Aaris III

Tarrian Skywalker

Sara emerged from her room well rested and ready for whatever the day had in store for her. She headed in the direction of the mess hall, wanting to start the day on a full stomach, noticing that Indi and Yuusuke had already arrived.

"Morning to you both. Lovely day outside by the looks of it"

She was looking forward to getting into her training.

Yuusuke smiled at Indy's words. He had known it had been a difficult situation, him coming into the Death Strikers just after Marc Spector was killed. Especially when he'd come as the Moon Knight. It must have seemed as if he was trying to replace him. Indy's assurances told him he was fully accepted, and being second place to the leader of the Death Strikers wasn't a bad bonus. But some of her words troubled him a bit.

Friendship. It's difficult to accept friends after what's happened to everyone else that was foolish enought to call me that.

Yuusuke knew that line of thinking was silly. He couldn't let past tragedies harden him to his allies.

"I promise you Indy I intend to do everything I can to make the Death Strikers successful. I won't see any of my friends fall again, especially you."

Sara came in at that moment. Yuusuke greeted her arrival and continued with his breakfast.

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

She didn't know wht to say in reply to Yuusuke's words, so she just gave him a grateful look and welcomed Sara.

"Indeed. It is a lovely morning, and Yuusuke and I were just saying how peaceful it is here."

The Codru-Ji spoke as she ate. Once she was finished, she excused herself for a moment from the others and cleared her place.

Returning, she spoke again. "What are your plans for today?"

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Yuusuke shrugged.

"I suppose I'll just train some more or something. Unless you have something planned."

Yuusuke couldn't deny this reprieve was pleasant. Having a base of operations again was even more pleasing. But eventually they'd have to get back to work. Indy knew what she was doing though.

"We do need to make contact with the Rebels again eventually. But we don't need to rush it."

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

"Well I was hoping to get into some training today. Unless you have something else in mind of course."

The clawdite smiled at Indi, currently in a human form rather than the shapeshifter's true form. She found she could relate to others easier in that form and found them more comfortable with her.

Indy smiled at the two Death Strikers' willingness to get some more training accomplished.

"Training was the only thing on the agenda," she said. Noticing that the other two were finished eating, she rose and led the way down to the gym, which was on the same level.

Now the gym's special features came into play. "Alright," Indy said. "This gym is hologram-equipped. I've entered one program already that you two can start off with."

She punched in the codes for the program and suddenly the three were standing in the middle of a vast desert under the glowing light of three moons. "Alright," Indy said softly. "The object of this mission is to find and infiltrate an enemy base which is about 2 kilometers that way," she pointed. "Once inside, you must steal the plans for a top-secret weapon, and then escape the planet. Your resources are exactly what you have with you right now. Remember--a Death Striker is known for making weapons out of the most unlikely things, and getting their jobs done quietly with as little bloodshed as possible."

She smiled softly in the moonlight and crossed both pairs of arms. "Good luck. I know you can do it. None of the weapons will hurt you badly...just a sharp sting. If you get killed, the program will terminate. Also, when you reach your objective, the mission will also end."

With those words, Indy left. She would've stayed, and in most cases she would, but she wanted to test the efficiency of her two Death Strikers. That, and she needed to contact the Republic.

amipaint2.jpg

*An R-41 Starchaser, reverts from light speed to real time, as the navi-comp displays current system data. The jump wasn't difficult, it just required alot of smaller jumps to get to Aaris III. You would think with all the known hyperspace routes someone would have mapped a more direct route. Mandalore shook his head and laughed at himself. He was starting to grip and moan like the civilians he used to protect. He had come out to this remote destination to try and get back into law enforcement. He had heard rumors about such an organization through underworld contacts and decided to follow up on the information. Now, he was near one of Aaris III's 4 moons doing a sensory sweep of the planet. Alot of wildlife on the surface, but not alot of technological readings. Mandalore moves his ship into high atmospheric orbit and opens all comm channels.*

-Via comm channel-

This is starfighter R-41, call sign Misery. Hailing the leader of the Death Strikers. Requesting coordinates and permission to land.

-End comm-

Mandalore.jpg

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.

--William Tecumseh Sherman--

She was back in her office when the hail came. At first, she was instantly on guard. No one should have known that the Death Strikers were here. She paused, not knowing whether or not to answer.

Realizing that if this was indeed someone who wanted to talk to her, she decided to take the risk. But first she quietly activated her up-most security systems, including the orbiting defense platforms. If she discovered any hint of treachery while he was here, they'd be protected.

That's the problem with me, she grumbled to herself, I always think the best about people...

