Ziost

Tarrian Skywalker

The spirit of Inmortos swooped about the planet hungering for that which me might devour. The spirit of @Darth Calypso was tempting, but to challenge the newfound lord of their order at such a time as this was undesirable. To do so, there must be a great cloud of witnesses. His glory must be grown, burned upon the memories of all who bore witness to it. The apprentice that trailed in her shadow, @Atrid Torsen, he was within the protection of the warlord @Mavanger. Out of respect, he too would be left, for the time being. The undead armies that followed the queen of darkness were his own; servants worthy of little more than the eternity he had bestowed upon their forms. The world crawled with intangible darkness. It was a darkness that crawled beyond the physical and soaked into the spiritual realm that Inmortos now claimed as his own, a world he sought to return from and command.

The armored Mandalorians were something else entirely. Their leader @saberforce was an emotional wall, bound to by the spirits of those closest to him. To touch any of them would invite carnage upon Inmortos’ newfound body should the possession not go according to plan. And yet, they were the only spirits that roved upon this world that were not entirely mindless beasts or servants to the Sith Order of which Inmortos had pledged his fealty in exchange for immeasurable power.

The formless form of Inmortos tasted the world of darkness. More. There were more of these marauding barbarians. He had but to find them. As a cold and mighty wind, the lord of death eternal moved, a front blowing across the world until he found them, the ships of the foreigners, guarded by but a handful of the armored acolytes of the way of the Mandalore. Inmortos knew them well, servants of the Sith in their many wars. One of them, carefully selected, would serve anew until, like their brethren, their use had been dissipated in the grand scheme.

The winds of Inmortos calmed as an icy chill enveloped the pair of Kom’rk transports. A fog welling up as the heat was sucked from the air itself and in the middle of it, Inmortos descended. The sole watchman began to shiver beneath her plate as she adjusted her sensors to attempt to see through the growing fog. It was just an anomaly of this world, so why did she feel such a sense of growing fear as her fingers began to succumb to the cold. It was as if, as if there was something, someone, out there . . .

“Can you feel it?” A voice whispered from the fog.

The Mandalorian guardian whipped about her shivering hand dropping to the blaster at her side. There was nobody there. Nothing. “Whose there?” She demanded. “Show yourself!”

A frigid laughter echoed in the fog, “But I have; or have you forgotten me already, my faithful worshipper.”

The warrior pulled her holster from her holster and spun around. She tried to call for backup, but the comm buzzed dead in her ear. The cold seemed to leech the life from her gear. “I do not know you, but I warn you, we are not to be trifled with. Identify yourself!!” She spun about as her visor began to ice over.

“Do you not remember me? Can you not feel it in your bones?” Inmortos feigned offense as his disembodied form coalesced within the fog into a amorphous  shape that mirrored his original form, pale blue and translucent. Inmortos blew a wind emanating from his ghostly lips. It blew across the Mandalorian’s neck to raise goosebumps and draw her attention. 

Trying in vain to see, the warrioress nearly jumped as the icy breath caressed her. She tensed as the cold eeked its way beneath her armor to encircle her heart. Sighing in resignation, she ripped her helm from her head and let it fall, crunching upon the icy grass below. What she saw, took her breath away. Feet from her stood the pale shifting form of Inmortos. Without thinking, she pulled the trigger of her weapon time and time again. Nothing happened, the power of the blast packs drained in their entirety. That did not stop her though as years of training took their course. Fear, hesitation, even the cold, was all pushed to the back of her mind as she grasped the knife she kept strapped beneath her arm and pulled it free. In the same fluid motion, she lunged for the spirit intent on impaling him upon her blade.

The Mandalorian stumbled, the spirit of Inmortos dissipating on an unseen wind. With her knife hanging loosely in her hand, the blonde stared up into the cold fog that enveloped her. “Who are you?” She whispered as tears began to well in her eyes and freeze upon her face.

”I am they that dwell beyond The Veil,” the voice whispered in her left ear as the woman turned to look. “I am the Scorekeeper,” he hissed in her right as she spun around searching. “Some know me as Drol” the voice woo’d from behind. “Others call me Krath incarnate,” the voice chortled as it began to whirl about, dizzying the girl. “The Mistress, Andeddu, Father of Shadows, Byllaya, and many more. I am known to all who trod the mortal coil; but to you,” the voice chilled the air as the fog swirled in a vortex about the Mandalorian warrioress, before going silent.

Suddenly the face of Inmortos materialized before the Mandalorian’s. “I am Kad Ha’rangir!” He snarled, eliciting a frightened scream from the woman before charging forward upon her face and snaking into her open mouth where he vanished.

The body of the woman went stiff and fell backward, landing with a crackling thump upon the frozen ground. Suddenly the fog began to disappear, whisked away on the warm evening breeze leaving no sign but the seemingly lifeless body of the Mandalorian watchman, her helmet and blaster lying a short distance away in the cold wet grass.

• Like 2

INmortal.png.21510619089900f7b766da6301ba2b37.png

On 10/29/2022 at 3:15 PM, Atrid Torsen said:

Darth Calypso's question takes him by surprise, whatever he was expecting from her for training this certainly wasn't on the list. Was it a trick, a test? Best to answer honestly she may be able to tell if I'm lying he things to himself. "My passion Lady Calypso is to bring glory, and honor back to my people. The people who gave name to this order, to bring us back to our former power and strength. To honor and be worthy of my ancestors! And above all my passion is for power and strength to be the strongest to be the best, and so I must first learn from them!"

She arched an eyebrow before turning away, facing back out into the wastes they were walking deeper into.

"You speak with conviction. That is commendable, else I would have no use for you. That would be a waste" Her tone, while light, betrayed a cold, callous quality. "Your words are those of a servant. You talk about honor, about the past glories, and about being worthy to bear your ancestors' legacy. You humble yourself before corpses, Fiochmar." She held up a hand to forestall any response. "I'm not criticizing you." She still did not look back.

"Passion must begin somewhere. When I first began, I dreamt of bringing justice to those who denied it and to those who deserved it, like a child would. That passion empowered me, and drove me to the very edge of my limits." She shook her head, a flicker of amusement crawling into her voice, before becoming serious again. "But time, suffering, and power all conspired to strip away those lies, no matter how gratifying I found them. And as that chain broke, my limits did as well. If you pursue this path Apprentice, you will find yourself changed as well. Your humility will snap like a rusted chain under the weight of your growing power. If you truly wish to take my place one day, and claim title of strongest, then your legacy will need to outstrip that of your ancestors'." Now she did turn to look back at the Sith apprentice. "You are a god ascending Fiochmar, never forget that. If you wish to stand above all others, then you will need to cast all others beneath your feet, even those who helped you rise in the first place." The pale lady in the tattered dress smiled then. "Just remember to respect me to my face until you are ready to kill me. Or I may find you to be a waste yet."

"Ah, we are here."

Here was just more wasteland. Nothing stood out to distinguish it. They could not have gone far from the pyramid in the short time they walked, but the structure they had come from was now completely obscured by the blowing snow that surrounded them.

"We have discussed your passion then. Next is your strength. As it appears we still have some time before the main test, we can do this properly." She made a small gesture, and the ground shook as a crude pillar of stone rose out of the ground 4 meters away, called up by Calypso's power. The rock cracked and shrieked in protest as it scraped its way free, but it came up all the same. When it was almost of a height with Calypso's waist, it stopped. She walked over to it, lifted herself up, and sat down on top of it.

She held up a hand, palm down, fingers splayed and pointed towards Fiochmar.

"Do you have the strength to touch my hand apprentice?"

Without another warning, lightning lanced out of her outstretched hand. It was not a quick burst, but a constant stream made possible by Calypso's seemingly infinite wellspring of power. It was not powerful enough to kill though. Well, at least not right away. The pain however would be absolutely exquisite, and the muscle spasms would not do the Tsis any favors in his task.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Darth Calypso said:

She arched an eyebrow before turning away, facing back out into the wastes they were walking deeper into.

"You speak with conviction. That is commendable, else I would have no use for you. That would be a waste" Her tone, while light, betrayed a cold, callous quality. "Your words are those of a servant. You talk about honor, about the past glories, and about being worthy to bear your ancestors' legacy. You humble yourself before corpses, Fiochmar." She held up a hand to forestall any response. "I'm not criticizing you." She still did not look back.

"Passion must begin somewhere. When I first began, I dreamt of bringing justice to those who denied it and to those who deserved it, like a child would. That passion empowered me, and drove me to the very edge of my limits." She shook her head, a flicker of amusement crawling into her voice, before becoming serious again. "But time, suffering, and power all conspired to strip away those lies, no matter how gratifying I found them. And as that chain broke, my limits did as well. If you pursue this path Apprentice, you will find yourself changed as well. Your humility will snap like a rusted chain under the weight of your growing power. If you truly wish to take my place one day, and claim title of strongest, then your legacy will need to outstrip that of your ancestors'." Now she did turn to look back at the Sith apprentice. "You are a god ascending Fiochmar, never forget that. If you wish to stand above all others, then you will need to cast all others beneath your feet, even those who helped you rise in the first place." The pale lady in the tattered dress smiled then. "Just remember to respect me to my face until you are ready to kill me. Or I may find you to be a waste yet."

