Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

The smell of cool fresh air was welcomed in Nom's nostrils. It had been a while since he had took a moment to appreciate nature for what it was, a haven for all those who seek peace. Which was exactly what Nom was trying to do at the moment.

After gathering the necessary supplies from within the requiem, Nom ventured deeper into the mountainous region with Delita and Yue right behind him. He picked a spot just outside a cave that wasn't too far from the ship.

He set up all of the supplies in order to make their current location hospitable.

"We'll be camping out here for a while, in order to get in touch with the force and its aspects in nature. I'm assuming that both of you don't yet have the knowledge of using the force, but tell me, do either of you possess knowledge about the force itself?"

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

Nom nodded, they still had much to learn.

"The true meaning of the force cannot be explained in words, it is something that needs to be experienced. You should be able to experience this close to the end of your training. I personally felt it when I was in the middle of constructing my lightsaber on the planet Ilum. But we'll talk about that later."

Without warning, a rock shot into the open from within the nearby cave. It almost grazed the side of Yue's ear as it flew towards the Jedi Knight. It came within inches of his face before it stopped in mid-air. It fell to the ground slowly in front of Delita and moved no more.

"This is one of the most common uses of the force. Levitation is a vital skill to have during any situation." As Nom spoke another rock came floating towards camp from within the forest. It stopped and fell in front of Yue. "I want you two move these rocks with the force. Don't be ashamed if you don't succeed on your first attempt. Using the force for the first time is not an easy task."

Nom cleared his throat before continuing.

"Close your eyes and clear your mind. This should be difficult at first, but it will come easier with practice. Once you have done that, you should feel something stirring inside you. Release this feeling into your mind and the rest of your body. Let it surround you. When this happens, you will feel it within you, making your senses stronger. It should flow in like water. Let this control your senses, use it to see and feel and hear without opening your eyes. Once you master the art of calling the force to you, the rest is smooth sailing."

"Perhaps the hardest part of using the force is directing it in the way that you want it to go. In this case, you want to use the force to levitate the rocks now sitting before you."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

There was not a sound that can be heard from the campsite, but the camp was ripe with intensity. The force flowed from the two padawans for the first time; it was almost like a whole new miracle in and of itself. Nom could feel the force surrounding the two, like and aura of protection and life. The battle was half won.

"Very good!" Nom almost yelled. He couldn't have been prouder. Delita and Yue had successfully called the force to them. Nom could feel it and so could they. Their paths towards becoming a Jedi Knight just got a little easier.

"I could feel the force flowing within each of you and I'm sure you did to. That means your half-way there. Not bad for the first try. Now all you have to do is harness this newfound power and direct it towards the rocks. Its like your tying an invisible rope onto the rock, but it can stretch as far as you want it to. I want you to try it again, but this time, try to let the force guide you."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom was proud of both apprentices, they had both succeeded in moving the stone, but they still had a long way to go. As did Nom.

Nom gave a short round of applause of each of the Jedi padawan's. "I want you to know that I am extemly proud of you two, but you must make sure not to let this small accoplishment cloud your judgement. Now, the ability to move two small stones a couple of feet off the air is good to have, it can't really aid you in a practical situation."

The Jedi Knight took a moment to stop talking and take another glance around his surroundings. He would let his words sink in before he continued to speak. He noticed that darkness was now starting to creep its way across the sky....perfect.

"As you both can tell, it is going to be night soon, and we don't have a fire running yet. I want you two to work together and make a fire. But, you can't use your hands, only the force."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Flames danced in rhythm with the various sounds from the forest. It was an especially peaceful night. Nom gave a slight yawn as he examined the fire his padawans had created.

He clapped his hands together. "Excellent job. That is enough work for one day. I think you two deserve a rest. Let us retire for the night."

