The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Ben'a watched as Dhan-Jaroe left in disgust. The reasons seemed perfectly clear, as well as justified, to the Knight that had brought him to Manaan. Hou-Jo Poleb had wanted to see him for some reasons unknown, yet he and the Council had completely ignored his and Master Kenobi's arrival. Turning on his heel, Ben'a strode off in pursuit of the Council members as they filed out, finally seeing Tares Vortex, his old master Keiran, and the newly-made Padawan, Skye. There was a certain feeling that Ben'a could sense between Tares and Skye; a sort of link. Ben'a's face was a mask as he approached the Jedi Master; he did not want to show the mild frustration he felt. When he spoke, his voice was calm and level.

"Master Tares, I have been wandering about the ship, with nothing to do, for quite a while now. I wish to go out into the galaxy to do something useful, but something that isn't of a personal nature. When I brought Master Kenobi here, I thought that something might be achived, but I was disappointed. I need not action or adventure, just something useful; a quest, if you will. Could you help me?"

Ben'a clasped his arms behind his back as he waited for Tares to respond.

"Ihre ganze Unterseite sind gehören uns..."

goodwoodsig.jpg

Proud Member of the J.Net Addicts' Club since March, '04!

The Original Anti-P.I.M.P.

Founder, The Satirist's Guild

The transport landed with a thud, and Ian was ushered out of the back. He looked around himself and all he could see was commotion and business. He didn't know where or who to turn to next.

What am I supposed to do now? he said to himself. Who am I supposed to talk to?

He wandered around aimlessly looking someone who looked important, so he could ask.

A steadily-beeping alarm woke Kyp Durron from sleep. The Redemption was approaching the pre-set Coordinates that Kyp had recieved from the Hypercomm Beacon. Kyp rose and donned his jedi tunic, pants, and boots, finally putting on his weapon belt. Grabbing his lightsaber from it's stand on the armoire by his bed, he rushed out of his quarters, clipping the lightsaber to his belt as he walked briskly to the cockpit. He paused for a moment as he sat down, admiring the ever-familiar blue-white swirl of hyperspace. I still remember seeing it for the first time after Han rescued me from Kessel... how it inspired me with awe. Now, it is still a comfortable sight to behold, even after all I've been through. I just hope I'm not too late...

He reached for the Hyperdrive Actuator Lever, de-activating the Hyperdrive and simultaneously kicking in the sublight engines. The blue-white swirl of Hyperspace resolved itself into starlines, which then rendered into the millions of pinpricks of light as the starfield came into sharp focus. The watery planet of Manaan loomed in the distance, dwarfing the Lambda-class Shuttle. So this is the new home of the Jedi... He reached for the comm unit, opening a pre-set channel.

"This is Jedi Knight Kyp Durron... I felt a great disturbance in the force, and have returned from my travels in the Unknown Regions to aid the Jedi... I request permission to land, and to speak with the head of the Jedi Order. I will remain here in orbit until you respond. Kyp Durron, out."

Kyp ended the transmission, and left the comm channel set to passive scan. He sat back in the pilot's chair, his hands resting on his chest, fingers interlocked as if in deep thought. A slender figure caught his peripheral vision. Xae-Lin Ardel, the force-sensitive girl he had rescued from Dathomir, entered the cockpit gracefully and without a sound.

"Dammit Xae! How many times have I told you not to sneak up on me when I'm deep in thought?" said Kyp

She replied coldly, "You're the one who didn't wake me when we left Hyperspace, like I asked you to. Besides... it keeps you on your toes, and you're the one who's always telling me that a Jedi needs to remain aware of their surroundings at all times."

Kyp sighed... "All right, fair enough."

She eyed the comm and asked, "So, have the illustrious Jedi answered you yet? I still don't see why we have to go out of our way to this backwater planet. It's not like you owe them any favors."

Shaking his head, Kyp responded, "A Jedi goes where he is needed, Xae... It's not a matter of favors being owed, it is a responsibility. But to answer your question, no. No response yet, so we wait..."

