Nar Shaddaa

BLCKCLONE

"How long before we run out of air?" A deep voice asked in the seat of a dark cockpit, small lights dimly painted a scaly lizard-like face, tired and worn of a seemingly tough day. 

From behind, clinking and clicking sounded throughout the hull of the freighter, blaster burns scuttled about the inside of the ship told of heavy battle fired inside the hull. A bright screen lit up, another scaly face revealed itself in the light wincing at it's brightness. After adjusting it's eyes, the face spoke in a males voice, both disappointment and disparity filled it's tone. 

"Two hours... give or take. Our heating coils are fried beyond belief and the motherboard is scrapped... And that's only the beginning of our problem." 

The body in the cockpit seat turned and looked at the figure kneeling beside an open floor panel, wires and cables attached to a flat-screened device, "Tell me." 

Sighing, the second figure said, "Well, our engine is shot, took a good blaster bolt to the thrusters; which we were lucky it survived till now but we lost most our fuel with a whopping 2.3% left. No way to fly or even guide the ship, most wires are fried as well as the long range scanners and communications save for the long range distress beacon. Heating coil again is out meaning we'll either suffocate first or freeze later." 

"We're dead then." Another voice, more gruff and distorted shouted from the opposite end of the hull.

The first figure sat back down, "Romulus, anyway we can get heat going despite the coils?" 

After a time of clicking, the second figure, Romulus, replied, "Wellll... Yes. I'll have to take a helmet and rip out it's wires, convert and reengineer-"

"All I need is a yes." The first cut off, clearly aggravated. 

Vox, chieftain of the War Pack or simply, "The Pact," was Nudono Trandoshan, a hardy and dangerous folk in close relations to the traditional Trandoshan race everyone is familar with. Nudono weren't known at all in the Galaxy only staying secluded in the reaches of the wilds of Trandosha. It wouldn't take a genius to figure out why they weren't well known either; they had a hatred toward every race. Although hatred isn't the correct word, it certainly wasn't a far off one. But with very little options, Vox initiated a long range distress beacon, hoping anyone picked up.

Though it was faint, it was still something. However having an Imperial Freighter wasn't the best thing either. A month ago, when their first ship crashed the Pact hijacked the freighter in of the trap that had been set. Granted Vox listened to his intuition, many of his people died in that crash, many survivors freezing on the Arctic planet. Only seven of them remained now, for now. 

Giving an amused huff, Vox mused when he began to drift off into sleep, swearing up and down in his failing mind that he saw a planet. As he drifted, immediately Romulus punched the chieftain in the face, finally hearing the plea of the smaller Nudono. It was gibberish at first, but as he stirred Vox saw a blurry orb... Two blurry orbs. On instant his eyes snapped fully open as he punched himself in the jaw, looking up with anger and surprise. The former was quick to fade as the latter turned into glee. 

"Finally!" Vox thought, standing upright as he stared at a planet and moon. It was then he remembered their comms were destroyed, but nonetheless! This was a moment of joy! 

"Tell everyone to prepare their gear, we might have a chance now." Vox ordered, Romulus quickly rushing to the back and hollering orders. 

This whole journey, this entire set of events seemed to be picking up again. The chieftain thanked Divine for this day. Hopefully, conflict won't follow. He couldn't stress though, they were in control of an Imperial ship with little to no changes, it's banners and symbols still paraded the outside plates. Shame if the ship was scrapped, it actually served a good purpose... But he hoped his pack wasn't scrapped either, knowing many pirates and those who would take advantage of the opportunity. 

voxpopuli.png.f80f68e125067e4949ab35e17a997bbd.png

Raven Zinthos

Clattering heard the hull, flashlights abd emergency lights were turned on to give the crew lumination. Seven of the Nudono, including Vox and Romulus stood tall and prepped weapons in case they were boarded and assaulted. Granted they were in a snall space with little cover their armor had exceptional protection, better than most, but it wasn't completely indestructible. Powerful enough blasters did crack and in some cases pierces the armor, however individuals close enough felt the rough plating crunching against their faces. Many times, weaker humans and other species had fallen to mere punches and even hard slaps by the Nudono, it was either their brute strength or simply because other species were pansies. 

Blades jutted off the guns as blades, a larger rifle-looking weapon having a large blade bending backward and out as a secondary weapon; a sword and blade. Clips and grenades were strapped to waists and belts, secondary weapons like pistols were strapped onto by either hook, holster, or a magnetic plate. The Spikers, more or less, much like the Puncture rifles were a primary weapon for Nudono. Automatic, bladed, and powerful the Spikers earned their right as a main weapon in close quarters combat. The Puncture Rifle was the main babe however, firing grenades that exploded on contact, they were favored in mid to close range combat for their effectiveness and power. A weapon more for second use, the Mauler, was what it's name intended. Perhaps not the best used in even mid range, it was a shotgun that fired scattering shells infused wity energy, at close range it was usually fatal. But sporting off Vox's back hilted by magnetic clips and holster was a staff-blade, long and shard, the blades width and clear signs of scratches would tell one that it was a primary weapon of the chieftain. Only anyone could guess what it was used for. 

"Sir, are you certain we should take arms?" A soldier asked Vox looking down at his own rifle, "We were begging for rescue, not a standoff were we?"

Vox looked up as he loaded his Spiker with ammunition, he stood and stated, "Remember the trade deal between the Nudono and Ehvanii clans, between our ancestors? We perceived them as helping us until they joined the raiders, they tricked us. We're not killing, yet. We need to be ready just in case." 

The soldier nodded, the red light of the emergency power gleaming of both armor abd weapon. As young as he was, Vox knew he wasn't stupid, asking a good question. That's what he liked, not mockery or selfish views but questions of their well being. Years ago, when the Ehvanii were still existing they had been in off and on skirmishes with the Nudono, the day they joined ranks with the Trandoshan slavers was thr day Vox's great grandfather eradicated both that clan and company. Many died that day. Vox, to say the least, knew all of his people's history as a chieftain should so he can learn and avoid the mistakes they made, although some things couldn't be avoided and he faved them. One of them being their me extinction right now. 

The chieftains two brothers, Equinox and Chaox, stood ready with their weapons holstered, the helms of their armor covering all seven faces. Romulus didn't have Pact armor but rather an exosuit for hazardous climates, still tough in it's own right. Vox had heard the radio sound off, a voice telling them to stay calm. If only it worked two-way he could talk to them. 

Minutes of waiting passed, the soldiers began to grow anxious and impatient but they still stood, ready to leave or fight should they be boarded. Two of the soldiers weild large metal shields that were heavy and simple used for protection in combat, not that they'd use them any time soon, it was just leftover gear. So far each member carried several guns and one even carrying a large chest with extra armor... Carried not the exact word, he simply lifted it's front while the corner back was still touching the floor. Romulus had a medical pack on him in case anyone sustained injuries in a fight. Chaox however hefted a long barreled scoped rifle of sorts: the Widower. 

