Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

OOC: This is getting out of hand Nom

IC: Delita Frowned and shook his head. as expected...

"my friend... you, like all other's i have fought, think that once you hav a blade to your enemie's neck, they only have two choices: surrender or die. Unfortunately, I have practiced for just the occasion."

Delita bent back and preformed a backflip in forcespeed, flinging Yue Into the air. Delita used the force to pull the blade out of Yue's hand and into his. Then, he pointed Yue's dagger at Nom, and his own at Yue as he got to his feet.

"MASTER! We are both apprentices, both on the same side. Let us stop this! If you don't give me a good reason to why you have made us fight eachother, I will turn and leave you now. Please master, this is insane. Just help me understand why me and Yue need to bleed to become Jedi..."

With that, he turned, and chucked Yue's dagger as far away as he could into the sky. He used the force to shatter the blade, then, he did the same with his.

With a dissapointed look, he looked at Nom.

"So, do you have an answer to my question, or should i pack my things?"

Delita.jpg

accept the challenges so you can feel the exhiliration of victory
-General George S. Patton

Nom couldn't help but expect this reaction. He was just happy his padawans had the sense to stop the fight themselves. Before saying anything, Nom approached his two padawans and closed his eyes and started to concentrate on the force. He visualized flesh coming together and blood being washed away. He could feel both Delia and Yue's feelings of relief as pain left them. He opened his eyes in time to see the force carry out his will.

Both Delita and Yue's serious wounds disappeared leaving only a few minor cuts and scrapes.

"Delita, I have several reasons for making you too fight each other. I can understand why you might be a little upset with me but I was expecting as much."

"Number one, I was hoping I could see both of your fighting styles and observe you at the same time."

"I also knew that as long as you two didn't kill each other I'd be able to heal you."

"And finally this is the only way you can learn, through practical experience. The path to becoming a Jedi knight is no cakewalk. Sadly enough, one must bleed in order to grow. This is the way of things. Keeping you in a safe little egg, free of pain will gain you nothing. Tell me, what do you think fighting a Sith lord will be like?"

Nom continued to speak before either could respond.

"The duel you just experienced is nothing. Fighting a Sith will test every skill you have. They will not hold back in the slightest. Their only intention in life is to kill, and they will use any means at their disposal in order to do so. And you must be ready for them."

"Going into a fight like that without learning to battle while pain is seeping itself into your body is like having no weapon at all. You must learn to fight through the pain. For there will be a lot of it during your life if you choose to become a Jedi."

Nom focused his attention on Delita and smiled. "I hope you find what I have said to keep you from leaving. Just remember this; the tests of a Jedi Knight run much deeper than using the force."

Nom got up and started to walk towards his sleeping bag and turned to face both of his pupils. "I would like to teach you one more thing before you leave if that is your decision."

"If you noticed, I did not heal everything, a few cuts and scrapes still remain. That is your job. To heal yourself, you must not only call the force to you, but also concentrate on the healing of life itself. You can't just see it in your mind like most other powers, but you must feel it working. This power is also fueled by the desire to heal. Because of this, most Sith have trouble with this power because they don't desire to prolong life, they like to end it. So try to heal what's left of your wounds. Trust me, this is a very nifty skill to have."

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

Delita took a deep breath.

"'s okay, i'll stay. I said if you had a reason, and that WAS a good reason. So, let's get on with this healing"

Delita Closed his eyes and Thought about healing, he Fueled his desire to close his cuts and stop The blood from rushing through. He looked down to see a few cuts close a bit, the others kept on bleeding. He closed his eyes again and Used the force to speed it up, along with the desire to heal, the cuts finally closed up, along with his scratches and bruises. Once all his cuts and bruises were gone, he stoped and smiled at his master.

"I never really intended on leaving master. That was sort of a bluff to get you to stop. Besides, even if I DID leave, either i'd come back after thinking a bit, or i'd just join the rebels and stay on your side anyways. I'll always be her master."

Delita.jpg

Yue sat himself up and started to slowly heal his wounds. His wounds healed all the way before he added his two cents.

" When I was head of planetary defense on Gala there was a jedi who siad the same thing Master. I kinda figured that was your plan the whole time, but like Delita I was surpised at how long you let the fight run. One us could of killed each other, if we still werent sizing each other up. "

There was no sound, but the void was filled.

"One last thing, were you impressed, satisfied, or dissapointed in the fight?

When all is lost, and darkness consumes all. Look in for the light shall shine bright

I was going to put a nice wonderful little sig here but I lost the code.

