Aaris III

Tarrian Skywalker

*Mandalore could do no more than stare as the second recuit emerged from its' ship. He had never seen a Togorian before, except in a holonet broadcast a long time ago. It was huge with a savage predatory look about him. Mandalore was so shook by the Togorian, that he hadn't notice that his hands were on the hilt of his vibro-sword. The creature scared him. Fear was something he wasn't used to. He pushed his fear to the back of his mind. This creature..... err, being could possibly become a brother in arms. He felt a little foolish for judging the being before he actually met him. He leaned back against his starfighter, removing his hand from the vibro-sword's hilt, while watching his new leader interact with the Death Striker hopeful. The two seemed to click well together. Alot better than she took to him intially.*

Mandalore.jpg

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.

--William Tecumseh Sherman--

Sara nodded, taking the grappling rope from him.

"We'll see what we can do then won't we. I'll head over to that outcrop and see if I can get this hooked on the corner of that tall building. You can give me covering fire if I need it."

She winked at him before moving off to the sand dune, keeping out of sight and blending in with the sand as much as possible. It took a while to get to where she needed to be, and she paused to look over the compound once more. She glanced back at Yuusuke, giving him a thumbs up before she activated the grappling hook device, aiming it for the corner of the tallest building. Luck was with her and she got it the first attempt, pulling on it to make sure it was secure before giving her fellow deathstriker the signal that she was going to begin.

Keeping as quiet as possible throughout the movements, though knowing that some noise would be unavoidable, she waited until the guard had passed before she took a running leap off the top of the sand dune, swinging by the rope to the roof of one of the lower buildings and taking cover by rolling to the side and then lying still, retrieving the grapple hook into the device. She regained her breath and leopard crawled to look over the edge of the building, seeing a single guard looking for the source of the noise. She pulled back from the edge and looked over at her partner, indicating she was going to jump this guard for his weapon.

She waited for the most opportune moment before dropping down behind the guard, clocking him with the bone and knocking him unconscious before dragging him out of the way and relieving him of his blaster rifle and ammo packs. She checked him over for security passes and other useful items before checking the building she was closest to. It was empty and she also found some other useful equipment. She dragged the unconscious guard in and tied him up, gagging him so he couldn't call for help if he did regain his senses. Sara then moved out of the building, now better equiped than she had previously been and caught Yuusuke's eye, knowing he would be watching her with his glasses. She "shifted" to the guards features before "making rounds" heading to the gate to let her partner inside.

"I'm glad to meet you, Sarrah," Indy replied. She was more at ease with Sarrah than she had been with her other new recruit, but she didn't know why.

"So, you've come to request entrace into this organization," she said. "Why do you want to join, and why do you think you should be accepted?"

She was going about this interview in a different way than the previous one, but she then, she liked to change it up every now and then. And she was curious to see the other man's reaction.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Why should I be part of the Death Strikers? Sarrah was rather surprised by Induran's question, partly because of his prior experience with the Alliance. The Alliance seemed to want as many able-bodied men to flock to its cause as possible, with few questions asked. This Codru-Ji woman was extremely selective, chosing instead to attract only the elite, and her recruitment procedure was closer to a job interview.

"I sserved in the Rebellion for a sshort time, after the Alliancce captured Coruscant. I wasss sssick and tired of the Empire'ss xenophobia." Sarrah took a deep breath to calm himself and to think for a half second. He was getting mildly upset, and it was showing in his worsening lisp. After a second, he trusted himself to speak again. "They chose to hide in civilian areass, gave the Alliance no choice but to rissk civilian deaths or to hold back... They were willing to... endanger the innocent, many of them were non-humans. Such cowardice and blind hatred doess not deserve to exisst in the galaxy.

"The Rebellion wasss..." Sarrah paused, both to think and to search for the proper word. "Too sstructured, too military. My kind are hunters, not soldiers, best at working in small groups, not armies.

"I am an expert in surviving in the wilderness, and at ssstealth, despite my size... My sight and smell are far more keen than that of a human's. As a hunter, I am skilled in building primitive traps... which sensors will not detect. I am also a crack shot with blaster pistols and skilled with a knife, but I don't really need one." He resisted the temptation to bare his claws.

