Aaris III

Tarrian Skywalker

((Excellent... It turns out I'm not going to miss this battle after all. ))

Sarrah began to groom his soiled face in an attempt to get the smell of blaster ionization out of his fur... then her remembered that it was all a simulation. As realistic as the battle seemed, it wasn't real. If the Togorian was embarrassed, he didn't show any noticeable signs of it to his Commander or Mandalore. But he wasn't surprised to hear that the Rebellion was engaged at Coruscant. Despite Sarrah's peculiar opinion of the world as an important liability to whichever side held the planet, it seemed as though the Empire and Alliance considered it to be the most vital planet in the galaxy.

"Very well, Commander." With a slow nod to both Commander Habithae and Mandalore, the huge Togorian strode away from the training room. From the armory he retrieved a heavier blaster pistol as a reserve, as well as a suit of light battle armor that would protect his massive from hostile fire and still give him the luxury of nearly unimpaired movement. Satisfied with his additional weaponry and armor, he headed back to the hangar to join the Commander of the Death Strikers.

I wouldn't advise shooting a Togorian. It only makes them angry.

--Talon Karrde

Mandalore wiped sweat form his brow. The scenario had began to dissolve into the black room that lay underneath the hologram. He took a moment to safety his twin modified heavy blasters and returning the spectrum selector on his contacts to normal. During all of this, he kept the commander's movement's in his sights. There was something about her and the way she moved in combat. He admired her. It takes a strong woman to indure the horrors of war. More than that she had become a tactician and warrior, leading a group of freedom fighters. She was truely a remarkable woman. What was stranger still, was his growing attraction to her. He never gave alien women a second look, even some of the Twi'lek strippers he had encountered, because of his close minded ideas about aliens in general.

He was the last to exit the training room, walking through the hallways while simultaneously unbuckling some his light armor attachments. As soon as he entered his room he signaled his armor trunk to open with his remote, selecting the heavy assault configuration. He returned his dual blaster to their holders, along with the all of the previous armor and accessories he wore for the training regiment. He spent five minutes in the refresher to get cleaned up, stopping to look at himself in a mirror. He stood there for a moment to study himself. This had become one of his rituals before combat. It was so easy for a man to forget himself in the heat of battle. By looking at himself he would remember that he was a man and not a barbaric instrument of war.

The armor that had been selected was top of the line. It was E.M.P. shielded, lined with cortosis weave, and held three back up power cells for extended battle use. It also held extra ammo in concealed compartment throughout the suit. He also took his magnetic gloves, sound wave emmitter, and his DC-17 modified blaster rifle. He gave his rifle a thorough inspection, making sure that it was in complete working order. He put on his armor, which was bulkier than his normal day to day configuration, but was necessary for insertion into a raging battle. Another plus was that its' bulky appearance would fool the enemy into thinking he was slow. His suit was made from a flexible armor weave capable of sustaining heavy blaster fire, allowing the wearer full range of motion in combat. He slung his rifle over his shoulder and headed to the turbolift, that would take him to the hangar.

He exited the turbolift, walking towards his R-41 Starchaser. He stopped by the commander's ship where she was loading supplies and weapons into the cargo hold.

"How do we do this? Do we take individual ships or travel together?"

Mandalore.jpg

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.

--William Tecumseh Sherman--

Eventually completing their mission, the two weary deathstrikers trudged back to base. They had successfully infiltrated the communications center after a battle against the desert elements as well.

Sara turned back to Yuusuke,

"I'm gunna shower and get rid of this sand and sweat. I'll report back to Indi afterthat. She seems to be busy at the moment."

She turned and headed into her rooms, feeling relief from the elements as soon as she stepped under the shower. She let the water cleanse her a long while before she stepped out, dried herself off and dressed into another combat tunic, lined with armored mesh, her full armour over the top. This time she placed all her weapons around her body, she wasn't going to be caught out again with none. She left her room, going via the mess hall to grab a bite to eat on the run, and headed out to watch the other exercise in motion. She heard the alert then, realising that it wasn't just another exercise. She headed over to see what the next course of action would be.

