The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

Following Master Tares instructions, Skye sat cross-legged on the floor facing him and let herself relax. She nodded her head in acceptance when he informed her about creating the link between them. She had often wondered about these links, or Force bonds, having read and heard stories about them and now she would find out about them first hand.

Her only hesitation was that she was unsure of how she would be able to hide her emotional confusion and attraction for some of the men on this ship from her master, if he wasn't already aware of it. So far she had found him to be very perceptive.

She closed her eyes, pushing that doubt aside and opened her mind to him. She was unaware of the time involved, only aware of the knowledge her master imparted to her was now there in her memory.

Hearing him ask how she felt, Skye carefully gave consideration before answering. Her eyes fluttered open and she met her master's. She tried to order her thoughts, to put them into perspective.

”œI feel the same, yet somehow different. More”¦ aware I guess.”

Edited by Guest

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Tares smiled, "Good, from this point on it will be your job to train in these arts each morning. With in time, they will become second nature to you. Just remember, the ability to fight is only one component to being a jedi. The ability to only fight when needed, is something else."

Standing up, he stretched for a few moments, "So tell me. What direction do you see yourself heading in during your training. What kind of jedi do you wish to become?"

tares.jpg

Skye automatically returns his smile and gives consideration to his statements, agreeing with an incline of her head, her acceptance of training every morning.

Standing also, Skye ponders his question.

”œI am interested in the healing arts master.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Nodding along, Tares thought for a few moments. It was rare to see a Jedi these days interested in something other than battle. "The healing arts are a noble thing to dip into. I think you will find them quite an experience."

With that he brought up the holocron again and keyed up some information on the typical Jedi healing arts and healer....

tares.jpg

Skye takes in the information, eager to learn all she can. Some of her idea's on healing seem more unorthodox and vary to the holocron's information but she finds herself enthralled by it none the less. The idea of being able to save lives instead of destroying them is foremost in her mind.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Darex wandered the halls, admiring the ancient artistic themes of each room. He came to one themed as a jungle, one as a savanna, and one like an ocean similar to the natural state of the planet the Jedi were on. Other rooms were less elaborate, yet still beautiful.

He eventually came across the arboretum. He walked among the plants, enjoying the feeling of the Force radiating off of them. It seemed so alive, and made Darex feel grateful that he was alive as well.

Eventually, he convinced himself to leave the arboretum and continue on with his exploration. Every now and then, he passed another Jedi, and nodded respectfully, but didn't speak. He focused on the living Force that he had reveled in in the arboretum. He tried to pick up the same feeling from the other living beings on the ship.

I need to train, he decided as he passed his quarters for the third time. I have nothing to do. At least back on Hoth Ben'a and Orrick had classes for hopefuls. He fingered the lightsaber hanging on his belt. He felt no emotional connection to it, as it was not his. He decided that he would seek out Orrick, Ben'a, or another master. I can return the lightsaber and ask about training for myself and the other Master-less hopefuls.

He headed off to the council chambers, hoping to catch some of the masters leaving.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Ish finished his drawing and decided to take his template down to the arboritum to sketch some of the exotic species of flora and fauna located there. He headed down with his green flowing robes draped over him.

As he entered, he felt the presence of all the living entities around him. About half the plants were in bloom from the part of the arboritum he could see. the walkways meandered throughout the facility, and were lined with benches at certain vantage point. Ish seated himself across from a giant "wroshyr tree"-as listed on the small computer reference screen near it-from the planet Kashyyyk. Thankfully the tree was quite young as they could grow kilometers tall. He pulled out his template and began sketching the contours of its bark.

He felt a special air of calm surrounding himself. He seemed to have a connection to these plants, as he did back on Dantooine, where his family also had a large plant growing business. He had loved plants, but was only well versed in the plants of his planet. He began shading the small inlets between the lines of bark and the knobs of the trunk. His thoughts centered again on his advancement within the use of the force, so he attempted again to draw using the force. Again he wasn't quite as accurate with the strokes on his template.