Nom grabbed one of the three sleeping bags and set it up next to the fire. He noticed Yue and Delita doing the same. The night sky was dominating Nom's attention. He couldn't keep his eyes off of it. This was the first time he was ever on a peaceful planet like this in a very long time. He couldn't help but wonder what his life would be like if he had grew up on a planet like this rather than coruscant.

After a few more minutes the sound of Delita and Yue's voices sank down to nothing. Nom could sense that each had fallen asleep. He decided to follow suit. He closed his eyes and revealed in the silence now surrounding him. He didn't open his eyes again for another 8 hours.

The cool fresh air of morning made itself present as Nom faded back into reality. He was a little cold, but that was to be expected. He noticed that the fire had gone out. Nom quickly got the fire back going by blowing it gently. Once a hint of flame presented itself, Nom quickly got a hold of it to with the force. He simultaneously float new logs from the nearby woods towards the fire. In only a few seconds, the fire was back to life.

The padawan awoke to the smell of breakfast. After they had eaten, Nom lead the two into an open field a half a mile from camp.

This should be fine...

"Another way the force can help is through force speed. It gives us the ability to run at great speeds without sacrificing maneuverability. You have to call upon the force again, but this time use its power to push you as you run and aid your reactions. I want you two to practice here."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom's eyes never left the two padawans as they ran through the clearing and even into the woods. According to the naked eye, the two apprentices were just blurs flying from one side to another. One of the blurs shot towards the trees and entered the mass of organ structures. He was in there for a long time. Most would start to worry, but Nom, or any other Jedi Knight for that matter.

As Yue traveled deeper into a forest, Nom kept track of him with the force. It was like he had a lock on him. Wherever he went, Nom would be able to find him. Moments later Yue was able to find his way back into the clearing where Nom and Delita where waiting for him. This led Nom to an idea...

Once the two had gathered around Nom again, he started to speak again.

"Now, when you two have been summoning the force to you, should have been able to feel something similar to that, but out side of you. That would be the force signature of others. You can feel the presence of other organic beings. You can even note the location of inorganic things as well. We call this ability force awareness. Now, I'm going to run into the woods over here. After a few minutes, come try and find me. If you follow my force signature, it should be easy for you."

Without saying another word, Nom took off using force speed himself. He chose a spot a couple miles away from the clearing. He sat down and began to wait.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

• 2 weeks later...

Nom smiled, "Good you two are both on your way to becomming Jedi Knights. But, I just have one thing left to teach you before we get to the fun stuff."

Nom focused into the depths of his mind and felt the presence of the force swell within him. He could feel it move thoughout his body. With a slight nudge from the mind, the Jedi Knight was able to direct his force energy to the tips of his hands.

He released it with a considerable amount of force. A wave of invisible destruction tore from his hands and headed straight for a nearby tree. The impact is so great that the tree toppled over with a noise that could have been heard from a mile away.

"That is a force blast, all you have to do is channel the force energy inside you to the tip of your fingers and let it fly. I want you two to aim for some trees and try to knock them over."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom couldn't help but feel a little guilty about the destruction they were all causing, he figured it was time to stop destroying the forest.

"Ok, great job both of you. Your patience is about to pay off. Its time for combat training. I understand that both of you are tired so we will rest first. Trust me, extensive amounts of fighting is very tiring."

With the force as his guide, Nom continued to make way back to camp with his two padawans behind him. After only a few minutes of walking, a thought had occured to him.

"I think we all know each other well enough to get rid of formalities. Just relax, feel free to say and or express what ever you want. you guys seem so uptight."

Once they returned to the camp Nom started to head to his sleeping bag.

"Once you are ready, grab one of the vibroblades I brought from Delia's ship and come speak to me. I suggest both of you get some rest."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom sat up from his sleeping bag looking rather alarmed. Either both Delita and Yue were very skilled with a vibroblade or both were very arrogant.

"All right, this should get interesting. Since I don't know what to expect from either of you, I'm going to have you duel each other so I can observe you both simultaneously. Just remember, I don't want you two to harm each other, this is just a practice duel."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

• 2 weeks later...