Their mission complete, Yuusuke left the holographic training area. He was finally able to get back to his quarters and finish getting ready. Indy had interrupted them that morning and Yuusuke hadn't yet armed himself properly.

Perhaps it would hurt to take a quick look . . .

Yuusuke made his way to the hangar and entered his ship. He examined the shining Space Armor housed in the ship's hold.

Still there.

Yuusuke had taken quite a liking to the armor that had once belonged to the Moon Knight. He had a feeling it would come in handy. Yuusuke returned and awaited new orders.

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

Induran smiled as everyone arrived. "Good to see you all again."

She quickly made introductions, as Sara and Yuusuke had not met Mandalore and Sarrah yet, and vice versa. "Alright," she said, "I recieved a comm from Jedi Knight Sabian Devanus, an officer for the Alliance. It appears that Coruscant is under attack by the Empire and the Sith, and the Alliance is asking for our help. Our mission is as of yet undetermined; I do not know where the Alliance most needs our help."

She looked grave. "So let's go. Everyone take their own ship...we may need to participate in the space battle. Meet me in orbit."

With that, she headed into the Freedom's Reprise. The ship warmed up quickly, and was soon lifting slowly out of the hanger and into the atmosphere of the planet. Once in space, Indy set the coordinates for Coruscant and blasted into hyperspace.

((We'll meet in the Space thread))

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

((I know this is the wrong alias, but I'm lazy!))

Sarrah gave a slow nod towards his Commander and the other Death Strikers, then boarded his Skipray Blastboat. A short time later, he was in the relative safety of hyperspace, cruising at beyond-light speeds towards danger.

((*unnecessary pose* To the Space Thread!))

drayyy.png

The commander's had her orders clear. By remote, Mandalore startted the preflight sysytems check and warm up. After he was inside the cockpit of his ship, he switched the systems over to manual control, raising his fighter from the ground. He flew out of the hangar and into space where he arrived in time to see some of the other making their jumps to light speed. He keyed in the coordinates to Coruscant and followed.

Mandalore.jpg

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.

Sara looked to both the other new deathstrikers, acknowledging both before following the new instructions. She made her way to Myst where she entered and ran through her preflight checks. She lifted off and followed the others into hyperspace

The Myst limped home, Sara taking her ship back down to the hanger and getting to work on repairing it. She didn't know what had happened for her ship to play up, though she would go over it with a fine tooth comb looking for the fault.

• 1 month later...

The R-41 Starchaser known as Misery, had finally made its' way back to the Death Striker's HQ. The trip had taken almost three weeks, due to the damage sustained in the skies over Coruscant. The ship had been strafed twice and hit with ion canons, leaving it dead in space, while it's pilot made on the spot repairs during the battle.

As his ship entered the atmosphere over their base, the ship lost all power to the sublight engines. The interior of the ship was silent. Gone was the hum and occasional sputter of the negines as they strained to reach their final destination. Mandalore held the stick firmly, turning the ship into the wind while adjusting the course heading for the hangar. Luckily his Starchaser was equipped with wings which gave him partial control as he glided the ship in. His ship bounced three times as it barely cleared the roof of the hangar, skidding across the floor into an emergency harness.

Mandalore used the emergency release on the canopy to get out of his severely damaged and burning ship. His ship's fire was being sprayed by repair droids, allowing him time to gather himself for a moment. After the fire was out, he looked over his ship to assess the damage and it was just as he thought, a complete loss. It was beyond repair.

He left the hangar, headed for the living quarters. In the turbolift he removed his helmet, clipping it to his utility belt and switched his weapons to safety. He walked down the empty corridor towards his room, glancing into the other rooms as he passed by, looking for his commrades. He reached into one of the utlilty belt compartments, retrieving a small remote. He pointed it at his weapons case. A green light and chime, indicated the code was accepted, as it opened up. He removed his armor and weapons, then put on a simple flightsuit, before flopping down on his bunk. He needed time to think and figure out his next move. If the Death Strikers had been wiped out on Coruscant, he would also need a new job.