"Ah, we are here."

Here was just more wasteland. Nothing stood out to distinguish it. They could not have gone far from the pyramid in the short time they walked, but the structure they had come from was now completely obscured by the blowing snow that surrounded them.

"We have discussed your passion then. Next is your strength. As it appears we still have some time before the main test, we can do this properly." She made a small gesture, and the ground shook as a crude pillar of stone rose out of the ground 4 meters away, called up by Calypso's power. The rock cracked and shrieked in protest as it scraped its way free, but it came up all the same. When it was almost of a height with Calypso's waist, it stopped. She walked over to it, lifted herself up, and sat down on top of it.

She held up a hand, palm down, fingers splayed and pointed towards Fiochmar.

"Do you have the strength to touch my hand apprentice?"

Without another warning, lightning lanced out of her outstretched hand. It was not a quick burst, but a constant stream made possible by Calypso's seemingly infinite wellspring of power. It was not powerful enough to kill though. Well, at least not right away. The pain however would be absolutely exquisite, and the muscle spasms would not do the Tsis any favors in his task.

Fiochmar grins and shakes his head with a laugh. "Ah it's not merely the past glories, and honor. Yes I wish to bring that honor and glory back to the Tsis people. But I wish to surpass the rest of them! I want to be stronger, and faster, and More powerful than all the others before me!" Looking around the wasteland before them his eyes casting around the area trying to figure things out.

"Yes My Lady, you have my respect and admiration, but I don't plan to stay stagnant or Dormant, I will Rise I will be more powerful....No the Most Powerful One Day. Yes yes thats right the Most Powerful Sith in the Galaxy!" Its then that the earth starts rumbling and that pillar starts to rise, Fiochmar's eyes go wide in disbelief. But that disbelief rapidly turns to a smile and a look of awe and amazement. "Wait what? What's goin on? You want me to... Oh yes this should be fun, a test of my strength. But yes of course M'Lady I'll always respect you to your face and all that's a given." Watching Darth Calypso climb up the pillar and sit there his brow raises and quirks curiously. Her hand outstretching towards Fioch and he looks up at it his eyes go wide as the lightning starts.

Grinning he does leap and try and touch that hand the lightning striking him causes him to growl and scream out in pain, falling to the ground. Grumbling and slowly getting to his feet he looks at the Dark Lady's hand again and smiles. "I am strong enough...I will do this....I can and will touch your hand!" He snarls reaching up again this time though he reaches out with the force too trying to wrap his arm in a shield. Fiochmar grits his teeth in pain and agony keeping any scream inside now and turning that pain and anger into fuel for his task completion. Finally he takes another deep breath and his muscles spasming from the intensity of the lightning his breathing labored but, Fioch does grab Calypso's hand. Though how long he can hold on is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

draft4.png

On 11/2/2022 at 2:01 PM, Atrid Torsen said:

Finally he takes another deep breath and his muscles spasming from the intensity of the lightning his breathing labored but, Fioch does grab Calypso's hand. Though how long he can hold on is anyone's guess.

The lightning stopped as Calypso closed her hand. Her yellow eyes bore into the Tsis in front of her, considering him as a cat considered a beetle. Then she stood.

"You have strength Fiochmar." She dropped from the low pillar, standing in the gathering snow. "Pride as well. Be careful of that. Still, excellent job."

She turned, and stared off into the whirling snow. Her eyes narrowed, as if she had spotted something in the curtain of white.

Without looking away, she continued speaking. "Passion. Strength. We are nearly ready for your final test. I suspect you've already guessed that it will be one of power, and you'd be right. But not in the way you might think." She broke her gaze away from whatever in the blowing snow had caught her attention, and looked back to Fiochmar. "The true measure of a Sith is not power. I can understand why you might think otherwise, but I'll explain." She gestured with a hand, and the pillar she'd been sitting on began to rise once more. After a moment, it broke free from the ground with a resounding crack, and hovered in the air. It was almost of a height with Calypso, and just as wide, a solid piece of stone. "A Sith is not mere tricks. Their greatness doesn't come from how skilled they are with a lightsaber, or what spells they know, or the armies and fleets assembled under their command." She flicked her finger, and the levitating pillar began a slow orbit around the pair of Sith. "When I fought and killed my master, he was more skilled than me. Truth be told, it was not even close. He had greater command of the Force, and his skills with a lightsaber far eclipsed mine. And yet I was the one who walked away alive. How?" She gestured with her hand again, and the pillar stopped its slow trek around the pair, hovering once more in the air, this time in the direction Calypso had been looking earlier. "The true measure of a Sith, Fiochmar, is not our power. It is our potential." She emphasized the word, giving it more weight than anything she'd said up till now. "The Code of the Sith is a simple concept in the end. It's nothing more than a formula. And yet it has terrified the galaxy for thousands of years, because it proves a truth that the Jedi, the Republic, the Alliance, and all the others like them don't want to believe.

The truth that we, the Sith, have no limits.

Through passion, strength. Through strength, power. Through power, victory. And through victory, freedom. From this simple mantra, we find infinite potential. There is no rival we cannot surpass, no height we cannot reach, and no obstacle we cannot overcome. The only thing that can hold us back are ourselves, and the lies we choose to believe. You want to know how I beat my master? He was a coward who was content with the power he had already attained. I defeated him because I grew to surpass him during the fight itself. A true Sith is one with the ability to seize their potential and grow. So, that will be your test."

She gestured with her hand again, and the stone pillar shot out into the swirling snow. Then, a dull thud was heard, barely audible above the hissing wind.

It was followed a moment later by a roar, guttural and full of rage.

A soft thump...thump...thump, could barely be heard, but steadily grew louder.

"If you think your current skills are enough to pass this test, I'm afraid you may not survive it." She smiled, a wicked glint in her eyes. "Seize your potential Fiochmar, and you will prove yourself worthy." She turned away, and began walking back towards the pyramid, leaving her would-be apprentice behind. "Find me if you don't die."

As she disappeared behind a fresh gust of snow, a dark, looming shape emerged from the direction of the roar.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Terentatek/Legends

The side of the terentatek's head was bleeding slightly, where the stone pillar had struck it as it wandered through the snow. Now its rage was well and truly up, and its beady eyes landed on Fiochmar.

With a screeching howl, the monster charged.

• Like 1

After what could have been hours, minutes, or even days, the woman slowly sat up. Her head was pounding. Even as she sat up, she leaned forward grasping the sides of her skull In pain. Her body hurt. It ached. Everywhere. Yet still, she felt something else. Something seemed to gnaw at the back of her mind, just out of conscious grasp. She could not seem to put her mind on it. As much as she tried, it eluded her, but each time she tried to grasp it it surged with power. The Mandalorian woman’s nerves tingled. She hurt, but she felt so so alive.

She sat until she felt the power to move. Picking herself up, the warrioress turned to stare at the ship she had been guarding before looking out to the vast uncharted wilds of this dark planet. Something called to her. Moreover something within her urged her forward away from the ship, out into the wild. A surge of dark invisible power beyond the horizon called to her. Each time the force was darkened by the unseen displays of @Darth Calypso, it drew the woman’s thoughts to the foreign darkness that grew at the base of her skull. And each time she was drawn to it, power surged in her veins and her eyes wluld flash a glowing Sith-yellow for a moment. “Kad Ha’rangir,” she whispered; the name forming on her lips as if out of nowhere. She smiled, the memory coming back in pieces. She could taste her own fear, metallic and foul in her mouth.

With jolted steps, she walked forward. A lopsided smile playing across her fractured teeth and face. She stooped to scoop up her fallen helm, leaving her sidearm where it was. Then, without stopping, as if dazed walked straight out into the wilderness toward the draw of dark power.

Into the trees, an untouched forest, the Mandalorian wandered. Every step, the dark presence of Inmortos took ahold. She welcomed it, to become the avatar of her god of destruction, of that which represented so much more. Inmortos’ spirit flooded the woman’s unconsciousness, their minds entangling together, symbiote and host, master and servant, mortal and eternal. As they moved into the wilderness, the transformation continued until it was all but complete.

When he emerged from the forest, it was to the cry of a great beast as it charged the singular form of @Atrid Torsen. Leaning against a tree, the woman held her T-visored helmet beneath her arm to watch. The force swirled in the area as if it were a living beast itself writhing in turmoil. The hostess of Inmortos smiled as icy cold seemed to radiate from her very subconscious soul.

On 11/6/2022 at 1:59 AM, Darth Calypso said:

The side of the terentatek's head was bleeding slightly, where the stone pillar had struck it as it wandered through the snow. Now its rage was well and truly up, and its beady eyes landed on Fiochmar.

With a screeching howl, the monster charged.