Edited by Guest

Eli sighs as see puts some blue robs that were left in her room. She puts her belt and straps her blaster to it. Her blaster is the only thing she has left now. The love of her life, her ship, had been blown to pieces with Hoth. Not to mention all of the other things that went up with it. It looked like she was going to have to stay with the jedi awhile.

Eli realizes that she is extremly hunger and heads out of her room into the canteen area, good thing she didn't need money, she was out of that too. When she got her food, it didn't look like[ i]it[/i] could eat her, so she sat down off by herself and ate like a mad women.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood..."-Theodore Roosevelt-

Scorp had taken a quick nap. Suprised that he had even fallen asleep he quickly cleaned up and refasened his cape.

"I serously should have had a cape a while ago."

Scorp then exited his room as his stomic did a growl.

"hmmmmmm guess I should go find some food."

Scorp was so absorbed infinding food that when he round a corner he crashed into someone he had never seen before. Falling on his butt Scorp stared at Ian.

"Uh oh so very sorry I was kind of absorbed in looking for food."

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Darex turned to the apprentice that had walked up to him. "No, I'm not lost--just a little bored. Thanks for the offer. I'm Darex, by the way," he said, sticking out his hand.

The apprentice introduced himself as Onderin Starlisk, Keiran's padawan.

"Nice to meet you," Darex replied. He stretched out with the Force, finally sensing Ben'a's presence. "I'm going down to see Master Ben'a. I think he's in the same room as Master Tares. Would you like to accompany me?"

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Onderin smiled, "Sure. I beleive I will need to be there so enough anyway, as Keiran is there talking to Master Tares."

The two of them moved down to the the area he had seen Keiran in. He opened a door and saw a group of Jedi there. He nodded to Skye, Ben'a, and Tares, then moved to stand slightly behind and to the right of his Master, Keiran.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Darsha grinned at being able to knock her master off.

"How much of the force have you learnt?"

Darsha thought about it.

"Not much really. The force blast. force jump, the thingy you made us do with the blindfold, force sensing, yeah, that's about all. And all sorts of other things they taught in the training facility."

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

The Padawan and hopeful walked in right as Ben'a started to speak and ask permission to go on a mission. Master Ben'a, I know exactly how you feel--except you can do something about it, Darex thought wistfully. Well, you've given me the perfect oppourtunity to spring my proposal, anyway.

He spoke up in the silence following Ben'a's words. "Excuse me Master Ben'a, but I have a proposition. There are still many hopefuls like myself staying here on Manaan. We have nothing to do, no way to help, and very little training. Back on Hoth, you were teaching us the basics of Force-use. We would be very obliged and relieved, I am sure, if you would pick up with those lessons again. At least I would feel that way.

"And if it's not too bold to say master," Darex added, fervently hoping not to offend the Jedi before him, "It would be very useful. We are desperate to be able to use this Force flowing inside us, but do not know how. We have been trying to learn things on our own and work on the things you last taught us. However, just like you, I find myself aimlessly wandering the ship with nothing to do."

He took a deep breath and waited for an answer from the master.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Skye stood silently beside Master Tares, listening to what was being said. She was amused by Keiran's answer to her Master's question but kept a straight face. She concentrated then on what else Keiran had to say, about what had happened with him and the Sith, Jareth on Hoth and then to what had happened on his return to the icy planet.

Her ears pricked up in interest as she heard her Master speak then of his brother ”“ she didn't know he had one. ”˜Hmmm well you learn something new everyday' she thought to herself, realizing that she didn't know that much about her Master. She followed the conversation with continued interest.

She sensed others approaching before they had entered the room and glanced towards the doorway just as Ben'a strode in, briefly meeting his eyes before she averted her gaze downwards, smiling slightly. Feeling a very familiar presence her eyes shoot back to the doorway just as Darex and Onderin walk in. She smiles at both of them, nodding back to Onderin before looking back to Darex, wondering how he will take her news of being Master Tares padawan. She remained silent.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Ara stood up and grabbed her lightsaber. Gesturing for Xel to stand up, she said, "In light of recent events, I think its time to learn some combat moves with your lightsaber. Switch it to low power." He did so, and Ara did as well.

