Haruun Kal

BLCKCLONE

Rain drizzled from the heavens above, nurturing the plant life below as it's moistened form exploded on impact and soaked into the soil with little trace. The sun had began to set, the mixture of purple, red, and gold lining the distant horizon as another day came to a subtle close. Not far from a lone hut, on a hollowed log found upon the grassy plain sat a lonely little Togruta girl, her arms clutched tightly around a worn doll as tears rolled down her innocent face.

Her stomach growled fiercely, aching with hunger. Yet she would not enter the hut. Her skin rose and fell with shivers, her body temp falling wit the evening sun, yet she would would not seek shelter. Tears of guilt and sorrow fell down her face as more and more came forth, painful memories of what laid inside the hut haunting her very soul. She drifts to sleep, the overcoming hunger and tears succumbing the young girl to sleep as dreams of distant memories take hold.

A woman stumbles in the door, drunken and painfully torn by a past she had never asked for. Enraged by the sight of the young girl before her, she tosses aside the bottle of ale found within her hand.

"Mommy!" The girl exclaims, jumping up from her seated position and lovingly runs toward the drunken woman, arms wide open ad a gleefully smile encompassing her face. "Your home mommy! Your home!"

The child body flies across a nearby table, her body going limp and fear spreads like wildfire as she looks up to view her mom rushing after her. Tears fall from her face as the woman's hand makes contact with her innocent cheek again and again. She wonders what she did wrong to displease her mother so much, what it was that made her mother hate her so.

"I'm sorry mommy! I'm sorry!" She screams through the pain, begging and pleading for her mother to stop and love her again. "Please stop! I love you!"

Suddenly a urge takes over her body, the instinct to survive, the notion to live. Her mother's form flies backwards with astonishing force, a mysterious hand grabbing her drunken form and yanking her off. Her body twists an crumbles as it lands, the sound of breaking and tearing echoing through the empty hut as her lifeless body comes to a rest upon a nearby sofa before it slumps to the floor. The girl turns, her face swollen and her legs broken as she stares into the empty eyes of her mother.

"Nooooooo! Mother!" Kari shouts, waking up in a fastened pace, her heart pounding and sweat dripping from her body as she tosses aside the sheets. Another nightmare had ruined a night o peaceful sleep. Wiping the tears from her eyes, she rises, opening the viewport and knocking on Ghost's durasteel cranium.

"Rise and shine, sleepy head." Kari spoke with a chuckle, grabbing her cloths and heading toward the refresher. "We've another long day ahead of us."

Kari days as a youngling had been over for quite some time now, but her life within the Order was far from over. She had taken on the life of an Adept, helping out with the every day chores of the Temple. It hadn't been long since her transfer to the Haruun Kal Temple when the Temple at Gala was lost, but Kari was adjusting well. Or was until the recent attack. With her T3 unit, Ghost, in tow, Kari headed out toward the Sector she had been assigned to.

"Okay Ghost, let's crank this door loose so the salvage units can clean it up."

As Ghost hacked the door's security, Kari began to pry it open with help of a crowbar. But deep down, her mind was lost in the nightmare that still haunts her dream every night. After all these years, why can't she forget her life on Shili?

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png

Steel creaked and bellowed as she flexed and strained upon the crowbar, her bright orange skin pouring forth sweat and gleam. Kari had always preferred to work alone, perhaps a product of her mother's outcasting herself as well as Kari upon her knowledge of the fetus growing inside her. None could tell the true tale as to why Kari's mother hated her so, but Kari had long found salvation in solitude.

"Damn it." Kari swore, slamming her fist into the durasteel door. The young Togruta looked to her side, Ghost's bright blue photoreceptor looking upon her with a look of understatement as her continued his work, still valiantly attempting to splice his way in. She chuckled, wiping the sweat from upon her forehead and montrals as she placed her back against the cold hard frame to rest. "Guess it's going to be as stubborn as i can sometimes be."

Silently she slid down, taking a seat as she reached into her bag and pulled forth a small flask of water. Taking a sip, she set it aside, closing her eyes as she waited for her slender body to cool. She listened to the salvage droids running up and down every corridor, to Ghost as he continued his endeavor despite her need to rest. They had been at the door for a few hours now with no avail, but he stood relentless.

Kari had often thought about giving the droid a good memory wiping, but never could. The two had held fond memories of each's past, the two companions having been together nearly six years now. It was unusual to see such an old droid still in service. But when she happened upon him in the old ruins of the Ossus conclave, she repaired the old astromech and named him Ghost.

"Almost got it..... There" A young Togruta girl spoke as she closed shut the front paneling of a ancient T3-C7 astromech droid. With a heartily chuckle, she activated the droid's powercore and watch in amazement as it sprung to life an beeped loudly at it's new Master. The young girl threw her arms around the droid in a display of affection. "Hmmm. Let's see. What shall we call you?"

