Ziost

Tarrian Skywalker

As the ship exited hyperspace and emerged...Akheron was for one of the few times in his life, brought to silence and awestruck. He could feel the Darkness yes but more than that he saw what he thought he would never see again. Ziost in all It's glory had been reborn, much like Korriban several decades before it. But this was fresh, teeming with life yet with a more sinister undertone. The Darkness swirled like a whirlwind around the planet and the ruins were no more.

It brought a smile upon his face beneath his faceplate. He took it as a sign of things to come, yet another sign of the prophecy perhaps being true. For there were never any coincidences where the Force was concerned and the Fanged God, the timing of it all was too much not to notice. The awakening and rise of a new champion and just after the rebirth of Ziost. Something was clearly at work.

But he had no more time to admire it, he set to go his task.

Finally making his way to the hangar bays, he entered a combat shuttle with several Linnorms and Solus. Several other shuttles likewise joined in formation before they all departed, leaving the new champion to fight in ritual combat and decide the fate of the Sith while they refuse Nok Morliss...Krath Apophos from his imprisonment.

He hoped during his time there he had been humbled some. That a lesson had been learnt and he appreciated the effort even if they had a dislike for one another. And yet this rescue was not without a price. Krath Apophos would be indebted to the Clan and to him. Putting such a thought aside for now he focused on the task at hand as the shuttles entered hyperspace, following in Inmortos wake.

((On to the Helvault))

Edited by Karys Narat iv-Adas

https://jedirp.net/topic/4851-trodai-narat-iv-adas-darth-akheron/

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

I survived the Great JNet Outage of 2012

• 4 months later...

As the two Sith passed by each other along the corridor, Akheron gestured for Dictum to join him on the command deck and bridge. He figured seeing the planet he no doubt felt, a planet born of Dark would be a welcome reprieve given he had spent the last several years locked up and denied such sights. ;)

He heard his words as they walked.

"It's seems I'm not the only one who has grown in power." Dictum spoke barely above a whisper as the two Sith's presences passed one another. "Thank your Archivist for what he was able to procure for me during my stay."

Akheron gave a slight smile from under the mask he had now placed back upon himself. He spoke himself in reply as they reached the bridge and both were welcomed by the sight of Ziost in its glory, meanwhile the Linnorms bowed their heads in respect, acknowledging Akheron's newfound title, authority and power as he entered before raising again as he took stock and gestured to Ziost as the ship arrived. Sending a signal to those patrolling the space around it, he let them know that the Fangs of Darkness had arrived from the Helvault, a successful endeavour.

"You are correct Lord Dictum. Lord Mavanger tested me and saw fit that I was ready to ascend. I have been named a Sith Master, empowered by the Dark and the Sith Empire to bring our enemies to heel. But enough about me, there are more important matters to attend to. Behold before us Ziost, Lord Dictum. Recently reborn of Darkness after years as nought but ruins and asteroid debris, where once it was nothing now it serves as a Sith sanctuary...a place we can hide and plan our revenge against the Jedi, the Imperial Knights, the rebels and any others who would defy us. I believe the challenger for the position of Dark Lord awaits below to seek our loyalty. If she is worthy of it. I believe this is likely what we felt on the way here, her calling to us. 

That said, shall we proceed to a shuttle. I believe it's time to see if she is worth the effort."

With that Akheron left the ship to his second command as he turned to exit, hoping Dictum was following. Soon enough and he was in a hangar, standing inside the shuttle with a small contingent of his most loyal Linnorms. They waited for Dictum to enter if he chose to before they would depart for the surface. 

• Like 1

Akheron.jpg

"Only in my pain, did I find my will. Only in my chaos, did I learn to be still. Only in my fear, did I find my might. Only in my darkness, did I see my light." - Darth Akheron

Akheron listened as Dictum spoke his thoughts, even going so far as to elaborate on his reasons for joining them. He found it intriguing.

"You are correct Lord Dictum. I thought it to be a test initially and in a sense it was, a test of devotion to the Sith philosophy, this was the test I was given, and indeed there were many revelations made, lessons soon to be applied to my wayward apprentice. As to yourself, I see. I too have for some time been something of a nomad, that was until about five years ago when I returned to the Order after I undertook The Hunt. That is a special mind state among Sith Warriors like myself whereby we abandon all the madness of society and civility, devoid of any higher reasoning to run amock...unleashed as a apex predator. It is considered to be a 'meditation in motion' that is cathartic and I agree. It allowed me as is it's intent, to enter a mind state whereby I was reconnected with the more primal aspects of the Dark. You could say it was this that led me to Clan Brasganu. For they are in essence a nomadic fleet, albeit one made from Sith and those devoted to our philosophy. 