Vox, as calm as he was seemed to get annoyed, what were they doing out there? His answer came in the form of a noise, a saw or something similar to it albeit more.... On fire. Quickly, Vox activated the Heads Up Display in his helm and saw there was a ship attached theirs, individuals entering the upper level. The other troops turned immediately to the noises of footsteps and raised their weapons taking cover behind the Shield Brothers. The chieftain stood in the middle, a foot-wide allowing him to see who boarded. 

No one has ever seen the Nudono, maybe the classic Trandoshan people but not the isolated clans. Oh how Vox wished there were more. Originally long before his time his clan had achieved space flight and sustainability, but due to their warlike need to dominate, the Ehvanii, Nudono, Voraki, and Delinious master packs knocked each other back down to pre-industrialization. It was a shame, who knew how far the four clans could have gone? 

"Vox," Equinox, one of the three brothers began, "What do we need to do? In this situation I'm doubting it's a rescue." 

"Keep calm brothers," The chieftain replies, "If whoever see's us and attacks then we have our answer. We listen to their demands if otherwise. We still bear our arms, we won't be tricked. We may not speak common, but I'm certain they have translators." 

Vox waited, whoever was coming he had them on the HUD but they were painted as white dots, a neutral color representing no sides of friend or foe. The Nudono never learned to speak Common English or whatever the language was, they spoke something similar to Trandoshan but sounded Latin than anything. He hoped they'd understand, whoever this was. 

@Raven Zinthos

Chaox, the most anxious of the group almost fired upon the newcomers, aimed at the laser stick fellow. Following his inner instinct, Vox without skipping a beat caught his younger brothers hand, quick to intertwine his four digits between his brothers successfully preventing any firing. It would have ended horribly. Chaox looked at the chieftain with disbelief however his face was hidden behind metal and a visor. Vox lowered the weapon and the others followed, showing the newcomers they weren't going to fire. 

The individual stepped forth with his weapon held and helm removed revealing a blond haired human, waving a hand and saying, "Hail and well met! Please identify yourselves. Your ship has entered restricted space."

Vox in response walked up to the man with no concern for the dangers it brought, or the nervousness these men might have if they weren't trained well enough. Either didn't matter. Holstering his rifle, Vox unsheathed his tribal sword and lifted it before stabbing it into the metal floor. He undid two clips on either side of his helmet and twisted it slightly. A hiss of air released as he took it off, revealing a reptilian face in turn. It was clear he was Trandoshan related, his his more masculine appearance, color scheme, technology and the ridges of small spikes along his face told he was quite different.

Vox looked down to the human and received a sense of calm, Divine led him here, his remaining people here. After trial and troubles it seemed Divine wanted Vox to meet these people. So he perceived. 

"Well met," Vox replied in a deep tone that sounded the hull, however it was in his native language as he couldn't speak Common, "I am Vox Stormblood of the Nudono Trandoshan, chieftain of my clan. It seems we have been led here to you and you have received our calling. We were out of fuel, munitions, and options otherwise we would have avoided this territory altogether."

@Raven Zinthos

The knight spoke to the Trandoshan, however used the traditional language and not the Nudono's language. Close enough. The greeting came a second time and the question arose about the Imperial Ship, what did happen? To Vox it seemed only yesterday since the event had happened but in reality it had been few days. The chieftain thought for a moment before continuing in regular Trandoshan as much as he disliked it. He looked at the mans hand curiously and almost wandered what it was for, almost looking at the man like he was stupid.

"On our home world, we warred against the foreigners for control over our territory. In the end we had to assault a major force despite our clans chieftain's orders to allow them through. Our war pack were exiled, in turn more than half our clan followed us as ruin was to come if they remained. A hijacked starship later, we crashed on an ice rock after being shot down by the Black Cloak's vessels. Successfully we were able to quickly silence a Black Cloak Outpost and took this ship to escape our hunters. If that's explanation enough."

Vox had no reason to explain how most of his forces were killed; the temperatures as the ships engine and any power supply were destroyed, most of the Nudono froze to death. Those without the armor, women, children, soldiers, all dead because Vox followed what Divine, or his gut told him. He's had a heavy burden, he was tired and hungry, he only wanted rest. Only when he found a new world to start over may he go back to Trandosha and take his people from there. It still bothered him, this entire time he was led here by the risk and death of his people, left with the remainder of his war pack. 

Edited by Vox

@Raven Zinthos

Vox was a skeptic, at best the knight seemed a bit too friendly. Then again they must be going through a time of sorts, then again he shouldn't be too critical. Divine guided the reptilian here and the last of his people in tow, Vox had hoped this was a correct path and not some mistake. He mentally sighed, if a thing was possible, and looked the knight directly in the eyes as to show his full attention. 

"I've never heard of a Rebel Alliance before but since you've offered..." The chieftain looked back to his fellows who seemed tense then back to the group and continued, "We've been in space for some time... Low on supplies and reserved foods. It would be kind of you to take us in. Further, if you give us a temporary space to dwell then we can serve your kind for that time being."

Vox was almost ready to agree when Equinox pulled his shoulder slightly. The younger brother jerked his head back for the older to talk. Being dragged the feet away, Equinox scowled at Vox and his immediate decision, Vox needed to think this through but knew his older brother was desperate for relief. But being dragged into a galactic war? It was outrage!

"Are you insane Vox?!" Equinox whispered in native tongue, loudly but the effort was there, "We are starved, our equipment damaged, we are..." Equinox realized his tone raised but lowered it to a worried whisper, "We are... All exhausted, Vox. We need rest- you! You're the best of us, our leaderyou need rest, brother. We can't have you blunder aimlessly into whatever conflict." 

Vox stared at Equinox hard, and after a minute of hanging silence he said, "I am well aware of my own condition, of our condition. I wouldn't plunge us into conflict so soon, we need rest. But let me remind you, Brother," Vox was chest to chest with Equinox and the clear size difference was made; Older to younger, taller and bulkier to shorter and slimmer. It wasn't intimidation emotionally but rather establishment of ranks. 

"I have known of our situation for some time. I have it planned out, but mind you that am the leader of this kin, understand your concern but it's time you quit your open rambles and let me handle it. Know your place."

Equinox was quick to avert his eyes from the Chieftain's, and Vox walked back to the knight. A lot was on his mind, they saved the Nudono and offered for them to get involved in a war. He felt this was the just decision but there had to be a primary establishment of sorts. Vox was skeptical, that my was known, and he wanted to stray from the humble life amd earn his keep. He was bred for war, bred to bring peace to his people but once he walked away from them they followed and died for the search of a new home. Vox wanted to know if something first. 

"Before I accept, my kin and I need rest, nurishment, and a few moons to repair our equipment. We've been hounded by the Black Cloaks for so long it's kept us on edge... Had that blade been red," Vox pointed to the knights lightsaber in Trandoshan, "We would have killed on sight. But if we get involved I seek an isolated jungle, a new home for my people. And if it's against the Black Cloaks..." He turned to see the readiness of his troops and turned back, "We will provide support for your cause; so long as we get what we need."

Vox nodded and replied, "The seven of us are all that's left, and all that's willing to fight." 

