Kuat

Exodus

ShadowFett struggled to comprehend what his eyes had seen emanate from the Meggido and wash over the Justice to strike the planet below, but he got the distinct feeling that his use of ysalamiri had saved him yet again.

"Ops, what the shab just happened?" he commed back to KDY.

"The blast targeted Kuat City, Captain." Jan Ors' voice sounded shaken. "No response from the surface, and scans seem to suggest we won't be getting one."

Moon Knight exhaled heavily. He had failed, then, to stop Faust's plans, despite bringing to bear every resource he had available. Conventional troops had been worthless, Darkfire's slip toward the dark side unrewarded, and Fett's own best efforts ultimately insufficient. The dar'jetii had been in pretty bad shape at a few points over the course of their battle, but he had continued to draw vitality from the dying men around him, and after what he had just pulled off, Fett had little doubt he would be even stronger now than ever before.

ShadowFett had battled Jedi and Sith, Imperial troops, Royal Guardsmen, Arach'tar and more all in his current lifetime. Through his power as Moon Knight he had vicariously battled many many more foes of dramatically varying power. But he had never encountered anything like what Faust had become -- a monster that reminded him of all-but-forgotten ancient tales of a Sith Emperor. No one man, not Mand'alor or the strongest jetii out there, could stand against him now.

"2277, Station Control? Calculate all possible destinations along the last known trajectory," he ordered. "I'd like a guess at where Faust is headed next." Not likely, given that Faust's paranoia would make him all but guaranteed to make precautionary jumps to keep Fett from doing just that. But it was the best lead the beroya had at the moment.

In the meantime, he had an unconscious Jedi Master to deal with. The Mando'ad carried Darkfire back to the cot where he had some medical equipment set up and did a full scan of his condition while removing his buy'ce and dumping his repulsor pack and weapons off nearby. He was sweating quite thoroughly and his muscles ached, but he had managed to emerge from his battle against Faust without serious injury. It didn't mean he wasn't looking forward to his next sanisteam.

The scans came back saying Darkfire was in a coma, and it wasn't likely to be a healing trance given the ysalamir he'd had in the cockpit. So he set up an IV and administered the drugs he had onhand to try and bring Darkfire out of it -- after making sure the ysalamir was close by in case Aryian was not himself if and when he came to.

iTJBZId.png

Slowly, painfully, Aryian opened his eyes...and closed them. He was on board a ship, and Fett was nearby, as was an ysalamir. At great labor, he spoke, his voice dry and raspy.

"Bacta...painkillers..."

After the latter was administered, Aryian let out a long sigh, soft but purposeful. He had seen everything that had happened, helpless to stop it. Ares was once again shut away, the coma and ysalamir giving the Grey Master the upper hand mentally against his dark persona. Hopefully, it would be the last time the rogue 'personality' managed to escape.

"We need to talk. Obviously. What do you do, Mand'alor, with the old and feeble in your culture?"

With what just happened, Fett wasn't likely to be in a mood to play verbal games with a Jedi, not to mention the fact that he was probably pissed with Aryian, for good reason. Despite Fett not knowing what exactly had happened with the Grey Master, Aryian would still be pissed were he in his boots. Hopefully, Fett would know this was an honest question.

Immediately reachable by  charlesjhall@gmail.com

Blz1mwg.png

Never once had ShadowFett gotten a good read on Darkfire. He could tolerate a little bit of philosophical osik, however, if it helped him verify that the jetii was himself and no longer a threat.

"Mando'ade fight, so only the best last that long," he answered. "They continue to contribute to their clan by passing their knowledge on to benefit the younger ones. Otherwise, they have earned the right to some peace and quiet."

Now in his upper thirties, Fett was... seasoned. Just a bit past his physical peak with technology being what it was. He would stay competitive for many more years or until he joined the manda. He had no preference between dying well in battle and staying on top of his game long enough to retire and pass the title of Mand'alor to someone younger and more able. Both were good ends.

iTJBZId.png

Aryian chuckled, which turned into a cough, and there was a little blood that came up and spattered down his chest.

