Bothawui

Tarrian Skywalker

“Oooooh we here? Good good!” Kiv exclaimed then poked the sleeping tusken a few times. “Wakey wakey big cousin, we made to planet. New place, new treasures for all”

Kiv jumped away before Rru could retaliate, a life-saving instict almost all jawas had. At least, all the ones that were alive. 

Kiv rushed off the ship and stretched his body, hands above head and screeching something that could only be described as a yawn. 

“Good ship lady. I like a lot. You ever need upgrades, I know a person who can help. Discreet too, yes yes yes.“ 

>Sir, focus please< Eyes beeped as he spun in front of the jawa’s face, poking the rodent’s shoulder with his arm.

“Oh be quiet, I'm as focused as a dragon on a bantha.” Kiv tried to wave the droid away. “Anywho, lady, we need to get to bar. My contact, he likes bar much. Same here. He knows I’m coming. We can talk details there. You bring proof of cash, I bring big cousin for moral support. Follow me! I take you to him!”

Without word or wait, Kiv lead the way. The jawa moved with a deceptive speed, stopping only when Eyes insisted on waiting for the others. Eventually, he led the group to the so-called bar. A government run tavern, known as The Ak’s nest, was populated almost entirely of off-duty soldiers, imperials on shore leave, and numerous locals. The owner, an aging bothan female, looked almost like she would fall down from exhaustion. 

“Hi big momma!” Kiv exclaimed, raising both hands and waving happily. 

The bothan gave a look of disgust that came with knowing Kiv, followed by a glare and pointed towards one of the tavern’s corner booth, where a lone squib sat nervously. Kiv attempted to blow a kiss towards the bothan, who in turn flipped the jawa off.

“She likes me, she really does. I always take only simple drinks, like water with a Jun-Lime.” Kiv whispered to Zeris as he weaved his way towards the booth. 

“Anywho, this is Grees.” Kiv introduce the squib. A young-looking blue-hair squib, who’s bloodshot eyes revealed many sleepless nights during the past few weeks of war time. “Good friend, good friend. You ask him, yes? He get you it, yes yes…”

Kiv sat down in the booth and patted the seats next to him, indicating for one of the others to sit, and for negotiations to begin.   

• Like 1

image.jpeg.d53492beab516d9a1b229282717105a7.jpeg

"So you gonna tell me what I got mixed up with?" The squib asked as the fight began, calling zeris attention away. The small blue furred being raised a glass for a deep sip of something dark. 

"What? You think I bring bad business?" Kiv asked, watching the fight as well. 

"Blackmailers always do" the squib glared. "Besides…who brings a tusken?"

Kiv couldn't help but chuckle as the sound of someone breaking a bone was beard. "Good point, yes yes. Good pointbut that's no tusken. That my friend, is a Mando tusken. "

"Reek bull. If that's a Mando, then im…"

Kiv stopped the squib as he pulled out one of his handheld holoprojector. Immediately an image of the tusken and the Mando warrior in a dear embrace from tatooine filled the small space.

"...a golden nuxu. " the squib stammered, confused to say the least. 

"Aha? Right? Mandos don't go for one's outside their own… and sand people are worse. So naturally he is Mando, and if he is mando…"

Grees looked at zeris with a new interest as kiv turned off the image before someone else saw

"...then I should act my age, eh?" 

"Hehe, yes yes. But I know you can get her what she wants. You good like that." 

Grees gave a glare again. "I don't like being involved with blackmailed dealings like this. If the imperial know I did this…"

"Then it's good I told her your name was grees, isn't it?"

The squib stopped, then squeaked madly. 

"Oh kiv, I hate you, but you are entertaining to say the least. If she can pay, I can get what she needs. But I have to ask, what's your profit?"

"Hmmm?" 

The squib raised a finger. "What's that rule again? A noble adventure with no profit is a waste of time?" 

Kiv chuckled. " Ah, You got me, yes yes."

kiv suddenly leaned closer. "I want what I asked for."

The squib glared again. "You can't be serious"

The small jawa produced a small datapad. "Get it to me, and you don't have to worry about that little other, spicy, hustle you've been doing"

Grees, after a brief glare, didn't answer right away. A large humanoid crashed into the table, sending drinks flying everywhere. 