The thought of stopping the fight crossed Nom's mind but for only a second. He could tell that both were very skilled in combat. They were already using the force as well as their vibroblades. He could teach them more about the force but he would wait to see who was victorious. Nom would just let the fight continue a little longer before he added his two cents...

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom couldn't help but expect this reaction. He was just happy his padawans had the sense to stop the fight themselves. Before saying anything, Nom approached his two padawans and closed his eyes and started to concentrate on the force. He visualized flesh coming together and blood being washed away. He could feel both Delia and Yue's feelings of relief as pain left them. He opened his eyes in time to see the force carry out his will.

Both Delita and Yue's serious wounds disappeared leaving only a few minor cuts and scrapes.

"Delita, I have several reasons for making you too fight each other. I can understand why you might be a little upset with me but I was expecting as much."

"Number one, I was hoping I could see both of your fighting styles and observe you at the same time."

"I also knew that as long as you two didn't kill each other I'd be able to heal you."

"And finally this is the only way you can learn, through practical experience. The path to becoming a Jedi knight is no cakewalk. Sadly enough, one must bleed in order to grow. This is the way of things. Keeping you in a safe little egg, free of pain will gain you nothing. Tell me, what do you think fighting a Sith lord will be like?"

Nom continued to speak before either could respond.

"The duel you just experienced is nothing. Fighting a Sith will test every skill you have. They will not hold back in the slightest. Their only intention in life is to kill, and they will use any means at their disposal in order to do so. And you must be ready for them."

"Going into a fight like that without learning to battle while pain is seeping itself into your body is like having no weapon at all. You must learn to fight through the pain. For there will be a lot of it during your life if you choose to become a Jedi."

Nom focused his attention on Delita and smiled. "I hope you find what I have said to keep you from leaving. Just remember this; the tests of a Jedi Knight run much deeper than using the force."

Nom got up and started to walk towards his sleeping bag and turned to face both of his pupils. "I would like to teach you one more thing before you leave if that is your decision."

"If you noticed, I did not heal everything, a few cuts and scrapes still remain. That is your job. To heal yourself, you must not only call the force to you, but also concentrate on the healing of life itself. You can't just see it in your mind like most other powers, but you must feel it working. This power is also fueled by the desire to heal. Because of this, most Sith have trouble with this power because they don't desire to prolong life, they like to end it. So try to heal what's left of your wounds. Trust me, this is a very nifty skill to have."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

• 2 weeks later...

Nom's gaze shifted back and forth between his padawans as he started to pack up his gear.

"Lets just say that you both performed to what I expected. Both of your fighting styles were very offensive driven. Thats why you both got injured so quickly. You focused more on getting that one last attack instead of that one last parry. But I can't really blame you. Only a Jedi could master a truely defensive fighting stlye."

"The key to winning a duel is patience and trust in the force. You must give yourself to the force and let it almost control you. If done correctly, you can predict the move of your opponent, its like the force is telling your sword where to go in order to parry the blow. Patience comes in handy because you need it order to find an opening to attack. If you wait long enough, one will show up. You just need to be ready for it."

After Nom finished speaking he gathered all of his stuff and set it aside.

"Its time to leave Ossus. I want you to gather your stuff and meet me at Delita's ship. Delita I want you to fly us to the planet Ilum. Its time to build us some lightsabers."

With that, Nom headed for Delita's ship with his stuff floating a meter off the ground behind him.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

OOC: Sorry its taking me so long to post, its exam time.

IC: "Well, I was just talking about parrying with weapons, but I guess it is technically possible to "parry" the force too."

"But I'll explain that once we get to Ilum. First I want you both to study my lightsaber."

After Nom finished speaking, he unclipped his lightsaber and laid it on the floor near Delita and Yue.

