Borleias

Tarrian Skywalker

(Continued from Felucia)

As Mjan climbed aboard the shuttle and the doors closed behind them, he took a seat next to the viewport, gazing upon the lush planet as they took to space. It was beautiful, truly, to see such peace and tranquility in even the harshest of terrain. And even as he gazed upon its descending atmosphere, he took it in, knowing that despite the chaos he saw upon its surface that its beauty would soothe even the most torn of souls. Even one such as he, a descendant of darkness. The Jedi here had looked past his exterior and saw the light of his soul, and he got the strangest of feelings that the planet its self was of similar sentiment. Shifting his gaze, he looked toward the oncoming ships above. Today was the beginning of the rest of his life.

Feeling the ship touch down, Mjan gathered his things and went to stand, feeling the floor beneath him shift as it entered hyperspace. He would never get used to it, or so he thought to himself, as he firmly stood against the shift. Following Aira, the two exited the craft and was quickly met by an Officer who spoke to her and poised as to whom he was. Mjan was about to introduce himself when his Master stepped in and spoke for him. Mjan smiled to himself despite not knowing the inner workings of her life as a Soldier and a Jedi, and he found himself intrigued.

He watched his Master take command, it's natural affinity rippling from the stone that she was. And it made him think of himself in a similar aspect. He had joined the Jedi to better understand the unity of the Force in hopes to hinder the ties to the darkside that dwell in his species. But he hadn't really thought about what kind of Jedi he would become. And as his Master showed him about, he could see her calm and serene nature meshed with the affirmation of soldier's heart. This made him wonder what he would become as a Jedi.

As he was introduced again having arrived upon the ship's bridge, Mjan nodded, his mind taking in the sights and sounds and the different types of soldiers and Jedi that they had encountered. There were so many possibilities that it seemed endless and almost overbearing. What could and would he be after his training? He knew training would only last so long. And then when it came time, he would have to forge his own path, alone. Would he leave that decision to fate? Or would he grasp it now and steer himself in the direction he wanted. He did not quite know yet.

"Understood Master." He spoke as she relieved herself to her duties, leaving him to his own devices. Lifting his bag, he tossed it over his shoulders and headed in the direction of his quarters, taking her ending words to heart and rolling them in his thoughts as he pondered on his own. And in truth, he thought so hard that by the time he reached his room and unloaded his things, his head had begun to ache.

After brewing some tea, Mjan sat down upon his bed and began his meditations, stopping his focusing here and there to take a sip and calm himself. His stunt earlier had frightened him pretty badly, and the thought of his future as a Jedi had begun to affect his focus. So instead, while finishing his tea, he began some light reading through the texts and information Aira had suggested, most notably the Jedi Code. He knew that it was a major part of their philosophy, just as the Sith held their own just as strongly. But with the Sith, the fallen Dark Jedi of old were the ones who made that addition.

Closing the reading material, Mjan sat there and took out the small marble and closed his eyes. He did not know why, but he began reciting the Jedi Code over and over in his head as he focused upon lifting the marble again. "There is no emotion, there is peace... there is no ignorance, there is knowledge....there is no passion, there is serenity.... there is no chaos, there is harmony....there is no death, there is the Force."

Mjan began to wonder on its words as he opened his eyes and saw the marble still there floating before him, and a sense of understanding each of the mantras began to flow into him.

Emotion and Peace. This would speak true to him as his kin and forefathers had long followed emotions, delving into the darkness that corrupted their very existence and nearly destroyed themselves.

Ignorance and Knowledge. This would also speak true to him, but on another level, despite his former association to the Sorcerers of Tund. This is the very reason he sought out the Jedi and brought him to Felucia, to hinder the ignorance of refraining yet having knowledge of the darkside only to forbid the knowledge of the lightside. In the light, he was beginning to understand the true unity of the Force.

Passion and Serenity. This was a lesson he was beginning to learn the hard way. For Mjan had always held a high passion for what he wished to study, as was evident in his leaving his former Order to seek out the Jedi. But just as he saw earlier today, passion can quickly cause one to fall, his brushing graze with his inner darkness so easily touched.

But what of Chaos and Harmony? Death and the Force? His understanding and knowledge of the previous three were from experience. But the last two, he could not grasp completely, especially the last. He could grasp the explanation that the reading material gave. But he held no personal experience with them. Letting the marble fall into his hand, he figured he would question Master Aira about her experience with them later. For now, he would practice levitating the marble and focusing his touching the Force.

Mjan had sat upon the bed for awhile now, not only levitating the orb above the palm of his hand, but beginning the feel the power flowing through his hands growing, the task requiring less focus and becoming almost second nature. A part of him could not wait to show his Master, the excitement and pride within himself nearly boiling over within the cauldron of self worth that was beginning to form within his psyche. He couldn't believe what he was feeling, the Force swirling through his form and out his hands as easy as breeze flows through the leaves upon a branch, the pebble upon his hand no more than a pedal at this point.

But the other half was cautious of his position, the ever worry wort that was Mjan not wanting to display too much of himself. He was Tsis, the species upon which began the Order that has forever fought their kind, fully embracing the very cause of their plight. To understand Mjan was to understand one who has made the first step in closing a feud between generations. He knew he had to be careful, to tred lightly, or perhaps he ever thought things way too much. He shook his head, trying to curb his worries. Master Aira seemed to care less of the age old feud between his kind and her Order, and more about who he was as a being. Still, after the display upon Felucia, he slightly worried even himself. He was young, inexperienced, and despite the generations of his Order, he was fighting the very nature than ran through his blood.

Setting aside his self doubt, Mjan began to focus upon the marble again, levitating the small object before his golden gaze, wondering if he could distract himself with another object. Still holding his thoughts upon the marble, feeling the Force swirling around his arm at a constant rate, he turned his gaze toward the foot of his bunk. There upon the lockbox sat the porcelain cup of tea he had let grow cold next to its pot with some steam still managing to rise from its curved spout. Reaching out with his hand, he felt the Force begin to swirl about it and reach toward the small cup. To his surprise, it lifted as easily as the marble, though some tea did manage to spill over its rim. A chuckle erupted from Mjan's amazement.

Just as he let the cup back down, a small knock came upon his door, Master Aira's voice offered her presence, and as he went to rise up from his position, the door opened with little more than a singular thought coming from him, causing him to pause mid rise as the marble still hovered before him between his gaze and Aira. With a smiling, yet shocked upon his face as he realized he had opened the door with a simple thought, all he was able to muster was a youthful "Um...".

"It was more of a reactive thought." Mjan spoke in reply, a somewhat soft chuckle in his words as he scooted toward the end of the bed, his attentive gaze falling upon Aira as she came in. He could see the seriousness of her face, and heard it in her tone as she began to speak, causing Mjan to wonder what exactly happened after they went their seperate ways. As the lights brightened up the room, she would see the concern written upon his crimson face and golden gaze staring back at her, nodding in acknowledgment that he had indeed been starved of current events outside the Tsis Empire.

As she gathered her own cup of tea, Mjan poured another for himself, bringing the cup up to his nostrils and breathing in deep the sent of jasmine and mint, taking a singular sip slowly as to not burn his tongue as she began her tale in an attempt to catch him up. She may have been a soldier during it all, but as she spoke, Mjan could tell that the Jedi part of her echoed in her voice. Not a single hint of hate or vengeance loosed from her tongue. Only that of hope, sadness, and empathy flowed forth. And behind his concern, Mjan smiled at the notion. She was truly a kind and gentle soul to have faced all of this and came out unchanged in that aspect at least. He knew all too well, even for his former Order, how war could change a person.