Immediately the chieftain grasped the blades staff and pulled it from floor, the blade itself removed from the metal effortlessly. He flipped it and holstered the weapon. Vox looked back and barked something out and within moments his crew put away their weapons albeit hesitantly. Usually they had no help, no backup, just themselves and gaining a new ally was an oddity. It would certainly take time to trust strangers but Vox new that, especially with the skeptical troops amongst his ranks. 

"Get the equipment together if you've haven't already. We are leaving," Vox commanded the crew and turned his attention to the knight, "If you need us immediately for an assignment then three of us are ready. I don't want my most tired men too jumpy when on a mission."

Vox nodded them nudged his head forward, a sign given to his men to move out. They pulled two massive crates be them filled with ammunition, weapons and spare armor parts and whatever munitions they had left. The bulky beasts made their way aboard the massive vessel, the troops alert for traps while Vox simply followed the knight. It was truly odd to his troops, for the first time they watched as their leader was following instead of leading however their thoughts and whispers broke as Vox spoke clearly and vocally. 

"Varsus and Krexis, you're with me. The rest of you remain with our new acquaintances," Vox ordered in native tongue, needing only his two capable soldiers for the mission.

Varsus was a recruit back on Trandosha, young and full of energy but also as dumb as a rock. He was a good kid, honorable and loyal, took orders well and was willing to learn but gods below he wasn't the brightest. This would prove a test of his true worth. Hopefully he could survive without getting his hands blown off, he was proficient with a Puncture and a Mauler with Incidiary grenades. 

Krexis was a Shroud, or a sniper who was a recruit alongside Vox all those years ago. Quick on his feet, quick with a trigger and a sharper mind than a knife, Krexis was fully loyal and barely questioned his chieftain lest it was to give a suggestion. With these two more in shape than the rest, Vox was confident in his choice. He wielded a Widower rifle and both a Mauler and Spiker, generally having two spike and an Incidiary grenade as well. 

Already they were ready to take off, but Vox had a distinct feeling that there would be an alteration to their uniforms. Their own armor was the sign of how tested their metal was, it was strong, sturdy, and have been a symbol of their tribe for many years and long ago. Vox didn't want that change, perhaps making the armor better and change in color would be well but switching while suits was not something he wanted. 

"If by chance we are to utilize newer uniform, can we alter our armor instead?" Vox asked the knight in common Trandoshan, hoping for a decent answer, "And are we leaving now for this assistance?"

Vox continued his path, either of his two War Kin tagging on both sides. Perhaps he should have brought the other four men along the trip? They were going to battle and he knew said four couldn't keep going, as optimistic as he was Vox was exhausted but he still had strength, Varsus was younger and had plenty energy while Krexis... Stayed Krexis, he kept to himself. Chaox would have been perfect for the mission as he was the demolitions expert and naturally a better tactician than even Vox, but he was rash and thought of victory too soon, to add he took hard blows that hadn't healed and several broken ribs. Equinox couldn't focus, that was enough said. Romulus was too important to become a casualty of harm or death, and the newer recruit nearly jad his leg blown off. 

No, this was the best choice. Vox had hoped he could rest after this scuffle otherwise he will swear he'll sleep in the middle of blasterfire. The three followed, their faces covered from staring individuals and their eyes by their black visors. To Nudono customs, Vox was a heretic, but after he became righrful chieftain he got to make the calls. And if it would take long to edit their armor then now wouldn't be a good time. He followed the laughing knight, wordless as the other two Trandoshans made mental notes of their surroundings and people.

(( @Raven ZinthosThat's chill))

Vox and co. stopped and stood with the rest of the individuals as he assumed that's where he was going. He witnessed seemingly two different factions of the same cause yet there seemed to be an air of ire against one another. Some looked at the chieftain and his two soldiers whispering as to what they were. No one had seen armor like their and the helmets did nothing to give any familiar features until the chieftain spotted an individual walk toward the entire group. This was most likely the acting leader of the mission that knight spoke of, and if that was the case then Vox would be more respectful. 

Pressing two clips on either side and twisting left just slightly the chieftain pulled his helm off to which the sealed are in it gave a hiss as it escaped. His two soldiers did likewise albeit Varsus had trouble taking his helmet off properly and had help from the pale scaled Nudono Krexis. Successful as they were, Varsus was revealed to have a lush green scale pattern with diagonal stripes of mud brown and orange. Vox himself was lush green as well but had blotches of lighter green shades. Krexis... Was Krexis, he had no patterns, not even a single dot of different scale, just pale white. The three remained silent as this commander stared at the Trandoshans, clearly them waiting for him to speak. 

The Commander gave his instructions, Vox carefully listening to him as the details of the mission were quite simple. When he said few casualties Vox immediately thought that the group might have resistance, from who he didn't know. The Commander then asked if people had any questions to which Varsus' hand slowly lifted until Krexis slapped it, luckily going unnoticed save for the foreign troops closest to them. The Commander demanded they get something to eat then dismissed them, the Chieftain simply giving a nod and walked away just a few feet. 

Vox was quick to set his helmet down and look over his weapons, making sure they weren't damaged in the slightest. Scratches and small cuts were present but given their time of usage and wear it was obvious they would have some form of light damage. But it appeared it was nothing to worry about, nothing that messed with the firing mechanisms nor any parts of the weapons. Krexis on the other hand knew his weapons were quite functional and chose not to go over them, Varsus doing the exact same except he seemed... Anxious. Anxious to leave and go on a real mission instead of constantly running. He seemed excited, Vox concentrated on his thoughts and weapons while Krexis pulled a small hand-sized bag out and began to grab pieces of dried meat. 

"So sir," Krexis spoke for the first time, his tone was near silent and calm as he sat on a crate, "The mission details a rescue, grab and go if I'm not mistaken." 

Vox sat next to his fellow troop and pulled a strip of venison from the pouch. He took a bite and savoured the salty-sweet spices that were cooked with it. He then spoke after a minute of chewing, "Yes, the three of us will be going in lest we are ordered elsewhere. If we are met with opposition, armed forces against our new... Companions, I need you to hang back and act as Shroud, Krexis. If we meet said opposition I need eyes and ears from a vantage point, but if conflict isn't met then you'll be with Varsus and I." 

"I understand." Krexis replied. 

"So... Will we be fighting or are we going into the aftermath?" Varsus asked. 

"Most likely there will be a fight. If there isn't I would be surprised. Remember, we need to get to a medium range with our weapons, we don't have anything long ranged lest it's a Puncture Rifle," Vox stated nudging the weapon, "Eat, and rest for a few minutes. I don't know how long the travel will take."

• 3 weeks later...

Vox took the pat as a sign of good fortune, seeing Mythos congratulate the others it looked as if there was nothing more. The least Vox did was complete his task and hopefully, hopefully soon they can find a suitable planet for his people. In due time it will happen, and he hoped he wasn't just another body on the field. The Trandoshan turned and saw his other two comrades walk toward him, meeting them halfway, they would agree to meet up with the others... Wherever they were on this ship. He went to the nearest officer or whoever looked to be in command. 