"You can study it, take it apart do whatever with it, just don't break anything. Study how all of the pieces are put together so that you my do the same later. Try to commit it to memory before we get to Ilum."

"But know we must be going."

Nom turned and gave a nod in Delita's direction which indicated that he was ready to go.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom took his weapon back from Yue. It looked just as it did before, but Nom didn't want to take any chances. He ignited the blade and watched a shaft of jade green light cut through the air. It was working perfectly.

He clipped it back onto his belt and took a seat where he fell into meditation. They should be arriving at Ilum soon.

OOC: The next post should take place in the space thread.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

• 1 year later...

(OOC: Eventually this post is going to get really long, but it still needs to be done. I know none of you will read it, but just know that I will be making additions every so often because of the no double post rule))

A small freighter entered the atmosphere of Ossus, housing only one Jedi. The last time Nom was here, he had two padawans to train. Now he only has one, himself. The Jedi Master chose Ossus for the quiet forest life and the rather comfortable climate. It really was a nice place. Nom couldn't help but wonder why people didn't go to Ossus for vacation. Technology was all the rage now, leaving the tranquility of nature forgotten.

Nom's ship landed with a small thud as metal met rock. His lungs were met with fresh air as he exited his ship. He was going to be here for a while.

It only took Nom a few hours to set up camp, getting every thing the way he wanted it. He made sure he was a few miles away from his ship. This was more than just combat training. His ship sitting ten feet away from him provided an easy way out when things got tough. That was something Nom had to learn to ignore. There won't always be a way out. Unfortunately, the weather was clear, which ment he had time to kill.

With the flick of the activation stud, the combat before sprang to life. Its movements were quick, yet predictable. Nom had fought these things several times before. Yet still, it was something to pass the time.

The droid was less that five feet away now, equipped with a special vibrosword equiped with an ionic field strong enough to deflect a lightsaber. It would be far too easy otherwise. Nom's lightsaber erupted from its metal sheath to meet the droids attack, only inches from the neck of the Jedi Master. He would have to make things interesting somehow. The droid was already on the move again once contact was made. Nom was ready however. His lightsaber moved in a blur, matching the lush trees surrounding them.

And such the dance continued, Nom's lightsaber assumed the role of defender, constantly moving, colliding with the droids attacks at every turn. If a droid were capable of frustration, it would be fighting with it. Of course that is one advantage a droid doesn't have. Which is that of fighting with feeling. Something the Sith use all too often. Nom has even been known to use some passion when dueling, good thing he had been able to keep it quiet from the rest of the Jedi.

The battle continued well into the night. Nom kept his saber moving as little as possible. His blade only traveled enough distance to intercept the next attack, anything more would be a waste of effort. The Jedi Master could have torn the droid apart over and over again, but endurance doesn't come with quick battles. He had yet to attack offensivly yet.

The biggest perk with an all defensive based form III lightsaber style, is that the defender wears the attacker down over time. Droids however, don't have to worry about that.

It was almost pitch black considering there was no artificial light anywhere near Nom's camp. Without the Force, he wouldn't even be aware of the droids location. Because of this, it was time to have some fun.

Without warning, the green pillar that acted as the sole provider of light for miles vanished, and so did the Jedi weilding it. In less than a second, Nom's lightsaber had been deactivated, clipped to his belt, sent spiraling into the woods, along with the Jedi Master attached to it. Nom knew that the droid would follow considering its AI systems were programed to mimic that of Force usage, only to a lesser extent. With the Force as his aid, Nom swept through the trees at speeds only a motorized vechicle could match. With a quick thrust of energy, the Jedi leaped into the air. He could feel the breeze caress his face as the air took him into its arms. This was a rush that certainly couldn't be attained in the Jedi temple.

The Jedi Master landed on a sturdy brach attached to a rather large tree. While perched on his woodened limb, he streched out with Force, listening for the approach of his metal friend. This was going to be fun.