Yet as she spoke of the Sith, their secrets and reemergance known well to him, Mjan's gaze shifted in sorrow. It was true that he was Tsis despite being a Sorcerer of Tund, and they had played a part in the Order's power upon their return. It was a part his Order had played well actually, training those of Kissai in their ways to keep hidden from the Sith Order. Some of those Mjan knew personally had joined the Order upon completion of their training. Even now, it continues, and Mjan hated that it did, even if it was done out of the need for survival. There was shame in his heart over this as she continued.

"I understand Master." He spoke as the comm ended and she poised him a question. "I will leave the decision up to you Aira. But I happen to agree with you. As one of the Tsis, I know of the Sith Order's power. It is my kin that fill the numbers of their rank, even some those whom I grew up in the Sorcerer's of Tund and those of the Kissai and Massassi that were trained by my former Order. And as a former member, I feel that I should stand against the tide that was created by it."

Mjan sighed for a brief moment, taking in what he was feeling and letting his mind process everything before he too finished the now cooled tea. Her words earlier that day say in his mind, her offer for him to join the Fleet, and now, her tale of what his kin and their Masters had done flowed through his thoughts as well. He needed to redeem himself, not only as a Tsis, but now as a Jedi whom worked willingly to aid the Sith Order's rise back to power. It may not have been directly, but he chose to look the other way as his father and the other Elders trained Kissai and Massassi alike in order to hide themselves. He knew they had joined the Order, but he never knew of their plans, and in that part, he played right into their hands. Now he had the chance to do something about it, and he would not let it pass by. "I would also like to follow your path as a soldier and stand beside you in the the war that is likely to follow. Would you permit me to, Master?

((Forgive me if it got confusing. Got a bit of a sinus headache with it being cold and wet from all this rain and the cold frosts that have followed here lately.))

Mjan smiled as he handed his tea cup over and stood up to meet his Master. It was all moving so fast for him, yet in his heart, he felt that it was the best for him. Mjan had always been one of patience, stuck inside the Temple on Krayiss II day in and day out with very little to do except mantras and training. But now that he had came into the open galaxy, he felt the need to experience it as it came to him. So this new pace stood to be a welcomed one. "Thank you Master Aira. I welcome this challenge.

As the two headed out, Mjan grabbed his things and, as before, was quickly on the heels of Aira, his form somewhat towering her own. As they headed toward the hangar, Mjan took in the information she offered, questions beginning to gather about the GA and Jedi fleets, and what stood to be the difference between the two as a Jedi among them would be concerned. Yet, he remained silent, even after they arrived aboard the Sanare. In truth, Mjan was slightly distracted by the ongoings around him and what it meant to be a Soldier and a Jedi that he never beheld a chance to even poise his questions.

As the two came to the Bridge of the Sanare, Mjan's gaze shifted about the massive command center in amazement. The previous ship they had visited was similar, but this one felt more alive and structured as it prepared its self. Nodding as Aira introduced herself and him, the red skin and barbed facial features of his Tsis heritage still standing out despite him growing more use to their acceptance, Mjan simply stood aside as a bystander of the moment. His Master was his lead.

Mjan sat in silence as the two discussed details of a mission to rescue an Empress, his knowledge of the Imperial Remnant limited to only what Aira had told him. As was the same with the Galactic Alliance and Jedi Order. But the Sith he did know. One of the few perks of being a member of their species, even if he knew most of it to false propaganda released by the Order whom took up the name and titles of our forefathers.

"Forgive me, Masters." Mjan interrupted, his golden eyes shifting eye contact between the two. "Before we can even plan a rescue mission, we'll need to figure out her location. And the best bet there is to contact the Imperial Remnant... is that what you called them Master Aira? Then we can plan our strategy out from there and act accordingly. If the Sith Order do have her, then they will be expecting something either way."

Mjan felt slightly embarrassed by stepping up and interrupting like he did. But he also felt the need to place his input in the discussions, especially if he was going to follow his Master's own tutelage. After all, three viewpoints were always better than two, and with his knowledge as a member of the Tsis species, his input would be valuable if only to aid their own. A life was at stake here, and her importance seemed to outweigh the risk. They needed to tread carefully in the decisions, including Mjan.

Mjan smiled as Aira's words entered his mind telepathically, a skill he has felt before from some of the Elders of his former Order, including his Father. He would have thought the feeling of another would be awkward, if not violating, but Aira's presence seemed belonging, almost comfortable, as her thoughts echoed within his mind. And this pleased him even more, as it stood as testimony to how far he has came with her guidance. But as the other Knight left the room, something about her brashness did not quite sit well with him.

"Master Aira," Mjan conversed outloud after Adenna's departure. "I understand the need to gather our allies, especially considering the threat of the Sith Order and my Tsis brethren. But I have some reserves on this mission. It feels political rather than a rescue." Mjan was new, however, and he wondered if he was merely reading things the wrong way.

Still, it seemed that he and his Master had a mission to do. Whomever this Knight Sarna seemed to have connections to the Imperial Remnant while Master Aira held connections to the Galactic Alliance through her former life as a Republic Soldier and former student of Onderin Starlisk. So it seemed that their mission entailed gathering Intel through them. Mjan guessed he would learn on the fly, just as his Master seemed to have. With a smile he questioned... "So where do we begin?"

Mjan nodded as Master Aira tried to address his reservations, understanding the roles Jedi seemed to play amidst the Galactic governments and alliances, much like his own among the Tsis species. Kissai were priests, and were considered religious leaders and looked to for guidence, much like the Jedi. However, his reservations weren't about their roles in the upcoming mission, but of the reasons behind it. Stepping aboard the turbolift behind his Master, Mjan leaned against its railing.

"It just feels more about the Alliances rather than the Empress herself..." Mjan spoke, trying to figure out the right wording to express his concerns, warranted or not. It's not that he distrusted this Knight, Adenna Alluyen, as he had merely just met her. But it concerned him that she seemed more concerned with Aira's Galactic Alliance contacts as well as the other Knight, Sarna, and her connections to the Imperial Remnant than that of the Empress, even as he remembered the original comm before their flight over. "Perhaps it's because I am new to the Order and haven't quite grasped the full extent of a Jedi's role, but a life is a life, and i feel this mission wouldnt be taking place had this Empress not been the Imperial Remnant Empress."

Mjan felt slightly embarrassed as he sat in silence after speaking. He realized that he was indeed new and really held no experience in the role he had freely chose for himself under Master Aira's tutelage. But this was why he voiced himself to her, seeking her guidence to quell his inner voice should he be understanding things wrongly. Aira was his Master, and now Senior Officer, and he respected her words and thoughts above all else. Her wisdom was what he sought, even as his golden gaze remained upon her own.

"I understand Master." Mjan replied, his gaze shifting downward in thought. Her words made sense. This was indeed war, especially for Mjan, as his singular choice to become a Jedi as a member of the Tsis had been but the first stepping block toward it both within himself and those who, if any, chose to come after him. And in war, no matter how hard one tried, loss of life could not be deterred, even in those you chose to save. It was pure luck of the draw, fate and destiny, convergence, however you sought to look at it. But either way, it always led to the same singular point; you could not save everyone. A smile returned to his face and Mjan turned his gaze back to Aira. "I thank you for your words of wisdom and guidance."

"As for the code, it was actually a stimulating read and I could understand most of the complexity, yet simplistic wording of its mantras by comparing it to my own experiences." Mjan spoke, the young Tsis geeking out for a moment in sudden outburst of interest. "In the first, I understood the reason behind casting aside emotion and focusing more on inner peace as it settles not only the mind, but the spirit as well. And knowledge is a fundamental building block for the Jedi Order, especially in a Padawan such as myself. It's the only way one grows. As for passion and serenity, I had to look toward my display back at Felucia to understand its concept. While passion in something could be a good thing..." Mjan tilted his head in slight embarrassment, "It can also become a bad thing if one let's it consume them. This why one must attach a serene mind to calm it."

