Aaris III

Tarrian Skywalker

• 2 weeks later...

All too quickly, the Death Strikers returned to their base of operations. It was kind of a letdown. Indy had been excited to have the group active. But they hadn't really been needed.

As she entered her passcodes and descended to the surface, she wondered what the role of the Death Strikers would look like this second time around. She didn't want to be reckless with her people, but there were constantly things going on that they could be involved with. At least, she amended, once they were trained. But she believed that the best way to get training was on-the-job.

She landed and waited until her ship was pulled under into the hanger. Then she left and headed upstairs to the mess hall. They could all grab a bite to eat and get to know each other better before heading to the training rooms.

Isolder returned to the base of the Death Strikers. He had stopped off at the Temple on the way home, and discovered some disconcerting news. A new Moon Knight had been activated. Isolder possessed the power of the Moon, but his loyalty to his Blademaster training prevented him from fully embracing it. Therefore a true Knight was required, regardless of Isolder's claim to that name.

And I am not confident in Spector's choice.

ShadowFett, a bounty hunter, and former criminal was in control of a very special gift. Isolder would have to keep a careful eye on this development. For now, the Hapan Prince joined Indy in the mess hall.

"I want to apologize again for approaching your base under false pretenses."

moon3.jpg

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good. Nightmare to you!"

She looked up at Isolder. "You know what? For some reason, it doesn't bother me that much. Yuusuke came to us bearing the mantle of Moon Knight as well. But let me get it straight...you are not Moon Knight at all?"

She wanted the man to tell her a little about himself while they waited for the others to arrive. She knew the topic of Moon Knight had always been a touchy one for both Marc and Yuusuke, so she didn't know how much Isolder would say.

The Jaden's Hilt came out of hyperspace above Aaris III. Kiara activated the comm on her control board, sending a message down to the surface, letting them know she had arrived. She set the ship down in the hangar, powering down and letting the techs refuel the ship. She headed towards the mess hall.

Once she arrived she fell in line and moved her tray down the rail until she came upon something that looked edible. She reached for what appeared to be fish, when the woman behind her cleared his throat.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you...It could be hazardous for your health.

She smiled back at her, moving towards the next item in line, picking it up and setting a slice on her plate. She walked away from the rail, moving towards a table near the edge of the mess hall and began eating her meal.

Isolder knew it was very complicated. He didn't understand it fully himself. But he felt that Indy deserved a complete explanation. Isolder knew it was not customary to reveal so much about the power of the Moon, but he did not share the reservations of his brethren in discussing such details. Isolder, as a Blademaster, felt it was his call on who should here about such things. Whether that was reality or not, was not something he considered. Isolder had never fully been able to relinquish his royal arrogance.

"It's not easy to explain. The power of the Moon Knight is very ancient. I do not know the source. I came across it because of my training as a Ral'tath Blademaster. We can communicate directly with the dead. That is how I sensed Marc Spector's spirit, and found the Temple of the Moon. Marc was in a desperate situation. It was his duty to pass on the power, but there was no one available. The power is supposed to call upon the one who should be Moon Knight next. Marc had just been murdered by Geki, and he feared for the safety of the galaxy. I volunteered, and Marc granted me access into the Temple. He was not thinking clearly, and I had no knowledge of what exactly I was dealing with. It wasn't long after, that Yuusuke had felt the call. Marc realized he should have been more patient. I guess in a way, Yuusuke was the true Moon Knight, and I am more of a mimic. I used my Ral'tath abilities to tap into the power, but I cannot fully take ownership of it. Yuusuke was recently killed by Vladimir Faust. Now a man called ShadowFett is the Moon Knight."

moon3.jpg

"I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good. Nightmare to you!"

The Hammer and Sickle appeared above the planet of Aaris three. Trok entered in the pass codes and beamed them down to the planet. He then took hold of the ships controls, as the ship flew down to planet Trok's thoughts turned to the destruction of the Kuati shipyards. A good portion of those people killed had to be civilians and not imperial personnel. Yet they were allied with the empire he thought, if they were not then why had they no one tried to resist them. Trok thought for a moment maybe they didn't want to fight the empire because they were afraid. This made him become all the more angry at them, if they were going to be fearful and apathetic of the Empire then they deserved to die, he thought. He brought the ship down and landed in the hangar. He then left his ship with his slug thrower across his back and his blaster in the holster on his hip. He then started climbed up the steps toward the mess hall after about two seconds he noticed these steps were built for much larger beings then him and so by the time he got to the top his legs were burning with fatigue. He then came to the mess and stood at the back of the line picking up. He then took a couple slices of meat and sat down at one of the tables beginning to eat them.

teddybearfromhell.jpg

I am Godzilla and you are Tokyo!