"Pardon, but I ask where the rest of my people are and if you could show me," Vox asked an individual, "I'm not necessarily sure as to what we need to do... Should we rest that is better but if there is another assignment, preferably with only myself or two of us then I'll accept it." 

((I'm so sorry for the short post, this is for whoever answers... Up to y'all!))

Vox nodded and turned to the direction of the shuttles ready to take off, in turn Krexis spoke in a calm and quiet manner, "PlanetSide? I don't expect they would have a currency we can use for supplies?" 

"Yeah! And what about our situation? Aren't we looking for a new home or something?" Varsus asked a little too loudly, not that it mattered since it was in the Nudono tongue. 

Vox sighed, placing his Puncture Rifle on the magnetic clamp used to holster it. Indeed, that thought came again but he knew it would take time... the Chieftain looked down at the still armored recruit and considered how to best answer. Varsus would ask questions nonstop unless snapped at but it was all for good reason, he and everyone else were worried of the current stance with their new... allies. Sure Vox and co. completed a minor mission or whatever was above minor, still he knew well they'd have to work to earn a full in trust and compliance from these Imperials. It was outside the realms of what the tribe was used to doing and they had no choice but to take chances: either suffocate or deal with outsiders. 

The Chieftain finally answered Varsus while unclipping his helmet and a hiss escaped as a sign of released oxygen, "Our situation is a temporary home and servicing these outsiders simple as that. And yes, we are here for a new home however we must fulfill our end of the deal in order to prove our worth, gain trust, and find a true partnership. We can't rush this process, in doing so would create skepticism and they would lose tolerance. For now, the ball is in our hands, we best not drop it." 

Varsus was ready to ask a question as he took removed his helm but the still covered Krexis thumped the recruits side, shaking his head as a warning to not push any further. Varsus exhaled a little loudly out of frustration, Krexis removed his helmet as well to show the snow white scales he possessed. The two followed their leader as they boarded on the shuttles ready for takeoff, Krexis still waiting for an answer as Vox sat down. As far as the white Trandoshan knew Vox was contemplating and he sat down next to his leader, leaning back into the metal wall of the ship to help relax his nerves. 

"We'll have to," Vox finally answered after the ship made a jerk taking off, "I'll need to find our current commander but I'll see what I can do. Mythant I think his name was." 

Krexis relaxed at that answer, knowing his Chieftain always came through despite the recent losses. For the three soldiers, this small mission helped ease their minds as failures, the sniper and recruit took a brunt of their own blames as there were no right decisions in the lives they lost... only seven total remained. First was leaving, more than seventy percent of the tribe left with Vox, including the seven survivors that were present. Then came the hijacking of a Black Cloak warship, tracked down a day later and the Black Cloaks ships were defeated, but the Trandoshans crashed from unexpected damage on an ice world losing more than ninety percent of the tribe not to the ships landing, but to the frigid cold. These times were dire. 

Vox closed his eyes as to ease his mind, focus his thoughts and goals, what to do from here on out. "R&R," Wasn't exactly a word he knew but it seems to relate to rest from what he could gather. Maybe. His eyes opened however with a roll as Varsus began to talk, not exactly sure what it was, but he spoke in of course questions. He sat up properly from a slump and turned to the young Trandoshan who was up with a helmet in hand. 

"So... are you up yet?" Varsus asked impatiently. 

What? Vox only closed his eyes for a second or so he thought. Krexis reached out with a hand and helped his leader up, and there it was, a sudden shift from awake to near sleep and fatigue. His body felt tore and began to pulsate in pain in certain areas. Standing up was sending jolts of aching down his spine, alas Vox remained standing as he made his way out of the shuttle. The area was clearly city, more of a "poor side" if such a thing existed much like a slums except this was more acceptable, they were right outside a simple Imperial building used as a station for deliveries and troop assignment for recruit from the area. As the trio stepped out of the shuttle they were given odd looks by Imperials and passerbys alike, individuals wondering about why there were Trandoshans here and why on God's earth they wore odd attire. 

The Chieftain walked away from the building as well as his company and started down a street until he spotted one of his soldiers sitting outside sharpening the blade of his Puncture. He was in no more than a loincloth, deep blue and brown scales covered his body in blotches with small strips of yellow spotting his scales. He looked up and gave a nod to Vox who replied with, "Get some clothes on you heathen." 

"I'm going to look for Mython, you stay here and rest." Vox stated to Krexis and Varsus giving them his helmet. Regardless of his armor and openly carrying weapons, Vox had no worries of how he looked as long as people strayed from his path. As he walked, the Chieftain went from the simple and lesser side of the city to the better and prettier within thirty minutes. Gazing at the sights, looking at the different shops from jewelry to simple items were quite interesting but when a certain smell hot him Vox couldn't help but follow it. Different smells, cooked foods of many kinds were scattered between restaraunts of various names. His Common wasn't great, Vox opted to use Traditional Trandoshan as that was the closest he could get to a fluent language. Looking at each sign and name, colors and sizes, Vox wasn't sure with what to do until he saw a familiar face. 

"Mythis," Vox said to himself as he entered the 'Taste of Alderaan,' unaware whether it was a reserved or whether there was a line he simply waltzed in clear on his mindset.

@Mythos

Edited by Vox

Vox saw one individual wave him over then @Mythos waved him over pulling a vacant chair to their table. He moved mindful not to crash into anyone or run them over, considering the size and bulk of the Trandoshan he was a hulk amongst all in the restaurant with the only contender possibly coming close was Mythos himself. That said, Vox didn't want to stir problems if he bumped into someone... not that it was a problem, people were moving out of the way for him to avoid any contact themselves. This was out of the ordinary, usually he was surrounded by his brothers and sisters and now nothing but strangers, even the people he was bound to serve were deemed simply as contractors until he can do what was needed for the Nudono. 

The Trandoshan's mind wavered as hunger almost took over from the smell of grills, pots and pans cooking, and steamers and ovens blowing out heat and scents of a variety of wonders. His mind was knocked back to reality when a passer-by shoved past Vox trying to quickly leave the place. He let it go, understanding that being in the way has that effect on people. Perhaps his contractors can get a meal for the Trandoshan? Afterall, he was there to see how credits worked and ask for help regarding supplies and shops but a sit-down wouldn't hurt. His crew had reserves to eat from despite dried seasoned strips of meat, or jerky, being a tiring meal. 

"I assume this is one of many places you go after a mission?" Vox asked in Trandoshan sitting down, granted the chair itself was made of metal it still creaked slightly under the reptilians weight, "It's neat. I've never seen so many lights or people at one local food stand." 

@Mythos@ISB Officer(s)

Vox nodded in understanding and began to take a gander as to what to order... whatever he was ordering. He studied how the servants were providing drinks and food, seeing as how everyone could order from a piece of plastic it seemed easy enough. Vox looked through the foldable thing and saw everything word for word, not really understanding the common tongue but wanting to at least look like he knew what he was doing. He thesaw numbers seperated from the actual words, low and high clusters and single to triple digits of them. If Mythos was providing the food or buying it then it would give Vox the chance to maybe see how this exchange in currency worked. Back home, the maidens would serve the War Pack whatever was available, this was somewhat the case but it was also very different. He knew, no more was he on Trandosha, in the Mooncrest Wilds hunting his meals.

