System: Adega

Orbital Position: 3

Moons: 2, Mim and Nerit

Grid Coordinates: S-12

Physical Information

Class: Terrestrial

Atmosphere: Type 1 Breathable

Primary Terrain: Hills, Mountains, Gorges, Forest, Caves

Points of Interest: Knossa Spaceport, Great Jedi Library, Imhar Canyon, Eocho Mountains, Jedi Temple

Societal Information

Indigenous Species: Ysanna

Immigrated Species: Humans

Primary Language(s):Galactic Standard Basic

Faction Affiliation: Jedi Order

Defense Rating:

JediRP Canon History:

The planet itself has become an ancient and old memory to the galaxy. Kyp Durron erased the location from the Imperial Records on Coruscant 10 years before the formation of the Galactic Alliance. It was only visited by Jedi seeking ancient knowledge from the great library or those looking for Kyber crystals in the old ruined temple on Knossa. The Temple was once called the Eye of Ashlanae. It was used in years prior for the Jedi Order to select a new Grandmaster after Hou-Jo blew up a temple with Jedi still in it after a battle and again served as a place of transfer of power from Dahar to Kirlocca a month before Kirlocca had the old Temple fixed and used as their main Jedi Temple.

The Jedi Temple was built upon the ruins of the Eye of Ashlanae. The ruined box pyramid was restored and added an inverted period like design to rest upon it, giving the Temple an hourglass shape. It carries all of the basic rooms, meditation chambers, council chambers, a small library, sleeping quarters, mess hall, training rooms and lecture halls. No defenses were added to the location, but an up-to-date communication arrays were installed to make it the central location for Jedi to stay in touch with Jedi all over the galaxy.

((Summary compiled by Wookiee Jedi. Thank you!))

"When in doubt, Get the Hell out!!!"

GalaxyMAP_Ossus.jpg

(The planet's position is indicated by Ossus and the red circle.)

Ossus, located in the Adega system (one of the six remaining Auril systems), orbits the twin Adegan suns in a figure-eight trajectory. It was an important Jedi stronghold and learning center in ancient times, and there is some speculation that the Order of Jedi Knights began on this planet. Ossus was once covered with many cities, and a range of rocky mountains was located near the Knossa spaceport. The steep canyon walls are still covered with elaborate murals, and the planet's atmosphere is charged with occasional electrical storms.

In Ancient time, following the Freedon Nadd Uprisings on Onderon, Jedi Master Arca planned to send the ancient Sith artifacts recovered from Freedon Nadd's ship there for examination, but Exar Kun was able to retrieve them first. In the chaos surrounding the Great Sith War, Aleema and Crado destroyed the Cron System, loctaed near the Adega System. Ossus was caught in the wave of destruction radiating from the supernova. The Jedi attempted to transport the artifacts and lore from the libraries there, but were only able to take a fraction of the wealth stored there over the millennia. In an attempt to preserve a cache of lightsabers, Master Ood Bnar initiated his lifecycle change, becoming a gnarled old tree with the lightsabers engtangled in his roots. He was nearly destroyed by the radiation from the Cron System.

About 4000 years ago all the cities of Ossus were abandoned during the Great Sith War. The Ysanna, a tribe of warrior-shamans who use the Force to guide their primitive weapons, took up residence on Ossus following its abandonment. Over the ages, great cities grew out of the planet's rough, irradiated terrain. In modern times, the planet was nearly wiped out during the Clone Wars. The enemies of the Jedi Knights struck there, attempting to destroy the stronghold and root out the Jedi. Although the planet was devastated, the Jedi survived. Later, following the death of Emperor Palpatine's first clone on Byss, Luke Skywalker and Kam Solusar discover the planet's ancient Jedi connection, and are directed there by Master Vodo's holocron just before Sedriss executed Operation Shadow Hand. There find the Ysanna tribe and the ancient Jedi Master Ood Bnar. The planet's electrical storms probably result from the near-devastation it suffered during the Clone Wars.

A 10,000 year-old lightsaber, given to Leia Organa Solo by Vima-Da-Boda, surfaced 800 years ago in an archaeological dig on Ossus. Luke Skywalker visited an arid, sandy portion of the planet during the Emperor's reappearance and discovered the Ysanna tribe, an ancient Jedi library, and a vault of lightsabers hidden beneath the roots of the Neti Jedi Master Ood Bnar. At the time of Skywalker's departure, the New Republic was planning to send in excavation teams to explore Ossus' ruins. While on an undercover mission to Borgo Prime thirteen years later, Skywalker and Tenel Ka claimed that they needed Corusca gems to open a sealed treasure vault located on Ossus.

In more recent times, Kyp Durron recovered some forgotten Jedi relics on Ossus, including a Holocron, a few lightsabers, and several books and scrolls... He also feels that there could still be some hidden vaults on Ossus, waiting to be found by someone who is persistant enough to search for them...