"However..." Mjan sighs deeply remembering that he failed to truly grasp the other two mantra meanings. He felt the first was meant for a Youngling, as it felt closely related to opening one's self up to the Force. And he felt the second was meant to teach that everything in life was a lesson to learn, a guiding principle for the Younglings to follow as they began their life as a Jedi and well into it. As for the third, he felt it was more pointed toward Padawans such as him, meant to remind them of their purpose as Jedi and deter them from disappointments. But the last two he could not fully comprehend. This is why he wished to speak to Aira on the subject. "I had trouble understanding the last two of the Jedi Code's Mantras. Chaos and Harmony, Death and the Force. Perhaps it's because I have no experience with them, or haven't came far enough to grasp at an understanding." His gaze shifted back toward Aira once more, just as the lift arrived. "What are your takes on the Jedi Code and its Mantras, especially the last two?"

• 2 weeks later...

Mjan stayed quietly in thought as they departed the lift and began their trek down the hallway, attentively listening to Aira's words as they walked. He was beginning to see the picture that was being painted before him, a portrait known as the Jedi Order and what it stood for. "I believe I'm beginning to see what you mean. We, as Jedi, are but scholars of the Force. Through finding inner peace within ourselves, understanding its knowledge with a serene mind and heart, it allows us to harmonize ourselves with its will and understand the nature of the Force." Mjan spoke just as they reached the comm center.

Following her lead, Mjan's boots clanked as he grasped the railing and took the few steps upward into the centralized room. His gaze shifted about for a few moments as he considered this discovery, whether it stood as truth or as a desperate grasp at an understanding by a Padawan. But to him, it seemed to fit. The Force was part of nature, neither light nor dark. But as with any nature, there was as much good as there was bad. Take Felucia for example. Beautiful, serene, and lush. But parts of the planet was dangerous, either by fauna or foliage, a balance of light and dark, life and death. Such was the Force, and subsequently, Jedi and Sith. While the Jedi seemed to rather follow it's natural course, the Sith seemed to want to dominate it. It was an interesting concept to say the least.

As they waited for the Communications Officer to make contact with the man Aira had mentioned, Mjan tugged at his Master's shoulder to gain her attention briefly. "Is it due to the Sith's tendency to dominate, that the Jedi have developed into protectorates, ensuring that a balance is maintained?"

• 2 weeks later...

As Aira conversed with the Lieutenant, Mjan's face turned to a scorn look as he thought upon her words. Would the Jedi still be protectorates had the Sith never existed? Surely that would be left to the Governing Bodies that stood up for those under its rule. Or would power still corrupt, as he had seen with the Jedi that fell to the darkside in the history of his own people and became like Gods to the Tsis. It was a very confusing thought to be honest, and the what if aspect would only lead to more that held no precedence nor tangible thought as he himself was the very evidence that they existed. It was futile and pointless.

Noticing Master Aira's motion, Mjan nodded toward the Lieutenant and himself departed behind his Master, though he was beginning to notice as sense of panic... no, more like worryiment from his Master's presence. Rather, that he could tell as the walked along the corridor, the long silence that lingered until she spoke. He smiled despite the worrying look in her eyes, knowing that if she cared this much for all her comrades, then she was a fine Master indeed to undergo such a tutelage as he was. He was beginning to truly find himself home among her and her Orders.

"Dont fret Master Aira. I'm sure we will hear from him soon." I spoke with a smile, not only to clear her mind should any doubt be in place, but an odd feeling he held that let him know the Admiral still had a part to play in the upcoming battles. Just then his stomach growled. With a laugh, his red cheeks flushed even redder in embarrassment. "I guess my stomach agrees with you. We have only time to pass for the moment, and what better way to do so with a meal and some training to ready ourselves for what lays ahead."

• 2 weeks later...

As Aira and Mjan entered the enlisting area, Mjan noticed a slight startle coming from one of the Officers. It wasn't a very noticable one, simple tremble of the hands and gaping eyes settling upon Mjan as he stood there. But it soon flowed away with the passing breeze as Aira handed Mjan the formal paperwork to fill out as the Officer's disbelievement finally settled. Mjan simply looked at the man and smiled as he sat down and began filling out the necessary forms. Most of it was mundane questions, such as place of birth, name, birth date, next of kin, etc. But some of it perplexed the Tsis, such as a rudimentary questionnaire asking the simplest of scenarios, and Mjan answered as honest and as best to his ability before he stood up and handed Aira the forms. After a few initials here and there with a couple of signatures required and fingerprinting done, it was filed away and Mjan was given his kit. In truth, as mundane as it was for most, the excitement in the air around Mjan was almost electrifying in density.

"Thank you 'sir." Mjan spoke as he returned the handshake and turned his smiling face toward the kit where he withdrew a set of tags from within, embedded with his name date of birth, rank, and ID number. Grasping them in his hand, one could almost swear there were tears in his eyes and he placed them around his neck in proud display. Turning back to the man, Mjan could only utter. "I can only hope I prove to be such."

As his gaze caught Aira, the two departed with her at the lead, Mjan still grasping the kit before he tucked it away under his left arm and followed her down the halls. Once they arrived at the Mess Hall, the atmosphere only grew more luxurious. Aira dragged Mjan about the hall, introducing him as many of his fellow Officers as she could, most having already heard of the Tsis recruit through the grapevine originating at the enlistment office and most of the ship having grown abuzz of having a Sith among their ranks. Mjan had never known such acceptance, and in those moments, he felt like he had finally found his place as he answered questions about his race, why he wasn't as dark as his brethren, and most importantly, where he saw his future among them. Though hard questions, he answered them as best he could with likely the biggest grin he had ever shown. Truly he was welcomed completely. There was even one Officer who tried to steal him from Aira's Apprenticeship, but Mjan politely decline.

"Never have had the luxury, I'm afraid." Mjan replied to Aira as the scene began to finally die down and Mjan took the last few bites of the stew. Truly, Mjan was happy. And it was evident as he drove his fork into the piece of cake she slide his way. Through the mouthful of cake he tasted, only a few words were audible. "Oh my..... this....delicious."

After a little while longer within the cafeteria, Mjan and Aira were finally able to escape, the joyous sounds still lingering in the background as Mjan laughed and followed his Master once again. His belly full, his cheeks hurting from the laughter and smiling he had done for the last hour or so, he found himself content with his decision. He had truly made the right choice and he found himself absorbing the reality of it as Aira led him to a training room. As he listened and watched, his confidence bolstered by the previous encounter of the mess hall, he wasted no time attempting.

Mjan closed his eyes but for a moment, remembering the training from before and how well the Force flowed through him and around him, and in doing so, turned the focus inward. He could feel its flow through his veins, his muscles, his thoughts, and it became him. Opening his eyes, Mjan looked up and took a leap just as Aira did. It was an amazing feeling. It felt almost too good to be true, the whole day did actually. And as Mjan attempted to replicate Aira's actions, his felt that the ease of going up was not so well mimicked coming down and tumbled into a roll as the tips of his feet landed upon the flooring.

As Aira motioned away across the room, Mjan focused upon her words. It was a concept he had thought upon many times before, the application of the Force upon the body and through it, finding the ability to strengthen one's form and hasten their movements. But never did he truly think it was in the realm of possibilities. Thos revelation was quite a fascinating thought. Trying again, Mjan sprung upward toward the beams above him.

The first few times were similar as before as Mjan attempted to grasp at Aira's words in thought. But each time he either fell flat upon his face and temporarily knocking the wind from his lungs, or he managed to catch himself briefly, and falling into a roll rather than flat upon the floor. Yet, unbeknownst to him at the time, his continuation only strengthened his connection, and each time he grew better and better at landing, even growing faster and stronger in his movements.

Growing tired in his exercises, sweat dripping from his brow and stinging his eyes, Mjan lept one last time. As he did, a drop of sweat flew into both of his eyes, momentarily blinding him as he let go of the beam without thought save for wiping his eyes. Before he made the realization the he once again stood solidly upon the floor below him, the Force reacted naturally upon his will and slowed his descent as if he simply stepped down a singular step of a staircase.

Realizing what had transpired, his gaze shifted toward Aira and what she held, her words etched upon his mind and the realization that through persistence and allowing its will to flow through him, that her words rang more truth than he even had realized. And if she planned to do what he now suspected, he would soon find out even more possibilities. At this thought, Mjan simply grinned.

Mjan took the bamboo stick in hand, noticing its weight centered more toward the hilt to try and mimic that of a lightsaber. But in truth, he had never really held a blade in his life, as the Sorcerer's of Tund were pacifists, and the only training he had ever received to defend himself was a sole wooden stick. Now that was something he was proficient at. The only reason he knew how the stick he held mimicked a lightsaber was that once, as a child, a passing Tsis that had ventured among their group had once let him hold it. Mjan remembered the lingering cold that emanate from it, its touch churning his stomach, and that his Father had immediately grasped it from his hands and returned it to his owner. For a moment as Mjan grew to gain a feel for the bamboo stick, swinging it back and forth, he pondered if the Tsis knew of its effects upon him so long ago, a test of his sensitivity, but quickly shook it from his mind as his Master took her stance.

Mjan took point across from her, placing his weight balanced upon both feet just as she did, though it was obvious that he favored more weight toward his front foot that his back. Still, he tried his best to mimicking her positioning as best he could. As she went on explaining the six zones of defense or body target zones as they were called, Mjan remembered reading of them back on Felucia. But the three rings of awareness was something that Mjan was not familiar with. Still he listened attentively. Taking each posture she showed, Mjan, taking her knowledge and applying it to memory. Nodding as she spoke, he continued, focusing solely on retaining muscle memory rather than visual as he had always been one to learn by doing rather than seeing, something he felt they both shared.

As the hours passed, Mjan did as instructed, repeating the formwork until he felt that he could do them in his sleep. His muscles ached, evident by the shaking of his legs with each movement of his feet as he parried and lunged. Feeling as his legs would surely give out, Mjan stood and found a nearby seat, massaging his calves and thighs as Aira began to collect the bamboo sticks and place them aside. His thoughts ran amuck through-out her teachings of the day, and a few questions did wonder across his mind as he relaxed his form upon the bench. "Thank you Master." He jested despite the ache of his legs and arms. "In all honesty, I could probably spend the rest of the day simply sitting here." Mjan chuckled. "But that wouldn't be very productive."

"Tell me Master. I read that lightsabers are extensions of our thoughts, fueled by our desire to wield them, and in turn, are drawn to others when activated. Is there any truth to this?" Mjan poised with sincere curiosity, remembering back to his studies on the subject at Felucia with what little access he had been granted at the time, supposedly a quote from a Jedi during the early days of the Empire, a survivor of Order Sixty-Six. "And if so, is there one solely based on defense of the Jedi and those he or she chooses to protect?"

• Pinckz featured and unfeatured this topic

Mjan sat there in silence as he took in her words and saw the wisdom within them. Her knowledge and thoughts seemed to let her heart within the matter flow as elegant as her skill within the Force, and something that Mjan himself hoped to one day retain. As he sat there, he took the time to massage and relax his muscles, focusing his breathing patterns and calming his mind and body. He felt at peace, tranquil and serene, and her soft tone seemed to only settle him more. Much like an older sibling or Mother would have toward their child in a manner of speaking. But Mjan had never thought to be here this day, let alone have a Master to help guide him down this path. Noticing her own exhaustion, when she finally spoke about meeting the next morning, Mjan simply smiled and nodded his head in agreement.

As the two departed, he took with him the words of which she had spoken along with the notes she had given him. In truth, his own form was exhausted, and despite the massage he had given himself, he still ached in each step that he took. He felt hungry to be honest, and considered a quick detour toward the cafeteria for a quick snack, but decided against it as he turned toward his room, rathering a quick hop into the refresher and an early approach to sleep. The day had really taken a toll upon him, but he suspected that it would have given his life before the Jedi Order. Combat training was a minimal requirement among the Sorcerer's of Tund, and given his newly acquired touch in the Force, he was drained more than usual.

As he entered his room, Mjan went about his usual habits. First he enjoyed a warm moment in the refresher after changing out of his attire, and as he dried off, he made a pot of tea to help take the edge off before he settled into bed with the cup of tea in hand. Remembering her words as he looked over the notes she had given him, he wondered of what form would fit him best. Aira had mentioned Soresu, a form focused on defense and developed during an era of when blasters became a wide response to lightsabers, so he understood her mentioning of it. It provided the skills of defending both blasters and lightsabers and was a truly defensive form given the philosophy of the Jedi. Perhaps this was the one for him once it came time to train using lightsabers.

It seemed to fit, at least, in his mind. But given how tired he was, he wondered if he was thinking too much into it or was even capable of thinking clearly at this point. Slowly he could feel the lids of his eyes beginning to weigh, but he kept on reading and pondering, hoping he could find the answer. Yet, he also knew that he had time to truly invest in his eventual decision. It may have been the excitement of the day, but he couldn't turn his mind off, even as he slipped deep into the realm of dreams without knowledge, laying alone within his room, wrapped only in a towel with the tea still cupped in his hand next to the datapad containing the notes upon his chest.

When Mjan awoke early in the hours of that next morning, he lifted to find the cup of tea he had been holding had tilted and spilt over his chest and down onto his sheets. Quickly jumping up, he noticed the datapad was miraculously unharmed, sending a feeling of relief through his mind. His sheets and robes however, weren't so lucky and he sighed in distraught. He knew he was tired the night before, but he could have sworn he had sat the cup aside during his reading. Looking out the viewport of his room, Mjan saw the sun beginning to peak over the horizon of the looming planet below. Thankfully he still had about an hour or so to meet up with Aira, and just maybe, he had enough time to bring his clothes to the laundry for a quick wash.

But what would he wear in doing so? There was no way he would get away with a simple towel. And if Aira happened to be up and about, Mjan cringed at the thought of the embarrassment he would feel over his Master catching him in such an act. Lowering his head in disbelief, his gaze managed to fall upon the dog tags he had been given and it struck him like a bantha. The Kit! There was a uniform inside! Nearly stumbling as he hopped across his bed, Mjan raced to open it. And sure enough, there laid the freshly pressed dress blues of the Jedi Navy.

They were similar to typical Jedi Robes, but more uniform, with spots to hold the Lieutenant stripes upon its sleeves and were adorned with buttons and cufflinks brandishing the Jedi Insignia. To be honest, Mjan thought they looked quite nice, better than his own in fact. Quickly adorning them, Mjan drew ready to make his way toward the Laundry, adorning his pauldron armor atop the dress blues as he did with his own robes as he gathered his robes and the staining sheets before exiting his room. After quickly dropping his laundry off at the wash, Mjan decided to grab a quick bite to eat before he headed to meet Aira, taking in the morning scenery as he strolled toward the cafeteria. As the sun began to crescent over the planet's horizon, the windows dimmed to darken the brightening light and radiation. Still amazed at the sights he was seeing, Mjan couldn't help but smile.

When he arrived at the cafeteria, Mjan ordered his food which mainly consisted of eggs, sausage, and toasted bread with a side of fruit, and chose to sit by himself. Pouring himself a cup of caf and topping it off with a squirt of milk and a spoon of sugar, Mjan began his meal. And when he finished, he simply sat there and enjoyed his cup of caf as his gaze shifted about those whom entered and exited, gaining a sense of belonging as he went largely unnoticed in his dress blues. Oddly enough though, as he finished his cup of caf and went to put up his dishes in the wash bin, his thoughts wondered a moment toward home before straying briefly to the mention of his half brother. Curious as to why it came up now of all times, Mjan stood there in thought for a few moments before exiting.