Mandalore.jpg

A YT-2400 landed at the secret Death Striker base after a long course back from coordinates 000.

As it landed, the pilot recognized the remains of Mandalore's ship crashed int he safety harness. As the pad lowered into the hanger, Induran was glad he had made it back. She also noticed Sara's ship in the hanger. Briefly, she wondered where Yuusuke was. She hoped he was alright.

As the ship came to a halt, Indy lowered the ramp. She immediately went to the turbolift and took it all the way up to her office, going through the neccessary security checks. Once there, she sighed and removed her armor. Placing her weapons off to the side, she sat down at the desk. It was important to her to keep a log of the Death Strikers activites, so that if the need arose, they could review them.

She also updated her datapad with the latest news reports, and was surprised to read about the crippling attack on the Black Sun's base. She left the report open, thinking about the situation. If there was ever a chance to move against them, this would probably be it.

amipaint2.jpg

Mandalore laid on his back, with his fingers interlocked behind his head, staring up at the ceiling. A datapad rested next him on hit bunk, while he tried to figure out his next move.

The sounds of the hangar lift descending into the it's hidden housing, caused him to sit upright. The proximity alarms and early warning systems hadn't been triggered, so he relaxed a little. He accessed his datapad, which was directly linked the facility's central mainframe, for information on the incoming vessel. The ship's I.D. signature was registered to Indy.

"So she did survive the assault on the temple..."

He turned off his datapad, then quickly threw on a pair of boots before exiting his room. He caught the turbolift up to the command floor and made his way toward the commander's office. He knocked on her door as he entered, to alert her to his presence.

"Good to see you made it back, commander. Were there any other survivors? Sorry I wasn't much help to you over there, but my ship was taken out early. I barely made it back alive."

Mandalore.jpg

Indy looked up at the knock at her door, and when Mandalore entered, she was relieved to see that he appeared uninjured.

"Yes, I saw your ship. No worries...that wasn't exactly the nicest situation," she replied. "I'm just glad you're here in once piece. As for the others, I haven't heard from Yuusuke, and Sara is apparently here, since I saw her ship in the hanger. As for Sarrah, he's on his way back as we speak."

She glanced down at the datapad again, then looked back up. "Anything to report?" She didn't think there would be anything, but she wanted to make sure. Besides, she wanted Sarrah and as many of the others as possible to be there if she decided to attack the Black Sun.

amipaint2.jpg

The moment the Nimbialis appeared out of hyperspace in the vicinity of Aaris III, Sarrah, with his sharp eye-sight, spotted a very small object that his Skipray Blastboat was on the verge of colliding with. Overcome by curiousity, he held course and identified it as a small glassine bottle with vivid red and white labeling. The Togorian shook his head and veered away from the space debris, muttering a short phrase in his native language that roughly translated as "The gods must be crazy."

The rest of the journey to the planet's surface and the Death Striker base was so uneventful that it wiped the memory of the bizarre space junk from his mind. As soon as he landed in the concealed hangar, the Togorian made his way to Commander Habithae's office. After a battle, there was bound to be a meeting, and Sarrah had every intention of performing as a competent member of the force he had just been accepted into.

--Talon Karrde

"Nothing to report, mam. Just a little pinned up stress and boredom. I think we should......."

Mandalore was cutoff mid-sentence by a beeping sounds, emitted from the commander's console. The sound was a signal that another ship was docking in the hangar. The vessel was registered to Sarrah, the Togarian that joined the Death Strikers the same time he did.

He decided to wait until the other member joined before continuing what he was discussing with the commander. The Togarian entered the office and stood next to Mandalore, towering above him.

