Bothawui

Tarrian Skywalker

Genesis listened attentively to Noto as he spoke, watching his emotions and hearing his thoughts on each matter. He hated that his Padawan showed disappointment, but felt the child would receive the day better by action rather than words. Reaching into his satchel, he pulled forth a datapad that he had retained since his own Apprenticeship under Master Armiena, including skill sets, knowledge and information on Lightsaber builds, construction, and Forms, as well as details on Katarr, Miralukians, and Mandalorians. Pretty much anything a Padawan needed to know for the foreseeable future and a few things that drew Genesis' own interests during his days as a Padawan under the current Grandmaster. And now it was Noto's.

"Here. This Datapad was given to me by my Master and it retains information that I was able to gather as her Padawan." He spoke as he presented it Noto. "And now it's yours, as my Padawan. Come."

Genesis motioned for Noto to follow, first exiting the room and eventually the Hotel as the two turned onto the streets of Bothawui's busiest district. The two went about their merry way amongst the millions, if not billions, of sentients that graced this fair planet at any given time, not a single one noticing them nor acknowledging them. Genesis smiled as he turned his gaze to Noto. 

"There are as many benefits to not carry a Lightsaber as there is to carry one." He poised to his pupil as they meshed into the life flow of their surroundings, a blot on the map as any other, a presence amongst many others. "I'm sure there are some who carry the Lightsaber as identification, but most only carry out of necessity. And not all who carry the Lightsaber is a Jedi. All of which are simple choices, like any aspect of life. And like life, each choice has both it's benefits and consequences. These choices are what define us."

Genesis stopped and turned into a tea shop, taking a seat near one of the patios that overlooked most of the city, offering for Noto to do the same as he order two cups of Jasmine Dragon Pearl Tea, a blend of white and green leaves that smelt pleasantly of the jasmine flower it was brewed with. Once they arrived, Genesis took the lid off of his and let the cool breeze whip at it's rising steam. His gaze looking out across the vastness of this world, toward the distant mountains that separated them from the dry deserts, Genesis took a sip and spoke again.

"As for me, I've made my peace with the consequences of my past and have made choices that reflect that." There was a brief glimpse of hesitant regret, like someone still dealing with a bitter memory, as he sat down the cup. "As Jedi, we are held to a higher standard than most. But the truth is, we are as fallible as anyone else, just with bigger consequences. And we are tempted by the allure of the Darkside every day, as even the slightest give could be all it takes to turn into the very thing we stand against."

Genesis pointed toward a man across the way. The man, a thin Human with tethered robes and hair that barely clung to scalp, sat crosslegged across the way with a sign that read simply 'Creds for a weary man' as passerbys dropped credits as they went about their way. "Watch." Genesis instructed, and after about roughly fourty standard minutes, the man disappeared into an alley way.

"He'll be back here tomorrow. Don't worry." Genesis spoke after he filled his mouth with the remnants of his tea and rose, leaving behind a healthy tip. "Think of the Force similar to spice. Used correctly and as defined, and it is a healthy and manageable medicine capable of helping those in need. But use it recreational, and it's a hole you will inevitably drown yourself in."

As Genesis and Noto boarded the transport to the Outskirts District, Genesis finally answered Noto's question. "I have given into the Darkside before and taken lives indiscriminately. I wasn't much younger than you, in fact. It was the day I became an orphan, a chance I didn't give those in the womb of the one who took away my Parents. And because of that, I do not wield weapons." Genesis turned his gaze to Noto, a smile gracing it in reassurance. "It's not to say I fear falling to the Darkside again. No. That was a lesson well bought. I simply choose not to carry weapons or use them, especially blades, because I fell. And that is a part of my past, something I should not dwell on. Nor should you dwell on it. I am your teacher, and I have the knowledge to teach you the tools you will need. The choices of how you use those tools will be your's and your's alone."

Noto took the pad excitedly and quickly started reading though it, then realized there was too much information to take in right now. Instead he deemed it study material for later and placed it inside his robes for safekeeping. Perhaps he could copy the information down into his own datapad if Genesis decided he needed the pad back. Still, what little Noto saw filled him with greater excitement. 

“I'm sure there are some who carry the Lightsaber as identification, but most only carry out of necessity. And not all who carry the Lightsaber is a Jedi. All of which are simple choices, like any aspect of life. And like life, each choice has both it's benefits and consequences. These choices are what define us."

Noto nodded as he took the tea that his master ordered. Noto studied the tea carefully, wondering if this was like the ‘sugar’ he had tasted last night. Lifting it to his mouth, he was surprised the taste was a bit more bitter than expected, but not repugnant. A little hot, but that would cool in time. 

Noto looked over the area while Genesis spoke. Where his master was focused on the vastness of the world, Noto was focused on his master. Reading the movements, the facial cues, and the tone of voice simply came natural to the squid-like crustacean. He read Genesis’ face like a book, and hung on every word.

Then Genesis demonstrated his ability with the force. Noto never understood how people needed to still beg in this wide open galaxy, when there were so many jobs in the galaxy to take, but still he watched the beggar. When the beggar stood up and left, Noto looked at Geneses curiously. 

“He'll be back here tomorrow. Don't worry." Genesis spoke after he filled his mouth with the remnants of his tea and rose, leaving behind a healthy tip. "Think of the Force similar to spice. Used correctly and as defined, and it is a healthy and manageable medicine capable of helping those in need. But use it recreationally, and it's a hole you will inevitably drown yourself in."

Noto nodded. “Sir, if you are able to do that with the Force, then why don’t you help get people to evacuate the planet with that ability? After all, if the military is confident that the...um…” Noto lowered his voice in case anyone nearby could overhear normal chatter. “If the sith forces attack, shouldn’t the planet be evacuated? Surely that wouldn’t be using the ability negatively?”

Genesis continued, with the subject of weapons

"It's not to say I fear falling to the Darkside again. No. That was a lesson well bought. I simply choose not to carry weapons or use them, especially blades, because I fell. And that is a part of my past, something I should not dwell on. Nor should you dwell on it. I am your teacher, and I have the knowledge to teach you the tools you will need. The choices of how you use those tools will be your's and your's alone."

Noto nodded at this. “ I understand, I think. I only hope I can make the right decisions with the tools.  So, if I may ask sir, what is it you want me to learn first? I do want to be helpful in the upcoming days sir."

As the transport lifted off and headed to the Outskirts District, Genesis took seat beside the entrance and away from other passengers. Silence filled their immediate area as he searched for the right wording to express his meaning to his Padawan. His movements, his facial expressions, his presence, all spoke of it as he made brief movements before withdrawing only to do it again. Finally he got it.

