Tempay

Tarrian Skywalker

The pain in Jareth's mnd continued as he moved. It echoed in his head and shot through him like a cold shock.

Forgive me for I have sinned.

It repeated in his head like a message and a terrible nightmare. Echoing throughout his mind.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

Nahstaa landed the ship on Tempay and as they glid through the atmosphere, Jareth clutched his head slightly in his hands.

His body, now void of all darkness, did not cling to this message that was being forcibly placed inside. Darkness does not have the same power over the light that light posesses over darkness.

Jareth called upon the force to sooth and protect his mind from any further disruption.

As he exited the ship, the jedi made his way to Master Kirlocca, who was easy enough to find, even among the many force weilders that had already arrived.

"Master, you requested me." he said as he strianed to bend his leg and knelt before the towering wookiee.

*Kirlocca paused. For a brief second, he thought he felt Gantoris. The jedi master shook it off.*

"Jareth, You are going to go before the jedi council and prove that you have left behind all darkside energy."

*This wasn't news to either of them, but it was important to restate.*

"I know that you already knew this, but, when you go in there, try to kep your eye contact on Ara. She is the on that you must convice."

*The wookiee looked towards the group of jedi now swarming the council.*

"After that, is you get the chance....try to find me. I have some questions...and I know that you have answers..."

*The jedi master looked into the sky, just for good measures.*

"May the force be with you, Jareth."

Jareth rose to his feet and, leaning on his crutch, ambled his way into a very peacefully set room where Ara, head of the jedi order, was waiting for him.

"Master, I am here as you requested." As he spoke he bowed his head low to show respect, and then caught her eye as Master Kirlocca had instructed him to do.

Amid all the debate and technicals, Malin wandered off on his own, searching around the old rebel base, looking for something, but for the life of him he cannot put his finger on it. As he does he makes notes to himself along the way.

Heating system should be protected since we're at the poles. Vents look too small for people to crawl through, though some alarms and laser traps there could be useful...

Given his own background, his agile mind works to countering what he would do if he were to try and break in. In essence he wanders further, not actively seeking or even really seeing, but letting his force given intuition pull him.

He approaches the end of a long corridor and steps into a darkened room. The lights switch on and Malin is pleasantly surprised. A small terrarium is in there, possibly set up to counter the barren wasteland of the poles. The grass is overlong and underwatered, and a few small bushes are in need of pruning, but there's a sense of peace and tranquility here. Malin reaches into his comm and sends out a call to the other Jedi.

"Kyrell here. I've found the new meditation chamber in the lower levels of the base. Over and out."

Malin's lightsaber flickers on, the black light of the blade springing to life. With a surgeon's skill he gently prunes several shrubs and finally, espying several large, uneven rocks, levels their tops to make them appropriate for sitting. He wonders if a holoprojector could be applied to the ceiling, but realizes that not quite a priority.

Making his way back to his friends, he joins up with the Jedi leaders, making note of his security recommendations and then with a passive curiosity, observes Jareth, gently probing the repentant Jedi with the force as he presents himself.

Malin.jpg

What drew out such power from your machine was truly the drive of your soul... It was your 'Id'. The sign of the purpose you've been seeking... The mark of a natural born assassin!

Planetary defense shield to cover the base to repel direct air raids

3 Golan defense platforms

1 Interstellar hangar

2 ion cannons

2 power generators. One to power the shield and one to power the base.

((Uhh...Hou-Jo? I took care of the base shields, and we already have a base generator, and I also thought planetary shields were illegal?))

Finally finished, Aryian stood back to admire his work. He had gne to retrieve something the Jedi carried very sparsely, ysalamiri serum, and there had only been a small amount of it when he had found it. He had injected half of it into the lubrication system, and the other half around the control panel, running a slight anti-force bubble around the generator.

Now the only way to turn it off was to have a shield bubble, or to overload the shield itself. Magnificent.

The shield flickered once, and went out. Almost lowering himself to profanity once more, he gave the control box a swift kick, which started the shield up again. Making sure it would not go off again, he left to join the rest of the Jedi group out near the ships, noting his ship was gone.

"SHE STOLE MY SHIP!!!"

The thought jarred through him all at once, remembering Jurha's words as he was working. He was too busy to answer, and he didn't think...everyone was staring at him for a few moments, before he balled his fists and walked off towards the hangar. He would make sure she had something she needed.

