Moons: 0

Grid Coordinates: M-1

Physical Information

Class: Terrestrial

Atmosphere: Type 1 Breathable

Primary Terrain: dense jungles, sharp and steep mountain ranges, oceans, ruins

Points of Interest: abandoned Death Striker base

Societal Information

Indigenous Species: Aaris (reptilian humanoids, mostly extinct)

Immigrated Species: none

Primary Language(s): none

Faction Affiliation: neutral

Defense Rating: Level 1

JediRP Canon History: Aaris III was home to the main Death Striker base, built by Solaris Industries. Since the dissolution of the Death Strikers, Aaris III has returned to quiet obscurity.

((Summary compiled by Amidala Skywalker. Thank you!))

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

A Corellian freighter by the name of Freedom's Justice exits hyperspace over Aaris III.

The ship flys low over the trees, the pilot scoping out the hills, valleys, and oceans. A scan showed plenty of animal life, but the planet was unsettled. Why, Induran had no idea. The planet was beautiful, secluded, and best of all, unknown to the rest of the galaxy. The perfect place, Indy decided.

She settled the ship down in a rocky canyon and set out to explore the jungles on foot.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

A secure comm comes in to make sure neither the source or recipient can be traced.

Ms. Indurian

We've accepted your request. Please send us a reply (PM will work) outlining the details of what defenses and properties you want this base to have. We've reviewed your financial record and concluded one of your members signed an insurance policy for your ruined base to cover your current expenses.

KVC Enterprises Customer Service

KVCsig.jpg

The monarch of madness has returned!

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since March 2002.]

[2nd in Command of the Lords of Hate since March 2002.]

An other comm also arrived, a bit late due to a couple OOC unfortunate events, but still arriving none the less.

Dear I.H.,

This is Drake Vortex, CEO of Solaris Enterprises. We here at S.E. would be glad to take your request. Currently our R&D department has just finished some new technologies in the areas of base construction and defense. As well, considering your history, you qualify for our "get a base" free card in our relief program.

Should you accept this offer, then I will be happy to meet with you in person to discuss each and every one of your needs....

Drake Vortex

Concord Enterprises"The wave of the future, is here today."

Her comm beeped. As Indy trekked through the jungle, she reviewed both comms. This was a twist she was not expecting. She had decided to choose the company that offered the lowered price, however, both companies were offering free services.

She would have to think about the matter, and do some research to see which company had a history of reliablity.

(Edit 12/28 )

Eventually, Indy came upon a large clearing. The clearing went straight until it jutted up into the base of a mountain. To Indy's right was a large hill, and to the left of the clearing was more jungle. The mountain range was high and forbidding. Indy liked the spot immediately. She pulled out her beckon call, and a few minutes later, her ship landed in the clearing.

Climbing on board, Indy took off, flying low to get an aerial view of the spot. Circling, she could barely notice the clearing. Between the tall jungle trees and the mountains, it was completely shadowed. On the other side of the mountain range, there was a large ocean.

"Perfect," Indy said to herself. She set the ship back down and contacted the contractor she had decided to use.

EDIT: 1/1

"Time to leave," Indy decided. She strapped herself in, and took off. Glancing down at the planet below, she smiled. It felt right. She wasn't a Force-user, but for once, it felt like destiny was smiling at her. Not to say that she wouldn't let her guard down for one second, but she did have some peace of mind about the situation.

Pulling herself out of her reverie, she punched in the coordinates and the ship jumped into hyperspace.

amipaint2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

From space, four large vessels come cruising down towards the surface of the planet. Onboard the lead vessel, the captain looks over maps and read-outs of the surface below. The building site was clearly marked by a red circle, while detailed schematics of the future based slowly rotated in the back screens.

In time, the convoy of four settled down planet side, near the building site. From the cargo bays of the vessels, an entire collection of building machines and personel came pouring out, starting the construction of the future base....

Edited several days later..........

Over the course of a few short days, the base had made alot of progress in its construction. Rising from foundation into metal framework, the major support structures of the base were now in place. From there all the bases piping, wiring, lighting, and what not were begining to form.

Elsewhere, defenses were being placed into retractable shelters and wired up for use. In orbit, three golan defense platforms were brought in. It would be several days before the platforms would be operational, until then things continued to progress....

Concord Enterprises"The wave of the future, is here today."

Mael's ship descended through the atmosphere, and Mael was already pleased. Reminding him of his first home in the Naboo swamps, he was already used to scraping out a living in miserable conditions. While entering the atmosphere, Mael had spotted lights (it was currently night) in the distance and steered his ship towards them.

Doing a quick pass over the settlement, he noticed that it was not fully complete. That means there will be traffic to and from this planet, thus I won't be stranded. Mael brought the ship low to the ground, opened the hatch door, and before leaping out said to the Mon Cal, "Thanks for the ride."