The young girl looked upon the solid white droid with much thought, gazing into his bright blue photoreceptor lens as she carefully searched for the perfect name. She knew he was old, his make having been long discontinued for over four millennia. And because his former Master had likely died long ago, he was without ownership until now. Again she chuckled.

"We will call you Ghost." The Togruta girl spoke as she turned to put away her tools before turning back. Approving the name, the T3 unit replied in bleeps and buzzes before turning to gaze his new surroundings of the new Ossus temple. The young girl smiled once again. "You know Ghost. I think this will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

Kari wakes up as Ghost pokes her in the leg, causing her to realize she had dozed off. Quietly she rises, dusting off the back of her pants and buttock as she grabs for the crowbar.

"Sorry Ghost." Kari spoke, apologizing for her drifting to sleep as she began to once again pry away at the door. Ghost bleeps and buzzes for a moment, but continues at his task. Kari smiles, her dream a fond memory his time rather than those that had been keeping her up at night. "Guess i haven't been sleeping much at night anymore."

It was then that Kari realized they were no longer alone, the echolocation of her montrals pointing to a lone person watching her work. Perhaps it was one of the older adepts, or even the rare visitation of a Jedi, Kari could not tell. The thought of a Jedi watching her work brought a slight hope that she might be taken on as an Padawan. But Kari ignored it, not wishing to get her hopes up.

Suddenly the door came ajar, it's metal form creaking as it opened and heat from outside rushed in, throwing dust into Kari's youthful face. Coughing, Kari attempted to wave loose the dust that had gathered into her eyesight as she peered in. Just as she had figured, the room had caved in due to the recent attack, and rubble had jarred the door shut. Moving aside as a legion of salvage droids swarmed the room, Kari watched the Knight approach her.

"How can i help you Master Jedi?" Kari spoke, her voice having not quite caught up with puberty yet, causing her tone to be rather soft and almost childish. "My name is Kari Koi, Jedi Adept and Hopeful."

"People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own souls. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious." - C.G. Jung

karismol.png

"Master Jedi?!" Kari spoke, half startled by the arrival of the Jedi Master, her attention span having completely overlooked his approach. Calming herself, she shook off the surprise, allowing her composure to return. "Please, just call me Kari. I am not yet a padawan.... but one day i hope to be."

Kari had paused for a moment during the clarification, her dream to become one of the Order the only solid strength within her. She found it quite odd, as she gazed upon his robust face, that two Jedi had approached her today while those visiting from the Order often went about their own lives during their stay. Yet here stood two of the Order, both requesting her presence. She tried to hold i in, but within her gaze, one could see the hope building within her that today would be the day she had prayed for.

"Long way from Sullust for a simple message, wouldn't you say?" Kari replied with a hearty chuckle, giving her hand in return as she listened to his inquiries. While in truth she held very little answers, she tried to provide what she could. "I am not quite sure myself what happened here, but the rumor mill speaks of a Sith attack. I was in the village northeast of here gathering supplies for Ghost when it happened."

Kari pauses again, this time shame swelling within her gaze as she thinks about her absense during the attack. Lives were lost and injuries were substained, and because she had been away, she was powerless to help protect those she might have been able to save.

"I... I regret that i had been away, powerless to stop it." Kari sighed silently, placing more guilt upon herself as she had always done. The tragic accident with her mother, the attack at Gala, and now this. She carried unavoidable burdens that one as young as she should never have to carry, especially when she wasn't to blame. Suddenly a cheerful smile returns as it always did, a feeble attempt to hide her true emotions.

"I'll gladly assist you, Master Aryan, in any way that i can. But i'm afraid the Temple has no leadership at the moment. I have noticed other Masters about, but they come and go, merely passing through. I suspect the Order won't place a Watchmen here until the restoration is complete."

karismol.png

His words were a beckon of hope for young Kari, the Togruta hopeful's eyes lighting up like Coruscant at day's break. She found comfort in his belief in her, in her abilities, something she felt no one had ever taken notice of before. Her mind drifted back momentarily, the words of her mother, the hate she felt toward Kari for her father's crimes. Not even her own mother believed she could be destined for something great. After all, her own mother had blamed her for her miserable life, so much so, that Kari had long believed her mother.

But Kari was not ready for his next few words to the Jedi Knight Dashel, her gaze quickly shifting upon the Jedi Master in disbelief as soon as he spoke them. Her emotions ran amok, her mind dazed and confused by those simple words. 'Was she dreaming?'.... 'Had he really said them?'.... 'Was she ready?' Kari had always dreamed of this day, and yet, as it transpired, it all seemed surreal. Her gaze quickly shuffled toward Dashel, awaiting his response as the two conversed. It seemed she was finally going to become a Jedi Padawan.

"Did you hear that Ghost?!" Kari spoke in a low tone as she turned toward her astromech protege', a excited grin stretched across her face. "I'm going to become a Jedi. After all this time, my dream to belong is finally here!"