One on The Hunt can be lost for hours, days, months or even years at a time. Caught up in the flow of the Dark and trying to control the monster they become during it. For me it was for five years after my rebirth up until Clan Brasganu found me. For I died during a much earlier conflict...but it seems the Dark was not done with me. But that is a tale for another time. If it is growth you desire and to reach your potential among the Order, I am happy to assist if you wish in that regard in whatever capacity you need in way of certain abilities perhaps. As you saw, unified strength has it's advantages...even if we don't agree we are united in our philosophy. Regardless it looks like our last guest has arrived and the time for departure has come."

Akheron noted towards Nok, who approached silently and entered the craft on his new walking throne. Following behind, Akheron entered alongside several Linnorms, he motioned Dictum to join him. Once all were aboard, the pilot ascended leaving the hangar and departed for the surface. Akheron admired the planet as they descended, feeling the Darkness emanating and feeding upon it as they neared the newly constructed temple. Once close enough, the pilot landed and allowed the passengers to disembark. The Linnorms exited first, ensuring the way was secure before Lord Akheron, Master of the Darkness and Lord of Wrath and Rage followed. 

As he exited, he looked about for his apprentice but could not yet see him. However a quick probe and he found him nearby. Heading towards the direction he felt him and several others, including the up and coming Dark Lady challenger, Lord Akheron soon saw his apprentice physically.

He could feel the change, that the visit to the source of his unique problem had perhaps been solved. He would soon find put, but first there were more pressing concerns.

He spoke, enquiring briefly while they waited. He saw Fiochmar, recalling the young Tsis and upcoming Sith Warrior, a apprentice to Lord Mavanger he remembered...battling a Taratatek. He looked with interest, even as he spoke to his apprentice and the Dark Lady. He briefly looked towards the Mandalorian woman, something about her, and her presence in the Force. The Darkness, was very familiar. Like he recognised her. And then he knew why, he felt the presence of Krath Inmortos, it seemed he had found a new shell.

"Greetings my apprentice. I take it your trip was beneficial...how beneficial we shall soon see. For we have much to discuss you and I...there are revelations that have been made which I must impart to you. Or you shall never reach your potential. After the Dark Lady Calypso has spoken we shall begin, for I felt her call even on the Helvault, calling us here. As you can see my apprentice, during my absence I have also undergone a transformation of sorts. For I am a Sith Lord no longer my apprentice, but have been recognised by both the Order in Lord Mavanger, who saw fit to name me and in the Darkness. Which has empowered me further when it to took notice...further than I thought possible. For I have been recognised as a Master of the Darkness my apprentice. Given the resources and will to serve the Dark Lady and crush our enemies."

Turning to Darth Calypso, the new Dark Lady, he spoke, issuing a bow of respect before he did.

"I am at your disposal my Dark Queen, if you'll have me I will be your iron fist and bring your enemies to heel. My loyalty is to the Sith and our philosophy."

• Like 1

Akheron.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Akheron almost laughed beneath his mask as Solus decided to endear him with another new title. One unusual but amusing none the less. He too was certain that the Fanged God was smiling just as at the same time he would be very least jealous and envious of the knowledge and prospect of their discoveries, for mere beings he considered beneath him to have found such power on their own. Such was his way, encouraging growth while at the same time seeking all knowledge for himself.

Continuing to observe Fiochmar, or as near as far as he could from his current distance, Akheron looked as the beast struck at his shoulder blades and he snarled back in anger, shouting at the beast over the air, loud enough that even he heard it, hoping it would listen to his shouts of intimidation. Although he could not clearly see what happened, he heard it. Walking that direction, he hoped to get a closer look. 

• Like 1

Akheron.jpg

As he was walking, Akheron stopped suddenly when he viewed the newcomer. Observing just what was happening...listening with his acute sense of hearing to make out what was said. Some of which piqued his interest, especially the fact that from what he was hearing, that Krath Inmortos wherever he was had chosen a new apprentice...or acolyte for now. Looking, but not being too conspicuous, the Sith Master walked until he was beside the Warrior. He could feel the potential, it was clear Inmortos had chosen well wherever he was. 

Bowing slightly in respect, he spoke. If he as suspected, it was likely they would need to become accustomed. For Akheron and Inmortos were equals albeit on different paths. 

"Forgive me for interrupting, but I couldn't help but overhear. You are to become Krath Inmortos apprentice? I commend you, it is no easy task to warrant his attention. Who might you be? I am Lord Akheron, Lord of Rage and Wrath, Master of the Dark and Sith Warrior. I am a associate of Krath Inmortos, so it's likely we will see a lot of each other. Krath Apothos speaks true, as with all Sith. Trust no-one among the Order even those you would consider a friend. For every Sith has their own agenda, you must always be on your guard. 

