kept a close and watchful eye upon young Nia. You could tell alot about a being by their first interactions, how they respond, hesitation, movements of their body language, etc. And that was what Mjan had been paying close attention to this entire conversation, her stature very close to his own when he first came to the Jedi. Though, back then he had just left the only thing he knew in life, a former apprenticed Sorcerer of Tund in search of understanding the lightside of the Force in order to learn to truth of the Unified Force his former Order stood to practice. He chuckled under his breath at the thought.

"Mjan, please. I'm not big on formalities." Mjan spoke in return, trying to calm her uneasiness and nerves with familiarity. "No need to worry about that at the moment. My X-Wing is of the Tandem variant if we are deployed. The former Captain of X-Caliber squadron liked to train his pilots the old fashioned way rather than in a simulator, and with me being a Jedi Knight, Captain Rose felt it would better suit me should I ever take on a Padawan."

Mjan winked, hoping his actions and words would ease the young Nautolan. His gaze shifted briefly to Captain Rose and the others as they began to head out of the hangar before turning his gaze back to both Nia and Beth, whom he hoped had read her datapad by now and would be joining him and Nia as well before he turned to Kel. "It was nice to meet you Kel, and I hope our paths cross again in the future. Unfortunately now I must report in for duty, which means you as well Nia. Commander Beth, I shall see you there?

Mjan awaited each response before he bowed, motioned for Nia to follow, and excused himself. Once upon the lift, Mjan turned to young Nia with a general curiosity. "Tell me a little more about yourself Nia. What are your views upon life and the Force?"

Nia had no idea what a Tandem variant was- her studies had always focused on culture, religion, races and languages. She'd never taken time to study technology or physics or sciences. She supposed it was a gap in her knowledge, one that maybe in time she'd seek to fill. She was quiet for the rest of the conversation, flushing as he corrected her on how to address him. When she was informed that it was time to report, she followed the Jedi Knight dutifully.

"Yes M-Mjan." she had to stop herself from calling him master, and her speech came out akin to a stutter. She wasn't used to speaking basic- her native language was much more suited to the oceans of Glee Ansem, but she found it had been rather difficult to speak it on the surface. And so, she resolved to a heavily accented Basic. 

She was caught off guard by his question, however. Introducing herself and talking about herself she expected, but to give her views of the Force as someone who'd been a Padawan for less than two minutes.

She thought before she spoke. "I believe all life is sacred. Every man, woman and child should have a chance at a life. That includes the Sith. My father taught me that anyone could be redeemed, and I've always been inclined to agree. Everything I've read hints that the Force balances itself. The Dark Side can corrupt a Jedi, so does it not stand to reason that the Light Side can redeem a Sith?"

She hesitated as she remembered what he'd told her of his people, before speaking carefully. "Your presence here is proof of that, is it not?"

nnia.png

Cryptographed communication packages began to disseminated down chains of command from the leadership of the Rebel Alliance. (See the messages you received in discord) Before long, most of every officer in the new rebel alliance had a job to do. 

To Sandy Sarna of the Jedi Order came a silent buzz on her comm unit. Beside her also the same order came to Aidan Darkfire of the Imperial Knights. 

“Jedi Sarna, Squire Darkfire, With the desolation of the Jedi and Imperial fleets. With all shipyards currently booked in the production of war vessels, and the possibility of Sith assault upon the outer reaches of the galaxy a new ship for command of evacuations is needed. The old Jedi training vessel the Eternal Vigilance was lost in operations during the reign of the Grandmaster Trevelian. Coordinates to the vessel’s whereabouts were said to have been left in a cache on the planet of Gala. Please report there as soon as possible.” 

For the Lieutenant Beth Andromina, and Jedi Mjan Sadow Iv-Adas there were different orders. Not received by comm but passed along in a soft spoken briefing where the remnants of X-Caliber and Templar squadrons were seated. 

The on duty officer, having just briefed Rock, Rancor, and Tau squadron some ten minutes before was setting the holodisplay to show a long series of tracing white lines. Which if a pilot were to know the area of near wild space would see as the ventured reaches of the Shiritoku Way. That ore-laden light highway that stretched from Wild space to the Corellian trade spine in the outer rim.

“Welcome pilots, Imperials, Galactic Alliance, and Jedi.” He shot a side glance at the red faced Mjan Sadow. “Despite past differences, it is time that we began the age old stratagem of guerrilla warfare against the Sith Lords and their Empire.” He, being an old imperial from Kuat himself looked quite grieved at that turn of phrase. “Bastards all.” He muttered as he turned back to the holoprojector. “In four hours, at 0200 you and the light corvette Maelstrom will depart for the world of Bakura.” He looked grieved again, as if the words he spoke were painful. “With the prior black operations training of the Templars, I am sure many of you know what is next.” He shrugged and continued. “You will leave your starfighters behind and while in the company of the Maelstrom acquire starfighters enough to outfit you. Your new Identification cards await you, as well as funds enough to purchase supplies and starfighters to pretend to be a mercenary company. This is top level black operations detail. You will then proceed to Bakura, meet up with rebel alliance intelligence, then begin a campaign against Sith aligned shipping in the area.” He looked up. “Understood?” 