It only took a few moments for the droid to appear right under the branch the Jedi Master now temporarily resided in. He had two options, either proceed to jump down and slice the thing in two, or use the Force and levitate it up to his own eye level. It only took him a moment to decide. After only a few seconds, the droid begain to rise from the ground. Its head snapped back and forth in surprise, as if its photo receptors couldn't take in the situation. Droids could be so funny sometimes.

The droid's vibroblade now was only a meter away from the Jedi. Before the AI reactions could even begin to do its job, a green pillar of light came forth, as if sprouting from the very tree itself. Its arc extended towards the droid's open side. The blade cut through the chassis like a knife through butter. The electronic warrior fell to the ground in a smouldering pile of wasted metal. Only moments later Nom had realized what he had done. He had destroyed his only form of entertainment. It just goes to show that enjoyment of a fight still can lead to unfortunate consequences. Even Jedi Masters have room to learn.

Nom made his way back to his campsite, feeling somewhat deflated. What else could he do to train? That last foray with the combat droid did improve his endurance, a skill invaluable to a form III fighter, considering it lasted a few hours. He just hoped a thunderstorm would start soon. He looked towards the stars, hoping some would be blocked out by clouds. Luckily, the heavens were filled with an inky smudge as if the celestial painter had spilled some color onto the wrong place. There was only a chance it would result in the weather Nom came to Ossus to experiance.

The Jedi Master took a seat in his sleeping bag with the thought of a real training experiance before him. With the aid of a busy mind, he was able to find sleep among the peaceful beauty of nature.

Thunder shook the ground as it cracked down upon the trees of Ossus. Nom woke with a start, he could feel the vibration even in his sleep. For a moment he was startled, but his moment of fear was quickly replaced with control. It was only a thunderstorm...nothing more.

And as if an electric jolt went through his spine, Nom lept to his feet. There was finally a thunderstorm! It was now time to do what he had left the Temple to do. He made his way into the heart of the forest once more, the rain beating down on him. He found a clearing to his liking. He took a seat right in the center and closed his eyes, letting him self fall into the Force, a ritual his body thrived on. He could feel every rain drop within a five mile radius. He knew exactly where each bead of water would land and how fast it was going. He streched out even further, up into the clouds. He could feel the particles interacting with each other, rubbing together. The friction was building, the Forced provided a pefect window into the activities of the cloud. He could feel it shaking, it was housing a very powerful force, like a rabid bear trapped in a cage. It wanted free with each passing moment.

Come to me...Unleash your fury!

In an instant, the cloud above spewed its contents into the sky filled with water. Electricity streaked down using the droplets as its median. It was more powerful than anything a Sith could conjure. The Force was within every living thing. This was its power in its rawest form. Even a Sith Master could not match the power of nature, despite their boasts. As the bolt continued to ravage the sky, time seemed to slow. It was heading straight towards the Jedi Master, aiming to kill.

Nom streched his hand into the air, his palm ready to meet the incoming threat. He cleared is mind and summoned the largest amount of energy he had ever experianced.

The bolt of lighting collided with his hand. At first, pain like no other shot through him, causing him to think of nothing else. He felt as if a hundred Sith Masters were surrounding him, venting the darkside into his veins. His mind was screaming, he wanted nothing more than to take his lightsaber and shove it into his skull, just to make the agony stop. But then something within him called. A slight nudge prodded at his councious. The Jedi followed like a scarred cub to his mother. What he met was like water pouring through him. The peace was more refreshing than anything he had ever felt. The pain was gone, only a distant memory.

The Jedi Master opened his eyes to find his hand a nasty shade of brown. Small puffs of smoke extended from the tips of his fingers. But other than that, he was fine. The lightning bolt was nowhere to be scene. Nom smiled.

He tried to bend his finger, but the attempt was met with another shot of pain. It wouldn't move in the slightest. Every time he tried brought him closer to the memory of what transpired only moments before. He stood for a while and let the rain massage his face. It was a wonder feeling.