"Sorry. So...I don't even fit into your culture. I mean, not like I...ngg...even did before."

Aryian winced halfway through what he was saying, trying to roll more towards Fett, but it was a bad idea and very painful. Sighing, he laid back down where he was. He wasn't the young spry man he used to be, heck, he wasn't even in his early fifties like when he first met Fett. He'd lost track of his age a long time ago, but if he had to wager a guess, it was late fifties to early sixties, and boy did he certainly feel that old.

"I have a problem, my friend. I'm too old to really be of use to anyone anymore, I'm obviously a danger to those around me. Believe me or not, and I don't blame you if you don't, but that...wasn't me back there. I mean...me, me. It's a long explanation, but this only goes to show that I can't contain it as well as I thought I could. And yet, I'm still skilled enough that I can't find an honorable death in battle. I think I'm cursed to either suffer a dishonorable death, or to simply keep walking through this universe until I turn to dust."

He closed his eyes for a moment, just trying to push the pain out of his mind, harder than it sounded without the Force.

"I know. You hate exposition. Just...I'm sorry. It feels like I'm the reason this whole thing fell to shambles, and it sucks gundark balls. I still value you as a friend and ally, I just...I'm a little afraid of losing that. The last thing I want is Mand'alor himself pissed at me."

Blz1mwg.png

ShadowFett wasn't sure how Darkfire had found out that he was Mand'alor, but it might mean that other aruetiise knew as well. He would have to be extra careful going forward. It wouldn't look good to a lot of people if they heard that the closest thing to a leader of the clans was working as a CoreSec cop, and the last thing he wanted to was to make enemies and have them go after his people. Not that they were vulnerable, of course, but they did not need Fett's personal enemies mobilizing against them as a race.

That idea was still less repulsive than Darkfire's self-pity, though. "Listen to yourself, Darkfire," he said, his reaction showing on his unmasked face. "What's done is done. A warrior learns from his defeats, cuts away the slack and moves decisively forward. Faust is still out there, and he has the potential to be as destructive as the Arach'tar. I can't fight him alone -- no one can." He wished like shab that he had Mirdala to back him up. The team he wanted going after Faust included her, Darkfire at his best, and Kirlocca.

"We cannot stop pursuit now. There are few men in the galaxy who can stand up to Faust now, and we are among them. When I catch up to him, I want you there to hukaat'kama. But I need you to be in control, I need to be able to trust you to pull your weight or the whole galaxy will suffer. I need a Jedi Master, not an angsty teenager. And maybe that honorable death waits at the end of this road." He couldn't imagine caring so much about whether they took down Faust if he died. There was kote down this path.

iTJBZId.png

"You know, for someone who has been declared by all rights to be in complete mastery of my emotions, you have absolutely none yourself. I mean, come on. No man is an island, not even you. You either are a sociopath, or you're going to have a serious breakdown someday when some serious shab happens to you, brother. Wouldn't hurt to show the slightest ounce of empathy - or god forbid, sympathy - every once in a while."

Aryian sat up, wincing and holding back some of the worst pain he'd ever felt without aid of the Force in his life. Gritting his teeth, and with a mildly pissed off look, he glared a bit at Fett, staring him down briefly before continuing.

"Angsty kriffing teenager...seriously? I have warts on my buttcheeks older than you. Well, they're probably burned off now, but still. You're one hell of a warrior, I know your capabilities, but if I'm an angsty teenager then you have an elitist complex."

For a moment longer, Aryian glared, before sighing and looking down to gently hold his forehead, a new line of fiery stinging pain flaring up in the taut portions of his still-healing skin.

"Sorry. I sound like when Armiena and I used to fight. Just get us there, I'll do my job, and this time around you shouldn't have to worry about 'dark side drake' popping out and going all ishi-tib punk rock."