For Marshal Mythos a communication came ringing from the chain of command. 

“Marshal, gather a team, we need to evacuate the War College at Anaxes. Gather as many men as you can. The Star Destroyer Montjoie is at your command. Take care of her.” 

For @Vox

“Advance.” 

The eight four man squads slowly moved their way forward, led by an Imperial Knight and followed by a medical team. He held his lit white lightsabre in front of him as he strode down the decrepit halls. He saw the Nudono first and held up his hand  to halt the marines behind him. 

He held the sabre in a ready position as he waved his other hand as a greeting at the strange alien race. He pulled off his red helmet, showing a human face with short cropped blond hair. 

“Hail and well met! Please identify yourselves. Your ship has entered restricted space.” 

Raven_3_Sig.png.fa6e284bec4ff42ba02901e8567b2f87.png

Pretender to the Galactic Throne

Leader of the Rebel Alliance

Sandy could feel a pang of guilt for her presence interrupting what was very much likely to be a very special moment between mother and son. She coughed and hopped down from the stacked cargo crates as Aidan addressed her. She blushed slightly before she snapped her lightsabre off of her belt and held it as she bowed to the Jedi master. 

“Yes, I was hoping to show him the stance I used against Mandalore when I faced her over Chandrilla. Vom Tag, its an overhead stance that you use primarily against those who are using devices to get the high ground. Like those damned mandalorians are very fond of using. Or that Sith on Nal Hutta.” She bowed again, “If I have your leave?” 

The long handled sabre in her hand sprung to life and she fell into the familiar stance that she had been using for nearly half her life. Her blonde hair shining with the silver colour of the blade. She moved her right leg back and gave both of her knees a slight bend. 

“Legs bent, weight almost evenly distributed with a bit more focus on the back leg so that you may spring forward as necessary.” 

She angled the sabre above her head so that her arms were bent as well, her doubled fists held six inches above her scalp, the blade at a high angle. She brought the blade down three times in fast angular cuts that she spun back in transition. “You strike from high to either beat someone down, or should they be bigger than you.” She laughed. “Which most everyone is.” She spun the blade in arcing cuts as she moved forward. Then as she moved backwards in a shuffle, mimicking a counter attack. “While I do not recommend it against blasters, it is a fast stance, and allows very fast cuts if they are above you, and very powerful cuts if they are on even ground with you.” 

She snapped the sabre off and looked back at the two Darkfires. “I know that was super fast but what do you think of it? Useful? If you think so I am happy to instruct.”

Her comm buzzed annoyingly at her waist. And she glanced at its readout. She groaned and quicktyped a message to her apprentice. Before looking back at Aidan. "We still have time before the mission if you wish?" 

Message to Kel

"Meet me in Cargo Bay 12. Mission to go on. thx"

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

@Raven Zinthos

Chaox, the most anxious of the group almost fired upon the newcomers, aimed at the laser stick fellow. Following his inner instinct, Vox without skipping a beat caught his younger brothers hand, quick to intertwine his four digits between his brothers successfully preventing any firing. It would have ended horribly. Chaox looked at the chieftain with disbelief however his face was hidden behind metal and a visor. Vox lowered the weapon and the others followed, showing the newcomers they weren't going to fire. 

The individual stepped forth with his weapon held and helm removed revealing a blond haired human, waving a hand and saying, "Hail and well met! Please identify yourselves. Your ship has entered restricted space."

Vox in response walked up to the man with no concern for the dangers it brought, or the nervousness these men might have if they weren't trained well enough. Either didn't matter. Holstering his rifle, Vox unsheathed his tribal sword and lifted it before stabbing it into the metal floor. He undid two clips on either side of his helmet and twisted it slightly. A hiss of air released as he took it off, revealing a reptilian face in turn. It was clear he was Trandoshan related, his his more masculine appearance, color scheme, technology and the ridges of small spikes along his face told he was quite different.

Vox looked down to the human and received a sense of calm, Divine led him here, his remaining people here. After trial and troubles it seemed Divine wanted Vox to meet these people. So he perceived. 

"Well met," Vox replied in a deep tone that sounded the hull, however it was in his native language as he couldn't speak Common, "I am Vox Stormblood of the Nudono Trandoshan, chieftain of my clan. It seems we have been led here to you and you have received our calling. We were out of fuel, munitions, and options otherwise we would have avoided this territory altogether."

voxpopuli.png.f80f68e125067e4949ab35e17a997bbd.png

Mjan listened attentively to Nia as she spoke, hearing her words and noticing her forcable trouble with the Galactic Basic language. Mjan looked away for a moment as she finished speaking and thought back to his days as a child. As a youngling in the his former Order, he was taught Galactic Basic along side their native tongue of Tsis, to which their Species had derived their identity from when the exiles first laid claim to their former. He remembered his own struggle with it, the garbled sounds his tongue made as he struggled to learn it where his native tongue came so easily. He understood her own plight perhaps even more than she did. Turning back, he smiled.