Another piece of advice I may offer, is be sure this is what you truly want. Do you truly understand the consequences of your decision, of your choice? For the life of a Sith is no game, and will cost you more than just the physical toll upon your body. You will suffer and sacrifice parts of yourself, your body, mind and soul and in the end you will be consumed by the Darkness. Until nothing remains of what you once were, nothing but Hate and a endless unceasing Rage against all life and the Light. Such is the price of real power, to unlock your potential. But if you are certain, so be your choice, one where there is no returning from. I just thought I would make you aware, that this path is not everyone and to be certain this is what you want, from within. From the heart. For many have been those who thought they were suited, only to find themselves cast aside like burnt tinder."

• Like 1

Akheron.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Akheron listened to the words of Darth Calypso. As she spoke of her plans for the Sith before proclaiming herself the new Dark Lord, making more promises. He agreed with much of what she spoke, and then he heard his apprentice. But not before feeling his intense Envy. And with it his plan was undone, for Darth Akheron was no fool, he would not be so easily deceived or goaded into a challenge. For he had experienced a lifetime of betrayal, he was a Master of Darkness. He was Sith.

He desired to see his power. To see the Lord of Wrath and Rage. He would have it, although perhaps he would live to regret that decision, for he had provoked a great beast, one that if tampered with would come at a great price. For to call Akheron's actions cowardice and question his commitment was to invoke consequences. He would not tolerate such disobedience from his apprentice, especially not in front of others and the Dark Lord. Besides he required no proof, at least for his apprentice. He was beyond him, it was he who was required to prove himself worthy. To prove he was worth the effort of having been chosen.

Besides he had proven himself, or so he thought. He had Sacrificed. Through blood and Sith trial by fire. Who was his apprentice to question his motives, his beliefs. And require him to prove himself. Only the Darkness and Fanged God could demand it, he had no such right. He would learn his place yet again. 

He continued to listen, finding some truth to his words, approving of his compliments, and yet it could not undo what was to come. 

"Oh my apprentice, you are good and have learnt, I give you that. But did you really think you could deceive me? That you could hide your Envy from me, your plans. That you could goad me into a challenge? I am a Master of Darkness. I will not be so easily tricked into your games, however I give you credit for having the audacity to try despite your failure to understand the gravity of the consequences of your actions. For in provoking the beast, in questioning my Sith beliefs, in implying I am a coward and questioning my commitment you have invited the Lord of Wrath and Rage upon yourself. You forget your place my apprentice."

Akheron quickly spread his thoughts into the Darkness, spreading his awareness outwards until he touched the Shard within the droid that housed Solus. And he began to apply pressure, crushing upon the Shard...hoping to mark him. A permanent, painful reminder...another lesson learnt. Around him lightning began to crackle, a outward affect of a intense Wrath and Rage towards his wayward apprentice.

"Your words may be true, and I respect the compliment, however I shall decide when and if to challenge. Not you. I have no desire for leadership or to challenge her, I keep my word. I shall give her the chance to prove she is different, to keep her promises. If she fails to live up to that, then I shall challenge. Not before, besides you may think me ready but I know I am not. Question my beliefs, my commitment or call me a coward...ask me to prove myself again my apprentice and you will not live to regret it. For you forget. It was I who chose YOU. That you were chosen by me. I am your Master, you are my Apprentice. I not required to prove anything to you, but you have much yet to prove to me. You wanted the Lord of Wrath and Rage, to witness my power. You got what you wished for my apprentice.

Never question me again unless it is permitted understood?"

Turning to face Dictum, he spoke.

"I am sorry about that, my apprentice is strong but he is Envious. As with all in the folly of youth, he oversteps his bounds sometimes and needs reminding of his place among the order of things."

It was in that moment, Akheron felt the change. The temperature dropped as the strange Mandalorian woman he had suspected of being Krath Inmortos turned out to be exactly as he thought. The necromancer had returned. And even more than that, he did something unexpected, he challenged the newly self-proclaimed Dark Lady himself. Getting his hands dirty for once, which amused the Master Sith Warrior. And earnt a bit more respect, for he did not think he would ever expose himself like that. To challenge for leadership, it just didn't seem his style. Looking beside him, it appeared Dictum wanted to also challenge. His lightsaber was ignited. Akheron knew things were about to get very interesting.

All eventually became clear. It was a trial, one only for the Dark Lord. And for Inmortos. And so Akheron made room, stepping aside and motioning his apprentice do the same, to observe and see that the Darkness and Fanged God had it's own plan. That he was correct in not being chosen for the task currently.