"Remember when I spoke of how a Jedi allows the Force that flows through them and around them to aid in defense? How we never use the Force against its own will, but rather make ourselves it's extension?" Genesis briefly questioned his Padawan. "Same goes with Politics and Governing Bodies. Nor can we Force the people to think how we do. We are Keepers of Peace first and foremost, Advisors second, and Defenders lastly. We do not govern. That is not our role to play."

"Think of it this way:" Genesis spoke more, still trying to simplify his point. "If a Jedi stepped forward and warned a planet of potential doom, mass hysteria would break out, whether the governing body was prepared or not. It would be like Coruscant, what you saw in your vision. This is why we assist the military, whether it be Soldiers of the Rebellion or local militias. And evacuating an entire planet takes time. It takes precise coordination. And we rarely have the luxury of the Sith showing up late."

Genesis chuckled a bit to lighten the mood of the potential threat looming ahead as the shuttle made it's approach. When it landed, Genesis stood up and disembarked it, stepping out and gazing at the looming mountains that shot toward the sky. Out here in the Outskirt Districts, poverty was high and malnutrition ran amuck. This is where the lower class citizens were pushed, no matter the city nor the planet. It was the path of society in any given era. And if an evacuation was called, these would be the last to hear it. Genesis' life on Dantooine before joining the Jedi was very much like this.

Genesis said not a word as he began the trek into the forests bordering the mountainside, the desert winds blowing across the peaks turning the area humid and tropical. He had chosen this place for a reason. He wanted to test the child's stamina. To test his resolve. And when the child would grow tired as they trekked pathways through brush and over inclines, Genesis would stop and turn to the child for his next lesson.

"I told you that today would bring lessons, and I meant it." Genesis spoke with a serene smile as he sat upon the ground and crossed his legs, taking in a deep breath and settling himself in the nature that surrounded them. "You've showed your potential to focus and hone the Force, but now comes the taxing of it. You are tired. You're legs are likely stiff and sore. And even you're breathing may be heavy. But the Force can aid you. It can grant you strength and endurance. It can grant you speed and agility. But first you have to expand yourself and know it's own. Open your mind up to the Force, relax and take deep slow breaths, focusing on your breathing as your mind reaches into the Flow of Life and of the Force here around us. Be a leaf upon it's stream, and travel it's waters."

"Tell me what you see...."

“Ah! I see. We are passive guardians.” Noto nodded, but still scratched his chin as he sat beside Genesis.  "But still, sir, it, um, doesn’t make sense that if the military knows an attack could be incoming, why don’t they issue an evacuation? Surely more lives, um, could’ve been saved on Corescant had they known one day ahead that the moon was going to...um…”

Noto stopped. A few people were looking at him. It wasn’t clear if they had overheard, so Noto quietly silenced himself before causing what Genesis would call, mass hysteria. Still, he thought himself right. Fear might occur, but wouldn’t a little fear that saves thousands be worth it in the end?

The sight that greeted Noto when he got off the train made his twin hearts drop. The glamour and the richness of the city was absent here, but some of the heartless trash and scraps of society were. Thankfully, it didn’t seem like they would be here long, as Genesis went through the forests. Noto followed.

Quickly, Noto began to tire. Having the body of a student and not an athlete, his skills at navigating the underbrush was impressive only for his species natural advantage of numerous tentacles. Normally he kept two tentacles out for fine motor control, and two for propulsion, via walking. However, his species had a total of eight tentacles, and Noto had trained for of them for movement over both ground and sea. These four tentacles allowed him to travel longer than a human of his age, but he was still quickly tired and had to stop to take some deep gasps.

"You've shown your potential to focus and hone the Force, but now comes the taxing of it. You are tired. Your legs are likely stiff and sore. And even your breathing may be heavy.”

Noto nodded at this. He could feel some of the burn in his tentacles. And the arid climate was not helping him retain a cool temperature. 

“But the Force can aid you. It can grant you strength and endurance. It can grant you speed and agility. But first you have to expand yourself and know it's own. Open your mind up to the Force, relax and take deep slow breaths, focusing on your breathing as your mind reaches into the Flow of Life and of the Force here around us. Be a leaf upon it's stream, and travel it's waters."

Noto felt a bit confused. The Force could aid him? Nowhere in his reading did he hear about that. Though, maybe he would discover more in the readings that Genesis gave him. 

“Um, uh...um, ok...one second, let me...hoo, just need to breath a bit…”

Noto took a few more breaths and then closed his eyes, focusing on the Force like before. He began by speaking the mantra again. But between lines he gasps a bit more for air. 

Noto shook his head. He was having trouble focusing. 

“One second sir, I, um, just need a moment...hoo, one second, um…”

Genesis smiled. He figured that Noto would have trouble focusing through the strain of exhaustion. But this was the life of a Jedi. To find one's limits and overcome them, to not only focus the mind, but the body as well. He hoped by giving subtle hints, Noto would pick up on this for future reference. But he also understood that as a child, Noto wouldn't always be as sharp as an older youngling. 

"Try to focus without the mantra, Noto." Genesis spoke as he sat upon the ground, the overwhelming city like a painted canvas in the distance. "The mantra takes the breath that you're trying to catch and only hinders your breathing. Even thinking it will hinder your true focus and it will become a crutch you need to stand with."

"Focus your mind instead to the beats of your own heart, and try to slow it down to your breaths" He spoke, his voice serene and calming as he spoke slowly between breaths, continuously getting slower and slower until his voice was but a whisper on the wind. "And then breath. Deep and slow as you inhale and exhale. Your heart and your breath must be in tandem, or you will use more energy than you need. The same could be said about the Force, your body and mind."

Genesis fell silent as he let his words linger on the air that swirled around them, carried through and across the branches of the trees and down the trail they came up on and into the distance. And just as his words flowed outward, so did his mind as it traversed the same. Only this time, rather than echoes of words distancing, his mind echoed the thoughts and hearts of those it came upon, whether fauna or sapient.

"Drop a stone into the flow of the water, and it ripples. But dip a cup in it, and you capture a part of it." Genesis spoke, his presence traversing the area between them and the city as he gauged both Noto and the preparation for the evacuation as it was beginning to take place, distributed in secret as those with the knowledge he presented acted upon it first before others began to receive word. It wouldn't be long now before chaos would ensue as it grew closer to public knowledge. Such was politics. "As the currents of the Force flow through us and around us, it fills us. We are the cup. And yet, as we use it, it depletes, needed to be filled again. Only through focusing, can we determine how much is used and how. This is why focus is important."

“Technically I have two hearts sir, its common for my species and um…” Noto stopped himself, partially from breathing hard, but also from realizing how disrespectful he was being. Many times he had received a sting on the back for back-talking his elders. 

“Sorry, sorry...breath deep. Breath deep, I can do that.” Noto took a deep gasp of air, using two of his ‘hand’ tentacles to make a gesture of breathing in and out like a human would do so. 