"Indeed. But the Force is both more simplistic and complex than that in the same notion." Mjan and Nia exited the lift and turned toward their destination, his hands interlocked behind him as he walked, his saber stave now hung across his back and held together by a simple sash. "My own people, the Sorcerers of Tund whom believed in a unified Force often taught that the Force is neither light nor dark, that is the nature of the species wielding it that determines its alignment." Mjan stops briefly, his face showing simple signs of thought as he carefully chose his next words. "But I believe that the Force is both Nature and separate at the same time. It flows through all things, and yet, has a will of it's own, symbioticly speaking. Like a ivy growing upon a tree so to speak. The tree is nature, simply existing as life. But the ivy, although the same, has direction and purpose."

"My Master and I often held similar conversations during my tutelage under her..." Mjan spoke as he began to walk again and turned down the hall toward the briefing room where Captain Rose and the others stood in wait. "Especially what it meant to be a Jedi." He turned his gaze toward her and winked with a subtle chuckle. "I believe being a Jedi is simple to blades of grass in a shallow pond. The pond represents the ripples of chaos and darkness and the blades represent the Jedi who stand firm against the ripples, slowing them and even stopping them as needed while each protecting the others from being overcome by the ripple should it prove to be too powerful. And when the blades eventually wither and die as nature intended, the ones it protected are strong and sturdy to repeat the process just as a Master does for his or her pupil."

Reaching Captain Rose and the others, Mjan nodded his head as the twins opened the door leading inside. "But all the while, the blades of grass also have a separate purpose that stems to all of them and that is protecting the life that hides beneath the water and within the grass." Mjan finished as they stepped inside. Taking their seats, they watched the events unfold, a certain uneased posture taking hold of Mjan's face as they were briefed. He did not like the idea of espionage nor pretending to be something he was not. But Mjan had began to grasp the subtle concept of war and what it took to prevent casualties. He may not have liked it, but he understood the necessity. As the Officer concluded and questioned the group, Mjan simply nodded his head without saying a word, Captain Rose standing and speaking for her crew. "Understood. But be warned, my assumed identity better be cute." Jax and Oden could be heard chuckling under their breath as she spoke.

Kel was happy that Nia had managed to find a master so quickly. However the moment was short lived when Kel and Beth received messages on their communicators. Mjan gave his farewell with the hope that we'd meet again. "Same here, Mjan. May the force be with you all on your mission." After they parted ways, Kel went to Cargo bay 12 as his master instructed.

5V8Toxy.png

After being left alone for some time, he felt the need to move on. In a simple spin he rose from a seated position to standing straight up. Silently, he whispered another mantra to himself- "Light and dark, with everything in between. Though passion I gain focus; though knowledge I gain power; though serenity I gain strength; through harmony I achieve victory. I am one with the Force and the Force is with me."

His cane stood there, still as ever until as he untangled his legs and standing up in one fluid motion. He grabbed the trusty tool and leaned on it. Making his way all the way back to Hangar Bay 12, where his ship had been relocated for outbound ships. 

There he found the trio of droids working on the main engine mount. As if one of them was splicing in a new conduit that came up into a spray nozzle. Frowning at this, he casually dismissed it and made his way to the boarding ramp where he settled back into the ship. Here was a good place as any to see if any fallout was heading his way. 

Making sure to eat a little bit after his exercise in the firing range- he then took a shower, shaved, and then when to sit on the boarding ramp. His bad leg bent up at an angle. Propping up on one elbow he was reading his datapad. The droids were aft making whatever modification they were doing, there weren’t too many ships or people hustling about the bay- just small supply shipments coming and going. Typical people traveling in and out of the bay. Nothing out of the ordinary, but something was telling him to stay there and be patient. Periodically his eyes scanned the bay, looking for whatever the Force was telling him to wait for.

Then there was Kel Koon. Tobias waited until the Kel'Dor noticed him- he had survived the fight on the station, good. Him entering the bay must mean the young Jedi Knight will be following him shortly. Was it her that he was waiting on?

@Flashbandit2475

The officer looked over at the gang of three youths who were currently beating up a young twi’lek woman for whatever credits she possessed. He glanced back at the new imperial recruit then nodded. 

“Alright then friend.”

He pulled his helmet from its attachment and placed it over his close cropped hair. There was a hiss of seals connecting and his voice was amplified by the speakers built into the helmet. 

“Set your blasters to stun and lets engage them from close range. You first gunslinger!” 

((Describe your opponents before you take each one down. Give them a good description. You got this!))