Watching listening and following along Fioch maintains his composure as he watches and looking out in the direction Calypso's gaze seems to have gone. Hearing the thumping and the crashing after watching the pillar be thrown his fear rises adrenaline starts pumping his heart he can hear clearly loudly and resounding in his head.

Then Calypso is leaving and his jaw hits the ground. "You're leaving me hear like this, with this beast coming!? Well ok then....looks like I'm gonna have to make my way again." The Tsis states as he steels his resolve. That screeching howl causes him to smirk drawing hid vibrosword and vibroaxe. Grinning wildly from ear to ear as an old familiar rush came over him. It was the thrill of the hunt, in particular hunting something that was big enough to eat you.

"I will not fail you my new Mistress, I will not fail myself!"  Fiochmar growls charging in concentrating using all his skill and knowledge to use the force to increase his speed and strength to give him power to take down this mighty foe. Remembering an earlier lesson from his former master he chose not to leap at the Terentatek. But rather he would slide underneath and between it's legs lashing out with the vibrosword and vibroaxe at it's ankles.

Once through and making those slashes at the beast he'll leap into the air and try to climb the beasts back. As he starts his climb he starts reaching out with the force in an attempt to force the beast to submit. To force it to recognize Fioch as the alpha male and apex hunter here. If his attempts fail than he still has his blades. Fioch is straining as hard as he can sweating even with the effort yes he was stretching out further than ever before. Pushing passed the limits he'd known he had and the Tsis was pushing further for more.

• Like 1

draft4.png

As the two Sith passed by each other along the corridor, Akheron gestured for Dictum to join him on the command deck and bridge. He figured seeing the planet he no doubt felt, a planet born of Dark would be a welcome reprieve given he had spent the last several years locked up and denied such sights. ;)

He heard his words as they walked.

"It's seems I'm not the only one who has grown in power." Dictum spoke barely above a whisper as the two Sith's presences passed one another. "Thank your Archivist for what he was able to procure for me during my stay."

Akheron gave a slight smile from under the mask he had now placed back upon himself. He spoke himself in reply as they reached the bridge and both were welcomed by the sight of Ziost in its glory, meanwhile the Linnorms bowed their heads in respect, acknowledging Akheron's newfound title, authority and power as he entered before raising again as he took stock and gestured to Ziost as the ship arrived. Sending a signal to those patrolling the space around it, he let them know that the Fangs of Darkness had arrived from the Helvault, a successful endeavour.

"You are correct Lord Dictum. Lord Mavanger tested me and saw fit that I was ready to ascend. I have been named a Sith Master, empowered by the Dark and the Sith Empire to bring our enemies to heel. But enough about me, there are more important matters to attend to. Behold before us Ziost, Lord Dictum. Recently reborn of Darkness after years as nought but ruins and asteroid debris, where once it was nothing now it serves as a Sith sanctuary...a place we can hide and plan our revenge against the Jedi, the Imperial Knights, the rebels and any others who would defy us. I believe the challenger for the position of Dark Lord awaits below to seek our loyalty. If she is worthy of it. I believe this is likely what we felt on the way here, her calling to us. 

That said, shall we proceed to a shuttle. I believe it's time to see if she is worth the effort."

With that Akheron left the ship to his second command as he turned to exit, hoping Dictum was following. Soon enough and he was in a hangar, standing inside the shuttle with a small contingent of his most loyal Linnorms. They waited for Dictum to enter if he chose to before they would depart for the surface. 

Edited by Karys Narat iv-Adas
  • Like 1

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

As the ship broke out of hyperspace over the Ziost, Solus’ chassis powered back on. The trip took enough time that Solus was able to mediate and recharge, something he had not realized he missed doing since before the Hellvault. 

“Ah, what a glorious sight to see!” Solus exclaimed as rotated all of his joints, making sure nothing got rusted shut. “Truly a beautiful sight to any glorious Sith, yes? Yes yes."

“Although…” Solus leaned forward in his pilot’s chair and adjusted his visual sensors as he got a better look. “It would be a worthy place for a Sith to build a throne. And I did swear to have a planet of my own, did I not?”

Solus tapped his metal appendages on the seat in thought for a moment before raising his hands above his head. 

“Bah, too obvious and too much hassle. I’d have to be emperor first, and no one wants that trouble right now. Leave that to whoever wants it, I’d rather have a jewel someplace more… populant. Is that the right word, populant? Eh, who cares…”

Solus looked at the ships sensors and squealed slightly in delight. “Oh, it seems the Linnorms are already here. How delightful, they can take care of the bodies. And my master will get to see the fruits of my labor.”

At this, Solus began the process of land the ship. Finding a landing zone was surprisingly difficult. It seemed the planet wasn’t fully colonized, at least according to his ship’s sensors, and the scanners were showing unstable terrain in numerous locations. Only after a while did Solus decide on a landing location. 

“That temple looks fresh enough” Solus commented as the small vessel made its way through the atmosphere. The HWK-290 was a sturdy enough ship to handle the snowfall. Unfortunately, the Shard  did not have much experience with atmospheric conditions. Solus found out quickly that flying in space was easy compared to planetary conditions. In space the worse thing you had to worry about was other ships and solar storms. Winds, falling snow, air currents, all these things played a much bigger role than Solus first realized as he was forced to land the ship in a method anything but gently. The term other, more seasoned pilots would have called the landing was a ‘sliding stop’. 

“How in the Force did that Devaronian make it look so easy?” Solus wondered outloud as he stepped out from the slightly dented vessel. He looked over the damage briefly, concluding that it was still flyable. “Probably had some kind of secret droid helping her. Eh, oh well, happy landings all around. Now let's see, that temple was in…that direction, yes? Ah ha ha, i can sense it!”

Solus made his way through the falling snow, much like a child would: clomping forward, kicking the snow in front of himself. Given the short stature and inability to actually feel the cold, it wasn’t that sufferable, but it wasn’t enjoyable either. The custom valachord on his back did slow him down after all. 

However, the sound of combat made Solus pick up his pace. Racing forward, he was surprised to find a large beast fighting a Tsis. 

“Master? No no, too small…” Solus said outloud as he observed from a distance, adjusting his sensors to see the fight better. It took him a bit, but he slowly recognised the Tsis as the newest apprentice that was at Naboo. Solus nodded as he observed the fight. The pupil was growing, but where was his master? It was only then did he see the others. 

“Ah! Lady Calypso!” Solus shouted when he noticed the Sith Lord. Ignoring the fight, he made a dash forward, eager to see someone again who wasn’t trying to kill him. 

“Lady Calypso! It is so good to see you again!” Solus greeted the woman. “I must say, is that your temple? It radiates your…essence.”

Solus bowed slightly at the hip before the woman. “Surely you remember me, Solus the Ascended? The Abomination in your own words?”

• Like 1

solus.png.1650ac06c988997ee4153ec4d899dbe1.png

Dictum pivoted upon his toes and followed Akheron, listening to his words and learning of this Order his father and Master had strayed from. It was all new to him, the organization, the bonds, kinship in general. So, in hindsight, a look of perplextion wasn't entirely unwarranted. Growing stronger was all he had ever known, and to gain such, meant to overcome and slay those who hindered him. So Akheron's praise of this Mavanger left a disdained taste upon his tongue as he replied.

"Though I have always been a Sith, I am new to your Order." Dictum responded with a soft tone as the two entered the bridge, the blind Miralukian gaze unshifting as he spoke. "But it seems to me that your test was more a lesson, instruction to help you see what was already there, hindered by your own ignorance. The power and strength was already there, yet, you had yet to grasp it."

Turning his blind eyes upon Zoist, he embraced the tainted presence of the world before them, feeling its unnatural flow and basking in its terrible creation. For Dictum could not see its physical presence as the others could, but his understanding was the same. For Zoist was the Darkness incarnate, and it's presence in the Force pierced the blinded veil. He smirked. "I must confess, Lord Akheron. I never felt your lady's call."

"It's was your arrival and the regaining of my senses that brought me to your aid in the rescue of your comrade." Dictum confessed, his body moving his attention toward the newly risen Sith Master. "I spent nearly a year in that makeshift prison of the Republic, and I had grew tired of its oppression. Seeing the power your group displayed in unison caught my attention and my curiosity peaked about my own strength. I've been a blade for hire for far too long, and my own skills has been hindered greatly due to my nomadic life style. If I am to grow as a Sith, it was time I rejoined the Order my father abandoned."

Offering Akheron the lead as the two exited the bridge, Dictum fell back into silence as they traversed the halls and turbolifts until they once again came to hangars. Most of the way, Dictum spent time in his thoughts about his own growth, the complacency he had grown into over the last few years since he slew his Master for the rank of Sith Lord. But within this Order, such savagery and unnecessary barbarism was unwarranted and uncivilized. Why destroy when strength could be accumulated? Why indeed? 

Stepping aboard the shuttle, Dictum took his place among the masses. It was time to see this world of the Sith, and perhaps, learn his place amongst the kinship.

