The Eternal Vigilance (The Maw)

Tarrian Skywalker

BC moved out of the Ouncil Chambers.

I will return shortly.

As he exited he searched for Toster. He moved swiftly his robes dragging behind him.

homealone.jpg

[Associate of the Illinois Mafia since November 2001.]

Member of the Four Horsemen

The League of Shadows

*Kirlocca sat down and breathed. He looked at his padawan with a somber face.*

"My padawan, I am sorry for all the trouble I cuased you. But my life, my mission as a jedi, is one that is hard to have a padawan. My life must be devoted to this mission, I can understand you if you don't understand. Being my padawan will be a hard life, harder then any other jedi life would be."

*Kirlocca looked up and into nothing. He was serching for something that he could not find.*

No...I am looking for my mission, and for that, My padawan will never be able to get his full training.

*He sighed and looked at Ryan in the eyes. He knew that his padawan would be loyal and stay with him, but for that, he power would be limited.*

"You are a good padawan, I can ask for nothing more then that."

Ara stopped looking through her bag and stared up at the ceiling. The framework was very intricate, especially for some sort of sea-going vessel. It looked incredibly sturdy, with crossbeams and such shooting everywhere.

She frowned. "To be honest, I'm not exactly sure. I hadn't really heard of this 'Manaan' until the beacon tugged me here. It reminds me a lot of another planet, though. A giant world of only water, with constant storms and very little living space. Kamino. It'd be interesting if the two were connected somehow."

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

--Mythbusters

Proud member of the vast Right-Wing conspiracy

Look! ART!!!

Nodding to Kirlocca, Tares smiled, "Well if you excuse me, I think it's time for my morning run."

Leaving behind a datapad for Skye displaying his "padawan proposal letter", the Jedi made his way onto his run. He knew that the young hopeful would find her way to him should she be interested....

tares.jpg

((I guess I could leave the Council Chamber too, but Velhart went to Idaho with Rorrie and won't be back for a while.))

Hou-Jo looked around, "Hello?"

Hou-Jo stood up and decided that he might as well leave as well.

He began to walk around the EV, looking around for something productive to do. Hou-Jo ends up at the mess hall. He sits down near Kirlocca, whom was apologizing to his padawan.

"I would like a plate of spaghetti and a glass of blue milk, please."

Skye watched Master Tares leave then glanced at the datapad he had left her. A feeling of excitement overcomes her and she struggles to keep a smile from her face as she turns to Ryan, Master Kirlocca and to HJP who had just joined them.

”œIf you will please excuse me I have somewhere that I need to be.”

Edited by Guest

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Skye feels like she may burst with joy at being chosen to be a padawan. Her thoughts then sober as they center on Darex and Ish, who have yet to be chosen and she wonders how they will take her news, hoping that they will be happy for her. Pushing those thoughts aside for the time being she meets Master Tares eyes.

”œAnytime is fine with me Master.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

((meep))

Tiana walked around the halls aimlessly. The last few days were all a flash to her, a bare memory remained, but that was all... it had happened so fast... arriving on Hoth... the attack... being picked up by a Rebel Transport... and now she was here. It was all such a swift, fleeting memory that escaped her every try to recall it. She didn't know what there was for her here, but she hoped to find out, as this place couldn't be any worse than Hoth, and mayhap, they would be safe for a time.

She didn't know what she was getting into, any more than she had, when she had first came to Hoth. Tiana breathed out slowly, lest any anger override her emotions. The short bit of training that she had picked up on was doing her some good, at least, though she didn't know how much more she would be able to get, or whether she would be able to stay here, though she hoped.

All the memories still escaped her. She was sure that she had fainted, because she didn't remember being picked up, not very well. She did faintly remember being in space for a time, and then she was here, with most of the other remaining Jedi, it seemed.

It came to her that she was hungry from all the wondering, and worrying, so Tiana set out to try and locate the cafetiria (sp?), and maybe see if there was anyone she knew around.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

To Tiana, Manaan was Hoth if the ice planet had melted. It was almost all water, she had gathered, after quite some time of wandering around the new areas. She didn't have a map, though at the moment, she would've liked to, because the Hopeful had no clue where she was, or where she was going, beyond that she was trying to locate somewhere to eat. She was also quite aware of her disheveled (sp?) appearance... her hair being quite messy, and her cloak hanging in a disary over one shoulder.

She didn't have any way to fix her hair at the moment though, because when they had left Hoth, she wouldn't've had any of that stuff with her. So her best bet was to locate a Mess Hall, or something. Tiana seriously hoped that she would run into someone to tell her where to go now.

Ah well, at least Manaan was warm, unlike Hoth, and for that much she was thankful, even if it was hard to find her way around at the moment.

spsig.jpg

Just when I thought it was over, I watched Tiana kick Almira in the head, effectively putting her out of her misery. I did not expect that.

Skye joins him in his run, matching pace and giving careful thought to his question.

”œTo be honest, I don't know that much about the Force, having only found out in the last few months that I had the ability. I know that many have the ability to use it, or be used by it, for either good or bad purposes. I guess it is up to the individual which way they use the Force”¦ for the greater good or for evil. I know I have a lot to learn and am more than willing. I have a habit of letting my conscious dictate my actions.”

SkyeOrgana.jpg

Ish heads out from the showers after talking to Scorp and Spock. He needs a change of clothes, and a room to stay in. He goes to the nearest information kiosk and accesses the on board computer and inputs his name. He finds he is put in a room near many of the other Jedi and hopefuls which is to his delight.

Now all i need are some clothes, I've been wearing these a bit too long

First thing Ish heads to his room. He meanders through the halls once more of the great vessel admiring the architecture until he comes to a door with the number 1279I on it.

"This is it" Ish tells himself.

He steps in to find a small, almost cozy room perfect size for him. He looks everything over and runs his hand along the neatly made bed. He finds a personal bathroom directly off his bedroom. He searches through his drawers and cabinets using the force to open them from across the room for practice. All of them seemed to be empty which Ish obviously expected, except for the last on. In it he finds a pair of blue robes along with a green and a gray pair. To his delight he makes sure the door is locked sheds his current robes and puts on the green ones instinctively.

He can feel hunger churning in his stomach again.

How am I ever going to survive on a mission without all this food he chuckles to himself

Ish heads to the cafeteria and grabs a plate of food he does not recognize, but that he wants to eat none the less. He makes his way over to an empty table and begins to for the first time eat like a normal person instead of stuff food into his mouth. He looks around at all the other people in the room wondering if possibly his new master would be in here.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

*Kirlocca looked at his padawan. He let his mind flow and try to discover through the force what they should do.*

"I think it would be best if we just relaxed for a bit. We just came off of so many battles."

*Kirlocca order a drink for himself, and then looked again at his padawan.*

"I feel that we both need the rest. And after that, I will let you decide what to do next."

*Kirlocca thanked the driod wator and then looked at his drink. It looked almost like seaweed, but when he siped it, it tasted like nothing he ever had tried before.*

Tares smiled as they neared a doorway, "Very interesting. I believe we should start with some combat training."

Entering, he made his way over to a control panel and activated the holographic display. In the middle of the room, a brown robed being appeared. The holocron quietly smiled as he waited for instruction.

Loading all the information on known combat styles, he turned to Skye, "As a Jedi, sometimes the need to fight arises. It is in these situations that knowledge of combat is key. Through my teaching, actually learning a style will take but a few moments. However, training is still required since knowledge alone isn't comparable to experience. I will let you decide what you wish to learn...."

tares.jpg

Skye slows her pace and stops inside the doorway, quietly observing as Master Tares headed over to the control panel. Seeing the holocron appear and smile, she responds in kind.

She nodded her head in agreement as her Master informed her about the need for knowledge of combat and, because of her inexperience knowing only too well the need for learning those techniques after what had happened on Hoth.

She fingers the lightsaber Orrick had given her that was still on her belt. She hadn't used it at all during that battle as she knew she would need training on how to handle its use, instead she had found a vibroblade and used that. Lightsaber training being another thing she wanted to rectify.

Out of the combat styles, she was partial to both Stava and K'tara styles. The idea of stealth caught her fancy. Her thoughts went back to the battle at Hoth and she thought that Stava would have given her a better chance in close combat when Neo had attacked her.

She informed Master Tares of her choices.

SkyeOrgana.jpg

(I said I would be away for the weekend!!!)

Darsha hurriedly gulped down her Dr Pepper and made her way to her new master's quarters. She didn't want him to think that she'd died.

She knocked and pushed open the door. "Uh, hi Master Ryoo, I'm here."

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Darsha Assant turned dark at 2734 posts.

"Ok, I want to learn about you. But, not by words, by fighting. Its the best way to learn about the person."

With that, Ryoo took Darsha to a training room and handed her a practice saber, while he took one for himself.

"Ok... attack."

ryoocopy-1.jpg

For those of you who knew me, it was great, for those who didn't, welcome.

http://www.naese.com/images/Ryoojaxxon.jpg

Ish gets up from his table, and puts his tray and plate in the proper recepticles. He decides to go relax in his room and do a bit of sketching which for him is a form of meditation. Walking down the beautiful halls of the vessel he spots a padawan master pair walking along, both human males. The padawan has a typical hair cut of a padawan as tradition states. Ish' own hair was nothing of the sort. It was about half way down his back long dark brown and flowing. He also had a goatee of sorts.

"Hmmm...Maybe it's time for a change" He muttered to himself as he passed the master and padawan nodding to them and getting a nod back.

Ish enters his room and pulls out his sketching template which he stowed away on his utility belt. He was surprised it had remained in one piece all through the battle and his sparing. "Built to last" he said as he threw it over on the bed....Ish has something more important to attend to at the moment. He rumages around in his bathroom through the drawers until he finds a pair of scissors. Though a bit archaic, Ish respects the item and lays it on the counter and takes a last look in the mirror at himself. He hadn't locked the door to his apartment, so he shuts the bathroom door.

Ish stairs at the mirror and slowly reaches for his scissors and begins to cut his long hair. He lets out a contemptuous moan as it falls on the counter. After about thirty minutes of cutting, trimming, and refining he has finally cut his hair and trimmed his hair to look suitable. He cut off his goatee as well, and used his shaver to shave his stuble.

There's a face under all this hair he thought to himself. He admitted maybe it was a good thing to cut it all off. It had been time for a change.

He proceeded to clean up his mess, took one last long look in the mirror at himself and headed out to his bedroom. He strolled over to his bed and grabbed his template and began to draw a picture remeniscent of the architecture on the vessel yet that was all his own......It had been a while since he'd had time drawn.

After a while he attempted to use the force to move the pencil across the computerized screen. Ish was quite relaxed so the force came easier to him, much more natural. He felt the pencil as an extension of himself. He continued with his vision of what he wanted to draw, but also concentrated hard to see if he could move the pencil to his will. He achieved his desired task somewhat, but he still was not as accurate with the force as he was with his own hand. He let go of the pencil with the force and caught it before it fell onto the screen, and continued his drawing by hand.

He turned his concentration to another thought besides his current drawing. How was Skye, and had she yet found a master....Ish hoped she had.

ish2hh6.jpg

Aussie-American Connection Since June 04

Most Sacred order of the Nocturnal

Wuju38: GIVE ME BAKED GOODS!

OOC: Thanks Skye. I'm back.

IC: Hunger finally drove Darex out of meditation. He quietly opened the door and headed barefooted towards the mess hall.

He sat down at a table and ate some Traladon ribs and blue milk. It was his favorite dish, and was the first meal he had eaten after he was picked up from Courascant by the Jedi. He remembered the experience as painful, yet exciting. Seeing Indy left behind on the streets while he was taken to comfort and safety was one of the hardest things he'd ever gone through. He had never forgotten that day. It had changed his life.

He briefly wondered what his friends were up to. He had gotten a feeling of peace and happiness from Skye about 15 minutes ago, so he felt assured that she was alright. Ish was feeling excitement and peace as well. Darex concentrated on their locations as a Force-excercise. Skye was running with Master Tares, and Ish was in his room. Darsha was in a room with Master Ryoo.

He gave a mental sigh. I feel so useless. What am I supposed to be doing???

He decided to wander the ship a little, trying to use the Force to figure out who or what was in the next room. He stood up, disposed of the rest of his meal, and headed out.

FDY9u6P.png

Grand Master of the Jedi Order

(THis reminds me of those psychological tests)

Darsha ignited her practice saber, its satisfying thrum matching Ryoo's in a discordant chord. She watched him warily, waiting for him to make the first move.

"Attack." Ryoo said.

She began circling him. waiting for an opening.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

"If you insist..." Ryoo muttered.

With that, Ryoo used a simple force push to push Darsha's saber out of her hands. After it fell to the ground, Ryoo pounced. Darsha was able to role out of the way just in time. While on the ground, she was also able to recover her saber.

"Ahhh... been practiceing I see..."

With that, Ryoo forced jumped up into the rafters of the room. He wanted to see how creative his new padawan was at extracting people from places she couldn't reach...

ryoocopy-1.jpg

For those of you who knew me, it was great, for those who didn't, welcome.

http://www.naese.com/images/Ryoojaxxon.jpg

Force jump... force jump....haven't I learnt that already?

Yes you do but you can only jump two metres and your dear master's at four, my dear.

Shut up.... She only needed to get closer...

She started sprinting towards the wall, her hand still on her lightsaber, testing the balance of it.. she was at the wall now..... and she gathered the force in and jumped. SHe twisted around to wards Ryoo, took quick aim, imagining the saber to be one of her daggers, and threw it, guiding its path with the force.

ilikegreenguyscopy.jpg

Tares nodded, "Very well."

Motioning for the young padawan to sit on the floor, he himself took a spot on the floor and relaxed. "Over the years I have discovered a focus of a specific mental aspect of the force. Whereas the normal force user uses this mental aspect to do things like mind tricks, I've developed several techniques to form mental links with others. Between these links, there is a world the users share inwhich time is different."

Drawing up the force, he breathed in, "To teach you these arts, would normally take many years to just know the techniques. However I can reduce this portion of training by placing a link between us. However realize that even if you know the techniques, it will take much training to make them effective in combat. Let's begin."

With a link between them, what seemed like months spent learning, passed with in a few minutes. After sometime, the two woke up, "How do you feel?" He asked....

tares.jpg