Raphenal.png.96d1c7b8a3eaea41f94e96db627f96d9.png

Lord Commander Raphenel Karlovci Contispex- Imperial Warden

Nia didn't respond to her new Master's insights immediately. Her face's expression betrayed her thoughts as she pondered his meaning. Given time, she could learn a great deal from Mjan. She was thankful she'd met a Jedi who seemed to share her love of philosophy, and one that had taken her up so quickly. She walked behind him, thinking on his beliefs, only pulling herself away from her thoughts to hear the briefing. It was over rather quickly, and she hesitated. It was not the deceit which troubled her, it was only a tool. It was the intended use of said tool that gave her pause. She could lie about who she was, but could she do it to kill, and to teach others to kill?

Still, it would look bad if she openly opposed the first assignment she'd been given, and so she was silent. The chance to voice her concerns would come, hopefully. Still, it gave her a chance to learn up close what other cultures and species had to show. She'd only read about Bakura, as she had most planets that she knew. The only exceptions were Glee Ansem, Felucia, and now Nar Shaddaa. Besides, maybe she could excuse herself from teaching them how to fight, instead teaching them how to care for the wounded and the sick. That was, she helped the war effort while not compromising her beliefs.

Still, she had a sinking feeling that before they left, she'd have to fight. She opened her mouth to speak, but had nothing to say, so she went silent once more. She closed her eyes, clearing her minds as best she could. Worrying this early would do her no good. She'd wait and see what happened.

nnia.png

Briggs smirked as he set his DC-17’s to stun and moved towards them. Once he got within 7ft of the He stopped and crossed his arms, blasters in hand.

”So you guys like picking on people who can’t fight back.” 

The biggest guy turned to him his muscles protruding from a shirt that seemed to be a size too small. His canines showed in an ogre like fashion. 

“Why don’t you just get out of here before I make you”

His voice was deep and rough. He had scars all down his face from some kind of canine creature. 

“Phew! I can smell you from here”

Briggs holding his nose and gagging chuckled a bit. The big guy charged Briggs angrily, Briggs sidestepped and with the hilt of his blaster rendered the brute unconscious. Briggs kicked him making sure he was knocked out. The other two went to draw there blasters, one was tall and slender and the other was short, stocky, kinda dwarf like. Briggs drew both his blasters and aimed at them both. The way he held his blasters were reminiscent of the old arc troopers. The two drew their blasters and the three were locked in a standoff.

”Well then, you two can either drop your guns or we can have a little fun. Choose wisely”

Beth clapped both Nia and the Sithari on the back as the briefing ended. Never in her short life was she so happy to have a Jedi along for the adventure than she was right then. Her imperial brain wished they had one of the special operations Imperial Knights along for the ride, but this jedi would certainly do the job. If perhaps with less fervour than one of those sworn to the imperial crown might have.  Those men in red certainly had a knack for killing Sithies.

Beth took a conspiratorial tone. 

“So what do you think? We gonna all fly old Z-95s? That’d suit the rebellion eh?” 

She looked over towards the viewport into the hanger, where the sleek set of TIE defenders were having their red striping removed to be placed back into routine service. 

“Spast i’m gunna miss that thing.” 

She let out a long sigh as they walked towards the Corvette. 

“Do you guys want to bunk together?”

Andromina

Rebel Alliance Fleet Command - Lieutenant

Dreams were a frivolous thing, never the same and yet similar in most aspects. They were always foggy, faces unknown save for the subconsciousness of one's memory. Yet at times, they were pleasant and peaceful, and at others, horrific and terrifying. But never had one plagued the Marshal's mind such as the one that screamed at him within. Faces of the dead blurred upon his vision, their rotted arms pulling at his form and at his soul, hollowed eyes gazing with emptiness. It was enough for even the most hardened veteran to wake with a screaming bellow.

Mythos shot up in his bed, his form flinching upon the sudden jerk and the sore muscles surrounding the cold steel of his artifice as he struggled from the sheets that covered his form. His fur wet from beaded sweat had began to soak through the sheet and into the mattress beneath him as his gaze met the rising sun, his breathing frantic and grasping. Moving his paw toward the metallic limb, he squeezed its unnatural palm, balling his fist up and relaxing it a few times until the phantom pain left its presence, the dream fading away from present memory.

He rose from his bedding and began to get dressed, the Shistavanen gazing into the mirror plaqued upon his dresser's door as he thought back to the dream, the familiar presence reminiscing of the shadows that had been darting across his vision since his return from Dark Sun Station. Button by button, he remembered each time he thought he saw the ghostly figures, his mind curious as to the what and why. Stepping toward the refresher, Mythos splashed his scarred face, letting the cool liquid Scroll down it as he reached for a towel. He needed to relax and forget the seemingly unforgettable.

When Mythos left his room, he commed ahead to let his departure to Nar Shadaa below, requesting a small transport for his trip. And when he arrived at the hangar, he climbed aboard and left the frigid airspace behind, his destination a Cantina... any Cantina. Nar Shadaa was surely full of them, and at the moment, he simply needed the hustle and bustle of life despite the usual glances he recieved. In truth, Mythos hadn't even bothered to adorn the metallic mask he usually did to hide his true origins. Today was simply about a little R and R.