"Kriff! Fine! Docking bay 3! 1 hour or no deal!"

With that, Grees took off, a blue blur in the crowd of drunkards. 

Kiv laughed and looked at zeris and the tusken. "Yooo hoo! Time to go! We gots good deal, yes yes yes!"

With that Kiv because the rodent he truly was and scurried for the doorway. The sound of imperial sirens outside could be heard. No doubt, security to break up the massive brawl that had taken over the bar. 

• Like 1

“Time to go. Did you get what we needed?”

“Oh yes yes I did big cousin!” Kiv exclaimed, stopping around a corner, out of sight of the bar where the security forces were attempting to break up the brawl. The small jawa panted heavily as he placed his hands on his knees.

“Were there any doubt? No no, of course not, you both can easily trust the great Kiv. I have never failed before”

>With one or two exceptions< came a familiar beeping under Kiv’s robes. From them Eyes floated out, clearly annoyed at having been in storage mode for so long. >You did forget about that one time on Naboo<

“Oh be quiet, that one don’t count.” Kiv waved the droid off. “Anywho, yes, we got what we needed, and even something to make this trip worthwhile for me even. Early life day gift to myself, yes yes. Docking bay 3.”

Kiv had to stop before breaking into a sprint. “Hmm… thanks to you two, we may be wanted. Got to be sneaky. Good thing you have Kiv. He be very sneaky when needed. You have problem with sewers you two?”

• Like 1

“Good good!” Kiv exclaimed as he came to a stop. Snapping his fingers and pointing, Kiv directed Eyes towards the manhole cover on the street before him. Eyes, always annoyed, gave a sigh and utilized a manipulator claw to lift the cover up enough for the others. 

“Now you believe me…” Kiv added as he started to climb into the reeking sewer below. “I have strong sense of smell. This way worse for me then you. Eh, maybe not you big cousin, but you have mask wrappings, so you ok.”

Moments later, Kiv plopped into a puddle of dark brown and green. A slight curse came from the Jawa’s lips, as he shook his feet slightly. Darn water was going to get soaked into his cloak, and the bugs would swarm like at home. He had to grab his robes and pull them up slightly, appearing similar to some kind of Naboo noble woman. 

>Very pretty sir. And the smell matches your usual perfume< Eyes chuckled as he floated down, the manhole cover clanking after him. 

“Oh shush you. I should add an odor senser to your eye” Kiv growled slightly as he made his way forward through the sewage. Thankfully ahead there was a walkway that the sewage didn’t cover. Once there, Kiv led the way, talking once again. 

“You see, I normally don’t take this way. I prefer upstairs to downstairs. But my charm only go so far. Yes yes, but no worries. I have good memory how to travel here so you lady are getting good deal…”

>Left sir< Eyes commented. Instantly, and without missing a beat, Kiv turned in the said direction. 

“Only a little further now, and we will be at the cargo bays. See, you got good deal using my services. Not to mention lady, you have my strong cousin. He very strong and deadly. Killed a crime lord recently. Set him on fire. Very aromatic. Perhaps you recommend me to your clients, yes?”

>Sir, might I remind you that we are still in danger? < Eyes noted, floating directly in front of the Jawa. 

“Of what? Dianoga? Nah, they be exterminated by now…” Kiv waved the droid off, trying to get past, unaware of neither the eye stalks that had been following the group nor the large tentacles that were emerging from the deeper places of sewage, reaching curiously towards the new prey. 

Kiv screeched loudly when the female was plucked and carried into the air. 

“Dianoga! I told you they were still here!” Kiv pointed out. 

>Should we do something to help?< 

Kiv slapped the floating orb, causing it to spin in the air for a bit. “Of course you should help,  you redundant piece of recycled refuse! Help her now!”

Having received confirmation, Eyes extended his manipulator arm and seized the small dagger at Kiv’s side and tried to fly at the tentacle tossing the female around wildly. With a quick dash and circling, Eyes gave the tentacle a slight cut. 