He went back to drawing manually. His thoughts dwelled on the serenity he felt while in this part of the vessel. As hopefuls past, he could also feel that they too were calm and in a peace-like state. Ish at that moment realized what he would like specify his studies in when a master took him as a padawan learner. He wanted to become a Jedi scientist. He wanted to grow plants to create places like this, and help people heal. He wanted to make lightsabers to stand the test of time like the wroshyr trees on Kashyyyk. He felt very pleased with himself. This time had not been easy for him, and he was engratiated that he was able to come to a concrete decision. Now all he needed to do was keep training and find a master or hope one would fine him.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

((I'm back))

Tiana continued her aimless mission to learn her way around Mannan, but wasn't exactly doing too well. Finally, she decided that her best choice would be to try and feel out any other people, to locate a mess hall, or something. She hadn't been trained too well, so she was only conscious of other life forms being there, she couldn't tell exactly where they were, or who they were. But it was a start.

She headed towards the most likely location for the mess hall by the most people that she could feel in one spot, which was hard, concitering. But it gave her a chance to at least eat sooner than she would've by just wandering around.

She was quite surprised to find the Mess Hall was almost right behind her room, and shook her head at her total lack of Force-sense. Maybe I should've stayed on Corascant, she thought dryly, as she picked up a glass of blue milk, and a plate of some form of food... Tiana didn't recognize what it was, only that it was food.... some kind of food. But it helped get her thinking straight, after a few bites, anyhow, and Tiana was able to concentrate on getting the location straight, and who all was there.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

After a short talk with spock Scorp decied he should train untill he got sore that way he could keep his mind of of other matters. Standing up his cape unfurled around him.

"hmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Scorp quickly did some streching then he lost him self in some train exerisces of how to use the force as well as some strengh building exercises. After about two hour very exausted scorp went to his room and cleaned up. Now wishing to go to sleep he pulled out a puzzle and began to work on it a while. But he quickly became fustrated when his tired body refused to help supply proper care to his brain.

"how do I expect to achive a better battle mind unless I can operate when tired?"

Scorp then returned to his puzzle. After about 30 minutes he finshed the puzzle in a weary sta he decied he would start on another one.

Scorp.jpg

Well, you could always just post something like "OMG GREAT FIC WOW!"

Sinking down to the floor again and getting comfortable Skye cocks her head to one side and looks up at Master Tares.

”œWell, I guess the turning point was at Telos ”¦ I saw a canine hit by a speeder and went to it's aid. I thought it would die but somehow I revived it, I still don't know how I did it.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

"Hmm, an interesting path to say the least. Life has a seemingly random way of bring an unlikely bunch together under one purpose."

Taking a seat on the floor next to Skye, Tares took a couple breaths then continued, "There is no denying that like your father, you as well are strong in the force. Your early talents at healing are a testiment to that. However, there is also no denying the deep emotion you hold with in you. Some would label these emotions good and bad, obviously the bad ones straying you towards the darkside. Yet I would call them human emotions. Now the question is, what will you do? Supress these emotions, let them control you, or you control them?"

tares.jpg

Skye feels a slight shiver go through her at the thought of the darkside getting a hold on her, but at the same time she doesn't think she can remain ”˜emotionless' as she had heard most Jedi referred to as. Besides which, she very much doubted that she could handle a life without love in it.

”œI don't think it would be healthy to suppress emotions Master, but at the same time I don't want them to control me. Can you teach me how to control them, so that they won't lead me astray. I would hate to fall to the darkside.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Tares laughed, "To live a life with out love is not life at all. Sadly, it's merely like an empty shell, nothing there but space, and pain. I would hate to condem any padawan of mine to that fate."