With just a few moments to spare, Mjan arrived back at the training area that he and Aira had taken over for most of the afternoon. Sitting down, he closed his eyes and began to focus on the Force that flowed around him. Trying a application he thought up, he reached out toward the bamboo sticks they used yesterday, pulling three of them toward himself and rotating them around him. 

Hearing Aira's voice, Mjan smiled and opened his eyes to see his Master enter the room and greeted him. Setting aside the bamboo sticks and releasing his grasp upon them as she spoke, Mjan rose to his feet, brushing out the wrinkles that had began to collect upon his uniform with his hands. "Morning to you as well, Master Aira."

It was obvious to him that she was well rest and ready to get back to training, and so was he. He had been thinking over her suggestion, and given her better knowledge of such things, he was going to take it. Following her lead, they exited the training room and began the distant trek toward the shuttle area. Many wouldn't think such a walk would take such a length of time to cover it, and even Mjan would agree that it seemed to take little time to traverse it. But the truth was that it took longer than most could understand. Mjan, though, throughly enjoyed moments like this. It was serene moments with an occassional glimpse of beauty found outside the viewpoints. He was sure seeing another ship outside was mundane for most, but for Mjan, it was still new and he took it all in, even the small wait that awaited them in the hangar as they awaited transport to Borleias below.

But Borleias was nearly more than he could take in once they arrived upon the planet below. During the trip down, Mjan had took the time to read over the data chip that Aira had given, but most of what he read was on the Form III, the form she had suggested. Stepping outside the ship, the sun beamed down upon his red skinned features, its warm touch a welcoming feeling. While aboard the ship, where lighting was limited and the air cold and recycled, Borleias' natural atmosphere was true and welcoming. He took a moment to take the planet in, feeling it not only through his natural senses, but feeling it through the Force as well, Mjan beginning to take every moment he could to touch upon it mysticism as to know it as a second nature. And as they entered the refugee camp, Mjan noticed the changes, even if subtle.

While there was hope for new life and joy that life remained, Mjan could also still feel the lingering disdain and anger that most held closely for what they were going through. And in truth, Mjan knew he was incapable of blaming them. To have spent your entire lives building one, to know nothing but what you knew, and to have it all uprooted and destroyed in a single moment, all were reasonable responses and emotions. After all, Mjan knew a similar feeling, but it was by his own choice and he held no regret in it. But for these refugees, it was different, there was no choice. Just like on Felucia and aboard the ship, the Force and the air around them echoed of it.

So when Aira posed her question, Mjan had to think hard and long upon an answer before he finally gathered his thoughts enough to offer one. With an ache upon his heart, evident by his facial expression, he answered. "This is the darkside, Master, a continuation of it's never ending cycle. A peddle of chaos cast into the pond of life and its ripples ever flowing through each life it connects with. A war started, a world destroyed, lives dislocated or lost, anger and disdain festers in the heart, and eventually, the cycle repeats in one form or fashion. And at the head of the snake, the one who cast the pebble into the pond, lingers whispers of my own kin and those that bare our namesake. Just as it has happened within my own people as time turns forever forward." It was a cryptic message to be certain, but it was the best Mjan could offer at the moment as the Force around him echoed its pain and tempted his own.

• 2 weeks later...

Her rebuttal was a quick one, but solid. Mjan contemplated his words as much as hers. It was a very difficult question to answer, and being new to the Order, he felt he may not have the answer. His brow furrowed and his red hand reached up to his tentacled chin and his stroked them in deep thought. How could one stop ripples in a pond without draining the water, especially in the metaphoric aspect of life. There would always be as much darkness as there would be light, as much evil as good, and only the individual heart would decide one's alignment. This much he knew from observations within his own ilk.

Shifting his eyes in sorrow as he gazed upon those walking about, he felt deep sincerity for them, wishing he could help them all. But he was only one being, and them many. But he began to notice the others that were about helping, ranging from medical techs, to Jedi healers, and even to fellow sentiments, all in attempt to recover, and it struck him. It was so simple, yet as complex as understanding the bond of the Force and of nature. Yet, it was symbolic even in such a simple thing as a singular pond. His gaze shifted back to Aira.

"We must be blades of grass..." He finally spoke, the realization of it echoing in his voice. "A pond without grass ripples about until it calms, but plant a thousand blades of grass into the soil of the pond, and ripples become less effective and almost non-existant as each blade deflects and lessens the ripples' affect upon the pond's surface."

Mjan smiled and nodded as she praised his answer, his bright white teeth bright amidst the crimson toned hue of his skin's color as they continued their walk, his hands finding themselves at ease behind his back. Mjan took in her words much like a plant soaking up nutrients, needing her teachings and learning from her words. In truth, plants were one of the few things that Mjan knew very well, his time amongst his fellow members of Tund often spent studying them and using their medicinal uses to aid those who sought them out. This is why he was able to grasp the concepts she was throwing his way so easily now. That, and he had grown quite a lot under her tutelage, so much so that even he was beginning to see it.

"I believe I'm understanding what you're getting at Master Aira," Mjan spoke briefly as they came to a stop. "Using the metaphoric pond, to stem off the ripples of the Darkside, requires a balance of defenders. But with any plant, some will begin to pull too much nutrients from the soil in which they're planted, causing great harm to the others own intake. Naturally, a couple of die off and allow the balance of nutrients to return, sometimes the one who began to pull too much. Like the blades of grass, we have to watch our intake of nutrients to ensure the survival of all, or give ourselves to the others to ensure the pond remains, lest we all perish and the pond becomes barren once again."

Mjan wondered if his explanation made as much sense to her as she hoped that hers did to him. But in truth, both held a mutual understanding of what the other had meant to say. And the message was simple. Be ever vigilant of darkness, both around you and within you, a lesson Mjan remembered from Felucia when it came so easily to him. It was a lesson well learnt and would never be forgotten. And just as Mjan motioned to continue walking, he felt himself grabbed by Aira, her words and movements catching him off guard. Recovering, his own gaze followed hers toward a humble family just a few yards away. Blinking as he focused upon them, he noticed an Elderly woman, a Couple, and a child. The elderly woman appeared to be the grandmother of the child, consoling the young one in a warm embrace despite her own frailty while the couple, the mother likely being the elder's own daughter, joined in. Slowly Mjan began his approach, taking course over Aira's words to help them.

Mjan placed a soft hand upon the Elder woman's back and one upon the man's as he made his interruption, a slight sense of fear arising in them at his appearence, yet he paid little heed to it. Aira said to help them and that was what he planned to do. Introducing himself as Padawan Sadow, Mjan knelt down between them as he outstretched his crimson hand toward the child and questioned as to why she was crying. The Elder woman proceeded to tell him of their arrival here to the camp and of their things being lost during their transit from the ship above to where they now stood, most notably a doll that once belonged to her own grandmother and had been recently passed down to her own granddaughter. Mjan now understood why Aira had sent him to them, his own family history not resembling their's in the slightest. Yet, Mjan had already put it in his head that he would venture out to find this child's doll. Rising, Mjan patted the child's head with a smile and turned toward the family which seemed to grow ecstatic as he spoke with them and before he departed back toward Aira, the elderly woman grasped Mjan tightly in a hug that even he was surprised by, his grip tighter than he had suspected in which he nearly toppled over into.

"You right Master. I can help them." Mjan spoke to Aira after returning, slight moisture in his eyes as he blinked to clear them. "They lost a few items during entry over the jungles to the northwest and despite being offered reimbursement, have lost a invaluable family heirloom and no one will set out to find it. I told them that I was planning to head out that way anyways and I would see if I couldn't locate the item for them while I concluded my business in the Jungles." Mjan's gaze shifted toward Aira as a smile crept upon his face. "Feel like taking a hike Master? The Jungles could provide excellent training grounds."