"I have also noticed that most people are terrified of my kind. They think of Togorianss as legends, things from nightmares." The armored man's initial reaction had not escaped his attention. A low mewling sound came from his throat, his equivalent of a soft chuckle.

I wouldn't advise shooting a Togorian. It only makes them angry.

--Talon Karrde

Indy listened as the Togorian told his tale. It aroused memories of her past that she had tried to forget. But it only made her sympathise with Sarrah.

She had heard of the Togorians, thier history, and their customs. She didn't know how many of those customs were ingrained in Sarrah, but she knew o fhis people, which was surprising, since many were not found outside of the Empire.

"I understand," Induran replied. "This is a very elite group, and you'll forgive me if I have one more question for you. If a situation arose when you were called upon to protect a human woman and her infant child from terrorists, how would go about it? There is no right or wrong answer," she added, "I simply want to judge your morals."

amipaint2.jpg

Sarrah knew his answer before he even began thinking about it; those were instincts and morals that had long been ingrained in his personality. Terrorists were scum, the bottom dregs of society, parasites that had to be stamped out and exterminated... they deserved little to no mercy. The mere thought of them was enough to make the Togorian's blood begin to simmer.

"I communicate with the local authoritiesss. I find out the most likely suspectss, the organization, and sstudy them extensssively." Sarrah forced himself to slow down; his lisp was returning. "What weapons they use, their tactics, anything I can find. If the authoritiess have any physical evidence, especially clothing and weaponry, even defused explosives, I study it as well, memorize their scent."

Sarrah thought some more. From what he knew of terrorist organizations, they almost never killed in public, unless they planned to make a major statement. Most civilized worlds had competent enough security forces to prevent the destruction of a major building, so a sniper would probably be the most likely means of attacking the woman and child in public. It was all but impossible to defend against that kind of attack.

"The woman and child go underground, and stay with the local authorities. I attempt to mislead the terroristss, provoke them into attacking a location of my choice... a decoy. The decoy is filled with high-tech ssecurity ssysstems to deceive them into believing it is really a government safe house... and I ambush them, hopefully with the aid of a small number of law enforcement commandos.

"We attempt to capture as many of them as posssible, and interrogate them to try to reveal their base of operations. We strike as soon as one of the terroristss cracks, and end their threat."

He fell silent, feeling that he had sufficiently explained his most likely course of action. He basically chose the strategy he was most familiar with: hunting his opponents with the aid of a small pack of allies and friends.

--Talon Karrde

Induran listened carefully. Sarrah's answer was an interesting one, and one that should could see being used by law enforcement or Jedi. The answer was good enough for her, and the direct response showed her that he had known what to say without having to think to much.

"Alright, Sarrah," she said aloud. "Welcome to the Death Strikers."

She turned so that she was facing both of her new recruits. "The Death Strikers have a long history of being persecuted. I can tell you more later, if you wish, but know that that is the reson I required you to meet me here, away from our base, and undergo an interview. Unfortunately, we can't afford to simply accept just anyone who comes wandering about."

Her facial expression changed. "But now, let's go down to Aaris III. We have a brand new base there, and there are your new comrades for you to meet."

amipaint2.jpg

Yuusuke was waiting at the gate as Sara admitted him. He marveled at her shape changing ability. He had never seen such a display personally. Shapeshifters had always seemed so mysterious. Actually seeing a shift didn't do much to change that perception. Keeping an eye out, the Death Striker entered with as much stealth as he could muster. If they were spotted, it would be difficult for Sara, even in the form of a guard to explain letting in a stranger. Yuusuke moved quickly up against the wall where he couldn't be spotted. He whispered as quietly as he could,

"Nice work."

Yuusuke held his tongue from voicing his one criticism. She should have killed the guard. Even tied up, he could pose a threat. But Sara had gotten them in here. Yuusuke had contributed little thus far, it would be outrageous for him to critique her.

"What now? I could take the roof areas if you finished the guards on the ground."

Yuusuke usually preferred the direct-guns blazing approach. But with such few armaments between them, this seemed more Sara's territory.