Akheron.jpg

As Solus retreated after his punishment, the Sith Master and Warrior smiled beneath his mask and laughed a little. Enough that his apprentice could hear it. Even as they observed he could feel his intense Hate towards him. His feelings betraying the apprentice as his thoughts flowed openly, how he thought that just because there was a duel of such proportions, that his recent transgression would be forgotten. He knew little of the Sith or had he forgotten. The Sith do not forgive or forget. 

And yet Akheron saw a lesson that he could perhaps learn from the bout. Indeed, perhaps he could impart something to this newcomer as well...advice he wished he had been given when he first began the Dark journey.

"Do not think your transgression is forgotten my apprentice, I have not despite this change of events. For have you forgotten already? A Sith does not forgive nor do we forget. But regardless use your Hate for me, let it drive you...let it fuel your thoughts and lead you to heed the lessons I have been trying to impart. Only by accepting your mistakes, learning and becoming stronger because of them will you unlock your true potential. Until you learn to listen, be patient instead of rush at everything like a Rancor charging, then a Apprentice you shall always be. 

Embrace your punishments, embrace your pain and grow stronger for it. Use this bout as a lesson also."

He turned to face the newcomer, Inmortos apprentice, his words of advice meant for both. He knew Inmortos would not object, for what he could not learn from the necromancer, perhaps he could help with.

"Perhaps you both can. I know Krath Inmortos would not object to this lesson I shall impart young Bernon Mrrgwharr. Observe this battle both of you, learn from it, see where, were it you what you might do. Bare witness to the true power of a Sith, how they each wield it differently. Learn from this their weaknesses...their strengths should either become your enemy some day. As is the nature of a Sith. To destroy all who would oppose them. Jedi or otherwise."

• Like 1

Akheron.jpg

As the battle raged and Akheron found he had to keep adjusting his position to not be hit accidentally, he felt a change in the air. And it wasn't just the temperature or the obscuring most before them. No, this he could feel with the Darkness. And then he saw the reason, as the sky turned a crimson red and the veil between life and death was rended open by the necromancer. Akheron was impressed, for he had yet to see this display of such power from him. 

It spoke to his true power and demanded a certain level of respect. 

And yet there was a price to pay for opening the veil. The dead, angry, suffering and seeking hosts to torment were set loose upon the living. Sith or not it didn't matter to them, only the intent to maim. Akheron smiled. It was a opportunity...one he could use to impart some more lessons. He knew the newcomer would need protection to a degree, for he was untrained and Akheron doubted Inmortos would want him so prematurely ended. He had a duty to his equal to see him survive for now.

Or at the very least, show him the way to survival on his own. As such he spoke out first to Solus.

"My apprentice, it looks like we are afforded a opportunity. Show me what you have learnt, send these wraiths back into the veil and Chaos beyond."

He turned to the newcomer.

"Stay close for now. You are untrained yet in the ways of Darkness, and I don't think your new master wishes to lose you just yet...so allow me to offer a way to survive this. Focus inwards, use your Hate, your Rage, Wrath and all negative emotions you feel. Focus one specifically, use it and focus those feelings upon your enemy, you will begin see the truth of the Darkness and begin to do things you thought impossible. Observe, what a true Sith Warrior and Master is capable of and learn from it just as you would your own master."

With that Akheron focused himself as he removed the Limnal Blade from it's sheath upon his back. A weapon he had not used as much as he might of liked, but now was afforded the opportunity to do so. The sword reacted almost immediately to the presence of the undead wraiths, attempting to pull Akheron towards them and consume their souls. Entering into the Warrior spiritual state of the Wisdom of the Blade, Akheron suddenly became calm and hardly seemed to move at least at first. Within moments he channelled the Darkness, unifying both himself and his weapon into one circuit, finding equilibrium. With a supernatural and otherworldly type of grace, the Sith Master seemed to move about almost in a circuitous pattern or dance that never lost forward momentum. Akheron drifted across the battlefield, dispatching a nearby wraith, seemingly untethered from gravity as electrical discharges soon sprung from the effort, elements of a storm weaving into his attacks. At it's centre was a eery calm where Akheron stood, while around him chaos and slaughter was ensuing.

((For reference his currently using the Wisdom of the Blade/Blade Dance technique in the Warrior guide.))

• Like 1

Akheron.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Akheron continued his assault upon the undead spirits with his Linnorm Blade up until the very moment their master who had unleashed them, exploded in a gory fountain of giblets and blood upon the very ground each stood. Akheron himself was not immune from the aftermath as blood splattered across parts of his armour and robe coming down from the sky like a red rain. The newly minted Sith Master and Warrior stood impressed as he noted how the wailing spirits were either retreating or being pulled back into the tear of the veil into the void beyond. Into Chaos itself, a plane of existence and hellish dimension of the afterlife he was all too familiar during his lifetime.