Then she activated the comm. "Starfighter Misery, please state your purpose of visit."

amipaint2.jpg

OOC: Mandalore's back

IC: Yuusuke shook his head in astonishment at the sudden mission that had been thrust on himself and Sara. Indy was full of surprises. Yuusuke turned back to the present and surveyed their surroundings.

Lucky it's night. I expect this thing can simulate intense heat.

The problem was those three moons. Any cover the darkness would provide was completely lost.

Who am I kidding? The real problem is I'm unarmed and wearing a business suit.

Yuusuke reached into his pocket, placing his sunglasses on to block the glare of the moonlight.

"Well, we've got a long walk ahead of us. I don't think we can do any real planning until we get there. I don't suppose you brought a blaster or two to breakfast?"

Yuusuke.jpg

Sara patted her side, the blaster that never left her side. She hadn't known if they were going straight off to training or not when she left for breakfast and having been trained by the bothan consortium she had always had at least one weapon on her at all times. She had dressed in cargo pants, boots and vest and looked at Yuusuke's eyes briefly, wondering if he had known she wasn't human

"Hope you don't mind if I change colour..."

The clawdite winked at him as she lightened her skin to blend in with the desert scenery. Her clothing was khaki so wouldn't stand out too much.

"Interesting task our good Leader has given us... one moon can be bad enough with its lighting tricks, but three... ? This will be challenging indeed.

We'll need to find something further for weaponry. If this simulation is to the standard I'm guessing it is, we should find the remains of creatures - bones sharpened would be an additional weapon."

She waited to see what he thought of the idea.

Could be a trap...I can't let him land. But I can't turn him away either.

Indy was stuck. Finally, she decided on a plan. "Starfighter Misery: Please continue to the designated guest facilites on the moon of this planet. A representative will meet you there shortly. Aaris III out."

Jotting down a not for her two comrades in case they got done early informing them where she was, Indy headed down to the hanger bay. Aaris III had only one moon, and it's atmosphere was breathable for most humanoids, although others found it's CO2-rich atmosphere a little uncomfortable for prolonged periods. Indy grabbed a breath mask on her way out to make sure that she would have enough oxygen.

Climbing abord her YT-2400, she headed out, making the short trip to the moon, and landing on a round plateau.

amipaint2.jpg

*Mandalore turned his starfighter around, toward the nearby moon from which his navi-comp was now recieving coordinates from a landing beacon. After a conducting a flyby, he concluded that he was first to arrive at the designated area. His starfighter touched down on the landing pad with a loud hiss from the stabilizers calibrating for the weight of the ship in the strange gravity. Mandalore stepped down from the cockpit, stretching and twisting. He had been in his starfighter for two standard days straight. In side his helmet, he was getting a heads up on the atmosphere and nearby terrain features. An analysis of the environment oks the atmoshere for breathing, but he has built it mini-scubers in his helmet. Beside he always hated breathing in foreign air after a long space voyage. Mandalore was so peoccupied with his surroundings, that he was taken by surprise by the sudden arrival and landing of a YT-2400 freighter. A woman exits the ship.*

I hope you are the commander and not his excutive assistant?

Mandalore.jpg

War is cruelty. There's no use trying to reform it, the crueler it is the sooner it will be over.

Yuusuke raised his eyebrows in genuine surprise. He'd been trained to recognize such creature's. Evidently he was getting extremely rusty. Yuusuke didn't think of himself as prejudiced against alien races, but Clawdite's were notoriously untrustworthy.

Sara's proven herself.

Yuusuke focused back on the assignment.

"You know more about this than I do. I've always worked in a city, I'm not used to missions on backwater worlds."

Yuusuke let Sara lead the way as they searched the area. If they separated they would have been able to cover more ground, but with no instruments Yuusuke was not at all confident they could keep from getting lost.

Best stick together.

In the eerie glow of the moonlight Yuusuke was the first to find animal remains, as he tripped over a skull four times the size of his fist. He rose quickly, hoping Sara hadn't noticed.

"Found something. Probably a dead womp rat. Criminals used them as cheap guard animals on Coruscant."

Yuusuke picked up the skull in one hand, and a bone the length of his arm in the other. It wasn't much, not by a long shot. But it was better than nothing.

Yuusuke.jpg

She would've raised her eyebrows at his words had she been human, but the feat was impossible for a Codru-Ji. Instead, she responded verbally.

"I don't think that matter much, does it? But let's get right to business. You said that you were interested in joining the Death Striker organization. Why do you wish this? What about the organization is interesting to you?"