"Welcome back, my friend. As I was saying before you joined us, we should become more proactive. There has been news on the holnet about an attack against the Black Sun by one of it's own top operatives, Shadow Fett. Jedi sources stated that, the Black Sun was involved in the attack on their temple. There is also news and/or rumors, that Piccolo was gravely injured in a battle by an unknown assailant, leaving him near death. Commander, this is an opportune time for us to go on the offensive."

Mandalore.jpg

Induran looked up at Sarrah as he entered. "Welcome back, Sarrah," she said. She then turned back to Mandalore.

"What a coincedence," she said, handing him the datapad she had been looking at. "I was just reading that same report. I agree with you. Black Sun has always had a history of fighting and causing discord. This is the perfect opportunity to attempt to take them out."

She paused. "However, the Black Sun is still very powerful. Yes, they've lost their top operative, and Piccolo may be injured or dead, they still have many operatives. And besides that, I didn't see anything in the report that said that their armada was damaged in any way. It's supposed to be a rather large fleet, and I don't need to tell you that we don't have the ships to take it out."

The Codru-Ji leaned back in her chair. "We must weigh the risks and decide if it's worth it."

amipaint2.jpg

Sara had gone over every inch of her ship, checking over it to make sure she wouldn't have the same problems again. She'd found a few faults and corrected them, her ship now in tip top shape. It wouldn't fail her again. She'd gone and gotten cleaned up, the clawdite having woke from resting when she heard the first of the ships touching down again. She made her way back to Induran's office, knocking on the door and noticing that two of the other deathstrikers had already joined her.

"Sorry I couldn't make it to Coruscant. Had a few malfunctions. Only just managed to limp back to base. Problems are fixed now though."

"No problem," Indy replied, greeting Sara as she came in. "I'm just glad to see you made it back. It seems we've had a rash of technical malfunctions."

She quickly filled Sara in about the Black Sun and what they were discussing, then waited to see what the Clawdite, the Mandalorian, or the Togorian had to say.

amipaint2.jpg

"I believe that Black Sun fielded an army of combat droids to attack the Jedi Temple, including ssome Desstroyer droids." The fact was only heresay that Sarrah had picked up while fighting on Coruscant, but it was nonetheless important. Somehow, the Jedi had managed to defeat the army, but the Togorian had no idea how they succeeded. "Unless we managed to persuade the Alliance to abandon their truce with Black Sun, a space battle would be out of the question.

"Still, how could we deal with their droid army?" Even though the shadowy felinoid was a fearsome fighter against organic foes, droids were out of his area of expertise.

--Talon Karrde

"A droid army, huh? That bit of info missed me. The droids they had were probably old Clone War surplus, which means they could all be controlled by a central brain. That would be good for us, because all we would have to do is find it and destroy it, disabling their whole army. It that doesn't work we could use a electromagnetic pulse weapon to disable them also."

Mandalore stroked his chin, taking in all the intel that was being shared. A picture was displayed on the commander's desk. It showed a man with blue skin and red glowing eyes. Immediately, he recognized who it was. Reign......

"Commander, I know that man. He was my boss when I ran with the Black Sun. His name is Lord Ny'Zell Reign. He's a Chiss scientist/inventor. If they have him on board, you should expect the unexpected. The man is brilliant when it comes to engineering weapons or adapting and upgrading, existing equipement for specific tasks. My prototype armors and weapons are all his creations. Knowing him, he would probably outfit all the droids with their own neuro processers, making them independant/sentient. More than likely ion shielded, as well."

The room was quiet. Mandalore turned toward his fellow Death Strikers directly. As he spoke he made contact with each of them from left to right.

"We need to change are way of thinking. We are trying to take on the Black Sun as an army, which we are not. The Death Strikers are a small tactical unit and we should conduct ourselves as such. We should attack our enemies using hit and run tactics. Also it wouldn't be a bad idea to try to ally ourselves with some of their rivals. Use them to fight some of battles for us. What do you think?"