Some attempted to resist...and those closest to the Sith Warrior who did so soon met their grim fate at the end of his almost ethereal , Wrath propelled Limnel Blade as he used his connection to the Darkness, a gift from the now late necromancer. The Darkness emanating from him like a vengeful beast that had been unleashed. One with little regard for the fate of those around, only existing in that moment to see that his targets were destroyed. This was Darth Akheron, Sith Master and Warrior as he truly was. His true self. He was a beacon of Darkness, one who served the Fanged God through the Sith. And now through Darth Calypso. His new sovereign. 

The new Dark Lord who had completed her trial of strength and faith. By overcoming Death itself in it's emissary, the necromancer, Krath Master Inmortos. Yet Akheron knew as the Dark Lord did, he would return. It was his nature in the Darkness. Death could never truly die. With his demise, Akheron knew his new apprentice would not know what to do. And so motioned for him to come over once remaining spirits were dispersed. 

He knew what Krath Inmortos most likely action would be and what he would want for his apprentice. He had been around him enough times now to have a somewhat understanding of his mind. To a degree. Facing the young human Warrior apprentice, he spoke.

"Come, we must show allegiance to the new Dark Lord, one who has passed the trial of fire for the mantle of leadership. By making a Sacrifice of blood to the Darkness. Your master knew what he was doing young one. He was testing her, one she passed with flying colours. Your master will return, what you saw was not his true form. For he has many. He moves between bodies like we hunt our prey. I have known him for some time now, we are well acquainted. Well enough to understand his thoughts to some extent, not telepathy mind...but his intellect. He would want you to go to his throne world most likely, Aaris III. Where his spirit is bound too. It would be where he most likely returns. It is where he holds his true power. The power over Death itself. For he is neither living or ever truly dead.

I shall take you there when we are done here. In the meantime, stick with me and you may learn a few things about the Order and what the Darkness may teach you. For now consider yourself a unofficial apprentice. You would be wise to call me Master and treat me as you would your own Master, Krath Inmortos himself. That said feel free to ask questions, but for now best we kneel and pledge our loyalty to the Dark Lord's decree." 

With that Akheron motioned him and his own apprentice to kneel before he spoke to the new Dark Queen.

"You have erased any doubts from my mind about your power and strength in the Darkness. Your chains are truly broken my new my dark queen. My Dark Lord or in your case Dark Lady. I pledge myself, and my apprentice to you and your decree so long as you are not found wanting in the eyes of the Darkness. Betray the Sith philosophy and the Order, the very Code we stand behind and I shall hunt you personally....a fact you no doubt would enjoy. Until that day my blade, my Wrath and Rage, will be yours to wield against this galaxy. I will bring the vengeance of the Sith to any who would deny us our right."

• Like 1

Akheron.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Once Akheron was certain the new Dark Lord had no further reason to keep him there and having given his pledge. He listened first to his wayward apprentice, who appeared to yet again be attempting sway him in some way...to what end game he could not yet ascertain, but the Sith Master was not yet ready to let his apprentice off his leash just yet. Not so soon after proving he could not yet be trusted in such a way. No for now he would accompany the newcomer back to Aaris III, for he knew now Inmortos had returned. Sooner than expected however.

Although another suggestion he had made did have some merit. To use Aaris III to train the newcomer, if his master had no objections. For to create a stronger generation of Sith required multiple avenues of learning. Solus too perhaps could learn something yet again on the forsaken, dead world. Just as last time.

He spoke towards both.

"We shall leave immediately if we are no longer needed here. We shall take a shuttle, I see no need to take the flagship there, and besides for now subtly would suit our needs. Solus, your ideas are not without merit but I am not willing to let you off the leash just yet. Not so soon after your recent disobedience. You shall go with us to Aaris III, perhaps you might find some further learning there, as last time we both grew. Perhaps you might find the clarity you require to advance in the Darkness there. If the Darkness calls us back to Falleen we shall see, but for now we must remain hidden elsewhere."

With that, Akheron began to turn heading a nearby shuttle, motioning the two to follow, where several Linnorms waited.

Akheron.jpg

Akheron stoped briefly on his way to the shuttle to hear out the final words of his new Dark sovereign. If she wished to see him in his element, he would soon enough oblige her, in time. In the meantime Aaris III called more than ever...the strange images piercing his mind and calling him back to the dead planet like a beacon, Inmortos calling out. And yet as he passed to continue on to the shuttle, he paused briefly as he passed by the Sith Lord and Assassin, Dictum.