Nom's gaze shifted back and forth between his padawans as he started to pack up his gear.

"Lets just say that you both performed to what I expected. Both of your fighting styles were very offensive driven. Thats why you both got injured so quickly. You focused more on getting that one last attack instead of that one last parry. But I can't really blame you. Only a Jedi could master a truely defensive fighting stlye."

"The key to winning a duel is patience and trust in the force. You must give yourself to the force and let it almost control you. If done correctly, you can predict the move of your opponent, its like the force is telling your sword where to go in order to parry the blow. Patience comes in handy because you need it order to find an opening to attack. If you wait long enough, one will show up. You just need to be ready for it."

After Nom finished speaking he gathered all of his stuff and set it aside.

"Its time to leave Ossus. I want you to gather your stuff and meet me at Delita's ship. Delita I want you to fly us to the planet Ilum. Its time to build us some lightsabers."

With that, Nom headed for Delita's ship with his stuff floating a meter off the ground behind him.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Delita frowned.

"i would have been able to fight more defensivly if the force WASN'T an aspect, i can't parry the force..."

Delita picked up all his gear and headed back to the ship. hmm all dusty He placed his stuff in his room and headed over to the cockpit, under the cockpit seat was a photo. The Requiem was in the background with 7 men in the front, they all were covered in weapons and armor... all mandalorian. The youngest was half mandalorian... Delita. the title was simple: me, my buddies, and the requiem.

Delita sighed and started up the engines.

"everyone ready to go?"

Delita.jpg

"Yeah come one friend, lets leave this place. Oh yeah about fighting defensivly Delita, I agree. You can't really parie the force."

When all is lost, and darkness consumes all. Look in for the light shall shine bright

Disguised quite effectively as a harmless meteorite as it enters the atmosphere, the probe droid begins its assignment and impacts upon the surface of the planet, extracting itself to provide ample reconnaissance without further detection due to its small size. From a specially-tuned antenna, it begins to send out trace bursts of information to be piggybacked on local HoloNet transmissions. It bears no markings of any kind, and is equipped to handle all terrain, even underwater.

In the darkness we may lurk,

Ever eager for dirty work,

Try to find us if you dare,

But danger lurks, be warned, beware!

Disguised quite effectively as a harmless meteorite as it enters the atmosphere, the probe droid begins its assignment and impacts upon the surface of the planet, extracting itself to provide ample reconnaissance without further detection due to its small size. From a specially-tuned antenna, it begins to send out trace bursts of information to be piggybacked on local HoloNet transmissions. It bears no markings of any kind, and is equipped to handle all terrain, even underwater.

Spaming...nulled.

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

OOC: Sorry its taking me so long to post, its exam time.

IC: "Well, I was just talking about parrying with weapons, but I guess it is technically possible to "parry" the force too."

"But I'll explain that once we get to Ilum. First I want you both to study my lightsaber."

After Nom finished speaking, he unclipped his lightsaber and laid it on the floor near Delita and Yue.

"You can study it, take it apart do whatever with it, just don't break anything. Study how all of the pieces are put together so that you my do the same later. Try to commit it to memory before we get to Ilum."

"But know we must be going."

Nom turned and gave a nod in Delita's direction which indicated that he was ready to go.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Delita nodded back, lifted off the ship, and set coordinates to Ilum. He then took a few tools and took apart the lightsaber, piece by piece. He took notes on every piece he took off and where it went. He eventually reached the core of the lightsaber where the crystal was stored. After illustrating his own skematics on how to construct a perfect lightsaber, he put it back together and handed it to Yue.

Delita.jpg

instead of writting and drawing notes on paper where they can be easily losed, Yue felt every curve and inch of every peice also where they would return when bluiding one. This process effective, was a very long and tidus proccess. Hours past, but finally he came down the core of the light saber. The cystal was unlike anything he had ever seen.

He put back each and every last peice justas told. Truly an most powerful weapon a lightsaber was.

Nom took his weapon back from Yue. It looked just as it did before, but Nom didn't want to take any chances. He ignited the blade and watched a shaft of jade green light cut through the air. It was working perfectly.

He clipped it back onto his belt and took a seat where he fell into meditation. They should be arriving at Ilum soon.

OOC: The next post should take place in the space thread.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

• 1 month later...

Delita's ship, with new guests, instead of Yue and Nom, there was a droid and his new padawan Valoran... They landed and set up camp.

"From now on, this is where we will be staying. I will train you in the art of being a jedi. Are you ready?