Breath in. Breath out. Noto felt both of his hearts beat slightly slower, but not by much. Breath deeper. Let the air go in and out. Not just the air. The Force. It was in everything, correct? Why wouldn’t that include the air? Breathe in and out the Force. Feel the Force. Feel the presence of Genesis in the Force.

Even as Noto’s heart slowed, he could begin to feel the presence of things around him. Next to him on the ground there were eight different species of insects crawling around. The dirt they walked on held small pebbles, sand, and a tiny bit of water, barely holding the mixture together. 

The water. The water held it together. Like the force. The force held life together. The Water held the dirt, the Force held life. No, something was not correct in that. The Force held not just held life together, but him together. They were linked. The insects were linked with each other through the Force, and he was linked to the Insects. 

"Drop a stone into the flow of the water, and it ripples. But dip a cup in it, and you capture a part of it."

Noto nodded to these words. That was it. He was supposed to dip himself into the waters of the Force. He needed it to refill him. Without the binding agent, the dirt and pebbles and such would separate into useless, shaky ground. Without the Force, he would separate into a useless being. 

Don’t draw the Force in. Let it fill the body up. Let it flow like rain from a cloud to the ocean. Let it naturally flow. 

Noto breathed in deeply, his body completely at peace, and more importantly, rejuvenated. 

“I see the city where we came from. It’s… busy. But calm.”  Noto opened his eyes and looked at Genesis with both wonder and curiosity. 

As Noto spoke of his twin hearts, Genesis smirked and reeled in his mind, letting the moment of it flow outward away from his conscious as body and mind once again became one. He smiled as his gaze fell upon his pupil during his dip. 

"Then you will have twice the work." He jested as he looked into the Force and saw Noto's understanding grow and ripple within. He was beginning to catch on. But he would need more confidence. He needed to be more sure of himself. "Try not to overthink it, but recognize it's nature as well as your own. You are a Padawan now, and as such, are my equal. I may be the Master, but we are both students of the Force. I only have more experience."

Genesis allowed this to linger and seek in, attentively watching his pupil's presence and emotions as he spoke this humbling truth. Noto may have only recently began his training, but neither would ever stop learning. And like Noto, when Genesis first began the path of a Jedi, was just as timid and was weary of voicing his concerns. It was Armiena's mother, Misal Draygo, who gave him the courage to voice himself, and the reason Armiena chose to bring Kakuto along during the Battle of Kuat.

Albiet, the mistake it was and the treachery it became. Still, it was a lesson bought and learnt.

As Noto's gaze opened to meet that of his own, Genesis clapped as a sign of congratulations and nodded his head in his success before shifting his weight and repositioning his seating. With a big smile, he spoke.

"The water flows serene through you with little ripples. Well done."

"Your presence within the flow is but a natural occurrence. A hard one to detect without training, but we all are present. We can use this ability to find one another no matter the distance, or to notice the emotions and actions of those around us. Like the fish of the sea, even the subtlest of changes within it can alert us of potential dangers or those in need of help. And through this, we can attune our senses to notice like second nature, a living sixth sense."

Looking off into the distance, Genesis watched as the outflow of Bothawui traffic began to grow greater than the inflow, signalling that the politics of the Government had began to deploy. It had began. The evacuation of those deemed above the rest while those below would barely hear the word by the time the battle would likely assume. It was tragic, but it was the will of the Force. And one that Noto would not yet understand. For the life of the Jedi was sacrifice. And sometimes, witnessing such sacrifice.

As one of heart, this was something that Genesis himself had to struggle with. He could easily warn those he came across of the potential doom heading their way, but it would only cause hysteria and mass chaos, deferring the course of the evacuation to become unstable and do more harm than good. But he wasn't just out here to watch either. If it came to it, he was prepared to act. But only as a last resort should the darkness encroach. 

"I'm glad the city is calm." He spoke with a foreboding sadness as he focused his gaze back to Noto. "But it may not be for long. I hope that our Intel was wrong, but should the Sith Armada show up to take Bothawui, I need you to focus upon those subtle changes. It will aid you more than any blade, allowing you to react more quickly."

Noto's hearts skipped slightly at the compliment. Hearing how good he was doing had been a relatively rare thing. It was hard to exceed at something on a planet that pursued spiritual enlightenment over most things.

"Like the fish of the sea, even the subtlest of changes within it can alert us of potential dangers or those in need of help. And through this, we can attune our senses to notice like second nature, a living sixth sense."

Noto looked at Genesis with a slight crooked tilt.

"Sixth sense...you mean like precognition? "

Noto stroked his chin face plates and recalled what he had read on the force alerting people to danger. 

"If I recall correctly, master Bodo Bass described the force as a guide in of itself." Noto started. Then he raised a tentacle up as a quoting indication.  " some hear the force as a silent whisper, while some see it as a splash of colors when it is trying to communicate with the sensitive. It is neither aggressive, nor caring, but a simple feeling or statement. When it speaks its unbearable voice, it speaks with purpose. Those who listen to this voice appear to know the future, or are able to react faster then the speed of thought. In all actuality, they are simply listening and reacting off what the force is telling them.  It is imperative to listen to that voice in times of trouble, or it may become the last voice one might not hear."

Noto lowered his tentacle, indicating he was done quoting Musings of an Old Crab

"If I didn't believe in the force sir, I'd call it magic or something. But sir, I've never heard a voice or anything like that before. I've had to focus myself to know that the city is busy but calm. How is that going to protect me in the middle of conflict? I doubt my enemy will simple let me meditate in the middle of a battle...though, that would be funny to witness"

Noto giggled a bit at the image that popped into his head. A massive red painted warrior, about to kill noto, but then stops because noto wanted to meditate. 

Several days later, Johanna Bryce was summoned to a briefing room with Admiral Klatchka. This was a meeting that the Rebel Talon had been dreading; Naboo had been lost, several of her men had been slain with no hope of their bodies being repatriated. Worse, her action at Theed had accomplished little for the loss aside from the destruction of several troop transports and a single naviputer that had not been wiped by the shuttle’s crew. Her shoulder still aching as she took a deep breath prior to entering the briefing room, she knocked and was surprised to find three of her Talons along with the middle-aged Admiral Klatchka.

While the Mon Calamari seemed to be in a grim mood, the solemnity did not seem directed at the commander of his ground troops.

“Captain, glad to see you up and about.” He waved a webbed arm towards the round table in the center of the room. “Sit. We have little time. The situation has become dangerous for the Rebel Alliance. With the loss of Naboo, the Sith have gained a safe staging ground to launch further attacks into the Outer Rim. Nar Shaddaa is now within the grasp of the Sith.”