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

*Mandalore was more than ready to leave the landing pad on the nearby moon. He had been so busy trying to find the Death Strikers that he neglected to change the filters in his helmet's atmoshpheric scrubbers. The strange make up of the breathable gases in the atmoshere was starting to make him feel dizzy. He returned to his ship and initated the pre-start system check. His starfighters scrubbers were working fine, so the dizzy feeling as short lived. His R-41 StarChaser lifted slowly off the landing pad, settling in low orbit.*

Mandalore.jpg

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.

A Lambda-class shuttle and a small fleet of transports arrived at Aaris III after numorous false jumps. The small white shuttle stood out against the stars and the darker-colored transports, and it was clear that an officer in charge of whatever project was being undertaken was aboard.

That officer was Admiral Onderin Starlisk, accompanied by Officer Sabian Devanus. Onderin opened a secure comm channel to the hidden Death Striker base, "Induran Habithae, this is Admiral Onderin Starlisk. Not long ago, the Alliance secured an agreement with your faction, and I have come to ask for your aid as discussed in that agreement. We have troops that need training."

Indeed the transports were full of Alliance men, the best of the best, already well-trained and equipped. They would be the foundation of an army bred specifically to be able to combat Sith Lords and Masters. It would be no easy task, but with the experience of the two Jedi and the skills of the Death Strikers, it was possible.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

- All the while, from first enterance into the new planet's atmosphere, the young man's senses were fully driven and aware. His luminous blue eyes stared out from the front panneled viewscreen of the Lambda-class shuttle's window, the great jungle grounds and tall esteemed mountains coming alive. It was truly an experience for every planet, each with it's own feel to it. -

- Sabian's experience led him to all different kinds of planets, although few in the eyes of his Master, but he could remember each very well. Just as the shuttle drew lower towards the ground's surface, he knew it would be one of those planets he would remember for the rest of his life. -

- The large string of transports that followed their uneasy course from Mon Calamari were still on behind the two. It was such a great feeling to know that they alone were come between these men, who were already well experienced in military battle, would come to learn how to combat the dark intentions of the Sith. -

- The young man could not help that, after the communication was sent down towards the hidden base, he leaned forward over to Onderin's side; that all familiar gentle, yet confident voice echoing out through the small space of the shuttle. -

"I didn't address this earlier, but perhaps you think the name Death Strikers should cause some state of.."

- He paused for a moment, drawing his head inwards before finding the words and pronoucing them right back out with the same pattern of speech.. -

"..alertness on our end? I may not know much else other then the briefing, but I get a suspicious feeling about all this. They may turn us down."

- And how else could he ignore it? Even in the secuirty of the shuttle, the situation seemed far from safe to be dealing with this group that called themselves such an intimidating title as the Death Strikers. -

- For now, he eased up on the feeling, leaning back on his chair and hoping for the best while still holding onto that certain state of alertness.. -

"Ok, you can take the roof area's. How many other guards did you see? I've only seen three others on the ground. I'm sure there has to be more than that."

Sara didn't believe in causing death when she didn't have to and prefered to disable her enemies rather than kill them outright, besides which, it took out several others from the mix if they were to tend the injured.

She held up the security card,

"You want control of this? I'll follow your lead from here."

Onderin smiled at Sabian's remark. "As intimidating as the name is, not everything that sounds intimidating has to be evil," he said. "My negotiations with the Death Strikers made it clear that they had every intention of helping us out. They're aligned against evil, and they've been all but destroyed by the same enemies that the Alliance fights multiple times.

"No," he added, "we have nothing to fear from them."

After all, according the the agreement, the Death Striker members could be called upon as ranking Alliance officers if necessary. Onderin recalled something about the rank of General, but didn't have a copy of the pact on hand. Regardless, he was confident that the Death Strikers would be the best help they could use at the moment.

3C12kbA.png

Indy's comm went off as she climbed aboard her ship. It was from Admiral Starlisk, who appeared to be in orbit.