Hitting the ground with a forward roll, he emerged from the crouching position and watched as the ship immediately left the planet. Even if he does bring people here, I can easily hide in the jungle. In the wilderness, the odds are in my favor, even with a Jedi. Just can't ever get caught in the open again.

Approaching the encampment, he searched for someone to talk to. Surely someone will notice him.

Edit: OOC: Oops, sorry guys.

Mael noticed a guard shoulder his rifle out of the corner of his eye. Leaping behind a corner, a shot blasted by. Looks like they don't appreciate company. Spotting a transport boarding, Mael bolted to it, and jumped inside as he heard the alarm go off. The ship began to rise, then left the planet.

michael_scott_gangmember.jpg

Disguised quite effectively as a harmless meteorite as it enters the atmosphere, the probe droid begins its assignment and impacts upon the surface of the planet, extracting itself to provide ample reconnaissance without further detection due to its small size. From a specially-tuned antenna, it begins to send out trace bursts of information to be piggybacked on local HoloNet transmissions. It bears no markings of any kind, and is equipped to handle all terrain, even underwater.

In the darkness we may lurk,

Ever eager for dirty work,

Try to find us if you dare,

But danger lurks, be warned, beware!

Indy's ship lands on Aaris III...after some serious headaches on the way.

She hopped out and walked the rest of the way to her new base. Hopefully, this one would stay undetected. She quickly checked the relay station that she had set up to recieve any communications for her while she was gone and immediately saw one from Moon. She sent a reply back, congradulating him on his job completed and asking for more information.

amipaint2.jpg

An encrypted and untraceable message arrives at Aaris III for Induran Habithae.

--encrypted comm--

We at the Consortium have received your message, and provide you with the following co-ordinates to meet with our operative, who will in turn guide you to our leader after determining a few minor formalities, of course ((Space thread)).

We look forward to a successful partnership.

--end comm--

Be wary what you don't see, for what you don't know can hurt you...

Disguised quite effectively as a harmless meteorite as it enters the atmosphere, the probe droid begins its assignment and impacts upon the surface of the planet, extracting itself to provide ample reconnaissance without further detection due to its small size. From a specially-tuned antenna, it begins to send out trace bursts of information to be piggybacked on local HoloNet transmissions. It bears no markings of any kind, and is equipped to handle all terrain, even underwater.

spaming...nulled.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

• 3 weeks later...

Indy lands near her secret base and steps out of her ship. She quickly finds the head of the construction and asks him how the progress is going.

"Very well," the man reported. "We will inform you when the base is complete. You don't need to stay here. And don't worry, we're following the plans you left us."

She smiled and nodded. "Very well. I do have a few modifications to the layout, but nothing major."

She handed him a datapad. "Drop me a comm when the base is complete."

She then checked her messages (she had none), and seeing that all was in order, once again boarded her ship and took off the jungle planet, headed for an unknown destination.

amipaint2.jpg

• 4 months later...

Sara came out over the planet Aaris III, marvelling at the jewel of a planet below. Again opening up a secure channel to Indi she responded,

"I'll follow you in boss. See you on the ground."

She waited on a response from her new employer.

As the Freedom's Reprise came out of hyperspace, Indy smiled. It was good to have a place to call home.

She answered Sara's comm. "Acknowledged."

She brought her Coreillan ship down and landed in the middle of a mountain range. There was no sign of any buildings, and she knew Sara and Yuusuke would be curious. It was good to see her dream fulfilled. She had designed the base herself.

She climbed out of the ship and waited for Sara and Yuusuke.

amipaint2.jpg

Yuusuke's Corellian Lancet exited hyperspace, and headed for the planet below. He wondered what exactly they were doing here. Yuusuke hadn't remembered visiting this planet before. Vaguely he recalled sending a transmission to Indy here, but he could recall why she had been visiting this planet. Shrugging to himself, the Death Striker shut down his engines and hopped out of the starship. He greeted Indy with a nod.

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

Induran bowed. "Welcome to the Death Striker base," she said. At the confused looks Sara and Yuusuke gave each other, Indy could tell that Vortex Enterprises had done their job very well indeed.

She walked over to a small control panel that was unnoticable if you didn't know where it was. She punched in her code, and suddenly, the ground beneath then began to sink. As the Death Strikers waited, they rode the "ground", which was revealed to be a large moving platform, down into the base of the mountain. It suddenly shifted horizontally, and stopped. The riders found themselves and their ships in a large hanger. The platform deposited them off, then moved back into it's original position.