"I showed you how to hold the lightsaber's hilt before, and to use it to block laser bolts. Now I'll teach you some basic moves and such."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

"Find the rebellion? If their ability to stay hidden is as good as it is made out to be, then it will be a difficult task. However we'll try my best."

Keiran turned to Onderin

"Prep the Strife IV for takeoff, and restock the armoury on board. After Hoth my weapons locker was slightly depleated."

As Onderin walked off to complete his tasks, Keiran turned back to Tares.

"Master Tares, there is one more thing I must speak to you about..."

Keiran went silent and reached out to Tares through the force. Keiran reached Tares' mind and formed a strong bond between his mind and Keiran's. Keiran planted a message in his mind, making it impossible for anybody else to hear or eavesdrop , whether they were a force user or not.

"Master Tares... my new ship... the Strife IV... it's previous owner was the sith lord Jareth. I'm not sure if you realize the full potential of how amazing this fact is, and if you do, then please stay silent about it. I'm telling you this because if I fall and the Strife IV survives, then you must locate it and keep it safe. Even if you don't understand it's potential, you must still do this favor, not for me, but for the jedi."

Keiran looked Tares in the eye as he waited for a "silent" response.

siggggy5ko.jpg

To Keiran, Tares nodded that he understood the ship's potential. Acting "normal", the jedi merely said, "You can tell me later, right now we have a new arrival."

As his comm beeped, Tares took it out and gave Kyp clearance to land. From there he looked towards Bena, "I am sorry that Master Kenobi left. The council was busy during the time, and unfortunately we freed up right as he left. Anyways, I do believe I have something in mind for you. We are currently in search for the rebellion. Keiran here and his padawan will be heading out to make contact, however we could cover more ground with a few more agents out on the field. Would you be interested in trying out different locations for Rebel Contact?"

tares.jpg

This mission certainly seemed needed, and Ben'a was grateful to Tares for tasking him with it. The Rebellion had proved an ally several times thus far, twice that Ben'a had experienced. Though he didn't immediately know where they might be, he did know that the former Pacalis City had been moved to a space station in the Corellian system...

"Yes, Master Tares, I will help the best I can. Your brother was formerly of the Rebellion, was he not?"

goodwoodsig.jpg

Xae-Lin laughed as she took a seat next to Kyp.

It had been nearly five years since she'd first met him while she was in the process of running away, yet again from the Nightsisters. She'd spent fourteen years among them, and had finally gotten up the courage to run away again. Big mistake. As soon as the Sisters were aware of her absence the sky broke loose with Hell's Fury. She'd run into the Jedi Knight almost by accident.

Her thoughts were broken as the com link beeped back with the clearence to land.

"Look's as though I'll actually get to meet some other Jedi than just you...It's about time!" She said coyly. After spending five years training with the Jedi Knight, she was more than ready to learn something other than the medidtation exercises that he kept her practicing as well as developing her animal rapport training that she'd been trained in as a young girl living among the rancor-riding Nightsisters.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

PM Mirdala if you'd like a timely response.

Leave anonymous IC feedback here.

Kyp piloted the Shuttle into an approach vector, and gently descended through the blue-gray cloud canopy.

"Meditation practices are good for you...", said Kyp. "They help you keep that temper in check... you know anger leads to the Dark Side... yes, it will do you good to meet some more Jedi... I just hope there are enough of us left.

The Redemption swooped in, low on the horizon... as the shuttle came to the Eternal Vigilance, it's wings folded up and the shuttle floated down on it's repulsors, landing in the larger craft's Shuttle bay.

"Come now, let's go introduce ourselves to the Jedi in that common area over there"

The landing ramp extended from the shuttle with a hiss of steam, and Kyp Durron strode forth, his long black and purple Jedi Cloak swishing elegantly behind him. He looked different now, with his bald head and reddish-brown beard. As he walked, the Jedi cloak parted a bit, showing the Lightsaber swaying back and forth gently from his belt with each stride. As he approached the small group of Jedi in the common area, he stopped short, quietly listening as to not interrupt their conversation.