“So we are to redeploy to Nar Shaddaa? Sir?”

The Mon Calamari fixed a single pale eye on the Talon. “Wrecking Machine and most of the Fourth Fleet will lie in reserve in preparation for such an attack. That said, our special forces must secure a base of operations for withdrawal in the event of failure. I draw your attention to a space station in the Galactic Core, known colloquially as ‘Outer Heaven.’”

A holograph of the space station appeared before them. Unusually for an isolated space station, the hull if the station appeared dominated by a vast cityspace. It almost appeared as a miniature Coruscant, albeit significantly more run-down. A miniature Nar Shaddaa, perhaps.

“Despite its reputation as a den for mercenaries and less savory scum, the staton does boast many of the facilities required to maintain larger vessels. More importantly, it has never been under significant threat by either the Sith-Imperial or Republic militaries. We can expect it to be a softer target than the typical Imperial fleet. We have prepared a dossier on the station, but you will receive a full briefing upon your arrival at the rendezvous point at Mon Calamari. Good luck, Captain. I hope you won’t need it.”

Several minutes later, the four Talons boarded the DP20 Frigate Marathon and were dispatched into hyperspace.

• Like 1

captbryce.png.2c8f791ababda85e8e03e99cfa70b878.png

One of the things he enjoyed about Noto the most was the child's intellect. But it also came with a fault. Secluded and deprived of an interactive life, Noto seemed to rely more on verses and paragraphs of a book rather than of life it's self. Wasn't a bad thing, but it did hinder his understanding slightly when it came to Genesis' own parables. Genesis chuckled.

"Some have called it precognition. Others have called it an inner voice. But in truth, it's a simple thought process." Genesis spoke, tapping at his head with his forefinger. "You've felt the Force and it's flow. And simply being aware of the Force has a tendency to heighten one's sense to their surroundings. I, however, tend to feel through the Force similar to how I see through it."

"For Miralukians, even hybrids like myself, seeing through the Force is a construct that hard to describe in words. Some describe it similar to echolocation while others have described it similar to seeing shapes within the whitenoise of a holovid. I have described it as both multiple times since describing it is impossible with words. It's like looking at your reflection in the water as it ripples, or being blind but knowing what's in front of you, a hard thing to grasp for those who cannot fathom it."

Realizing that he was making things more complicated by diverging down a separate talk, Genesis scratches at his chin as he formulates the words.

A fish in the water is alert to it's surroundings by feeling the water. If it shifts or ripples, it becomes alerted by it's flow and adjusts accordingly. A Force user does the same as the Force flows around them and through their surroundings similar to water with a fish. Even the slinging of a Blade, or the malice intent behind it can signal red flags to someone attuned and grant them forewarning enough to react. Meditation and focus only strengthens your bond with the Force. In combat, you have to listen and feel with the Force."

Noto’s face turned into confusion at first. Each face plate tried to move together in the center of his face, taking each millimeter as far as it could go. 

“So, you are telling me to treat my force sense as that...a sense...but…” Noto reached up and stroked his face plates again and looked around pointlessly, trying to piece things together outloud. “I do not use it as a sense. But with time it will become more sense like? I’m not sure how that makes sense. Not that I’m questioning you, sir, um, sorry, but uh, I am not eyeless, erm um, I mean…”

Noto placed a tentacle on his face in embarrassment. In that moment of silence and embarrassment, Noto felt a little bit of his suckers on his face. This momentary distraction led him down a new line of thought.

“But, if I keep practicing it, like you said…aha! I get it!”

Noto suddenly jumped slightly, and in an entirely uncivilized way according to his peoples, brought out 6 of his eight tentacles from his robes for showing. The black mass of chitin, tentacles, and water probably would’ve made a frightening sight for any onlooker. 

“You say that meditation helps with focus! Like muscle memory! Like my tentacles! See, my people, after our first full lunar year cycle, we do a ceremony where our elders tell us which of our tentacles are meant for grabbing and which for walking. But we don’t know how to use them like that yet! So we practice and practice till it becomes second-nature! Aha!”

Noto’s face beamed with pleasure as he quickly put his tentacles back under his robes, aside from the two ‘hands’ he was used to having out. Still, he wiggled a bit in joy, which was very visible.

“Thats why you had me do that meditation right after that hike! I see sir! I see!”  

• Like 1

Genesis smiled. Noto was beginning to catch on. His gaze drifted off toward the spaceport near where they were staying and saw as more ships began to pour out. He inner thoughts conflicted, and he turned his gaze back to his Padawan.

"Excellent job Noto." He professed. "It must become second nature for all Jedi. For we see, feel, and hear the will of the Force. And through it's will, our own senses become more attuned to it. It augments our own."

Edited by Stormhelm

• 3 weeks later...

Noto looked in the direction that his master had gazed towards, seeing the ships moving. However, where Genesis looked with deep thoughts, Noto’s brain was active with imagination. How to improve his concentration, how to build upon himself, how to deepen his connection. But these were not in any way deep, only the thoughts a child would have when discovering a new formula for a sweetened mixture. 

“So, then sir, what is next? More hiking? Running? Or something different? I don’t mind anything, I’m up for everything!” 

Noto bobbed his head up and down in excitement, eager to move on with his training, thinking he was showing traits of being a good student. Truth be told, he wasn’t one for physical exercise out of the water, but he wasn’t going to communicate that now. 

Genesis smiled. Noto's excitement was warranted and welcomed. But his training was merely at the beginning. He had barely begun to sense the Force, and wielding it would come with time and training. Still, Genesis hated to disappoint.

"Now that you've got a grasp on sensing the Force, let's see how well you do against this.." Genesis spoke playfully as he pulled out a small training remote and tossed it into the air, the small sphere coming to life with small electroids protruding from it's form as Genesis tossed Noto a piece of cloth. "... While blindfolded."

"Don't worry. It cannot harm you as the electroids produce minor electricity, barely enough to tickle you." Genesis explained as he stood up and positioned himself away from Noto against a boulder. "But since we're training you to sense the Force, we may as well work on your Jedi Defense."

After Noto had blindfolded himself and Genesis' remotely activated it's programming, Genesis would explain it's concept. "Droids are harder to sense in the Force as they aren't living creatures. But they, like everything else, are made up of and bound by the Force. From the metal that encases it, to the electricity that courses across it's circuitry and out of it's prods toward you, all is a part of the Force. Sense it, and avoid it's attacks."

When Genesis brought out the training device, Noto’s excitement rose a bit more. However, all of his excitement instantly turned to confusion when the blindfold was brought out. 