Hours seemed to have passed when his comm link alerted him, Mythos sitting alone in a darkened corner of a rather busy Cantina as music blared in the background with such intensity that it nearly tore at his sensitive hearing, his ears flocked backwards to in natural disdain. As he finished his small cup of water, Mythos gazed around, partially enjoying the moment of life before he pulled out his comm unit and listened to the arrival of Orders. He knew duty was calling. Tossing a credit stick upon the table, Mythos downed the drink and grabbed his coat as he rose. He had a mission, and deep in his mind, he hoped he was capable of it.

As he walked out of the Cantina, he sent a request of Alliance men to meet him aboard the Montjoie as well as some of the best Imperial Troopers that could be found on such short notice, figuring now would be as good a time as any to test their worth and mettle. It was no secret that he despised the Empire, but not nearly as much as he did the mystics that guided them. But if this Alliance was going to truly work, he could at least try and work with those like himself, the untouched, those blessed without that cursed magic they call the Force. Two squadrons from each would surely do enough for his test, with himself included making a total of twenty five. A bit of an overkill, but after Dark Sun Station, Mythos planned to not take chance should one of those soul sucking dark sorcerers appear.

As Mythos rounded a corner leading to the port he landed in however, he found his gaze looking ahead toward an @ISB Officer(s)and what appeared to be a hunter (@Flashbandit2475) engaging a group of the local youth. Mythos grimaced, his teeth showing as he found himself across from pointed guns aimed at the two youths before him. He truly did not have the time to watch the stand off unfold and he rathered not be placed on the recieving end should one of the DC-17's bolts happen to miss. Towering the two by at least a foot and a half, Mythos leaned in close enough for his displeased breath to take across their necks as the unmasked Shistavanen growled in displeasure at their sight, the two quickly turning to gaze at the massive Marshall as he reached forward quickly and tightly gripped his paws around their drawn barrels. With little patience, and a lack of worry about their aim as they shook in fear, Mythos' garbbled a simple sentence through his disfigured vocal cords. "Begone, now, little ones."

Aidan briefly thought about learning Sandy's stance in depth right then and there, but decided against it after checking the message containing their orders.

"We'd better just get to our assignments. This is the first time I've really been given orders from the Empress herself, and I'm a little eager to get the job done."

He moved in, giving his mother a quick embrace, lingering for longer than a brief moment. "It was good to see you again. When we get time, we should catch a meal together. Grandma too, assuming she's still out there." 

Aidan looked back to Sandy. It wasn't going to be an exciting assignment, but at the least they now had something to do. "Might as well get going, I can arrange to have all of this delivered back to the armorer. Squire Peltz owes me a favor. I assume you have command of this one?"

((Sandy, ready to go whenever, just drag Aidan where she goes in her next post. Armiena I know the invitation was extended to you OOC to go on this plot, but Aidan wouldn't have known that, feel free to correct him if you're coming with, lol.))

• Like 1

fuckmeIwannastop.png.f6b3c407fbf3e64619d8058b21303934.png

Mjan stood up from his chaired position, a chuckle erupting under his breath as he his grip lifted the brief's datapad from the table. Rose was known as a jokester, a memorable moment of a prank played upon Mjan crossing his mind. His gaze shifted toward Nia and his chuckle subsided as he noticed her still face. He knew the look of troublesome thoughts. Next chance alone, he would ask her about what bothered.

Feeling a slap across his back, Mjan winced predictably out of reaction as he turned to gaze Beth again, a smile across his face. She was definitely a well defined pilot, her actions reminding his alot of his own Captain. A feeling of ease washed over him knowing that so many veteran pilots would be a part of this project, his own infancy as one apparent. He knew he was lucky to have survived Dark Sun.

"I was considering an old 170 myself. Nia here has no training, so I'm hoping the Maelstrom has an on board simulator she could study with." Mjan spoke, looking past her toward a weeping Oden Sun as the oaf watched his X-Wing being stripped, an emotional sorrow filling up Mjan in response. "If not, the co-pilots chair is as best a place as any to learn. You're welcome to pilot if you want to join us and I'll take the rear guns."

It was more of a jest than seriousness, but Mjan wouldnt turn her down if she chose to create a crew with him and Nia. If not, he knew Captain Rose would, her favorite aspect of the ARC being the tail guns. It's how he had came to know the ship as well as he did, the Twilek obsessed with it and the Y-Wing. At that thought, he chuckled in silence.

Mjan's reddened face turned a briefly deeper shade when Beth poised the opportunity to bunk together with her, his mind to have yet even consider that aspect, his gaze shifting to Nia and realizing that it would be unbecoming if she and he had even bunked together. His four fingered hand reached up and scratched at the back of his head through his blackened hair in slight embarrassment. "You ladies are more than welcome to if you wish. But I'm afraid I'll have to bunk with the guys." Mjan's gaze shifted toward Rose, the woman's gears already turning at the overheard conversation. "Captain Rose has a tendency to let her active imagination run wild."