"ShadowFett?" Indy looked up at the name. "Isn't he a bounty hunter? Used to be in the employ of Black Sun, then betrayed them?"

She remembered the name, although she hadn't ever met the hunter. They had considered asking him for information when they attacked the Black Sun a while back, but Mandalore had chased him across the galaxy and it had never amounted to anything.

The information about Moon Knight was interesting, and Indy couldn't help but feel a bit privledged to learn this much about the legend. She was saddened to hear about Yuusuke's death. It seemed ironically fitting that Faust had killed him. Faust, Rane Scando, and Jidai Geki had always seemed to have personal vendettas against the Death Strikers from the beginning.

As she thought about the past, she waved a hand, inviting Kiara and Trok ((is that your name now??)) over to their table. "Well, no matter who you are, I'm glad to have you with us, Isolder," she said. "Have you gotten something to eat?"

Isolder shook his head. He was not that hungry anyway, but he thought it polite to eat something with the others. He took some bread and soup. Isolder felt strange sitting amongst these people. It was a side affect of his training. A Ral'tath felt more at home among the dead than the living. But he liked being a part of a group again.

And I must ensure they do not come to a tragic end, as they did when Marc Spector was alive.

Indy was a capable leader. He was confident now he could fully support her and the Death Strikers, thus keeping his pledge.

"ShadowFett was a bounty hunter, but that's all I know. I've yet to meet him. However, if the spirits sought fit to choose him, you can be assured he is a man of high character. He will carry on Marc's legacy with honor."

moon3.jpg

OOC: His real name is Trok but he goes by Tarfang because his past is well complicated

IC: Trok began to walk towards the table after acknowledging Indy's motion. With his tray balanced on the top of one hand he arrived just in time to hear Kiara's comment about the alliance general. "You put it lightly", he commented in rapid Ewokese, "drags us nearly halfway across the galaxy to help fight the imperials and then we get to end up being nothing but decorative statues on the ship, bah!" He waved the thought away with an impatient wave of his free hand before setting the tray down and sitting down.

teddybearfromhell.jpg

I am Godzilla and you are Tokyo!

She gently calmed the situation. "There was no way of knowing how much we would be needed. The Alliance has helped us in the past, and it was our duty to return the favor. If the Imperials had left a remnant of their fleet there, I'm sure we would have been much more needed."

Now that everyone was there except Sara, Indy felt she could let them know what was going to happen next. "After we eat, I just wanted to let you know that you can take a few minutes to find some quarters, then we're going to meet in the training rooms. You'll be pairing up and setting off on a 'mission'. You'll have to work together and think on your feet to complete your objective. Isolder, you will be paired up with Kiara, and Tarfang, you will work with Sara when she gets here."

Isolder nodded as well. He was prepared to help guide Kiara's training, as well as advance his own. Isolder was very experienced in battle, but he had absolutely zero experience fighting in teams or small groups. He fully accepted that this training would be a learning process for him as much as it was for the less experienced members of the Death Strikers.

moon3.jpg

Indy smiled at Kiara's enthusiasm. "Whenever you are ready."

As most everyone was finished eating, she rose. "I'm heading down to the training rooms now. Feel free to finish, get some quarters or whatever you need to do to refresh yourself. Then meet me at the training rooms."

She started to walk away, then paused. "Oh, and after your training sessions, I'll show you around the base, if you want. Otherwise, the computer can tell you where to go."

• 2 weeks later...

((Sorry about your actions, Isolder...I just wanted to get it rolling))

Indy smiled as Kiara arrived. "Good." Isolder was right behind her.

"Alright, here's the deal. Inside the sim, you'll find a planet being hostily invaded. Your mission is to sabotage the invader's efforts. The locals will recognize you being on their side, so you will have their support."

She handed each of them a preprogrammed datapad. "Various bits of information will pop on here occasionally with things you'll need to know as you progress through the training sim. There is also background information on the planet and it's people. You have little information on the invaders."

She paused. "If you get stuck, you can stop the sim and contact me, but I prefer that be under only extreme circumstances. Otherwise, you can contact me with questions inside the sim."

She opened the doors. "Remember...a Death Striker can use anything as weapon. They think on their feet and outside the box. Good luck."

((OOC: Most of the info you guys can come up with on your own. I'll jump in here and there, but leave it mostly up to you.))

Isolder was a little nervous as he entered the training room. For one thing, he knew this was almost like an audition. The Hapan had confidence in his abilities, but there was always the concern he would fail. This was not a test of power, at least in Isolder's view. It was a test of whether one could be a Death Striker, and all that entailed. Could he follow the moral guidelines of the Death Strikers and fight as they saw fit? Could he keep his pledge? Isolder was not sure.