Ghost replied with a few beeps and buzzes, and Kari chuckled, completely oblivious to what was transpiring before her. Atleast for a moment, until she caught the arrival of Dashel's approach, her montrals singing a saddened tune within his step. She gazed deep into his own eyes as he took her hand, a sudden realization that both had wanted her as a padawan. It saddened her slightly, to see a sort of hurt in his eyes that he would not be her teacher. But what he spoke was true. For within Kari's heart, she had chosen the other.

She watched for a moment as he departed, the recent find within the room she had unearthed taking priority. Her face held a look of sadness and apology, Kari knowing she was unable to do anything to change the will of the Force. But Kari also knew in time, Dashel would move on and find another truly worthy of his teachings. It was the will of the Force that a Jedi lived by, and it was theirs to understand. Turning her head as Dashel turned back to look, Kari's gaze caught Master Aryan's own. With a chuckle of innocence, the moment of sadness had passed.

"There is not much to know about me...." Kari spoke as she took Master Lusef's hand, Ghost quickly following in tow after his conversation with Kala. Within moments, Kari and Master Lusef were passed the door that she and Ghost had been working on and were soon out of sight of Dashel and the others. "I was adopted by the Order when i was five, not long after my Mother passed.... My life within the Order began on Coruscant, then to Ossus after the temple's destruction. After Ossus, it was Gala and finally here to Haruun Kal as an Adept until i would be taken on as a Jedi Padawan."

Kari paused for a moment after mention of her Mother, becoming very apparent that there was a hidden and painful past on the subject. It was not something she would would open up very easily, and in fact, she had never talked about it before. The only time anyone had ever caught wind of it was through her nightmares, when she woke up screaming. Kari stops for a moment, her mind lost upon Master Lusef's last question. She had never been asked what it was her heart truly desired, so she found herself looking for the answer. When she found it, she turned to him, tears strolling down her cheeks.

"I want the power to save lives and end pain, so that others will never have to suffer or feel as if they are burdens upon others. I have watched many succumb to that very feeling, hate and anger birthed from things beyond one's control. No one should ever feel that way, nor experience such a thing. No one."

karismol.png

Alot of what Master Aryan spoke of made sense, Kari drying the tears from her face as she listened to his words. She knew the consequences of emotion- a little too well for her liking. But deep down Kari also felt that if what causes those emotions could be prevented, then their birth could be prolonged as well. Then again, prolonging the inevitable could be even harsher on one. In the end, Kari found herself so confused.

"But Master... What if these emotions do not come natural?" Kari spoke, her big brown eyes looking upon the man with a pain buried within her gaze that only one who experienced could give off. "What if these emotions were forced upon you before you were even born, a twist of fate that you held no control over?"

Now truthfully, Kari spoke of herself in the last question. She knew her birth had been a by-product of rape, her father a monster of the worst and obscene kind. So it was only natural for her to wonder too, that she might become a monster as well by birthright. But Kari desperately tried to hide this behind others, as if she was asking about someone else instead of herself. Deep down though, she really wanted for him to say she wouldn't become a monster like that of her father. Her mother had always seemed to think so.

"But if you think, even then, that such things can be controlled... Then teach me how Master, so that i may teach others."

karismol.png

Kari watched her Master, finding herself still hinged on his every word, her gazed fixed on his every motion. She watched as her closed his eyes, she felt as he placed his hand on her shoulder. She had never felt such comfort with anyone, and deep down, began to feel something for this man. She wasn't quite sure what it was. But it was there, this feeling of unconditional comfort, this feeling that a daughter would feel for her Father. Trust for him was beginning to build.

"I will try, Master..." Kari spoke, taking the seat opposite of Master Lusef. Her tone had softened, the hint of painful emotions and erratic conscience subsiding. For now, her voice returned to it's usual childish, soft, caring voice. Looking toward her Master, Kari smiled. "I am ready."

The first emotion was one Kari was all too familiar with, a sudden wave of sadness taking hold of her mind and causing pain to grip her heart and bring forth more tears. But unlike before, Kari did not weep over her Mother's hate. No, this time Kari weep for another reason, a reason she had never experienced before. Kari had no siblings that she knew of. o, to weep over a sister she never had came strange to her. Yet, she could not help herself. Continuously, Kari wept uncontrollably.

Suddenly she stopped.

The second emotion was a rarity for young Kari. It was true, that on occasion, Kari felt the emotion of joy- such as her completion of Ghost so many years ago. But it happened not too often. So, as this emotion washed over her body, Kari revelled in it just slightly. She felt this joy, over a triumph and personal success comfortably, despite not having an idea why she felt this way. She knew the Force was as mysterious as life it's self. Yet she had never known it to be able to create such false emotions. Oh the possibilities.

But despite her attempts, she could still feel it's every sensation.

The third emotion was one she had never felt before. And before she could even attempt to counteract it, it consumed her. She felt her body tingle beyond comprehension, her mind lost within complete bliss. It was amazing, wonderful, ecstatic. It was too good to be true. Kari soon found herself lost to it's power. It was as if nothing that had ever happened to her no longer mattered. Not her Mother's hate. Not her Father's fate. Not even her failures, nor the suffering of others. Nothing mattered. Absolutely nothing.

