Bothawui

Tarrian Skywalker

The two thousand beings that made up the Covert Insurgency Warfare Corps of the Bothan Consortium were very close to attaining the pinnacle of their trade; they were very near the epitome of what a covert agent should be, and more. Every single one of them had developed their physical strength, stamina and constitution to incredible heights in the arduous undertaking that had been necessary in the wake of the nuclear attack upon Bothawui. Their intelligence and dexterity also had few peers; this had been made certain before they had even been accepted for training and employment. And lastly, the wisdom and charisma of the individual agents, and also of those who would lead them, had been nurtured and demonstrated.

The only thing that needed to be seen to now was their advanced training. They still needed to be instructed in the specifics of the trades they were suited for, and indeed needed to be tested for that aptitude. This would not be a problem, provided, of course, that Malit Kraest had succeeded in meeting and recruiting the chosen contact from the Death Strikers.

In the darkness we may lurk,

Ever eager for dirty work,

Try to find us if you dare,

But danger lurks, be warned, beware!

The small Bothan cruiser set down on a random landing pad. As technicians rushed to do maintenance checks the Bothan pointed an arm towards a nearby door just off the land pad flanked by a pair of guards.

Malit and Yuusuke wasted no time, as the two made directly for Traest Kre'fey's position in the main hall.

Malit.jpg

As the Bothan factor and ally of Traest Kre'fey made his way down the main hallway, with his contact Yuusuke in tow, yet another trapdoor opened from under the feet of the two beings, and yet again they were sucked down a meandering network of tubes to the Bothan Consortium leader's secured office. It was a courtesy rarely extended to outsiders, this rather unexpected form of meeting arrangement; usually such business would be conducted off-world so as not to attract too much attention. But in this case, the prospect of the two factions' merging was too important a negotiation to conduct anywhere else but the secure depths of the Headquarters complex.

Before Malit and Yuusuke could resume their footing after being dumped rather unceremoniously upon the padded floor, the bright-eyed Bothan that was Kre'fey was already rising from his desk to greet his friend.

"This took you long enough, Malit," he said wryly. "What were you doing down there, single-handedly reforming the Underlevels?" He paused for a moment, to allow the men to dust themselves off and reacquaint their sense of poise. "And I have been monitoring the activities taking place at Coruscant -- you two did well to remain hidden from the plague and the fighting. But that is of no consequence to us, save for the eventual outcome of the latter; we have no reason to believe that it will end in anything but an overwhelming Rebel victory.

"Pursuant to this, we are intensifying relief efforts on Bothawui, in preparation for the completion of the CIW Corps." Traest paused again, and set his gaze upon this Moon Knight character that had remained quiet. "This, my friend, is where you and your mates come in. I don't know what Malit told you, but rest assured that we, as I am sure you as well, are quite capable of protecting our own interests. That is not why I have brought you here, however. Information is my business, Mr. Knight, and business is about to start booming as soon as our secondary project is complete. However, without the necessary means to exploit that information in a timely fashion, when no other assistance is available,our main task is useless. Compensating for this is one of the purposes of my Corps, to be an in-house exploitation force, and a force-for-hire if the mission suits whatever morality tickles my fancy."

Traest tossed his head back in laughter for a moment before continuing, taking a seat and sipping at his caffa. "Which is not to say that our morality is incompatible. First and foremost, I look out for Bothawui, but beyond that, we would like to think that some semblance of order is good for the galaxy as a whole. Before you ask, no, I do not believe that the Empire is better at maintaining that order; in fact, they and other organisations that rule by fear are far worse. Rule by fear breeds resentment, revenge, conflict, hate, and a rainbow of destructive forces. But rule by law and right bears its own rewards; as an officer of the law, I am sure you can appreciate the logic behind this sentiment -- that's right, I've done my homework, Mr. Knight.

