Ossus

Tarrian Skywalker

Kel watched his master struggling to heal the bite mark the ghouls had inflicted on her back on Gala. the warped energies of the force that reanimated them seemed to be hindering the healing process. Normally Kel would have stepped in to assist by now, but she seemed intent on handling the injury herself. Then there was Master Tobias. After imbuing himself with that strange power, Kel wouldn't even know where to start treating him. Luckily we would soon arrive on Ossus and he would be able to receive treatment at that world's Jedi temple.

As much as he would have liked to get reacquainted with Frond, Kel knew that to continue on this mission without being a hindrance to the group, he would have to train.  After departing from the ship, Kel asked for directions to the temple training grounds. Once he was there, Kel removed his armor and robes, exposing his muscular torso, and neatly folded his robes placing the bundle in an out of the way spot so he could begin his training regimen. After a set of stretches to make his body more limber, Kel began beating on a wooden training dummy. He had been focusing on his saber training so much, that he had neglected keep up his hand to hand training. each hit on the dummy's wooden pegs causing a chain reaction that rotated other parts of the mechanism causing Kel to watch his footing while maintaining a steady stream of blocks and offensive blows. 

After that, Kel sat in the middle of the training grounds and began to meditate. he focused his breathing in through his nostrils and out through mouth. The young sage emptied his mind in pursuit inner peace and guidance from the force with each breath. As he meditated, his body levitated until it was roughly five feet from the ground. Kel contemplated the meaning behind his grandfather's words. the point between fury and peace. As a Baran Do sage and a Jedi, Kel believed seeking knowledge in the force and inner peace was his one goal in life. But he also knew that there were those who sought to disturb that peace and spread fear and darkness across the galaxy. Which is why he had taken up arms with the Jedi. The pain this war has and will continue to cause angered him. Gusts of wind began blowing through the training yard and swaying the branches of the trees. As a sage he was taught not to rush headlong into danger. He was told to wait until exactly right moment to act. It was then that Kel figured out the meaning behind his words. it was a metaphor for knowing when to take action. the sages and the Jedi do share one tenant. Trust in the force. Kel Felt the force flow into his body, empowering him with its light, wishing to be let loose in the physical plane. And so Kel outstretched his left hand and from it flew bright white streams of lightning that scorched the earth below.

The wind in the training yard died down and Kel fell to the ground on his feet and stared at the scorched earth and his hand. he could still feel it tingling from the energy that flowed through his finger tips but a moment ago. Then he began to laugh joyously at his accomplishment.

5V8Toxy.png

Kel turned toward the new arrival when he heard her stuttered question. whether it was a verbal tick or simply nervousness, he was unsure. The bird like woman that stood before him appeared to be giving him an inquisitive look so he believed it to be the former. "I guess you could say that. This is the first time I have used that power. So I got excited..." there was a brief moment of awkward silence as kel thought about his current position. Here he was half naked, shooting lightning from his finger tips, and laughing his butt off in a public space; and this woman was staring at him in utter confusion rightfully so. Without saying a word Kel walked over to the neatly folded bundle he had laid out earlier and began to redress. Once that was done, he introduced himself. "My name is Kel Koon. Former sage of Baran Do and Padawan to master Sandy. I'm sorry if I have caused any disturbance Miss..." @Trushaun

5V8Toxy.png

"The Baran Do sages are a group of force sensitives native to my home world of Dorin. Although I left them in order to become a Jedi...So you like plants huh? You'd probably get along with my friend, Frond. He's a Neti, or a big old walking tree as I'd like to call them." Then she admonished him for his use of the word power.  "Ah, I see. You'll have to forgive me. The sensation of using that ability felt so overwhelming that I just couldn't help describing it as anything else." As they spoke Kel noticed that some of the Fosh woman's feathers changed color. When she was questioning him they were a green color, but after he mentioned Master Sandy, She gained an excited look and they shifted to a bright orange. So green appeared to be curiosity and Orange was either excitement or happiness. "Yes, Master Sandy is here. Although you could say the circumstances are less than ideal. We've just arrived from Gala where we encountered some undead ghouls. We managed to escape mostly unscathed, But Master Tobias used some strange ability and now he's being treated here at the temple. So now we will have to complete our mission without him."  @Trushaun

Edited by karyu128
5V8Toxy.png

When the fosh woman asked about the trials, Kel took a moment to think. Ever since the war broke out, he hadn't thought about anything outside of that. Was he even ready for something like the trials? From what he's read at the Felucian temple archives, the trials were quite rigorous and deadly. Heck, that described his experiences with the war and this mission perfectly. Perhaps he had set foot on the path of the trials long ago.

his musings were interrupted when he felt a surge of darkness filled with hunger, desperation, and pain from somewhere outside the temple. His brow raised in shock as he realized that he had felt this darkness before. Something had happened to Frond and yet again he wasn't by his side to help him. The fosh woman handed him a set of medical vials before leaving to what he assumed to be the medical wing. Kel Followed the woman who had now identified herself as Trushaun, to the medical wing. There he saw Master Sandy tending to Frond as he laid in bed. "Frond..." Kel couldn't help but curse himself at his friend's injured state. He noticed the wound which looked as though it were left from a light saber was at a very odd angle. Almost as though it had been self inflicted. But Kel knew that Frond couldn't have been driven to thoughts of suicide so soon after returning to them. So what the kriff happened here? So kel pulled up a chair and sat by Frond's bedside opposite of their master, and asked the obvious question. "What happened?"

5V8Toxy.png