Aryian laid back down, allowing the bacta to do its work. Honestly, he hoped what he'd said about Ares was right, but the fact remained that if it happened this time unexpectedly, there was no telling what could be the trigger of Ares escaping the 'mental prison' again in the future. As it stood, Aryian usually had to exert some kind of minimal concentration as it was to keep him under wraps, and now...well, now he wasn't sure what was necessary. Or if it would work.

"And don't ask about how I got the warts. It's a long story that involves a Askajian stripper and an illegal bottle of genetically modified cognac."

Blz1mwg.png

ShadowFett had perhaps been a bit blunt, but eloquence wasn't his strong suit. He fired for effect. "There is a time for such emotions. This is not it -- now we hunt, and everything else is on hold until Faust is dead." The truth was, Fett had been through haran before. He had been through torture and betrayal, temptation and incredible peril. People had died around him his whole life. It was the way of the Mando'ade and the way of Moon Knight. It all led to pain and anxiety, and those things could have a profound impact on the human psyche.

So he had learned to turn it all off. He would be a shabla mess if he didn't, for it was not natural for a man to be surrounded by such death and still remain mentally sound.

"Unfortunately, the only lead we have is a hyperspace trajectory, which is most likely worthless," he said. Fett stood up and moved the ysalamir back to the cockpit, removing Darkfire from the bubble in the process. Returning to the jetii, he scratched his chin. "If you can find him with the Force, now is the time. Otherwise, best we can do is try to guess his next target. Given the power that he displayed, it will almost certainly be a population-dense world like Coruscant, Nubia, or Taris."

iTJBZId.png

Aryian retched as Fett removed the ysalamir, still feeling the aftereffect ripples of Force from Faust's attack, especially when he was so close to the origin. Other than that...nothing.

"It doesn't really work like that all the time. Only in rare cases can one Force user feel another across the galactic expanse, and usually it's only after a very close bond has been made between them. I mean, I can try, but we'd have a better chance of finding it by throwing darts at a cork board with lists of planet names on it. Not to mention...whatever he just did caused huge ripples through the.Force. Anyone who has any kind of training in the Force across the galaxy will only be feeling that for a while...good for covering his track in the short-term, at least."

He coughed again, this time there was noticably less blood. At least the bacta was starting to repair his body, small amounts of the gooey red stuff being slowly pumped into his vein through an IV.

"Although, you're probably right with your notion. With this kind of capability, I really only think Faust would be headed to one planet now, and this has to be his endgame. Coruscant would be the logical option for him. Dense population to feed on, and it's the seat of the GA. Wiping it out would disrupt if not unseat the most powerful government this galaxy has seen, while simultaneously...well, possibly making him invincible. I've heard references about the technique before, in old Sith holocrons I've managed to collect over the years, something to make those who use it immortal at great sacrifice. But that it actually exists?"

Blz1mwg.png

ShadowFett considered. "Triple Zero is definitely an eventual target, but the problem is we don't know what's next." A small town on Dantooine, a large city on Kuat. If Faust's attacks were growing in scale, Fett wondered how far it would get. There were very old legends about Sith consuming entire worlds... the Mando'ad couldn't imagine something like that happening in the present day, but Faust just might constitute that level of threat. He wondered briefly at the political implications that such an attack -- and indeed even the attacks so far -- could hold. There had always been the threat of a jetii slipping to the dark side and becoming a galactic tyrant, but Faust's feats made this possibility even more dire when the droten started realizing that the Force could be used to kill billions at a time.

On the other hand, the Jedi Order could point out something that was most likely true -- the Sith were learning this power, and who was better equipped to stop them than Jedi Knights?

"Might there be a way to counteract or disrupt Faust's technique? Even if we guess where he is, boarding his ship, fighting through his agents and putting a blaster bolt in his head might take too long. Millions or more could die as a result."

iTJBZId.png

"Well...every technique takes concentration, and the more complicated it is, the more concentration it would take. I would imagine the smaller scale stuff he did down at the shipyards would take a lot less out of him than something on that large a scale. It could be disrupted, but not indefinitely. It might allow for a small window of opportunity for a larger attack."

He thought for a moment, going over tactics, everything he could ever draw on in his experience.