"Well, that works out well," she said to herself. Aftter running the preflight checks, she lifted the YT-2400 off of the moon and into the thin atmosphere. She was glad the time spent there had gone well. Perhaps she could build a facility on the moon...it could serve as the main ground to conduct all interviews with newly aquired members, and serve as a backup in case something happened to the current base--something that Indy fervently hoped wouldn't happen.

She flew halfway between the planet and it's moon and located Mandalore's ship. "Follow me down," she instructed him. She sent a similar message to the Togorian, then switched frequencys to contact the Alliance ships.

"Admiral Starlisk? This is Induran Habithae. It's my pleasure to welcome you to Aaris III. If you will follow me down, I'll take you to our base."

She sent over her transpondency codes so that the Alliance ships could identify her, then flew into the lead, the 7 other ships following behind.

amipaint2.jpg

Again, Sarrah bowed to his new commander. "Thank you, Commander. I will make sure that you do not regret thisss decision." As the massive felinoid rose, something came alive in his blue-green eyes, betraying the emotion that his inscrutable expression refused to reveal. From the light in his eyes, it was easy to see that he was excited and eager to report to Aaris III's base.

The Nimbialis took off a few minutes later, and followed Habithae's lead during the transfer to the main planet. The presence of the Alliance's transports and shuttles was all but impossible to miss, and Sarrah privately wondered what business the Alliance had here.

--Talon Karrde

Onderin nodded, though Induran couldn't see him. "I'll see you down there," he acknowledged. Directing his shuttle and the transports behind him down towards the planet, he followed the coordinate reading and the YT-2400 as directly as he could.

It soon became apparent that the military installation the Death Strikers had on the surface wasn't going to be easy to detect. His scanners didn't pick up a thing, and all he could see visually was a mountain range with a small lake apparently fed by underground rivers and the like.

"This appears to be a rather efficient facility," he said to Sabian, who appeared to be just as curious as he was.

The Lambda shuttle was directed behind the mountain and to a large plateau where Onderin was asked to land. Shrugging, he did so, using the Force to gather more information about his surroundings. One of his suspicions was confirmed when he felt the presence of two people inside the mountain he had passed over to reach the plateau.

Without anything more to do or say, he waited for further instruction.

3C12kbA.png

"No kidding.."

- He said in immediate response to Onderin's question, continuing with the statement with only a second's pause. -

"..A facility out here, who would ever think of it? It's like a jungle paradise."

- Hands lifted behind his head, feet easing up against the stiff steel board below. Sabian found himself trying to relax more then concentrating, since he had a weird feeling ever since they reached the new planet's atmosphere. It might have been just the Corellian jelly he ate left over on Coruscant that made his stomache tinge, but it seemed to be filled with a tad bit of nervousness. -

Oh geez, what am I doing.. I shouldn't be thinking about being nervous, I should be dwelling more on the Force to analyze..

- Thoughts had been so drifted away that he barely had any hold upon himself. Withdrawing from his stretched out position on his side of the ship's controls, both arms crossed over his chest, head angled down, feet curled in, with eyes closed. -

- He'd take this brief moment to clear his head and reach out into the great stream of the Force. Even while beginning to delve, he could also sense that Onderin himself had already done the same. Sabian used part of that energy to concentrate and anchor him furthur into the gentle energies that surronded him. -

There we are.

- Opening his eyes afterwards, body and mind in new light, he sat up in his seat, ankles pressed against the bottom of his chair, back slightly angled down with arms hanging by his lap. -

- Sabian's head would turn over, asking over towards the opposite side. -

"So, Ms. Habithae is the head of the Death Strikers, I take it?"

- This had been alittle while since they heard the voice, himself finding the tone strikingly soothing and quite surprising; half expecting a male voice on the other line with a thick accent. It showed how much Sabian knew about the facility.. -

Edited by Guest

((OOC: I'm just taking the liberty of posting you all landing...to keep it moving along a bit.))

Indy lead her guests down to the planet, landing on the plateau. She thought breifly how Sarrah would react to the Alliance's presence. She hadn't mentioned their alliance when she had interviewed him.

Stepping out of her ship, Indy moved quickly over to the control pad. She punched in the code, and the plateau began to move, lowering her ship, Mandalore's ship, Sarrah's ship, and the Lambda shuttle down into the depths of the base. Once the platform had deposited them off, it left, returning with the remaining Alliance ships.