"Now, that is not to say that my Corps is purely a mercenary force. Far from it; we will only hire ourselves out in extreme emergencies, and when we think our involvement will do some good. The rest of the Consortium and myself agree that one of those times is fast approaching. Though the Rebels are currently riding an overwhelming tide of victory, they (and us as well) still do not have the location of the Imperial Remnant's primary base of operations. With the battle of Coruscant dying out, and assuming they are unable to pull some sort of massive upset in the next few days, they will cease to be the major power in the Galaxy. But that isn't to say they can no longer be a major thorn in the side of the rest of us trying to maintain order and normalcy. Indeed, there are other organisations that I do not doubt will take great strides to assist them in regaining the offencive and the balance of power. This is where we can come in; thwarting these unlawful organisations and ensuring that the new Galactic government can rule effectively is the best way as of now to secure the future of my race.

"If you have no questions, I will take you on a tour of our facility -- not everything, mind you, but you will be shown enough to effectively conduct the job proposition I have for you and the rest of your organisation. If you accept, we can have your companions here post haste."

---------------------

Elsewhere in the skies above Bothawui, three Assault Cruisters are continuing to undergo construction, having been atarted a while back. Though it would still take time for the ships to be completed and outfitted for combat operations, there was little doubt that they would be ready for action at or about the same time the rest of the CIW Corps was up and running. In addition to this activity in space, several sets of defenses for the planet were being worked on; including surface-based turbolaser and ion cannon battaries well-hidden amongst the planet's features, several hangers to house and launch starfighters in addition to other forms of traffic, and the beginnings of a few Golan defense platforms, of the highest quality.

Be wary what you don't see, for what you don't know can hurt you...

Yuusuke followed Malit. He took his position, listening to the organizations mission. He wasn't entirely convinced, but he didn't have many options left. Yuusuke had made a lot of enemies in a short time, and the Bothans were looking better and better.

"I will be needing a new ship, and some new weaponry. My old weapons were outdated as it is, and Faust pretty much wiped them out in our last encounter."

Moon Knight had run its course, it was time for Yuusuke Hakusho to return.

iTJBZId.png

From the way Yuusuke was carrying himself while he had been talking, Traest could tell that the man still held a suspician or two. This was understandable, given what he knew of his past activities. Being one with access to a massive network of databases and information had its advantages, after all. When the man before him made his request to be re-equipped, the Bothan leader nodded knowingly, and when the name Faust was mentioned, his ears perked up.

"We have ample stocks of equipment here on Bothawui," he began, looking upon the changing aspect of this man's visage. "You may browse them at your leisure once we have concluded our meeting here shortly..." Traest then pushed a button, and a small digital display monitor popped out from a slot in his desk. On a small keypad, he entered the name into the database, and a ream of information began to pour forth.

"Hmmm, Faust, you say?" he asked, his voice low and forboding. "Yes, we have a lot of information on him; he's been involved in many galaxy-shaping events, including thwarting a plot to destroy the whole thing. We've been told he's contracted himself out to SEED, and its been rumoured that he has recieved Force-training from someone within the Sith. I've learned to trust rumours from my organization much more then facts from most outsiders, so I have every cause to believe that this is true. We may need to acquire some cortosis for you and the rest of us. According to my sources, he was last seen on Tatooine, heading offworld, possibly to a world on the Corellian Trade Spine or even that system itself. He's a hard bird to watch.

"But I would not ask you to face him. We have no reason to run afoul of him at this time. So, if you have no other questions..." Kre'fey then rose from his chair, and strode about to shake hands with his new acquaintance. "If you will follow me, Mr, Hakusho...Malit, I hope to see your report of the situation on Coruscant within the hour."

Casually, and with a small smile on his furry countenance, Traest guided the man to a nearby equipment room. After using his encrypted, fingerprint-sensitive clearance card to access the door mechanism, he pressed his eye to a small port, where his retina was scanned. Eventually, the door beeped and rumbled open. "Take what you need, my friend, and we can talk more..."

Yuusuke entered the room, and stood in the doorway facing Traest.

"If you don't mind, I'll need some privacy."

With that, he pressed the controlpad closing the door between them. Yuusuke dropped his bag, and examined the assortment of weapons the room offered. He painfully removed his mask and armor. The mask was too damaged to be of any use, the armor as well.