Thus begins the Kyberr Quest.

Edited by Guest

OssusApproach_sm.jpg

The Redemption emerged from hyperspace, and approached the blue-ish Jewel of a planet.

"Not picking up any major technology in use... the planet must have escaped detection from the Empire since the last time I was here. I had to slice into the Imperial Database on Coruscant back then to erase their records... That was back when my daugh..."

Kyp cut off abruptly... he almost slipped and mentioned his daughter, and he wasn't quite ready to tell Xae what happened with Serena yet. He thought quickly, and talked quickly to try and cover the slip.

"That was back when I found the Holocron and other Jedi artifacts I have locked back in my training room on Manaan. Ok... switch on the Ionization shielding... we're going to need it to get through the electrical storm we're bound to run into on the way down."

Xae looked up sharply, noticing that Kyp had made the slip, but as he'd covered it she decieded to let it drop, for the moment anyway. "You you and this planet have a lot of history, huh? Or is it the planet with the history and you just happen to be caught up in it?" At his mention of the electrical storms she thought it prudent to stay strapped in her seat. She pressed one of the many buttons that were on the panel on her left, switching on the Ionization shielding as Kyp had asked her to. "I have to admit...it is a lovely planet..though." She laughed as Kyp steered the Redemption through the planet's atmosphere. "So basically we're looking for some sort of Rock that responds to the Force?"

Edited by Guest

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

"I have a bit of History... but this planet is rumored to be the very origin of the Jedi, at least that's what Master Vodo says in the Holocron. As for the 'rock' we're looking for, it's a special crystal artifact from the Sith War era. It doesn't so much respond to the Force as amplify certain aspects of it. Aspects we'll need if the Jedi are to help the Rebellion against the Empire."

The shuttle groaned and shuddered as it flew through the twilight halo separating the pitch black of space from the hazy atmosphere of the cloudy, blue-jewel planet. Kyp grunted as he struggled with the sluggish controls, unable to see anything through the misty clouds obscuring the transparisteel canopy. The ship bucked and shook like a living thing as multiple lightning bolts struck it. Suddenly, an ear-splitting CRACK, and everything in the cockpit went dark. With a shower of sparks from the control panel, and the sickly sweet metallic smell of melting electronics, the Ionization shield failed and the Lambda-Class shuttle went dead-stick, stalling into a free-fall.

Xae looked at Kyp, obviously scared... She noticed that Kyp's eyes were narrowed to mere slits, his brows knitted as if in concentration. She opened her mouth... but before whe could speak, however, Kyp held a hand up to silence her. Her thoughts are so full of panic... Calm Xae... Calm. Trust me... Trust the Force.

Kyp took a deep breath and released both of his hands from the controls of the shuttle, placing them in front of his chest, fingertips from each hand not quite touching. Xae imagined she saw a faint blue glow emanating from his fingertips, but couldn't be sure... it could just be the lightning playing tricks on her eyes. As she watched him, the sweat on his brow starting to trickle down his face, he reached out with his hands, palms down, and suddenly the ship's erratic fall halted gently, the ship's repulsorllifts appearing to have kicked back in... but no, the control panels were still dead, and the shuttles engines were as quiet as the grave. one final CRACK of lighting and thunder, a slight whooshing sound, and then they broke through the cloud canopy. The ground below was slowly coming into focus, and instead of the rushing fall of death that Xae expected, the shuttle's approach to the ground was gentle. With a grinding crunch of scraping and splintering gears, the wings of the Lambda-Class shuttle slowly folded up to their landing position. Then the shuttle gently set down on the ground, almost more gently than if she had been riding on the repulsorlifts. Once the ship was on the ground, Kyp exhaled and relaxed. Xae looked at him in awe... she hadn't yet seen this sort of Force power in use... manipulation of a physical structure of this magnitude with simply the power of the Force had, until that very moment, seemed impossible.

Xae was still shaking slightly from the adrinaline rush as she unbuckled herself from the seat. "Any landing you can walk away from..." she muttered to herself. She took a moment to calm her mind before she stood up still a little shaky, but otherwise fine. "You okay Kyp?" She waved away the smell of the burnt electronics. She looked out nervously over the terrain from the main viewport. "So what's the damage?"

Kyp looked at the contol panels, which were still smoking. He tried a couple of buttons, with no response... "It looks like the reactor needs repaired. Just a guess... the ship's out of power, and these panels will have to be replaced or repaired." He looked out of the transparisteel canopy. "See those buildings on that mountain? That may be the old Jedi Temple. We need to make it there... the ship is useless to us as she is."