"We're going to need the GA."

Blz1mwg.png

ShadowFett nodded. "I'm inclined to agree. The Meggido wouldn't last long under a fleet assault. Now that we have the records of this incident, the GA will be looking for that ship. No doubt Faust's technique could be used on a star cruiser as well, but we don't know how much time he needs or how frequently he can do it."

One thing was clear, the Mando'ad surmised -- it was going to be costly to take down Faust. He could protect himself from the ritual with his ysalamir, as had just proven effective here. But every time Faust used the ritual, even in a battle that would ultimately claim his life, could cost thousands or millions of lives. Traditionally, he cared little about the lives of aruetiise, fighting instead for personal glory and self-improvement, but becoming Moon Knight had a way of affecting his priorities.

iTJBZId.png

• 1 month later...

Aryian woke up from his coma-like restful sleep, now almost completely healed from his injuries.

"We're still here? Shit, let's go chase this sucker down. I bet he's popped his head up by now. As long as he's not involved with one of our aliases, of course."

He didn't expect Fett to understand that last bit, but it wasn't that important anyways. What was important was the fact that Aryian's author had stopped being a lazy c***bag and actually wrote a post that was a couple sentences long.

Blz1mwg.png

• 2 years later...

The taciturn commander walked slowly to the front of the dimly illuminated briefing room, the sound of his boots on the metallic flooring echoing in his ears. The room was abnormally quiet, the scattered laughter of nervous pilots replaced by a tense shifting. The pilots were uneasy, and Omega could see it in their stern expressions as he passed by their ranks. The battlehardened men had been raised from their slumber in the dead of night by his call. Omega was their captain, in charge of one battlegroup of the Galactic Alliance. Above him in the chain of command was General Ashburn, a Kuati-raised noblewoman with little combat experience, a shining example of the favouritism and nepotism the GA had begun to show in the past few years.

Omega placed a gloved hand on the podium, running the other through his blonde hair, through which the grey streaks of age had begun to wear. He nodded slowly to the smiles of the squadron leaders and activated the comlink he had on the collar of his uniform. The dim fluorescent lights of the briefing-room highlighted the black of his flight-suit, outlining the dark green trimmings, along with the gentle glimmer from his service bars. His voice was clear as he spoke, dour, with the hint of tiredness that betrayed how many long nights he had spent coming to his decisions.

Men and Women of the Galactic Alliance Expeditionary Force… You all know me. I’ve been your leader since the start of this great galactic experiment.”

Omega paused, flipping the holoscreen to show the picture of a young woman, regal and recognizable to all as Raven, signer of the treaty between the Empire and the Republic that had created the Galactic Alliance. He continued, excitement creeping through his Outer Rim Accent

I am leaving to join Raven’s call for the formation of a new Empire. One that will truly represent us. Not like this garbage bureaucracy. The Empire promises to treat its veterans well, to allow us to participate in Galactic Rule-”

Omega’s speech was interrupted by the hiss of opening blast doors, hailing the coming of General Ashburn and her staff of Kuati Noblewomen. The pilots turned in their seats, their faces hardening looking upon the General. The woman sneered at the gathering, her high pitched voice almost as annoying as her Kuati haircut.

This gathering, in support of a treasonous Empire…”

Her blue eyes found Omega standing at the podium

Of course it’s you. Guards, arrest him for treas-”

Her nasally voice slowed and her jaw went slack, her feet crumpling beneath her, landing her in a heap on the metallic paneling, her head hitting with a satisfactory crack. Behind her stood a female Bothan A-9 Pilot, Pence, holding her blaster pistol set to stun

Omega laughed, the long nights of tension dissolving into deep laughter. His pilots were with him. Leaning forward, he watched as the General’s staff fell under a hail of stun blasts, and circled a hand

We move out. Destination Cardia.

With that, he closed the briefing, as well as his career with the Galactic Alliance. The fully staffed squadrons, numbering 72 starfighters in total left under comms blackout from Kuat Driveyards towards the awaiting Empire.