Yuusuke hadn't felt Marc's presence for a long time. It seemed whatever power had created the Moon Knight, had finally drained out. Yuusuke was not the same person he was when he had joined up with FLEA, but he wasn't Moon Knight either. And he was tired of pretending to be. It seemed that Moon Knight was finally gone for good.

Marc Spector asked me to become Moon Knight. I can't do that anymore, but that doesn't mean I won't carry on his work either. There will be some justice for his death, and the death of his friends, that much I can promise him.

Yuusuke took a blast resistant torso plate to replace his full body armor. It was all he needed, he had always preferred speed to protection. The law officer opened his bag, and brought forth his old FLEA uniform, a simple black suit. Yuusuke spent the better part of an hour replacing his weaponry before opening the door back up and returning to Traest.

"Okay, let's get a few things straight. You can talk about Faust all you want, but I've been face to face with him. I've battled him more than once, and so far I've lived to tell about it. Other than a few free weapons, and hopefully a starship, unless you've forgotten, you aren't doing me any sort of favor here. I'm helping you. If I meet Faust, I will either arrest him or kill him. Faust may go after you . . ."

Yuusuke put on his sunglasses.

"But that's a risk you're going to have to take."

OOC: The exact weapons and stuff will be on Yuusuke's new char sheet.

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

"We have not forgotten the starship, Mr. Hakusho," Traest responded flatly, completely unimpressed with the officer's casual demeanour. "But as I recall, he did do a number on your colleagues, and something like this is what we are trying to prevent -- or have you forgotten this?" Traest knew, of course, that he did not.

"But all the same, we have a fine selection of available craft. How does a Corellian Lancet suit you? With proper modifications, she should be every bit as good as anything else in its weight class, as I'm sure you know. If you will come with me..." With a small nod, the Bothan led the now resuited and re-equipped Yuusuke down a long and winding corridor to a nearby hanger, finally using the same sort of keycard / retinal scan to open the inside entrance.

"If anyone tried that with a card that was not theirs, or an eyeball that didn't belong to them, then they would be instantly vaporized by the system's defenses," he pointed out rather blandly. "Go on ahead and find onw that suits you..."

Yuusuke inspected them thoroughly. Corellian Lancet's were commonly used by other law enforcement agencies, and FLEA had been no different. Yuusuke selected a slightly older, but obviously well taken care of ship called The Negotiator. He returned to Traest.

"I'll take that one."

Yuusuke allowed Traest to make a note of which ship, before continuing,

"About before, I want to apologize. Faust killed a Jedi woman named Darla, who saved my life. He killed her right before my eyes, but I was too wounded to stop him. I harbor a lot of anger, obviously, but I will control myself for the time being."

Thinking about that encounter, caused Yuusuke to recall something.

"You mentioned Faust's use of the Force? I can fully verify that. He brought out a lightsaber against me. I had an advanced suit of armor then, and the saber was blocked by the cortosis alloy on the outer shell. I managed to get my force-pike through Faust's shoulder before he fled. The murder of the Jedi in a separate encounter was his vengeance for that. I will control myself while I am here, and refrain from pursuing Faust."

Yuusuke.jpg

"How many people begged for their lives before you killed them anyway? You will not be spared."

"Your dedication is admirable," the Bothan replied, his voice somewhat more mellow in the wake of Yuusuke's apology and information about Faust. "We will see to whatever needs you may have while you are here, but I have one small request: please contact your fellow Death Strikers, so that we may further this alliance. My corps of troops are still awaiting their final training, after all."

Traest gave the man a small nod to indicate his slight urgency in this request. Time was of the essence, and if the reports he had been getting were true, then the CIW would be needed much sooner rather then later...

In the space above Bothawui, two of the Assault Cruisers being built were nearing completion, while one other was approximately halfway along in the construction process. Several heavy starfighters were also being constructed planetside, including a reinforced squadron of V-19 Torrents (16 fighters instead of 12) and another dozen or so surprises to be revealed should anyone make the mistake of attacking the Bothan homeworld. The CIW agents themselves had been recalled to their service training, and though their final trainers had not yet arrived, they were nonetheless put through extensive weapons drills on all concievable types they may encounter or use. In addition to this, they were trained in the Bothan way of collecting information and remaining undetected, taught stealth skills while clad in heavy armour, and put through a series of live-fire intel-gathering exercises.