Xae-Lin looked out over trees to the moutains in the distance, frowning a bit, "You mean those odd little specks?" She sighed. This was shaping up to be one hell of an adventure alright. "It's not like I'm ungreatful or anything, but do you think that you could've maybe, oh I don't know, tried to land us a bit closer to the temples?" She didn't wait for an answer, but instead turned on her heel and went to see if R2-E6 was still opterational. Then something clicked in her brain and she wheeled back around to Kyp, "Wait a minute...Did I hear your voice in my head when everything went out? Or has being around you this long caused me to start hearing voices?"

"All things happen for a purpose..." The Jedi smiled as he looked at his young apprentice."You heard me, not voices... Through the Force, Jedi can communicate to each other telepathically... that you were able to 'hear' it instead of thinking it was your own thought means you've been practicing the meditation techniques I've been teaching you... well done."

The apprentice laughed, "Well it's not like I was taught much else to practice..." The petite young woman continued to the back of the cockpit, hoping that R2 hadn't been fried as well with the rest of the electronics. She pulled off one of the panel coverings that had been knocked from its proper position in the panel above her, "Uh...Kyp...I think that you better come look at this..." Having lived most of her life on Darthomir, she hadn't had all that much experiance with droids (okay, before she met up with Kyp she'd had none), so she wasn't sure if R2 was alright or not, he was on his side and she knew that she'd never be able to right him again. So carefully she brushed away some of the loose wires that had been exposed so that they wouldn't interfere further with the droid.

"R2, you allright?" Kyp asked the purplish-blue and white astromech droid. R2-E6 bleeped an afirmative, and then a string of inquisitive beeps. "It'll be all-right R2, we'll get you righted once we're outside... without the landing gear down, the boarding ramp isn't going to open all the way... I'd have had to put you on your side anyway." Kyp opened a panel by the boarding ramp, and switched it over to manual over-ride. He worked the pneumatic pump, and then hit the release lever. The boarding ramp extended about half-way, stopping when it hit the rocky ground.

Xae looked at the just over three-and a half foot opening out into the rocky terrain outside the ship. "I guess I'll go out first then..." she said as she ducked through the opening, her hand resting near her blaster and long knife. Her senses were alert, if there was anything or anyone out there the Redemption's landing wouldn't have gone unnoticed. "Okay...Looks to be clear..." she called back through to Kyp.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

Kyp had sensed the men watching the ship, waiting for someone to emerge... Mercenaries or smugglers, most likely here searching for ancient and valuable artifacts left behind on the deserted planet. They obviously had seen the ship's near crash, and had come to investigate. Although Kyp sensed their presence, he said nothing to Xae... she needed to learn to be more aware of her surroundings, and if it came to blows, he wouldn't let anything serious happen to her. He grabbed two large belt packs, and filled them with rations. They would be able to find water in the Jungle easy enough. double checking the rest of the ship, he grabbed the personal com-link microcomputer unit and clipped it to his belt alongside the food pack. R2-E6 whistled an inquisitive string of beeps.

"Yes, R2, I'm sure it's perfectly safe for you to come along... I'll have you out of the ship and back on your wheels in a sec."

Kyp crawled out of the shuttle on his hands and knees, bumping his head on the overhead part of the hatchway. Hearing Xae giggle at this, he just shook his head and continued until he could stand up. He looked at Xae, an indignant expression on his face.

"And what are you laughing at?" Kyp asked her.

"I guess it pays to be short sometimes," Her eyes glittered in mirth. "That and I find it humourous that the great Jedi Knight hit his head." She looked out towards the trees, trying to get a lay of the land, then she turned to Kyp, "So is R2 staying?" She asked curiously then noticing the food pack on his belt Xae added, "And I'm guessing that I'm to find my own food then?"

Kyp reached into his cloak, pulled out another belt pack, and tossed it to Xae. As she reached to catch it, Kyp gestured to the pack, causing it to stop in mid-air, just out of her reach as she jumped to try and catch it. "Patience, Xae... you assume too much. I wouldn't make you fend for yourself when it comes to food, you ought to know that by now." Kyp said with a wounded look on his face.

Xae gave him an annoyed look, "I know that Kyp. And you should know by now that I enjoy giving you a hard time, you know...keeping you on your toes and all that." She gave it another try, her fingers just barely brushing the food pack. She was steadily becoming annoyed with him, but she wisely opted to go for the mind-blanking technique he'd taught her to control her annoyance. "So are we just going to hang around here or are we going on the Great Galactic Scavenger Hunt?"

Kyp let the pack drop into her open hands as soon as she took her eyes off of it. As she caught it, he turned his attention to the astromech droid. "Yes, we're going, as soon as I get R2 out of..." SPANG!, Kyp was cut off, by a blaster bolt splattering against the hull of the Redemption...

Xae-Lin took her own blaster from her hip as she clipped the food pack to her own belt. The petite girl moved back towards what cover the ship afforded, "This just keeps getting better doesn't it?" Whoever was shooting at them must have been the life that she'd been sensing, though she just thought that it belonged to whatever fauna called this planet home.