MONTJOY.png.ad2fbabd682c0f3d1aa381340ecdf194.png

• 7 months later...

Beck stared out the viewport of the curich-class shuttle as the starlings broke and fell into a still backdrop for the planet Kaut that now was the center of the viewport. The massive ring that was well known as the Drive Yards that orbited the planet held flickers of light against the green planet, but they stood out much more vividly against the purple and black of space that was all around. The amount of traffic was higher then expected when comparing it to Coruscant, but many of the ships seen were maintenance vehicles transporting crew from one part of the ring to another, or to the surface of the planet and back. Beck raised an eyebrow as he watched the traffic a bit before his own shuttle was now being escorted in by four TIE/ph Phantoms. As they brought his shuttle closer to the ring, Beck turned and had his Commando unit, Torpid, begin to prep for the landing as the rest of the crew would indeed do their job.

As the shuttle landed, two members of Torpid walked down the ramp first, scanning the area, ignoring the host, as the wanted to make sure that the area was secure. After that, the four other members escorted Beck down the ramp upon reciting the all clear. There was a man standing there in the middle, surrounded by a good twelve stormtroopers. There was also a Neimoidian standing behind him as well.

"My name is Vosh Thinfin, I am honored that the Remnant has decided to make an actu-"

"Don't sound so honored, you've completely shut down almost all of our resources except for the TIE line. I'm here to make sure that this facility is in a position to crank out a fleet again."

Beck walked past him, almost pushing him out of the way and started for the main hold. The rest of the company in the hangar moved just as quick to catch up to him. Almost as soon as he reached the hallway of the station, he started to bark out orders.

"I have a request here from Head of State Raven Zinthos. You and me will be working very closely together to make sure that we get things delivered to her on time. You are no longer in command of the Drive Yard for the Imperial Remnant Mr. Thinfin. I am."

Beck kept his pace and didn't slow down. He quickly made his way into the main office and started to look over things that he wanted to change to make things feel more like they did at any Imperial Navy base. Kurt would be no different. Vosh followed him in and awaited to be acknowledged, but he would end up waiting a long while, as Beck cared little about the man's need to please.

emperorpilon.png

• 3 weeks later...

Beck sat behind the desk that he was now calling his and read over some of the new ideas that Kaut Drive Yards had thought up for the TIE line of starfighters. They were interesting to say the least, yet they lacked enough purpose to see real duty if they were ever made. There was about five to seven new ideas, all of which had only been thought of and a prototype had been made within the past two years. Yet, the Star Destroyers which used to make the most efficient use of the time of engineers out here seemed wasted. He had just threw down the datapad when the door buzzed and opened. In walked Thinfin. He wore a smile that seemed to go from ear to ear. He wore the grey jumpsuit with black boots that almost ever Imperial Engineer wore. It annoyed Beck that he was smiling.

"I have just received word that the Star Destroyer ring has just been reactivated and is now ready to receive parts to begin constructing them again."

"Good. You can collect parts from the five prototype TIE fighters your engineers wasted time on. I've been here almost two weeks and I have YET to see a design for a Star Destroyer. The galaxy is changing and evolving Mr. Thinfin. You can't keep producing the same bullshit that Emperor Denton was so keen on using. HE LOST. It's time that we see some new features, new designs. I want our engineers working on a NEW Star Destroyer design, one that lets' the galaxy know that the Imperial Remnant is still around, and that we plan to have ourselves established in the galaxy as the dominant force. You now have a week to get me five new designs... Or else I'll learn how fast it takes for a body to get floated off this station and to the planets surface. You're dismissed."

Beck returned to his monitor on his desk and began to read up on everything that was happening on the Holonet...

emperorpilon.png

Though the Kuati nobles that owned this section of shipyard put up a good deal of protest at the manner they were treated by the Imperial, they did as instructed, and began to transition construction from the especially lucrative transport and tour business to what the shipyards were built for so many years ago. The private investors from families across the Remnant and Galactic Alliance were horrified to see their profit disclosures dip down from what was initially taken as a complete governmental nationalization of the shipyards but was clarified by internal press release that the KDY shipyards were still independent and had simply shifted 50 percent of their active shipbuilding capacity to war vessels. This was matched by capital investiture by the Imperial Government so that KDY could expand capacity to match their previous revenue stream within 3 standard years.