Throughout this long series of training events, the Corps is continually being molded into its basic group components; individuals that work well together are identified and sorted, and individual teams that show promise are grouped in various quarters. The already high esprit de corps that had grown from their first tasks with the organization was reaching a zenith, and many of them felt that they could do no wrong. But Traest had wished it to be made sure that this mistaken attitude would not last...

In one particularly ingenius exercise, Kre'fey had put the CIW agents in a simulated-fire exercise that was supposed to simulate obtaining vital information from a supposedly abandoned Imperial instillation. Several quarters were sent in to do the job (it was a big base), but instead of it being abandoned as briefed, about fifteen thousand Stormtroopers (several thousand civilian volunteers operating within a holographic projector) bore down on the men, and a simulated quick knockout was achieved. This, needless to say, was a needed reality-check for the Corps as a whole, though there was much kidding about in the barracks that night. Watching the feedback from the surveilance cameras had made the Bothan leader laugh appreciatively.

----------------------------------------

Elsewhere on Bothawui, several hundred specialized probe droids were undergoing the finishing touches in preparation for a massive intelligence-gathering effort. These probes would be like nothing ever seen before in the galaxy, and would allow the Bothans to eavesdrop on their targets without being detected. Unless, of course, something unfortunate were to happen like, say, the probe landing on some poor sentient's head...

The order to launch was given, and the many probes were sent spaceborne, bearing no traces of their origin...

An encripted, untraceable comm comes in addressed to Moon Knight:

Moon,

I was glad to hear from you. I admit I was beginning to wonder if your negotiations had succeeded. Anyway, well done.

I am willing to meet with the Bothan leaders as soon as they wish. Please send me coordinates.

Looking forward to seeing you again,

Induran

End comm.

amipaint2.jpg

SHE MEANS TO END US ALL!!! DOOOOOOOOMMMMMM!!!!!!!!11eleventyone!
There goes Ami's reputation of being a peaceful, nice person.

Though the message had been addressed to Moon Knight, it nonetheless had to pass through Bothan hands before arriving for him. The transmission was quickly decoded (though one of the cryptanalysts did remark on the surprising sophistication of the cipher used), and passed on to Yuusuke as a reply from Traest Kre'fey was sent in return. The message is encrypted in the cipher that the previous one had arrived in, and piggybacked so as to be untraceable.

The unfortunate event involving a nuke. several months ago had drawn attention from the Directive weeks later. This attention was small but powerful. In orbit around the outer ring of the system, a small probe the size of a cd disk looked over the entire system. On record was the constant traffic of relief ships aiding in the planet's reconstruction efforts.

On the len today, the local rock shower was being documented, as each rock was tracked from Bothawui's orbit into deep space as extreme speed....

OOC: I don't recall inviting Echelon into this thread...

IC:

One of the exiting "meteroites" just happens to strike the small disc-like object that had been taking information, unfortunately destroying both probes.

Elsewhere around Bothawui, two V-19 Torrent starfighters and a Corellian freighter pop into realspace, having not been followed or tracked. The escorting heavy fighters lead the way to a special landing pad, which is then taken underground and sealed to outside sensors as well as against weapons. Once their charge has been taken care of, the Torrents fly off to rendezvous with their fellows in a similar such hanger.

A squad of CIW agents meets Induran at the entrance to her freighter, and the Cordru-Ji is escorted to meet with the Consortium leader.

Induran steps out of her ship and follows her escorts to their leader. Upon seeing him, she placed two hands on her head and two on her stomach, giving him the traditional Codru-Ji bow.

"It is an honor to meet with you. I am Induran Habithae, Leader of the Death Strikers."

She glanced around the room to see if Moon was there, but did not see him, only the Bothan before her.

amipaint2.jpg

Yuusuke emerged from the shadows nodding to Indy. He had dropped the Moon Knight uniform, and wore a simple black suit. Yuusuke almost forgot that Indy had never seen him without his mask on.

"It's me Indy, Yuusuke. Moon Knight is gone."

He fell silent now allowing Traest to speak.