Of course, I could be overthinking it. Hapan males are always oversensitive about disappointing female leaders. It's ingrained in our DNA.

Even years of Blademaster training had not completely separated Isolder from his home world's culture. Isolder turned as Kiara followed him inside. The door seemed to disappear, and they were standing in a standard jungle setting. He made sure his caelestum was ready to draw.

"Let us begin Kiara. In my estimation, the first thing we should do is find the locals Indy told us about, and find out the nature of these invaders. I will follow your lead on that one. I speak better with the dead than the living, even if they are only figments of a computer's imagination."

moon3.jpg

A comm arrives on Aaris III for Indy...

"Indy, this is Ads-Gop Flif. I have heard that you are looking for help in an organization called the Death Strikers. I would like to take part in this and protect freedom and all that is good. I have had some training in the force, although I have all but forgotten this training. Please consider me. Thank you. I am at the Last Call on Coruscant."

V4yWwXl.png

Generally, hitting someone in the head with your weapon kills them regardless of whether they're wearing a life-sustaining mask. I'm pretty sure this is general combat strategy whether your target is Darth Vader or some thug on the street.

Indy was perplexed by the comm she recieved. The name seemed vaguely familiar...but where had she heard it?

Puzzled, she nevertheless returned the comm. "Meet me on the planet's moon," she replied, "and I will interview you to see if you are worthy to join us."

She supplied him with the coordinates, then interrupted Isolder's and Kiara's training with a message on their datapad. It simply said she was going up to the moon, but would still be able to be reached by comm if they had any questions on how to proceed.

She also set a training room up for Tarfang and Sara if they showed up. Then she headed back to the hanger and took a shuttle up to the small facility on the planet's single moon to wait out the new arrival.

The enters the moon's atmosphere and lands. Ads gets out goes over to Indy.

"Hello."

((Sorry my post sucked, I don't have much time.))

V4yWwXl.png

Generally, hitting someone in the head with your weapon kills them regardless of whether they're wearing a life-sustaining mask. I'm pretty sure this is general combat strategy whether your target is Darth Vader or some thug on the street.

The Codru-Ji greeted the newcomer. "You must be Ads-Gop Flif. I'm Induran Habithae, Commander of the Death Strikers. I have some questions for you before you officially can become a member of the Death Strikers."

She paused, then continued. "First, do you have any questions about the organization or our structure? Second, tell me a little bit about yourself. What is your past like? Why do you want to join the Death Strikers?"

She would pay close attention to his answers, and judge honestly if he would make a good Death Striker.

"Yes, I do have a couple questions for you, Ms. Habithae," Ads replied, "After becoming a Death Striker, will I be able to train with the Jedi?" Ads paused. "And also, uh, are you free tonight?" Ads added slyly.

Ads continued, staring into Indy's eyes, "First, though, I'll give you a little information about myself. I originally joined the Jedi Order five years ago. I trained at the Academy a little and eventually was given a master. My master disappeared shortly afterward, and I can't remember much after that until about two years ago."

Ads remembered that he had forgotten something and added, "Oh, I was also a captain in the Rebellion navy, and I fought in the great Battle of Ossus, which involved the Rebels, Black Sun, Hutts, and the New Dawn, a secretive force-using faction located on Ossus, which was liquefied by an invasion by beings calling themselves the Borg ((aka n00bs with some mod protection))."

"Once again, I joined the Jedi Order. About the time that I joined, Coruscant was attacked. I fought in the subsequent battle amongst the rubble in the upper level, but fell fighting to a Mandalorian warrior, although I did extremely well for someone with little combat training. I knew that there were many risks, but the capital of the galaxy was under attack, and trillions of innocent lives were at risk."

"Later I was accepted by a new master, but he mysteriously disappeared soon after training began. I left for the Academy on Rafa V, but soon after landing there, Master Dhan-Jaroe Kenobi attacked me, and killed me before I could even attempt to defend myself. The attack was very startling, I was at the academy to try to initiate my training and visit with an old friend, and suddenly, one of the most respected members of the order attacked me."

"I have a very vague memory of the events of the next few weeks, but soon after I had another blackout, which didn't end until last week, when I woke up in the Last Call. I suspect that it was during this time that I learned of the Death Strikers, but I'm not quite sure. And that brings us to where we are now."

"I want to join the Death Strikers because it seems like the perfect way to aid good and cripple the forces of darkness which are ever-present in the galaxy. Also I want the intrinsic award of knowing that I am in one of the galaxy's elite fighting forces. This is why I wish to become a Death Striker."