Kyp drew the old lightsaber from his belt and ignited the purple-white blade with a snap-hiss, with less than half a second to spare, intercepting and deflecting the next incoming blaster bolt as he brought the lightsaber blade to attention. Reaching out with his feelings, he surrendered to the Force, letting it guide him as he spun to the right to deflect three bolts from hitting Xae, and another from hitting himself. Calmly, Kyp extended a hand toward the two figures barely visible in the brush just before the treeline, and two blasters flew up into the air, appearing to have been thrown by the strangers... but that wasn't right, the figures in the brush hadn't raised their hands to throw anything. Seeing that they were now unarmed, Xae carefully aimed her blaster to finish them off, but was stopped by Kyp before she could squeeze the trigger. "There is no need to kill... they are unarmed now, and pose little threat. Jedi do not kill needlessly." Kyp said with a strange smile.

She looked up at the Jedi Knight questioningly, but nodded and holstered her weapon. Though in her mind she thought that just because the obvious weapons were gone, that didn't mean that those two weren't dangerous. She was definately not happy about being shot at, especially after a near-crash landing on an unfamiliar planet. "Are the locals always this friendly?" The young woman said as she came to stand beside Kyp, her eyes scanning the tree line as she spoke, trying to stay on the alert for any other threats. Xae-Lin Ardel was not one who enjoyed being taken by suprise. Wisely she tamped down her irritation and tried to focus on the matter at hand. "I get the feeling that someone or something does not want us here Kyp."

Watching as the two shadowy figures ran away, Kyp closed down the Lightsaber and clipped it to his belt. "The 'locals' try to stay out of sight, mostly... those two were more than likely pirates or smugglers. This planet has lots of lost treasures, waiting to be found."

Turning his attention back to the astromech, still lying on his side in the cargo hold, Kyp gestured to him, levitating him off the ground and carefully out the half-opened boarding ramp. Once safely on all three treads, R2-E6 chortled a thankfull whistle. "Come on Xae, let's get started... it's going to be dark in a couple hours, and we'll need to find a good spot to camp before that."

Xae nodded, A secure camp, she thought sardonically. Her face was hard set as she kept aware for anymore of the pirates, smugglers or whoever the heck they were. "So how long ago was it that you were actually here? And if this place has so many valueable artifacts, why hasn't the New Republic done anything about protecting this place?" She gave the little astromech droid a fond little pat as she walked by it. Then, gracefully leaping from rock to rock oddly not disturbing them or stumbling on the loose hunks of earth-tempered mineral mixtures, she approached the treeline and waited to R2 and Kyp. Though her trek through the rocky terrian between the ship and the surrounding jungle, she appeared to be careless, as though she weren't fully aware of her immediate surroundings, Xae was anything but unaware of what was going on in her immediate vicinity, as much as her training and senses would allow her to be.

psvBwny.jpg

Kyp reached out with the Force and checked to make sure the attacked had indeed fled before he and Xae ventured into the jungle. Sensing that they were gone, he turned back to Xae

"The New Rebellion hasn't really given the Jedi much thought from what I've seen... very few people actually know of this place. Those smugglers were either lucky or unfortunate to find this planet. In either case, they are probably stranded more or less the same as we are." Kyp smiled another one of his all-knowing smiles... "Except I've been here before, which gives us the advantage. Come... we'll head north, toward where the sun is setting behind that mountain over there."

Xae looked at her Jedi friend and master as they made their way north, "If they're stranded as we are Kyp," she paused as she took out her long knife to cut away at the underbrush in order to present them with a clearer path. "Then perhaps they've been here long enough to become familiar with the terrain and layout as you are. If that's the case then they maybe dangerous or desperate to get off of this planet." The young woman shrugged. "Then again...I think that I'm babbling out-loud again...Sorry Kyp." Her knife became lodged in a tree trunk and she had to brace her boot against the wood that held the weapon captive and pull with much of her strength just to get it free once again. Suddenly the knife came free and the young woman was momentarily caught off-balance, but quickly regained her footing, though her knife-bearing hand went out wide, nearly cutting Kyp, had the Jedi not dodged at the last instant. She turned to face her Jedi Master, "Sorry about that...and sorry about this, but someone's got to say it. That was a close shave."

Kyp absent-mindedly brushed his palm over his smoothly shaved head..."That's ok, just try to be careful" It was rough going for the next hour or so, until they came to a small clearing. Kyp looked around, making sure everything was ok."This looks like a good spot for camp. I'll start setting up the shelter."