>My hope is that with this knife< Eyes rambled on with another slice to the tentacle while trying to avoid being smacked around. >is that you will be able to get free lady. Please standby…< 

However, there were two dianoga in the sewage. And the older, more mature, and magnitudes more hungry, one decided the jawa looked delicious. 

Thankfully, Kiv saw the tentacles lashing towards him. Instincts kicked in, and Kiv broke into a mad dash towards the nearest resident from Tatooine. 

“Big cousin!” Kiv cried out, tentacles flaying behind him. “Heeeeeelp!”

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As the Tusken’s slug hit true, the creature behind Kiv shrieked and flailed in pain. Its roars and screeching almost matched that of Rru’s rifle. Almost. But where it lacked in volume, it made up for in length as it whimpered and began to swim away from the group. This prey was  not worth this kind of effort. 

“Ah! Many thanks big cousin!” Kiv gasped for air as he stopped next to Rru, patting his side. “I knew you were good to bring along. Always did. Always said, nothing like a Tusken to protect you, yes yes. That X-Pyre shots, right? I purchase some for you, maybe? I know a guy. “

Meanwhile, Eyes had stopped slashing and was grumbling after the first shot. 

>Someone could warn me before opening fire in a claustrophobic area. That would drastically improve my chances of survival< 

The second dianoga was screaming in pain, unable to get its prey off of it. At first it shook and flailed. And then it grew still. 

>Excellent work lady< Eyes commented as he flew close to the woman. >You will be happy to know we are only 500 meters from our destination. 

“Right you are you useless piece of tin” Kiv commented as he got close. “I remember this place like the back of my back. Right this way you two! The great Kiv never disappoints!”

A little while later, through another man-hole cover and through a loosely secured back door, the group found themselves in a large warehouse-like complex. Kiv clapped and rubbed his hands together, The energy that Kiv gave off was something akin to a child in a candy store. 

“Ooohoho, I love these places. And if Grees follows through, the security is diverted and…”

“Excuse me…” a monotone voice interrupted. Kiv froze as a black suited humanoid droid stumbled out, holding a single datapad. Surrounding the droid were three mouse droids, each one beeping to each other an impossible conglomerate sequence of binary. 

“I am Meepo, an M-3P0 military protocol droid and ordnance assistant. These are my assistants M-1, M-2 and M-3. Are you…” The droid glanced down at his pad. “Kiv the stupid ugly smelly Jawa?”

Kiv looked at the others and laughed. “Grees, he is such a joker. Little running gag between us. Yes yes, that is us. This is the buyer, yes yes.”

The droid studied the small group over. “Please note that the maximum dosage of X-treme Soap for soldiers is 20 grams per shower. I would recommend the max for each of you, as none of your smells would pass millitary protocals. I am under orders help you gather what you need, calculate how many credits you owe our common friend, and get you off world, to quote, ‘as soon as your kriffing keester can get airborne, whether willingly or otherwise, unquote”

>I must admit, i am liking Grees more and more< Eyes laughed. 

Kiv rolled his eyes. “You got any message for me specifically?” 

“Yes…” Meepo walked forward and handed the pad over. The three mouse droids followed and circled, each one taking a quick scan of the group. M-2, who scanned the Tusken, back off whimpering slightly, with a small manipulator hand popping out as if offering a peace sign. 

Meepo turned to Zeris. “You are the official buyer.  I am under orders to say that you can select what crates of quote, assorted survival supplies you desire. Given the wide and vague  range of what these supplies could be, you have full access to all of this cargo bay. Simply select what you want, and I will make sure it gets transported to your ship. Come, I will show you some of the supplies that Grees mentioned specifically,”

Kiv giggled slightly, not looking up from his pad, yet somehow following closely behind “Hey lady, maybe you let my big cousin look around too? I pay you back, yes yes yes. Got to keep family well armed, hehe.”   

• Like 1

Kiv looked up from his datapad when Rru produced the small needle weapon. 

“Oooh, fancy fancy!” Kiv exclaimed, rubbing his face and eyes before examining further. “Didn’t think this was your kind of thing, big cousin. You strike me more gaffi stick then sharp knife. Hmmm, hmmm, let me see, maybe it's for your loved one? She may like it…”

Kiv had grabbed the device and brought it under his hood, as if to sniff and lick it. Thankfully, he only performed the former and squealed slightly, keeping the device pointed away from him.