So as this emotion left her, Lusef could sense this was one she did not want to let go of.

The fourth emotion came with more than meant. For with confusion, often came the emotions of fear and doubt. The sensation of being lost within a prison overcame her mind, causing rational thought and sense of being to slowly dissipate. But her resistance was growing stronger, that much Lusef could feel. For despite his strength over her's, Kari was trying to rationalize those very emotions and the current situation. It was hard, her head beginning to hurt. But Kari tried to resist. Fear, doubt, confusion- these were life devastating emotions.

"I can't, Master...." Kari yelled out to Lusef, her tone once again returning to his frightened tone. She felt as if she had failed, and her spirit began to weaken. Try as she had, she could not master her emotions easily. "I just can't! I'm sorry Master. I'm sorry Mother."

Suddenly, by will of the Force and Kari's growing connection with Lusef, the Jedi Master caught a glimpse of his padawan's former life- even if he could not tell it.

Rage filled her mind as the woman struck her blow after blow. The woman, drunk and unaware of her actions, told the girl of her hate for her and that she held no right to live. Pain surged through her body as bones broke inside her body, the feeling in her legs leaving and the throbbing that ached so effortlessly upon her childish face. Her big brown eyes staring up at the woman, blurred by tears. And in an instant, a sudden release washed over her and an instinct to survive came to mind.

All went quiet and dark. Only the vision of the woman's form going limp as it impacted, it becoming twisted and lifeless as it falls to the floor, can be seen before the vision leaves Lusef's mind. The last of the vision showing what Kari saw as she stared into her mother's cold eyes.... death.

Kari's power could be felt growing with each passing emotion. And as the last two emotions wash over her mind, a spark ignites within her. Love was never an emotion Kari had experienced before, just as was ecstasy. Despite it's strong urges, Kari had began to develop an ability to block it. And hate would never be an emotion Kari could possess, forgiveness of an innocent heart unconditional even despite one's ability to place blame on themselves. It would be nearly impossible for her to hate even her mother in return, let alone another.

Suddenly Lusef recognizes his connection with Kari's mind had gone blank, Kari staring back at him with her usual innocent smile, a cheerful gleam in her eye. But even more amazing, was that Kari had begun to connect powerfully wih the Force.

"I could never hate Master.... even if one tried to force it upon me."

karismol.png

That question, it was as if something pierced young Kari's heart when Lusef asked it. She felt the lump in her stomach grow, her nerves strolling out of control as his words reached her montrals. Her body began to shake to a barely visible degree, her skin growing pale as if she had seen a ghost. Kari turned away, placing her hand upon the chair to maintain her balance. She knew the day would come when one asked her that very question, but what she didn't know was how to answer it.

"I... I'm sorry, Master..." Kari spoke, her words jumbled together and echoing of her nervous shake as she spoke them, her jaw trembling as she tried to hold back the tears urging to release. "I.... I'm not ready- to speak about that. I.... I don't remember."

Some of it was true, but some of it wasn't. She held the memories of that day, but only from her nightmares. Though she knew it to be true, a part of her had always hoped it was merely a bad dream. For if it was true, Kari had killed her mother- with the help of the Force, and truly became the monster her mother swore she would be. Turning back to Lusef, she attempted to hide her pain with a smile, though both knew she had failed.

"Shall we continue?"

karismol.png

Kari examined her Master for a brief moment as he mentioned her possibly having witnessed he mother's death, a suspicion that he possibly knew the truth- maybe even felt it through her, grew within her gaze. Could he know? Kari questioned herself in thought as she shifted her gaze, looking toward the floor in confusion as she listened to him speak. But her gaze soon shifted back in guilt as he made his promise of justice toward her mother's killer.

She grew worried as he made this promise, her mouth opening to speak in reply, hoping to throw off the promise by saying that she held no want for justice. But before she could, he continued on, leaving Kari to only look upon him with a mundane look.

Deep down she felt guilty she did not tell Master Lusef, but Kari wasn't sure if she ever wanted anyone to know the truth. Hell, she didn't want to know the truth herself. Silently, Kari shook the subject from her mind as she took heed to his words, such a painful subject as that merely a distraction to any studying padawan. Instead, she crawls to the floor and sits cross legged in front of Lusef as she had seen so many before her do during her stay at the Temples.

Beyond the void, beyond emotion, there is energy.

Kari closes her eyes, letting his words soothe her heart and soul, letting go of the emotions he had taught her to ignore earlier. She breathes in deeply, searching for the Force within her. Deeper she delves, emotions flowing from within her and soon growing silent as they disappear. She feels calm as his words grip her mind, along with the words of many Masters she had eavesdropped on as they taught their padawans. Once again, Kari feels that spark of life within her.

One coin, two sides.