Stretching out with the force, the jedi could sense thoughts of Darex in her mind, "I figured this would be a subject on your mind. If I may ask, and hopefully offer some help in such a confusing situation, how do you feel towards him?"

tares.jpg

Skye could feel herself blushing furiously in embarrassment. She only meant the question in a general sense and didn't mean for her thoughts to go in his direction, least of all for her Master to pick up on them.

”œI”¦ uh”¦ I'm not sure Master. I mean”¦ I like him, but”¦ oh”¦ I don't know!”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Tares just kept smiling, "There is no reason to feel guilty about your feelings. The position you find yourself in isn't all that uncommon. Infact, I faced a similar situation when I was but a child. A girl was involved one of the same training programs as myself. Unfortunately, the program forbid any type of 'useless' relationship as they defined a boy's crush on a girl. Looking back, I know now it was probably just lust. Yet love and lust seem to be nearly identical at times. I never acted upon those feelings, and here I am today still loveless."

Keeping his smile, Tares began to stretch, "I'm afraid my experience with love is limited. However, I can tell you that from what I observe of you, your emotions at this level are natural, and well under control. I believe that the answers you seek will present themselves in time...."

tares.jpg

After excusing him self from the other hopeful's, he got up and found a small quite room, he closed his eyes and drew the force around him, he slowly slipped him self in to his meditative state. Reaching out with the force he used it to see all that was happening in the Manaan.

spock.jpg

Hearing her Master speak of his own experience made Skye feel alittle less embarrassed and she looked up at him. She knew only too well the difference between lust and love and wasn't quite sure what it was she actually felt towards Darex, while she couldn't deny that she was attracted to him it could be only lust. She also didn't know if she really wanted it to go any further.

”œ”¦the answers you seek will present themselves in time...”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Darex reached the council chambers, but found them deserted. Where is everyone? he thought.

He tried to sense their presences with the Force, but he didn't know them well enough to distinguish them from everyone else quite yet. Plus the fact that he had never been officially trained in that area.

So, now what should I do? I could go talk to someone...Skye is busy, he thought, reaching out to her. Ish is in the arboretum. I don't know if he wants to be disturbed though.

He stood aimlessly outside the Council chambers, then started walking again.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

Ryan had unnatural hearing, thanks to the emchanical side of his face. He was able to pick up many conversations from lots of people onboard the Eternal vigilence. He hears Master Ryoo pseaking, Master Tares speaking of love to skye. Then he hears Skye begin speaking of love herself. He listensintently to this part. He hears her speak of Darex. He knows he just met her, and there was no way she could fall in love with someone who was half machine, but there was always hope.

"Master I think we should move on with my training. I have not learned much, and if I want todefend myself from another attack, I think we should get started."

Ryan stands with his strong mechanical legs and waits for Kirlocca to stand.

dpr.jpg

Eli seemed to have been forgotten, in fact she doubted whether anyone even knew if she had gotten onto the escape vessel. She had just barely slipped on the last one, having avoided the battle by some measure of luck, and had ended up here. As it was she was trying to find a datapad so she could see if she was in the system.

Here we go. She thought as she finally spotted one and meandered over to it.

She put in Eillen Skyhopper, and like she expected, nothing came up, so she tried Eillen Stargazer...and there were her old stats, "Left the order..." yada yada, and as she scrolled down she saw that they actually had given her a room, on a floor with new trainees she noticed. Eli smiled, she had know that she shouldn't have expected anything else, but she didn't kid herself, she had.

Eli slowly made her way to her room, trying to tell which way to go. She eventually found it and went into the bathroom to take a long deserved shower.

"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood..."-Theodore Roosevelt-

The Strife IV exited hyperspace over the water planet Manaan. Keiran ran a scan of the water and detected nothing. He then reached out with the force and felt the massive presence of a large gathering of powerful force users.

"We've found them, Onderin."

Keiran skimmed the Strife IV over the water and saw the surfaced form of the Vigilance. Keiran dove into the hangar bay and set the sith infiltrator down, hard. The exit ramp extended and Keiran walked out with Onderin in tow. Keiran looked out among the jedi once more.