As the servant came to fill their drinks, Vox grabbed their attention and pointed to four things on the menu board, while speaking in Trandoshan in the off chance they knew the language, "These four I would like to... order...?"

The waiter looked over the items while holding an empty picture and simply nodded before heading back to wherever they came from. Vox felt proud of himself, finally, becoming civilised with the rest of these people. He wasn't expected to be treated with great regard let alone much hospitality but it seemed he didn't have much to worry about. Then the woman or man across from him, he wasn't paying much mind to them but heard their question about what he ate. What didn't he eat? Much like any reptilian, Vox was acclimated to being omnivorous, both meat and vegetation. 

"I eat meat, primarily. But to upkeep health I must have at least a vegetable or fruit with my diet. I can't have something of just fruits and such as it can affect my body and cause me to get weaker. As all Trandoshans, their daily intake should consist of mostly meat. And do tell, what is your, "Diet?"" Vox topped this off with a question, having explained himself now only this individual would have to explain as well. 

Edited by Vox

• 3 weeks later...

The Chieftain payed attention to Ryzhkov as he awaited the items he ordered, blessed his heart not knowing how to read proper Common. He only hoped the numbers meant done good but little to his knowledge he ordered expensive platters and not simple dishes. Like any other Vox has met this individual had a similar diet as well, possibly more vegetables but regardless similar despite the Trandoshans capability of eating raw flesh and not be affected by it. Meat was much better cooked than raw, especially with spices thrown into it. It took him back to the time he ate stews and massive slabs of steak and roast, the Caretakers generally using salts and herbs to give more flavor to the food. 

The Trandoshan perked up as Ryzhkov complimented him for the mission, telling him how much a blessing it was that the War Pack were in the system. It wasn't hard to gain the good graces of Vox, it was easy to lose them and even easier to lose his trust... whatever was there. Listening intently on the question for "specialities" Vox thought for a minute before replying, "As Chieftain, I'm quite familiar with tactics, martial arts, swordsman and marksmanship, demolitions, mostly a lot that you would of expect high ranking soldiers or shock troopers. 

Truth be told, I allow Divine to guide me and because of it I've won many battles, allowing it to give me insight for battle, investigation, and hunting. However, the Black Cloaks, or "Sith" as you call them have piqued my interest. I've seen few in action and we've lost few due to them, my blade was damaged because of one but spikes took care of that problem fast. Because of them many of my people, commoners and soldiers, were killed and so the squad I have is all that's left. But if you're looking at specifics, I'm willing to learn more about the Bl- Sith." In his explanation, it seemed Vox spoke in ire and spite against the dark side users. There was a level of anger he had that couldn't be explained, something he wanted to gain Justice for, something he wanted to avenge, or someone rather. Though he was hiding this rage quite well his right fist clenched hard and his tone deepened just slightly.

On 3/4/2020 at 11:30 PM, ISB Officer(s) said:

Orders Came in from high command for all units of the Militia, Imperial Knights, and Alliance Officer Corps to go on full alert. 

All active units and reserve units prepare for unit assignment. 

Messages arrived for the Imperial Knights, @Vox, and Alliance Marshal@Mythos.

They were to board the Star Destroyer Misericordia, for duty stations. 

As Vox wait for his meal he had been making small talk with the individual in front of him. It wasn't bad per say, but he was starting to get too hungry to actually continue talking. Something clicked and clacked, the sound of dishes lightly tapping each other as if stacked. The sound came from behind the Trandoshan as he turned to see a hefty five platters filled with steaks, other cooked meats that would be considered some of the best, and several other dishes made hot and ready. The two waitresses carefully and swiftly made their way through the occupied tables and once they arrived the two employees set the dishes in front of Vox, a hungry look in his eye when he stared at the food. 

Just as the two women left, just as Vox was ready to take his first bite of the first plate before him, an announcement was made for all available units to report to one of the Star Destroyer Misericordia. He stopped halfway from taking a bite of a piece of steak, it's steam and flavours just inches away from his mouth. He contemplated on actually eating instead of going, but if this was a serious mission he knew to follow through with his promise of service. Vox looked to Ryzhkov and asked, "Is... there a way I can take all this?"

The Trandoshan stood and put his helm on, he just needed to know whether it was acceptable to take the five platters worth of food with him. It would certainly be a real thing to eat alongside his kinsmen as the only thing they've ate for months were dry jerky to make ends meet. Of not, he was still taking the food regardless, whether or not anyone wanted to catch an armored train wasn't the Chieftains problem.

Meanwhile back at the housing the Trandoshan group was given, Chaox heard the announcement and assumed that his older brother was there. Knowing they were under command of these Imperials, it was also his job as the secondary leader to have his soldiers ready themselves. Barking orders and hurrying the five other Trandoshans, Chaox was quick to have his men gear up for the upcoming mission. All of them had their weapons ready, their gear mostly checked, and other equipment packed up in case they needed it. He took point and lead the group to the Misericordia, or wherever the other troops and officers were rushing off to in the same direction. They made it to their destination in minutes, the crew of six Trandoshans carrying their gear as they boarded the ship. Vox, leaving the restraunt with only his own armor and weapons, meeting his crew aboard the ship. 

Edited by Vox

• 1 month later...