She wanted to be open, yet professional; friendly, yet on her guard.

amipaint2.jpg

Sara met his eyes, the expression in her's was that she understood his reluctance regarding her species. She had been brought up by a family that had actually believed in loyalties and she had only changed employers when the planet that she had been based on had been destroyed. The damage done had been extensive and she hadn't heard from her employer's since then. Rather than continue on her own, she had sought out the Deathstrikers to whom her employer had previously offered assistance to.

She looked at the bones he held, seeing that they could both be used, she sought another long bone then went in search for a rock or stone, something hard in which to sharpen the bone to a point on.

"Sharpen the end of the bone to a point and you have something akin to a spear. We can capture weapons from the enemy as we come across them."

She felt sure that between her shapeshifting abilities and Yuusuke's talents they could become a good team for this infiltration. Trust was a huge part of teamwork and she already trusted the other Deathstriker. She set off towards where the base...

*Mandalore placed his hand to where his chin would be if he were not wearing his helmet, as a thinking gesture. He looked toward the sky and hummed a foreign tune. His present company did not seem amused. Her remark showed she had some spunk and he liked that. Alien women always fascinated him. He thought of himself as somewhat of a thinker, but he has always been a learner or student of life. He loved learning about different alien races and cultures.*

Why do I want to join the Death Strikers organization? Besides the obvious being that I need a job, I also think the name sounds cool as hell. I am or used to be a lawman of sorts. I was head of CorSec(Core Worlds Security), not to be confused with Corsec(Correllian Security). I decided the galaxy needed a little more protection than the so called "keepers of the peace" could provide. It was a good idea, but it ultimately failed. The people of this galaxy began to rely on the Jedi for everything. They were worshiped. in their minds I guess they felt as though only a force user was strong enough to beat back the crime and injustice. Recruitment was low, and I found myself alone. The organization was shutdown. I left for the unknown regions to re-evaluate my approach. Upon my return I ran into an informant who gave me the heads up on whats been going on in my absence. That is how your organization came up. The way it was descibed sounds alot like what I was trying to do. I guess that makes us kindred spirits?

I think I have answered all of your questions. Now you can tell me, from your mouth, what you are really about and why I should join your team?

Mandalore.jpg

"Your resume is most impressive," Indy said. If it's true...

She liked what he had to say, and was impressed with his dedication. They also seemed to be on the same ground in a lot of circumstances. However, Indy had known plenty of con men in her time, and she knew that Faust and Geki wouldn't stop at anything to make her's, Sara's, and Yuusuke's lives miserable.

"The Death Strikers," she responded, "are an organzation of freedom fighters. We fight to free oppressed people, and are skilled on many levels. We are mainly known for our efficient work and our ability to take anything around us and turn it into a weapon. We strive for freedom and justice, and most of all, peace for the galaxy."

She paused and looked critically at him. "And if we wanted you in our organization, it would be to join the legend and tradition of the Death Strikers, adn to become one yourself. You would be sent on missions that seem at times impossible, with the balance of the galaxy on your shoulders. You would also be under the military-like atmosphere and leadership.

"Of course," she continued, "all of these things are merely the vision and goal of our organization. I must be honest with you--in the more recent history of our organization, things haven't been that clear-cut. We are currently recouperating from several very violent attacks on our persons, including the deaths of several of our prominent members."

She looked at him with the same grave expression that usually inhabited her face. "Does this sound like something you would like to do?"

amipaint2.jpg

Yuusuke sharpened the bone on the animal's skull as they walked. The realism of this simulation continued to surprise him.

This sort of thing would have been helpful when I was in law enforcement.

Yuusuke still missed that line of work. But the Death Strikers were formed to conduct an equally imporant mission. The past was no longer his concern, Yuusuke fully intended to help this organization reach its goals. As he thought about this, they finally crossed a small ridge and saw the base looming below them.

"Drop!"

Yuusuke and Sara both dropped to the ground. Yuusuke's sunglasses were built out of macrobinoculars and they focused on the base below. On the side facing the two Death Strikers, a large electrified fence could be seen surrounding the base. The building wasn't actually a true building. It was more like a collection of different sized buildings crammed side by side. Some extremely tall, others much smaller. There were two guards on this side of the building and one standing on top of one of the buildings above the two guards. At least those were the ones he could see.

"Take a look."

Yuusuke passed the specialized glasses to her.

"Not much security for a top secret weapons laboratory. If you could take out the guards from this side of the fence, I could think I have a way to get us over it."

Yuusuke.jpg

Freedom Fighters? I encountered some freedom fighters during my run as a CorSec agent and that term can have dual meanings. I guess it all depends on the situation. Let's say we help to covertly liberate a government organization in favor of stronger planetary stability. To the people who benefit from this act, we are freedom fighters. To those who we help remove from power, we are viewed as terrorists.