As the classified Star Destroyer Ring was still months from operability, three ships were first commissioned as an initial test of the normal shipbuilding facilities. These, the Kuati shipyard owners would please Beck, until such a time as the first iconic dagger like star destroyers could be launched. In the meantime a ISB agent from the capital reminded the erstwhile Imperial Commander that he was “Not supposed to be such a dick at all times in his soon to be short career.”

Outside the large windows of the observation facilities, large masses of employees began to set out the superstructure for the first of the ships, large arc welders began to cycle and place large hunks of hardened phrik and durasteel panels in place in the skeletal superstructure.

Raphenal.png.96d1c7b8a3eaea41f94e96db627f96d9.png

Lord Commander Raphenel Karlovci Contispex- Imperial Warden

• 2 weeks later...

Beck sat behind his chair and watched a ship unload some of the construction parts needed to begin creating Star Destroyers again. It seemed rather odd to watch parts be loaded off on a somewhat hollow ring that had so much movement from other ships bustling all around it. The door suddenly buzzed and Thinfin walked in and gave a quick bow to Beck.

"Sir, the first vessel that was requested, the Shockwave Class Assault Frigate has just been completed. The two Corona class frigates are still sometime away. Shall I send for Carida to send officers and additional crew?"

"No, there is enough crew to operate her to arrive back at Carida. There is no need to put more worry upon our Head of State. Nasty business she's tied into with the death of the Jedi Grandmaster on our planet. I will deliver the Hand of Valour to the Imperial Fleet myself. Have my own Curich-Class shuttle, Calloused Pride transferred over to her, and I will take a temporary leave to bring our first vessel from this shipyard back home. That is all, you are dismissed."

After Beck had dismissed Thinfin out of the office, he prepared everything that he would need, and alerted his commando unit to meet him at the docking ring for the maiden voyage of the Hand of Valour. After an hour had passed by, the ship made it slow leave from the shipyard and was in hyperspace within minutes after that, well on it's way to Carida...

emperorpilon.png

• 2 weeks later...

Beck's shuttle arrived back over Kuat as the shipyard seemed to be bustling around with a bit more activity then when he had left. Having his ship touch down in the hangar reserved for him, he was met by Vosh Thinfin, the head engineer at the shipyard. He had a company of four stormtroopers with him, and he was beaming from ear to ear.

"Major Pilon, the other two Corona-Class Frigates are now ready for delivery. I am having them fueled now and can be ready to leave within the hour."

Beck made a slow acknowledgement of this, and turned towards ICT-4067 and gave him new orders for Torpid squadron.

"Prep and refuel the Pride, your team will be personally responsible for taking it back to Carida."

Turning back to Thinfinn, he now addressed him, but started to move towards the loading hangar for the ships.

"I want them fully stocked for our Head of State. I think she has something special planned for them. No surprises should be waiting. When I leave with them within the hour, I want them fully battle ready. You may return to getting the Star Destroyer ring operational."

Beck now lifted his hand and dismissed the engineer. He went to his own quarters and got dressed in his best uniform, and wanted to be ready to give a good presentation to Raven. After all was settled, Beck boarded the Glory of Carida and had it and Admiral Andripov, the sister ship, leaving Kuat space and heading for Carida.

emperorpilon.png

• 4 weeks later...