• Like 1

Dictum.jpg.0f5717fd74fdc4ee9bfc91ffc3fa3457.jpgDarth Dictum

"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allen Poe

On 11/8/2022 at 10:46 PM, Atrid Torsen said:

"I will not fail you my new Mistress, I will not fail myself!"  Fiochmar growls charging in concentrating using all his skill and knowledge to use the force to increase his speed and strength to give him power to take down this mighty foe. Remembering an earlier lesson from his former master he chose not to leap at the Terentatek. But rather he would slide underneath and between it's legs lashing out with the vibrosword and vibroaxe at it's ankles.

Once through and making those slashes at the beast he'll leap into the air and try to climb the beasts back. As he starts his climb he starts reaching out with the force in an attempt to force the beast to submit. To force it to recognize Fioch as the alpha male and apex hunter here. If his attempts fail than he still has his blades. Fioch is straining as hard as he can sweating even with the effort yes he was stretching out further than ever before. Pushing passed the limits he'd known he had and the Tsis was pushing further for more.

As Fiochmar passed beneath the creature, it swung its venomous tusks towards him, inches away from goring the Tsis. However, it missed as Fiochmar succeeded in his maneuver, vibroweapons biting into the creatures legs. Long cuts welled dark blood from its trunk-like legs, and the beast roared in pain now. However, the cuts were shallower than might be expected, and it wasn't hamstrung or crippled. Its hide was comparable to that of a rancor, and wouldn't cut easily. But it did distract it long enough for Fiochmar to climb on its back, weaving between its spines.

The terentatek halted as Fiochmar reached out and through his mind against its own. Its head shook back and forth, jaws snapping at the air as the power of the Force buffeted its thoughts and sought to overwhelm its aggression. For a moment, it seemed as if the creature might back down. In truth, it was an adolescent of its species, and not yet full size or as ferocious as its adult counterpart that had earned the nickname of "The Jedi Killer"

However, even young the creature would not be cowed so simply. A terentatek's corrupted hide and Dark Side infused mind were almost immune to the direct effects of the Force. Fiochmar's efforts, though fierce, found no solid purchase on the warped, unnatural beast. They did accomplish one thing however. Like a hound catching a scent, the terentatek sensed the power emanating from Fiochmar. The power of a Force-sensitive, its preferred prey. Where the beast had been enraged before, now that anger mixed with the instinctual need to kill and devour.

With another ear splitting scream, the beast displayed its own brutal cunning and fell backward, rolling on the snowy ground, trying to crush its potential meal beneath its bulk or skewer it with its spines.

On 11/10/2022 at 12:34 AM, Solus said:

“Ah! Lady Calypso!” Solus shouted when he noticed the Sith Lord. Ignoring the fight, he made a dash forward, eager to see someone again who wasn’t trying to kill him. 

“Lady Calypso! It is so good to see you again!” Solus greeted the woman. “I must say, is that your temple? It radiates your…essence.”

Solus bowed slightly at the hip before the woman. “Surely you remember me, Solus the Ascended? The Abomination in your own words?”

Calypso looked at the thing that approached her. Its outer form was one she recognized from Coruscant, but in the sight of the Force it had changed. Its power still radiated outwards, but strands of something else clung to it like...cobwebs?

She stopped walking. The ground for hundreds of feet vibrated almost imperceptibly as the Force shifted to her rising emotions like tides to a moon. It had been some time since something had presented such an alluring threat to her. This was not raw, simple power, but something far more insidious. It was new to her, and the place in her mind where instinct blended with the unknowable depths of the Dark Side told her that this clinging essence posed an actual danger. That alone kindled her excitement, and she was tempted to tear Solus apart piece-by-piece and see what would happen.

Hairline cracks radiated through the stone around her, hidden from view by the snow. A knot of whirling Force currents coiled around her as her instinct to fight was stirred. She wanted to see if this power could challenge her. She wanted to see if it could hurt her.

Then she exhaled, and let the emotions die. This was not the time.

"Yes," she finally replied, no hint of her brief contemplation of the shard's death in her tone. "I do remember. It would seem you have grown since I last saw you." She resumed walking. "So what are you now?" The innocent question hinted at a deeper meaning, but she added nothing else.

• Like 2

Though he tried not to show it, Solus felt the waves of power flowing off of calypso, directed towards him. The winds of here on Ziost paled in comparison to the winds that Calypso generated in the Impossible geometries. It was like an inverting polytope in the impossible Geometries, rounding its edges to become more impossible. Mystical, and deadly.

But try as he might, Solus did show that he felt the power that was almost directed towards him. An instinctual flinch, with the chassis pausing momentarily to bring its hands up in a mock surrender.  Solus was finding that his best defense was pretending to be harmless. 

“Still an abomination, Lady Calypso, but a contained one for the most part.” Solus started. He lowered his arms and adjusted his sensors again to account for the distance he had covered to approach the Sith Lady. 

“But a little more if you must know. A sojourner of the realms of Madness. An explorer in the unknown darkness. Why, I am now a surveyor of the furthest edges of reality But more than that, a servant to the Empress, like the Temple of the Spider offers.”

With this, Solus pulled a small datapad from his side and presented it to the lady. “I have been tasked by the Temple to present their location and transmitter code to the, and I quote, ‘Ruler of the Sith, and only the Ruler of the Sith’.  And your beacon of power, which has only grown since Corescant my fair lady, is mounting proof.” 

Solus stopped and adjusted his sensors again, looking towards the treeline. “Oooh, I see more beings approaching! Could my master be here finally? No no, I see the glint of metal. Ah, another lady I see!  

Having pointed out the individual @Krath Inmortos, Solus faced Lady Calypso and bowed again. “I follow your steps for now my lady.Or do you need someone to keep track of your apprentice?” 

• Like 2

Akheron listened as Dictum spoke his thoughts, even going so far as to elaborate on his reasons for joining them. He found it intriguing.

"You are correct Lord Dictum. I thought it to be a test initially and in a sense it was, a test of devotion to the Sith philosophy, this was the test I was given, and indeed there were many revelations made, lessons soon to be applied to my wayward apprentice. As to yourself, I see. I too have for some time been something of a nomad, that was until about five years ago when I returned to the Order after I undertook The Hunt. That is a special mind state among Sith Warriors like myself whereby we abandon all the madness of society and civility, devoid of any higher reasoning to run amock...unleashed as a apex predator. It is considered to be a 'meditation in motion' that is cathartic and I agree. It allowed me as is it's intent, to enter a mind state whereby I was reconnected with the more primal aspects of the Dark. You could say it was this that led me to Clan Brasganu. For they are in essence a nomadic fleet, albeit one made from Sith and those devoted to our philosophy. 

One on The Hunt can be lost for hours, days, months or even years at a time. Caught up in the flow of the Dark and trying to control the monster they become during it. For me it was for five years after my rebirth up until Clan Brasganu found me. For I died during a much earlier conflict...but it seems the Dark was not done with me. But that is a tale for another time. If it is growth you desire and to reach your potential among the Order, I am happy to assist if you wish in that regard in whatever capacity you need in way of certain abilities perhaps. As you saw, unified strength has it's advantages...even if we don't agree we are united in our philosophy. Regardless it looks like our last guest has arrived and the time for departure has come."

Akheron noted towards Nok, who approached silently and entered the craft on his new walking throne. Following behind, Akheron entered alongside several Linnorms, he motioned Dictum to join him. Once all were aboard, the pilot ascended leaving the hangar and departed for the surface. Akheron admired the planet as they descended, feeling the Darkness emanating and feeding upon it as they neared the newly constructed temple. Once close enough, the pilot landed and allowed the passengers to disembark. The Linnorms exited first, ensuring the way was secure before Lord Akheron, Master of the Darkness and Lord of Wrath and Rage followed. 

As he exited, he looked about for his apprentice but could not yet see him. However a quick probe and he found him nearby. Heading towards the direction he felt him and several others, including the up and coming Dark Lady challenger, Lord Akheron soon saw his apprentice physically.

He could feel the change, that the visit to the source of his unique problem had perhaps been solved. He would soon find put, but first there were more pressing concerns.

He spoke, enquiring briefly while they waited. He saw Fiochmar, recalling the young Tsis and upcoming Sith Warrior, a apprentice to Lord Mavanger he remembered...battling a Taratatek. He looked with interest, even as he spoke to his apprentice and the Dark Lady. He briefly looked towards the Mandalorian woman, something about her, and her presence in the Force. The Darkness, was very familiar. Like he recognised her. And then he knew why, he felt the presence of Krath Inmortos, it seemed he had found a new shell.

"Greetings my apprentice. I take it your trip was beneficial...how beneficial we shall soon see. For we have much to discuss you and I...there are revelations that have been made which I must impart to you. Or you shall never reach your potential. After the Dark Lady Calypso has spoken we shall begin, for I felt her call even on the Helvault, calling us here. As you can see my apprentice, during my absence I have also undergone a transformation of sorts. For I am a Sith Lord no longer my apprentice, but have been recognised by both the Order in Lord Mavanger, who saw fit to name me and in the Darkness. Which has empowered me further when it to took notice...further than I thought possible. For I have been recognised as a Master of the Darkness my apprentice. Given the resources and will to serve the Dark Lady and crush our enemies."