Yuusuke.jpg

Random accidents had always been known to occur in the covert world. It was this fact that always made the Directive order pairs when it came to spying.

The impact of the first probe was recorded by a second. It was odd to Echelon officals who later reviewed the recording that a rock would by pass the odds of stricking an other small object, especially since the probe was placed several millions of miles away from the path. Either way, the mission continued....

an emergency message is beamed into headquarters warning of the launch of another missile from the Ewok's that was headed their way. The message contained the warning that the Ewok's meant business and to evacuate with all speed.

OOC: Edited...didn't see Sara's post somehow...

IC: Indy was surprised, but she instantly knew she shouldn't have been. As long as she'd known Moon Knight, he'd always been changing personalities. Why he was finally gone, she did not know.

Seeing that Traest Kre'fey was not yet ready to speak, she turned to Yuusuke. "May I ask why he's gone? Why the change?"

Part of her was worried that with the freedom from Moon Knight that Yuusuke had, he would also feel free from the Death Strikers. She respected his right to choose his own path, but at the same time, he was really the only member of the faction left.

She heard a beeping from the comm station and a message played aloud from one of Traest's operatives, saying that the Ewoks were planning on destroying Bothawui.

"Uh...on second thought, perhaps we should save this conversation for another time. We'd better evacuate the planet."

Indy didn't stop to be shocked at the Ewok's cruelty. She had seen enough of it that somehow, it didn't surprise her all that much. Another planet would be gone...and there was nothing she could do to prevent it. She didn't have enough information, or the weaponry needed.

Ignoring the ache in her heart and motioning for Yuusuke and Traest to get out of there as soon as possible, Indy moved quickly back to her ship. It took mere seconds to get warmed up, and she blasted off the planet and into space.

EDITED 1/24 to prevent double-posting:

Once in space, Indy pulled the ship around. She knew what she had to do...she only hoped that it wouldn't be in vain.

Staying a good distance from the planet, Indy set her state-of-the-art scanners to track anything coming into the Bothan system, down to the smallest bit of space junk. She would know the instant the missile came near.

While she waited for it, she prepared a message that would be transmitted to both the Bothan base and any friendly ships in the area. She set it up so that it would transmit as soon as the ship blew.

The message said: My actions today may delay the Ewoks, but I doubt it will stop them. Be prepared. I go to my death, but that is inconsequential. It is my duty as a Death Striker.

Once she had the message complete, she sat back in the captain's chair of her brand-new ship, senses alert for the moment the missile came in view.

amipaint2.jpg

Yuusuke entered his new ship, The Negotiator and lifted off into the space outside Bothawui. He pulled his ship out of the largest area the blast zone could encompass, according to his onboard computer, and raised shields to full capacity. Yuusuke sent a comm to Indy,

"What are you doing? We must flee this sector immediately. The missile that is approaching is nuclear, even if you caused it to blow in space, the damage would be great to the surface. The Bothans have been notified, if they don't escape there isn't anything you can do."

Yuusuke.jpg

Creening out of hyperspace, the Ewoks Communist weapon of destruction, the Taepodong 2 emerges over Bothawui and once more death speeds down towards the already shattered surface of the planet.

Before Admidala even know what's happening...

Before Yuusuke can react....

The missile breaks the atmosphere and hits the ground with a sonic boom, ear splitting velocity and explodes in a blinding flash...

The planet blinks....

And all is... calm?

The missile, pulverized by its impact makes a small crator, destroying a small shack in a field and several farming impliments there in. Its delicate component parts are shattered beyond recognition or repair, leaving only a hulking metal shell of this awesome weapon.

A short time later a shuttle makes a bumpy exit from hyperspace and an even bumpier landing. Landing with a loud crash, two small tiny, furry Ewoks, carrying large spears step out, wearing their red hoods and clothes and striding on their paws across to the wreckage, examining it with large, luminous eyes. One of the teddy-bear like creature prods the nuke with his spear, then turns angrily to the others, waving his paws and spear in the air.

"Yub yub Huta chata baka!!!"

[You idiot! You forgot to load the Uranium PU 36 Space Modulator!]