"Sorry to disturb you Lord Dictum, but if you wish you may join us on our journey to Aaris III, if you so desire. Perhaps you may find further learning there, Krath Inmortos archives are vast, I can attest from experience. Think of it as a way to expand perhaps while we see how we can rebuild. Although I would need your decision quickly for we are leaving now."

Akheron awaited an answer, after which the shuttle would depart.

Akheron.jpg

Acheson nodded his head approvingly, the words Dictum spoke resonating within him. It was true, that the Darkness seemed to stir and beckon vibrantly...more so since their small had grown. Something was happening and the Darkness was moving it's pawns about, just as the planet they currently a good on seemed to call out at least to some. But for now he had other matters to attend to, for one seeing what was next in their plans. What lay ahead in way of rebuilding and how could the Sith show the galaxy they were not done just yet.

He spoke briefly.

"So be it, if that is your wish. May the Darkness continue to beckon and grow in you under our company. Aaris III awaits."

Not when they still had breath. The Fanged God demanded retribution and Akheron was more than willing to collect the souls to feed it. But for now Aaris III beckoned, yet little did the pilot know his fate. For he had been chosen from among many others....not for his physical strength alone but for his strong will and ability to command the force. A vessel chosen for a purpose. A mind soon to be broken and relished by Inmortos. A sacrifice to the Sith cause capable of holding the spirit of the necromancer and not crumble so quickly.

As Dictum entered two shuttle and the hatch closed behind them, Akheron couldn't help but wonder if he would remain with them indefinitely. Perhaps so. He hoped so, for the Clan needed new blood.

Contemplating his next steps, Akheron remained silent thereafter as the ship took for the void of space and Aaris III beyond. Meanwhile his flagship remained behind, it would watch over Ziost and monitor for any Sith. At least for now.

(Next post on Aaris III).

Akheron.jpg

Aboard the Heart of Darkness, the flagship of Darth Akheron, the commander. A force-sensitive called Sirius Tur'ean gazed out at the stars and the frost bitten planet below. He had the responsibility of looking after the ship and handling any issues while Akheron was away. To keep order in what remained of the Clan in his stead. This included monitoring any com chatter and to pass any messages on to the Sith Master as warranted and in order of importance. 

One such message was soon intercepted, one of high threat and value. Sirius almost gasped when he read it. It was just as Akheron had said might happen one day, although it was unexpected it would happen so soon. The Sovereignty, Jedi and Imperial Knights had come for Falleen. For that was the meaning of Code F4403 Invasion. It was a highly encrypted message sent from Falleen or another power base to inform of imminent attack upon it, in this case the code was for Falleen...a message sent if there ever was a imminent threat, beyond the capacity of the local Linnorms to handle, by any of the three major players and informing that this direct threat posed a significant challenge to the recruitment and ship production on the planet that was being conducted in the name of Sith and Clan Brasganu. 

He was quick to redirect the message to Akheron himself, hopefully it reached him.

In the meantime he also followed the protocol in place should this happen. Sending a message to the Sith military hub, or what remained of it and thus any Sith listening. Encrypted as it was, he sent a request for aid. 

"Attention my lords and ladies. We have just received word that Falleen has been attacked by a unknown number of potentially hostile Sovereignty, Jedi and Imperial Knight ships, troops and most likely Jedi or Imperial Knights themselves. Lord Akheron asks for aid to be rendered to protect vital Sith assets that would aid our rebuilding efforts. He would appreciate any volunteers to help clear the upstarts and reclaim his powerbase to restore order to Falleen and send a message that the Sith and he are not to be trifled with. And any effort to assist would be rewarded by way of a boon or favour."

Akheron.jpg

• Esterhazy changed the title to Ziost
  • 5 months later...

The ship/fortress finally arrived above Ziost, a strange sight for it's unusual and ancient looking design. Akheron let those below know he was coming. Within it was as if those bound to it knew what to do, as the mighty structure moved down towards the surface and to a large clearing in the ice. Close to the Black Pyramid, but far enough that enough space was allowed between them and the other structures around. Here it would remain indefinitely.

It's new home. 

Standing vigilant for the return of those inside now lost. For on the journey another two had disappeared, Akheron wondered if the ritual had been too much, for he had not heard from Dictum or Lord Aeon since, indeed there was silence in the Darkness also. It was strange but he could not wait around as such he made his way to the exit. They could make their own way if indeed they still remained. Upon the ground, he exited the vast structure and to where others gathered, gawking at the unusual sight 

He ignored them and went about securing a shuttle so as to return to his own ship. One sorely missed for so long apart.

For it was his home, one of the stars at least. A gift of the Brasganu long ago.