Mjan chuckled...

Mjan's face fell flat and emotionless upon hearing Aira's words of her not joining him, and in truth, a sense of fear slowly slipped into his subconscious as he pondered wondering about upon this unknown planet alone and without her guidance. But he pushed aside those linger fears and saw the truth behind them. If he was truly to become a Jedi and grow as one, he needed to venture out as one and learn to stretch his own roots, not leech off another and become dependent. He needed to grow into his own and he could see this in Aira's eyes as he took hold of the cylindrical object she handed him.

"A lightsaber?" He questioned, his eyes shifting over the object as he spun and twisted it between his fingers, looking over its practical yet elegant design until he found the activation switch and igniting it, a likely common occurrence for all Padawans whom are first handed such a weapon. As the training saber hummed within his left hand, he could feel the heated hue coursing across his skin with a humble warmth even as the feeling of onlookers met his mind, some looking on in fear as others looked on in as much awe as he shared. Feeling it best, he deactivated it and clipped it to his hip, nodding in accordance with his Master's wishes. "As you wish Master. I will return once the task is completed." 

And with that Mjan set off on his adventure....

Upon his way out of the camp, Mjan stopped at a small tent placed near the camp's outskirts set up for the many refugees to gather medicine, rations, and other necessary supplies to refill his own. He didn't know how far he would have to walk or how long he would be gone, so he felt it was best he gathered at least enough for a few weeks. Most of it was basic supplies, such as a field kit, rations, water, a lamp, and a couple of power cells. Satisfied he had enough for the journey, he gazed back once more toward the encampment before shifting the weight of his satchel and disappearing into the misty fog that lingered outside the jungles, his only guidence being what he took with him: The Force.

((Post 1 of 4))

((Legal Double Post))

And so Mjan's journey had began. Hours would become days, days would become weeks, and weeks would eventually turn into a full lunar cycle as he traversed the wilderness of Borleias. The first few days felt like a leisurely stroll, his enjoyment evident as he carried out his task with a joyful grin, taking a moment here and there to take in the sights and sounds that surrounded him in all directions. And in truth, he found himself awestruck. His life before as a Sorcerer of Tund never beheld such sights or tasks, the simple life as it were. But here, even on a planet such as Borleias, life was fully bloomed and circulated about like a raging river. Even as he delved into the Force to gather simple direction, he felt as if it would almost carry him away in current.

But after a few weeks of trekking through the vast jungles, using the skills within the Force that Aira had instructed him, Mjan began to grow discouraged. Opening up his mind and body to the Force that flowed around him, Mjan called upon its momentum and as he bent his legs, and shoved off the ground high into the air. Reaching his hand outward, he grasped at a vine and swung himself higher into the canopy until he could look toward the looming mountains and across the valley that laid between them. He felt he was getting close. But the filth that covered his form and the aches that penetrated his bones only deterred his will to continue. For all he knew, Aira would likely assume him lost or dead by now, his comm unit lost to the murky depths of a bog he crossed a few days back.

"No, Mjan." He spoke harshly to himself as he wiped the sweat that headed down the spurs that grew from his brows. "Just because something feels impossible doesn't make it so. Look at yourself. You're a Jedi Padawan of the Tsis species. You are the walking proof that anything is possible. And you gave your word."

Mjan thanked the Force that no one was around to here him speak to himself, especially given his appearence. But he could not quit. He knew he was close. He just had to push forward a little bit longer, even if it felt impossible to find such a needle in a haystack. Calming his mind, Mjan stepped forward off the limb upon which he stood and gathered the Force around his form as he slowed his descent to the floor below. Aira had taught him well, the many applications he was learning to grasp having came from her telling him to test himself. But even skill could never truly replace good old experience.

Just a few steps away that Mjan walked toward laid a washout that had long been covered, a cavern below it that gaped open beneath it, and a dark hidden lake of water that ran beneath the mountains ahead for miles. And in his tired state, Mjan took a drastic step that plummeted him directly into this place. With no communications or a means to get out the way he came in, Mjan held little chance of escape save for going forward. Only problem here was that only his rations now remained along with the training saber that Aira had granted him.

((Post 2 of 4))

As he felt the cold rush of the water envelope his form, he struggled to reach its surface against the current that dragged at him. As his gaze and face shifted upward out of the water, he gasped for air as the raging current sent him deep into the caverns beneath the mountains, and covering what felt like miles in mere minutes. It took all that Mjan had to keep his head above water as he was washed away and to keep from bashing his skull and breaking bones along the way as he was swept into the large lake beneath the mountains. With one more sudden drop, Mjan felt the calmness of his destination in the darkness just as panic and fear took hold of him.

Darkness, it was a fickle thing, a place of fear and panic for the light hearted, and an embracing hug for the corrupt. It could bring out the worst in one's heart, or calm one who understood it. But for Mjan, it was both. As his head emerged from the depths of the lake, gasping and choking upon water and air, there was nothingness. His heart beat echoed within the cavern's chamber as he stared into the darkness, weary and unknowing of what laid before him or beneath him. And yet, at the same time, he found himself cool, the mineral water tasting great as it slide down his throat in between coughs and gasps of air. Trying to remain calm, Mjan began to swim forward as he searched for the shallower end.

What felt like an eternity only lasted for minutes as he swam forward, his clawed hand finally grasping at rock and his ability to pull himself from the water. Feeling a bit safer, Mjan grabbed for the training saber that Aira had granted him and ignited it as he inspected his surroundings. He was indeed upon the lake's shore, and his satchel empty save for the few remaining portions of rations he had left.... about a week at best. But the darkened cavern seemed to stretch as far as the eye could see, and his only sight being illuminated by the saber he held. "At least I have this..." He thought in silence to himself as he struggled to his feet against the slippery rocks and aching limbs. Mjan knew he was lost, but sitting around and dwelling upon it wouldn't get him anywhere, and so he set off following the cavern's wall.

After a few hours of more trekking, Mjan found a small crevasse within that seemed to lead upward, so Mjan took a moment to rest and gather his strength. Setting the training saber down upon the sandy floor between two rocks, he took out one of the vacuumed sealed rations and began to eat, his gaze shifting about. So far there seemed to be no life down here, or at least predatorial wise. He had been careful to open himself up to the Force and search around him for any sense of hostility. But as he gazed upon the rocky walls around him, he began to notice drawings upon them, ancient and primitive, likely of those who once inhabited Borleias in eras long past. This gave him a sense of hope that he was on the right track at least, as this proposed that there was access to the surface nearby and possibly a way out. Finishing his meal, Mjan grabbed the saber and headed upward through the crevasse, its path steep and winding as he trekked. But hope and determination had returned to him, and he would push himself as far as he could.

And indeed, after a few hours, Mjan would feel fresh salty air upon his skin as mist whipped through the cave's mouth, and in moments after, the entrance would be seen leading out onto a sandy beach that gazed upward into the starry night filled sky. Dropping to his knees, he welcomed the sight with all his heart and mind. He had finally reached the surface. But where was he? Would he even know how to find his way back to camp? He was too tired, too exhausted to even think about his promise at that moment or anything else for that matter. Without a second thought, Mjan laid down upon the dry sand and closed his eyes, letting his entire form slip away into rest as the realm of dreams took him.