Ads was watching her the whole time and was reading her eyes. He knew what she was thinking already. He was prepared for what would come. But I couldn't even see Indy, so I'm not positive what is to come, so don't ask me.

Ads stood before Indy, waiting for her response.

V4yWwXl.png

Indy wondered why the Jedi in mention would want to kill Ads. She held no love for the Jedi, it was true, but she respected them, and knew they were supposed to be very wise.

"As for your question, we generally discourage it. Death Strikers are very dedicated to their cause, and it takes long hours. Usually, the Jedi Order doesn't like their members to be constantly running off to fight with another faction. However, if you worked something out with them, it'd be fine with me if you restarted your Jedi training.

"What concerns me most are these blackouts you've experienced. Have you been checked up by a doctor? If you have a serious medical condition, I'd prefer you get it treated and under control before you join. The path to becoming a Death Striker is hard physically, and I don't want to put you in danger."

She paused, waiting for his response. She had completely ignored his earlier comment about her being free; she was too practically-minded to do otherwise.

Ads replied to Indy: "Don't worry, I was joking about tonight," he could tell that she hadn't liked that question by her slight change in her facial expression.

"I had the blackouts checked by a doctor and he said that the only explanation is that my soul is going to another dimension, one he calls the 'real world'. He said that this world is a complete fabrication, it only exists in our heads and computers. My opinion is that he's kinda out of whack, but...he's the doctor I guess...He said that I shouldn't be worried."

"About the Jedi training, I could find time to train whenever I have free time, however rare that might be. I could just stop by the Jedi Academy and pick up a few things until my time is up or I am needed in the field. It would probably be useful to use the force to aid my fighting...you see, I'm not a conventional Jedi. I'm not afraid of action, yet I realize the truths of the Jedi dogma. I am dedicated to all that is good in the galaxy, not necessarily the Jedi. As I mentioned, the Jedi don't always do what's right, as illustrated by the master's sudden attack."

"Is there anything else that I need to know?"

((If you were wondering, I think that he attacked me for purely personal and non-RP reasons...oh well, I didn't like him either.))

V4yWwXl.png

• 3 weeks later...

She somehow doubted that a master of the Jedi would randomly attack Ads...but perhaps he was turned to the Dark Side or something. She didn't know.

"Alright, one more question for you then," she said. "You are a member of a resistance movement on a small world. You are contacted by a leading government official. You are offered a huge reward and a top government postition that you've secretly wanted for a long time if you give them the name of the resistance movement's leader. What do you do?"

She wanted to test his character a bit, rather than him giving her all these pert answers.

"Are you really going to determine whether or not I can join this by a hypothetical question? I don't know how I would act. I've never been in that situation, how would I know."

Ads appeared to shudder as if something was happening to him.

"I can't join based on that question. I have no idea what I would do. I'm leaving. If you change your mind," ((If the Death Strikers are ever revived)), "tell me. Don't worry--I won't tell anyone about Aaris III. Goodbye."

Ads walked back to his I-Wing. As he sat in the pilot's seat, he just looked into space. He had been in a similar situation to that before. He was captured while fighting in a rebellion...he was offered...a large sum of money? His freedom?...if he told who was in charge. But what had he done? Who knows?

Induran?

Ads jumped out of the and ran over to Indy.

"You knew didn't you? What did I do?"

Indy just stared at him, expressionless, revealing nothing.

Ads turned in disgust and walked back to the . He got in and flew off. For where? He'd decide in space.

((I hope it's okay that I posted Indy not doing anything. I figured it wouldn't really matter.))

V4yWwXl.png

((That's fine, Ads))

Before Ads' ship took off, the coordinates to Aaris III were wiped from it's internal memory, guaranteeing he could never return to the planet without permission, and he could provide the codes to no one else.

Indy shrugged as he decided to leave. If he couldn't take the question, he had no place here. Boarding the ship that brought her here, she headed back down to the planet. Flying low near the tops of the trees, Indy took some time just to enjoy the view. Life was so complicated now. She had never meant it to be this way. Myth had never meant for it to be this way. Those were the good old days, when life was free, and freedom was something worth fighting for the best way they knew how. But the universe was more complicated now...and it made Indy feel strangely old.

Just then she came in sight of her base. It was one of the four sights left in the universe that could make her proud. The others were a group of her loyal Death Strikers, her other hidden base on Naboo, and her ship--her pride and joy. She had put time and effort into all of these things.

Landing on the platform, she began the descent into the hanger. The Death Strikers as an idea were flourishing, but as an actual fighting force in the galaxy...they were a miniscule voice in the noisy bustle of the universe.

Heading to her public office, Indy began to absent-mindedly scan the Holonet, as was her habit, looking for something, somewhere, that the Death Strikers could help with.