He needed to return and see how things faired before seeking out the elusive Frak the Pirate, or failing that another item lay on his agenda. For he knew somewhere out in the stars was another ship he could potentially reclaim. A casino ship that had been helping fund the Sith for some time. The Shadow's Gambit. A ship he was familiar with, he need only find it and return it to the rightful hands of the Sith. But the records had been lost during the invasion over Nar Shadda, so it's location was now a mystery.

He needed help to find it beyond his own resources. 

And so as he found a shuttle, he made his way to his ship. There he spoke to the captain briefly, being appraised of what had happened in the interim and the reported disappearance of the Dark Lord they had so briefly served, before heading to his room and study. There was much to think upon.

The disappearance of the Dark Lord did not bode well for the Sith. But he knew just as one champion fell or became unworthy in the eyes of the Danger God and the Darkness. Another would rise, and he would be there to serve as their destroyer. A fist of Wrath and Rage to bring examination upon the enemies of the Sith. For now he need only wait for a sign.

A dark beacon in the cosmos that would call to him when the time was right.

He put his head down, searching his notes, datapads and items on the consoles in front of him. Attempting to piece together data and stories around the Shadow's Gambit and potential sightings since Nar Shadda. So far he found nothing, but he continued none the less.

Akheron.jpg

Akheron was busy finishing up his notes, having come across a item of interest. He felt the Darkness call out, the sign he had been waiting for. Yet it was not in the form he had expected. He felt Darth Mavanger, a familiar presence, but last he recalled he too had fallen like himself. It seemed both had been spared death for a reason where all others had not or had gone missing. A reason known only to the Fanged God and the Darkness. 

A reason he was soon to find out. 

He answered the com-link attached to his wrist. Rarely used but there for emergencies or when a Sith needed to speak to him more directly.

"It is good to hear your voice Warmaster, I had heard you like me had meet your demise. I am glad to know you have returned. I shall be there shortly, we have much to discuss."

With that he gathered what data he could, at least that which he had compiled into database and discs, so Darth Mavanger could scrutinise them himself. Placing them in a large bag, he placed it upon his back. The lightsaber he had borrowed, now a permanent addition at his side, slung to his right. He sent a communication to the captain, a replacement for the previous he had known. 

"Varno, the ship is yours. I must see the Warmaster on personal business. Keep her in order while I am away. Prepare my shuttle for departure."

He answered quickly.

"Yes my Lord-Captain."

With that preparations were made, and the shuttle was soon ready in the hangar with a small guard to see him off. Saluting, Akheron entered alone, knowing he would hopefully not need additional assistance. At least he hoped so and trusted in the Darkness and Darth Mavanger that nothing untoward would happen. Piloting the shuttle, he contemplated events, how the Dark Lord he had helped to find and initially backed had squandered the chance she had been given. It disgusted him how she had been no better than those that came before. 

But such was her way. The choices she had chosen had sealed her fate and angered the Fanged God, and the Darkness who no longer favoured her.

A new champion was needed. A avatar, but Akheron knew it was not him. No he would soon know who it was, the Darkness would reveal this to him as it had the sign. And so he continued, and sought permission to land in the hangar as he approached. As he landed, he waited for any that might lead him to the observation deck briefly before making his own way. Following the Darkness to Mavanger's presence.

Entering, he issued a bow and a nod of respect. Despite their differences, they were much the same, survivors. Loyal to the Sith and willing to do whatever it took to see the strong rise. Their dedication to the Darkness was absolute.

"Greetings Lord Mavanger. It has been a while, I am glad to see these rumours of your demise were greatly exaggerated. I suspect you know as I do now, that another Dark Lord has fallen, although I know not how or the why. Only that she has likely fallen like so many others before her and only that a new champion of Darkness is likely chosen and I as ever am to be their destroyer. A fist for the Sith to use.

I also have something else to discuss, I believe I have found a way to help our cause and a proposition in that regard. Tell me Warmaster in your years of travels, did you ever hear tales about a ship by the name of The Shadow's Gambit? If so how much do you know about it?"

He inquired, placing the bag beside him as he talked. 

Akheron.jpg

Akheron listened, even as he noticed Tros to the side, another ally of his. As Mavanger spoke his words sunk in, he made a point. It gave him much to think upon, made him question his own beliefs this far and what It meant to be a Sith. He considered was his attachment to the Fanged God,  to the Brasganu another chain? After silence for a time he came to conclusion they were. That he had misplaced faith. For he had done everything for them and had nothing to show for it. 

No more.