Mjan chuckled as Rose's face pouted at her overhearing his response. "I do not!" Rose yelled as Mjan turned back to the two, Jax and Oden nearly choking on their shared laughter beside her.

Nia stiffened as Beth clapped her on the back, pulling away microscopically. She'd never liked being touched. She couldn't explain it properly, even to her parents. It just didn't carry the comfort for her that it seemed to carry for others, a situation that had only been worsened by her extended time out of water. Still, it was nothing she wasn't used to. 

She was at loss. All these pilots shared something. A bond forged in battle that allowed them to laugh and chat like they knew each other, even if they were barely acquainted. It was something to look up to. Still, she lacked the bond that Mjan had with the other pilots, so she stayed silent until she was addressed. In truth, she was nervous about the assignment. She'd never flown, and the last thing she wanted was to be a liability. She didn't want to put anyone in danger due to her inexperience. She glanced at her new Master as her spoke, frowning at his reaction. Then the implications dawned on her, and she felt herself flush.

"Oh, no, if it's possible, I'd like to sleep on my own for a night or two. I've had no privacy since I left home to become a Jedi."

She hesitated for a moment before adding, "Of course, if that's a problem I have no qualms about bunking with you, Lieutenant. I don't want to trouble anyone."

She found herself with her hands behind her back, twisting them uncomfortably. It... bothered her, to ask for things like private quarters. It felt frivolous, and now that she'd asked it, she'd wished she hadn't. Any quarters suited for the soldiers should have been suitable for herself.

nnia.png

Beth was shocked, and it marked across her face with a flash. 

“Wait you guys segregate your quarters?” For ever since the time of Emperor Blacks reforms, the Imperial military held no distinction. Believing that any kind of barrier between their crews would adversely affect them, forming faction and getting in the way of unity in squadrons. A look of disgust stretched across her pretty face. “How are you supposed to get to know one another and work as a tandem unit? Mealtimes? Surely lieutenant, privacy is something that the Jedi reject as well?” Her eyes actually showed real concern as they boarded the Maelstrom. 

“It’s not like we have orgies or something you Rebel. And any impropriety is very strictly punished.” She looked to Nia and shook her head. “If you wanted privacy, the military is the last place you should have come. I am afraid private cabins are something of the past. No one gets special treatment here. When we get to station we will be divided into squadrons and of course separate bunks, but I think especially on an operation like this segregation of any type should not be allowed.” But the rebel corvette was divided much like the Red faced Jedi had said. Two wide segregated bunk rooms. Causing Beth to pout. She tossed her baggage on the bunk near Nia’s as the ship launched into the trailing lines of hyperspace. 

"Tell me about yourself little Jedi."

((Post in space boys))

Andromina

Rebel Alliance Fleet Command - Lieutenant

@Vox

The Imperial Knight took a step forward and extended his hand in greeting. He didn’t have an exact sense of what had been said, by the other creature but he knew it was not pure hostility. He called for a translator droid before he officially introduced himself again. 

“I am Knight Commander Vernon Ryzhkov, of the Imp- ...Rebel Alliance.” He corrected himself. THe Droid did its best to say the words in a modified Trandoshan.

“You possess an Imperial Freighter, what happened?”

@Flashbandit2475 @Mythos

The Imperial Officer grinned under his helmet at the appearance of the Rebel Officer, they were on the same side now but it was still awkward to see such a fearsom beast in a uniform. As the bandits scattered to the wind he took his helmet back off his head. “Welcome Commander, I heard that you were coming bye the Imperial Mission. I've found you an able bodied recruit for your mission.” He bowed low, and walked back to his post.

((Mythos is now your commanding officer))

Raphenal.png.96d1c7b8a3eaea41f94e96db627f96d9.png

Lord Commander Raphenel Karlovci Contispex- Imperial Warden

@Raven Zinthos

The knight spoke to the Trandoshan, however used the traditional language and not the Nudono's language. Close enough. The greeting came a second time and the question arose about the Imperial Ship, what did happen? To Vox it seemed only yesterday since the event had happened but in reality it had been few days. The chieftain thought for a moment before continuing in regular Trandoshan as much as he disliked it. He looked at the mans hand curiously and almost wandered what it was for, almost looking at the man like he was stupid.

"On our home world, we warred against the foreigners for control over our territory. In the end we had to assault a major force despite our clans chieftain's orders to allow them through. Our war pack were exiled, in turn more than half our clan followed us as ruin was to come if they remained. A hijacked starship later, we crashed on an ice rock after being shot down by the Black Cloak's vessels. Successfully we were able to quickly silence a Black Cloak Outpost and took this ship to escape our hunters. If that's explanation enough."

Vox had no reason to explain how most of his forces were killed; the temperatures as the ships engine and any power supply were destroyed, most of the Nudono froze to death. Those without the armor, women, children, soldiers, all dead because Vox followed what Divine, or his gut told him. He's had a heavy burden, he was tired and hungry, he only wanted rest. Only when he found a new world to start over may he go back to Trandosha and take his people from there. It still bothered him, this entire time he was led here by the risk and death of his people, left with the remainder of his war pack. 