Reaching the hangar, he found the one thing he really wanted to find: A modified B-Wing in top-of-the-line condition. Poifecto.

Grinning almost evilly yet again, another number of sounds and curses echoed forth from the hangar as the mad professor went to work. Err...Aryian went to work.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Ara nodded to Ben'a. "That is true as well. I never said to abandon the galaxy--we just need to remember how we started while we help them. No betrayals, no uneccessary sacrifices, none of that anymore. That said, that includes stopping corruption through other channels than just ourselves--including that election. If you'd like, Ben'a, you could assemble a team to oversee it and watch to make sure the voting is fair--even if that means, Force forbid, that Geki wins." Her eyes narrowed. "If that happens, we'll have Jedi hovering over him every moment to watch his every move."

As she spoke, she noticed one man in particular was paying a little too much attention to her. Ara frowned and stepped over to him.

"You don't have to bow so low, dear. Please, stand up. You seem hurt as it is, anyway." She extended a hand out to him. "You're Jareth, correct?"

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

(OOC: This comm does not mean Geki knows the location of this base. His only interest is contacting Aryian, whose comm code he retrieved from his dead body on Ryloth.)

*Comm for Aryian Darkfire. It is encrypted so as to prevent it being recorded, and its point of origin is Coruscant.*

'Hello, Master Jedi. This is Governor Jidai Geki.

'I was thinking about our altercation on Ryloth some time ago, and it occurs to me that I thoroughly enjoyed snapping your bones as if they were kindling. I confess that I currently find myself at a loose end, and seek entertainment as such.

'I know that you Jedi supposedly don't take revenge, but I would remind you that I crushed you as effortlessly as I crushed a fly. If any part of you would like to see that act avenged, would like to defeat me in combat, then I urge you to accept my challenge. Go to Coruscant, and there you will find me, waiting.'

Geki1.jpg

http://www.themire.co.uk-- being a veracious and lurid account of the goings-on in the savage Mire and the sootblown alleys of Portstown's Rookery!

Out of the darkness Isolder reemerges into the galaxy. The white robed figure arrives at the new base, eager to help the Jedi once again.

The Ancestral Spirits have sought fit to give me a new body, and a new life. I will not let them down again.

Isolder hand found himself reborn on the rocky hills of Tempay. Unsure of why he had been brought back at this location he had soon felt the presence of the Jedi. The Blademaster requested permission to enter the base.

moon3.jpg

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good. Nightmare to you!"

((OOC: I will just assume that Bron left Haruun Kal on his own ship, and arrived here just now, I dont have time to post in the other two threads, so bear with me))

IC:

The Silver Emerged from hyperspace after some navigatonal errors, having to do with some hasty calculations made in their departure. Bron was in the back, contemplating the universe, and working over what he had heard of the force, and the events of his brief time on the Jedi Base. He was somewhat disorented still, but he would not let that rule him. He landed on the moon, gathered his things and departed the ship, locking it down as usual. It did not take him much time to find Ben'a as the installation was quite small. He did not say anything, just stood silently a short distance away, waiting for the Jedi to find his own time to approach.

There is no emotion; There is peace.

There is no ignorance; There is knowledge.

There is no passion; There is serenity.

There is no death; There is the Force.

Everything the Jedi live and strive for is included herein.

Kayla stood in respectful silence and listed to the Masters' discussion. She did not think the woman's statement was cheesy at all. She may have not been among the Jedi very long but she found herself agreeing with the words being spoken. She remembered what Rhobert Mhin had to say about the Jedi before he died; he had said that they were 'upholders of justice, protectors of the innocent...' He had also mentioned that he believed them to be weak. While Kayla wasn't so sure she believed the last part, she knew in her heart that the first was true.

"Follow your heart, Kayla." The voice echoed in her mind, "Listen to what you know is true." Another one echoed the first. One voice was distinctly feminine, the other, distinctly masculine. Both were soft and gentle. For all of her life on board Rhobert's spice freighter, the Shadow Venture, she had heard the voices. Who they were, she did not know, but it was they who led her to the Jedi after Rhobert's death. They whispered words of comfort, words of warning, instruction and words of encouragement when her life seemed to be worthless. She rarely heard them, but she had learned to pay close attention when they spoke.