*Mandalore paced from left to right on the landing pad as he spoke. The alien female listened attentively, though carefully watching his every move. He could tell that she didn't trust him, but that was to be expected. It wasn't like he had disabled all of his suit's primary weapons systems.*

To answer your question, yes this organization does interest me and I wish to join. I am not intimidated by those who will seek to destroy us. I am a warrior born. I do not run from battle. I run out to meet it, head on. With that said, I always did get a kick out of putting foot to but for a worthy cause!

Mandalore.jpg

Sara took the glasses and had a look at their objective. She scanned the area, looking closely at where the guards were and what they had to overcome to get there.

"It may not seem like there are many defenses but we better be wary just incase there are some we can't see. If you look closely to the right of that bunker, what do you see?"

Sara had noted that when the guards patrolled that particular area, they followed a set path. Sand had blown over it but had also uncovered what looked to be a mine.

"Looks like they have a mine field in place there. See how they always keep to the same track? I'd guess that they have the whole place covered."

She took out her blaster pistol and checked the charge. She'd only fired it once since the new pack had been on it, so had a few shots left yet. She kicked herself for not putting her other weaponry on before breakfast. One blaster and some bones between two operatives... interesting task. She could see merit in his suggestion, though they would have to watch that minefield. If they could take both guards out at once and as silently as possible, they might stand a good chance of infiltrating un-noticed.

"Do you want the blaster? I can blend in with the shadow's more and might remain unseen long enough to grab up one of their weapons."

She looked back at her fellow Deathstriker for his answer.

Indy nodded. "You speak the truth regarding freedom fighters. However, one could say the same about any group or faction, even the Jedi."

She listened as he spoke about himself. "You say you are a warrior. What made you want to join this organization over the mercenaries or the space pirates, besides your history with CorSec?"

She was beginning to get a picture of this man. He would be a very dangerous foe, and a very beneficial ally. While the Death Strikers desperately needed new members, she wasn't sure if this was the right place for him. The Death Strikers were historically a very elite group, and she wanted to keep it that way, even if it meant sacrificing numbers.

amipaint2.jpg

Where is that lever? Sarrah, a black-furred, two-meter tall Togorian, searched frantically about the cockpit of his new Skipray Blastboat, the Nimbialus, for the lever that controlled hyperspace entry.

Although he was physically powerful, with thick muscles covering every centimeter of his massive body, and was quite a hand-to-hand combatant--although, few people were insane or stupid enough to challenge a Togorian--he was a bit new at this piloting thing. He was remarkably stealthy for such a huge being, and his scimitar-like claws could easily open up a sentient, technology... he was slightly less used to, even with his short service in the Alliance. Male Togorians were hunters, not technicians.

Just as Sarrah located the hyperdrive lever and was about to pull it back, the overrides kicked in and the Nimbialus popped out of hyperspace.

Sarrah took a moment to regard the world... more than a few moments, actually. For roughly a minute, he studied the view, admiring its blue-green surface, covered in oceans and jungles... Although the Togorian had an appreciation for such terrain, he definitely preferred the smooth plains and rolling hills that mimicked his homeworld.

It wasn't until the glow of the planet dominated the fighter's canopy that he snapped out of his reverie and finally hailed the base that he knew was somewhere on Aaris III's surface. "Greetingsss..." his speech had a slight lisp; he hadn't practiced his Basic for some time. "This is Sarrah. I am here to sspeak with the leader of the Deavth Sstrikers, Induran Havbithae."

He had a legitimate reason to be here. He had already communicated with their leader, and she had directed him to this jungle. The Togorian waited patiently for the base's response.

I wouldn't advise shooting a Togorian. It only makes them angry.

--Talon Karrde

A good question. I have a confession to make. I didn't give you my complete background because it didn't seem important at the time. I used to be a mercenary. Well, that is making light of it. I used to a member of the Black Sun. I started out as a bodyguard to the former Black Sun leader, Lord Ny'Zell Reign. My loyalty was without question. I was later promoted to a Vigo where I acquired the resources to later build CorSec.

I guess you are wondering how I went from criminal to law man? Let me explain. It was during my time serving under Lord Reign that it dawned on me why I took my job and my title so seriously. I took pride in knowing that I was able to protect the life of my boss. My reputation as his bodyguard earned me fear and respect. Out of the two, it was respect that I longed for. I never enjoyed the killing. The lives I took were directly related to my appointed job, much like the beings I killed as a CorSec operative. There were no assassins or hitmen under my command for that reason. It was the sense of duty that came from my job, that kept me going long after my taste for the Black Sun had left me.