"Okay. I'm going to do a bit of scouting of the immediate area, perhaps set a few early warning systems." Xae didn't wait for a response, but instead scrambled up the nearest tree with such ease that she was high and conceiled with in its boughs before Kyp had even set to work on the shelters. "Kyp, I'll stay within ear shot." Her voice called from over-head and to Kyp's right. "Besides, when was the last time we really got to have an adventure?"

psvBwny.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Kyp shook his head and watched as she skittered up the tree, and into the jungle canopy above it. She was truly in her element here... the last time we got to have an adventure... Kyp thought to himself. His thoughts wandered to another time, a long time ago, when he'd last been on Ossus. Of the times he and his daughter had in training at the Jedi Library... A Jedi seeks not adventure... that was what went wrong before. I should have minded what Master Luke told me concerning adventure... then perhaps Serena would still be here. Kyp breathed in and held it, willing the negative thoughts of guilt and pain away as he exhaled slowly. No... Always in motion is the future, and one must not dwell on the past, for it may well cost the future at the expense of the present. All will be well this time. Kyp got up from meditating and checked his wrist chrono. Three hours? hmm... it's been a long time since I got lost in meditation for that long. Kyp then bent down to pick up the main supports of the temporary shelter and finished building the little hut-shaped chambers.

It was nearly dark when the Dathomirian native returned to the camp, decending from one of the trees rather than walking in from the underbrush. Dropping lightly to her feet she approached Kyp. "The camp of the two that attacked us is about a mile and a half away in," she paused to get her bearings then pointed northwest, "that direction, maybe a little more west. I got just close enough to tell that there are only two of them, but I was careful not to be detected. There are other settlements in the opposite direction, but I don't think that they'll be a threat...at least I don't sense it." Xae-Lin looked at the temporary shelter that Kyp had just finished building. "Sorry I was gone so long. It's nice to be outside again." The young woman smiled happily as she say next to the Jedi. "What were you up to while I was gone?" She asked. "More research? Or just meditiating?"

Kyp waved a hand towards the now-constructed shelters. "I was busy setting up camp... thanks for the help." He said dryly

Xae smiled misciviously, "You're welcome." Then she thought for a moment, "I guess that means that I've got dinner to cook then?" She laughed, then her expression turned curious for a moment. "Kyp...You know I don't mean to pry but...well...I was wondering...why were you on Dathomir in the first place five years ago...I mean...it's not as though it's a major tourist destination or anything..." Lately, after her first encounter with the other Jedi on Manaan, and Kyp's succinct decision to leave for Ossus soon after their arrival, she'd come to wonder and question somethings that she'd always just accepted as either good fortune, coincidence, or just plain luck. Furthermore, seeing the reactions and interactions between Kyp and the other Jedi made her wander about what had happened to her friend and teacher.

Kyp looked at her, a sad expression on his face. "This place is tied to a past that I must confront if I am to move on. There are many tests in a Jedi's life. When we met on Dathomir, I was running from that past. I've now come back to confront it, and put to rest the spirit..." he turned away from her and seemed to stare past the trees that surrounded the camp before finishing his sentence, "... of my daughter."

Xae was silent for a moment, finally she whispered, "Oh." She put a hand on his shoulder gently, "Was she a Jedi too?" Xae wasn't sure if he wanted to talk about it and she wasn't going to press him. The petite young woman began to set out the preperations to cook their ration packs as she listened to Kyp.

"Her mother was a Jedi... She died while giving birth to Serena... I took care of her as best I could, and started her training at a very young age. Unfortuneately, I also sheltered her too much from the realities of this galaxy. In the end, we were blinded by one of my other apprentice's deception. I've failed in a few things in life, and failing my daughter was one of them that I just couldn't deal with."

Xae looked down for a moment in empathy then things became a little clearer to her, "The Dark Side...I came from a clan of Dark Magic users...that's why you were wary of teaching me much of anything after you helped me escape them. I understand now. I'm sorry." She opened one of the rations packages and put it on the heating unit.

"It's ok, it's not your fault. But the Force moves in mysterious ways indeed... if I hadn't ran from the guilt and pain, we would have never met... and you probably would have been pressed into a life of hatred and darkness by now."

"Or dead." She added flatly. To her that would have been the most likely option if Kyp hadn't come along. She would likely be dead, either by her own hand or from the Sisters' punishments for her almost annual escape attempts. "Were you looking for the same artifact when you were last here?"

"No... No, I only recently learned of the Crystal while studying the Holocron... The holocron is more or less a Force-interactive database of history and teachings. If we find this crystal, it may help the rebellion once again gain a foothold in their struggle with the Empire."