"Well," Indy said, clearly enjoying herself. "Would you like a tour?"

amipaint2.jpg

Amazing

Yuusuke was truly surprised. And, he had to admit, very impressed at what Indy had accomplished. He had always had confidence in her abilities as leader, but this did a lot to reinforce that. She had lead the Death Strikers, and Yuusuke through very dark times, and seeing this unbelievable new base brought back the memories of why this organization had been started in the first place. To eliminate evil in the galaxy. Yuusuke hadn't been there of course. It was a memory the Moon Knight and Marc Spector had left him with. But that did nothing to diminish his excitement. He suddenly realized he'd been staring in stunned silence for some time. He turned to Indy and spoke,

"Of course we want a tour. But Indy how exactly did you manage this?"

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

Indy smiled. She was very proud of the new base. "Well, I met with Drake Vortex of Vortex Enterprises, showed the plans I had drawn up, and he agreed to make it for me. I had enough funds left in my personal account to make the transfer, though I'm afraid I have very few left to spare now."

She nodded. "I left his workers to complete the job, and from the looks of things, it's laid out exactly to my specifications."

"The reason you cannot see the base from the air," she went on to explain, "is that it's built right up into the mountain range. From the outside, it appears to be another mountain. Therefore, as we go up, each level gets progressively smaller. This hanger is the first sub-level."

She motioned to the turbolift in the center of the hanger. "After you," she said, motioning for Sara and Yuusuke to go first. "If you have any questions at all, feel free to ask. As I said, I drew up the plans myself, so I should be able to answer any questions you might have."

amipaint2.jpg

Sara had followed Indi and Yuusuke, impressed with what she had seen so far. She'd been in a number of interesting places before, with her last employers she had been interesting bases, she just hoped that there were no trap doors that would open up underneath her as her previous boss had joy in doing to his workers. Many a time she had found herself disappearing from a room or even pavement and finding herself in the inner offices of the Bothan Consortium. She hadn't been impressed by those methods of getting to the inner office, prefering her feet to take her rather than a trapdoor.

"I would be grateful for a tour Indi. I hear Drake Vortex is a master with his creations."

((Okay, I'm going to try and give you both an accurate description of the place...so be ready for some long, descriptive posts! ))

Indy nodded. "Indeed, he is."

She decided to work her way up, and so she pressed the button for the first floor. When they arrived, Indy started talking. "This is the ground floor," she explained. "The turbolift is in the center of the building, and runs almost the entire height."

She began to lead them around, describing and stopping in each room they came to. "This is the mess hall," she indicated to a long room on their left. The large double doors opened to reveal a pleasantly situated and decorated room with plenty of tables. "There is a door over there," she pointed to the opposite wall, "that leads outside, since we are even with the ground."

Leaving the mess hall, she continued in a clockwise direction around the building. "This is the tech room" (which was filled with all kinds of interesting, state-of-the-art gadgets), "the pool...the gym...and finally, the med bay."

There were doors linking the pool and the gym, and the gym and the med bay. There was also another door leading outside in the gym.

She led the two back to the turbolift, and they ascended to the second floor, which was slightly smaller, given the cone shape of the building. "On this floor, there are two training rooms to our right and left," Indy indicated. "And two large arenas, to the front and back of us."

The third floor revealed quarters--eighteen rooms in all. "As you can see," Indy said with another smile. "We have plenty of room. Go ahead and pick one out that you like. I'm in R3, down the hall there."

She crossed two of her arms and leaned against the wall. "I'll wait for you here."

Edited by Guest

amipaint2.jpg

"I should have expected it was Vortex. He is a great man."

Drake Vortex had saved Yuusuke's life once. That was not a thing one ever forgot. Enjoying the tour Yuusuke followed Indy and Sara. When they arrived in the barracks, Yuusuke scoped out the available rooms immediately. Instinctively, Yuusuke picked the room closest to the exit. It would leave him in the closest position to stop intruders or attackers if they breached this floor. Yuusuke was baffled by this whole place. It was shaping up to be the perfect base.

But this is a lot of room for three people. It will be impossible to defend this without more recruits.

Perhaps Indy had an answer to that one as well.

This place is still impressive either way. Indy worked a miracle here. Vortex built it, but it was Indy's planning that conceived the whole concept.

Yuusuke walked back out of the room he'd chosen, and waited for them to continue. He spoke to Indy,

"If anyone finds this place now, we'd be in trouble. Will our defenses be enough to protect us until we get more recruits?"

Yuusuke.jpg

((I'll be gone starting tomorrow through July 31. Yuusuke can post my action if neccessary. See ya later!))

After the two had returned, Indy spoke. "Yes, Yuusuke. There are two defense platforms in geo-syncronous orbit over the base, as well as plenty of hidden firepower, and an inpenetrable underground bunker that I can show you later. The walls down there are made of mandalorian iron...nothing will get through. And we can hold our own, even with just the three of us."