Turning to Darth Calypso, the new Dark Lady, he spoke, issuing a bow of respect before he did.

"I am at your disposal my Dark Queen, if you'll have me I will be your iron fist and bring your enemies to heel. My loyalty is to the Sith and our philosophy."

• Like 1

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

There was wisdom in Lord Akheron's words, as dark as they were, and it settled Dictum's thoughts as the shuttle made its departure. The Darkness was what it essentially was, a veil of shadows that hid the imperfections of the reality that surrounded them. But what laid within those very imperfections was that of an undeniable truth, a truth that was the root of the name that his Master laid upon him with his last words. Though the Darkness was unknown and scary, a primitive fear that lingered in the subconscious of every sentient, it harbored things unrevealed to the naked eye. And that, in essence, was Dictum. For Dictum could see what others could not.

And in that Darkness, Dictum found not only his resolve, but his peace. While he was blinded upon Helvault, he found a sense of solace in his blindness and a newfound strength that preserved his sanity. And what most hid in the Darkness away from the light, Dictum accepted in kinship. This was the essence of his time as a Sith. Rising from his seat as the shuttle, Dictum made his first steps upon the blanketed world, the voided steps upon the snow leaving little trace of his presence. And as we welcomed the Darkness that swirled about him, it welcomed him in return.

At first, Dictum thought it was the howling of the wind that swept across the plateau. But as it grew closer, it's moan was deafening as it clung to his presence like the howling screams of the dead. In response, Dictum attempted to resist, but quickly found it futile. For his welcoming was at hand, and it's message wouldn't go unheard. Blood dripped from beneath his veiled sockets, and his strength suddenly sapped from his form as he felt the weight of the planet shove him to his knees, unable to even lift his arms. This realm of Madness had a gift to the returning Sith Lord and a message only for his mind to understand. And in the background, a hefty laugh.

Like upon Helvault, his sight abandoned him. And the more he struggled, the heavier his form grew until the point that his consciousness nearly left his mind. And in its place, a vision was given, a future that only his mind could comprehend. It was an endless cycle of death of destruction that seemed to span eternally, a solemn truth of power and purpose. And it was his doing that brought this upon the Galaxy, a crack in the veil of madness and reality that slivered into his psyche. He would be Zoist's harbinger, to return that which had been given tenfold. And in this act, realize the truth of life. For in life, death was the only outcome.

Moments passed and Dictum felt his strength return and his form lift. Sound returned, and he was able to stand. Dusting the white snow from his robes, Dictum followed the others in silence, as he made sense of what he had seen. He had heard of the Darkness granting such things before, but he had long thought it the madness machinations of the individuals rather than the Force. Now, he knew differently and the revelation was profounding. 

• Like 2

"The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allen Poe

Even as the group slowly merged around the Sith, Tros and his Mandalorians kept silent as the calling he felt slowly became clear to the new Mand'alor. The Sith must have made a call somehow and he felt it. He didn't feel a need to make his own presence known or to even speak up, as it just wasn't the place. Unlike the last time he gathered around Sith, where war was upon them and his House was going to be a front line... this was not the case this time. He was simply responding to a call he had felt. But looking around, he didn't recognize some of those gathered, except a few here and there. Even as he found a spot to stand out of the way, he observed, as did the Zealot's who came along with him. His HUD lit up with a message from Kot'dral. :: Are you going to have to prove yourself again to yet another Sith leader? :: The message was something that had already crossed his mind.

Allowing for his own HUD to scan the area and the Sith gathered before responding, he did take notice of a few Sith who may hold some issues with him based upon the last time he was around. :: No- we have nothing to prove. I'm not even sure if this gathering is meant for us. Just observe for now... :: He then looked over at one of the Zealots that he did not know very well, female by the looks of them, fully walking around and interacting with the Sith. :: Make sure that everyone knows to hold back Kot'dral. :: He then returned to attempting to find the new and currant leader of the Sith...

• Like 1

My-Almas-Way-Creation (1).png

On 11/14/2022 at 1:40 AM, Darth Calypso said:
On 11/8/2022 at 10:46 PM, Atrid Torsen said:

As Fiochmar passed beneath the creature, it swung its venomous tusks towards him, inches away from goring the Tsis. However, it missed as Fiochmar succeeded in his maneuver, vibroweapons biting into the creatures legs. Long cuts welled dark blood from its trunk-like legs, and the beast roared in pain now. However, the cuts were shallower than might be expected, and it wasn't hamstrung or crippled. Its hide was comparable to that of a rancor, and wouldn't cut easily. But it did distract it long enough for Fiochmar to climb on its back, weaving between its spines.

The terentatek halted as Fiochmar reached out and through his mind against its own. Its head shook back and forth, jaws snapping at the air as the power of the Force buffeted its thoughts and sought to overwhelm its aggression. For a moment, it seemed as if the creature might back down. In truth, it was an adolescent of its species, and not yet full size or as ferocious as its adult counterpart that had earned the nickname of "The Jedi Killer"

However, even young the creature would not be cowed so simply. A terentatek's corrupted hide and Dark Side infused mind were almost immune to the direct effects of the Force. Fiochmar's efforts, though fierce, found no solid purchase on the warped, unnatural beast. They did accomplish one thing however. Like a hound catching a scent, the terentatek sensed the power emanating from Fiochmar. The power of a Force-sensitive, its preferred prey. Where the beast had been enraged before, now that anger mixed with the instinctual need to kill and devour.

With another ear splitting scream, the beast displayed its own brutal cunning and fell backward, rolling on the snowy ground, trying to crush its potential meal beneath its bulk or skewer it with its spines.

Fiochmar laughs almost maniacally the whole time. He seems as though he's having a blast a right good time of his life. The beast not falling to his mind games well that wasn't unexpected. What was however was the level of the beasts intellect and cunning. The beast not slowing and still trying to smash Fioch into jelly or jam or perhaps even paste has him grinning ear to ear.

"Is this all ya got ya beastie? Just this, nothing more, I must say I'm rather disappointed and unimpressed." The Tsis starts stabbing hacking and slashing at anything and everything he can get to. Noticing the Terentatek is now trying to squish or skewer him into a Tsis kabob of the Fiochmar flavor has the young male rolling and diving and doing his best to avoid the humiliation of death to this beast  and to make matters worse it's his home world. No he won't be beaten here he'll take it back help reclaim and rebuild it.

With  a sudden and overwhelming sense of self he uses his anger, his hatred, his pride and his desire to take down this beast to fuel his power and amplify his muscles and produce more adrenaline. Finding the weakest point he can Fioch thrusts his vibrosword forward and tries to find purchase in some of the Terentatek's hide all the while amping up his own threshold and pushing out with the force doing his best to make this beast fear him and cower before him, The beast will do his bidding.

"You will bow before me great and worthy warrior beast for of you do not I will kill you skin you, eat you and use you for you!"

• Like 1

draft4.png

Bernon Mrrgwharr traveled on the old T-4a Lambda Class Shuttle, owned by a publicly available travel company. He had heard, no, felt the call of the Sith to this place. He was eager, excited, afraid, and grateful at the same time, as this was his chance to join the great Sith and become one of their warriors. He was afraid rightly so because of the Siths' reputation as violent, horrifying people, but he knew he must become one to reach his full potential.

As the shuttle descended on the ruined world, he could feel it, the heat of the darkness, both from the planet itself and the many Sith who currently resided there, many of which had awesome power. It was a lot for the mind so it was newly open to the Force. The weight of his Repeating Blaster Rifle and Heavy Combat Armor felt almost as if it was barely there, since he was strong and highly used to wielding and wearing these items.

When the shuttle finally landed, Bern stood up, turned on his heel, and as the ramp came down, marched out of the shuttle. Once at a safe distance away from the shuttle, the Lambda pilot lifted the ramp, and took off away from the dark world of Ziost. The first powerful looking Sith he saw was @Krath Inmortos, and he slowly walked that way, once he was behind him, he kneeled before the mighty Sith.

When he spoke, he said "Mighty one of the Sith, I have felt the call to this land, and came accordingly. I wish to join the great Sith." He looked back up at Krath Inmortos, and smiled slightly, as he stayed kneeling before the master of the Dark.

• Like 2

Bernon.jpg

From where she stood beside the tree wartching @Atrid Torsen trying simultaneously slay abd domesticate the monstrous abomination @Darth Calypso had summoned, the approach of another, untamed and raw, caught her attention on an almost subconcious level. 