Once everyone was down in the hanger, Indy moved toward the Admiral's ship, waiting for him to emerge, and letting Sarrah and Mandalore disembark and join her.

amipaint2.jpg

*Mandalore marveled at the installation as his ship, along with the others who accompanied his commander, were lowered inside the base. When the lift finally settled in it's resting place, he wasted no time quickly exiting the cockpit of his starfighter. He looked across the way at the other new recruit who was still visible inside the cockpit of his ship. He took his time removing his personal belongings from his ship, so that he could watch the passengers aboard the other ships disembark. At first glance he tell that these were some of the Alliance's finest soldiers. But there was one among them that stood out. He was not a soldier. He was something else. A Jedi. Something inside Mandalore began to tingle at the top of his spine, then trickle down and throughout his body. His breathing had become labored and he was finding it hard to stand. Then as suddenly as the feeling began, it ended. He removed his helmet and looked at his reflection on the canopy of his cockpit. For a second it seemed his eyes had become completely blood red, then dissolve back to their normal state. He snapped his helmet onto his pistol belt then walked underneath his R-41 StarChaser to a cargo compartment. A storage chest containing various weapons and personal artifacts, was lowered onto a hovercart. After closing the compartment, he disengaged his ship's security counter measures, then walked over to what seems to be gathering point where his commander stood.*

Mandalore.jpg

Admiral and Jedi Knight Onderin Starlisk decended the ramp of his Alliance shuttle. Motioning for Sabian to follow him, he walked out and shook one of Induran Habithae's four hands. "This is my apprentice, Sabian Devanus," he introducted Sabian.

Finding no call to subtlety or necessity to waste time on extended pleasantries, he brought up the topic of business. "In short," he began, "I have a quantity of experienced Alliance troopers in these ships that are in need of training. The Rebel Alliance is in need of troops that are capable of handling more than just stormtroopers, but Sith Lords."

Letting the ominous undertone of those last two words sink in without really thinking about it, Onderin continued. "Both Sabian and myself have experienced combat with Sith in the past, so we were asked to oversee this training. However, expertise and planning must supplement knowledge in order to have success, so we came to you," the Admiral finished.

The Jedi folded his arms, his long green robes scrunching at his joints and his lightsaber hanging loosely but visibly at his belt. Almost out of place was his rank insignia on the left side of his outer cloak, replacing the need for full uniform.

3C12kbA.png

Induran nodded to Padawan Devanus, and listened carefully to what the Admiral had to say.

"Sith-hunters, eh?" her eyes wrinkled doubtfully. "Seems like a tough task. But you are defiantely welcome to use any of our facilities to complete it. There are 4 working floors of this base, plus a top level that serves as a roof area. I'll download a map into your datapad ((just scroll up the page a bit for the descriptions of all the floors)). Let me know what I can do to help you out at all."

She noticed Mandalore come up beside her. "This is one of our newest recruits," she told the Admiral. She motioned for the men to introduce each other, while she turned to Padawan Devanus.

"I'm glad you've come, Padawan Devanus," she said. "Is there anything specific I can do for you while you're here?"

She had not had much experience with Jedi Knights, and the few encounters were not all favorable. However, putting her bias aside, she was determined to be friendly.

amipaint2.jpg

- The descent of the ship drew easy through the number of obstacles before touching down gently onto the large now-open hangar. It didn't seem quite easy of a task to navigate in, but knowing Onderin, it was far from impossible for him. Sabian was only experienced flying commerical flights with the shuttle, any real space battle experience coming from the attack upon Kuat. He just gesturely smiled, knowing they finally set down. -

So this is it.. This base seems so large compared to the base back home.