Xae nodded her understanding and she could sense that this conversation had run its course as she finished preparing the food packs. She handed one to Kyp as they ate in relative silence.

psvBwny.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

The next day, Xae-Lin awoke with a start, feeling that something was odd. As she got up and slipped on her tunic and robes, she reached out with the Force, trying to get a sense of what was wrong. When she felt for her master, he wasn't there. Alarmed, she rushed out of her shelter, blaster drawn, and ran toward the edge of the camp. There were a couple large, twisted trees at the edge of the camp, and she edged around the nearest of them quickly, almost expecting to run into danger immediately. Instead, she ran smack into Kyp, who had an ear to ear grin on his face. Scowling, she holstered her blaster. Kyp just looked down at her and laughed again."Sleep well?", he asked.

Her eyes narrowed at the Jedi, "A bit too well it would seem. Why didn't you wake me? I was worried." She sighed and shook her head. "Why are you so happy this morning?" She was a little irritated that Kyp had left her, but she inwardly knew that he'd have a good reason for doing so, as he rarely left her with out knowing that she was safe.

psvBwny.jpg

"As I was meditating this morning, I felt something... I had to go check it out. I infused this area with a Force Barrier just in case anyone decided to snoop around... that's why you couldn't sense that I had left initially. When I came back, I decided to test your danger sense, to see how you'd react. Well done, except you should have reached out a bit more with the Force before blindly rushing into danger... but the fault is not entirely your own. Dathomirians generally use the most direct approach. Here's why I left..."

Kyp extended his partially cybernetic left hand, revealing what he had found.

JediArtifact1.jpg

"I believe this is the Kyberr crystal which we seek... Master luke found a related crystal, the Kaiburr Crystal on the planet Mimban a long time ago... that crystal was deeply connected with the Sith Planet on which it resided, and lost more of it's power the further away from Mimban it travelled. It was a red crystal, unlike this purple one... and it wasn't set into a decorative base like this one. Curious... It's almost like an ancient holoprojector, some pre-holocron technology or something like it. Anyway, shards of the original Kaiburr Crystal were later used as focusing crystals in some of the lightsabers constructed at Master Luke's Jedi Academy on Yavin IV... including mine. Perhaps that's why I felt the urge to seek this crystal out."

Kyp handed the artifact to Xae, and the weight of it surprised her... it was uncommonly heavy for it's size.

"There is balance in everything... Just as the Light Side of the Force cannot exist without the dark, I believe that this Crystal is a Light Side Artifact, just as the Kaiburr Crystal was of Sith Origins. The Holocron spoke of this Artifact as being ancient, and was used to enhance Jedi Battle Meditation in the great Sith War. With any luck, it will help us in the coming war with the New Empire. Keep it safe, Xae..."

Xae stared as Kyp's form started to fade before her eyes.

"Xae... You have done well in the short time I have actually trained you in techniques and how to feel and use the Force. What you don't know, is that I have been teaching you little things all these years... All those talks about the Galaxy and how all life is tied together... About how Honor, Peace, and Wisdom are important... all of those are truths that are rooted in the Force. Every Jedi feels the Force... Every Jedi seeks Knowledge, which you have... And Every Jedi must face their Destiny. And now I must face mine... The Force has called to me... And I must answer that call. You will be safe here Xae... The Redemption is repaired, and she's yours now, should you decide to leave Ossus. I will come back for you... I promise."

Kyp's form faded into a shadow, and then into nothingness... Xae set about to right the Camp, and then she needed to meditate... She had choices before her, and for the first time in her life, freedom...

A few miles away, a battered old junk freighter rose, protesting with a high pitched whine... the ship had seen better days, and Kyp doubted if the life support systems would hold throughout the flight to Coruscant... but the message jeft for him on the Redemption's comm had sounded urgent. He COULD take the Redemption, which was the easiest path... but the easy path is not the way of the Jedi. The junk freighter streaked off for space, leaving the Jewel-blue planet of Ossus behind him.

• 1 month later...

::The Starweaver comes out of orbit over the planet Ossus, and descends to the desolate surface. Twice had the surface of Ossus been virtually obliterated, first by the Sith several millenia ago, then by the steel legions. Tzeentch arrived at the designated meeting location just as several metallic warriors came into view.::

I trust you came here undetected, there would be rather severe consequences for both us if word of this meeting got out.

MGw9G2u.jpg

::Tzeentch gestures and a green glowing crystal levitates out of his robes and into reaching distance of the alien.::

This data crystal contains all of the nav data and technical specifications you need. If you have need of any more services, you may contact me, provided our understanding is kept.

MGw9G2u.jpg

Impressive, sorceror, perhaps we will have need of you in the future. For now though, take these Iron Demons and Ratama Urinsho.

*Sakuda watched the sorceror leave with his new aquisitions.*

He had metal in him, but i could not detect any implants. A most enigmatic ally, perhaps when the time comes he will see the truth in our path. But now, the fires of war must spread with abandon.

sigxor.jpg

• 1 month later...

The requiem came out of hyperspace with it's crew of 3 people, Nom, Yue, and it's captain, Delita.