The sound of footsteps brought her out of her thoughts, another Jedi approached; he was limping. Kayla remembered him from Haruun Kal but didn't know who he was. He addressed the woman who had spoken earlier and bowed. The woman spoke again and then the glowing-blue image of another Jedi said something but Kayla was too far away to hear everything. She wondered if the meeting was over, and if it was, if she could go get something to eat. She didn't want to be rude and run out on the Masters but her stomach was beginning to growl. She hoped it wasn't as loud as it sounded to her.

km35qv.jpg

Aero says:

good lick

Aero says:

*LUCK

Aero says:

I MEANT LUCK

Ben'a nodded at Ara-Lai's reply, bowed, and turned to leave the audience chamber to mull over what he should do next. The answer to that came almost immediately as he caught sight of Bron Dakari, whom he had bound as his latest apprentice. With a nod and a wave, he caught the young man's attention, and walked over to him.

"I'm glad to see that you've made it," he said to Bron, his voice low so as not to distract the other Jedi present. "That battle at our former temple was a tough one; it was not something for you to get involved with, and I am glad you chose to leave while you were able. Come with me, and we will begin your training in ernest..."

Malin Kyrell's earlier comm had perked Ben'a's attention, and with an acknowledging nod to the Jedi Master as he passed, the Knight lead his Padawan down to the base's lower level, and sure enough at the end of a dimly-lit corridor, he found that quiet place to begin Bron's training. After using the Force to move a couple of the now-flattened rocks into close proximity at the center of the room, Ben'a sat upon the farthest one, and beckoned for Bron to join him.

"Now tell me," he began in an almost fatherly voice, "what do you know of the Force?"

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Jasyn landed his ship, the Columbia Challenger, and slowly walked off the YT-2400. Maybe this would stop the voices in his head. The voices telling him to follow his destiny, to go to Tempay. And maybe stop that voice asking him to join it, the very evil voice.

Maybe he was just a crazy young man...

Perhaps he could find out what this 'Jedi' is too.

=/\=

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Jesus is the way...

Aryian grabbed his comm, flaring one back as soon as it finished.

He continued working on the B-Wing, noting another newcomer ((Jasyn)).

"Hey you! Come here for a moment."

The young man walked over calmly, and as he neared, Aryian tried to untangle himself from the mess of wires on the outside of the ship.

"Here, hold this cooling tube for a second. I'm not a Xexto, you know...On second thought..." He cut off there, instead using the force to levitate the part in midair while he worked. The shocked look on the boy's face was apparent.

"What? You've never seen a Jedi before?" Aryian groaned, and went back to what he was working on.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Jareth was comforted by the light that radiated from the powerful jedi standing before him. He spoke plainly and answered her question.

"Yes, M'lady, My name is Jareth Vermillios."

"Only that it is an mystical energy field, and that thus far, it has eluded my efforts to 'feel' it, I heard about it somewhere in my drifting, and thought id seek the Jedi out, because of the ideals that they follow."

There is no emotion; There is peace.

There is no ignorance; There is knowledge.

There is no passion; There is serenity.

There is no death; There is the Force.

Everything the Jedi live and strive for is included herein.

Ben'a thought to himself for a moment as Bron told him briefly what he knew of the Force. It didn't surprise the Jedi Knight that he had been unable to feel it yet, for he didn't seem to really know what it was. That was something he intended to remedy, however.

"The Force is an energy field, yes, however it is hardly 'mystical'. Quite simply, the Force is everywhere; it is all around us, even now in this very room." His voice was no longer the light, friendly tone it usually was, instead, Ben'a was speaking in low, reverberating tones, that carried with them subtle currents of the Force to help guide his pupil along the path to knowledge. "It binds us, it guides us, and indeed, it helps us when we ask it to. The Force is a tool that responds to our every movement, to our every thought, and to our every feeling. It is the energy that connects all living beings throughout the galaxy, and even extends into the very rocks we sit upon, the very soil we tread upon, and even through the vacum of deep space and the vessels we fly through it upon.

"To know the Force is to know yourself. When you know yourself to be at peace, to be one with your surroundings, the Force will let you see far beyond normal boundries. When you know yourself to be engaged in battle, ready to protect those that cannot protect themselves, the Force will allow you to perform feats far beyond what normal beings are capable of. But there is always a danger with the Force..." With his eyes closed, Ben'a began to levetate slightly above the stone upon which he sat.

"Whenever a Jedi is called to action, or when he is at peace, he must keep in mind the words and teachings of his Code.

There is no emotion, there is peace.

There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.

There is no passion, there is serenity.

There is no chaos, there is harmony.

There is no death, there is the Force.