Nom made his way back to his camp, knowing full well the condition he was in. His ship was too far away to walk to and Force running there would probably damage his hand. Good thing he put himself in this position for a reason. He would have to sleep the wound off...literally. He had never tried a healing trance before, but he was confident he would be successful to a certain degree.

He found his sleeping bag covered with water, he should have put it in a cave or something. It was too late now however. The Jedi Master took his usual place among his campsite, the strom was starting to die down thankfully. He closed his eyes and pictured his hand going from the nasty shade of brown back to its milky tan complexion. He just hoped the Force would handle the rest as he drifted off to sleep again.

Nom found himself amid the Jedi Temple, its contents were nothing more than lifeless masses, Jedi he once knew and loved. There were only two living things still alive. One was filled with dark, his insides corrupeted as if twisted into something different entirely. His cloak masked his presence. The other figure was that of a Jedi Master. Nom recognized himself standing in front of the young Sith. What was going on? Nom tried yelling, hoping either the Sith or....himself would answer. Neither acted, it was like he wasn't even there. The Sith and the other Nom seemed to be talking. Then suddenly lightsabers erupted as if out of nowhere

The battle was fierce, the other Nom seemed to be outnumbered, as if the very power of the Sith was too much for him. The real Jedi Master shook his head, he couldn't help but feel dissapointment for how his counterpart was doing.

The battle ceased with one swing of a lightsaber. The other Jedi Master's head rolled onto the floor, the look of defeat, and fear plastered onto his eyes. Not a moment later, the Sith lowered his hood as if he knew Nom was still there watching in horror.

Revan smiled at him, as if his very presence were mocking him. The darkside pulsated within the young man. He was no longer the boy Nom had trained.

"No...It can't be." Revan began to step towards him, his lightsaber raised. "This can't be true!" His old apprentice was upon him, crimson blade searing the air around him. He raised his weapon, poised to strike.

"I will not fight you." Revan's blade was in motion looking kill yet again.

Nom's eyes snapped open, rain beating softly on his brow. He could still feel the taint of dark around him. The source was too far to pinpoint an identity. But Nom knew. Revan had turned. His fears had been realized. He glanced down at his hand, it was completely back to normal. The Force did its job. A healed hand seemed trivial somehow compared to the loss of what was the closest thing he had to a son. The Jedi Master knew deep within himself that he would meet Revan again, and when he did, he just hoped he would be prepared to face the inevitable.

Despite the newfound information concerning his old padawan, Nom still had work to do. The ability to absorb lighting would be of no use if his hand turned to toast everytime. Fortunately for the Jedi Master, the rain seemed to have picked up again. Thunder could still be heard off in the distance, causing several flocks of birds to flee, as if some unseen enemy were hunting them.

Nom made his way to the same clearing he had inhabited before. This time the lighting bolt would not be so lucky. As if the very weather could sense his thoughts, the rain started to pick up even more. The impact of the water felt as if the sky was trying to hurt the Jedi. With water came lightning.

Nom didn't even have to beckon the lighting this tme. The very coulds seemed to want revenge against the Jedi. Its strongest weapon was again unleashed, crashing down on the planet below. His hand met pain once again. Agony coursed though him once again. But this time, Nom felt the Force within him gleem, like a lone candle amist the darkness. He followed it, called it to him. Suddenly the pain left him, as if it were being sucked up by the very light within him.

The Jedi Master opened his eyes once more, letting the beauty of Ossus captivate his vision only for a few moments. He took a look down at his hand, almost praying it was in prime condition. Aside from a small puff of smoke extending from the tips of his fingers, his hand looked relatively unharmed. A smile etched itself across Nom's face. He had finally did what he had come to Ossus to do. Despite how wonderful Ossus was, he was ready to head back to the Jedi temple.