Inmortos, the spirit that now cohabitated and, frankly, rules over the enslaved Mandalorian woman had felt it first; his powers saturating the woman’s form as they formed a parasitic symbiotic relationship. He bid her turn and they did to find a stranger adorned in armor kneeling, professing a desire to become not a Mandalorian as portrayed by their mortal outer vestments, but a Sith; a Sith like Fiochmar, the apprentice, who even now battled with the beast in the distance. There was not another Sith in sight.

The woman blinked slowly, her eyes flashing a momentary golden yellow glow, as the power of Inmortos took hold. The necromancer saw through her eyes, but not in the way a warrior sees. No, he stared down upon @Thought Bomb, through his armored trappings and mortal form. He stared upon the soul of the man, laid bare before him and he saw it. Not the weak pining of one unfit for anything but to die on the field of battle for a lord who cares nothing for his demise. No, he saw potential, raw power and emotion bellied upon the back of a warrior who sought refinement. Refinement, that perhaps he did not know would come not from the smelter’s fiery heat, but from the cold eternity of the cosmos as it twisted him into a weapon of death itself. Yes, someone like this Inmortos had use of.

And if he failed? Another body by which to convey his eternal presence to the galaxy.

The air grew frigid about the Sith and seeker, condensing fog from the thick air as it froze on anything within their aura. A subtle side effect of the profane practitioners daliance into the powers of stillness, death frozen in time eternal. 

Reaching out an armored hand, the woman’s voice spoke firmly, as one warrior to another, “You were right to have come to me. Any lesser Sith would not have seen your potential and cast you upon a bunk with the other rabble.” Except her voice had a frigid icy tone, as if death itself hung on every word, unnatural and imprisoned within the confines of her fleshy tongue. “Rise and if you are fit, become the apprentice of the god king of death eternal.” And as they reached to take the hand of the seeker, the Mandalorian suddenly withdrew, leaving the warrior to stand himself as her arms buckled in pain and she clawed at her face. Across her brow, lumps began to well and pierce the skin, blue soul-bound ice erupting from within, from the mixing of untainted mortal and eternal damnation. The Crown of Desolation that bound Inmortos’ soul across the cosmos to his devestated and desolate homeworld, his font of power itself, the icy Throne of Inmortod. The mortal woman’s eyes rolled back in her head as she screamed, blood running down her cheeks from the furrows carved by her nails and oozing, mingling woth the ichor produced by the crown itself.

”I am Inmortose,” the voice came from the woman’s maw, deep and otherworldly, reverberating with contained power and damnation. “We will join the others as we pay homage to the new mistress of darkness; but to gaze upon they who are worthy you must first prove your own worthiness. A test.” The Mandalorian’s hand pointed into the distance. “My former apprentice, Nok Morliss, has taken my lightsaber and held it faithfully until

my return. Retrieve the blade from Lord Apothos and bring it to me as we gather with the others. If you can do this, you will be found worthy to become my acolyte abd learn to break free of your chains.” Slowly the hand lowered and the voice, faded back to the mortal tone of the Mandalorian her eyes having righted themselves, although they were now bloody and pinpointed. “But be warned, when asked what has become of Inmortos, do not tell them of who I am. Carry my saber as a sign of my blessing and damnation. I will reveal myself when the time is right.” Taking the T-visored Mandalorian helm beneath her other arm, they fit it over the crowned head, gingerly covering the crystalline tiarra of somidified soulfrost and gems of eternity.

Shooting a glance back at Mavanger’s apprentice as he battled the beast, the Mandalorian shrugged. There was no longer interest in the boy, for Inmortos had found himself an apprentice he hoped to deem worthy of his profane knowledge and power, a new tool to carry his eternal vision to fruition. Inmortos propelled the form of his newest vessel forward, away from Bernon. He had not yet bothered to learn his name. He had to prove himself first. But still, they paused and looked back at the newest Sith hopeful to call out a warning. “Should @Krath Apothos resist, remind him, but for I, he would still be languishing in that Republic prison for his failure to subdue the Jedi Grandmaster’s soul for me on Mon Cal.”

• Like 1

On 11/14/2022 at 3:19 AM, Solus said:

Having pointed out the individual @Krath Inmortos, Solus faced Lady Calypso and bowed again. “I follow your steps for now my lady. Or do you need someone to keep track of your apprentice?” 

Calypso gestured dismissively. "Leave him. He will follow or he won't."

A memory touched her mind, slipping in through the cracks. Blood on the permacrete. Sweat and stink in her nose. Burning in her throat. That's right, she remembered why. She'd thrown up after killing the man. He hadn't been doing anything but sleeping next to a heat exhaust, wrapped up in blankets. But she'd been cold, and she'd found a pipe.

Her face didn't change as the memory played out.

"Struggle makes us strong. He will earn this victory. If he's smart, he'll learn something from it."

On 11/14/2022 at 2:48 PM, Karys Narat iv-Adas said:

Turning to Darth Calypso, the new Dark Lady, he spoke, issuing a bow of respect before he did.

"I am at your disposal my Dark Queen, if you'll have me I will be your iron fist and bring your enemies to heel. My loyalty is to the Sith and our philosophy."

Calypso smiled, and her eyes glittered at some private joke. "We shall see, Darth Akheron. You may find yourself wishing to retract one of those statements before long." She turned her head to the sky, and stared through the blowing snow and into the currents of the Force itself. The twisting coils of darkness, aftershocks of the planet's rebirth, told her nothing. Right now, the future was uncertain. The Dark Side had a will, of that Calypso was sure. If her time delving and molding herself to be its vessel had taught her anything, it was that the Dark Side was as much master as servant. She understood why the Jedi felt such peace at the thought of giving in to that power, that plan, that will. They never realized their own contradictions. But right now, that dark will was clouded. It was waiting. Waiting to see what was about to happen. Its will would be done regardless, but by who? Calypso? Or someone else...

She breathed in, letting the cold air burn straight down to her lungs. It was almost time. Her hatred had waited for a thousand years for this chance. It would not wait much longer.

As her control slipped for that split second, her eyes flashed, and the air around her sparked blue-white with barely perceptible bolts of power.

No, she would not wait much longer.

And then the galaxy would scream.

On 11/16/2022 at 12:15 PM, Atrid Torsen said:

With  a sudden and overwhelming sense of self he uses his anger, his hatred, his pride and his desire to take down this beast to fuel his power and amplify his muscles and produce more adrenaline. Finding the weakest point he can Fioch thrusts his vibrosword forward and tries to find purchase in some of the Terentatek's hide all the while amping up his own threshold and pushing out with the force doing his best to make this beast fear him and cower before him, The beast will do his bidding.

"You will bow before me great and worthy warrior beast for of you do not I will kill you skin you, eat you and use you for you!"

Try as he might, the Terentatek's mind and hide were too resistant to direct application of the Force to be subject to domination. Now fully enraged, the power pressing against its mind only roused the monster's hunger even further. It was built to kill Force users. It was built to eat Force users. It would eat this one.

However, Fiochmar's vibrosword had better luck. With a sound like a handsaw tearing through old leather, the blade found just enough purchase in the armpit of the one of the creature's upraised arms. A gout of dark blood spattered across the snow before thickening into a miniature waterfall down its side.

Perhaps the creature understood its situation. Or perhaps it was just really karking mad. It screamed, louder than ever before. Then, with the ferocity of a cornered beast in its death throes, it threw itself at Fiochmar, talons sweeping through the snow, tusks swinging, teeth gnashing in a frenzy. There was no hesitation, no attempt at defense, just pure, hateful violence. It wanted Fiochmar dead, and it didn't care what cost it paid.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Darth Calypso said:

Try as he might, the Terentatek's mind and hide were too resistant to direct application of the Force to be subject to domination. Now fully enraged, the power pressing against its mind only roused the monster's hunger even further. It was built to kill Force users. It was built to eat Force users. It would eat this one.

However, Fiochmar's vibrosword had better luck. With a sound like a handsaw tearing through old leather, the blade found just enough purchase in the armpit of the one of the creature's upraised arms. A gout of dark blood spattered across the snow before thickening into a miniature waterfall down its side.

Perhaps the creature understood its situation. Or perhaps it was just really karking mad. It screamed, louder than ever before. Then, with the ferocity of a cornered beast in its death throes, it threw itself at Fiochmar, talons sweeping through the snow, tusks swinging, teeth gnashing in a frenzy. There was no hesitation, no attempt at defense, just pure, hateful violence. It wanted Fiochmar dead, and it didn't care what cost it paid.

Grinning and laughing the the thrill of the hunt the rush of adrenaline if he was as strong and as great a hunter as he thought himself this beast would be a challenge but he'd take it down and take a tooth claw and spine for a trophy.

"Kriffing stubborn beastie are ya? Resistant to the force. That's OK I'll take ya down with blades of steel instead!!" He snarls out with a roar of his own boosting his speed and agility he narrowly misses that clawed hand from catching him flush tossing himself forward and tucking into a roll though it's not without its own minor victory Fioch catches the tip of a claw across his shoulder blades. The gash has him bleeding a lot his leather, hide and fur clothing and armor torn and now soaking with his blood. The Tsis howls and screams out in pain that pain and anger amplifying his own powers.