Edited by Vox

Briggs’ arms relaxed when he saw the officer take his helmet off.  “Seems like everyone’s being friendly now ” he slipped his blasters into their holsters and grinned “so, what’s this about a mission?” He tapped his foot while looking up at the big guy

Edited by Flashbandit2475

Sandy nodded at Aidan, then bowed to his mother. She did not know what was next in store for them in this quest, but she had little doubt that the mother-son bond would be easily broken. It was magnificent to see Aidan grow and for the love for his mother and parents actually begin to shine a little around the edges of his normally brusque personality. "Thanks for teaching me Aidan, it means a lot." She put the blaster rifle back into its case and pushed the magazines into their little slots before she turned and bowed to Kel Koon her apprentice that had showed up with Tobias Vos of all people in tow. 

Was that the catch? Was this really the crew sent to find the old Jedi training ship? The man who she had loved much alike a father who she had publicly denounced in front of everyone he cared about? Social and personal crimes were a harsh display of Karma. She looked around furtively and found that his ship was also here, waiting to be boarded. First she addressed her padawan, then she would address her old master. 

“You have done well Kel, your trials await you on this mission. Are you ready? All packed?”

She took a deep breath and swallowed her pride. He had saved her life after all. And it was best that she make the first move. 

“Master Vos!” She let an actual smile cross her lips. “I am so happy to see you as part of this mission! I may have spoken too harshly in front of the council.” 

She looked back to Aidan and introduced the two of them. “This is Aidan Darkfire of the Imperial Knights, and Aidan this is Tobias Vos, my old master.” She looked at the extended boarding ramp. “I think we have much to discuss, but the comm was most urgent!” 

((Lets carry on these convos in space as we make for Gala))

senay.png.2f049a5f093fee4ce31600cce37c9cbb.png

Calix Meus Inebrians

Shaken and egos bruised, the two quickly let go of their pistols and took off, briefly holding their retreat to grab their fallen comrade before they took off completely. Mythos grimaced and toss the blasters aside, his gaze shifting toward the two that remained. He nodded his head in response of the Imperial Officer removing his helm, the Shistavanen's long tongue licking his maw as he shifted his gaze one last time to ensure the trio had disappeared completely before approaching Briggs and the Imperial Officer. "Trouble in Paradise, I take it?" Mythos spoke, his voice knarled and low, pointing in the direction that the three offenders had taken.

"I was just on my way to the Mission to see if any new recruits were capable of the task before I headed back." He spoke, while in truth, Mythos trusted newer recruits even less far than even Imperial Soldiers, but as he gazed upon this one beside the Officer, he grew intrigued. He was quick on the draw, it seemed, but so was Mythos himself all those years ago when he first joined the Galactic Alliance Marshals. Perhaps with a little training and education, he could be shaped well for this new Rebel Alliance that was being forged. "Seems fate decided to do the work for us."

Mythos's gaze shifted toward the new recruit, his face never moving as the scarred eye peered toward the new recruit. "Indeed. Had this been only a few months ago, I wouldn't have lifted a singular finger to help either of you or anyone affiliated with Imperials. But that was then and this is now, and I'm sure the officer here would likely agree had it been you and I." Mythos' tone was strict and informative. he may have liked the man's character, but it didn't mean that he would go easy on the lad. This was war that was brewing across the Galaxy, and coddling would only end in death. "I would say the mission was a simple one, but there is nothing simple about war. But fortunately it seems an easy enough task to get your boots wet. Be thankful. We could be facing Sith rather than a the simpler task of evacuating Anaxes."

And with that said, Mythos turned and started walking toward the starport. It was time he reported in upon the Montjoire. Briggs was welcome to catch up if wasn't already on Mythos' heels. After all, Mythos wasn't one for words, and especially today of all days with that haunting dream still weighing upon his mind.

“Alright, I guess it is a little simpler” he turned to see the imperial officer walking away and sighed. He turned back towards Mythos to see that he was leaving, he quickly shuffled up behind him “so exactly will we be doing other than the evacuation?” He glanced up at the brute and then he peered around at the people, his eyes constantly scanning people. He’s had a sharp eye since he was young, so it’s easy to say he notices what others cannot.

Mythos placed his hand up, signaling the young Briggs a moment of silence as the two entered the bustling spaceport before continuing onward to the small transport. As he nodded to the pilot, he allowed Briggs to climb aboard before he shut the door behind them and took a seat. With the added privacy, Mythos turned a stern gaze toward the human.

"We've got to remain cautious even on a friendly world like Nar Shadaa. You never know when a spy is lurking nearby." Mythos spoke, the lunge of the transport lifting off and making way for space shifting their weight slightly. "Its a standard evacuation mission. We go in, evacuate Imperial and Alliance members, wipe the software, set the self destruct and get out. Sounds simple for a first mission, eh?"