"It has been too long, Onderin. Death and the realm me and Jareth resided in can make time seem very stretched. Now go and converse with the other jedi, I must report to Tares."

Keiran walked off, searching for Tares. He found the jedi master conversing with Skye Organa, he barely heard her last question, Keiran smirked at the thought. Keiran stood off to the side with his hands clasped behind his back as he waited for Tares to give him permission to speak.

siggggy5ko.jpg

Onderin watched Keiran walk off towards Tares and Skye. He looks around for someone to talk to who isn't occupied. He spots a young hopeful wanderin around, almost lost, it seemed. He recognized the hopeful as Darex Trevalian.

Onderin approaches the man and speaks, "Um, can I help you? You seem to be lost."

He studied Darex breifly. He seemed to have a good connection to the Force despite not yet having a Master. He realized how lucky he was to have received a Master so shortly after he had arrived on Hoth. Thinking back, he realized that that had been some time ago already.

3C12kbA.png

There is nothing good in war. There is good in why we fight them.

Skye felt sympathetic towards her Master when he told her he hadn't felt more than lust but couldn't help trying to hide a smile. Her thoughts briefly went to her last ”˜love'. He had been tall dark and handsome and she had felt special when she was with him. Their love affair had lasted only six months though as she caught him cheating on her. Her thoughts were then tinged with sadness as she remembered the pain that moment caused. Yes, love could feel great, but just as easily it could cause pain as well. It was an experience she thought everyone should be able to share. This had happened well over a year ago and she hadn't been involved with anyone since, for fear of getting hurt again. Now that she had gotten over that pain, she was ready to let love back into her life again”¦ if she found the right man.

Her thoughts are brought back to the present as she realized someone else was with them and heard her Master address Keiran, asking if he'd ever been in love. ”˜Hmmm passing the buck are we Master' ”¦she cheekily thought, her previous embarrassment forgotten as she listened for his reply.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Keiran smirked once more.

"Love? No, too young, and I'm generally not looking for it. However like you, lust has come and gone multiple times. As a matter of fact there was this one dancer at Whyl the Hutt's palace during my bounty hunter days. Perfect thighs... Gorgeous face..."

Keiran trailed off, then realized he was ranting and shook his head.

"Anyways, I wished to inform you of my rebirth after my death. Me and Jareth met in a seperate dimension of sorts, we discussed and explored the force in ways not possible for the living. I feel like a whole new jedi now, and I plan to bring my new insights out in my work. Onderin and I completed his basic saber training at my penthouse on Coruscant. We then returned to Hoth, not sure of where the jedi had relocated to. We found a 500m radius circle of devestation. There was no snow in this circle, it was all melted, by imperial bombardment. I found a survivor of the barrage who informed me that the imperials had infiltrated the research lab. The survivor did not know what type of research the lab specialized in but he did tell me of our new base here on Manaan. Unfortunately, the survivor wanted die in peace, so we let him be and came here. Onderin has completed his basic saber training, and I feel the next step in his training is to progress to the real world. If you have any assignments you wish completed, please, tell me of it and we will do our best to complete it. Real world experience is what Onderin needs now."

siggggy5ko.jpg

Tares smiled as he stood up, "Unfortunately our defeat at Hoth has stung alittle. However that should be no reason to take away from training. Now that you mention it, I just may have a mission for your padawan and yourself. You see, my brother just recently took the hideaway of Pacalis City on Munto Codru, and placed the city in space in his new space station. As a result, the rebellion has had to relocate their base. Because of this, we have lost contact with our allies, but I have a feeling more has changed than just their base."

He took a breath, looked at his padawan, then returned his gaze to Keiran, "It will no doubt be a hard task, however I have every confidence in Onderin and you. I want you to try and find the rebellion, if not their base atleast make contact with them. If you do find them, tell them that the Jedi haven't abandoned them...."

tares.jpg