As ships approached Nar Shaddaa from a distance troops and vehicles were ready to exit upon the bass they were assigned to. On the ship were the Trandoshan Nudono, the remnants of a once proud tribe who flourished years ago. They were still taking off their gear as they tensed to the weapons first, doing any repairs that needed it or sharpening their blades. The fight on Chandrila, Hannah City left some of them physically wounded from Krexis and the hole ate through his scales and into the soft layer of skin, and Varsus nearly had his right hand broke and his left side riddled with blast marks from an explosion. It was a good fight indeed, but not even Vox walked away without taking any damage. 
"So... we can rest now?" The young Varsus asked curiously as he sat in a chair, "I mean, that's it right?" 
Vox turned slightly as he put the rest of his scratched armor into it's proper case, clipping the latches shut, "Should be. Unless we have another assignment."
Silently Krexis carefully lifted several objects above one of the taller chests, the objects heavy and seemed extremely fragile. It was a jar of white salt, or what looked like salt however much finer than that and several other jars of cooked jerky of different animals. He'd received a jar of the finest sugar and flavorful jerkies from a native for saving their life, though he was no cook he was certain Romulus would have something in mind for it. That was when his chest began to sting and itch just slightly, a sign that the patched hole was beginning to heal. Trandoshans heal far quicker than most other species and to deny such a thing was complete idiocy. 
However Krexis would never forget the look the woman gave him when he and Varsus saved her daughter, in that moment he felt... odd. He and the other Trandoshan remained behind to help guide the others and look ahead for enemies but on the end stayed that way to help the "good fight," whatever that was. He hadn't felt anything toward killing others, he never needed anyone else but his brothers but the moment the family of two broke down mourning for their loved ones, after the firefight was the moment the albino sniper felt sympathy toward another. Varsus was the most sympathetic of the entire group, and due to his young age he couldn't help but feel for those who lost everything, but hid his emotions compared to most others. 
As Equinox and Rylast put away their shields and heavy armor the former turned to Vox who seemed to stare off at the planet. He tapped the Chieftain on the shoulder to which the latter replied, "I've never seen how beautiful a planet can be, Equinox." 
"Getting soft on me?" The First Lieutenant asked with a smirk, standing left of his elder brother and stared at the large orb, arms crossed and huffed, "You think we'll ever be back to our homeland?"
The leader remained silenced as they drifted closer at a snail's pace toward the planet, giving it some thought, "I... wish to. I need to. Once we've found a proper home for the tribe we'll go back and liberate our people. No doubt they're regretting the decision to stay, but if I... We, do this then we cannot life the same way as our ancestors did. Isolated, hiding technology to be so called peaceful. Peace cannot exist without conflict, nature is that way with the soothing wind and the coming storm. Our enemies are far more advanced than us, we must adapt, even if it means tossing few of our traditions away." 
Equinox gazed at Vox curiously but gave his brother a nod, then looked back to his twin who was making sure all weapons were accounted for including the amount of ammunition they had. They purposely left the spare crates of replacement pieces to both armor and weapons, any excess ammunition left as well as to not drag around dead weight that could effect their combat capability. Equinox then turned his head back to the planets view, "I know that. For years father and grand da was always trying to change the way everyone thought. I think he knew it would come to this. I think he'd be proud of you, Vox." 
With that the younger brother gave his older a firm clap on the shoulder before going to raid Krexis's jerky. At that point, others were beginning to take the meat and eating it vigorously but before long their bellies full of protein, for as hungry as the clan was they could only eat few pieces at a time. Sighing, Vox turned from the planet, his thoughts weighing on his mind until Romulus caught his attention with a cough. 
"Varsus needs to heal, so does Krexis before they fight anymore," The smaller Trandoshan stated before continuing knowing well Vox would protests, "They will affect how we fight, one shot through Krexis' armor and he's done for, Varsus can't even hold a gun upright and his entire side is burnt." 

"Very well, then it'll be just four of us. You'll stay with them on case we have a new mission."

• 2 weeks later...

Despite wanting to rest, Vox had a feeling that things were bound to pick up in a day or two. And though he had injured soldiers they'd recover within eight moons. That simply left the Chieftain, his two lieutenants Equinox and Chaox, and one of the shield brothers Rylast. The four of them could hold out well and do just as much as a smaller squadron than the usual seven. However their odds were culled just slightly, still, they were enough.

Finishing loading his gear, Vox paid a bit of mind to his skin-tight padded suit. In places there were cuts and tears clearly from previous combat. The inner plating that helped with protecting vital areas were wore thin and chunks missing, the silver could be seen under the fabric as well as the various scratches. The attire did well to serve the soldiers but it's time was done, if only the Nudono had Vulcans that could repair these things. The closest was Romulus but he could only go do far as to make the equipment work. 

Varsus popped on his helmet to make sure it wasn't entirely damaged despite half of it blackened and the visor cracked. He hopped up and handed it to Vox, "Sir! We have new orders!" 

Vox was quick to slide on the helm as orders were just now being communed, a heavy sign escaping the helmet before taking it off with swiftness and barked, "Rylast, Equinox and Chaox, you're with me. Get whatever repaired equipment we have and reload. We've another task." Though Vox was clearly not happy about this, he was enlightened that none of the three Trandoshans spoke up with the exception of Krexis.

"Sir, I highly recommend taking me. I'm quite fine-" Krexis' protest was cut off immediately by Chaox's deep tone, a luxury spared for moments like this.

"Stay. That's an order from your Chieftain and I. We'll manage with four of us. And if by chance it's close quarters most the way it will be an easy task. We cannot risk our recon. Rest, and eat well." Chaox explained in a more distance yet aggressive tone, showing that orders were to be followed regardless of the situation with warning. 

Twenty minutes passed as the quad of lizards put on what armor for them and what were repaired, Chaox leaving the arm plates and ripping off the useless latex fabric from his arms. Equinox and Rylast donned their heavy shields again, this time equipping with more grenades than ever and Vox merely equipped himself with a Puncture, a Type-52 Pistol, a Spiker and Mauler, topped off with plenty of ammunition and two of each grenades. They slipped on their helmets before rushing to their next objective: one of the Corvettes stationed for takeoff. This was a mission, he assumed briefing would take place on one of the ships. 

Before long they arrived and climbed aboard one of the Corvettes, awaiting further orders. Chaox stretched his large arms, muscle regular Trandoshans barely possessed and stated, "Ah! This is much better!" 

Rylast curiously asked, "Was it necessary? We need full protection..." 

Chaox huffed, "The armor I had vary held together. And the suit is holding on by stitches. It's best to leave it than have it in the way." 

Vox wasn't amused by Chaox's attitude. Yes, they may or may not be in close combat, but he was too relaxed for this. But knowing his younger brother, Vox knew that Chaox always got his head right just before the battle. Maybe since he couldn't rest this was his way of expressing it? The Chieftain held his tongue as the Shield Brothers quietly bickered back and forth about their equipment. 

• 2 months later...