Mythos let the mission details linger upon the air, his emphasis sounding on the latter more than most. But no mission ever turned out simple, and Mythos knew this better than most, the scarred flesh and vocal cords beneath his throat's fur a reminder as much as a testament to that very fact. Still, even someone like Mythos could hope for such success.

"But to be on the safe side of things, I've requested a squad from both the Alliance Marines and the Imperial Troopers." Mythos spoke as he leaned back and crossed his legs and folded his arms beneath his head, not leaving much room for anyone to walk around the large being. "Better to be safe than sorry. Get comfortable recruit. It'll take a few moments to reach our destination."

@Vox

As the imperial knight listened to the translator droid finish its slow and methodical translation of the trandoshan he nodded slowly. He indicated to the medical crew who were pushing their way through the mix of bored and disappointed looking imperial marines. 

“It is my pleasure then to welcome you as refugees to the Rebel Alliance, should you wish and need it, there are medical teams for any wounds that you may have sustained during the escape, and jobs for the willing. Otherwise the rebel alliance can provide limited housing for those that need it.” 

@Raven Zinthos

Vox was a skeptic, at best the knight seemed a bit too friendly. Then again they must be going through a time of sorts, then again he shouldn't be too critical. Divine guided the reptilian here and the last of his people in tow, Vox had hoped this was a correct path and not some mistake. He mentally sighed, if a thing was possible, and looked the knight directly in the eyes as to show his full attention. 

"I've never heard of a Rebel Alliance before but since you've offered..." The chieftain looked back to his fellows who seemed tense then back to the group and continued, "We've been in space for some time... Low on supplies and reserved foods. It would be kind of you to take us in. Further, if you give us a temporary space to dwell then we can serve your kind for that time being."

Armiena glanced down at her hand and stretched her fingers. Clicks issued from the exposed mechanism and she watched the delicate motors actuate. It was a standard military-grade model, completely ordinary save for its armored circuitry.

The neural interface firmware was supposed to be based on a compressionless algorithm, but given its recent performance...

Draygo drew her blaster pistol and sighted in on the hangar’s magcon field indicator, approximately fifty meters away. And again. And again, she repeated the motion, feeling the grip of the pistol settle into her palm slightly differently with each quickdraw. Then she swapped to a one-handed grip and found that her wrist was drifting to the side.

It was the hand.

____

Minutes later, Armiena emerged from the hangar to find her apprentice.

“Thank you.” She gave him a smile, one of the few genuine smiles that she had managed since their flight from Coruscant. “I needed that. You and I need to complete your training. At this point, a Padawan traditionally begins construction on their lightsaber, but I can’t ask you to violate your principles on a blade. Have you had any thoughts on this subject?”

drayyy.png

I had been sitting there, watching the hall in silence as I listened to the music player, lost in ignorant bliss that was it's tantalizing orchestra, when I caught Armiena's figure out my perifial. Jumping up, I pulled the small ear attachments out just in time to catch her sincere smile and her unneeded thanks. 

I smiled and shook it off with a wave of the hand, my gaze shifting offhand to Aidan as the two others disappeared before shifting back to my Master as she finished speaking. "Firstly, there is no need for thanks. If I could see my mother or father one last time, I would consider it a blessing. And from what I've seen, he has grown largely in part because of you whether or not you know it."

"Secondly...." My face frowned as I replied to the rest of her words, my dreading this day apparent as I began to finish speaking. "I know you mean no harm by instructing me, and I honestly have no idea what I could do to replace such a tradition... or whether I should or not if I am truly to walk the path of a Jedi. Jedi have always been known by simple glance of the blade whether it was activated or not, and as such, I feel I would only shame the lives given by the Jedi if I dont do the same."

I sat in silence as I brought my gloved hand up to my face as thoughts crossed my mind, the thought of creating such a thing tearing at my soul, but my mind lost upon any other options. Finally I finished. "So, unless you have any other ideas, I think I should create one. Just because I do still doesn't mean I ever have to activate it or use it."

It had crossed my mind during our travels alot, and Armiena had always been respectful to my wishes. And despite my idealogy of walking the path of the Jedi without a weapon, I had begun to realize its futility as well as the lineage that I was now becoming a part of. Jedi gave their lives, but not without meaning. So a part of me felt that I should open myself up to what they stood for, even if it infringed upon my own thoughts and feelings. It was hard, but it was a choice I had to be willing to make in order to grow as one.

@Vox

The Imperial Knight let his grin cut through his normally stern demeanour. 

“Well you have alot to learn about the galaxy then, there is an Evil Empire to defeat and a crowned queen to restore to a galactic throne.” He laughed then beckoned the man and his crew to board the transport vessel to Nar Shaddaa They would arrive at the Rebel Alliance high command processing center. 

An hour later the reptilian crew were met by officers and medical staff from the Mission and issued resident permits. The recruiter walked down the line, issuing paperwork to the prospective recruits, while the Imperial KNight stood near Vox. 

“Do you want to fight and die for a cause you know nothing about? Or does the civilian life call to you?”