An order came streaming into the KDY offices for a construction order, detailing the building of two KDY variant DP-20 frigates specialized for antifighter capital ship escort

Consolatrix

Ship Class: Corvette

Type: DP20 Frigate

Crew: 100 crew

Armaments:

8 Double Turbolaser Cannons

6 Quad Laser Cannons

4 Concussion Missile Launchers

Construction Finish ETA: 10/3/2017

AP: 1

Animarum

Armaments:

6 Quad Laser Cannons

Construction Finish ETA: 10/10/2017

Raven_3_Sig.png.fa6e284bec4ff42ba02901e8567b2f87.png

Pretender to the Galactic Throne

Leader of the Rebel Alliance

The construction of a Golan III begins outside the shipyards. In order to provide adequate coverage for the inevitable coming conflict, as the shipbuilders watched it construct, they knew that such a thing would probably stop another genocide like had happened two decades prior.

Estimated Completion date 10/17/2017

The DP20 Kuat variant "Consolatrix" launched into space and stocked sufficiently for a combat mission, departed for Nal Hutta

Consolatrix

Crew: 100 crew , 1000 Assault Troops

Compliment: 1 Squadron of TIE Defenders, 1 Squadron Scimitar Assault Bombers

Armaments:

6 Quad Laser Cannons

Construction Finished: 10/3/2017

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The black painted Imperial Star Destroyer II Misericordia detached from the Star Destroyer Ring on KDY and made its way towards Nar Shaddaa.

Misericordia

Ship Class: Star Destroyer

Type: Imperial II

Crew: 40,000 crew

Armaments:

50 Heavy Turbolaser Batteries

75 Turbolaser Batteries

20 Heavy Ion Cannons

8 Octuple barbette turbolaser

10 Heavy Tractor Beam Projectors

Compliment: 4,000 Troops, 4 TIE Defender squadrons, 2 GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat squadrons, 1 Scimitar Bomber Squadron, 1 Assault Gunboat squadron

Construction Finish: 11/13/2017

AP: 4

Another ISD II began construction promptly, due to arrive, 12/12/2017

• 4 weeks later...

The black painted Imperial Star Destroyer II Fiat Lux detached from the Star Destroyer Ring on KDY and made its way towards Nar Shaddaa where the Imperial Fleet was preparing for their next conflict.

Fiat Lux

Armaments:

75 Turbolaser Batteries

20 Heavy Ion Cannons

Compliment: 4,000 Troops, 4 TIE Defender squadrons, 2 GAT-12 Skipray Blastboat squadrons, 1 Scimitar Bomber Squadron, 1 Assault Gunboat squadron

Construction Finish: 12/12/2017

The construction of a Lancer Frigate II began due to be completed 12/26/2017. Meanwhile a Medstar mobile platform began construction in the civilian sector of the rings for use in the outer rim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The Imperial Star Destroyer Two Agamemnon detached from the Heavy Construction Rings of KDY and began to orbit the planet. Part of the second fleet, designed for Imperial Home Defense. It would stay at Kuat, until the needs of the Remnant were most dire.

Agamemnon

Armaments:

75 Turbolaser Batteries

20 Heavy Ion Cannons

Compliment: 4,000 Troops, 4 TIE Defender squadrons, 4 J-983 Javelin squadrons.

Construction Finish: 01/23/2018

The construction of another Lancer Frigate began.

• 2 weeks later...

Lancer Frigate II Benedictus departed the orbital ring and took its place alongside the Agamemnon while the construction of an additional ISDII began.

Benedictus

Ship Class: Frigate

Type: Lancer Frigate

Crew: 900

Starfighter/Troop Complement:

2 TIE Defender Squadron

2 Skipray Blastboat Squadron

2000 Assault troops

Armament:

20 AG-2G2 quad laser cannons

AP: 2

• 1 month later...

Ascalon left its docking struts and after joining Agamemnon and the Benedictus the trio departed into hyperspace towards Nar Shaddaa. The construction of an interdictor began.

Ascalon

Armaments:

75 Turbolaser Batteries

20 Heavy Ion Cannons

Compliment: 4,000 Troops, 4 TIE Defender squadrons, 4 J-983 Javelin squadrons.

Construction Finish: 03/06/2018

• 2 months later...