These words and their meaning hold special significance to all of us who use the Force in what is known as the 'light side'. They serve as signposts on the great journey of life; for that is what life is, a never-ending trek through the looming perils of everyday circomstance. Do you have any questions about what I have told you?"

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Aryian grabbed his comm, flaring one back as soon as it finished.

He continued working on the B-Wing, noting another newcomer ((Jasyn)).

"Hey you! Come here for a moment."

The young man walked over calmly, and as he neared, Aryian tried to untangle himself from the mess of wires on the outside of the ship.

"Here, hold this cooling tube for a second. I'm not a Xexto, you know...On second thought..." He cut off there, instead using the force to levitate the part in midair while he worked. The shocked look on the boy's face was apparent.

"What? You've never seen a Jedi before?" Aryian groaned, and went back to what he was working on.

"Uh, I don't know." He knew it probably sounded strange but it was the truth. He sighed and watched the Jedi work on his ship.

=/\=

For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him, shall not perish, but have eternal life.

Jesus is the way...

Scorp listened silently he didn't move he just listen then something grabbed his attention. While he wondered what it was he glanced at his padawan and then he figured it out. Giving a bow he silently left and took Kayla with him. Returning to his ship he went into the back and brough out some ration bars.

Grinning sheepishly

"Well it all I have at the moment. Umm they might be a little stale."

Then noting that he himself hadn't eaten for at least 48 hours he grabbed a few more before sitting down in a chair and laid them on his table.

"I do belive they are suppose to taste like various food items from fruits to meats. However I haven't eaten one yet."

Then looking them over he grabbed one with a red wrapper and bit into it.

IT tasted quite sweet and was unexpected. HE was used to ration bars that tasted like nothing or like dirt. It was quite refreshing.

After he ate a couple and she ate a few and there were a few left he wondered just how good she was with levatation.

"Can you levate one of thes ration bars?"

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Ara looked over to Hale and nodded. Good idea. Lead the way. I'll take Jareth there.

The young Master turned her head to look at Jareth once more and took one of his hands to help him up. She used the Force and throughout his body a wave of healing spread out, making his limp even less noticeable. Ara smiled kindly, feeling no more outward darkness in the man.

"No need for formalities, Jareth. We do need to discuss some things, though. I suggest that we move to the council chambers inside the base." She looked over the group. "Kirlocca, you should come, too. Hou-Jo, if you could continue on the defense building, I'd appreciate it. You could join as well, if you wish. You too, Malin. I'd like you to be there."

Ara nodded to Hale. "Lead the way. I'm still not too sure of the layout of this place, though I suggest we all memorize it at some point."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Look! ART!!!

The ration bars actually did taste pretty good, to Kayla's mild surprise. And, it did quell the noise coming from her stomach.

"Can you levate one of thes ration bars?"

Kayla glanced up in surprise then nodded. "Sure."

She took a breath and closed her eyes. Okay, how hard can this be?

In her mind's eye she pictured the ration bar floating in front of her face, just like she had with the metal on Scorp's ship earlier.

This time, however, she opened her eyes to see if she could do it with her eyes open. The bar wasn't floating yet and the effort made beads of sweat pop out on her forehead.

She sighed and closed her eyes, trying again. See it float...

km35qv.jpg

Aero says:

good lick

Aero says:

*LUCK

Aero says:

I MEANT LUCK

Jareth began to wince as the pain left his leg only to realize that there was no pain. The healing process, for jareth as a sith, had always been quite chaotic. This was a new sensation, and one he quite enjoyed.

He followed the flock of High ranking jedi through the temple taking careful consideration of the many passageways and rooms that shot off of main hallways.

As he chanced putting a bit more weight on his injured knee, he was relieved that the pain was almost completely gone.

The journey ended in a large circular room which Jareth could only assume was the main council chambers.

The former sith knew what was about to take place, and he was ready to recount the details of his life. He sincerely hoped that perhaps, from his transgressions, the jedi could learn and grow stronger against the sith, and clearing the air abour his former life would surely help him heal his internal wounds. Darkness was gone, but the hole it once occupied was far from filled.

Malin follows the others in, keeping his head down in thought, feelings searching out towards Jareth with a light, gentle touch.

Silently taking a stand behind Ara, Kyrell turns and faces Jareth, the red glow of his face visor pulsing softly. There was no danger that he felt from Jareth, only a kind of emptiness and resolution. Still, Malin, perhaps dallying close to insubordination crept out with the force, whispering and grazing the edge of Jareth's consciousness as Malin conducted his own test.