“Uhhhh….” Noto uttered as his master explained what was going to happen. “Ah, you mean this is how we, um, ok…” 

Even as Noto tied the blindfold over his eyes, his thought process was going as fast as usual. “But, if its not dangerous, will I honestly sense it? I mean, I don’t doubt you, but, er, I, ah nevermind. "

With the blindfold on, Noto rebalanced himself. He had forgotten how much he actually relied on sight out of the water. In the water, he could swim blindfolded, at least for a long time. The currents, the temperatures, all the factors of the water could guide him. But here, it was different. Much more empty. Even the breeze felt empty compared to the water he was used to. 

Still, Noto would try. Slowly he got himself into a ready position. “Alright, sense it. Avoid its attacks. Ok, I can do this. Ok, just got to focus on the Force. Focus on the force…”

Genesis smiled internally as he watched his Padawan mentally and physically prepare himself. Noto was confused, nervous, and a bit out of his natural sense of safety. But this was what training was for. To place one outside the safety nets they were used to and place them in a safe and secure environment meant to test their reactions and allow them to become used to the moments that would count the most in their futures. 

And yet, even with this training, it could never truly prepare them for the real thing.

"Calm yourself Noto." Genesis spoke as the nervous words rambled from his Padawan's chitlin mouth, a sense of serene and calm aura carrying a somber tone. "Trust in yourself and in the Force."

The sphere began to swirl upon activation, it's silent hum echoing around them and in between the trees as it's prods shifted and whirled around it's form. All was quiet except Genesis as he spoke.

"Remember our talks of the Force and it's flow. Like the currents of a stream flowing toward the river and flowing into the sea, it connects all and all is a part of it." Genesis spoke solemnly as his tone remained serene, barely a whisper a over the reverberation of the training sphere. "And like the currents of the sea, the slightest anomaly can change it's feel and path. Focus on the sphere, listen to it's humming, follow the path of it's circuitry and understand it's intended current."

Confident in his Padawan, Genesis activated the probe's programming as it's prods tingled with electricity. Whirling, it struck out at the awaiting Noto.

"Calm yourself Noto. Trust in yourself and in the Force."

Noto took a deep breath at this. A youngling raised in a worse situation would’ve made some snide comment about how easy that could be for someone, but the years of living with elders, loving parents, and calm oceans taught Noto to say something much more respectable. 

“Alright. I got this…” In truth, Noto did not have this. The sound of the device changing to a silent hum instantly captured the Krevaaski's attention. Noto’s attention only shifted slightly to Genesis when his master spoke again. 

“Right, I got to make my force sense more sense like. I need to open myself and YOUCH!” 

Noto yelped as the training sphere struck. The brief moment of pain in Noto’s hand tentacle was minor. The electricity, like Genesis had said, was harmless. But the surprise of it made it seem five times more intense than it actually was. Noto yelped and jumped backwards instinctively, nearly falling over before catching his balance. 

Noto grumbled slightly as he rubbed where he was struck. Still, he got back into a ready position and prepared himself. 

“The Force. Focus on the Force…” Noto whispered to himself, which then turned into a silent monologue. 

The Force is an ocean, and we are all in it. Listen to the Ocean, feel the waves. The waves. Everything makes a wave. Everything makes a wave. Listen to the waves. Listen…Feel and listen. Just feel and listen. Let the water ebb and flow…

The tingling in the back of Noto’s head began a bit. It was slight, but it was there. The feel of the Force touching his mind ever so slightly. The waves that the Force was feeding him was miniscule at best, but it was there. 

Noto’s body visibly began to relax. His arm  tentacles loosened while his locomotive ones swayed. His facial plates returned to a resting position. The Force, in its mysterious, unseen ways, fed the young squid-like being quietly. 

The sphere retreated after it struck, it's orbital shape shifting as it hovered overhead and preparing it's next strike. It's purpose and programming were traditional, rising the bar as the Padawan progressed and it's prods able to produce more than electricity when and if Noto chose to wield a Lightsaber. But for now, it only held one program running, and that was to train Noto to expect the unexpected and feel it's intentions.

"Good. Relax Noto. Grow to know the Ocean that is the Force as it swirls around you..." Genesis spoke as he saw his Padawan relax and focus his mind. "It surrounds you, invisible, but ever present. Let your mind explore it and let it react accordingly."

As Genesis words concluded, the remote would strike at Noto again, it's electric prods angled with just enough voltage to tingle the skin. And Genesis held confidence in his pupil. For all Sensitives are born with the knowledge to wield the Force. That's the very definition of being sensitive to the Force. It merely takes Focus and Training to hone what is given naturally.

"Don't force it. Allow it to come naturally." Genesis spoke again. "Your mind holds the knowledge. You simply have to allow it to understand."

The tingling in the back of Noto’s brain grew a bit more violent. Noto wasn’t sure if it was a sign that something was about to happen or if Noto was about to have a force vision, so he reacted as he only could. 

With a dash of panic. 

Noto’s tentacles flailed as the Krevaaki tried to pointlessly dodge wherever the electric jolt would come from. While his flailing did help him not get struck in the tentacle again, it only rewarded him by accidentally placing his head in remote’s targeting sensors. 

“Gah!” Noto again shouted, not in pain, but annoyance. His faceplates took the brunt of the pain, but his pride was hurt. 

“Sorry, sorry, I just, um… let me try again, ack, sorry…” 

Noto took a few deep breaths and quietly recited his mantra under his breath. The tingling began to return as usual. In the hot sunlight, a trickle of pale slime-sweat  dripped down from under the blindfold down Noto’s face plates. 

“The Ocean…the Force. The Ocean….the Force” Noto whispered. He was beginning to feel some of the life around him. At his feet something was crawling. No, burrowing. About a few centimeters down…a worm? There, a six winged bug brushed past on his left side. The air was not perfectly still, there was a breeze. No, not a breeze. There was…something floating…

The tingle in the back of Noto’s head became violent again. Noto wasn’t sure if he moved, or if the Force moved him, but his entire body leaned to the left. The remote’s prod grazed the Krevaaki cloaked shoulder. Had it been where it was a moment ago, Noto’s exposed neck would have been struck. 

The air grew rancid as Noto’s musk began to smell with excitement.  “I did it! I did it! Hahaha!” 

• Like 1

Genesis smiled. Noto was coming along rather well. Though he still held a need for a focus point, a mantra he either spoke aloud or to himself, he was accessing the Force with strength and tranquility. He had the bearings of a fine future Jedi Knight, and Genesis couldn't help but see himself somewhat in the young Krevaaki. 

"Excellent." Genesis applauded Noto, increasing the speed of the remote. "We're going to kick things up a notch. Don't be nervous. Just focus. Let the Force guide you."

As Genesis spoke, the remote darted about over Noto's head, the gears of it's sphere shifting horizontal and diagonal. Prods humming with the low voltage electricity, it darted in at twice the speed and struck at the Padawan twice before retreating once again. The intent of this exercise was to develope muscle memory within the natural flow of the Force as well as increase Noto's affinity to it.

If he was to grasp the next part of his training, his bond within the Force would need to be strengthened and familiar. Genesis had faith in the young Krevaaki though, and knew it was time to begin the push.

This time, Noto did not react as quickly as he would have. His excitement from earlier had distracted him, and the drone moved much quicker then he would have anticipated. 

And this time, Noto was unbalanced. 

Yipe! Ah!” Noto exclaimed then scrambled slightly as he fell over backwards, clutching at where the training remote struck. Being slightly on a hill, Noto continued to tumble backwards until he eventually came to rest at the bottom. 

Noto pulled off the blindfold with a huff and for once, gave a look towards Genesis that was easy to read: a slight glare. 

“That wasn’t fair. I wasn’t even ready for that…”

• Like 1

Genesis darted down the hill after his Padawan as he reached out into the Force to slow his rolling and inevitably stop him. He hadn't expected Noto to grow unaware so quickly and this little set back was completely unsuspecting. Still, there was some humor to be found in watching the Krevaaki tumble.

"Are you alright?" Genesis questioned as he reached out his hand to help the young Noto up, a small chuckle upon realizing that it hurt his pride more than it hurt his form. "One must always expect the unexpected. Still, I should have gave you more of a warning. Forgive me."

Shifting his gaze upward, Genesis noticed the sun was past its peak and was beginning to wane upon its setting axis across it's western sky. There was a second reason that Genesis had chose to come out here to the slums, and he shifted a bag of supplies to Noto. They would disperse them as they made their way back to the transport.

"Come. We should head back." Genesis spoke. "We'll deliver these supplies to the village below and then head back toward our room for the evening. We can pick up tomorrow after some rest."

• 7 months later...

In the skies above Bothawui, The Crate dropped out of hyperspace. In the cockpit, a single alarm blared. I grumbled to myself, fumbling under the control panel until my metal fingers closed on what I was looking for. With a yank, I pulled out a metal cylinder. The alarm died away.

Last time I buy a pressure reader from a swap meet.

"We're here!" I called out.

• Like 1

“Oooooh we here? Good good!” Kiv exclaimed then poked the sleeping tusken a few times. “Wakey wakey big cousin, we made to planet. New place, new treasures for all”

Kiv jumped away before Rru could retaliate, a life-saving instict almost all jawas had. At least, all the ones that were alive. 

Kiv rushed off the ship and stretched his body, hands above head and screeching something that could only be described as a yawn. 

“Good ship lady. I like a lot. You ever need upgrades, I know a person who can help. Discreet too, yes yes yes.“ 

>Sir, focus please< Eyes beeped as he spun in front of the jawa’s face, poking the rodent’s shoulder with his arm.

“Oh be quiet, I'm as focused as a dragon on a bantha.” Kiv tried to wave the droid away. “Anywho, lady, we need to get to bar. My contact, he likes bar much. Same here. He knows I’m coming. We can talk details there. You bring proof of cash, I bring big cousin for moral support. Follow me! I take you to him!”

Without word or wait, Kiv lead the way. The jawa moved with a deceptive speed, stopping only when Eyes insisted on waiting for the others. Eventually, he led the group to the so-called bar. A government run tavern, known as The Ak’s nest, was populated almost entirely of off-duty soldiers, imperials on shore leave, and numerous locals. The owner, an aging bothan female, looked almost like she would fall down from exhaustion. 

“Hi big momma!” Kiv exclaimed, raising both hands and waving happily. 

The bothan gave a look of disgust that came with knowing Kiv, followed by a glare and pointed towards one of the tavern’s corner booth, where a lone squib sat nervously. Kiv attempted to blow a kiss towards the bothan, who in turn flipped the jawa off.

“She likes me, she really does. I always take only simple drinks, like water with a Jun-Lime.” Kiv whispered to Zeris as he weaved his way towards the booth. 

“Anywho, this is Grees.” Kiv introduce the squib. A young-looking blue-hair squib, who’s bloodshot eyes revealed many sleepless nights during the past few weeks of war time. “Good friend, good friend. You ask him, yes? He get you it, yes yes…”

Kiv sat down in the booth and patted the seats next to him, indicating for one of the others to sit, and for negotiations to begin.   

• Like 1

image.jpeg.d53492beab516d9a1b229282717105a7.jpeg

Rru grunted, swinging one gloved hand half-heartedly towards whatever it was that was prodding him. He had finally fallen asleep wrapped in a pile of surprisingly warm flimsy emergency blankets. It was way too cold on this ship, in space, wherever the heck they were. From beneath his goggles, Rru saw the shadowy face of the Jawa swing into view. Instabtly he redoubled his effort and swung wildly at the short fellow who giggled and danced out of range. 

Sitting up, Rru looked around. It was the same ship, the same man-made metal coffin that had ferried him away from his home. It was not the first time. He did not like it anymore this time and the hole in his heart as his mind was drawn to the hold that inevitably contained no spirit-bonded beast. Pushing himself to his feet, the Tusken raider ran a hand over his belt and slung bandoliers, not entirely convinced the Jawa had not been at least tempted to pilfer something while he slept.

Stumbling out after the Jawa, Rru drew up short, distracted by what lay before him, a city unlike those of Tatooine abd more modern than the citadels of Onderon abd was cold, not frigidly so, but to kne accustomed to triple digit days, the air felt like the cool night breeze as it drew in the deathly pale hand of death to the unprepared after the subs had set. Pulling his shroud, and with it his shouldered cycler, closer about his shoulders, Rru walked. And oh did he walk. Every footstep was light and airy, barely deigning to grace the ground beneath him, moving without a trace. Yet he was a Tusken, a proud warrior of a proud warrior people. His shoulders were held back and he held his head high. Any looks that were shot his way out of curiosity, fear, or otherwise were not met as the black clad nomad followed in the shadows of the slipping and sliding rodent.

”Another one?” He growled at the site of the prefabricated gray building. All the way across the stars and they were going to another drinking establishment. Oh what these technologically advanced beings seemed to waste; was this all they did? Their existence boiled down to slaving the days away and drinking away the nights? Without thinking twice, Kiv ducked inside. Rru paused thinking by twice. The last bar they were in ended in plenty of bloodshed and Rru putting a bullet between the eyes of a rather odiferous jelly-filled Hutt. When Zeris followed Kiv in, Rru begrudgingly followed, his free hand dropping low, his fngers gliding against the beskar-made gaderffi that hung at his waist. He exhaled deeply, trusting that whatever he had done to lead him here, whatever sins he had committed, the ancestors would honor him as a sun of the sands of Tatooine.

Stepping from sun into shadow, it took the Tusken’s eyes a moment to adjust. As they did, he did like what he saw. The bar was full, a product of the end of the work day. Everyone looked tired, best down by the drudgery of an endless war that was beyond the Tusken’s ideals or cares. Everyone seemed to look though and as Kiv and Zeris wove through the crowd, Rru found himself confronted by a trio of musclebound brutes nursing beers inside and out and toting what could only be described as government issue blasters and blades, the only way  they had been allowed in in the first place.

“Hey! I know you sandbag.” The first thing growled drunkenly as he shoved Rru’s shoulders. The Tusken rolled with the push, little more than an attempt to instigate a fight. “Didn’t I kruck your mama after one hot night in the sands?”

“Nah.” Another drunken idiot butted in, swinging the butt end of his patrol rifle  at Rru’s midsection. “That was me!”

Rru hissed as the fist connected with his stomach, exhaling rapidly as he sought to not double over in pain.

”Maybe it was both of yous.” The third offered with a laugh. “Who knows, maybe this stinky sand nuna is one of your spawn.” At that all, three men guffawed loudly over the usual din of the bar. 

Looking up, Rru’s reflective goggles locked with those of the second man. “What do you think you’re looking at sand nuna? I ain’t your daddy.”

An animalistic snarl erupted from deep within Rru’s gullet, a Tusken battlecry that echoed across the bar as he pulled his traditional weapon free in one smooth motion. His elbow connected with the face of the second drunken idiot with a sickening crack. The man did not even see it coming as his face was bloodied and he slumped to the floor in a pile.

”Whoa-ho!” The first soldier chortled as he pulled his blaster from his side. “Touched a nerve there did we sonny boy?”

Rru did not hesitate. The glistening club of the gaderffi hummed through the air, knocking the blaster to the floor with ease as the desert warrior closed the distance bringing the bladed end of the weapon upwards. It stopped a hair’s breadth from the drunk’s face. Rru’s shrouded face was mere inches on the other side of the weapon, his alien gaze taking in the sudden fear that overcame the drunken combatant’s eyes. It only lasted a moment before the bulbous bitt end of the weapon was moving again, upwards into the man’s chin with a second sickening crack of bone as spittle and teeth were expelled. The man crumpled a whimpering mess.

The third drunk, realizing the potential totality of overreaching bantha poop he and his comrades may have stepped into fell back leaving a distance of several feet between he an the Tusken, an empty bit of floor in the otherwise packed bar. With his rifle leveled at Rru, the drunk man shook. Before he could respond, the tired bar owner had waived over a lair of hulking Abyssian bouncers. One grabbed the rifle, expertly twisting it from the drunk’s hands while simultaneously grabbing him about the neck and lifting him from his feet.

The other swung at the Tusken, intent in the same. Used to drunken brawlers of all calibers, the Abyssian was powerful and practiced. Rru, swung his gaderffi about, ready for yet another attacker; but before he could do so, the entirety of the bar about them erupted in a chorus of cheers and taunts as the excitement of a fight broke up the monotony of another dreary day.

As I followed the jawa Kiv through the city, I began to consider his companion. I made it my business to read people. Well, not their likes of dislikes and stuff. Or their temperments. Or really their personalities in general.

What I meant was I knew how to read how dangerous a person was. And this tusken was dangerous. He walked with the kind of energy and stance that said Hi, if you cross me I'll skin you, fold your skin into a hat, and look dang proud of myself wearing it. Not a bad person to have around, so long as they stayed on task, and a heap of trouble if they went off book. 

I'm mixing my metaphors, and maybe I was just being a little paranoid, but having two of those kinds of people hanging around together seemed like a recipe for trouble, and the jawa probably wouldn't help matters. 

On 6/27/2022 at 8:30 PM, Klu Kiv said:

“Anywho, this is Grees.” Kiv introduce the squib. A young-looking blue-hair squib, who’s bloodshot eyes revealed many sleepless nights during the past few weeks of war time. “Good friend, good friend. You ask him, yes? He get you it, yes yes…”

Kiv sat down in the booth and patted the seats next to him, indicating for one of the others to sit, and for negotiations to begin.   

I'll admit it, I felt a little nauseous at the sight of that blue, furry face. I don't like squibs. Shoot me for it.

"Alright," I said. "I'm looking for food packs, air purifiers, and water purifiers. As many as you can, don't care if they're used." I thought for a second. "Except for the food packs. Those need to be unused," I added.

On 6/27/2022 at 9:53 PM, Wyvernfall said:

The third drunk, realizing the potential totality of overreaching bantha poop he and his comrades may have stepped into fell back leaving a distance of several feet between he an the Tusken, an empty bit of floor in the otherwise packed bar. With his rifle leveled at Rru, the drunk man shook. Before he could respond, the tired bar owner had waived over a lair of hulking Abyssian bouncers. One grabbed the rifle, expertly twisting it from the drunk’s hands while simultaneously grabbing him about the neck and lifting him from his feet.

The other swung at the Tusken, intent in the same. Used to drunken brawlers of all calibers, the Abyssian was powerful and practiced. Rru, swung his gaderffi about, ready for yet another attacker; but before he could do so, the entirety of the bar about them erupted in a chorus of cheers and taunts as the excitement of a fight broke up the monotony of another dreary day.

What in the- Did someone actually start a barfight?

Deep down, I knew what had happened before I even saw the two bouncers standing in front of that brown bedecked murder man. 

Great, I thought, and I honestly couldn't tell if I was exasperated or excited. It was a very odd feeling.

I turned to look back at the squib. "Don't make me track you down," I said, wagging a metal finger like a disapproving mother.

I walked towards the two Abyssians, while the tusken swung that club of his while shuffling through the puddles of blood and teeth on the floor. Quickest (and most fun) way to end this I figured was to put down the biggest guys in the bar and clear a path for me, the tusken, the jawa, and our contact to leave. That those guys happened to be the bouncers was pure happenstance.

It also occurred to me as I walked over that I could have just left the tusken alone. I didn't need to get involved. I could have just covered the squib and finished our business.

Ah, screw it. How often did you get the chance to fight Abyssians? No one could take a punch and keep on swinging like those cyclopes?

"Hey," I said, coming up behind the bouncer holding the rifle of the drunk. Then, with a quick chop, I cut down with my hand into the gun, knocking it to the ground, and with two swift punches I down the drunk and got the bouncer good and mad.

I grinned.

• Like 1

"So you gonna tell me what I got mixed up with?" The squib asked as the fight began, calling zeris attention away. The small blue furred being raised a glass for a deep sip of something dark. 

"What? You think I bring bad business?" Kiv asked, watching the fight as well. 

"Blackmailers always do" the squib glared. "Besides…who brings a tusken?"