- ..His observations drew from the large visual the Lambda-class shuttle's viewscreen enabled, as with the presence of the Force stretching out to see and feel the surrondings. Sabian was, in a sense, short of words before the landing craft's platform drew down, steam rolling from either side of it, as Onderin motioned towards him to follow. -

- Breathing in and out slowly, the young man drew himself closer to his side, similiar green Corellian robes hanging over most of his body. The hood swayed loose behind his neck, sleeves pressed together near his middle, with hands grasped together. He remained as polite as possible, which was not a hard task for him, matched with the kind and easy going attitude he usually professed. -

- Drawing his head up a bit furthur, he met eyes with the Commander of the Death Strikers. She was of a race he was not quite familiar with, but her presence seemed just as bit friendly and soothing as any human. -

- When his name was announced, the young man's back and leg's drew stiff for a second, before his body climbed forward quickly with an outstretched hand. -

"A pleasure to meet you, M'am."

- ..Sabian wasn't quite sure which of the four hands to shake, but the decision was made easy when she offered one to meet his instead, kindly gesturing up and down, before withdrawing it; he performing the same. -

- While Onderin spoke, those luminous blue eyes danced between the two's faces, viewing each straight into their own eyes as sign of no disrespect. Listening to their answers, Sabian was, inpart, revealed by the acceptance. The tinge of nervousness that came with the uneasy idea of accepting or declining their wishes washed away. Thinking to himself.. -

Great, I can't wait to start..

- His hands drew together, fingers pressed up together, as he gesturely moved each side to against one another. It was a habit of his whenever he began to be any bit excited or anxious, while only showing it in the gesture and not so much his own facial features. -

- Just as he was about to turn over to Onderin to speak, he heard the familiar voice again, even closer and more direct this time, of the woman. Like a quick snap, his body turned to her attention, head raised to meet eye to eye. -

- Sabian was a bit flattered by the comment, viewing himself merely as a small assest to the mission compared to everyone else in the room. One hand moved across the side of his face, a small smile upon his face as he responding to the comment.. -

"Thank you for having us here. We are both must humble for your hospitality."

- Then the question turned up, a question he was not quite used to dealing. It seemed pretty obvious and straight forward, but he never gave much thought as to what exactly he was going to do here other then help train the men in the facility. -

- Moving the hand upon his face lower towards his chin, he gave a few seconds to think furthur on this before responding in his usual gentle voice once more towards her.. -

"Not that I can think of, thank you for offering."

- He then moved his hands in an easy manner over his chest, robe swaying out, as his own lightsaber became apparent underneath. Sabian didn't quite know it was visible, trying not to flaunt it off or perhaps posing any sort of threat to their company. -

"I'll let you know," Onderin smiled and nodded diplomatically once again. He almost winced as he turned away. He didn't want to sound fake or overly polite, usually preferring a more comfortable and relaxed relationship with his clients and allies. Regardless, he continued on, using the map he had been provided for directions to the training area.

First, however, he needed the troops. Signalling through his commlink, the Admiral sent orders for the men to depart their transports. In precise military order and efficiency, the experienced troops complied, filing out of shuttles and landing craft, already armed and armored.

The Jedi Knight smiled satisfactorally, now a diplomat no longer but an inspection officer, an experienced military commander surveying the men that he would have the pleasure of working with before seeing them out on the battlefield. They would be the most specialized, the most skilled, and the most elite. They would be the Sith slayers, Dark Side combatants, and aides of the Jedi.

With a hand signal Onderin ordered the men to follow him and began to head for the central elevator. He stood off to the side and regulated their passage into it, giving them orders to assemble in ranks upon reaching the training arena, which was supposedly big enough to fit them all. They weren't truly a full army, for it was hard to battle single combatants with such a force.

Moving down the elevator himself with Sabian after all the troops had left the hangar, the Corellian entered a suitable training facility. It was spacious and pristine, clearly not worn down by the toilsome training of armies long past, as many Alliance training rooms were. It was perfect for these men learning to do what they were learning to do.

Onderin looked at Sabian with an amused smile. "I was thinking some sort of small team approach, fire coordination, and attack groups. Concentrated fire is the hardest to defend against," he said. "Now, go ahead. This is your field work, not mine."

Maintaining his smile, Onderin walked off to the side, leaving Sabian alone before the small army of men, each at attention, perfectly stone-still, bearing A280 blaster rifles, DH-17 pistols, and various frag, plasma, cyroban, glop, and luma grenades. They were a trained army, and they would be taught more before they left Aaris III.