Mandalore.jpg

Indy listened carefully to the information coming out. It was not going to be easy...but when was the right way always the easy way?

"I know the Link has an interest in taking down the Black Sun, or at least seeing it diminish," she said, volunteering information that she had learned from the Holonews. "I also think this bounty hunter, ShadowFett, might help us. We'd have to be very careful...but his help might be useful."

She paused. "I'm sure there are others as well, but we must take care not to violate any of our founding principles. Doing the right thing the wrong way can still be wrong. I'm not sure if alliances are what we want...but perhaps...business contracts or something less permanent. They'd help us with Black Sun and no one would own anyone else anything."

That said, Indy fell silent again, waiting for the advice and opinion of Sara and Sarrah. She briefly wondered where Yuusuke was...she trusted his opinion highly, and his former work with galactic security might come in handy in a situation like this. She resolved to send him a comm the minute the meeting was over.

amipaint2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

(sorry guys, going inactive)

Sara had to tear her attention back to what was being said.

"Sorry, I'm just not with it at the moment. I've got somewhere where I need to go. If you need me urgently you can get me on my comm frequency" (in other words send a PM to my Skye Organa account if you need me to post for any reason)

With that Sara left the office, heading down to the hanger and boarding her headhunter. She ran through her checks before lifting up, leaving the planet behind her as she left to an undisclosed location.

Mandalore waited patiently for responses from his teammates. They all were silent, for a period of time, while they processed the information that was given and then tried to apply it a plan or strategy.

When the silence finally was broken, the comment made was not the one he was hoping for. A senior member of the Death Strikers, Sara Avery, had decided to take a leave of absence for an undisclosed amount of time. She didn't wait around for questions or give a detailed explaination. She just said what she had to say and left.

Mandalore leaned back against the wall behind him, with his arms folded across his chest. He looked over to the commander, who merely sat there tapping her index finger to her temple. She was trying hard not to show her emotions, though her attempt had failed. The commander was clearly disappointed. This news couldn't have come at a worse time. The rest of the team were still silent, waiting for the commander's reply.

"I am leaving also, but I am not leaving the team. I am going to take the fight to all those who stand against us. Like I have said before, we need to be more proactive or we are doomed to fall to the ways of the complacent Jedi order. Innocent people die, when those with the desire to fight do nothing."

He started walking out of the office, but stopped in the doorway. With his back to the commander, he wouldn't have to face her as he spoke.

"I am going after ShadowFett and try to get him to cooperate with us. We are all aware of his reputation, so I may be forced to kill him, if he doesn't kill me first. I will contact you with a SITREP as soon as possible."

He left the command floor and returned to his room. He packed his heavy assault armor, along with his energy whip, into a weapons trunk. The trunk was mounted onto a repulsar cart, that he pushed into the turbolift. The first sight he saw after exiting the turbolift in the hangar, was his R-41 Starchaser had been completely repaired. The hangar droids must have been working overtime. He loaded his truck in the rear storage compartment, while he warmed the engines.

Mandalore took the extra time to put on the armor he would wear during his flight. It was the same energy deflecting armor he wore the same day he joined the Death Strikers. He placed his hemet on his head, before climbing into the cockpit. All systems were green and his navicomp coordinates were locked in. He took off from the Death Striker's base headed for deep space and Coruscant.

Mandalore.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Indy was frustrated. She suddenly remembered the early days of the Death Strikers, back when Myth ran it. Indy had never wanted to take over, and ever since Myth had died of the mysterious illness, it seemed that every decision she made had taken them from bad to worse. They had had a heck of a time hanging on to members, and even those that Indy had counted on had eventually been killed, kidnapped, or had left the organization.

She sighed. And a clear enemy was a lot easier than all this delicate footing. It was easy to fight back when you were attacked...but planning a full-scale assault against a strong crime syndicate with only a few members was nigh impossible.