Such a vast emptiness here....

The words are unformed, but the empathetic print in them is undeniable, more or less translating out. Malin outwardly betrays no hint of this probe and temptation, but hopes it will prove fruitful in the end. If nothing else, it would ease any remenants of doubt from his cautious mind.

So much darkness encompassing the soul. Can you really hope for redemption after all your have done?

Do you think you can foresake the Dark Side so easily? What of the power it brings. Didn't that lack of power lead you to your bittery betrayal? If not redemption, do you think these Jedi can forgive you? If you cannot succeed, why even try?

It won't be easy... Do you really want to do this? The Dark Side could achieve the same ends you know...

Images of Jareth striking down galactic tyrants appears before his eyes- all falling under his saber. He hails in a new era of peace and prosperity with that power flowing out of his hands, reshaping reality as he wishes.

What do you say Jareth? What is your choice?

Malin.jpg

What drew out such power from your machine was truly the drive of your soul... It was your 'Id'. The sign of the purpose you've been seeking... The mark of a natural born assassin!

At this further intrusion to Jareth's mind, he acted somewhat agressively.

Through deep inflection, he forcibly removed all outside forces from his mind. As a sith, he could have shattered the mind of any intruder. His master, Tarrian was a true expert at the mental abilities that the darkside offered, and she spared nothing trying to educate Jareth in these arts. That was behind him now.

The thought of harming the intruder was nothing more than a passing thought, and he dismissed it as habit more than desire. Instead, he simply shielded his mind. True, he had shut his mind off upon arriving here, but perhaps some thoughts slipped through enough for Kyrell to extract something.

He then spoke aloud rather than answering mentally.

"My choices will be made apparent in due time, and they are mine to make. The questions you pose are not yours to ask. I will however, respond to one of your inquiries. Forgiveness is not given, but recieved. The question you should have asked, is 'Will I be able to accept it,' and, honestly, I cannot say."

Kyrell remains motionless at Jareth's declaration, his own mind and thoughts closed off as he contemplates this new development.

"It will be a hard road," he states aloud in his soft spoken voice, barely above a whisper. "Acceptance of forgiveness and the humility to own up to one's sins are the toughest choices anyone can make."

At that Malin fearless and openly took a great gamble and dropped his own defenses utterly, leaving himself and his own experience and mind wide open for any to view... and his inner-most self exposed without any recourse should anyone decide to strike.

Growing up at Nephelem, raised in the arts of those preverse Sith outcasts... The schism in and slaughter of the cult that sired and fostered him... The blackness of insanity and rage... the drowning of all emotion- being a cold, inhuman, pitless killer with the very touch of death... killing even the woman you loved with that touch. Suffering, grief, and anguish... Enough to encompass a whole lifetime- more sins than most mortals could bear... too much pain from a life time ago... so much pain...

And Hope. Peace. Friendship. Love. All of it embodied in a single rose given by his master, the promise of using one's gifts and experiences to create a new future and a new person. The Code and the Training were there, but so was the sense of the Force- from people, life, and living.

Malin.jpg

"Cute," Jareth muttered as he witnessed the dark past of the jedi before him.

He spoke nothing more, and lowered his eyes waiting for Master Ara to begin his inquisition.

Malin raises the barriers again, still maintaining his stiff pose. For a moment he tries searching Jareth for some sign of emotion, change, or impact, but decides to relax and ease up. The red visor turns to Ara to let her pick up and begin in earnest.

Malin.jpg

Scorp watched the amount of concentration it took for her to try and lift the ration bar. Perhpas having her eyes open was distracting for her since there were many things to draw her attention.

"Interesting."

Scorp could then see her about to have a break through.

Well if she can do it with her eyes open then I'll move on to a different abililty and let her learn how to leviate bigger things later.Scorp though to himself.

However if she is unable then I shall let her feel the force through me upon which she should then be able to do it with extreme ease.

Scorp continued to watch to see if she would be able to lift it with her mind.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

*Kirlocca had done what he was told and followed them into the council chambers, but remained quite. He stood there and only watched the percedings. He kept his eyes on Jareth...trusting that he would do what was right in his heart, yet at the same time, wondering why Hale had not yet taken physical form yet.*

Why did she request that I come...

*The jedi master tried his best to focus his thoughts...but he could not find a single thought that should hold the center of his mind...*