3C12kbA.png

Indy smiled at Sabian, then nodded to Onderin. "Very well."

As the Jedi and the soldiers moved off, she turned to Mandalore and Sarrah ((who I'm saying is out of his ship...)). "The base is your home now, so feel free to explore, get yourselves some quarters, eat, train, or whatever you wish. The other two Death Strikers are training right now, but when they are finished, you can meet them."

Seeing that they had both received their instructions, Induran asked thing more. "Do either of you have any questions for me?"

amipaint2.jpg

The Death Strikers... we are going to train these soldiers to fight Sith? They will have to learn to fight as one... a pack of fellow hunters with perfect coordination. It was clear to Sarrah that the Death Strikers had some sort of alliance with the Alliance and possibly the Jedi, which the Togorian had no complaints about. To the contrary, he was pleased that he would be able to continue aiding the Alliance.

"No, Commander. I have no questions at this time."

All of Commander Habithae's suggestions greatly appealed to Sarrah. He was very curious about his new surroundings and wanted to explore the base, and it had been far too long since he had a chance to spar with a decent opponent--few people wanted to challenge the Togorian, for obvious reasons. But most importantly, he was hungry, and he usually was. As a massive, nearly seven foot felinoid burdened with huge muscles, he went through food, almost entirely raw meat, at an astonishing rate.

His mind was made up. Sarrah decided to follow the tempting scent of food, and investigate what the base's mess hall had in terms of bloody raw meat...

--Talon Karrde

- It was nice to see such attentive and nice attitudes for a chance, a luxury to which any Sith would never give him. Acting calm and proper, he followed wherever he was needed, spoke when he was needed, and would act as needed. Every now and again, a mild hand breached across his forehead, curling part of his light brown hair off to the side from it's mattered state. -

Well, this is defintly interesting..

- All words were recognized from the young man. As he stood evenly with the men, it seemed Sabian had his first real taste of responsibility in the military. He was responsible for training these already elite soliders to perform what was perceived as impossible, a group of non-Force sensitive men taking on one of the most fearful foes on the planet; the Sith. -

- But, it did not seem so impossible. As he mannerly walked across their line, much like a Commander in the army, he looked deeply into their eyes and saw something he didn;t at first glance. These men were solid rock, battle hard as they say; some far older then he and those not so much older. It was a very peculiar position to be in. -

- After pacing around twice, the young man came to a halt, hands pressing lightly together and speaking out in the same calm tone portrayed before.. -

"I know why you are all here. You are here to aid in the Alliance over the increasing threat of the Sith. While in the past, it has not been accurately performed, non-Force sensitive versus foes who are.

I can assure you, it is entirely possible. Based on my experience, the Sith tend to fight in a very, very aggressive style. They feed on fear. Do not show them it. They also will not show mercy. Do not show them it.

Is that clear?"

- He awaited for a response, an astounding reply barked out by each of them in unison a mere second following. It was truly remarkable how attentive and supportive each were, the last just as strong as the first. -

- Rubbing his hands a bit more, continuing to pace a bit more, Sabian continued on with his speech.. -

"Good. Now, I want everyone to first pratice discharging rounds simultaneously at a single target from a distance.

I think the key to victory over the Sith would be to overwhelm them before they overwhelm us.

"Your target.."

- As he spoke, Sabian began to remove his cloak, turning the cloth over with each sleeve, and progressing it down until it lay flat against the white floor. Dressed in white military garbs underneath, the young man stood up against the plain wall, his belt still fastened upon his waist. -

"..shall be me."

- The metallic fragment that lay hung upon the belt's buckle loosened with the presence of the Force, drawing into an open palm to catch it quickly upon falling. A thumb drew swiftly over the controls, the long luminous blade of the lightsaber drawing full in brillant light orange color. -

"I want you to fire at me, 'blasters set to low, full speed."