Kari remembers back to Master Lusef's previous words, his belief that the Force it's self manifested both light and dark, love and hate, all emotions- and those who controlled themselves could control the Force. The spark intensifies as she studies her inner heart, searching herself for who she truly was, to discover which side her coin would fall upon. Her path, still yet undecided by fate, stemmed from her own past and the blocks she had placed around it. With this self realization, a flame within her ignited.

Let yourself become one, child, feel it, and bend it to your will.

Kari could feel a strange sensation overcome her. Though she held her eyes closed shut, she could sense everything around her. She could feel Master Lusef in front of her, the room in which they resided, the small orb in which he too focused upon. She focused more, the flame within her building as she did. More details came to mind, such as a lamp beside the window, books lining the shelves- and their knowledge contained within, and even a locust crawling behind the chairs near the door. Kari, amazed by what she felt, had never imagined such infinite possibilities.

Don't let it drop.

Kari reacted, searched quickly for what it was that which he spoke of. In a matter of mere seconds, she located the falling smoke bomb and grasped for it. Calmly Kari open her eyes, and in front of her hovered the smoke bomb. Smiling, Kari looked toward her Master. She had done it. Bringing the small orb to rest within her palm, her face turned grim. It was time her secret be told.

"It was i who killed my mother. I am the monster she swore i would be."

karismol.png

((Excuse the absence. Phone Company has been working on the phone lines in my area, so my Internet has been off and on for the past few days now.))

Kari searched her Master's face after she told her tale, trying to read his expressions, looking for any hint of what he felt over the horror she had committed at such a tender age. Instead it remained impassive, still and cold, as if time it's self had forgotten to etch it's portrait. At first, she felt ashamed as she always had. Yet this time it was a stronger urge, as if she wanted to disappear from the Galaxy it's self. But as his words emerged, she felt something entirely different.

"Thank you Master." Kari began to speak, rising up from upon the floor and dusting herself off, her gaze shifting toward his once more and a saddened smile slowly creeping across her face. "But i do not wish to hide this secret anymore. The Order may do as they wish, but it's time i face my crime."

In truth, though, it was more of redemption she wished to ensue, a way to make up for what she had done to her Mother- or try to at least. She was tired of the guilt, the nightmares and the past haunting her very soul, and deep down she wanted punishment for what she had done. That might be the reason why she wished to become a Jedi in the first place. But to tell of her tale, to speak about that day in detail, to relive it- well that was a bit harder to do.

"Search my mind and heart, Master." Kari spoke, her head now hung as she grabs her arm and twists her right foot back and forth upon the floor below- a sign of her true age escaping for just a subtle moment. "It may be easier to show you my nightmare, rather than tell you something i only remember from my dreams."

Kari calmly clears her mind, bringing forth memories long forgotten, alive only by the haunting of nightmares. If Lusef searches deep enough, Kari has opened the door to her psyche.

Rain drizzled from the heavens above, nurturing the plant life below as it's moistened form exploded on impact and soaked into the soil with little trace. The sun had began to set, the mixture of purple, red, and gold lining the distant horizon as another day came to a subtle close. Not far from a lone hut, on a hollowed log found upon the grassy plain sat a lonely little Togruta girl, her arms clutched tightly around a worn doll as tears rolled down her innocent face.

Her stomach growled fiercely, aching with hunger. Yet she would not enter the hut. Her skin rose and fell with shivers, her body temp falling wit the evening sun, yet she would would not seek shelter. Tears of guilt and sorrow fell down her face as more and more came forth, painful memories of what laid inside the hut haunting her very soul. She drifts to sleep, the overcoming hunger and tears succumbing the young girl to sleep as dreams of distant memories take hold.

A woman stumbles in the door, drunken and painfully torn by a past she had never asked for. Enraged by the sight of the young girl before her, she tosses aside the bottle of ale found within her hand.

"Mommy!" The girl exclaims, jumping up from her seated position and lovingly runs toward the drunken woman, arms wide open ad a gleefully smile encompassing her face. "Your home mommy! Your home!"

The child body flies across a nearby table, her body going limp and fear spreads like wildfire as she looks up to view her mom rushing after her. Tears fall from her face as the woman's hand makes contact with her innocent cheek again and again. She wonders what she did wrong to displease her mother so much, what it was that made her mother hate her so.

"I'm sorry mommy! I'm sorry!" She screams through the pain, begging and pleading for her mother to stop and love her again. "Please stop! I love you!"

Suddenly a urge takes over her body, the instinct to survive, the notion to live. Her mother's form flies backwards with astonishing force, a mysterious hand grabbing her drunken form and yanking her off. Her body twists an crumbles as it lands, the sound of breaking and tearing echoing through the empty hut as her lifeless body comes to a rest upon a nearby sofa before it slumps to the floor. The girl turns, her face swollen and her legs broken as she stares into the empty eyes of her mother.