Warping out of hyperspace were the remnants of the fleet who'd raided the Sith Shipping Bay. Behind them were two capitol Kyber Class Star Destroyers that had seen some form of damage. Warping just behind the fleet outside the Nar Shaddaa orbit were the Kyber Destroyers that had few pieces missing, one of them the neck of the bridge somewhat concaved and the other seemed to be missing a chunk of put layering however neither has sustained too terrible a beating. What was a moment of stress turned into shock and awe, the stars stretching toward them only to find themselves a moment in the planets view. 
Slinking into the Captain's chair, Vox exhaled loudly, the tension relieving his nerves and shoulders. The man he'd brutalize, a Sargeant Norris Quarl, began to stir and shift and beginning to rise with shaky limbs. That was before Rylast walked over nonchalantly and pressed his metal boot down on the man's back, applying enough force to wake him up and hold him there, but not enough to really do any damage save for the boot print that might be left on his back. Vox smiled just slightly and began to chuckle. Today was not a bad day, and he should be proud of himself. Not only did he, and three other Trandoshan capture two ships filled with enemies, a task which was difficult to the Rebels but he also had a prisoner of war. The fact it took four, Four, Trandoshans who had primitive weaponry bested enemy forces the allies had trouble with, to reiterate. 
That smile turned into a grin once he heard familiar voices over the communications channel of the ship. Equinox and Chaox arguing... again. Whatever it was would need to wait however, Vox looked down to the waking Sargeant then to Rylast who still had his boot pinning down the man. The Chieftain ordered calmly, "Rylast, let him up. Go ahead and start cleaning up the bodies we left here... don't want our guests coming into such a mess." 
"Sir." Rylast said with a quick bow before doing as he was told. Sargeant Quarl took several minutes to slowly rise. He felt like hell, no hangover, not even the torture that was training could compare to this. Norris always was prepared for the unpredictable, even if caught off guard he was quick on his feet. Had he known he was going again a foe who was bigger, stronger, and more skilled than meager pirates there would have been a possibility for victory. But the Sargeant wasn't ready, just like the insurrection within the docking station, no one was prepared for that. 
As they approached the planet Norris looked up through the front panel of the bridge. The Rebel Fleet was still intact, somewhat, courtesy of the Sith Empire. He looked from the fleet to the planet almost recognizing it at first before glancing back to the Trandoshan in the chair. It was then the moment hit Norris like a bombshell, though not tied up or imprisoned yet, he'd been captured... and his entire squadron dead. Glaring at the smiling lizard, the Sargeant demandingly asked, "Where are we?" 
Vox didn't answer as through the door some of the remaining crew of Rebels entered and upon seeing the Imperial aimed their weapons. Upon realizing he was unarmed and seeing their hulking ally sitting idle they moved in to confirm the Sargeant was harmless. He'd been beaten to a pulp and was far too tired and disoriented to even throw a proper punch. A soldier holding him with one arm on each side and a weapon lowered to his stomach, another Rebel used something Vox couldn't see to bound the Imperials hands behind his back. The Trandoshan stood and replied to the Sargeant in the Trandoshan tongue, "Enemy hands." 
Vox then exited the room where the charred and or bodies were lined slumped against the wall. One was missing though and the Chieftain looked to Rylast who stood against the other wall with weapon held against his chest, "There were three?" 
"One survived," The taller tribal answered, "She lost a lot of blood but will receive some form attention for it. I assume she'll be questioned?" 
The Chieftain shrugged as he walked past the Shield Brother who began to follow, "By the Rebels, yes. But by us, they don't want us interrogating soldiers lest they would be dealing with the aftermath. Come, once we land we'll meet the other half of our squadron." 
As soon as they dropped out of Hyperspace Chaox looked through the front panel of the bridge. From here, the planet was beautiful, the massive cities like flickering lightning bugs in the stars and the different shades of blue, green, and other Earthly tones. The last time he had seen a planet like this was Trandosha when they quickly left, but now he could see a planet and not feel sorrow for abandoning it. Chaox knew they would return and Vox would usurp and slay his other half, Atrinox, to free his people and guide them toward a better future. The question was when it would happen. 
Equinox stared at the planet but before he could say anything several Rebel soldiers barged in, and only seeing the two Trandoshans they immediately went to work, stationing themselves to the controls and whatever else Equinox could think of. It didn't matter to him, and it seemed Chaox was reading his mind when the twin began to walk out of the room, the Shield Brother in tow. The two traveled down the hall but would stop against the wall any time some soldiers hurried past them, and they walked in complete silence. Once they arrived to the main door, Chaox took his helmet off, a hissing of oxygen escaping to break the silence.
"So... I guess this is it then." Chaox stated to no one in particular. He leaned against a large metal box, relaxing himself from the insane few days he'd, and everyone else in the War Pack, have had. 
"What is "it" might I ask." The taller twin asked crossing his arms.
Chaox sighed as if annoyed to answer, "The last mission before we can rest. Not certain about Vox, but I'm going to wash up, eat, then sleep." 
"We could have another mission," Equinox intervened, "Gods knowing I could use some rest as well." 
"If we have another, Vox can shove it up his-" Chaox began however was interrupted by his older brothers voice over the comm in the helmet. 
"Shove it up my what, Chaox?" Vox was smirking as he managed his way to the cargo hold where the main doors were, ready to exit as soon as the ship landed.
"V-Vox! I uuhhh... wasn't talking about you! I was talking about Rylast!" The shorter twin backpedaling quickly said, "You know I wouldn't talk smack about you, you know!" 
There was a silence over the comm link, then two hoarse laughters escaped the radio. The comm link clicked off and Chaox could feel his temperature rising. He knew his older brother was nothing short of a trickster, but that fear turned into joy. He hadn't heard Vox laugh in years, even before they left the planet the Nudono Tribe always fought against the Slavers of Trandosha. It's how the twins list their parents, trying to defend the hatchlings before being gunned down. Of course, that was years ago, and this was now. Chaox had secretly hoped he'd get to explore the city and it's wonders, get some adequate rest before taking off again. And he also felt satisfaction for the first time, for the first time in however long the Nudono War Pack finally got their second victory. 
"Choax," Equinox began a bit hesitant, "I'm... Sor... Sooorr... I... apologise for my burst back there..." 
Chaox was silent, contemplating the most reasonable and logical answer, but in all honesty he didn't have an answer. He just simply replied with what popped at the top of his head, "Equinox, I understand your pain, as does everyone else. We're going through the same thing, we've lost everything but ourselves. You asked why I glorify my kills, it's simply to take my mind off it. Fighting the enemy is how I take my mind off it. Vox does by usually either honing his skill or simply undertaking something. We've all grieved over our lost ones, but we must not become drowned in our sorrows. There will come a time this injustice in corrected, but only in due time. Vox made me realize that. And please, for the love of Gods don't do that ever again." 
The rest of the trip was spent on silence between both parties, collecting their thoughts and ready to get a bath and sleep. Most likely Romulus, Varsus and Krexis got that, but they would still be out of commission. Well, Varsus would at least. Vox felt the mission could have gone swiftly had it been the seven of them, even if divided by a three-four team ratio it still could have gone smoothly than what it actually was. And still, the Chieftain knew the three soldiers- two soldiers and engineer would happy to know that the Nudono Tribe hit heavily and successfully without them. They weren't mere pirates, they were the remnants of a near forgotten tribe that would rise again, for better or worse. And it would either be Vox or Atrinox who would lead after their fated meeting. That time was a long ways away, and he couldn't help but feel that things would get much, much difficult in his journey.

• 1 month later...

Processing and regrouping wasn't difficult at all. It wasn't agitation nor impatience that struck the horde of four Trandoshans, instead, it was relief that they would be sent to Nar Shaddaa for a little, "R&R," as the trooper told them aboard a vessel. Whatever that meant. The entire time Vox kept his trap clamped shut, Equinox using alcohol pads and some sort of healing remedy to patch up his wounds. Most would go away, but the slice across his face was still burning and eventually be a permanent scar. Equinox, bless his soul, did nothing to help the pain when he quietly nagged and nipped at his eldest brother. 

"I told you, never fight alone, and what happens?" Or, "Quit moving! These may be burns but they can still get infected by bacteria! Last thing we need is for you to get sick!" Sentences and jabs seemed to aggrivate Vox in a special way, moving on purpose or faking a cough, jesting to his younger brother just enough to piss him off, but nothing to send him over the edge. 

"By gods, mother!" Chaox said across from the two, leaning against a strut with his arms crossed, "Leave him alone, it's bad enough he was defeated by that Black Cloak. He doesn't need to be treated like a hatchling!" 