- Taking a brief breather to delve deeper into the Force's stream, eyes closed, chest out, feet grounded hard upon the light surface of the training room. He could feel the mixture of emotions waft over each the men befor e they came to realize quickly; this was an order, an order they must commit to. -

- Each raised their rifles at a perfect ninty-degree angle, the tight platoon forming a direct line to where he stood. One after another, twisted the center piece knob, lowering the laser output ratio to minimal while still maintaing laser speed. After the act was performed, the center man counted to three, firing upon him in a barrage of lasers. -

- The gentle hiss of the lightsaber met with the blasters, the primary focus making it a tad easy for him to manuver and deflect at the same time. Turning his head forward, he nodded with a delicate smile, adding reinforncement to the act.. -

"Good, good.. Now, this time, try to fire in a wider pattern. I think if you can pull concentrated fire in all directions around the body, we can beat the Sith for good."

(( OOC: Don't mind if I speed up the act. ))

- Hours passed on, the sound of repeated laserfire spurting into the free air being heard even in the dense training chamber. Each minute they improved, which meant each minute Sabian found himself relying more and more upon the gentle nature of the Force to guide his movements away from dangerous obstacles. -

- By the time they were near completion, the young man already had an assortment of burns and tears on his uniform, made from precise marks performed by the men. It was truly remarkable how fast they improved and how well they listened. -

- The defining moment was when a barrage of lasers came down upon him, followed by another pratice Sabian hinted upon; the use of gernades immediatly afterwards. When he was able to roll away from the lasers, the direction and stream of lasers made him roll a certain way. When such event happened, he was forced to roll straight into the already detonating area of a frag gernade. -

- Directing his forward hand outward, grabbing onto the shards with the Force and repelling them away fom his figure, he drew himself upwards; finding it a tad difficult to breathe. Yet, even in this state, he still smiled and wave to them with his free hand, to reinforce that he was alright. -

"Excellent, excellent work--. All of you..--"

- All this was said between broken breathes while he gathered his light green Corellian robes back on. Brushing some of the collected dust and powder off from it's surface, he made his way towards the open corridor where Onderin was looking from. -

- Elbow pressed against the wall, face obviously still fatigued from the act, he still presented that same smile out towards him, a rather smug look upon his facial features. -

"They're really something, huh?"

Mandalore watched the the jedi gather his troops and march off toward the training facilities. Soon after, he was joined by the other new recruit, Sarrah. The Togorian was much taller than he appeared from across the landing pad on the moon. Mandalore found himself slowly raising himself up on the tips of his toes to not appear completely dwarfed by his alien counterpart.

"I don't have any questions but I do have a request. Is it possible for you and I to talk somewhere private? Just give me a few moments to dump my gear and I will report to wherever you specify. I promise it will not take up to much of your time, commander."

Mandalore.jpg

It wasn't long into the use of grenades that Onderin interjected. "It is also possible that the Sith will return to grenades at you even before they detenate, putting you at risk," he said. "I suggest that you only risk grenades when the Sith is too occupied to concentrate defensively."

The Admiral looked at Sabian as he came over. "They truly are exceptional," he agreed, looking over the burns along Sabian's cloak. "But we need to have them better. Let's go for the small group approach, where troops can coordinate with each other as individuals, working out specific firing quadrants and seemingly-random patterns to maximize unpredictability and a wider coverage of fire."

He stood before the troops. "Get into random groups of seven. This will be your squad. Begin to discuss tactics amongst yourselves. When you are finished, begin practicing them. If you need suggestions, Sabian and myself will be here," he said. "Get moving."

Wordlessly at first, the men began to organize accordingly. Then, all at once, discussion began to take place, and it seemed like the soldiers were actually having a good time.

"It's often the warriors themselves that have the best ideas--they see things from a perspective that their commanders rarely share," Onderin said to Sabian.

3C12kbA.png

Indy nodded. "Of course," she said. "My office is on the fourth floor. You can meet me there when you're ready. Just take a right as you come out of the turbolift."

She wondered briefly what this was about, but headed on up to her office. Once there, she double-checked the security systems, and got a progress update on Sara and Yuusuke's mission downloaded onto a datapad. They seemed to be doing very well, though the datapad didn't offer very many specifics.

She continued to check up on things, both by reading various datapads and keeping an eye on the latest developments around the galaxy.

amipaint2.jpg