With the help of the Force, he was able to gather his things with minimal difficulty. Each possesion was loaded carefully onto the small freighter. Nom made sure not to knocking anything out of place, considering how small his vessel actually was. Nom took to the cockpit, readying the systems for takeoff. With a flick of a switch, the ship took off into the air, leaving Ossus behind and dissapearing into hyperspace.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

• 9 months later...

((I have no idea if there is a cloning facility here, if not, I'll just pop out of the ground or something.))

The cloning chamber hummed to life as a crystine body emerged. His flawless body seemed to glow with new life as every inch of his skin shinned with pure radience. Droplets of water fell from him as if cast away due to imperfection. The the only moments in Nom's life where he wasn't covered in bruses and scrapes seemed to come fresh out of the clonning chamber. If only his skin would stay this soft all the time. He could feel the external layers of his body begin to harden as they grew accustumed to the atmosphere. Only a quick look around was enough to pinpoint his location. The swiriling clouds amid the lushes blue could only indicate one place...Ossus.

Memories came rushing back, the chaos ensuing from the battle over Haruun Kal. I was fighting Piccolo... Nom's thoughts and recollections came rusing back like water pouring into a waiting glass. The last thing he remebered was his entire torse frozen in liquid nitrogen. His plan was never able to put into action. The Force flew back into him only seconds before he had died. If he only had a few more seconds, Piccolo would have been finished. The liquid nitrogen was beginning to thaw as the heat generated by the Force took hold. The silver dagger within Nom's torso was waiting to be released, in the pit of the bounty hunter's stomach. Unfortuantely that plan was destroyed along with the Defiant.

"What ever works..." The words were clear and crisp, the rasp completely gone. The sensation was rather soothing.

The Jedi Master dressed and proceeded to enter the prestine clear air that was Ossus. The climate of the planet never ceased to soothe him, one of the many reasons why he choose to train there. He was hoping someone was out there to great him.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

The air around him was quiet, leaves quietly crashed into their respective limbs as if dancing to a silent rythm. Nom's footfalls crushed the grass below. Small footprints remained only for a second before each blade regained its original structure. Nature had a funny way of prserving itelf, despite its lack of a functional brain. The Jedi Master's peaceful surroundings offered him much in the way of diacotomy. The hectic thoughts and scenes in his mind were ironically driven by the serene beauty of the sun's rays. This of course could have been pointless conjecture. The Jedi's reassuring thoughts on the previous battle could have easly done its part to disband his stressful mood. Nom clearly remembered the ship exploding, the brash flames consuming both he and Piccolo. Despite the causation of his own death, the fires did its job to destroy Piccolo and what ever schemes the Black Dawn possessed.

One question was still up in the air however. Was Piccolo telling the truth? During the fight itself, the Jedi Master remained quite indecisive in the matter. He put on an outward appareance of panic and fear simply for the structure of his plan, yet he died before he could reveal his maticulous deception. Piccolo could have easily used that information to cause such a similar situation. The thought of HJP killing his own was quite revolting. He was a hard man, but not a stupid one.

Nom's thoughts carried him toward Kirlocca's ship. The innate Force presence within him seemed to bring him forth on its own will. Nom's long silver hair flowed behind him in the soft wind. It obviously had no desire to defy the whim of the Force. The idea of his hair possessing sentience entertained the Jedi Master the rest of the short journy to the wookie's ship. He knocked softly, smiling at the old fashion mode of greeting. When was the last time anyone knocked on the door of a starship?

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Aryian's words jabbed at Nom's memories like a curious child poking at an uncouncious beast only to find the creature awaken with anger. His vision of the planet's surface was quite intense. The mushroom cloud was clear enough from space, broadcasting its viscious horrors for all to see. Was Hou-Jo behind it? Piccolo's words easily could have been lies looking to coax the Jedi Master's psychie into fear. Yet a foreboding intuition still lingered...