“Ack! You try to kill me, big cousin? I joke, I joke, but still! Nasty stuff here.   Very nasty. Very very nasty. Not sure what poison. Hmmm….eyes! Get over here Eyes!”

Eyes, ever the obedient droid, floated over. >Yes sir?<

Kiv shook the needle pointed pen violently. “Scan! Analyze! Do whatever it is i programmed you to do.”

Eyes sighed and beeped a few times as he performed an initial scan. >results identify a nerve toxin. I am unable to figure out any more without…<

“Nerve toxin! Eek!”  Kiv shrieked again, holding the pen out and waving it violently for Rru to grab the device. “Nasty stuff, nasty nasty. Affects the brain! Nasty nasty. I see why you want it, big cousin. Make fun time in bedroom with Mando lady, yes?” 

“Please keep up” Meepo ordered, stopping briefly to make sure the others weren’t getting into too much trouble. 

• Haha 1

While the Tusken was busying himself looking around and Zeris was identifying supplies, Kiv was busy reading the fine notes on the datapad. 

“Very nice, very very nice. Yes yes Grees, you did your buddy Kriffing Kiv very good, hehe.” 

As he commented this, he kept looking at Meepo, like a dealer would at a potential buy. He almost giggled with delight as the droid helped Zeris.

A grunting noise made Kiv turned. The rodent’s five chambered heard skipped several beats when he realized that the Tusken was throwing something at him. Natural instinct kicked in as the Jawa ducked and covered his head, screeching. 

Thankfully the potentially armed mine never touched the ground. M-1 and M-3, who were observing the group while M-2 was helping sorting Zeris’ order, had raced towards Kiv, heavy manipulator arms extended. With Kiv’s short height, the small mouse droids were able to catch the mine before it slammed into the ground. 

“Oooh, very good! Very good little things!”  Kiv commented as he retrieved the mine from the mouse droids. The droids beeped a thanks. Kiv bent down and petted M-1 like a pet hound. “You make good purchase, yes yes yes!”  

Kiv glanced at the Tusken. “You trying to kill me big cousin? You scary enough already!” Kiv wandered back to the savage and handed the mine over. “This explosive! I recognize explosive, yes yes. You want this? I get this for you, but no more scaring me, yes?”

Meanwhile, Meepo was getting exasperated and increasingly annoyed with Zeris’ order. 

“I am being exceptionally open-mind ma’am” It said as the humanoid pointed out the speeder bike. “Most people having access to these supplies would need higher level clearance then what you can assuredly provide. However, the use of such a vehicle requires a type 4 or above land vehicle license, and unless you are able to produce such a thing…”

“Oi! Info Bank!” Kiv called out as he rushed to the two. “We in hurry, yes? Sooner we get stuff, sooner we leave, as your orders are, yes?”

Meepo looked at the diminutive Jawa then Zeris, then at the bike, and gave a sigh. “Very well. I guess it could be reasonably inferred you have such a license at minimum.”

“This how you work with droids lady” Kiv commented, patting Zeris’ side. “Make programming work for you, hehe. 

“If that is all…” Meepo commented and gave a high pitched whistle. Instantly, the mouse droids scurried over to the Military Protocal droid and circled, like womp rats circling a dying animal. Meepo got into a crouching position. It was this point that the others may have noticed Meepo had custom designed back plating, fitting to hold each of the mouse droids like a kind of backpack. Meepo grabbed each droid and, utilizing his fully rotational arms, hooked each one with magnetized locks. 

“For all purposes, your money will be processed through the Imperial Banking network. Deed of property designated Meepo & 3, have been transferred to your datapad Mister ‘Kiv the stupid, ugly, smelly Jawa.”

“Definately going to have to fix that later” Kiv commented. 

>Nah, its good someone calls you by your full name< Eyes joked, receiving another shooing. 

“So, you got what you need, we got what we need, we good, yes scary cyborg lady? We can leave now? I know big cousin would like the open skies again.”  

• Like 1