Kari opens her eyes, tears falling from them like the rain that fell the day she was found by the Order, like the day she buried her mother. Now Lusef knew her story. Now her past had been revealed.

karismol.png

Kari felt a subtle change within her, a mixture of emotions overcoming her in the slightest fashion. Of course, it would be awhile before Lusef's implantation grew to bare fruit, and Kari would soon make the realization of the the fact that she hates her mother. But the true question laid in the deepest slumber of Kari's mind. Lusef may have manipulated words, but could he change what was already there? Could Lusef turn hate into a deeper version of hate? For Kari had long hated her mother for what she had done.

A child raised of hate, only learns to hate. But a child raised and taught by hate, upon learning of love, can seek redemption. This would be Kari's crossroads. Kari listens closely to Master Lusef's words, learning the wisdom of his own story, one much like her's. She ponders on it's meaning, her and Lusef's chance meeting, and what it meant for her. She looks at Lusef, then into herself within a nearby viewport, reflecting upon herself and his words.

Lusef, despite his past, had become a Jedi Master. Kari, with a past very much like his, was following a similar path. Could the Force be showing her something? She was beginning to grow curious of these two's paths crossing. Kari takes a deep breath, walking up and Master Lusef and places a hand upon his shoulder- as in an attempt to comfort him.

"You stand correct Master." Kari speaks, an unusual cheerfulness present within her tone, almost as if an invisible pressure had been lifted from upon her shoulders and her life no more abnormal than most. "We did what we had to do survive. It is because of that will, that we stand here today, alive and well. If the Force had willed it otherwise, we would not."

Memories are such strange things, like butterflies of one's past. Step on a certain one, and it is said that one's future could be eternally altered. Dangerous territory even for one who wishes to corrupt fate.

karismol.png

Kari rises with him, her gaze still fixated upon his own as he speaks of traveling to Tatooine. In truth, Kari had always been curious about the planet, a wasteland where more life thrives than even on Shili, it's twin suns creating the harshest of environments. With a nod, she excuses herself and heads back toward her room in a haste. Ghost, on the other hand, simply stays put- he's know to be quite lazy at times.

Kari had little possessions, so it wouldn't take quite long for her to gather them all, let alone on what she would need on his journey. Throwing her spare cloths along with other odds and ends- such as mechanical parts for Ghost, clothing for Tatooine's harsh environment and a few M.R.E. Food packets. In little than ten minutes, Kari was ready. Stopping by her closet on her way to the door, Kari grabbed her Jedi Katana and Electrostaff, and headed back toward Lusef's location.

"I am ready Master." Kari spoke as she arrived, a bright smile etched across her face as thoughts of visiting the legendary planet of Tatooine crossed her mind vividly. "If you are in need of transportation, my ship "Night Owl" is just over there in Hanger A-13. It was a gift from the head Master on Gala when i was transferred here as an Adept. Not much for a 720 Freighter, but she's dependable."

karismol.png

Kari nodded toward Master Lusef, a humble look upon her face, as she motioned him aboard her ship with Ghost closely in tow. While Kari stashed her gear within the quarters of her ship, Lusef offered the chance as well, Ghost went about the duties of a first-mate and ran the ship's pre-flight tests. Her ship, despite the war-torn exterior was quite pleasant in the interior. Fresh carpeting and walling was visual, the quarters had been remodeled recently, and all the electronics had been upgraded with state of the art technology- quite strange for an Adept with little income. But other than the recent interior designs, the ship was quite classical. No out of the ordinary modifications had been done.

"It's not the flying that is a problem for me,..." Kari spoke as the two reached the cockpit and lifted off, the starboard side striking a loose pipe that released a steady stream of harmless gases out into close quarters. "It's the landing and taking off i haven't gotten used to."

Kari chuckled and took the ship out into airspace, leveling quite elegantly and stable as she plotted a course for Tatooine. Once it was dialed in, Night Owl shot out the atmosphere and into hyperspace, leaving behind Haruun Kal and beginning a new chapter in Kari's young life.

karismol.png

• 4 months later...

Kari sits quietly alone aboard her ship, her thoughts focused and her mind at ease for the time being, the can crumpled within her grasp. She simply stared at it's wrinkled form, remembering Lusef's words yet unable to shake a feeling that felt so wrong, so unnatural. She knew he had his reasons for teaching her to choke someone unconscious, but all it would take would be a minor miscalculation or a flare of one's temper to spell certain death for the receiving end.

But despite her unease with her new skill, she let her mind forget it, and laid complete trust in his instructions. Doing as she did twice before, she delved into the Force, allowing her mind to becom one with the metal a raise the can to a shadow of it's former shape. Grasping it, she hovering it at eye level before crushing it again with the closing of her fist.

"Kari my dear sister..." Ventra... or rather Tori, spoke as her form grew from the shadows that lined the cargo's corridors. Lusef would feel her presence, but only due to his connection with Kari. "He only teaches you to survive where other's could not."

karismol.png

• 2 weeks later...

"It would be my pleasure to learn from you, Master Trevelian." I spoke, with shock. I had wondered if he would take me on, but i never truly believed he would. I went silent for a moment, my gaze adverting upon his companion as i realized something. "But what your other Padawan?"