The Fiat Lux, Misericordia, Hand of Valour, Admiral Adripov, Consolatrix, and Animarum and jumped out of hyperspace over Kuat. All ships in need of refueling, and the Admiral Adripov in need of repairs. Admiral Beck Pilon stood at the viewport of the bridge of his command ship, Fiat Lux and stared out at the massive shipyard ring around the planet. His own breaths were slow and heavy. For some reason, this trip to Kuat seemed far less relaxing as it did when he first came here under the orders of his Empress. It felt like a homecoming of sorts, but there was something deep down that told him that he would soon despise this place. Part of it could just be that he had to leave the planet he had now fought over twice and only just won. Maybe once the ships are refueled and ready, I’ll request a transfer back to Bespin to maintain order there… It was a dumb thought, and one that even he knew he didn’t want. He felt lucky that the bridge officer walked up and interrupted his own thoughts.

“Sir, All ships are accounted for. We also have reports that Eventuality of Justice and the Saeculorum have officially setup and have deployed their own troops to the surface in rotation with the ones that we left behind.”

Beck gave a slight nod of his head and offered his hand for the datapad that he knew the officer held. Upon the movement, the officer placed the datapad within the Admiral’s hands and left him alone again. Beck took a single glance at it before putting it behind his back as he moved both hands there and began to stalk the bridge.

“Have the Misericordia and the Consolatrix dock for refueling process. I want the Admiral Adripov to dock for repairs now. The rest of the ships are to take slow rotation in to begin their refueling. Until they dock, I want for them to keep the ships on patrol mode. The galaxy is still on edge. Also, send me a report on the Onderon situation."

Battlegroup Thunder

AP: 14

Fiat Lux

Class: Star Destroyer

Armaments:

75 Turbolaser Batteries

20 Heavy Ion Cannons

Compliment: 4,000 Troops, 4 TIE Defender squadrons, 4 J-983 Javelin squadrons

Misericordia

Armaments:

75 Turbolaser Batteries

20 Heavy Ion Cannons

Compliment: 4,000 Troops, 4 TIE Defender squadrons, 4 J-983 Javelin squadrons

Hand of Valour

Type: Shockwave Class Assault Frigate

Crew: 1500

2 Squadron TIE Defenders

2 J-983 Javelin squadrons

2000 Assault troops

Armaments:

4 Plasma Missile Turrets

4 Ion Cannons

8 Concussion Missile Turrets

16 Heavy Slugthrower Cannons

8 Medium Point Defense Cannons

Admiral Adripov

Type: Corona-Class Frigate

Crew: 850

2 Squadron TIE Defenders

2 J-983 Javelin squadrons

2000 Assault troops

Armaments:

15 Turbolaser Cannons

10 Laser Cannons

4 Ion Cannons

2 Heavy Tractor Beams

4 Point Defense Cannons

Consolatrix

Compliment

1 TIE Defender Squadron

1 Skipray Blastboat Squadron

Armaments:

6 Quad Laser Cannons

Animarum

Compliment

1 TIE Defender Squadron

1 Skipray Blastboat Squadron

Armaments:

6 Quad Laser Cannons

emperorpilon.png

The blue of hyperspace distorted and shunted back into a black starfield...and a fleet.

That was a lot of ships. Kuat was the imperial's primary shipyard, but this was more than a routine defense force.

On the one hand, this could be beneficial. With more ships moving through Kuat space, it was unlikely anyone would immediately suspect and fire on an unscheduled shuttle. On the other hand, it wouldn't be long before someone up there noticed them and asked for their codes. And once explanations started making their rounds, Query did not foresee a positive conclusion for a rogue droid and an AWOL piece of experimental military hardware.

Query turned to Ambrose, unreadable in his Phase III Dark Trooper armor. Query tapped out a message on his datapad, the crude voice application broadcasting the words into Ambrose's comm system.

I...HAVE...NO...VOCABULATOR

I...CAN...NOT...EXPLAIN...OUR...PRESENCE...AND...I...CAN'T...CONTROL...THE...HYPERDRIVE

CAN...YOU...CONVINCE...THEM...TO...LET...US...GO?

Ap1ZdRO.png?1