"what a beautiful sight..." Delita sighed to himself. one of his favorite planets, and he would be trained to become a jedi on it!

Delita.jpg

accept the challenges so you can feel the exhiliration of victory
-General George S. Patton

The smell of cool fresh air was welcomed in Nom's nostrils. It had been a while since he had took a moment to appreciate nature for what it was, a haven for all those who seek peace. Which was exactly what Nom was trying to do at the moment.

After gathering the necessary supplies from within the requiem, Nom ventured deeper into the mountainous region with Delita and Yue right behind him. He picked a spot just outside a cave that wasn't too far from the ship.

He set up all of the supplies in order to make their current location hospitable.

"We'll be camping out here for a while, in order to get in touch with the force and its aspects in nature. I'm assuming that both of you don't yet have the knowledge of using the force, but tell me, do either of you possess knowledge about the force itself?"

nom2.jpg

Justice without force is powerless; force without justice is tyrannical

- Blaise Pascal

"the force and midichlorians" Delita smiled, "The organism that lives within humans and other species. the force is a birthright, and midichlorians flow within you addind what i like to call 'second sight' that is the jest of what i know"

Delita stopped to breath the mountain air. Ossus, Delita's homeworld, he'll admit anytime to attempting to sneaking into the library and studying the nature of the force. He never did find out what was his family's fate, nor did he care. He didn't want his emotions to run him, he was told that a great jedi once claimed, "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate, leads to suffering..." and he feared it would lead him to the dark side.

He sat down and closed his eyes, attempting to relax for a minute. anything that wasn't a large city was the type of places he loved. just resting in the mountains made him feel ready for whatever his master threw at him. indeed, he WAS ready...

Delita.jpg

"Well, I all I know of the force is that there is two sides. The light side, and the Dark side. The Jedi use the light side and the Sith use the dark side. Other than that, I know nothing else of it."

He finsihed what he said and looked around. He understood why Delta said this planet was perfect, for it was truly peaceful.

life is what you make it

I was going to put a nice wonderful little sig here but I lost the code.

The world of Ossus, seemingly resistant to all attempts by the will of Man to destroy the secrets which she kept, loomed like a violet gem as the Millennium Skyray reverted into realspace in a shimmer of light and pseudo-motion. It was here that he had been instructed to journey, and so he had, finally, after several long detours. There was something that the Jedi Knight needed to do here, far apart from what he had told his companions that were, presumably, still on Borleias.

After running a sensor sweep of the system, Ben'a was slightly surprised to see that someone had arrived already, and more important, it was someone familiar. With a contemplative sigh, the Jedi eased his ship into the atmosphere, finally setting down alongside the Requiem after orbiting once the world below. With a loud hisssss, the boarding ramp opened, and Ben'a, dressed in his black Jedi robes but with a cloned nerf duster over them, descended to the surface. There were not many trees in this area, and the ones that Ben'a could see were small and scraggly, but his Force-sense was telling him that there were other Jedi close about in the mountains.

No, I'll not bother them.

Doing an about-face, Ben'a quickly reboarded his ship, and once again took off to find a better place. His task was not here, that much he knew, and as he flew on away from where the other Jedi had made their camp, he reached out with his own powerful connection to the Force. It was drawing him steadily further away from the camp, over forests, rivers, the ruins of former cities, the beginnings of new ones, but mostly over vast tracts of wastelands. Unsure what it was that he was supposed to be looking for, Ben'a flew on for several hours, not daring to go very fast in case he missed where it was that he needed to be...

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Nom nodded, they still had much to learn.

"The true meaning of the force cannot be explained in words, it is something that needs to be experienced. You should be able to experience this close to the end of your training. I personally felt it when I was in the middle of constructing my lightsaber on the planet Ilum. But we'll talk about that later."

Without warning, a rock shot into the open from within the nearby cave. It almost grazed the side of Yue's ear as it flew towards the Jedi Knight. It came within inches of his face before it stopped in mid-air. It fell to the ground slowly in front of Delita and moved no more.

"This is one of the most common uses of the force. Levitation is a vital skill to have during any situation." As Nom spoke another rock came floating towards camp from within the forest. It stopped and fell in front of Yue. "I want you two move these rocks with the force. Don't be ashamed if you don't succeed on your first attempt. Using the force for the first time is not an easy task."

Nom cleared his throat before continuing.

"Close your eyes and clear your mind. This should be difficult at first, but it will come easier with practice. Once you have done that, you should feel something stirring inside you. Release this feeling into your mind and the rest of your body. Let it surround you. When this happens, you will feel it within you, making your senses stronger. It should flow in like water. Let this control your senses, use it to see and feel and hear without opening your eyes. Once you master the art of calling the force to you, the rest is smooth sailing."