Of course i spoke of Darla, as my hand motions suggested. And i was mistaken in my assumption, though at the time i truly thought of her as his padawan learner. Little did i know. "I have heard of Masters taking on more than one, but thought it was under rare circumstances."

Jin.jpg

2dsn11t.jpg

As Lusef bursts in, Kari fall to her knees from surprise and heartache, a truth having been realized with not a words spoken. Ventra on the other hand boils with anger as Lusef speaks, even thoughts of beheading the bastard right where he stood crossed her mind. Yet she stood in quietness, watching in pain as her older sister fell apart at the realization that Angela was dead.

"You and i need to talk in private Lusef Aryan..." Ventra speaks aloud, her hand reaching down to grasp her sister's shoulder in an attempt to console her. As she departs toward another part of the ship, a mental touch grasps Faust's mind. "And do not worry about my presence attracting attention. They would notice you before they would me."

"This was what i was afraid of!" Ventra explodes upon him as they clear Kari's ear, the Sith slamming her fist into the durasteel paneling. "You have my gratitude for reviving her true form. But this is something that Kari should NEVER remember. It was she that killed Angela. Though i was able to hinder her memories, during times of duress such as a drunken mother beating her child, Kari's instinct would return. And with it, came her former knowledge."

Meanwhile, Kari remains within the cargo hold, finding her form still slumped upon the ground as her eyes grow heavy from her crying. Slowly the crying hinders, fading as if carried away upon the distancing wind, until finally it stops and Kari falls to sleep. She still had yet to remember the truth, but little did Tori know she could never stop it. Kari was fated to carry her burdens. And not even Tori could overpower her sister.

"The woman her cloned version knew as Mother, was Angela- Our sister. I can never forgive her for scarring Kari as sh did, but Kari and I were able to escape." Ventra speaks, her cold tone calmed. "Angela wasn't blessed by the gift, and after our mother died, became her. Nor did she know Kari was cloned, believing her to be an abomination just as our other taught us to believe that we were."

"I just didn't see any of this at the time."

karismol.png

Ventra studied hm as he listened, a spark of something emmitng from his presence, though leaving as quick as it came. "Interesting.."

"You know better than anyone that family bonds are impossible to break..." Ventra's tone shows frustration at his demands, her brows wrinkled as the witch stares upon him idly. "Even the distance of space cannot seperate our knowing." Her face finds it's self blank after a thought, her head slowly finding it's way to the floor. "After Shili, i will bother you no more. But mark my words Sith. Try to harm her, and you will find a cold death upon my hands."

karismol.png

Ventra holds sturdy a firm look of hatred upon her face as he mocks her, his taunts though realized, merely finding no answer returned. Instead she heads to the cockpit, setting the ship's navigational computer en-route to Shili. She only had to keep her emotions in check for now, her plans unfolding without the slightest snag. Silently, inward, she chuckles.

Meanwhile, Kari awakens from her slumber, her gaze finding his own. With little more than a caring gaze, she listens to his words. Yet her presence becomes familiar again, a hint of the Kari Lusef first met becoming ever more present. It seemed to be a defensive trigger, brought about by stress or unbearable emotions. Realizing his words, her lips part. "What do you mean, Master? What has happened?"

Not even Ventra predicted this.

((To Shili! Well, the Space Thread at least. ))

karismol.png

• 10 years later...

It had been a few weeks since Kari had arrived at Haruun Kal, the Togruta Je'daii having long set up her encampment inside the Conclave's Courtyard, near its outer entrance. This was where it all began, where her training started, where the point of this life had taken its singular path that led to her standing upon its soil once more. Kari stood in its halls, her bare feet cold against the dusty durasteel halls. So much had changed in her life over the last decade, yet this place abandoned and left empty had only remained as it was, preserved by the nature that had reclaimed it in it's own.

Her purpose for coming here was of a different nature, wounds left by her previously unnatural existence. Yet, if there was one here, she was blind to it. For all that remained of her here was mere memories of her days as an Adept to the Jedi Order, a hopeful with no Master until the day that Lusef Aryan came into these halls and plucked her from it. Running her hand against a stuck door, she placed her forehead upon it, gazing down at the crowbar still laying where she sat that day. It seemed a lifetime ago.

Just as she smiled, a clutter of noises ran out as Ghost rounded the corner, bumping into some old container bins and knocking them over. Her aura went on alert in the moment, but she shook her head at the T3's clumsiness. So much the two shared, over two lifetimes, maybe three now as she glared down at her original form and the orange skin she remembered so well. Tori's treachery may have been in good intentions, but she was thankful to be back in her own form, feeling whole again, complete even.

Grabbing her cloak, she adorned it and began her trek back outside the ruined Conclave. As she exited, she gazed up at the setting sun, wondering if she would find Gala exactly the same, the wounds in the Force that Tori created closed now that Kari was whole again. She could only hope. Signaling Ghost to follow, she made her way to her tent and began starting a small fire using kindling she had gathered. But as she started the fire and began preparing the meat, something felt aloft in the distance. She felt a presence approaching, one of kinship and confusion. Reaching out into the Force, Kari cautiously brushed @Nia Doarr's mind.