A revelation was made and his choice decided upon. He would break this chain and sever his connection, he had too if he wished to become all he thought he was. If he was to truly be considered a Sith in not just his own eyes but also in other's. For the Darkness to recognise him and for him to use it as intended. Closing his eyes briefly, he breathed a deep breath before releasing, feeling the current of the Force. His Darkness. And then he spoke aloud, feeling for the first time, in a long time free.

As a shackle was removed. All he needed to do now was remove those who objected to the change and purge any who resisted him as was the Sith way. Starting on his ship, but first he would speak to Mavanger, he who had helped the change. A true ally. No he decided, as tempting as it might have been he would not attack

Being the Dark Lord had never really appealed to him. No he was a deatroyer, a fist of iron to stamp out the Sith and the Dark Lord's enemies. A general, not a leader.

"What you say is true. And you have given much to think upon and a revelation, it is time to break the final chain. The final attachment if I am to be as I wish to be. I here and now denounce the Fanged God and all his teachings, I separate myself from the Brasganu. But shall keep the parting gift of my ship. Those who would object will be purged. You have my thanks for that, I needed to hear it I think for such thoughts have crossed my mind before, and doubts have been growing in the wake of everything. I have done everything for a supposed 'God' with nothing to show for it. Only suffering. To hell with them and their beliefs. I am my own God. I am Sith."

With that he lowered himself to a knee. He knelt before his better and ally, one he would now consider perhaps a friend for freeing him like this. For enlightening him even if it was not the intention. He agreed with his plan, and believed he would fair better than the others before him, for his goal was clearly to aid the Sith while others only served their own interests. Their own desires and left the Empire and their allies to rot.

"I thank you for enlightening me, I had wished it been sooner. I have no desire to lead, that was never my calling. I am a destroyer, a general nothing more. It is a fact I accepted long ago, in my many failings. I will not oppose you and your claim. I accept your claim and your right to be Dark Lord, by way of your many deeds. I think you will fair far better than the others or even myself had I chosen different. Your plan is sound and in the interests of the Empire and the Order as a whole. Not focusing on yourself so much and your own needs but instead on what we all need. What the galaxy needs. You have my blade and men at your command Dark Lord Mavanger. Long may you reign and bring the Jedi and their allies to their knees."

• Like 1

Akheron.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Akheron nodded in appreciation at the gesture, even as he began to speak. He liked where e it was misleading 59, tell newfound unity which would bind the Sith and hopefully allow them to defeat their enemies at long last. To quell the stagnation and stop a cycle that had kept repeating.

"It is and not just for myself, it would be a boon for the Sith, especially now when we need it most. You see the Shadow's Gambit is a ship...but not just any ship. It is a casino ship registered with the Galactic Alliance or at least it was it probably is registered with the Sovereignty Alliance now. It was long ago commissioned for the Sith under the guidance of Darth Quietus, The White Wolf before he went rogue and was executed. My former master at one point. It was built for multiple purposes. The first was to serve as a front to train apprentices, for inside is a hidden compartment away from prying eyes."

He allowed a short break for the information to sink in and allow himself a breather, before continuing.

"The second was to fund the Sith Empire. And the third was as a covert operations vessel to spy on our enemies without them knowing, they came close to discovery once with Coresec existed but the investigation went nowhere and they failed to find out who it really belonged too. When Darth Quietus was alive he took me there and I saw this secret with my own eyes for the first of several times. When he fell in battle, I took over the responsibility, and had kept it kept hidden for a day when we might need it most. A nest egg if you will, to help us if other avenues were taken away and we were forced into exile greater than ever before. I didn't fully trust others even back then to keep it in Sith hands. Not even my own apprentice Lord Aeon, Darth Dictum or Krath Inmortos who have gone missing knew of it. Not many have ever known about it's existence, not even Dark Lord Exodus or Nryrys were aware of it's existence so far as I know. Or if they did they never spoke of it."

He allowed another short break.

"I lost track of it after the battle of Nar Shadda and the loss of the fleet there. Records of it's location were lost there so I need help finding the ship itself. It has been elusive to find again. I came across some interesting data though of rumoured sightings over the the last few years, and where it might potentially be. I have been trying to find it since after my return and resurrection following Falleen and the taking of my power base there. All data regarding the ship is within that sack. Everything I have found out about it to date, so you may see for yourself if it's useful. And perhaps speed up the search with some more keen eyes. In such times I think it is time to use it for it's intended purpose once more. If you would allow it as our new Dark Lord and one which think can be trusted with it and know how to use it to it's maximum potential."

He awaited an answer curious as to what he thought about it. And the secret few knew about and his involvement in the secrecy. While he waited he turned to their Mandolorian ally, Tros.

"I would be grateful and indebted if you do so choose to assist in this purging of the old ways. I always repay such debts, my honour as a Warrior demands it."

Akheron.jpg