Delita.jpg

Delita smiled, "Good, we'll start with the simplest of things..."

Delita used the force to pull up three stones. they rotated about 2 inches above his hands, "You must feel through the force and lift up a few pebbles, then..." He sent them darting forward and shattered a larger boulder into fine sand, "send them flying. Of course, you won't be able to do what i just did, but you will be able to stick them into that tree over there. You practice this and I will prepare your next task."

Delita.jpg

Valoran nodded. He reached inside himself for the...presence that had helped him so many times. He couldn't exactly think of it as the Force yet. One stone shot into the air, barely missing his face. He looked up to see Delita smirking at him. "Guess that was a little much."

What you will see will eventually become a part of life's dream.

Bugenhagen, Final Fantasy VII

"now that you can move inanimate objects, let's see you move yourself."

Delita forcesped waaay off to the other side of the mountain. before he left, he dropped a holocard which turned on and faced valoran.

"You need to use the force to speed you up on this task. at normal speed, it'll take you days to get to the other side, this way it'll take you minutes"

Delita.jpg

Valoran glanced down at the holocard. Then he looked up to stare at the mountain, remembering a time....

Deep in the dank underlevels, a young boy darted through the throng of aliens with a small sack in his hand. A Togorian with teeth bared was close behind, snarling at the boy. The boy clutched the sack tighter and reached for his blaster...then realized that the Togorian was gone, that he was alone in a back alley. But how? He had been in front of the cantina with the fat owner, and now he was three blocks away. He peeked around the corner, saw no one. He opened the sack and pulled out a Chiss charric. The Togorian wouldn't bother him again....

Valoran shook his head and concentrated on that memory.....he took a step forward and found himself halfway to Delita. He stopped and tried to control the feeling, but found he couldn't. He let the memory flow into him again....and Delita stood there, same smirk on his face. "Was that okay?" Valoran asked, straightening up.

What you will see will eventually become a part of life's dream.

Bugenhagen, Final Fantasy VII

Delita smiled, "that was quick. just quick enough hah..."

Delita pondered on what next... what did Nom do next?

he picked up a leaf, "most living things have things called midichlorians in them. These help us better grasp the force. some disregard it and call it 'luck' but others, train and perfect it... like i am doing for you. Now, a trick you can use with the force, is to see the midichlorians within the person, or plant. This is called forcesight and will come in useful to find a friend... or foe. Feel with the force, and you will see things differently. After an extended period of thought, or training, you will be able to focus on one item at a time. for now, find me using 'forcespeed' and 'forcesight'"

He sped off, days and days worth of travel, deep in the woods. this'll take about 1.5 hours even in forcespeed.

edit: Delita forcesped over to valoran,

"i have a feeling, we need to go back to tempay...'

They got on the ship and lifted off...

Delita.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

*The stock freighter Fundament's Glory, as Locke had taken to calling it, dropped out of hyperspace a few hundred kilometers above the ossus planet surface. Locke was awoken by the slight turbulence that had resulted from this down shift. Locke felt the bed beside him, expecting there to be another person.*

"Wonder when that happened..."

*Locked got up slowly, rubbing his eyes as he searched for his master. After a moment he located her with the force, meditating solemnly. Locke stood up, having no real recollection of the goings while he was trying to sleep. He felt fully refreshed, it having only been the second time in months he hadn't slept on a sidewalk. Locke closed his eyes and stretched, working the stiffness out of his muscles. Locke struck his fighting stance and boxed the air warming up his arms for the ahead. As he did so Locke shouted at his master, assuming that she'd hear him.*

"You know Boss, I've been thinking. Maybe we should put off this whole learning thing for today. Relax, brew some cocoa, start a fire in this ship. Let it warm your naked flesh... You know, that whole deal."

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

Kira felt herself blushing fiercely at his choice of words and was glad he hadn't yet come to the cockpit. All the time she had spent trying to meditate she hadn't been able to focus properly, her thoughts constantly returning to how it had felt lying beside him, having his arm about her. She had tried several times to distract herself from it, had even dozed off in the pilots chair for a while, but her dreams had been more of the same so she had given up in the end. She'd pulled up what little information she had on Ossus and had began to look it over when she'd gotten the alert and had dropped the ship out of hyperspace over the planet. Composing herself somewhat she called back to him, trying to keep her answer light-hearted

”œDon't know about the other options Locke, but the cocoa sounds good.”

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

*Locke listened to his master's instruction to secure himself, but thinking that it would be a much gentler landing than it was, Locke opted not to interrupt his morning warm up. It was this poor attempt at critical thinking that resulted in him being launched forward during one particularly bad jolt. His body was thrown forward into a control panel, bouncing his face off a screen- while his leg was gauged by a protruding lever. Afterward Locke fell backward, clutching to the ship's floor firmly for the rest of the re-entry. Locke stood up upon their landing, a particularly nasty bruise slowly forming on his face- matching the one that he would later find on his leg. Locke stumbled into the Cockpit to find his master. He looked like he had ridden to Ossus on the outside of the ship.*

"So. How about that fire?

Locke2A.png

"Jedi do not fight for peace, that is a slogan and is misleading as slogans naturally are. Jedi fight for civilization as civilization creates peace."

-Mace Windu

*Locke followed his master's direction to the medical area. He took a seat on a bench, and With only a slight hesitation he started in with his injuries.*

" Well, lets see there's the bump on my head- and the one on my leg- oh, and there is a terrible ache in my heart... Oh... That one hurts the worst..."

*Locke paused, now pouting at his master. Without coherent transition he want back to the fire.*

"And How about a fiery love affair?"

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Kira had moved close enough to him to begin to examine the bump and bruising on his head, glancing where he indicated the injury to his leg, but was taken back by his proclamation regarding his heart.

Uh-oh”¦ wait for it”¦ She was starting to realise that he was like a canine with a bone, he'd not give up on it. She never quite knew what he was going to come out with next. She felt like her face had caught fire following his next comments”¦

”œFiery love affair? Locke! I”¦ no”¦”

7MxDMRQ.jpg

The Force can do terrible things to a mind it can wipe away your memories and destroy your very identity. - Carth Onasi

*Locked looked at his master, who despite his best efforts still had a small hope that she'd get an actual answer. He inched a little closer to his already very nearby master. He could practically feel the heat radiating from her body as he spoke.*

"Well, I suppose the direct cause was that damn exhaust lever, but the real cause has to be your unrivaled beauty. It's filled my mind with a kind of fog- I can't even begin to focus on something so simple as not head butting a monitor."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

Again she had to resist the urge to run from him, holding her ground even though he had invaded her personal space. She wasn't very comfortable with how he kept shifting closer to her, being one that usually kept everyone at a slight distance from her, physically as well as emotionally. If Locke hadn't been coming onto her and if this hadn't taken a direction of a more personal nature, she might not have felt like running from him. If it had been strictly on an impersonal level she would have been fine. But with the way Locke kept bringing things back towards wanting a relationship with her other than that of master/padawan”¦ and again, thinking about the force bond growing between them”¦ it was the closest that anyone had ever been to her.

The bond with her old master, Onderin, was never intrusive, never anything she had been uncomfortable with. She could already sense that she and Locke had a different type of bond to that she had with Onderin, somehow it was stronger. If she had wanted to, she could very easily read his emotions, foremost the lust he was exhibiting towards her, anyone would have to be blind not to notice it. That she felt an attraction for him too was why she was having so much trouble dealing with it. Part of her just wanted to say ”˜to hell with it, lets go for it' while the more responsible part of her didn't want to break the ”˜rules'. Rules about Officer's and Subordinates, Master and Padawan. It was a trust thing and she didn't want to break any trust. After dwelling on matters for the rest of the night, Kira had come to the conclusion that she had actually enjoyed being in his arms, having him curled up to her in the bunk.

”œFlattery will get you nowhere Locke. Now let me see this injured leg of yours so I can treat it.”

7MxDMRQ.jpg

• 1 month later...

*Locke and Kira'a fancy new ship appears out of hyperspace, descends through the atmosphere, and promptly crashes into a pool of mud. Locke sits at the controls, his cheeks reddened.*

"Whoopsie."

Locke2A.png

-Mace Windu

During the journey, Kira had had a chance to explore the ship while they'd been in hyperspace and had come across what had obviously been set up as her bedroom. She had a wardrobe of clothing, both civillian and military along with her cleaned and repaired armour. She'd chosen a set of civillian clothing, a skin tight, black shipsuit and boots, putting them on in place of her uniform. She'd then picked up her saber, examining it before she'd clipped it in place on her belt along with her blasters. She'd rejoined Locke in the cockpit shortly before they were due to arrive at their destination.

"Locke! By the go of that you're not trusting the force with your piloting skills! More practice in the sim's for you mister!"

Kira sighed with exaspiration and shook her head. He obviously had his mind on something other than piloting for a landing like that...

"You want a meal first or are you ready to go into the ruins?"

7MxDMRQ.jpg