"Welcome"

karismol.png

"No, child." Kari responded, her voice soft as a subtle chuckle erupted from her lips. Slicing the meat near the bottom, she turned and placed it over the fire, the fire briefly picking up as the meat dripped over it. She smiled and turned toward the newcomer, a being of an aquatic species she had seen before, but never knew the name of. "Come, sit. Are you hungry?"

Kari motioned to a small makeshift table with beaten cushions surrounding it just on the other side of the fire pit near the entrance of the tent before plopping down across a few as she laid across them. "Forgive my intrusion earlier." Kari spoke apologetically, the Togruta's eyes meeting that of the young Nautolan with kindness. "I felt your presence upon the Force, and I grew curious as to why you have come so far into the Wilds."

Kari watched attentively, curious as to what the girl would say and how she would respond. She had already felt her timidness, her caution. So Kari remained distant, letting the girl come to her. Hearing the sizzling of the meat, and smelling the aroma of the spices upon it, Kari reached out with the Force and plucked the two steaks from across the fire, pulling them toward the two and letting them settle upon the plates. Then Kari reached behind her and grabbed her flask and two cups, pouring each of them a small bit of water into each.

"Perhaps you seek the Jedi?" Kari proclaimed about as much as she questioned, her cuspids tearing a small bite of meat from the bone and began to chew. Swallowing, she finished. "Or perhaps something else?"

karismol.png

• 2 weeks later...

Kari chuckled softly with a smile at the girl's questions, feeling her reluctance to trust. Whatever she had gone through, it made her very wary of others. "It is hard to explain what I am." Kari spoke, stopping mid chew to remember her days here at Haruun Kal. "I was once an Adept here at the Temple, though that was many years ago."

Kari remained in silence as she finished her meal, her gaze not wavery from the temple as she finished, as if she was lost in deep thoughtful memories here within. As she finished the meat, she poured a glass of water and washed what remained down before her gaze shifted back to Nia. "I was a Jedi once, twice even." Kari spoke with a chuckle. "But now I am neither Jedi nor Sith, both philosophies trivial and incorrect to me. I walk alone, letting the Force be my guide, finding its balance within myself."

Pouring water into the second glass, Kari offered it to Nia. "And what of you, young one? What drives you to visit abandoned Temples?"

karismol.png

• 1 month later...

Kari's brow furrowed briefly as the girl spoke, the Togruta's mind falling upon caution. "And what knowledge do you seek in old ruins that you cannot find in populated Temples?" Kari could sense the girl's troubles, but digging around in old Temples such as this one usually bore darker intents.

As she poured herself another glass of water, offering to do the same for Nia, she found herself curious. The girl did not seem nefarious or malicious, but why would someone attuned to the Force be creeping around old temples when access was so much easier to be granted at Felucia. Perhaps something happened to the girl? Or someone was forcing her to find something unknown? Kari didn't want to jump to conclusions just yet.

"I'll make you a deal little one." Kari spoke after she took a sip and set her cup aside. "Tell me what it is you are searching for, and I will gladly aid you. I know this old Temple like I know the ground beneath my feet, and I can likely point you clearly to what you seek."

karismol.png

• 3 weeks later...

Kari couldn't help but burst into a chuckling fit as the girl revealed her intent, patting her leg and nearly knocking over her cup from the notion. This girl had came to a Jedi Temple in search of the eternal Jedi and Sith conflict? Believing that the Jedi would even house such knowledge in such a place. Gaining her composure, Kari sat back upright, her legs still crossed, as she wiped tears from her eyes.

"Forgive me little one. I do not laugh at you..." Kari spoke, a hint of laughter in her voice before she cleared her throat and continued. "But do you really believe the Jedi would house such knowledge here? That the Sith would house such knowledge at their ancient Academies? Both fear the knowledge of each other to ever house such things, let alone keep it historically accurate."

"But I feel your pain. It was a lesson that I too had to learn on my own, and is one I am still learning. After all, though I was a Jedi Padawan once upon a time, the man I thought to be my Master was a Sith that managed to infiltrate the Jedi Order and used me to nearly destroy the Temple at Gala."

When Kari spoke the second time, her tone was regretful, almost sad, and held a sorrowful seriousness in it. Even by reading her body movements and gazing at her eyes, once could clearly see it. And though it was a pain she had nearly rid herself of, the occasional thought still brought up the painful scars it left upon her soul, especially where it concerned Lusef and his training. She was just thankful that she had finally laid to rest the part that drove her family apart.

"As for the Jedi, there are many incarnations. Some are true to the name and title, others who stray for the sake of their own crusade, and a few who walk finely upon the edge of the light, tempting themselves with the darkness they choose to fight. It has been this way for millennia, and will likely be that way for millennia to come." Kari shifted her gaze toward Nia inquisitively. "What happened to shake your faith, if you don't mind me asking?"

karismol.png