Equinox turned his head and said, "Hush it, or you're next!" 

"That's enough Equinox." Vox said quietly, but the low rumble of his tone spoke of warning. 

The larger twin stood and put away a medical kit given to him, huffing as he sat down next to the leaning Chaox. It was true, Vox had lost to one of those "Sith," but maybe it was what he needed? A chance to see how they fight, what it would be like, and to his surprise he went toe to toe with one. Alas, Vox made a stupid move and it cost him his glaive. And maybe some pride, but still, he was on a ground just slightly below the Sith, and to live to tell the tale was something much more. 

Wounded and surviving soldiers spoke in hushed tones, every now and again looking toward the Trandoshans direction but quickly averting their eyes. It gave Chaox an annoyed look, the chin of his helmet resting just above his eyes. Rylast and Equinox made small talk whilst looking over their weapons and how much ammunition they had left, and Vox couldn't help but meet Chaox's gaze when the younger brother looked over. Vox sighed and shook his head, then waved off his brother. With a grin, Chaox took off his helm fully and set it on a seat, walking toward the small group of soldiers. 

It remained quiet for a few more hours before Vox felt the jerk of the ship. The main doors opened and Chaox found his way over to the three other warriors, grabbing his helmet and slipping it on where it rested just above his eyes. As they grabbed their luggage, the Chieftain asked, "Do I want to know?" 

Chaox smiled and shrugged as he hefted his Puncture, "I'll tell you later." 

After they exited the landing area, the quad of reptilians walked in complete silence either deep in thought or waiting to wash up and rest. While Vox didn't have much for sleep he was all too awake to even close his eyes. One day, he thought, one day he'd retrieve his glaive. Only now he needed a new weapon to combat the Sith, maybe forging a sword this time, training with more dexterity and balance while keeping his emotions hinged. That day was a long ways from here, and now he needed to assess any damage and lost equipment. 

Once they arrived at their "home" Chaox stopped Box just before they entered the two story building. He waited until Equinox and Rylast were inside and fir the door to close shut to speak" Rumors are going around about us Vox."

"By gods," Vox sighed. Well, it was better to be called weak than be dead on that ship, "Do I even need to know?" 

"Oh," Chaox corrected, his brothers tone catching him off guard, "It's nothing bad! It's actually good!" 

Vox craned a scaly brow and said, "Continue?"

Chaox cleared his throat, trying to find the words to say what cane next, "Apparently half those squads... Well less than half, witnessed your battle with the Black Cloak. I "interrogated" them a little for more information, and it turns out they kept calling you... Um... Something with a J, I don't know what the word was. But anyway, they were surprised you went one on one, blow for blow with that witch. So... You can find victory in your loss... I guess. But if we keep this up we could build a good reputation Vox!" 

Vox shook his head, he couldn't contain the smile across his face, "Well, like you said, a victory in a defeat. This only gives us time to recover and decide a strategy on hunting us a Black Cloak, maybe Romulus can think of something. For now, rest brother, there is still a lot of work to do." 

The younger twin nodded before entering the house, the door sliding shut behind him. With a huff, Vox merely stood at the door, his thoughts running amok. His mind took him back to when his father, Paradox, died, and Atrinox quickly took over. They were both gifted with Divines word, yet his own twin brother denied the guidance, instead opting for his own path. Divine however guided Vox to defend his people, he was foresaw the exile, hijacked a ship in which he was guided to follow a specific route. Those that followed died when crashing on the ice world, and hijacked yet another ship.

They were then founded by the Alliance, or it's Empire rather. But why? Why here of all places? The sky reaching towers of bustling flying cars, the busy streets, flashing lights, none of it were natural. The mental question came with no answer, and Vox pushed it away. Maybe he was insane, maybe he had a brain eating virus, maybe... Nothing. Maybe it was just his own subconsciounce, or, maybe Divine really did guide him the right direction... But if so, where were the answers? He shook his head once more as he began to enter the building. 

Something shot through his body, almost like a jolt of energy that nearly made him jump. Vox began to question if he'd taken more damage than he thought until he picked up a hollar. He turned out of the doorway and looked around, seeing various strangers walk about until he noticed an individual waving a gloved hand back and forth. Vox squinted to see it was one of those Humans, one in uniform he could add who seemed a bit excited. 

The Chieftain looked around again but when no one in particular approached her, he'd assumed she was talking to him. Stepping out of the building, his Puncture latched onto the back of his armor and a Spiker to the side, he strode toward her. The closer Vox got the better he could see her, and the smaller she appeared. Then again, compared to an armored Trandoshan many were in fact smaller than him. He stopped three feet when he realized something latched onto her hip. It was one of the blades, much like with what that Sith had, however the detail a bit different. Growing suspicious, something told Vox to ease his mind but he wasn't having any of it, despite the tug of calmness, he was a stubborn lizard at best. 

"Something I can help you with?" Vox asked skeptically in Common Trandoshan, keeping a good distance. He wasn't sure if this stranger was an assailant, he wasn't sure if she'd been an ally, but regardless he wanted to be careful. After all, Vox didn't have his glaive, and it left him feeling a tad vulnerable.

Raising a scaly brow, Vox listened as the woman spoke. She clearly didn't understand basic Trandoshan but he could understand Common. When he saw her tapping something on a data pad his glance became a curious one. What she was doing intrigued him, maybe recording his appearance? Perhaps he won something, or maybe Romulus, bless his heart, stuck to his old ways and stole an item. A moment later he heard a harsh toned woman's in his species common language and was handed the pad. 

Vox almost seemed list for a moment before realizing the key pad had Trandoshan alphabet on it. She couldn't speak his language, so she used the device for translation from speaking to hearing. He input the the words on the data pad, however his armored and meaty fingers proved that difficult. Handing the pad back, Vox spike what was written on the pad, unsure how to get it to translate what he had wrote. 

"I will come only if you'll tell me of this Order." Vox's reply, both typed and spoken, clearly had skepticism. 

And then it began to come back, what Chaox said about these rumors spreading about the chieftain. He said it started with a jay, and Vox couldn't help but feel it was the word Jedi. However he brushed it aside, it could have been a different word altogether or maybe that was it. His focus was on the woman though, and he'd figured his answers would come later. 

Vox juggled the words in his mind. Something urged him to go, strongly yet nothing forced. The Force, something he'd heard of for first time and was curious of it. But his eyes narrowed as soon as the woman said Sith. Black Cloaks, Sith, the memory came crashing hard when his ship crashed on that ice world. All because of what? Power? A small stolen ship that was to be scrapped anyhow? It was a petty reason to kill, and Vox felt let me shouldn't be taken without a just cause or proper purpose. The only reason he agrees to help these people was to make sure his own were safe, and already half the War Pack were bruised and beaten and tired 

Vox thought on what the woman said, he was willing to do whatever to gain the strength needed for his people, and though he would never admit it Vox was desperate for any help. His head wavered just barely in thought before stating, "As long as it gives more more information on how to defeat these Black Cloaks, or Sith as you call them, then so be it."