"Look," she said. "We've lost Sara, and I don't know where Yuusuke is. I'm going to comm him and see if he's still involved in this organization. Mandalore is apparently off doing something. If we are going to go through with this attack, then we need to do it, and do it before Black Sun can have time to regroup as I fear they have. We start the attack soon. We'll sneak in past the fleet and infiltrate their main HQ. That's what we're best at anyway. Even if we die trying, it'll be worth it. If the Death Strikers die here, so be it. We've faced mercs, bounty hunters, and SEED. Let's take out Black Sun for good."

((Alright, so the attack starts on Monday, the 19th...we've gotta get this moving...))

amipaint2.jpg

((Sorry, I've been having midterms and have had to cut down on my alias RPing.))

Sarrah nodded slowly at Commander Habithae's declaration that they would attack Black Sun's Citadel on Coruscant. With the ongoing battle at the city-planet, it would be relatively easy for them to sneak onto Coruscant and even their foes' headquarters undetected. However, there still was the matter of actually defeating the crime syndicate on their own territory, which would be a tall order for even a group of specialized commandos--regardless of the risk, he agreed that taking their chances in open battle was much better than sitting around on Aaris III for the summons of the Alliance.

"If... we can catch Black Sun off-guard and manage to disable their droidsss, I agree; we can pull this off." The huge Togorian paused for a moment. "Commander, I request leave to prepare for the attack."

--Talon Karrde

"By all means, Sarrah. Do whatever you need to do to get ready."

At that, Indy's comm blinked. It was a message from Yuusuke, stating that he was busy with personal matters and would not be able to make it back in time. He was very apologetic, and Indy answered the comm nonchalantly, telling him it was all right.

She then headed off to begin preparations of her own.

amipaint2.jpg

Message from Mandalore-

Commander, I have news to report. I have located ShadowFett on Gromas and have made a deal with him concerning obtaining information on the Black Sun. Also ShadowFett and Piccolo fought each other to the death, with Fett emerging victorious. I await your orders and next assignment.

Mandalore, out.

End comm transmission-

Mandalore.jpg

"Commander." Sarrah nodded as he departed from Habithae's office, a definite hint of excitement visible in his stride as he left her to prepare for the battle. His Nimbialus was in pristine condition; during the last battle that took place on Coruscant, he didn't engage in any aerial combat. Just as well, because as formidable the Togorian was on the ground, he knew that if their fight against Black Sun took place in Coruscant's airspace, they would fail... miserably.

His long, steady stride guided him to the Death Striker's armory, where he retrieved a pair of well-balanced vibrodaggers to complement his own powerful hunting knife. A number of grenades of various types, from traditional fragmentation and flashbang to the more exotic and specialized ion grenades, along with the habitual restocking of ammunition for his light blaster.

Only one thing remained, of which his growling stomach dutifully reminded him. He was hungry. Sarrah could later be found in the galley, tearing apart slabs of frozen meat with an enthusiasm that bordered on the obscene.

--Talon Karrde

Indy moved to her private office. Inside was her personalized armor and weapons. She donned the armor, which was cortosis-laced, and holstered her blasters. She then slipped her vibroblades into their sheaths. Being a Codru-Ji gave her an advantage over her opponents, and she intended to make full use of it. She then headed to the armory and stocked up on grenades.

She was ready, and she needed only to make sure everything else was. She began the security procedure that would allow no one but herself to land without a specific string of passwords. She herself had to supply a certain one--the name of her childhood friend, Darex Trevelian--in order to land on Aaris III. The base was locked up tight, and well protected, and the defense platforms in orbit were primed and ready to go in case anything happened.

She then headed to the hanger. The Freedom's Reprise was ready to go, with her weapons optimized and engines primed. She sent off a comm to Mandalore, telling him to meet them outside the Dubrillion system. Then she used the internal communications to contact Sarrah. "Ready to go, Sarrah? It's showtime."

amipaint2.jpg