"Perhaps the hardest part of using the force is directing it in the way that you want it to go. In this case, you want to use the force to levitate the rocks now sitting before you."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Trying to do as Master Nom said, he was right it was hard to clear my mind. Events and pictures flood my mind leaving it impossable to focus. I tried and could not clear my head till I foucsed on one thing, what might parents have looked like. Then finaly I cleared my mind of that. I felt nothing in my mind but one force, I couldn't explain what it was.

Then as master Nom said I realeased it into the rest of my body. I felt like somthing awakened, I then felt the wind on my skin, the nosie around me became sharper, I could smell the the air around me. I could almost see the rock infront of me. I tried and focused on the rock, I put all of my focus onto and lost the feeling that surround my body. I felt tried as I opened my eyes, the rock did not move.

"Master Nom, I felt the force in body and it did as you said it would. I could not move the rock, but I understand why some Jedi say that learning about and how to use the force is hardest thing to do."

life is what you make it

I was going to put a nice wonderful little sig here but I lost the code.

"I will give it a try..." Delita closed his eyes and took a deep breath. At first, he saw flashes of memories long lost, ideas and thoughts that didn't help him... after a while of relaxing, he managed to empty his mind and let the force flow in him, "guiding" you can say. he raised his hand and pointed it towards the stones, in the inside of his eyelids, he could see another hand grabbing the stone, as if it was helping him.

an emotion filled him, exitement. he was glad to see that he was doing something. unfortunately, that lost his trail of concentration. when he opened his eyes, he only saw the stone roll over.

"...it's an improovment..." he was glad to see that he did SOMETHING, maybe soon enough, he'd manage to lift it.

Delita.jpg

There was not a sound that can be heard from the campsite, but the camp was ripe with intensity. The force flowed from the two padawans for the first time; it was almost like a whole new miracle in and of itself. Nom could feel the force surrounding the two, like and aura of protection and life. The battle was half won.

"Very good!" Nom almost yelled. He couldn't have been prouder. Delita and Yue had successfully called the force to them. Nom could feel it and so could they. Their paths towards becoming a Jedi Knight just got a little easier.

"I could feel the force flowing within each of you and I'm sure you did to. That means your half-way there. Not bad for the first try. Now all you have to do is harness this newfound power and direct it towards the rocks. Its like your tying an invisible rope onto the rock, but it can stretch as far as you want it to. I want you to try it again, but this time, try to let the force guide you."

nom2.jpg

- Blaise Pascal

Firmly intent on finding what he sought, Ben'a continued to pour over the controls of his vessel, still flying through the atmosphere of Ossus. As he drew further off of his original landing point, a new stimulus began to attract his attention. Nom Anorus and his Padawans were not the only Force-sensitive on this world. As he continued to fly low along the surface, his sensors began to beep, and Ben'a looked at the readouts briefly.

"So, someone else is here..." he muttered as the signature of the modified Lambda-class shuttle appeared on the readout. That wasn't the only thing out there, though; the shuttle had been landed, and a campsite had been set up around it. As the Jedi Knight approached the camp, he extended his Force-sense out, trying to get an idea of who this was he had come across. What he was feeling made him wonder; this young woman was clearly Force-intuative, but it was also apparent that she had had considerable training in how to use her gift. And yet...there was something else about her...

In the end, Ben'a chose to investigate for himself who this mysterious young person, with the potential for Jedi Knighthood, was. Still flying low and slow, he approached the campsite cautiously, finally landing next to the Lambda-class shuttle.

"Greetings, my friend," he said to the girl ((Xae-Lin Ardel)), who had been startled to see the sudden appearance of the Millennium Skyray. "My name is Ben'a Solo, Jedi Knight. May I ask why a person like you is out here in the middle of nowhere?"

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

Delita nodded. There is no "try... Once again, he raised his arm and closed his eyes...

At first, he tried to hard to see the hand he saw last time. And so he saw nothing. He relaxed a bit more and felt a sort of grasping on his shoulders, as if someone was there, assuring him he was doing something right. Then, all of a suden, he saw the stone in his mind, no hand to help this time, just the stone...

Reaching out, as if he was destined to grasp the tiny pebble, he closed his hands around the figure. ...I can feel it! he thought to himself. His hand outside of his body didn't move, it was still pointing at the stone. in his mind, he lifted up the stone, outside, his hand just moved upwards. And the most amazing thing happened...... So Did The Stone!

This time, he made sure he did not get exited, he just allowed The assuring spirit to assist him, "guiding him" showing him the stone in his mind, and helping him lift it. for some odd reason, he felt no weight, just a simple form of matter levitating a few feet from his hands.

This was the most wonderful thing to happen to Delita

He let out a small smirk, and pulled the stone towards him and grasped it...

"At the great library, there is a saying about the force i heard about" Delita began, "'There is no try, Either you do or do not' and i have"

Delita.jpg