((Post 3 of 4))

His eyes would flutter beneath the closed lids as he dreamt the night away, echoes of the past portraying themselves within his psyche as he laid upon the snow white sands. It was mostly visions of his own past his time as a Sorcerer of Tund, of his father, Krayiss II. But he also dreamt of what could be his future, his life as a Tsis Jedi. Images of war against his own kin plagued him, of the ever looming darkness not only amidst the Galaxy, but within himself as he fought his very nature. And before him stood his brother, or rather the Tsis' visage of what Mjan's envisionment of him was, and the ache he felt in his heart startling him awake in a drenched sweat despite the cool breeze sweeping across the salty sea he had fallen asleep next to. With a stern look upon his face, he propped his arm upon his knee and gazed out to the rising sun, his chest still aching. He wondered, lost in thought, about his brother and the life he lived among the Massassi. He would likely follow the alternate path, the path that all of their kin seem to follow. And he knew the lure that he himself faced, self evident by the ease in which he commanded the Force upon Felucia. A part of him understood why his species became so corrupted, and it was disheartening. With a sigh he stood, dusting the sand off his garments. He needed to finish his task and return to the encampment.

Mjan drew upon the Force, remembering what the family felt like, how the Force flowed through them, and sought out their signature within it. He would stretch outward across the coastline and into the mountains behind him, searching to gain not only his bearings, but with a little hope, that which he sought. He remembered reading that when a person has such an attachment with an item, no matter the insignificants to others, it left an imprint of themselves upon it. And with a little hope, the item would be such a fine. And sure enough, he felt it strongly, only a few clicks away. Despite getting lost and swept away by the underground lake, he stilled ended up in the general direction he had set out in and that meant he would be able to find his way back. Within a few hours, he had found the small doll, a figurine of their native species made from simple yarn and straw, decorated in simple clothing and locks of hair made from what appeared to be animal hair. Not far from that, Mjan also managed to stumble across a few items and clothing that belong to the family and was able to salvage some of their previous life. But now stood the true testiment of his journey, back to the encampment with only a few days ration.

Trying as he might, Mjan did indeed run out of food as he made the trek back toward camp. Days once again turned into weeks, and weeks turned into yet another lunar cycle, two as of now since he had left to be exact. But now Mjan was tired, weak, and hunger grew nearly too much to bare. Even with the aid of the Force, Mjan was only able to stave it off for minute moments at a time as he struggled to keep pushing himself forward. Thoughts of dying began to enter his mind, and regret and despair ached to set in. But Mjan fought it off, gazing occasionally at the doll and other belongings to regain his strength and push forward a little more. But even those glimmers of hope eventually began to fade and Mjan began to realize the possibility of his fate and slowly slide into the realm of acceptance. He began to know he would die before he returned with his promise. Silently he chuckled to himself, thoughts of dying a Jedi rather than the alternative bringing some closer to his end for him. And the saber clipped to his hip, did little of promise for slaying the local fauna for any nourishment, even if he sought to entertain the idea of taking a life to sustain his own. It felt wrong to even think of it, but he also knew that it was the cycle of nature, and even his carcass would soon become a part of it. 

Just as Mjan began to give up and the thought of perishing became a accepted reality, his form slumping against a tree as he gazed upon the doll in which he held in one hand and the training saber in the other as he remembered the fond time with Master Aira, a familiar hum began to approach and he thought himself delirious and crazed for a moment, he saw the approach of a patrol speeder. Igniting the blade, he used what little strength he had left to wave it in the air in hopes that he would be seen. And as they turned in his direction, the hunger and dehydration became too much for him to bare and he fell into unconsciousness and the blade falling upon the ground beside him.

Two months had passed since he departed, and when he returned, his frail form was malnutritioused and thin. But he had learnt so much about himself and his life as a Jedi, too much for it to have been written. But the journey he had taken had changed Mjan forever. He only hoped that it was for the better as he laid unconscious within the medical tent with intravenous fluids being pumped into him, his hand still grasping tightly upon the doll he had sought.

((Post 4 of 4))

Mjan's eyes began to flutter beneath their closed lids as the sounds of machines began to fade in, causing the young Tsis to open his eyes and gasp slowly at the shock of his surroundings. But his movement was hindered by a sharp piercing pain as he tried to sit up, and he fell back upon his pillow as he realized where he was. Looking over his gaze met Aira, and he smiled. Truly, the Force had it's own mysterious ways. Unknowingly, Mjan didn't realize that he had been out for almost fourty-eight hours since he was brought in, as to him, it felt like only a few minute hours of sleep. Groggy, Mjan shifted his form and began to to sit up, his hand still gripping the doll he had ventured out and sought.

"Master Aira..." Mjan spoke, his voice dry and scratchy as he opened his hand to show her the doll. "Would you make sure the girl gets the doll?" Reaching over, a slight flinch in pain as he did so, Mjan grabbed his bag as well to retrieve a few articles of clothing, a couple of holoframes, and a few assorted items he had found. "And make sure the family gets these as well. I found them near the doll."

Mjan smiled again, not revealing something that he had noticed since his waking up. He could no longer see out of his right eye.

Mjan nodded his head with a smile as Aira stood to depart, touching his mind with comforting words as she did, leaving him to his own thoughts. Laying there for a few moments, he stared upward at the tent's canvas, recalling his adventure. From the excitement of the beginning, to the underwater lake, to the beach, and then finally, the fear and acceptance of possible death. He had experienced so much, learnt well his bounds and how far to push himself past them, and finally began to grasp of what he had signed on for. And at that, he held not a single regret. But for now, he felt the need to rest and recuperate, his form still drained and weak. And so he did.

A few more days passed before Mjan stood at the foot of the cot, gathering his things and those of which he had sought out. He looked at his uniform, torn and tattered, still smiling. To some, he may have looked as if he had gone mad. But to Mjan, it was a symbol of growth, of change, and of what he stood for. And he found a sense of tranquility in the whole ordeal. Placing the ragged robes into his satchel, he exited the tent and went to find the family he ventured out for, and finding them not too far from where he first met them.

Tears filled their eyes when he came into view holding the doll, and when the little girl laid eyes upon it, she rushed into his embrace, the family not far behind her. Mjan knelt to return her embrace as he apologized for his tardiness to her parents and grandmother, revealing the other items he had managed to recover, including what was found out to be the grandmother's wedding dress as well as a picture of the grandfather whom once served the Alliance under Aira's own Master, Onderin Starlisk. When offered a reward, Mjan wouldn't hear of it, explaining that he had learnt much of himself during his voyage and that in its self was reward enough.

But the family wouldn't take no for an answer and they soon settled on sharing a meal together in celebration, likely the only sounds of joy that echoed through the encampment that evening. As the sun began to set though, Mjan politely excused himself and saying his goodbyes so that he could return to his Master and soon set off to find her. Opening himself up to the Force, he searched for her presence and found her not far herself. As he approached the tent she was near, he spoke as his gaze fell upon her visage.

"Master Aira...." His voice was joyous and humbled, a nearby fire illuminating his face and revealing the patch that covered his blind right eye. "Can we talk?"

"First off, I must apologize..." Mjan stated as he took a seat across from her upon the most soil and crossed his legs, swatting his hands across each other as he shook loose the dirt that had clung to them. "If I made you worry, I did not meant to, and for that, I am sorry." Mjan stared at Aira attentively for a moment and chuckled, allowing the air around them to lighten up slightly. "The Force obviously held other plans for me."

Mjan thought back to the beginning of his journey, the leisure hike through the kilometers of Jungle as he wandered for days in bliss, the sights, the sounds, the creatures he saw, and the way the Force swirled about effortlessly and connected with every single thing. It was an enlightening experience, and as he thought upon it, a moment a silence falling between them, a smile crept upon his face. "The first few weeks out there were amazing. I found myself truly connected to everything that I saw. The Force is truly fascinating, even when its left alone in nature, its will one of the most beautiful acts I've ever witnessed."