As for the Pirates? I spent many days hunting down pirates, bringing them to justice. They are the lowest creatures in the criminial food chain. I always hated thieves.

*Mandalore reached up an removed his helmet. For the first time he looked on her with his own eyes. He wiped the sweat from his forehead, then kneeled down on one knee with his head lowered. He raised his head as he began to speak again.*

I have layed it all out on the table. This is who I am. If you except me into your organization, I promise not to fail you. I swear to protect you.....and this organization with my life, if need be. Just give me a chance. I......I just wanna help.

Mandalore.jpg

Indy listened carefully to what the man had to say. As he pledged his loyalty to the Death Strikers, she got a profound feeling that he would hold true.

"Sir, you have proved yourself to me. I accept you into the Death Strikers, and know that you will hold true to your oath," Indy said solemnly. She knew she was still risking the safety of the others, but she got the feeling that it was alright. Besides, she had plans for a meeting in which he would be the perfect one to accompany her.

"I am Induran Habithae, the leader of the Death Strikers," she introduced herself.

Just then, she recieved a message that contained a redirected hail from a nother ship entering the system. She had spoken briefly with Sarrah over a comm, and directed the Togorian to the spot where her and the other man's ships were landed.

"That is another recruit," she explined, having put her comlink away. "He'll be landing shortly. If you would wait for a minute or so while I interview him, then I will escort you down to the base."

amipaint2.jpg

*Mandalore stood up, then put his helmet back on. Then rendered a salute to his new leader.*

"I am at your disposal, commander. It is nice to be part of something greater than myself once again.

Mandalore.jpg

Yuusuke was more than happy to accept Sara's suggestion. He nodded,

"Sounds like a good plan to me. Like I said, being a lawman in the city this isn't exactly my area of expertise. And bones aren't going to get me very far, I need a blaster."

Yuusuke reached up his sleeve and unwraveled his grappling rope. He might not have brought any weapons, but his suit had some of its own surprises. He ripped his right sleeve off,

I loved this suit. All this for a training excercise.

The Death Striker reached up the sleeve ripping the retracting device from the lining. Yuusuke handed it to her with the grappling rope.

"Not sure if this will be much help for you. Some of these buildings are tall, you might be able to get up on a dune and swing over the fence. But don't forget it's electrified."

Yuusuke.jpg

The Nimbialis touched down smoothly, and a few minutes, the Togorian Sarrah appeared at the bottom of the boarding ramp.

He was a fairly massive being, eye-to-eye with most Wookiees, and every single centimeter of his impressive frame was covered in well-honed muscle. He wore no armor at the moment, as the suit of armor the Rebellion issued to him was ruined during his time on Coruscant. Now that was an interesting experience--if it weren't for his natural hardiness and powerful frame, he would have died many times over, crushed under the rubble of the devastated cityscape.

He also openly wore few weapons, only a light blaster at his side and a large hunting knife in a sheathe on his belt. But Togorians were weapons; as felinoids, they had large, scimitar-like claws, easily capable of opening up a human being and even breaking through light armor. And then he had his fangs, great, white calcium hooks, perfectly evolved for ripping into the flesh of beasts larger than him--their effect on a humanoid would be obvious. Simply put, Togorians had evolved to hunt and avoid being seen, despite their large frames.

Not that he was in the mood for violence. Sarrah was ordinarily a peaceful being, and he wasn't especially hungry at the moment. The felinoid was simply aware his great figure was capable of scaring the excrement out of most species.

Sarrah was content in waiting for his hosts to come for him; he was an extremely patient being. The giant felinoid simply stood there, silent and still as an ebony statue.

--Talon Karrde

Indy watched the other ship come gliding through the thin atmosphere and land gracefully on the ground. She waited, and sure enough, the pilot stepped out to the top of the ramp.

Moving up to him, she greeted him in the traditional Codru-Ji fashion of her species--placing all four hands on her stomach and bowing low. "Greetings," she said. "I am Induran Habithae, commander of the Death Strikers."

She held a great respect for Togorians, as they were a very proud species, which was very similar to her own species in that respect. It would be nice, she reflected, to have another non-human in the group. She had been around humans, or at least species that were very similar to humans, so much that she had become almost too human herself. She knew that if Sarrah would join the group, he would add a welcome change of perspective.

amipaint2.jpg

Sarrah returned Induran Habithae's bow, choosing to bend his knees slightly so that he didn't tower over the Codru-Ji. He straightened, then looked the considerably smaller being in the eye.

"Greetingsss, commander. My name is Ssarrah." Sarrah introduced himself with a minor lisp, which he hoped would eventually disappear as he practiced his Basic more.

--Talon Karrde