"Yer dead now Beasty, I woulda let ya live but you had to slice me open! NOW YOU'VE KRIFFIN MADE ME ANGRY!!" Fiochmar snarls and shouts charging the beast again using his skills as a hunter to assess rapidly and find the weakest points in the beast once done he leaps at the Terentatek thrusting the vibrosword forward with his vibrosword and swinging down with a hacking slash with the vibroaxe a wicked and malicious grin on his face. He can sense victory so close he can taste it and savoring every last little bit as he watches himself to see if his blades find purchase with the weak points.

• Like 2

draft4.png

Upon the approach of Akheron, Solus first stared. Adjusting his sensors, he said nothing at first, his usual flair of dramatic honor replaced by an eerie silence and calculations as cold as the snow around him. For a moment in the Impossible Geometries, Solus himself seemed to shift slightly, his own shapes congealing and liquefying erratically. 

But after a pause, his nature seemed to return, covering over the silence with more, almost maniac, energy. 

“Ah! My great master, Lord of Rage, and Ender of Entrails, it is wonderful and inspiring, nay, invigorating to be in your presence again” 

At this, Solus did his usual exaggerated bow, arms outstretched like some dancer concluding a performance .

“Your presence befuddled me, for I did not sense it on the ground, though that is probably because of our fair lady here. But now that I see you, I do sense the growth in you. I’m sure the Fanged one himself smiles with this revelation, as I know he did with my discoveries. The Temple of the Spider is truly a most worthy discovery for us all.”

With this, Solus strode towards his master’s side, and upon seeing Dictum, stopped momentarily to speak

“Darth Dictum! So  good to see you again. Did you find what you were looking for in the library, blind one? Did you find sight of what you sought? I certainly have. I have found sights that would make all other sights meaningless.” 

After this, Solus then took a step behind his master, waiting to see what Lady Calypso would do next. He also kept glancing towards the armored woman, who had been approached by someone. Adjusting his sensors again and again for the distance and the snow, Solus couldn’t help but ponder silently. 

However, a chuckle escaped his vocoder as the Lady’s newest apprentice snarled over the howling winds. It seemed that all of his master’s species were inclined to rage. No wonder Korriban was such a place that it was. 

• Like 3

Akheron almost laughed beneath his mask as Solus decided to endear him with another new title. One unusual but amusing none the less. He too was certain that the Fanged God was smiling just as at the same time he would be very least jealous and envious of the knowledge and prospect of their discoveries, for mere beings he considered beneath him to have found such power on their own. Such was his way, encouraging growth while at the same time seeking all knowledge for himself.

Continuing to observe Fiochmar, or as near as far as he could from his current distance, Akheron looked as the beast struck at his shoulder blades and he snarled back in anger, shouting at the beast over the air, loud enough that even he heard it, hoping it would listen to his shouts of intimidation. Although he could not clearly see what happened, he heard it. Walking that direction, he hoped to get a closer look. 

Edited by Karys Narat iv-Adas
  • Like 1

Akheron.jpg

As Dictum stood there in silence, his mind running across what he had seen, he observed the ongoings and presentations that each arrival and onlooker gave. It was a sight he had rarely been a part of outside his life amongst the Luka Sene. For his training in the Darkness had been a solitary and confined life. And yet, here, he felt more involved than he had ever been. He felt more comradered.

"I did." Dictum replied to Solus, a smirk etched across his face as a chuckle escaped. As the vision replayed in his mind, he replied coyfully. "And so much more."

For the vision had been a metaphor, endless sights of worlds and stars dying, naturally and unnaturally, from beginning of time to time's end. The emotions that echoed in their wakes, despair, revenge, pain, heartbreak, and hopelessness. It was the epitome of whom he was destined to be. It was his gluttony. And he found himself hunger at the mere thought. Shifting his blind gaze around, he quickly surmised that this was the will of the Darkness. His arrival, here, the vision, here. It all pointed to this singular path. His vision shifted to Calypso. It led to her. And now was his time to present himself.

"I am Darth Dictum, Mi'Lady." He spoke in a coyful tone, his voice as dark as it was deep. With a stoop of his head, he bowed courteously. "I am the son of Darth Ragnar, grandson of Darth Fenrir." His tone shifted slightly, turning from coyful to cold. "Allow me to be your Harbinger."

It wasn't his words that held any weight. Nor was it his actions that spoke of his potential. But in his presence, behind the blood stained bandages that covered his lid less sockets that dripped blood down his cheeks and across his sly smirk, that his truth filled declaration rippled across the Force. If given the time and opportunity, newly within this Order he had came to lay within its bosom, he would become its harbinger, it's blackened blade amidst the Darkness' shadow, it's dagger of eternal night. He would become Death's Assassin.

• Like 1

Bernon Mrrgwharr did not wish to contemplate or even ask what was happening to the being of pure flawless darkness, if he made any reaction it could anger @Krath Inmortos. He stood at the command of his soon to be master, bowed his head, then thanked the Dark Lord. He turned on his heel and walked away towards @Krath Apothos. When he reached the other great Sith, he could feel the power emanating from him. Once again he knelt before the powerful one, and spoke "Greetings, Lord Apothos, the great Krath Inmortos requested me to retrieve his saber." 

He was grateful now that he knew he had come to the right Sith, that being Krath Inmortos. He had certainly not arrived here to serve in some expendable army. Soon he would become a truly powerful Sith, and one day he would become an unstoppable warrior of Sith might. He was certainly excited and eager, and he hoped that the Dark Lord Apothos would not resist or react negatively, because he was eager to become a true and official Sith Acolyte, and he wasn't exactly super patient when it came to matters such as this.

Edited by Thought Bomb
  • Like 2

Bernon.jpg

From outward appearances, Krath Apothos appeared to be a step from the grave. What had once been a vibrant, relatively healthy neimoidian body had been corrupted into a husk, seated atop a walking metal throne made of scavenged droid parts and held together with his mechu-deru. His skin, once supple and green, was now a sickly, taut gray. A chest that had once been lined with well-toned muscle was now emaciated and hunched. His eyes were covered in a red blindfold, and blackened veins branched out from underneath, lancing away from the empty sockets hidden by the cloth. Hands, arms, and legs curled into stiff appendages more resemblant of gnarled tree branches than a person's limbs. The small movements he made as his throne turned to face Bernon (@Thought Bomb) seemed difficult and painful to anyone paying close attention.

Yet nothing about the Krath betrayed true weakness. Instead, a subtle arrogance emanated from him, and his expression was blank as his sightless eyes turned to Bernon. The Sith's face twisted into a gruesome smile.

"Of course," he rasped. "I was expecting this. Though I'll admit, the fact that you still have your soul and body attached to one another is surprising, and a mark in your favor. I expected to deal with one of the necromancer's puppets. Instead, it would seem I have the privilege of dealing with one of his pets." The smile widened, and the skin at the edge of his mouth split into thin cracks. Flecks of dark blood oozed along the edges of what little lip the Krath still had. "Do not mistake me. That is a sign of potential, and a compliment. But remember, the necromancer cares for his own ambitions. You are a tool he will eventually dispose of, or...find a less fulfilling use for. When that happens, be sure to think of me. I at least try not to kill my tools, since I find less use in them dead than Inmortos does." Apothos waved his hand as if shooing a fly. "Ah, I'm rambling." He flicked the fingers on his right hand, and the hilt of a lightsaber floated out from beneath his robes until it hovered in front of Bernon, suspended on the threads of the Force and Apothos' will. "This is what you wanted, correct?"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

He listened closely to what @Krath Apothos had to say, and chose not to make any reaction, he didn't know if he was being heard by @Krath Inmortos. He realized that the information was useless currently, but that it would be very important to know sometime in the future, whenever his soon to be master finds no use of him. He nodded at the final words, then reached out and took the saber. He stood, bowed again, turned on his heel, and made his way back towards Darth Inmortos. He stood near, but not too close to the Sith Lord Inmortos. He remembered that he wasn't supposed to hand over the lightsaber until they gathered, so he kept it in his boot for now.

He was eager for the meeting to begin, to officially be declared an Acolyte of the Sith Order, he was patient though, for now anyways. He looked all around and found many Sith in the surrounding area. The Darkness was strong here, and it came not just from the planet, but from the others here, the Dark Lords; Lady Calypso, Krath Inmortos, Krath Apothos, all of them. He was excited to be one of them, and soon, very soon, he would be.

• Like 2

Bernon.jpg

As he was walking, Akheron stopped suddenly when he viewed the newcomer. Observing just what was happening...listening with his acute sense of hearing to make out what was said. Some of which piqued his interest, especially the fact that from what he was hearing, that Krath Inmortos wherever he was had chosen a new apprentice...or acolyte for now. Looking, but not being too conspicuous, the Sith Master walked until he was beside the Warrior. He could feel the potential, it was clear Inmortos had chosen well wherever he was. 

Bowing slightly in respect, he spoke. If he as suspected, it was likely they would need to become accustomed. For Akheron and Inmortos were equals albeit on different paths. 

"Forgive me for interrupting, but I couldn't help but overhear. You are to become Krath Inmortos apprentice? I commend you, it is no easy task to warrant his attention. Who might you be? I am Lord Akheron, Lord of Rage and Wrath, Master of the Dark and Sith Warrior. I am a associate of Krath Inmortos, so it's likely we will see a lot of each other. Krath Apothos speaks true, as with all Sith. Trust no-one among the Order even those you would consider a friend. For every Sith has their own agenda, you must always be on your guard. 

Another piece of advice I may offer, is be sure this is what you truly want. Do you truly understand the consequences of your decision, of your choice? For the life of a Sith is no game, and will cost you more than just the physical toll upon your body. You will suffer and sacrifice parts of yourself, your body, mind and soul and in the end you will be consumed by the Darkness. Until nothing remains of what you once were, nothing but Hate and a endless unceasing Rage against all life and the Light. Such is the price of real power, to unlock your potential. But if you are certain, so be your choice, one where there is no returning from. I just thought I would make you aware, that this path is not everyone and to be certain this is what you want, from within. From the heart. For many have been those who thought they were suited, only to find themselves cast aside like burnt tinder."

• Like 1

Akheron.jpg

Bernon Mrrgwharr spoke "I am Bernon Mrrgwharr, I am not yet the Acolyte of the great @Krath Inmortos, but soon, soon I will be. And... Thank you for the advice. You have power, great power, I can feel it, in this world, the Darkness. And believe me, I am not about to throw away this opportunity, I've heard that the Darkness is a path to immortality, to power, and to the greatest combat prowess in the galaxy. So I am fully committed to this Order, no matter the cost." He then bowed out of respect and said one last thing "If you wish to know where he is, I am not allowed to divulge such information, lest I displease the Dark Lord."

He knelt before the @Karys Narat iv-Adas, stood, and saluted, before waiting for any kind of response. He truly was committed to this, throughout all his life, he was powerless against nearly everything, the law, the Jedi and their false promises of a better life that never materialized, and so much more. Here, however, he had a chance to be powerful, to be immortal, and to fight the disgusting and disgraceful Jedi and help put an end to their thousands of years of tyranny. Indeed, there was no backing out now, but for him, the idea of backing out was never an option.

• Like 2

Bernon.jpg

The slight lurch in the Mandalorian woman’s gait was the only outward betrayal of Inmortos possession; inly betrayal that was visible behind the helm and armored plates that is. As they walked they seemed to grow heavier and heavier, but for the moment they remained, an outward facade to shadow the true turmoil of being inhabited by the spirit of Inmortos while still living. Even now the warrior woman’s spirit tasted the turmoil of her inhabitation and regret bubbled to life deep within only to be frozen in the fearful inward gaze of death itself. Death. It would be a welcome retreat she thought somewhere in the recesses of her mind. While the warrioress seemed to maintain control of her body, it seemed that in spite of her desires to howl at the sky, to tear off her armor and ravage each and every one of these dark men and women of magic that stood before her, she could not. Fear and the urge to inflict the pain that now ravaged her on others was almost blinding in excruciation and yet she was paralyzed to it all, her will disconnected from her body but by the overshadowing will of her god. And in that fear and rage a reminder embered, she was serving her god, painful as it may be.

Stopping on the fringes of the assembled Mandalorians, where the Sith were assembled they stood, her body angled oddly, held straight but almost hunched in her armor. A cold aura seemed to radiate in the air around her as the presence of the god-king of death inhaled through the foreign feminine nostrils. He could sense it, almost smell it before he was drawn to it’s hidden location through the T’d visor. There in the boot of his newest project he felt them, their bound torments contained within the silvery handle. They called to him in sweet whispers of lust and hopeless desire. A smile played across the hidden face of the woman, it was Inmortos’ twisted smile splayed across her face.

The lord of death’s icy gaze lingered for a chilling moment on @Thought Bomb before silently turning to behold the rest. There were so many gone. So many who claimed to be the most powerful  had been destroyed, fled to beyond the bounds of civilized space, abandoned their oath and feigned dedication. Their ranks were thin, thin enough that Inmortos was surprised to see a Mandalorian clan, ancient servants of the Sith, even there. The power of the Sith was not what it had been; but with so few, their power was manifest even more; a deeper well

of power from what to draw with fewer greedy hands. Their eyes settled on @Darth Calypso, an ancient Sith reborn from the ashes of a war that had never truly ended, a war Inmortos still fought and would never forget. In the end, they would all know of these Sith, the true heirs of power, of Inmortos as the galaxy was frozen with his name the final cry on their lips. All they need do now was wait. These Sith, old and new, had heeded the call. Now let this ancient dark woman prove her worth.

• Like 1

Bernon Mrrgwharr was deep in thought until the Sith Lord looked back on him. He supposed he could sense the lightsaber. Well, Bern could certainly sense it, it was rubbing up against his foot, but also, the saber itself was as cold as death itself, and the heat of the Darkness radiated off of it in waves. Soon, when the Dark Lord turned away, Bern returned to his thought, wondering how the Sith were defeated by the Jedi, they had legions of Sith, armies of troops, and still lost. He then came to the realization that, many Sith of the old Empire were weak, but now, the Jedi if anything, had not defeated them, but did them a favor, they culled the weak from the herd.

Soon, sooner than the Jedi could ever imagine, the Sith would come back, without the weak holding them back, and Bern... he would not become one of the weak. Whatever toll this dark path took on his body, it would not matter to him, he could look like he slept with vibroblades for all he cares, it would only make him look intimidating, for immortality and unlimited power were worth it. He thought of himself in the future, wielding a lightsaber, cutting down Jedi after Jedi, yes, he would be powerful indeed.

And when the day came for @Krath Inmortos to remove him as a threat, it would be too late, and if it wasn't, he would escape, remembering the words of Apothos. For now, however, he would remain loyal to his soon to be Dark Master, and he will prove to him, and truly prove, that he did not make a mistake in choosing his apprentice. The battle nearby and it's sounds drew him  away from his thoughts, as he walked over to watch the combat between the Sith Apprentice and the Terentatek.

Edited by Thought Bomb
  • Like 2

Bernon.jpg

On 11/23/2022 at 3:07 PM, Atrid Torsen said:

"Yer dead now Beasty, I woulda let ya live but you had to slice me open! NOW YOU'VE KRIFFIN MADE ME ANGRY!!" Fiochmar snarls and shouts charging the beast again using his skills as a hunter to assess rapidly and find the weakest points in the beast once done he leaps at the Terentatek thrusting the vibrosword forward with his vibrosword and swinging down with a hacking slash with the vibroaxe a wicked and malicious grin on his face. He can sense victory so close he can taste it and savoring every last little bit as he watches himself to see if his blades find purchase with the weak points.

The terentatek's arm came up and batted away the axe, its strength monstrous even as a juvenile. It trumpeted in victory, lunging foward.

Then it stopped short.

Blood filled its mouth. Its tiny eyes flared wide in confusion. It willed itself forward, willed itself to finish off its prey right in front of it, but its legs wouldn't move. Its arms dropped to its sides, limp. Blackness crept in at the edges of its vision, rage bleeding away like water through a sieve.

Fiochmar's sword had gone straight into the beast's mouth, and pierced its spine.

Its body collapsed nervelessly to the ground, its eyes staring up, a look of disbelief apparent in its brutal features.

Then it was dead.

On 11/26/2022 at 10:54 AM, Lord Ōk Rägnär said:

"I am Darth Dictum, Mi'Lady." He spoke in a coyful tone, his voice as dark as it was deep. With a stoop of his head, he bowed courteously. "I am the son of Darth Ragnar, grandson of Darth Fenrir." His tone shifted slightly, turning from coyful to cold. "Allow me to be your Harbinger."

It wasn't his words that held any weight. Nor was it his actions that spoke of his potential. But in his presence, behind the blood stained bandages that covered his lid less sockets that dripped blood down his cheeks and across his sly smirk, that his truth filled declaration rippled across the Force. If given the time and opportunity, newly within this Order he had came to lay within its bosom, he would become its harbinger, it's blackened blade amidst the Darkness' shadow, it's dagger of eternal night. He would become Death's Assassin.

Calypso's eyes narrowed as she took in the dark aura of the man. This man had given himself to the Dark Side, but there was more potential that might be drawn out.

She paused before answering. "...I'm afraid I'm not one for titles Darth Dictum. There is only one title I respect, and it is only earned, not given." She turned to fully face him. Her words were not harsh, but they were not kind either. "There will be no titles in the galaxy I create but what you carve for yourself. You have strength Dictum, but if you bind yourself to my will then you only cripple it. The end goal of all Sith is freedom, not service. If you are truly set upon being my greatest weapon, then I offer you the chance to prove worthy of it." She stopped for a moment as she considered. "Perhaps it will help you to kill me."

• Like 3