But now...." Mjan's tone grew slightly serious as he remembered back to his thoughts of his ilk and those that took up their heritage and namesake. "Now I understand the reasoning behind the Jedi and their stance against the darkness." Mjan sighed briefly, his next words a difficult thing to admit. "And why those of my kin seek to control it. The Force is powerful, connected with the very nature of life its self. And if one of the darkness can control it properly, it upsets the balance between the two, and destruction and chaos follows in its wake."

Mjan sat quietly again for a moment, the admission of his understanding a difficult pill to swallow, especially with his own hopes of one day freeing his people from their millennia of sins against the balance between the Force and Nature. "The Force is nature, and nature is the Force. They are intertwined like vines encompassing a tree, and holding a symbiotic relationship where both benefit from one another, just as the same could be said of the Jedi Order and its connection to the lightside of the Force. Both seek to preserve the Balance between Nature and the Force."

"When I lost my sight in my right eye out there, fear began to set in. I began to panic, to worry that I would die alone and never be found. And to be honest, I felt that my hopes and dreams would die along with me. And that scared me even worse." Mjan spoke, a jovial tone returning as he thought back to the underground lake and the darkness that engulfed his form as well as his heart. "But while I was lost, I stumbled upon ancient drawings and I found a semblance of comfort in them. That even if I did die, life would continue on without me and that eventually others like myself would come forward and that even on my death, my dreams would continue on without me."

Tears began to stroll down his crimson face, those of his right eye soaked up by the leathered patch that covered his blind eye as he made this admission, and his soul emanated a sense of peace with the thought of his death and what would follow. "And when I thought that I would die for sure, I remembered our previous conversation about the Jedi and how like blades of grass within a pond, how some withered away so others could live, I made my peace with that simple thought. That by my simple existence, I have paved ways that others, including my own species, could one day follow. Just as any Jedi does."

A moment of pause came for the final time as Mjan realized his words as he spoke them, the young Tsis wiping the tears from his face and his bright smile shining through. "I am a Jedi and we are the Keepers of Balance. We stand as warriors so that others can follow their own hopes and dreams, and maybe our own intertwine with theirs. But at the same time, we stand apart, sacrificing our own so that the Force's true will continues upon it's own path without corruption or control. That is what it means to be a Jedi, and I am ready to give myself to it completely."

"Thank you Master...." Mjan began to speak, her words of praise slightly alleviating the pain he still felt in his right eye. He knew he had injured it in his fall, but now that the reality has set in that he would likely never see out of it again, he had began to come to terms with it. The bruising and tearing, well, it would pass in time. "I only hope I live up to your praise."

Mjan had come a long way since he came under Master Aira's tutelage. He could vaguely remember the young Tsis that greeted her months back on Felucia. But as he gazed into the fire before them as the air around them grew still and cooler, those around them turning in for the night, he thought of the bittersweet moment when he would leave his apprenticeship under her and pave his own way as a Jedi and he wondered what kind of a Jedi he would be. Poking at the fire with a small branch, coals rushing into the air as he did, he poised his Master a question, his golden gaze shifting toward her. "What was your Apprenticeship like, Master?

Mjan sat quietly as he listened to her take, stoking the fire occasionally as the coals would grow dark, sending sparks into the air. Her apprenticeship was that of an understanding nature, one of both Soldier and Jedi, similar to his own, both centered around protection and policing. But after his adventure into the Jungles, Mjan had gained a new perspective upon what his role in the coming war would be, and it was a scary one especially for him.

"I thank you for your wisdom, Master Aira." Mjan said with a half hearted grin, signs of a troubled mind written across his face as he kept staring into the fire before him, his gaze as if he was searching for something. "It has helped me answer some of my own questions on what my future holds."

Mjan was Tsis, this much was as evident as those whom they would face in this upcoming war. But he was also Jedi, which meant he would face many of his own kind and those that bore the name of his Species'. And it was a disheartening realization, especially when it came to his own hopes and dreams for his people to one day shed their darkened ways. He was already considered a traitor among his former Order for searching out the Jedi and likely as much from his own family. 

But as a Jedi, he had taken an oath to defend against the darkness and those who would use it against the natural order of life. He knew what would come should he be captured or the Jedi lose this war. Not only would he be a traitor to his own species, as well as a war criminal should the Sith Empire come to control the galaxy. But his dream of liberating the Tsis from the darkness' grasp could likely die as well. Master Aira had taught him well, and his maturity was beginning to show as he processed all he thought, her wisdom rubbing off on the once brash Tsis Jedi.

But as a Tsis Jedi, born of the Sadow and Adas bloodlines, he would stand as more of a figured head than most, especially among the enemy. He would be both a beacon of hope for some and a vile traitor for most. And that, it seems, would be his destiny in the war to come. It just depended on the Force which history would eventually be written for him. But now he knew which path he would walk and his nerves settled as he accepted his part. 

With a deep sigh, Mjan turned his gaze toward Aira. "If you feel that I am ready Master, I wish to take the second trial."

Mjan smirked graciously at his Master's words as she rose, dusted the earth from her robes, and bid him a goodnight. Without looking upward from the warm fire before him, Mjan spoke. "Goodnight Master." As she departed, Mjan stayed sitting there. He had spent the last few days laying about, and he found a sense of comfort in his sitting here nestled by the fire. And so he would take the moment to enjoy himself. Before he knew it, he had dozed off.

As he dozed, his mind slipped back toward his previous trial, most importantly, back to the dreams that had plagued him. He stood upon a precipice of an untold future, his brother before him as the heir of Adas and wielding a crimson blade. He knew his brother had followed down the darker path, but he never thought he would ever cross his path. Fear and panic took him as the thought of facing his brother began to grasp at reality and Mjan's heart wished it not. Before he could react, Karys was upon him, his blade crossing Mjan's face just as he shook awake. His eye throbbing, Mjan cusped it with his hand, noticing the dawn had began to break.

Shaking the dream from his mind, Mjan stood and went about gathering what things of his remained and made his way toward Aira's own when he received a ping upon his comm unit. He chuckled, seeing his Master was already a few steps ahead of him and took a brief moment to revisit the family before he departed Borleias. With a gracious hug received, and goodbyes spoken, Mjan made his way toward Aira's location. Just as he topped the boarding ramp, he took a final look upon the planet that had forged him so well before turning to Aira as she spoke.

Moments later, they made their departure for Ilum.

• 1 month later...

A small Starfang fighter exited hyperspace after having left Felucia and instantly hailed the Jedi fleet stationed above Borelias, notably @Adenna Alluyen.

"This is Lt. Mjan Sadow, former padawan to Aira Caden, requesting permission to land."

Already the realization of his new status was beginning to truly set in and he felt the loss of Aira deeply. But she had chosen to raise him to Knighthood for a reason and now he pushed himself forward to honor her hope in him. As a newly appointed Jedi Knight, as well as a Lieutenant in its naval fleet, Mjan needed to report in.

As the Starfang landed gently within the flightdeck of the Justice's Mandate, Mjan let out a sigh of relief. Space was still a thing for one of his kind to get used to, himself having rarely stepped foot off Krayiss II but on two occasions during his lifetime, and the last lead him here to the Jedi Order. Grabbing the metal stave that hid his saberpike, he disembarked his ship and met with the elder Duros Knight with glee, the Tsis's golden eyes soft and kind, only amplified by the hue of his crimson skin.

"Lt. Mjan Sadow reporting in". He spoke with enthusiasm as he stood firm and saluted the Jedi that stood before him with his left hand perching the spurred brow of his only seeing eye. "Forgive my tardiness. I only recieved the comm to report here when Master... I mean Aira Caden... dropped me off at Felucia to retrieve my ship after Ilum."

As Mjan gazed toward the elder Knight before him, he could sense a bit of confusion upon the air, even for the Jedi before him, causing the young Tsis to wonder momentarily if Aira had reported his Knighting on Ilum to the Order. Returning his own confused look, he questioned. "My Knighting at Ilum was sanctioned, correct?"