Kiv couldn't help but chuckle as the sound of someone breaking a bone was beard. "Good point, yes yes. Good pointbut that's no tusken. That my friend, is a Mando tusken. "

"Reek bull. If that's a Mando, then im…"

Kiv stopped the squib as he pulled out one of his handheld holoprojector. Immediately an image of the tusken and the Mando warrior in a dear embrace from tatooine filled the small space.

"...a golden nuxu. " the squib stammered, confused to say the least. 

"Aha? Right? Mandos don't go for one's outside their own… and sand people are worse. So naturally he is Mando, and if he is mando…"

Grees looked at zeris with a new interest as kiv turned off the image before someone else saw

"...then I should act my age, eh?" 

"Hehe, yes yes. But I know you can get her what she wants. You good like that." 

Grees gave a glare again. "I don't like being involved with blackmailed dealings like this. If the imperial know I did this…"

"Then it's good I told her your name was grees, isn't it?"

The squib stopped, then squeaked madly. 

"Oh kiv, I hate you, but you are entertaining to say the least. If she can pay, I can get what she needs. But I have to ask, what's your profit?"

"Hmmm?" 

The squib raised a finger. "What's that rule again? A noble adventure with no profit is a waste of time?" 

Kiv chuckled. " Ah, You got me, yes yes."

kiv suddenly leaned closer. "I want what I asked for."

The squib glared again. "You can't be serious"

The small jawa produced a small datapad. "Get it to me, and you don't have to worry about that little other, spicy, hustle you've been doing"

Grees, after a brief glare, didn't answer right away. A large humanoid crashed into the table, sending drinks flying everywhere. 

"Kriff! Fine! Docking bay 3! 1 hour or no deal!"

With that, Grees took off, a blue blur in the crowd of drunkards. 

Kiv laughed and looked at zeris and the tusken. "Yooo hoo! Time to go! We gots good deal, yes yes yes!"

With that Kiv because the rodent he truly was and scurried for the doorway. The sound of imperial sirens outside could be heard. No doubt, security to break up the massive brawl that had taken over the bar. 

• Like 1

Seeing the mechanized mode of his present location and eventual return home enter the fray, Rru continued to move; his vigor and drove renewed. Throwing an elbow, it was met by some resistance as he crushed the nose of the man who was attempting to come up behind him.

It really was not a fair fight; not even as the room almost unanimously burst into chaos. Any grudge or petty misunderstanding suddenly turned violent. Weapons were brandished. Quite suddenly a bar brawl devolved into what could only be described as the most base vile compilation of negative sentient emotion being released. Alcohol tended to have that effect on so very many. That made it even more unfair. Intoxicated, angry at any myriad of things, uncoordinated and outnumbered, it was almost predestined that Rru and company would win. With the voices of his ancestor singing warnings and praise in his ears, the black-clad Tusken whirled about lime a swirling dervish. The smell of burnt fusty sand seemed to radiate from his flowing robed as the glint of his gaderffi shone like a vortexing star in the night sky. Rolling, leaping, ducking, and jumping, the Tusken cleared a path all about him, intent on not killing if at all possible. That did not mean concussions and broken bones did not abound. He fought until he came back to back with @Zeris Mons in the fray. If she could see his face, she would have seen a rather disturbing smile of mirth. Offworlders were all the same it seemed. This was fun. 

Over the cacophony of combat, the grating whine of the Jawa, @Klu Kivcould be heard. Rru’s eyes locked onto the rodent as he scurried for the doorway. In the distance the wail of incoming sirens grew louder. Even on a backwater world like Tatooine, a nomad such as Rru knew what that meant; a display of force, in his experience lethal, was inbound and great enough it did not even try to carry an element of surprise.

Swinging his weapon, it connected with a solid thud sending a Rodian flying backwards through the air. Rru leapt to dodge an incoming golley of blaster fire at his feet, flipping through the air to land on a rather angry looking Corellian who was rushing towards Zeris with a rather heavy looking piece of jagged bottle. The man never knew what hit him as Rru’s swathed foot crumpled in his face.

“Time to go.” he snarled before rushing out the door after Klu. Running down the street, he made the corner just as the first of the Imperial speeders came into view, it’s flashing emergency lights bathing the entire area in wails and strobing reds and blues. Chancing a glance back, the Tusken Raider saw a stream of military-garbed heavily armed crowd control officers charge into the frsckas. Rru did not wait to see more. He hurried after the others, easily gaining on the scurrying Jawa. “Did you get what we needed?” 

“Time to go. Did you get what we needed?”

“Oh yes yes I did big cousin!” Kiv exclaimed, stopping around a corner, out of sight of the bar where the security forces were attempting to break up the brawl. The small jawa panted heavily as he placed his hands on his knees.

“Were there any doubt? No no, of course not, you both can easily trust the great Kiv. I have never failed before”

>With one or two exceptions< came a familiar beeping under Kiv’s robes. From them Eyes floated out, clearly annoyed at having been in storage mode for so long. >You did forget about that one time on Naboo<

“Oh be quiet, that one don’t count.” Kiv waved the droid off. “Anywho, yes, we got what we needed, and even something to make this trip worthwhile for me even. Early life day gift to myself, yes yes. Docking bay 3.”

Kiv had to stop before breaking into a sprint. “Hmm… thanks to you two, we may be wanted. Got to be sneaky. Good thing you have Kiv. He be very sneaky when needed. You have problem with sewers you two?”

• Like 1

The downside of brawls when you're actually good at fighting is that they don't last long. Sure, it's fun to punch big, tough, thugs in the ego, but once people understand that you are actually dangerous they tend to back off. Or double down with blasters. Either way, the fun is over pretty quick.

I suppose that's why bar brawls are the best. Nothing suppresses a creature's survival instinct like alcohol, and if you get them good and mad they'll just keep coming.

On 7/7/2022 at 11:45 PM, Klu Kiv said:

Kiv had to stop before breaking into a sprint. “Hmm… thanks to you two, we may be wanted. Got to be sneaky. Good thing you have Kiv. He be very sneaky when needed. You have problem with sewers you two?”

I grimaced.

hated sewers. With a passion. With a raw, unbridled passion.

It wasn't the smell necessarily. It was the work afterwards. The long tedious work. As it turns out, you can't just power wash cybernetics the same way you take a shower. No matter how careful you are, that stink and filth gets in every little crack and crevice and joint and sits there for weeks. You had to take apart every single piece and clean it separately just to get rid of that stench.

But...getting into a firefight with law enforcement really didn't sound like a good idea either. A bounty hunting license would probably get me in more trouble than not here. No legitimate bounty to track, so I'd be seen as a violent thug who let loose for the fun of it.

Which, to be fair...

I stopped next to a sewer grate, and wrenched it off.

"Alright...let's go."