BC moved through the corridors quickly. His robes flapped behind him, the Leader of the Jedi was moving to greet the newly arrived Kyp Durron. As he approached the large wookiee bowed his head. His hair moved with his face. As he moved it away from his eyes he extended his hand.

It is great to have you back old friend. Come in there is much to discuss.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

The young woman shrugged as she grabbed her belt the held her long knife and blaster then followed Kyp out of the ship, "Whatever you say Kyp." She smiled at the wookie that came to greet them as she stood behind and to the left of the Jedi Knight, her light blue eyes taking in her surroundings. She did remember her manners and gave a slight bow in greeting to the other Jedi and she had the good graces to keep her tongue quiet until she was addressed. She did her best not to stare at the tall hairy being, she'd never met a wookie before and to be honest...it was quite a shock. While the two Jedi greeted each other she absently fiddled with the clay necklace that she always wore around her neck.

psvBwny.jpg

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see.

"For a short time. His connections may lead you to the rebellion. Good luck on your mission, but if you excuse us, I still have alot to teach my new padawan." He said with a smile.

Turning to Skye, he thumbed his belt, "I think alittle field trip is in order...."

tares.jpg

Xae-Lin bowed deeply, still somewhat wary of the wookie. "Nice to meet you." Her gaze flicked to Kyp, she was almost wondering if this meant their parting. From what she understood, Jedi Knights and Masters were often assigned their students, or Padawans as the term went. At least that's what she'd been lead to believe, hence her caution with the wookie Jedi. That and she'd never met one before.

psvBwny.jpg

The Jedi are training hard, I will begin assigning missions soon. I am awaiting a full recovery from the last attack. The Imperials have become ruthless, they ally with eve stronger factions such as the Black un and Hutts to inflict even more damage. It is becoming increasingly hard to stand off such large scale fleets and ground troops. The rebels are available, ut do not have the man power to use their vast armada and resources. I have even tried infusing the Jedi with the Rebels, but it does not last long.

The Wookiee makes his way back to the Council Chambers.

Come if any of the Council members are still in the Chambers you can re-introduce yourself. It has been quite awhile.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

Tares nodded, "Only basic supplies and whatever else you wish. Once you are finished packing I will meet you in the shuttle bay." With a smile he then excused himself to his private quarters.

Twenty minutes of packing led the Jedi to the shuttlebay where he waited....

tares.jpg

Xae swallowed nervously and followed Kyp. She could feel the flight bugs take wing in the pit of her stomach. Concentraiting in her mind using one of the techniques that Kyp had taught her during her journey with him, she sought to quell her jitters.

psvBwny.jpg

Ben'a nodded to the Jedi Master as he heard him confirm Drake's affiliation.

"I understand, Master Tares, I will do what I can"

As Tares and Skye walked off to continue their lessons, Ben'a headed back to the hanger bays, where Ayevit tootled his greetings from the socket of his starfighter. Ben'a had his own ideas about how the Jedi and Rebellion could help eachother out, but those would have to wait until they made contact. As Ayevit assisted with the powering-up of the late-model X-wing, Ben'a punched in the new coordinates for what had been Pacalis City, but was now an immense station in the Corellian system. Once the repulsors were powered, he eased the craft out and over the whitecaps and seaspray that was the surface of Manaan, the occasional large fish or mammal breaking the surface.

Bringing the nose of the snubfighter up, Ben'a fired up the ion drives, rocketing into the upper atmosphere and the depths of space, winking into hyperspace

goodwoodsig.jpg

There was no one there that Tiana knew very well, she recognized maybe a few people by sight, but she hadn't been on Hoth long enough to really know any of the other hopefuls, or Jedi. So, after she finished eating, she stood up, and made ready to leave the room, maybe relocate her room, and change her clothes, and fix her hair, or something.

Anyhow, she had aquired a look at a map, while in there, so she knew sort of where she was, anyhow, if anything. Disposing of the food wrappers, and drink cup in the proper areas, Tiana made ready to leave the room, and see whether she could find her way back to her room, or something... maybe she'd be able to find something remotely resembling a library, she was getting rather bored.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.