Her eyes burned with fire. She was not going to let anything happen to this base.

The Codru-Ji led them back into the turbolift. "The fourth floor is the main communications/headquarters floor."

She stepped out. On the right was a large galaxy map; on the left, a full wall filled with communications stations. "In the corners are offices. Clockwise, the head of intelligence office, my office, the tech office, and a spare office."

Here the turbolift stopped. Indy turned to Yuusuke and Sara with a grin. "Wanna see my favorite place?"

Not waiting for an answer, she opened the door to her office and went to the back of the room. There was a small stairway there, and Indy climbed up it.

The others followed, and when the three reached the top, they were blown away. The walls were transparent, and as they were at the peak of base, they could see for miles. In one direction stretched the mountains. In another, miles of forest, and in another, the large lake that the base was situated next to.

Indy stood in awe. It was more stunning than she had expected. "The walls are made of one-way transparasteel," she explained breathlessly. "From the outside, it looks like just metal. It's a little-known technology from Telos."

She turned away, towards the other two Death Strikers. "There is a comm system throughout the building, and almost every modern convenience. So, make yourselves at home."

amipaint2.jpg

Sara was very impressed by the facilities around the base. Drake Vortex had done a wonderful job when he constructed the base. She'd selected a room not far from Indi's and was awed at the modern, spacious room. The view from the cone was amazing and Sara stood there silent for a long moment.

"Very nice... I love it Indi."

She paused for a while, just gazing around at the scenery before turning back to the other two.

"I think I might check out the gym. I've been lax with my fitness of late. It'll be good to work out the kinks again."

She turned and headed down to her room firstly to get changed into some exercise clothing, then headed to the gym to begin her workout.

• 1 month later...

After doing several things around the base, Induran headed to the uppermost level. She sighed, looking out over the lush jungle of the planet. It was times like these when she missed Myth.

One by one, everyone that had meant something to her had disappeared. First Myth, then Mira, then the first Moon....and all the others. Now, she was down to Yuusuke and Sara.

She shook her head. No matter what she wished, she could relive the past. She couldn't bring back old friends. The Death Strikers were her organization, and it was time to make them a small, yet noble force in the galaxy.

Finding her way downstairs, she sought out Yuusuke first.

amipaint2.jpg

Yuusuke's dreams were troubled. Though he'd rejected the mantle of Moon Knight, some of the memories and residual power of Marc Spector remained in his mind. Often he was plagued with vision-like dreams, some pleasant, but most were of violent battles conducted in the days of the Old Republic and even beyond. But his dream was different, more vivid than he'd had in quite a while. He stood in the Temple of the Moon watching the ghost of Marc Spector conversing with a strange man with wild black hair. Yuusuke could not make out what they were saying. The shade of Marc guided the man to the altar. It was the same thing that had happened to him when he had become the Moon Knight. With sudden abruptness the vision cut out, and Yuusuke awoke. He almost cried for the sudden emptiness he felt within.

The last of my connection with Marc Spector must have been broken. But why now?

The realization was quick. There was only one reason that it would happen after over a year. A new Moon Knight had been chosen. Yuusuke knew it was for the best, he was not suited to the duty. But he still couldn't help feeling as if he'd failed somehow. The former FLEA officer looked outside. It was well past dawn now. He dressed quickly, in his usual dark black suit. Yuusuke opened the door just as Indy came around the corner.

"Good morning. As you can see, I've picked a room. I think Sara has too."

Yuusuke.jpg

A smile spread across the Codru-Ji's face. "Good morning, Yuusuke. I hope you slept well."

She came up beside him. "Care to get some breakfast with me?"

She knew he wouldn't disagree, so she began walking down to the mess hall.

amipaint2.jpg

Yuusuke followed Indy. He didn't think he would be hungry after his troubled night, but his stomach was aching at the smell of food. Yuusuke loaded up a plate and sat across from the Death Striker leader.

"This is the first time in a while we've been able to relax. I think the Death Strikers have finally found a home."

Yuusuke.jpg

Her own plate full, Indy smiled sadly at her companion. "Yes, it does feel like home. I hope that this time, we can prevent it from being destoryed."

Shaking her head to clear it of the dark memories that sprung up at that statement, Indy changed the subject. "Yuusuke...I...well, I just wanted to let you know that you mean a lot to me. All of the people in my life have either been taken from me, deserted me, or been killed. I appreciate our friendship so much."

She paused. "And I just want to let you know, that although it's never been made official, I consider you a full-fledged Death Striker, and my right-hand."

She took a bite. "So, I've told you...now it's official," she smiled.

amipaint2.jpg