"Huya machuta risu!" retorts the other, waving his spear.

[Oh yeah! You told Chairman Willet you were going to load it!]

The two argue for some time... long enough to attract a small crowd to witness the two yelling back and forth, long enough for the missile to cool down. Finally, the first swats the other across the nose and the second with a "Club, Club, Commander!" heaves the missile up onto a stretcher, and the two carry it back into its shuttle and take off back for Endor, vanishing into hyperspace.

EWOKS RULE ALL!!! rotj-wicket.gif

za25wPx.jpg

Totus vestri substructio es adiungere nobis

OOC: That's be ...Explosive Space Modulator.

IC:

Indy blinked and let out her breath. "Obviously, that informant doesn't have her facts straight," she said over the comm to Yuusuke.

She pulled the ship to face Bothawui once more, noting the Ewok shuttle disappear into hyperspace once more. "What do you make of it, Yuusuke?"

amipaint2.jpg

--A comm comes in only for the ears of the Bothan Traest Kre'fey, it's sender unaware of the conflict--

"This is Tycho Kosk. I'd like to confirm our prior dealings about the joining of our two organizations. The Open Sky will be holding a meeting outside the Link in a few days and I'd like you to be there along with whoever you wish to take with you. I hope our business together is prosperous and fruitful. Tycho out."

--End communication--

TychoSig.png

Yuusuke suspected the attack was a ruse. Or at the least the blunder of a less than intelligent species.

"The Ewoks aren't known for their brains. Either way it's too dangerous for us to remain here. I suggest we regroup elsewhere."

Yuusuke.jpg

"I agree," Indy replied. "Something doesn't seem right."

She pulled up the coordinates for the nearby planet of Naboo.

"Naboo is only a few sectors over," she commed. "If we head there we can keep an eye on Bothawui and keep in contact with Traest."

She fiddled with her instruments. "Shall we head there, or is there someplace else you'd rather go?"

amipaint2.jpg

• 2 months later...

Long had Bothawui stood as a vital part of the galaxy in many ways. Through the battle between the Empire and the Rebellion of old, through the times of the New Republic, during the return of the ways of old. It was always a planet of information, a hub to inform the galaxy.

But no amount of information would save the Bothan people, or their homeworld this day.

With all the finesse of something completely out of place, the Imperial-Class Star Destroyer Cannibal blasted out of hyperspace over Bothawui, and imediately began to open fire on any ship unlucky enough to get caught between the ship and it's target. Several freighters and small ships were instantly vaporized under the force of the Star Destroyer.

-----------------

On the bridge, Darth Quietus smirked once more as he saw the turbolaser batteries open fire apon the ships. Turning to Horus, he spoke.

"Go now, and ready the Nightmare Divison troops. Once we level the capital city, time is imperitive. I want to be on the ground within 5 minutes. I will join you and we will land with the troopers."

As Horus did as he was asked, Quietus walked over to the man in charge of the turbolaser batteries. The man who sat at the Fire Control station was quickly moved out of the way, and Quietus sat down without a word.

As the Cannibal took up it's position over Bothawui, Quietus reached out and influenced the mind of every single gunner aboard the ship. The bombardment would be precise, and deadly.

----------------------

The Cannibal's guns turned silent for a moment, releasing space of it's chaos and desruction. Then, in less then two seconds, every single capable turbolaser battery on the Star Destroyer, opened fire from orbit, all aiming at the capital city under the eye and control of Darth Quietus.

------------------------

Seventeen vollies later, the turrents again turned silent, and Darth Quietus was walking off of the bridge.

Captain, launch the transports once the Ogariv II has left the hanger. As ordered, return to Foy and resume your post there.

Quietus walked along the corridors alone and silent down to the hanger, where he found the troops already safely aboard the numerous transports. He found Horus standing at the foot of the Ogariv II's ramp. With only a single nod to Horus, Quietus passed him and boarded the ship.

less then a minute later, the Ogariv II has launched, and behind it the transports carrying the Nightmare Division troopers.

No bothan would live to see the end of this day.

1fE1uLv.png

I ate a hippo. It was delicious.

May the Forth therve you well...