Nom's eyes lifted from the ground, finally focusing on the Jedi Master before him. Aryian looked good...a little too good. He had an air that seemed to indicate that he was entirely too pleased with himself. Despite his topic of conversation, Nom sensed it had little to do with the battle at Haruun Kal.

He smiled for a moment, indicating the his thought process for a moment. He then restrained himself. It was better to avoid that area. He quickly thought of a question, looking to preserve whatever air of confidence and precision he might have possessed.

"I trust Armiena made it out okay?" The last image he saw of the woman was blasted away as he shot out of her ship. He had a desire to see her, in order to thank her for saving his life.

Edited by Guest

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom kept silent for most of the meeting. He wasn't much for diplomacy and making decisions. He didn't know Armiena too well, but based off her reputation, Nom realized her ideals somewhat parralled his own. She had also managed to save his life back on Manaan. Both of these attributes were more than enough to secure Nom's support. The air around the Jedi suddenly filled with joy as Armiena announced the source behind her rather unusual contentment. It seemed to make sense. That explains the slight sense of smugness emmenating from Aryian. Women always had a way of bringing out that particular emotion in men. It seemed Armiena did a fine job of that.

The Jedi Master remained somewhat in the backround, as he usually did. He enjoyed social situations immensily, he just wasn't good at them. A smile graced his face as he thought back in his life. He was never good with women, having displayed his foolishness in that area to every female he ever tried to "woo". Nom had no problem with Jedi romances at all. He never really engaged in them himself however. The Force seemed to have different plans for his life, either that or he was just born with unfortunate social skills.

Nom's thoughts turned to his apprentice, having sensed his presence in the midst of the meeting. "Scorpio, I'll come find you after the meeting. We can head over to Gala together...

He turned his head in the direction of the Jedi Masters. It seemed things were calming slightly, Ara having ebbed her enthusiasm a bit. Nom took a moment just to observe his surrounds. The sky was a pure lushious blue, casting its radiance everywhere. The smiles adorning the Jedi's faces seemed to accompany the sun as its golden rays accentuated their faces. One didn't need the Force to sense the warmth here. This is what I fight for...The Jedi Master remembered each time his life had ended, the ultimate sacrifice. He remembered the sneer accompaying each Sith, each enemy. Their every effort looked to destroy this very moment. The thought that Nom made an impact, however small, on this moment made it all worth it. "This is life..."

The crowd began to disperse as the meeting came to an end. Nom inched his way over to Armiena. Her smile seemed contagious. Nom found himself wearing one too as he approached her. "I just want to say that I'm behind you one hundred percent. I know you'll take us places we've never been." The Jedi Master extended his hand. His eyes suddenly turned warmer, more personal. "And thanks for saving my life. No one deserves this position more than you."

While Nom shook his new leader's hand, he again took his vision to the heavens. This moment was an all too perfect. This moment was the target of evil, of all oppression, the end of every Sith's lightsaber. This moment was something the Jedi would never let die.

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom slowly made his way over to his apprentice, his thoughts on the comm he had just recieved from Aryian. It certainly was an interesting proposition. One he would have to think about after speaking with Scorpio. The image seemed to appear with the thought as the Jedi Master came within the presence of his padawan. A warm smile graced his face as he beheld his student.

"Looks like we need to head for Gala, and I don't have a ride."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Nom smiled, letting his eyes shine for the first time since he had arrived. "You have no idea." Nom's thoughts carried him to the past events. Through each conflict, deep breath, cornered thought, fear, he remembered his apprentice. The boy had faught with more intensity than Nom could have hoped. In fact, another look at Scorpio produced the beginnings of a man, the soft lines of maturity and experiance pertinating through his face. He was starting to know just how a Jedi lived, a lesson for more extensive and taxing than any training session. For Scorpio, that was far more important that defeating any bounty hunter.

"I can use some relaxation. Want to head for Gala and we can talk on the way?"

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal